On Location Bridal Hair and Makup Artistry

The Love is in the Hair team understands the significance of every wedding and ensures that each bride receives exceptional bridal hair and makeup artistry. Together, they are committed to achieving each brides sought-after style so they feel confident, beautiful and photo ready on their wedding day. Our team has a clear understanding of bridal elegance, professionalism and attention to detail. Love is in the Hair is Lake Tahoe’s Premier choice for on location Bridal Hair and Makeup Artistry. The Love is in the Hair team's artistic talents have been awarded and recognized on premier publications and websites including The Knot ( 2017 The Knot Best Of Weddings) Real Bride Magazine, Style Magazine, Tahoe Unveiled and several industry blogs.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

10246 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA Lake Tahoe, Truckee, North Lake Tahoe (916) 798-3637

Reviewed on 10/04/2016

Love is in the Hair had been recommended to me by several different people; I knew this was a good sign and they did not disappoint! From my first conversation on the phone with Michelle to my actual wedding day with Stefani, everything was professional, timely, relaxing and... Read More fun! I was pampered at my trial with Stefani; I showed her a few pictures of what I had in mind and she was spot on, that day and on the day it actually mattered!!! I’ve heard horror stories of brides hating their hair and makeup, but that was not the case for myself, my mom or any of my bridesmaids. We all looked like an enhanced version of ourselves. I would highly recommend Love is in the Hair. A huge thank you to Michelle, Stefani and their amazing crew.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Taylor B

Amazing! Michelle is personable, sweet, and dedicated to your big day! She is genuinely excited for you and wants you to have the look of your dreams. She has a magic touch with hair and is stocked with the best of the best in makeup selection (and is fantastic at using it!).... Read More She helped my pick out, order, and put in hair extensions for my big day and the result was everything I could ever have imagined and more. I can't recommend these girls enough. Thank you Michelle!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Katie D

These ladies, Stefani and Michelle, will be your wedding hair and makeup dream team. First, they are amazing. Second, they listen. Third, they are wedding industry pros. Fourth, did I mention how amazing they are? Stefani did my hair and makeup for my destination wedding in... Read More Truckee. Their home base is Folsom, CA but they service a pretty wide area of Northern California (and they will travel farther!). We did my hair trial about 4 months prior to the wedding which is unusually early but I am an engineer and I plan in buffer time and make contingency plans. Stefani worked off of a few photos and my input about the venue (outdoor on a golf course), my dress, trends versus classic. In the end, we settled on a romantic up do. She also did a trial run for my makeup - I have extremely sensitive skin and a lot of random allergies. She was able to work around all of that. I never reacted to anything she used. Stylists will always tell you not to expect the exact same hairstyle (super close but not exact). Day of, Stefani improved on the trial. I didn't think that was possible (I walked out of the salon after the trial - makeup on but hair undone and dropped my fiancé's jaw). It was amazing. I loved the style and how everything turned out. She also dos my mother in law's hair and makeup. My MIL started to cry when she saw herself, she felt so beautiful (that led to the rest of us yelling "eyelashes!!!" At each other to help stop tears). Michelle did the hair for each of my bridesmaids. She did an initial chat with each and then played up their best features and helped find a style that suited each girl. Their hair turned out amazing. So many selfies were taken that day. Oh yeah, and they did at this at the vacation home we were renting for the wedding party. They literally brought the salon to us. I was super lucky that I found them. They are excellent!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Jessica V

I had the BEST experience with Michelle and Love is in the Hair! From the beginning, working with her was easy and fun. Our first phone call left me feeling like we were already best friends. The trial was great, she executed my vision and we spent almost two hours getting to... Read More know each other. But the best part was how she treated me and my wedding party on my wedding day. Michelle has a bright personality, she's super social and so sweet and even ended up buying jewelry from one of my bridesmaids, who has a jewelry business, because she loved it so much!! She spent the time to understand what each of the girls wanted done and they all looked stunning. Everyone was super happy with how their hair turned out and commented on how relaxed and fun getting ready was. I was so nervous about my hair because I completely changed the style on Michelle (and by completely I mean from all the way up to all the way down and with extensions to without extensions) but she reassured me in the weeks leading up to the wedding and I could not have been more happy with my hair that day. It was comfortable and classic, but also super unique and fit my style. The combination of beautiful hair and her energy and personality made me a very happy bride. I would recommend Love is in the Hair to any bride getting married in Tahoe. Miss you already!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Jillian F

I cannot say enough about Love Is In The Hair. They were so accommodating, professional, and beyond easy to work with. They arrived early, finished early and my girls and I could not have been happier to spend the day with them. Stefani and Michelle are the best there is! They... Read More have their routine down like clockwork, making for a very relaxed experience. The best part... these two ladies are the most talented beauty team if worked with. I've been in a few weddings were people aren't happy with their hair and makeup. This was the exact opposite for my wedding.of course I had my trial and knew I would look incredible, but the bridesmaids don't do trials. Stefani and Michelle made every one of my bridesmaids and my mom stunning! Everyone felt like their best version of them themselves thanks to Love Is In The Hair. They made sure everyone knew what they were doing with their hair and makeup and wanted everyone to be comfortable. Thank you so much to Stefani and Michelle for making me and my girls look gorgeous, for making it fun and stress free and for being wonderful people. Don't think twice about booking this dynamic duo. You will not be sorry!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Juliana P

The Best. I found Love Is In the Hair by looking on Instagram and loved the hair and makeup I saw. I worked with Michelle and had my trial in Truckee. Michelle was very easy to work with, quick with communication, and listened to what I wanted. I showed her a few photos and she... Read More took it from there. It was perfect at the trial and even better on my wedding day! On the wedding day, we had 11 services, so we started early (7am!) Michelle and Stefani arrived on time, quickly set up all their stuff and were ready to started. The hair and makeup they did on me, my mom and MIL, and all bridesmaids was beautiful. The perfect mix of glamorous and natural. They kept us all calm the morning of, reminding us to breathe. :) They seemed genuinely excited to be there and excited for you. They did a terrific job of keeping us on time...even a few minutes early. I highly recommend Love Is In the Hair. Michelle and Stefani, Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Courtney P

I LOVE THESE GIRSL! My sister surprised me by organizing hair and makeup, so i really didnt know what we were going to get. I was so excited when they arrived early and instantly meshed with my bridesmaids. Thanks to them, we were ahead of schedule and every single girl was in... Read More love with both their hair and makeup. I actually didnt want them to leave because they made the day so fun. If you are looking for hair and makeup, you will not be disappointed. Seriously, do not waste your time looking for anyone else. They are the best :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jennifer P

Thank you, Universe, for letting me find Michelle and Love Is In the Hair! I had already had two other trials with different stylists that I wasn't happy about. I was shopping in Truckee after my second trial and mentioned it to the woman at the store. She told me that her... Read More hairdresser did bridal hair and put me in touch with Michelle. At my hair and makeup trial Michelle asked me questions about the wedding and took a genuine interest in what look I was going for. She was incredibly professional, bubbly, and funny. Plus my hair looked amazing! I knew right away I needed to book her. She helped me pick out and order the hair extensions I knew I wanted. I hadn't fully decided if I would wear my hair up or down for the wedding and leading up to the big day Michelle would send me pictures of hair styles asking which looks I liked. She never pressured me and let me decide the day of what I wanted to do. That kind of flexibility really helps when you're as indecisive as I am. The day of the wedding, Michelle, Stefani, and Shane came to my bridal suite early and set up everything they needed. They flawlessly executed hair and makeup for my entire bridal party and were incredibly efficient all morning. My friends loved them and kept saying how much fun they all had while getting ready. Michelle did my hair and makeup. The products she uses are great, they're lightweight and never smudged. I wore my hair down with loose curls and Michelle secured some gorgeous flowers in the back which stayed in place all night. She not only made me look amazing and feel so beautiful, but was super uplifting and such a positive energy to be around on my wedding day! This was the best decision I made for our wedding. I will absolutely recommend Love Is In the Hair to any bride.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Candace C

Michelle is absolutely professional, talented and all around a wonderful person to have involved in your day! She remained in close contact with me as we got closer to the day and was able to work around the many curveballs and requests I sent her way. Everyone from my maid of... Read More honor to my mother in law enjoyed having her bubbly personality around and everyone looked incredible! She spent time researching Grace Kelly after I mentioned it to her during our trial and she 100% nailed it. She absolutely made my dream a reality.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kari G

I have been getting my hair done by Stephanie for more than two years and she is not only a good companion, she is an amazing artist. It was only natural to choose her for hair and makeup on my wedding day. I had such a small wedding party, I did not meet her business partner,... Read More but she still accommodated me. My sister and I loved our hair and makeup, the guests complemented us throughout the night. Stephanie is such a lovely person and communicates with her clients to ensure that she can deliver what they want. I am so grateful that I met her, professional and talented.

Everything I could have imagined and more!

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Diane W

Every girl has this vision of her wedding day from what it looks like, the flowers, the dress and most importantly how beautiful you look as a bride. I always knew I wanted to look my best on my big day, but wasn’t ever really sure how to make it all happen. That’s where... Read More Michelle came into play! WOW! She’s magic! She knew exactly what I was wanting and executed it so well. I’ve never felt prettier. Michelle listens to what you are looking for and works with you to make it happen. She’s so good, she makes it look easy. On top of doing both my makeup and my hair for my wedding, she made sure that everything else went well too. She calmed my nerves when they needed it, she made me smile and help me take in the whole experience of my big day. She stayed with me through the whole event making sure everything was in place and lipstick was touched up through pictures. I can’t say enough great things about Michelle and her work. She’s truly the best! I’ll forever get to look back on the photos from our wedding and love the way I looked as a bride.

Best Decision for my Wedding Day

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Julia B

Choosing and trusting someone to make you look and feel your absolute best on one of the most important and best days of your life... scary! This was the hardest part in my planning process because I always do my own makeup and I'm not from the area. I researched several places... Read More online but decided to set up a trial with Love is in the Hair because of how elegant and professional they portrayed themselves, their experience, and prices. Michelle was great! I sent some pictures of ideas that I liked and she was able to see my vision! There were a few things I wanted different (bolder) and I didn't feel uncomfortable at all letting her know. She brought all of her supplies right to my suite on the morning of my wedding (professional and on time) and did both hair and makeup for my maid of honor and I. My maid of honor loved everything and couldn't believe how calm I was all morning. I owe that to Michelle, because to me hair and makeup is a big deal every day,so my expectations for that day were huge..Thank you, Michelle, for meeting all of them and more! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Love is in the Hair to any of my friends!

2016-01-10T21:13:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your heartfelt review, your kind words melt my heart. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your very special day. I love what I do and it's because of beautiful brides like you. Thank you Julia.

Glowing bride

Reviewed on 1/09/2016

My photographer asked who did my makeup and mentioned that the sun was hitting my face in the right areas, that is when I knew my makeup was perfect. My hair was full of big wavy curls pinned to the side and with the products used, it kept my hair curled all night even after all... Read More that dancing!

Loved my hair and makeup and you will too

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Michelle E

The girls from Love is in the Hair listened and captured exactly what style I wanted to achieve for my big day. They we friendly, professional and even showed up early to set up. My wedding pictures are beautiful and and felt so confident and comfortable working with Love is in... Read More the Hair.

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Tami

I couldn't imagine my wedding day without Love is in the Hair. On one of the most anxious filled hours of my life to date, these women made me feel calm, supported and cared for every step of the way. Not to mention their skills are incomparable - my vision for my hair and... Read More makeup was met and taken to another level I didn't even know possible. I wouldn't have felt as beautiful walking down the aisle to my now husband without the magic behind the hands of Stefani and Michelle!

2016-01-09T13:25:54 Response from the vendor

We loved your wedding so much we posted it on our website. You make such a beautiful bride and we wish you nothing but a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Alexandra S

Stefani did my wedding hair and I loved how it turned out! She also did the hair of my bridesmaids and their hair all looked amazing! I would definitely recommend "Love is in the Hair" to anyone! They were great and met me at the cabin I was staying in to get ready on my big day... Read More and that made it stress free for me. Thank you girls for making my wedding day worry free! I love how my hair turned out and wouldn't change a thing! -Alexandra

Stefani and Michelle

Stefani and Michelle exemplifying integrity, talent and up beat personalities. With over 14 years in the Beauty industry, their attention to detail and professional elegance is second to none. Progressive in an ever evolving industry and considered experts in all aspects of technical hairdressing and makeup artistry. Stefani and Michelle's commitment to education keeps their passion alive and gives them an advantage to a variety of bridal styles and photography specific techniques. It is a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together and that is exactly what they have created.