Nebraska Wedding Photographer

Meghan is a southern-raised wedding photographer who is now rooted in rural Nebraska with her farmer husband and four littles. “My work is inspired by the 1950′s analog photography. The images back then were raw and so beautiful. They were true moments frozen in time. I would say my biggest influencer is Bob Willoughby who is best known for his images captured on the sets of old hollywood films. Anytime I am feeling uninspired, all I have to do is go through his images. It has always been my goal to bring back that emotion to wedding photography which is why I shoot both digital and analog photography. There is just nothing like it.” -Meghan

Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Abby B

Mae was FABULOUS to work with! I fell in love with her photos from shopping around for photogs online. She definitely prefers to do more candid photos, which was what we wanted (but she also took amazing family portraits). Mae (and her second shooter) blended into the... Read More background...so many people commented "I didn't even realize she was there!" I love her "calm yet directive" style (I didn't want to have to think about what photos I wanted, and she took care of everything from how to "be", as well as where the photos would be taken (we were in an interesting venue, the Mastercraft in Omaha, with some awesome photo ops!) Mae also did our engagement photos (in Fullerton where she lives), and we had some really interesting/unique outdoor photos. We wanted a contrast between casual/outdoor summer engagement photos and festive/fancy winter wedding photos, and she was able to capture both quite well! Mae shoots lots of weddings, so she definitely has a quick eye for what she's doing (no matter where she is). For the bride/couple who wants to allow the photographer to be in the driver's seat, Mae is the way to go! Also, she's doing our photo album (which was included in the package we purchased, as was the engagement session), and she allowed us to select which photos we wanted (something I DID want to have input on). In short: Mae is competitively priced and delivers a lot of bang for your buck!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Sami S

Meghan is incredible. Not only is her caliber of work fantastic and creative, but she is calm and collected––just what we needed on our wedding day. I didn't worry about a single thing. She knew exactly what shots she needed and was so prepared. After your formal pictures with... Read More immediate family, many of your guests will start to drag your around and ask for lots of pictures without realizing how tired you are of "saying cheese." Meghan recognized this in us and swooped in to distract them with more candid shots so we could go back to enjoying the food and dance. We just enjoyed the day while she captured every special moment. If you want to work with a photographer who is exceptionally talented, flexible, fun, and an absolute pro, work with Meghan!

Wedding Photography that will blow you away!

Reviewed on 12/31/2014

Meghan is a wonderful photographer who will make you feel so beautiful on your wedding day! She really knows how to capture the best moments with not just formal shots, but her candid more fun shots are amazing! On our wedding day, it was snowing and what more could we ask for... Read More than to mix the beauty of snow with such an awesome photographer. Meghan braved the weather to help us capture our wedding day and made even the most unexpected places, seem like a winter wonderland. I would recommend Meghan to any bride. She will not disappoint!! Also the pictures were at our door step within 2 weeks! She is just simply amazing!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Alonna G

Meghan did a great job capturing beautiful candid moments and made a point to get all of the traditional photos we wanted. I can truly say we got all of the moments and photos with people that we wanted! Photography was one of the most important things to us for our big day so... Read More we decided it was worth booking the best! We are so glad we did as we have so many memories captured in a beautiful and unique way. Thank you Meghan!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Liz C

We couldn't have asked for a better photography experience! Meghan was very organized and made us feel very comfortable throughout the whole day. She captured so many great moments of the wedding day that we can always look back on. She's the best!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Kelly T

Meghan is an amazing photographer! She was very organized on our wedding day, and kept us on a good schedule so we had enough time for all of our pictures and were where we needed to be. I love her excitement for new adventures, and we enjoyed working with her and seeing the... Read More beautiful pictures that she takes.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Logan H

My wedding photos turned out absolutely beautiful! 6 months later, I still awe over them. I couldn't believe how many great photos she captured of my husband and I! Our engagement session also went fabulously! I felt like I frustrated her by having a separate company do... Read More videography, but that was just my wish for my wedding. Overall, our personalities might not have meshed the greatest, but I have beautiful pictures thanks to her amazing work.

2017-06-26T08:05:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so sad to hear how you didn't feel like a favorite. All my clients are so special to me and I'd never want that for anyone. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Raegan N

We loved her ❤️

Reviewed on 10/19/2016

The best of the best! Not only does Mae take amazing pictures, but she is professional and timely. From our very first meeting she made us feel extremely comfortable and relaxed. Everyone involved in our wedding raved about how great she was and we even joke that she is now a... Read More part of our family :) Highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Britney T

Meghan & team were amazing on our big day! They were at the church when the bridal party arrived and ready to go as soon as we got ready! They took so many perfect photos and caught so much detail. Exactly why I hired her and why I'd recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Samantha V

Mae is the best. We heard from her from a friend who got married 2 years ago and we love her! She is so sweet, patient and she truly loves her clients. She does everything she can to make sure they are happy and she is so quick to respond to you with any questions or... Read More anything. We highly recommend her!

2016-05-13T09:22:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was such a joy working with you!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Sarah C

Meghan is the sweetest most thoughtful person, who truly puts her heart and soul into everything that she does. We had such a wonderful experience with her, and hiring her to photograph our New Year's Eve wedding was hands down the best decision that we made. The pictures were... Read More absolutely amazing and creative, there are so many that we are in love with! She even put together an eloquent written recap of the entire day with some of her pictures, and I got a little teary when I read it. Megan not only provided top notch photography, but she was also extremely professional and kept everything on schedule and moving along throughout the day. My husband and I really clicked with Meghan, and her genuine bubbly personality totally added to our wonderful day. I would HIGHLY recommend the lovely Meghan at Mae Small Photography to anyone in the market for a wedding photographer, you will absolutely love her!

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Courtney W

We loved working with Meghan for our engagement and wedding photos. She provided us with so many beautiful shots and quickly! She also put together a lovely video of our wedding day. Highly recommended!

Mae Small is the way to go!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Chelsea J

I could not be happier with our choice to use Mae Small Photography. We selected the silver package and I took boudoir photos as well. Taking boudoir photos was so fun and Meghan made me feel super comfortable and we just had alot of fun and the pictures turned out fantastic... Read More and he LOVED them! Meghan did a great job at the wedding as well. She got so many great shots. Looking back I wish we got more shots of just me and of just me and Jacob, but other than that I have absolutely no complaints! I would 100% recommend Mae Small to everyone! Her prices are very reasonable and she has good turn around time in getting you the photos and giving you sneak peaks on facebook.

So in love with our pictures!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

We loved working with Meghan! She communicated with us so well and made us feel very relaxed and excited for our pictures. It was tricky since we live out of state but she was flexible and willing to work around our schedule to get engagement pictures done. We also appreciated... Read More that she doesn't have time restraints and was willing to stay late until the last picture was captured at our wedding! We loved her work and would definitely recommend her for weddings!

"Small" Town Wedding Photography ;)

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Seth B

Mae Small Photography was an excellent choice as our wedding photographer for our small town wedding in Central NE. Meghan is professional, personable, easy to contact, and incredibly artistically talented. She finds beauty in everything and definitely conveys that through her... Read More pictures. On our wedding day, she was organized and kept things moving without being pushy. She definitely respected our wishes and listened whenever we had ideas, but had plenty of her own to make things go quickly. High, high recommendation. Excellent value for a photographer.

Wedding photographer

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Wendy N

Meghan did such wonderful work on both our wedding and engagement photos. She did a great job capturing both our personalities through each picture, and she ventured out in a 17 degree snow storm just to make our photos unique, AND FABULOUS. She is the kind of person that would... Read More do anything to make sure your day is perfect and she has the best bubbly personality! She was comfortable to be around which made it easy and more natural in the pictures, which I loved. I 100% recommend her to any engaged couple.

Great service

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

Mae Small did such a beautiful job on our engagement and wedding photos! Her attitude and ideas were great and she was so quick to get me my copy of the photos in such a timely manner! GREAT service! :)

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

Words can’t fully describe how thrilled Rusty and I are with all of our Wedding photos! I find myself looking at the pictures daily. Meghan is absolutely amazing to work with - I am so lucky to have found her. Meghan is truly so talented and did an amazing job of capturing the... Read More weekend. Thank you again for capturing this special moment in our lives! I will definitely be recommending Meghan to all of our friends and family, should and when they need a photographer.

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Sarah Q

Choosing Mae Small Photography was 100% one of the best decisions I made in planning my wedding day! My first impression of Meghan (at my brother's wedding) was that she was personal and professional. Also, Meghan is a master at weaving the posed and candid shots; she is an... Read More artist at capturing moments(!) and I LOVE the feel/style of the photos she takes...I call it soft and romantic. On a personal level, Meghan is an absolute sweetheart and it was a joy to have her as an integral part of my best day ever! I recommend her to all my engaged friends!

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2014

Meghan is absolutey amazing. I can't say enough good things about her! Her packages are extremely reasonable. She is organized, efficient, and takes the most beautiful shots. No matter what package you choose, you get full wedding-day coverage and an engagement shoot. She is... Read More also flexible-- we had to re-schedule our engagement shoot and she was wonderful about it. Meghan is also super kind and outgoing. She makes you feel at ease on your wedding day! I would also highly recommend the video option! You get a small video story about the day. It is a great deal considering some videographers charge thousands. It is something we will cherish forever!

Amazing Pictures!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014

Meghan was such a pleasure to work with! She is very experienced and good at her job! She was very professional! She told you exactly where she wanted to get the shots and they all turned out amazing! I couldn't be happier with my wedding photos and will enjoy them for many... Read More years to come!

Meghan is simply divine

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Tessa n

I met meghan in the summer of 2013 and was in 'ah'. She is so passionate about her career and will make you feel beautiful and important. What meghan did for our wedding i will never have words to thank her. She was amazing at capturing every little detail. Even my husband was... Read More so so so happy with her work. I would recommend meghan to everyone who is looking for an awesome person and an amazing photographer.

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Miranda S

We had Mae.Small Photography photograph our wedding and she did an amazing job! I wasn't from the town we got married in and she had some really great locations to take pictures. She did a wonderful job of working with what I wanted (I wanted to do pictures after the ceremony so... Read More my husband wouldn't see me before) and got everything done just as I had pictured it. The whole day was perfect. She had our disc of pictures to us super quick and she was really affordable! I wouldn't hesitate to use her again!

Highest reviews!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Heather C

We absolutely loved Meghan! She was fun, energetic, and organized. From engagement pictures through the whole wedding day she kept everyone organized and took unique, beautiful pictures! She caught every moment of our day from the emotions to the excitement. I highly... Read More recommend the video also! We have recommended her too all of our family and friends!!! I could not have pictured our wedding day with out her! Thank you Meghan! Heather Valasek

Meghan Small