Dietary Options

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

746 E. Maple Road, Birmingham, MI (248) 850-7207

Reviewed on 1/30/2018 Meredith H

We tested the cakes and weren't too pleased. They tasted salty and off. Some of our friends have had the same experience with them...

2018-01-31T10:43:49 Response from the vendor

We would like to thank you for the feedback - it is always appreciated as we like to hear what our customers have to say! So sorry that you did not have the best experience with our products tastes. We do create all of our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Allison K

Excellent gluten-free options! Victoria was great to work with. Our tiered wedding cake was a gluten-free, semi-naked cake with fruit. It looked gorgeous and tasted fantastic. Even the texture was perfect. For most of our guests, we did two larger sheet cakes. These came out... Read More great, too.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Lauren S

Love & Buttercream did a wonderful job on our wedding cake! They have so many unique options (basil, champagne and lavender buttercream!) and everything they offer is delicious! I previously purchased other desserts and birthday cakes from them and was always so impressed so... Read More when we got engaged I knew I wanted to use them for the wedding cake. We ended up ordering chocolate cake with raspberry filling and almond buttercream. It was absolutely delicious! The almond buttercream was slightly savory so helped balance the sweetness of the rest of the cake. (My husband and I took the rest of the cake home and we ate it all week after the wedding - we didn't want to share!) Not only do they create wonderful desserts but they are also very committed to great customer service. They are very responsive and so friendly! Also, my husband and I were trying to keep costs down in certain areas of the wedding and they were very accommodating in helping us figure out a way to have them as our cake vendor but keep the cake within our budget. We will definitely be using them for future events, desserts and I can't wait to order our anniversary cake from them!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Baily B

Love and Buttercream were unbelievably helpful during the wedding process. They were accommodating, kind and delivered exactly what I had envisioned. Every step of the way they went above and beyond. They even allowed us to do an at home cake tasting due to mine and my husband's... Read More difficult work schedules. Not only did I end up with a beautiful wedding cake, but it was designed around the fact that I am gluten free! They were able to take all the reference pictures I provided and produce the wedding cake of my dreams. I would highly recommend the hummingbird cake...it was a huge hit!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Lauren L

We've stopped into L&B before to get cookies or cakes for special occasions and knew I wanted them to make my wedding cake. The staff was so friendly and wonderful to work with. Our cake turned out fantastic and we received many compliments. Thank you L&B!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Morgan M

Our cake was incredible. It was beautiful, very unique (they can truly do anything), and super tasty. Their cakes are seriously some of the best I've ever had - great texture, rich flavor, perfect frostings/fillings. Highly highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Tess P

Our cake looked exactly how I pictured it and described my vision to the girls at L&B. It was perfect and they worked together seamlessly with my floral vendors to incorporate real flowers. The cake flavors were absolutely delicious and everyone loved it! Can't wait to eat our... Read More top layer on our anniversary!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kaylie M

I had ordered a last minute cake from L&B several months before for my mother-in-laws birthday and it was done perfectly, so I decided to see if they would be willing to make a very custom cutting cake for our wedding. We were going to be serving doughnuts to our guests for... Read More dessert, and wanted a cutting cake that would be on-theme with that. I was worried that it was going to be too expensive and that we wouldn’t be able to do, but I sent over a photo of what I was looking for and requested a tasting. The tasting was amazing and they worked with us to find a cake that was actually under the budget I’d set. I was still slightly nervous about how well they were going to execute the vision I had, but when I saw it on my wedding day, I couldn’t have been happier. It was EXACTLY what I had wanted, and went perfectly with the rest of our display. The ladies at L&B were amazing, the cake was amazing, and I was thrilled with this experience. Thanks for helping us make the dessert table of our dreams!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Ashley O

Loved our cake and cupcakes. The ladies at love and buttercream are super accommodating and deliver a high end product. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Meagan H

Love and Buttercream was incredible to work with! From day one they were so attentive and helped us get exactly what we wanted for our wedding. The desserts were incredible and were absolutely raved about. Victoria was such an huge help in our planning process and we cannot... Read More thank her enough for making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Caitlyn W

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and SO DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Megan H

Worked with Love and Buttercream through Waterview Loft wedding venue. We picked a half chocolate cake with almond icing and half almond cake with almond icing. Guests commented on the double almond really surprising them and being more delicious. Design turned out better than I... Read More expected. Places to improve: Emails I sent had a slow response. Cake tasting was about what I thought it would be in terms of amount- though the bakery is tiny and leaves little room for the table squeezed in the corner right by the door. Made me wonder if there was any place in the back to have it instead? Felt like I was really pushing it asking to use their restroom.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 April B

Our cake was so pretty and delicious, and the whole design process was a breeze! Cake tasting is definitely every groom's favorite part!!!! :) The buttercream is slightly overwhelming, but in my opinion, it's always better to have too much and remove it, rather than not enough!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 sarah s

This cake is amazing! We have been coming here for about a year now and it was the first place we thought of when we went to pick a wedding cake. They make it easy for you to do a tasting by giving a " take home" option which worked awesome with our busy schedules. When the... Read More cake was delivered they put on the garnishes that I had and it looked amazing. The actual cake is the best cake I have ever had. We will be using them for a long time to come.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

Love and Buttercream was great when it came to our wedding. The tasting was easy to plan, and they worked with us since we do not live the in the area. They set up a time that was convenient for us to come in, and had our selections ready to go when we arrived. The cake we had... Read More at the shop was incredible! They even accommodated our request to try an extra type of buttercream. We received a write -up of exactly what we agreed upon for the cake. Flash forward to wedding day: The cake, in my opinion, looked disastrous. We requested an ombre, which was somewhat executed, but was not what we had discussed. The finished product looked block-y and like a kid had made it. The middle tier turned out beautifully. We received many compliments on the cakes design from our guests, and it obviously did not ruin our wedding, it just was not what I was expecting to get. The taste of the cake was just okay, it seemed a little dry. Overall, it tasted like a typical 'wedding cake'. I think as Love and Buttercream continues to work events, they will improve. I would recommend, as long as you are prepared to set up follow-ups, pictures, and a very detailed design plan for your vision.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Randi H

After our tasting with Love and Buttercream, we were so excited for our wedding cake! There are so many delicious options to choose from to create a cake that speaks to you and your spouse. We had a four tier cake with a separate flavor on each tier and every one was... Read More scrumptious! The staff was a pleasure to work with, the cake was delivered without any issue and was absolutely beautiful. We received so many complements on how tasty the cake was; there was not a slice a to spare. If you're looking for a cake that will not disappoint you or your guests, go with Love and Buttercream.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Erin R

We are so happy with our choice to get a Love and Buttercream cake for our wedding! They were so helpful and easy to work with during the planning process even though we waited until the last minute. They put together a beautiful custom 4-tier cake with a different intricate... Read More design and ombre color for each tier. It was exactly as we envisioned and fit our theme perfectly. The flavors were incredible, delicious and fresh and we received so many compliments from our guests. It could not have been more perfect, thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Becky Z

The cakes were delicious, and I had several guests give rave reviews about the taste. I particularly loved our chocolate cake which had chocolate chips in it... so scrumptious! It is the fabulous taste that allows me to continue to give a four star rating, despite the second... Read More half of this review. The one complaint that I had was that I spent extra time and money to work with the consultant on a surprise groom's cake, sending an extremely detailed description, as well as photographs, of exactly what I wanted, and yet they completely missed the mark. Love and Buttercream admits that there was a miscommunication between the consultant and the designer, and they have agreed to refund my money for the groom's cake, but it's still a bummer that what should have been a pretty easy and funny cake ended up leaving my groom and our guests confused, seeing as it wasn't the correct item. :(

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Rebecca H

The staff at Love and Buttercream were great to work with! There were plenty of samples and recommendations which made it easy for us to decide. We had a small cake for the traditional cake cutting as well as mini bars and other treats for a dessert table. They helped us figure... Read More out the numbers and handled our small changes leading up to the day. They were also super helpful with keeping the Groom's cake a surprise! Everyone loved the desserts and honestly couldn't get enough. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the Metro Detroit area. :)

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Amanda M

My husband and I purchased our cupcakes and small 1 tiered wedding cake to cut for our wedding from Love & Buttercream, and it was so amazing! The cupcakes and cake were delicious, the offer the standard flavors and unique ones (Vernors Buttercream, which we did and it was... Read More awesome!) The girls in the shop are so nice and really easy to work with. Everything was set up on time and looked exactly how I had envisioned! I would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Shauna S

My husband and I purchased or wedding cake from Love and Buttercream and it was so so good! They also helped us incorporate some of our own decorations on the cake to match our wedding reception decor, and it turned out perfect! The girls were so helpful and easy to work with.... Read More We have tried several desserts from the store and they are never disappointing. Would definitely recommend their services to all! -Shauna & Matt Wilusz

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Sue L

I visited a few places, but Love and Buttercream gave me immediate confidence. Our tasting was delicious and our guests made it a point to tell me that they enjoyed the cupcakes. Most importantly, they delivered within a tight timeframe just what I ordered. I will be visiting... Read More often for treats for home and other occasions.

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Christie N

I am so happy that I stumbled across Love and Buttercream in my search for a bakery to do our wedding cake. Their cakes are just to die for delicious, with the amazing buttercream flavors and cake pairing that they offer! Our wedding was just a couple of weeks ago, and I'm... Read More already craving more of the cake (our family ate our way through it pretty quickly afterward, it was so good). Leading up to our big day, Katie, Megan and the L&B team were so friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. They made the process of choosing our cake flavors so fun and easy - and they were happy to allow us two types of cake in our wedding cake that we cut and sheet cakes (one for the bride, one for the groom). We ended up with a vanilla cake with almond filling and champagne buttercream (my choice) and a cornmeal cake with raspberry jam filling and peanut butter buttercream. Both were SO yummy and a huge hit at our wedding!! For the reception, the cake was absolutely gorgeous, and the display with our flowers added in was just perfect. Thank you for your wonderful services and drool-worthy cakes, L&B team! I'd hire you again in a heartbeat :)

SUPER CUTE!

Reviewed on 12/26/2014 Tiffany K

This place is so incredibly cute and the staff are quite helpful!

Delicious Cupcakes!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Monica D

Love and Buttercream delivered 200 delicious cupcakes for my wedding! My original cupcake vendor went out of business and Love and Buttercream was able to save the day in a short amount of time! We did 2 take home cake tasting and everything this bakery makes is delicious! I... Read More normally don't like frosting, but I loved all of their buttercreams. We loved the berry cupcake with champagne frosting. Our guests loved the double chocolate ones, they went so quick! I may have to order some so I can enjoy one. Delivery & setup fees are very reasonable and they had a very cute square, clear cake stand we were able to rent. I would definitely recommend them!!!