Love Is In the Hair

Lake Tahoe, Truckee, North Lake Tahoe

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

10246 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA Lake Tahoe, Truckee, North Lake Tahoe (916) 798-3637

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kimberly K

I cannot say enough nice things about Love is in the Hair. We had a destination wedding in Tahoe and had to do almost all our planning long-distance. I reached out to Michelle and not only was she very responsive, but she was able to squeeze me in for a trial run when we were in... Read More town for our tastings (we only went to Tahoe once between finding our venue and our wedding day so this was a big deal). She was super fun and did an amazing job and I booked her right then and there! Flash forward to our wedding day and she and her team arrived early to do my hair and makeup as well hair and makeup for my 7 bridesmaids, my mother and my now mother-in-law. We all looked amazing but it was still very natural looking and the makeup and hair looked good for the whole day and night! Thank you Michelle, Stefani and Dejah for doing such an amazing job, but also for being so fun to work with!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Vivan C

Love is in the hair!!!!!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ten stars!!!!!!! A huge shout out to Michelle & Nicole for making my daughter Emily Boor/Woodward’s wedding the best day ever. Thank you both for the happiness, love, professionalism and talent you brought to the special day.... Read More You made us all feel special and BEAUTIFUL and could not have accomplished this without you. Blessings for a great up & coming Holiday Season! With gratitude and much love, Debi Boor❤️😊

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Neev G

Michelle and her team were all around amazing. In the month leading up to the wedding I was so busy with medical school and forgot to order my extensions on time, but Michelle somehow made it happen and it was the perfect match-- couldn't believe it since I wasn't even able to... Read More try them on before my wedding weekend. Michelle and her entire team are such professional and upbeat ladies, and it was so nice to have them be there to make me and my bridal party look and feel the best on such an important day. It was so great to have someone who was able to understand my vision and bring it to life. They're-- hands down--the best beauty team! Thanks Michelle! 10/10 🙏💖

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jena K

I love these ladies! They were so professional and easy to work with. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup and all my bridesmaids looked incredible! Hiring them was the best decision ever! Thank you so much for making my wedding day even more special!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Jenna M

You do not need to look any further- because Love is in the hair (Stefani and Michelle) are the dream team! These wonderful women are a true pleasure to work with and did an AMAZING job. They were professional, on time, and so prepared. They both are so sweet and they truly... Read More listen to what you're looking for (even in my case, where I originally had no idea). There is no pushiness, and no second guessing- these two are a true talent! I couldn't have been happier with my hair and make-up on my wedding day and would go back to them again in a heartbeat. Do yourself a favor and book them now- worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Sue B

These Ladies are truly the duo to work with. They are so professional in their planning process and coordination of the wedding day . Because of their attention to detail the day was perfect and every one of our 11 ladies having hair and make-up done were so very happy, looking... Read More gorgeous. Thank You for being such an important part of this magical day.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Julie H

Michelle, Stefani, and the entire Love Is In the Hair team were outstanding!! They took care of my entire bridal party's hair and make-up for my June 10th wedding, and helped make the day the best ever!! My mom and I set up a trial make-up and hair appointment with Michelle... Read More two months in advance, and had such a fun time. She made us feel so pretty on the trial day and during the wedding! I recommend Love Is In the Hair hands down and can't thank them all enough for their outstanding work!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Rebecca E

I booked Love Is In The Hair to do make-up for my wedding and it was the BEST decision. I had such a wonderful experience and they did a phenomenal job! From the moment I had my make-up trial with Stefani, I knew she was talented and I could tell she was also going to be very... Read More easy to work with. I always have a hard time describing what I like, but Stefani knew all the right questions to ask to help me explain my vision. Prior to the wedding, Stefani was extremely organized and sent me a make-up schedule for the wedding day for me and my bridesmaids. She even worked with my hair vendor to coordinate! (I wish I had booked Love Is In The Hair for my hair too!) On the wedding day, they arrived on time and finished doing make-up for each person exactly according to schedule. I received so many compliments on how nice everyone looked and I definitely felt the most beautiful EVER, thanks to Stefanie! The team is fun and professional and I highly recommend them for any wedding. I'm so excited that Love Is In The Hair is doing the wedding that I'm a bridesmaid in this weekend! :) Thank You, Stefani, for an amazing experience and being so easy to work with!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Randal G

Great service!!! Having a destination wedding in Tahoe was overwhelming at times, but theteam communicated so well. It made for a seamless wedding day for us!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Tracy K

Michelle and Stefani are amazing. Not only are they super skilled and committed to keeping up with current styles and modern techniques, they also know their audience and are laser-focused on making sure each bride and her bridal party feel special and are attended to... Read More individually. What makes this team even better, is that they are a joy to be around - energetic, fun, compassionate. They meet new brides every single week, but are so authentically personal and warm - you truly feel like you've known them forever. And, when you're getting ready on arguably one of the most important days of your life, this sweet touch of true kindness combined with stellar talent is incredibly comforting and enjoyable. I could not and would not recommend anyone else -- Love is in the Hair is the absolute best choice you can make. THANK YOU MICHELLE AND STEFANI!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017

Michelle, Stefani and their team are the absolute best in the business. I had the pleasure of having them take care of me and my bridal party for my wedding over Memorial Day weekend 2017. I have been in a LOT of weddings and not one has ever gone as smoothly on the hair/makeup... Read More front than my own. We were actually AHEAD of schedule. Anyone who has ever been in a bridal party knows that's rare! Michelle, Stefani and their team came prepared with everything. We had amazing lights to make sure our makeup was perfect. I've never seen such a professional setup! Furthermore, my girlfriends and I felt beautiful. Being an Asian woman, I was really worried about finding a makeup artist that could do my makeup without making me look too overdone. It's really easy to do. Stephanie made me feel at ease, did my makeup EXACTLY how I wanted it, took feedback, and made me look better than I ever have before! And on top of it all, I still looked like myself. All my bridesmaids felt the same. Furthermore, my hair STAYED curly not only through my wedding, but through my going away brunch the next day! Finally, they run their business like a tight ship. They are fast to respond, had incredibly thorough responses, and were really just the most professional of vendors EVER. All while being the nicest people you could imagine. Stef and Michelle, thank you for making my dream wedding a reality. I can't thank you enough!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Lauren O

Michelle and Stefani were such a joy to have as my hair and makeup team on my wedding day! My entire bridal party LOVED their hair and makeup, and it lasted the entire night until the after party, even after dancing! They were patient, extremely responsive, open to my input, and... Read More so nice to my very opinionated Mother and MIL. I couldn't have asked for a better team to have on that day.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Nina M

Stefani and Michelle are absolutely an amazing team. On your wedding day you want to be stress free and want everything to go as planned, they made that possible for me on my wedding day. They arrived early, set up quickly and were able to execute each of my bridesmaids unique... Read More visions for their looks. Stefani made me look fabulous and I wish I could have her around all the time to do my hair and makeup! Stefani and Michelle were a dream to work with and I would recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Deneen K

I don't even know where to start with how amazing this team is! Weddings can be so stressful and the last thing you want to worry about is how your are going to look on one of the most important days of your life. Stefani made my wedding day dreams come true! At my trail she put... Read More me at ease because I am very picky (I am sure she can attest to that) which I am sure most brides are but she was so patient with me to make sure I left my trail 100% happy! Then the morning of my wedding Stefani and Michelle showed up a few minutes early and go to work on my friends and family! Everyone looked so beautiful. Stefani and Michelle are true professionals and so amazing to work with! I wish I could have them around all the time to make me look beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Heather D

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding Stefani and Michelle worked. To cut to the chase- they did such an amazing job I IMMEDIATELY hired them to do my wedding THE WEEK I GOT ENGAGED. First vendor I booked was Love Is In The Hair. They are so fun to have around on the day of.... Read More Michelle constantly told me how gorgeous I was as she did my makeup (which is always fun to be told), and Stefani did a bridesmaid hair style on me that was fit for a bride. They are such a great team and made the LONG day of getting ready so much more fun and stress free!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Summer W

Love is in the Hair is PURE PERFECTION PEOPLE! I was a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding and let me tell you, as soon as Stefani did work on my face, I nearly started crying tears of joy. She is absolutely amazing at what she does and truly radiates sincere passion for what... Read More she does. When my big day comes, I will for sure know who to call. Thanks Stefani!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Rebecca P

Love Is In the Hair is my favorite! I've referred them to so many people and they have gotten the same amazing service! I worked mostly with Stefani and she is just perfect. Very professional, on time, prepared, and you can tell she loves what she does! I was the bride and she... Read More also did either hair or makeup to each of my bridesmaids. They all were very impressed with Stefani! I will forever continue referring her!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Emily W

If I could give 100 stars I would! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Michelle and her team at Love is in the Hair!! She created an absolutely gorgeous look for me on my wedding day, and her assistant Nicole was fabulous too, creating gorgeous looks for my bridesmaids... Read More as well :) It was such a lovely experience, spending the wedding morning with these wonderful girls. As a bride, one of the most important parts of the wedding is the look coming together and feeling your most beautiful on such a special day. You put a huge amount of trust in your beauty professionals to take your vision and make it come to life. Michelle completely elevated this vision I had for myself and my girls, and I still get chills thinking of how beautiful we all were that day. The groom was pretty blown away as well :) If I had to do it all over again, I would pick Love is in the Hair every time over. It was a joy to work with Michelle and her team. Any bride looking for professional, creative, exceptional people to create her wedding look should look no further than Love is in the Hair!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Ariel H

Michelle and her team rock!!! From the get go, she was quick to respond to my emails, questions, etc. and to get on the phone with me to talk things out. I was reluctant to do a hair trial because of my budget, but I'm really glad that I did. Michelle really worked with me to... Read More figure out the right look and took my feedback warmly and executed it on wedding day! Her team was on time, warm and fun on the actual day. They rolled with all sorts of style requests from my bridesmaids and family members. We looked and felt amazing on my wedding day all thanks to the hard work and dedication of Michelle and her team. I wouldn't recommend anyone else in the area. She is extremely organized and uses top of the line products and equipment. Of all the people I spoke with when I was shopping around, I could tell from our conversations that Michelle was the best and she exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Jessica V

I had the BEST experience with Michelle and Love is in the Hair! From the beginning, working with her was easy and fun. Our first phone call left me feeling like we were already best friends. The trial was great, she executed my vision and we spent almost two hours getting to... Read More know each other. But the best part was how she treated me and my wedding party on my wedding day. Michelle has a bright personality, she's super social and so sweet and even ended up buying jewelry from one of my bridesmaids, who has a jewelry business, because she loved it so much!! She spent the time to understand what each of the girls wanted done and they all looked stunning. Everyone was super happy with how their hair turned out and commented on how relaxed and fun getting ready was. I was so nervous about my hair because I completely changed the style on Michelle (and by completely I mean from all the way up to all the way down and with extensions to without extensions) but she reassured me in the weeks leading up to the wedding and I could not have been more happy with my hair that day. It was comfortable and classic, but also super unique and fit my style. The combination of beautiful hair and her energy and personality made me a very happy bride. I would recommend Love is in the Hair to any bride getting married in Tahoe. Miss you already!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Jillian F

I cannot say enough about Love Is In The Hair. They were so accommodating, professional, and beyond easy to work with. They arrived early, finished early and my girls and I could not have been happier to spend the day with them. Stefani and Michelle are the best there is! They... Read More have their routine down like clockwork, making for a very relaxed experience. The best part... these two ladies are the most talented beauty team if worked with. I've been in a few weddings were people aren't happy with their hair and makeup. This was the exact opposite for my wedding.of course I had my trial and knew I would look incredible, but the bridesmaids don't do trials. Stefani and Michelle made every one of my bridesmaids and my mom stunning! Everyone felt like their best version of them themselves thanks to Love Is In The Hair. They made sure everyone knew what they were doing with their hair and makeup and wanted everyone to be comfortable. Thank you so much to Stefani and Michelle for making me and my girls look gorgeous, for making it fun and stress free and for being wonderful people. Don't think twice about booking this dynamic duo. You will not be sorry!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Juliana P

The Best. I found Love Is In the Hair by looking on Instagram and loved the hair and makeup I saw. I worked with Michelle and had my trial in Truckee. Michelle was very easy to work with, quick with communication, and listened to what I wanted. I showed her a few photos and she... Read More took it from there. It was perfect at the trial and even better on my wedding day! On the wedding day, we had 11 services, so we started early (7am!) Michelle and Stefani arrived on time, quickly set up all their stuff and were ready to started. The hair and makeup they did on me, my mom and MIL, and all bridesmaids was beautiful. The perfect mix of glamorous and natural. They kept us all calm the morning of, reminding us to breathe. :) They seemed genuinely excited to be there and excited for you. They did a terrific job of keeping us on time...even a few minutes early. I highly recommend Love Is In the Hair. Michelle and Stefani, Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Courtney P

I LOVE THESE GIRSL! My sister surprised me by organizing hair and makeup, so i really didnt know what we were going to get. I was so excited when they arrived early and instantly meshed with my bridesmaids. Thanks to them, we were ahead of schedule and every single girl was in... Read More love with both their hair and makeup. I actually didnt want them to leave because they made the day so fun. If you are looking for hair and makeup, you will not be disappointed. Seriously, do not waste your time looking for anyone else. They are the best :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jennifer P

Thank you, Universe, for letting me find Michelle and Love Is In the Hair! I had already had two other trials with different stylists that I wasn't happy about. I was shopping in Truckee after my second trial and mentioned it to the woman at the store. She told me that her... Read More hairdresser did bridal hair and put me in touch with Michelle. At my hair and makeup trial Michelle asked me questions about the wedding and took a genuine interest in what look I was going for. She was incredibly professional, bubbly, and funny. Plus my hair looked amazing! I knew right away I needed to book her. She helped me pick out and order the hair extensions I knew I wanted. I hadn't fully decided if I would wear my hair up or down for the wedding and leading up to the big day Michelle would send me pictures of hair styles asking which looks I liked. She never pressured me and let me decide the day of what I wanted to do. That kind of flexibility really helps when you're as indecisive as I am. The day of the wedding, Michelle, Stefani, and Shane came to my bridal suite early and set up everything they needed. They flawlessly executed hair and makeup for my entire bridal party and were incredibly efficient all morning. My friends loved them and kept saying how much fun they all had while getting ready. Michelle did my hair and makeup. The products she uses are great, they're lightweight and never smudged. I wore my hair down with loose curls and Michelle secured some gorgeous flowers in the back which stayed in place all night. She not only made me look amazing and feel so beautiful, but was super uplifting and such a positive energy to be around on my wedding day! This was the best decision I made for our wedding. I will absolutely recommend Love Is In the Hair to any bride.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Candace C

Michelle is absolutely professional, talented and all around a wonderful person to have involved in your day! She remained in close contact with me as we got closer to the day and was able to work around the many curveballs and requests I sent her way. Everyone from my maid of... Read More honor to my mother in law enjoyed having her bubbly personality around and everyone looked incredible! She spent time researching Grace Kelly after I mentioned it to her during our trial and she 100% nailed it. She absolutely made my dream a reality.