Timeless Natural Lifestyle Wedding Photography

Madrigal Films is a Brooklyn based award winning boutique photography studio created by couple Joe Weber & Danielle Terenzio. Our documentary & photo-journalistic approach allows us to capture natural moments with an editorial style. Our photos tell a unique story that elegantly captures the sense of love and fun of your day. We document real emotions and authentic moments. The result is work that is both timeless and meaningful. We feel lucky, humbled, & honored to have photographed weddings both at home in NYC and all over the world. We often shoot weddings in NYC, Upstate New York, Catskills, Finger Lakes, Long Island, & The Hamptons. We'd love to meet for coffee or wine (or Facetime) & discuss the vision of your day.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Day After Session, Engagement

Online Proofing, Photo + Video

New York, New Jersey, NYC (646) 460-1370

Reviewed on 12/19/2016

I am not one of these people who dreamed about every detail of their wedding from the time of puberty. I knew I wanted great pictures, but I didn't really have interest in directing that process. Which is weird cause I'm also judgmental and have good taste. I just wanted to find... Read More a photographer who knew what they were doing and made my life easy. Enter Joe and Danielle! From the beginning of the process to delivering us our photos, they were amazing to work with. I was SO overwhelmed day of, and I really found myself not wanting to interact with anyone during my makeup and hair and just be silent and quiet, and they were so respectful and perfect about it. During the first looks and family pics, they made sure we got the pictures we needed, despite it being 30 degrees out- and afterwards at the ceremony and reception, I barely noticed their presence. I had no idea what to expect, what footage were they getting? I didn't even register them as there until they said goodbye to us at the end! I JUST GOT MY PICS AND THEY ARE INSANE!!!!! Like you guys, they are insane. So good. First of all, the lighting and color and composition are so ON POINT. Okay so that stuff, the fundamentals are completely amazing, beautiful and professional. Now on to the SECOND layer, which is the stuff I don't know you can really "teach" someone: the pictures from start to finish tell the story of our wedding! I have some of the best pictures I have ever seen of my parents, of my friends, of my husbands parents and friends. They captured so many moments that I wasn't able to remember or take in on the day. I remember during the day just wishing everything would stand still so that I could process and keep these little moments. And of course being human and being in the middle of a huge party, I couldn't. But the pictures did. They really really did. I know this is super long, but I honestly am so grateful to Joe and Danielle for what they were able to do, which is capture my wedding. Truly CAPTURE the moments, and make it look absolutely beautiful. I would recommend them to anyone, anywhere. :)

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Katie C

We had Madrigal Films photograph both our engagement party and our wedding day and they exceeded all of our expectations, delivering absolutely stunning photographs of memories we'll cherish forever. First, Danielle and Jarreau are such a pleasure to work with - they were quick... Read More to answer emails and questions, easily dealt with difficult relatives and most of all added energy and fun to our big day. We seriously enjoyed having them at our wedding. Second, the photographs, just... wow! During the day of both our engagement party and wedding both Danielle and Jarreau blended in so well to the party and we didn't even notice they were taking photographs at certain points - something so important to me because they provided tons of beautiful candid shots of the evening. When we received our photos we were blown away by how this team was able to capture our personalities and the vibe of the party perfectly. I would give them 5 more stars in this review if that was possible. We highly recommend Madrigal Films for engagements, weddings and parties.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Ashley S

I cannot say enough nice things regarding our new friends at Madrigal Films. We found them online and fell in love with the way that they incorporated the use of light in their pictures in a way that we hadn't seen other photographers use. Their pictures had an ethereal way... Read More about them, and we had no doubt in our minds that they would capture our vision better than any other photographer would. We were right. From the very beginning Joe and Danielle were pleasant, professional, and accommodating. They inquired as to our required photos, and explained their methods to us. We had phone meetings, filled out questionnaires, and they were happy to answer any questions we had. On the day of, we were so happy that they both came so that we were able to see both of us getting ready on our wedding day. Some of the most precious pictures were captured in the quiet moments before the tuxes and dresses even came on. Joe and Danielle were all over our day without being intrusive or blocking our guests from seeing us. We even got compliments from our guests saying how sweet they were. A big plus for us, was that we put the request in that we would not miss our cocktail hour, and please get the portrait pics done in a half hour so that our bridal party could enjoy the cocktail hour too (something that many times the bridal party misses.) Not only did they comply with our request, but the pictures that came out were stunning and we didn't even feel rushed. The pictures that we received... were just beyond what we hoped for. They captured our best selves. They say that you pay for what you receive and I believe that in this case it is not true. For what we paid these amazing people- i truly believe we got the better end of the deal. The quality of the pictures exceed far beyond what we paid for them. They were flawless and I had my mouth open with tears in my eyes looking at every picture. They captured our story, our feelings, and our love. We recommend Madrigal Films to everyone we speak to when asking about photography. They are above and beyond -and we will always be grateful for their kindness, professionalism , and their artistic talent. Thank you, and we love you Madrigal Films Photography! -Ashley and Daniel Ardalan (Wedding Day August 20, 2016).

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Ariel G

We cannot recommend Jarreau and Danielle highly enough. They were absolutely amazing. We searched high and low for photographers who could capture our wedding both candidly and professionally and that is exactly what we received with them! In addition to that they were... Read More incredibly fun to work with and willing to go off-roading (literally) to get some great shots. Lastly they were great at coaching people who aren't photographed often which helped us relax and be confident that the shoot was going well. They were the best!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Jordyn R

Joe and Danielle at Madrigal Films Photography captured our wedding in May 2017. They did an amazing job! We are beyond pleased with the final photos they delivered to us. We planned a NY wedding from FL so we were not able to do an engagement photo shoot with them, however,... Read More they were so easy to work with that it felt like we had worked with them before. Both Joe and Danielle were very professional and easy to work with leading up to and on the day of the wedding.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Carey B

I cannot recommend Jarreau and Danielle (Madrigal Films) highly enough. First, they were in constant contact and available to answer any questions we had leading up to the day. Second, they drove from Brooklyn to Lake George (about 4 hours) at no extra cost to shoot the... Read More day-of and were still on-time and ready to go. Third, (but likely most important) the photos are amazing. They specialize in documentary style photography, and excel at it. They blended into the background seamlessly, never disrupting the guests' good time and still got fantastic shots. Fourth, we opted to have them put together a physical album for us in addition to all of the digital prints, and the album is great. Its beautifully put together and very sturdy. I can already tell that we'll be pulling it out decades from now to look at the photos for the millionth time. In short, book these guys now. They're worth every penny, and you will not regret it.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Zach F

We felt so luck to find Joe and Danielle during our search for a photographer for our upstate wedding. They are both super easy going people and were fun to have around on our wedding day. They drove 4 hours from Brooklyn to our wedding in the Catskills, photographed our wedding... Read More for 8 hours, then drove back home — that is dedication folks. We received our photos a few weeks after the wedding and could not believe the moments they captured. My wife and I literally cannot wait to print all these photos and they are all going up on Facebook as we speak.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Sarah S

Danielle and Joe are truly amazing! They shot our engagement photo session in busy downtown Saratoga Springs, NY. After searching through nearly a dozen photographer wedding pages on the Knot, I knew immediately that I wanted this team to shoot our photos after just glancing... Read More through a few pieces of their work. Their work is not the generic, posey, disingenuous, low quality engagement and wedding photos that we have all seen too many times. Danielle and Joe made the session extremely easy and carefree. I was absolutely stunned when I received our photo's from them a couple weeks later! The photos were timeless, high quality, sincere, candid and original. I would highly recommend Danielle and Joe to everyone!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Clare T

Danielle and Jarreau are the perfect pair to photograph (of film) your celebration. Our photos turned out amazing. We were lucky to book them for both our engagement and wedding photos. The candid shots really captured individual moments and we couldn't be more impressed.... Read More It's nice to have the perspective of both a male and female photographer and it worked out well for the "getting ready" shots. The price is also super reasonable for wedding photographers! One of our engagement photos actually made it to Time Out- New York, so that was exciting! We are picture 13 in the link below. https://www.timeout.com/newyork/sex-and-dating/most-romantic-nyc-engagement-spots

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kelly H

I just received our online wedding gallery and am absolutely in love with the photos. I’m such a sap but I literally started tearing up going through the album. Danielle and Joe have such a unique and creative eye that went above and beyond our expectations. You would be lucky... Read More to have these two photograph your wedding.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Laura S

My fiance & I did our engagement photos with Danielle & she was wonderful. She gave great direction, without making us feel like she was all up in our face taking pictures. We were able to remain comfortable & natural & I absolutely love the way the pictures came out. I... Read More highly recommend Madrigal Films to everybody!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Marlaina M

Danielle and Joe were some of the most amazing people I've had the pleasure of working with. My husband and I live in Palm Beach Florida, but decided to get married in the Catskills mountains of New York. Not only did they keep in constant contact with me through out planning... Read More but they took time out of their vacation in Florida to meet up with me and get to know each other! On the day of they were amazing. My husband said Joe made him feel so comfortable and kept him calm before the ceremony. As for the pictures.... they were beyond my expectations. I love love love them! Danielle and Joe captured every moment of my wedding day and when I look through them I relive the best day of my life. I have had so many people tell me they are bridal magazine worthy, and I completely agree. If I could recommend Madrigal Films to every couple getting married I would, and since they travel to Florida often I will absolutely be recommending them to my friends planning their own wedding!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Olivia W

I just had my engagement photos shot by Madrigal Film and I couldn't be happier! Danielle makes you feel totally comfortable and gives just the right amount of direction while still letting the moments feel natural and not posed. I usually really dislike having my picture taken... Read More but this was so fun the time flew by and the photos reflect that. They are beautiful! I'm very excited to have Madrigal Film shoot my wedding as well.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Lucie R

My husband and I are huge fans of Jarreau & Danielle! They were a pleasure to work with before and during our wedding, and we'd recommend them highly. They have tons of experience with photography and with weddings, and in the planning conversations we had they were able to... Read More provide helpful suggestions relating not only to the wedding photography but also to the wedding itself. They were very easy to communicate with, and had us both feeling completely relaxed on the day. Not to mention, the photos are fabulous! Their documentary-style photography resulted in a full recreation of the atmosphere of the wedding, and I know we'll love looking back on our photos for years to come. Thanks, Madrigal Films!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

Danielle & Joe rock! They were both so down to earth before and during our wedding. My fiancé and I were a bit stressed with planning but their tips and expertise was invaluable. I always felt like we were in amazing hands. Our photos came out gorgeous and the moments they... Read More captured totally blew us away.

Reviewed on 7/26/2016

Jarreau & Danielle arrived early on our wedding day and were amazing to work with. They were totally professional, got every shot we wanted, and then some. We received our images about 7 weeks later online and then the next week they sent a sweet hand written card, a usb with... Read More all the images, and a gift box with a few small prints : ) We were able to choose our images for the album online, it was super easy. I really wish I could share a photo of how amazing the album looks, it is so stunning I had tears going through it. Thank you both for capturing such breathtaking memories!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Liz F

Danielle and Jarreau were amazing! I called them my wedding ninja team, which is what you really need. They were around the whole time until the very ending taking photos. In the moment you have no idea what is going on in the madness of the wedding. Once you see the photos... Read More after everything you realize it takes a true photographer to have those types of visions. They even woke up with me early the next morning to take photos of just me and my new husband, since we were so busy during the day of. I am so glad I asked them to do my photos because I don’t think anyone else could have done such a good job capturing the little moments. Also the ones we took the next day look like they belong in a magazine; I still can’t believe that is us. WONDERFUL !!!!

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

We highly recommend this amazing duo! Super professional, personable. They put us at ease from the beginning and made it so easy to take natural shots. We felt like we were hanging out with friends who just happened to be taking our photos,m. We received an online gallery... Read More quickly that was password protected and easy to share with others. They are gave us some great prints and a few Polaroids that they took of us! We would happily work with them again and recommend them to everyone!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016 Rich M

Jarreau & Danielle of Madrigal Films are rock stars! I scoured the web looking to find a photographer who would be the perfect fit for our style and wedding. I really liked Madrigal Films’ style and after I reached out to them I knew right away they had to shoot our wedding. I... Read More sent an email and within a few hours Jarreau reached out with a personal email & their prices. He seemed to get our style right away from the first email which was refreshing after getting more than a few auto-responses from other photogs. We live upstate so we set up a Skype for the next day which was awesome because we really wanted to meet our photographer before our wedding. Jarreau immediately put us at ease which is such a good feeling when dealing with the never ending stress of putting a wedding together. He listened to exactly what we were going for, gave us some great tips for our outdoor summer wedding, and told us how he would document the day. We choose their middle collection which came with a gorgeous album and since we booked them right away we got a complimentary engagement session. The engagement session was really nice to have before the wedding. Unless you are an actor or professional model, getting professionally photographed can be pretty awkward but Jarreau & Danielle immediately put us at ease and made the process fun. After receiving our engagement photos we are beyond excited for them to photograph our wedding.

Photo Pros!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

Madrigal Films are the real deal, they are pros and trust me you want pros photographing your wedding. They came pretty highly recommended from a friend and after meeting them and looking at their work it was an easy decision. We planned for an outdoor farm style wedding and the... Read More weather was looking perfect pretty much up until a day before the wedding, but of course it rained. The whole day was actually like a series of misfortunate events: bridal party arrived late, wind blew a small tent over, etc. Through out all of the mayhem, Jarreau & Danielle were calm and assured us these sort of things happen all the time and told us not to worry they would still get awesome images. They were such a calming force when things got nutty, it felt good just having them around. Our photos came out gorgeous and I had no doubt they would. Our wedding was full of craziness, fun, and love, we feel lucky Jarreau & Danielle were there to capture it.

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Yun

My now-wife and I began our photographer search with admittedly some trepidation. The majority of the city options we saw online fall firmly into the categories of either being 1) compositionally amateurish, indistinguishable from iPhone pictures 2) tonally insincere, as what... Read More one would see in stock photos where the couples are visibly feigning their personalties and 3) exorbitantly priced. Finding Danielle and Jarreau was immediately like a breathe of fresh air. Their portfolio resembles the notebook of one of those seasoned, old-world documentarian, whose primary interest in the "human subject" allows them to bring out the genuine humanities in the individuals themselves. We look forward to the day when we can tell others that our wedding was shot by two of the iconic photographers of our time.

2015-09-29T13:40:26 Response from the vendor

Yun, thank you so much for the kind words! Danielle & I were honored to spend the day with you both and document your celebration. It felt like we were exploring the city with old friends!

Stunning photography that perfectly captured every moment !

Reviewed on 8/04/2015

We were so happy to have Madrigal Films document our wedding day - our ceremony was at City Hall in NYC, followed by an evening dinner reception. Danielle and Jarreau were extremely professional and friendly - we had extensive pre-wedding discussions about the day's schedule,... Read More and they even scouted locations around our venue to ensure that we had a variety of city/garden backdrops. Although our wedding day was very busy, they made us feel extremely relaxed amongst the chaos. The collection of photos turned out beautiful and was exactly what we had envisioned!

Amazing and Talented Photographer

Reviewed on 7/22/2015

I loved my wedding photographer Danielle. She was an absolute pleasure to work with! I cannot say enough about how beautifully she captured my wedding day and my rehearsal dinner. She was so helpful to me in figuring out the type of memories I wanted captured and was so... Read More professional in dealing with our large families and getting all the family portraits that were important to us. She has an amazing eye, is calm and focused and put us at ease. She has an amazing attention to detail. I was so blown away by the final product and all she was able to capture. She got so many shots I didn't even realize at the time. It was great to be able to go back and relive the day. She was always available when I wanted to speak and made me feel like the only bride she was working with. I received great service before, during and after my wedding. She got me my photos quickly as well. I would highly recommend Danielle.

Wedding pictures

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

Working with Madrigal films was a great experience. Danielle and Jarreau are the friendliest people you can ever work with. having them at my wedding was so much fun and felt as if they where a part of my family, they did not feels like some random photographer we hired just... Read More to take pictures. apart from their great personalities Their aesthetic and photography speaks for itself and made my small budget wedding look like a million bucks. their attention to detail was very good at capturing intimate real moments at our wedding which we love much better than the traditional posed ones down to the decor my husband and spend so much time D.I.Y-ing. I could not have asked for better photos.

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

I had such an awesome experience working with Jarreau & Danielle! They photographed my wedding in Long Island last year. With all the stress of planning a wedding it was nice meeting people that were so down to earth. Before the wedding, Jarreau & Danielle walked us through the... Read More day and what to expect which definitely helped when we were cementing our timeline with our other vendors. We love fun documentary style photography but we also wanted a few classic style shots which Jarreau & Danielle nailed! The images they gave us totally exceeded our expectations, I loved seeing all of the moments with family & friends I missed during day. If you are looking for amazing wedding photography and awesome people to work with then book Madrigal Films!

Danielle & Jarreau

Danielle and Jarreau have been a couple for 6 years and have been photographing together for 5. Photography is our passion and we feel honored and humbled every time we have the opportunity to document a wedding. We love to travel and have been lucky enough to work all over the world. We also love good food, wine, exploring the city, and spending time with family and friends. Danielle is a graduate of the photography program at FIT and Jarreau is a graduate of the film program at University of Buffalo. We live in Brooklyn.