Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin, Persian

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

11152 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX (713) 714-7357

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Summer Tomlinson

Kat Alvarado of Madam DJ had to have been one of our favorite vendors to work with during the wedding planning process. I loved the concept of a female DJ team and we felt so comfortable with Madam DJ from the moment we spoke with them initially at the Bridal Extravaganza a year... Read More before our wedding. We met with Kat initially to discuss options and package pricing, which were all very competitive. I was very impressed with her professionalism and organization. It's obvious she's a pro at this and that really put us at ease. Once we singed a contract with Madam DJ, we knew we wouldn't have anything to worry about. Any further communication during the planning process was always prompt and professional. We kept in touch regarding custom GOBO production, additional uplighting to be added, timeline for the day of the wedding, and even Mariachi Band suggestions. Closer to our wedding date, Kat agreed to meet us at our venue to double check set up and then sat down with us to go over paperwork including music selection. She had great ideas and I thought we worked very well together. On the day of the wedding, I was so busy that I didn't get to speak with her at all before the ceremony started and very little during the reception, but they did an outstanding job. Their set up is very nice and unintrusive, sounds great, they present themselves in a very professional manner (and have fun too!) and we just could not have been happier with them. Our custom GOBO turned out adorable and just like what we wanted, and they offer this at a very competitive price compared to other DJ's we researched in the beginning of our planning process. I would recommend them to anyone in need of professional DJ services. You will not be disappointed!

DJ Madam 10-11-14

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Maddison B

Kat and her partner were so professional. They did an excellent job keeping people dancing, listening to requests, I could not have had a better DJ. And her pricing is very reasonable compared to other DJs. If you are looking for a DJ who is on top of everything and takes stress... Read More off of your wedding day by running things perfectly, I'd recommend Madam DJ. Everyone loved her.

Kat is the greatest

Reviewed on 12/19/2011 chris w

As Father of the bride I needed to learn how to dance. I have two left feet and dancing is way out of my comfort zone. Kat was able to teach me how to perform the waltz and the father daughter dance was so special because of it. Kat made me feel very comfortable and found a... Read More training location that was perfect. I am thankful to her forever and now have no problem getting out on the floor. I just wanted her to teach me one 3 minute set of steps but instead it changed my entire outlook. She is a beautiful person to be around and i highly recommend her.

Review for Mactrax DJ

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Irene V

Kat - co owner was very nice to work with;Sal - other co owner who Dj'd the event was poor. We selected music however instead of mixing the music up they would play 3 songs in a row (in more than one occasion) of the same artist. Then 2x started a song and stopped it because... Read More they messed up. And NEVER tried to get the crowd involved

2011-12-13T23:09:04 Response from the vendor

I apologize for not having a quick response but I did not realize this review page existed until today. I will address the issues one by one for the review written above. The music chosen by the client was in a specific order that did... Read Less Read More