Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Transportation

1031 New Hampshire St, Lawrence, KS (785) 331-2096

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Sara H

We could not have asked for a better staff and venue for our July wedding. Lara and the Maceli's staff were calm and organized on our wedding day and made sure that everything went smoothly. The venue was beautiful and required little decoration, and all of our guests raved... Read More about how delicious the food was. Maceli's made it easy for us to relax and enjoy our wedding day with no stress.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Cheryl K

Maceli's catered our daughters wedding at The Castle Tea Room 5/27/2017. I would give them 10 stars if possible. Lara and the staff went above and beyond all expectations. Lara helped us chose an amazing menu for our event and they were beyond patient and helpful with all of our... Read More pre-wedding chaos.They hung all our lights/lanterns/curtains etc and with uncertain weather were very flexible on setup and serving arrangements. The food and service was OUTSTANDING. They also were very conscientious about backdrops and flowers for the grounds due to Winter kill. I can't say thank you enough. We would highly recommend Maceli's for any event you are considering.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Abby H

Perfect place for a wedding reception! Lara was amazing. She and her team took care of essentially everything and made the day stress free for me. I have recommended them to many others and will continue to do so!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Chloe M

We had a fantastic experience with Maceli's! Lara was awesome to work with, she was extremely accommodating and kept in touch with me throughout the entire experience. We met several times to go over details and she always greeted us with a smile and had fresh ideas we hadn't... Read More thought of to offer when we were stuck trying to decide what option to choose. We went to two different tasting parties there and everything we tried was to die for. We are constantly getting compliments on the food from guests who attended our reception. We chose Caesar salad, Apple Bourbon Pork, Garlic & Herb Beef and Mashed Potatoes. The event space itself was gorgeous. The only thing we felt like we needed to decorate was the tables! The balcony adds a great vantage point for guests seated up there. The bistro room was perfect for the cocktail hour, bar area and photobooth. We had a fairly large reception with 200 guests and it did get crowded during the cocktail hour, but guests were able to find their seats in the banquet room if they felt uncomfortable. I would recommend Maceli's to EVERYONE! Knowing everything would be covered thanks to their professional staff gave me peace of mind throughout the entire planning experience! Thanks Lara and Maceli's!!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Amanda M

We had a great experience with Maceli's - they were easy to work with from the beginning, were sensitive to our budget, and took care of everything, including special dietary requests. A few of our guests remarked that this was the best wedding food they'd ever had. We had a... Read More large wedding (300) and our guests were able to get through the buffet line quickly and enjoy their meal.

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Zac A

My daughter had her wedding reception at Maceli's and it was wonderful! She lives in Kansas City and we looked at several locations. Maceli's was the best price for what is included. The facility is beautiful, food was delicious and all the staff was friendly and helpfully... Read More throughout the entire evening. I would highly recommend using Maceli's for any event!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Katie L

We used Maceli's for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. We had it catered both times to a different location, although we ate at Maceli's for one of their tastings and really loved the venue as well. We had already contracted with our venue at the time of the tasting or... Read More else we would have been very interested at having our wedding on location. The food was INCREDIBLE. Our guests wouldn't stop talking about how delicious the food was especially the beef. The staff were a dream to work with as they were very attentive, communicative, and professional. And last but definitely not least, they have SO MANY options for truly every budget. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone better in Lawrence. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone planning a wedding.

2015-07-20T14:17:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Katie! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your Maceli's experience. Take care!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Kathleen K

I just had my wedding and reception at Macelis and it was absolutely perfect! I had so many compliments about how beautiful the wedding was and how amazing the food was as well. The staff were great to work with and everything came together even better than I had imagined. I... Read More can not than Macelis enough for making our wedding day so perfect!

Great Food, Great Service

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Susan T

My sister had had a great experience with Maceli's for her rehearsal dinner several years ago, which is why we decided to use them for our wedding. Maceli's did a fantastic job catering our wedding. They were willing to work with an additional caterer who provided traditional... Read More Indian food. Maceli's provided the table settings, catering equipment delivery and set up, beverage table, appetizers and a buffet dinner. Lara was very organized and easy to work with. She worked with us to be able to attend a tasting from out of state and answered any questions we had along the way. The food was delicious and received lots of compliments from our guests. The prices were definitely reasonable for the service received. I would definitely recommend Maceli's!

Love Maceli's

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Megan G

Very easy to work with Maceli's from start to finish. I appreciated the constant flexibility and the food was fantastic! They provided bar service, drink service, cake cutting, and a buffet for the best value around town, with what I believe was equal quality! They worked well... Read More with our venue and everything went off without a hitch for our 130 guests! The biggest hit was the coffee bar - people loved it since it was a little chilly outside that night! Would highly recommend!

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2014 Ashley R

Macelis's staff and owner were SO nice and helpful! They were so willing to help and knew the importance of a good business reputation. They definitely out shined all the other venues we looked at! And were reasonable in price compared to others as well! SOO helpful it made the... Read More process MUCH easier! They even decorated for us when we brought everything to them! I definitely recommend using Maceli's for any wedding or event! They truly did make it a wonderful night!

GREAT RECEPTION SITE!

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Talia V

I had my reception at Maceli's and it was amazing. Everything turned out beautifully and all the staff that worked at the reception was very friendly and professional. They have recently done renovations and it looks wonderful. I had SO many compliments on this venue and I am so... Read More happy that we went with them! You do have to cater through Maceli's. Their food is DELICIOUS. You can't go wrong with anything you pick. My husband and I do think it is overpriced and we had to go over our budget to pay for the food but all of the guests enjoyed the venue and the food and it was well worth it! I wouldn't have changed a thing. Again, the staff was so friendly and they even tried to help us with our budget the best they could! Everything was perfect and beautiful and I would highly suggest this venue for a reception site!!!! Downtown Lawrence, Great food, beautiful venue…can't beat it!!!!

Wonderful space, food, and staff!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Laura W

I held my reception for around 200 people at Maceli's and used their catering. There was plenty of room for everyone and my guests all commented on how they liked the food. The staff was very easy to work with before the event and the event staff did a wonderful job of running... Read More everything. The price was a bit higher than I originally wanted but in the end the product was well worth the expense. I highly recommend Maceli's!

Nice Italian Buffet

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Jaclyn S

We had Maceli's cater our rehearsal dinner at the Watkins Community Museum. They served a really nice deluxe Italian dinner buffet. We loved the salad and eggplant entree especially well, and the desserts were great. The deluxe Italian is much better than the other Italian... Read More buffet option they provide, which I have had in the past. The service and clean-up were smooth, and on a holiday as well!

Taco bar-YUM!

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Shelly P

We had the deluxe taco bar at our wedding reception. So many people told us it was the best wedding food they had ever had! It was just delicious. The staff was also great. They catered to our needs, asking what they could do to help just often enough. They even got me water and... Read More lit the candles on the tables for us! They were truly outstanding.

Maceli's is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 12/27/2012 Christina K

I decided upon Maceli's after having been to a couple of events that were catered by them. I have never been disappointed with the food at any meal I've had prepared by them and our wedding dinner was no exception! We had the pasta bar served buffet style with a mixed green... Read More salad and breadsticks. We did not use their banquet space (they catered off-site for us), but their hall is beautiful as well! The service was excellent, the food was wonderful - I will definitely be keeping Maceli's on my go to list for events in the future. Kasey was our representative - and she's just wonderful. We kept a lot of email contact throughout the process and she was an absolute pleasure to work with in regards to keeping the price affordable for us. Thanks, Kasey!

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Karen E

Amazing food, great service, overall fantastic experience! The food (I had Italian buffet) was on time, hot, and delicious. They went out of their way to do an excellent job.

Great venue, Amazing food

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 Jessica R

We had our reception at Maceli's and they catered the dinner, as well. Laura and Steve were both so wonderful to work with. Laura was patient with my million emails and they were so accommodating to what we needed. We chose to have the full-service plan and the waiters were... Read More efficient and friendly. Our guests still rave that it has been one of the best meals they have had at a wedding. The food was very reasonable and the portions were HUGE. Everything went smoothly and we couldn't have asked for it to go better. I would definitely recommend Maceli's to anyone looking for a reception site in Lawrence and surrounding areas; you will be given great service and it is well worth your money.

Great Food for a Great Price!

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Christine J

Maceli's offers a fantastic economy buffet option. The food was so good our guests still constantly talk about the turkey! They offer trial nights for interested couples where you can go and preview the menu options (though not all are offered), and usually you can get a voucher... Read More to try some of their food at their Sunday brunches, which is also delicious!). Couldn't of been better, and we still spent way less than many of my friends with comparable catering options.

Great Food!!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2011 Katie S

I love Maceli's and Steve and his staff. The food was divine! I have had so many compliments on the food and how tasty it was. Now, as the bride, I don't really remember the food because you are so busy! I do know that they offer taste testing throughout the year which allows... Read More you to taste a variety of options. I would recommend them to anyone!

Dream come true!

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Molly B

I recommend Maceli’s to everyone that is looking to get married in Lawrence! Laura did an awesome job helping me get all my thoughts and ideas to come together. She was so patient with all the “discussions” with family. When I walked in on my wedding day I could not believe that... Read More the room was completely transformed into our very own. I have been to other events in Maceli’s and was afraid that it would not be “special”, but I was blown away with how everything came together. The food was phenomenal and the price could not be beat in town! Thank you again to Laura and the staff and Maceil’s for making our wedding day a special one to remember!

Great place for a big wedding

Reviewed on 5/12/2011 Julie K

The staff at Maceli's are very easy to work with and completely cooperative. We had about 300 guests and they all fit comfortably into the main room. The bar was in the bistro room... also the place we ended up having our rehearsal dinner. The food was amazing and there are... Read More several options when it comes to pricing. We were on a relatively tight budget and ended up going with the buffet with plastic plates... but they looked just as good as china! We were very happy with the service!

Lovely!

Reviewed on 2/21/2011 Gwen T

Maceli's worked out beautifully for the wedding and reception. Main hall is nicely laid out, the staff and owner helped immensely in planning our event. Food was excellent! Drawback: A Bridal Fair was held earlier on the day of our event which we were not informed about until... Read More after we had decided to book with them. We had to push our start time back twice, but all worked out in the end. Used their staff wedding planner but still had some mixups the day of, would suggest more clear communication and oversight to make sure all goes as planned.

Great venue, food a little pricey

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Betsy L

We got married and had a our reception at Maceli's. The venue is absolutely beautiful. And the staff worked with us to prepare the venue for our wedding and then quickly shift things around for the reception. It went off without a hitch. I thought the food was a little... Read More expensive for what we ended up getting. Oh, and one more odd thing. The top of our cake, which we wanted to save for our anniversary, somehow "disappeared" during the evening. Maceli's was quick to solve the problem and they bought us a new top to our cake. But it was a little odd.

Maceli's Reception

Reviewed on 10/28/2010 Jill W

Great to work with! We ended up changing some of the details about the package we picked, which I was nervous about them not bringing the right stuff. They brought everything we asked for, and the food was great!