LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens

The LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens is an expansive collection of specialty gardens, woodlands and arboreta. An oak alley brings you to the center of the beautiful landscaped gardens. The facilities and surrounding gardens available for rental include the Ione Burden Conference Center with a large catering kitchen; Steele Burden Memorial Orangerie, a beautiful Hays Town atrium overlooking the Great Lawn and Rose Garden; The Pavilion, an open-air pavilion with a grand fireplace located next to the Burden Woods.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Garden, Park

4560 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA (225) 763-3990

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Paige J

Perfect setting for our wedding!! The gardens are beautifully maintained. So full or color and variety. The Orangerie is stunning!! One of the most beautiful settings in Baton Rouge. Katie was so knowledgable and patient throughout the process of booking and having our... Read More ceremony and reception here. Rain in the forecast caused a LAST MINUTE change to our planned set up and Katie jumped right on board helping to ensure we still had a beautiful evening here. If you want an extraordinary backdrop to build your wedding on, this is the place!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Misty R

The setting was perfect! This was the perfect venue for our special day!

2016-12-14T16:48:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We have some of the best brides grace our property!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Natalie G

One of THE BEST decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding was getting married at the Botanic Gardens. We work in the wedding industry, so we knew exactly what we wanted and couldn't find it in New Orleans. We searched for the perfect venue for about a month and... Read More nothing could compare to the Botanic Gardens. The day we toured the venue, we knew immediately that we would want to get married there. We are so grateful to have had such an extraordinary team working with us to make our dreams come true. Mary, Katie, and the staff were so incredibly helpful and responded to all my emails and questions in a timely manner. We rented the Orangerie and the Pavilion for an incredibly affordable price compared to New Orleans! We wanted a venue that would reflect our personalities and the Botanic gardens was perfect! The landscape, flowers, and buildings were so beautiful kept! The ceremony was held on the lawn under some beautiful trees with the sun setting behind us. The reception was held in the Pavilion with the fire place lit. I would 100% recommend taking a tour and booking your wedding at the Botanic Gardens!

Meet The Coordinator

Katie Guitreau

I have been a lover of beautiful outdoor spaces, plants and creating for most of my life, but only a part of the LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens Staff since 2010. I love the city of Baton Rouge and this gorgeous state. It is my desire to share the love for our city through creating fabulous events on one of its' most cherished jewels, the LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens. Please let me know how we can help make your wedding dreams come true.