It's your day!

Your wedding day is your day and we will make sure you look great! Airbrush or classic makeup - you choose. Alina is an experienced makeup artist in the wedding industry and she will make sure you feel and look amazing on one of the most special days of your life. Hair and makeup services available.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

McLean, VA VA/MD/DC on-site (202) 257-2447

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Vicky T

Alina worked magic with my hair and makeup! I’m not one to wear a lot of makeup and, prior to this, had never before had an up-do, so I was nervous. However, Alina listened closely to what it was I wanted, and surpassed my wildest dreams! She arrived early, worked efficiently,... Read More and delivered magical looks for my mother, MOH and myself. My hair withstood the hottest day of the year (96 degrees – felt like 102), high winds during our ceremony, and hours of wild dancing on my part. I got home, thinking my hair would have fallen out, but it looked just as good as it had when I left my home hours earlier – this goes for my makeup as well. I recommend Alina wholeheartedly, and without reservation. Alina – THANK YOU for having created that extra touch of magic and romance that made my day so very special. <3

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Renuka D

I was so happy to find Alina to do our make up. I procrastinated choosing a make up artist until the last minute and so in a interest of time in those last few hectic weeks before the wedding I decided to forgo a trial. I so much appreciated not getting pressured by her to get... Read More overly caught up in the wedding hype. I picked Alina based on the photos online which showed Asian women looking very natural. I felt that many of the other artists I looked at just really weren't able to get the coloring right. Alina made me feel comfortable right away and was able to create the image of what I wanted right away. She did a stunning job on both of my sisters as well. I loved that her make up looked natural and polished

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alexandra L

Alina Karaman did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup and my bridesmaids' hair and makeup. I was very pleased with the hair and makeup trial I did with her. She listened to what I was looking for, and came up with a beautiful style for my hair and makeup that made my face... Read More glow. On the wedding day, my bridesmaids had general ideas of what they wanted for their hair and makeup. Alina and her terrific assistants styled them to look their best. My bridesmaids were thrilled with how they looked, and with Alina and her assistants for their service. My bridesmaids all said they had never had better or hair or makeup done, and I agree! Our hair and makeup stayed perfect throughout the ceremony and reception. We all got rather sweaty taking photographs outside before the wedding (it was in the 90s), but our hair and makeup held up perfectly. One of my bridesmaids has allergy issues, and Alina was able to use makeup that would not trigger any allergies. Another bridesmaid doesn't wear much makeup and wanted a very natural style. Alina used minimal makeup to make her look amazing. Alina and her assistants were very efficient and finished early, which allowed me and my bridesmaids more time to relax and get ready. Alina and her assistants were all super friendly and relaxed - perfect attitudes for a stressful wedding day. I highly recommend Alina!

2016-10-30T20:29:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Alexandra, for your kind words! I am very happy we were a part of your day! Everyone were wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lauren V

Alina Karaman and her hair stylists proved to be an amazing choice to do the hair styling for myself (the Bride), all of my bridesmaids and the mother of the bride and mother of the groom! Alina was very flexible with my in scheduling my hair trial and even after our trial, when... Read More I decided I wanted something different closer to the wedding day, she was able to do exactly what I wanted and more! We were also running a little behind the getting ready schedule, which was my fault, but Alina was calm and collected and did my hair in 40 minutes and it looked amazing!! In fact both she and the other stylist were very quick with all of the hair styling and each of my bridesmaids and both of the Moms loved their up-dos and blow-outs! They specialize in wedding hair and came to our bridal suite at the Hotel Monaco, which made our experience really fun and easy!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Debbie B

Alina was a pleasure to work with from initial contact through the wedding day. She was incredibly responsive, which I appreciated trying to plan from 3000 miles away. When I waffled on scheduling for the big day, she was as flexible as she could be and used her experience to... Read More help me structure the day. As someone with crazy curly hair, I was nervous about how it would do outdoors in DC (you never know with the humidity). I loved how Alina used my natural curl to style my hair and set it in such a way that the weather had no impact. My makeup was exactly what I asked for – not too heavy, enhancement of my natural features, no crazy colors – and stayed on for the entire day. I highly recommend Alina to anyone looking for hair and makeup.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Eleni K

I absolutely loved Alina! She is down-to-earth and fun to talk to, and she and her associates have a great sense of aesthetic style that showed through the hair and makeup they did on me and my bridesmaids. I highly recommend her services!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Joanie F

Alina and her makeup team were amazing!! They did airbrush makeup and hair for myself as the bride and my 4 ladies (bridesmaids and moms) everyone looked beautiful and was beyond happy with their hair and makeup! Thank you so much Alina!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

I was very pleased with how professional and quick to response Alina was. My bridal make up was perfect for my wedding day, she made me feel very beautiful! Thank you Alina!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Charlene C

I booked Alina for hair and makeup for myself, my two bridesmaids, and my mom. It was really easy to communicate with her and she answered all of my questions and concerns. She also was very professional, she and the second stylist (Mandy) showed up on time and we were all ready... Read More on schedule. There was a LOT going on that morning (it started raining, my mom's dress broke, my hair extensions broke, my veil didn't have a comb) but Alina handled everything and made sure I looked gorgeous. She airbrushed my makeup and it did not budge despite the July humidity and some rain. Thank you Alina! Tip - have everyone bring their own lipstick so that you can reapply the same shade throughout the day.

2016-08-08T21:08:36 Response from the vendor

Charlene, thank you for a great review! Yes, it was quite a day, I'm glad we powered it through together with you and everything turned out to be great!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Patricia T

I cannot express how happy I am with Alina. She did my hair and make up for my wedding. She also did beautiful job on my sister-in-law's make up. She works with individual brides as well as bridal parties. She is incredibly responsive, skilled, and personable. She is able to... Read More do incredible hair dos with any length and texture of hair and her make up skills are impeccable.

2016-06-07T20:29:18 Response from the vendor

Patricia, thank you for being kind and leaving great feedback! It was a pleasure to be the part of your day, I'm glad everything went well, taking into consideration Memorial Day activities!

Reviewed on 4/29/2016 Amy L

Alina and her team were excellent. I contacted Alina probably around the September prior to my April wedding and had my trial in February. I was so impressed with my trial run that I did not hesitate at all to recommend her to one of my co-workers for her wedding. On the day... Read More of the wedding, they arrived on time and were excellent at managing their time while being very flexible with what each of my bridesmaids wanted/needed. Alina and her team helped make the getting ready part of the day essentially stress-free. The hair and makeup turned out gorgeous for everyone and lasted through a 10 hour ceremony/reception and 50mph gusts of wind! I would book Alina again for any major event and would give my strongest recommendations for any bride!

2016-06-07T20:33:06 Response from the vendor

Amy, thanks a lot for your review! I'm happy that you loved everything, it was quite a day, snow in April, but you did a great job being cool about it! And it was sunny later after all! Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Anne K

Unfortunately, I am not able to use Alina Karaman's services for my wedding in August, but her customer service and sincere effort/professionalism was so fantastic I felt I had to leave a great review! She already had a wedding scheduled the morning of my wedding day, but... Read More spent time checking and double-checking the schedule to see if/how she could squeeze me and my girls in. She was so helpful in explaining logistics to me, so professional in how she keeps her timelines, and so patient with all of my questions!!! She was honest and so sincerely kind. She really went above and beyond. I'm sad I won't be able to have Alina on my wedding day, but based on my interactions with her and recommendations from friends who have worked with her, anyone would be lucky to have her!

2016-03-30T13:25:46 Response from the vendor

Anne, thank you for a great review even though we are not able to work together! I am always there to respond!

Wedding hair and make up

Reviewed on 12/26/2015 Freddie P

Alina did my and my mother's hair and make up. She was flexible and great at listening to our concerns and needs. My make up and hair looked wonderful, and so did my mother's, throughout the entire night. I learned a few tips with her throughout the session, so it was highly... Read More educational as well! We highly recommend.

Bridal updo and makeup--she is the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Katherine R

Alina did a FANTASTIC job! I actually found her on the Knot. As a bride who typically just wears the same minimal make up to work and only wears about two different hairstyles everyday it was hard for me to explain what I wanted on my wedding day. All I had were a couple of... Read More pictures on Pinterest and Alina was able to magically figure out what would look best on me. I really did not have a complete idea of what I wanted until the day of the wedding, and she was able to do my hair and makeup BEAUTIFULLY. I was unbelievably happy with the result. I also had a long wedding day with a noon ceremony and a party that went really late and my hair and makeup held up through some serious dancing! Another thing you may not realize until your actual wedding day is how important it is to stay on time in the morning and Alina was extremely professional about staying on track so that you and anyone else getting their hair and makeup done will be done on time. I would 100% recommend Alina to you! You will get exactly what you want and look perfect on your wedding day!!!

Makeup Arist

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Anne-Marie R

I had used Alina for a previous wedding that I was in. As soon as I got engaged I emailed Alina to see if she was available for my wedding. Thank goodness for me she was and words cannot express how amazing Alina is. She is a very talented makeup artist and very professional.... Read More She makes you feel stunning on your big day but very natural at the same time. All of my bridesmaids and my mom LOVED her. I would definitely recommend Alina and her assistant Elina for any event!

2015-10-27T15:42:54 Response from the vendor

Anne-Marie, thank you for the great review, it was great to see you again! It is always fun to catch up with everyone we meet at other weddings and see where life takes us! I hope to see you more at your friend's weddings or... Read Less Read More

Great Make-Up!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Samantha R

Alina did a beautiful job on our wedding make-up. She provided make-up services to me and my bridesmaids at our getting-ready location. Alina is very responsive to emails and was happy to answer all of my questions. She is very professional and her contract was very easy to... Read More understand. My trial and wedding day make-up was exactly what I wanted--I looked like myself (but better!). She was very thorough about explaining what type of make-up application would be best for different skin types and each bridesmaid looked beautiful. The day of the wedding, Alina was very easy to work with and stuck to her schedule very well--we were ready right on time. I definitely recommend Alina--she's friendly, professional, and her work is flawless!

Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Colleen M

Alina and her team were amazing to work with! Through the entire process, from my hair and make up trial to the wedding day, Alina was incredibly responsive and understanding with all my head count updates, etc. She's super sweet, easy to talk to and listens to exactly what you... Read More want. I even changed my hair look from an updo at the trial to down on the wedding day and it was no problem and she perfectly captured the look I was going for. I got a million compliments on my hair and make up on my wedding day, and my groom was very impressed that I "still looked like me" (I usually don't wear much make up). Alina and her team arrived early, were incredibly professional and efficient and were finished with time to spare for touch ups! I definitely recommend Alina!

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Alina is a masterful artist! She listened to what I wanted and it came out better than I could have every imagined. The makeup and hair lasted all night. I just got my proofs back and... wow. Just stunning.

Wonderful and Highly Recommend Alina!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Stephanie I

Working with Alina was wonderful! Alina provided wedding hair services for myself, my mother and two bridesmaids and made us each feel special on "the big day". Highly recommend her if you have an upcoming wedding or special occasion.

Alina is fantastic!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Sarah M

Alina did an amazing job on my wedding day makeup! Everything stayed in place for an August wedding and she followed what we discussed in my trial. I would recommend her for any wedding or event for sure!

Alina & her team are awesome!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Helen H

"Alina and her team were excellent! She did a great job on my makeup and it lasted all night. My hair was beautiful as well and stayed put in an up do even with all my dancing. I really enjoyed working with them. She did exactly what I wanted with me not even knowing how to ask.... Read More My bridesmaids were all stunning as well! Thanks so much Alina!" I would defiantly recommend Alina & her team.

Last minute booking to the rescue!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Jessica K

I booked Alina just a few weeks before my wedding date, following a bad trial with another vendor (brides, book your trials early!). She worked hard to find an assistant to help her, so we could have everyone's hair done at the same time (difficult to do at the last minute). She... Read More was flexible about scheduling and came to my house! Both she and and the assistant did a great job on the day of the wedding. I had her do my makeup/my mom's makeup and we both looked wonderful, but not overdone. She also did a great job with everyone's hair, and even did an eyelash application for the bridesmaids who wanted it (at a minimal additional cost). That really helped everyone look fab -- her fake eyelashes are great and not irritating because she applies them in small sections. Lastly, it's difficult to find a makeup artist who is willing to do less than 4 or 5 makeup applications. While Alina did have a total hair/makeup services minimum, it was nice that we didn't have to book an expensive makeup artist just for 2 people!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Alina Karaman is a very talented hair and make-up artist! I had the pleasure of meeting Alina when she did my hair and make-up for our engagement photo shoot, and that turned out great! As for the day of our wedding, Alina and her team perfectly executed our all of our looks.... Read More Everyone looked stunning all the way through the night! I highly recommend Alina Karaman due to her superb customer service and flawless execution. Thanks, Alina!

Happy Briday

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Kelsey D

Alina did my make up for my wedding day September 12,2015. I booked Alina almost a year before our wedding day to ensure that we had a make up artist. Alina was VERY easy to get into contact with and communicate with. I am so happy that I was able to work with her for my special... Read More day. Alina not only worked well with me and my family but the other vendors as well.

2015-09-22T22:02:56 Response from the vendor

Kelsey, thank you for review, I was glad to be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015

Alina was probably one of the brightest stars of my entire wedding planning. She ALWAYS responded to my emails quickly and with a lot of detail. I was even able to ask her questions about how to best prepare my skin in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and she offered great... Read More advice. She was always willing to be very helpful and kind. She's also very funny and I love chatting with her. When you're sitting in a chair, having makeup applied for 30 minutes, she'll come up with great stuff to talk with you about. As for my makeup - it definitely stood the test of time in the hot Virginia summer, which is really amazing. Even by the end of the night, my makeup was working so hard. I felt she did such a great job on me, the moms, and all of my bridesmaids - everyone was wowwed and impressed with her makeup skills. She was also very flexible with what my party wanted in their makeup - heavier, lighter, darker, more natural, etc. If you are looking for a professional, fun, exciting, talented, and outstanding makeup artist for your DC/NoVA/MD wedding, I think that Alina is probably one of the best in the industry, and you'd be very lucky to have her. It's also worth nothing that Alina also works with many artists who do hair, and she brought along 3 girls to do our hair, and each of them did a stunning job as well. Their names were Melissa, Karinda, and Erika, and they were so thoughtful, talented, and wonderful to be around!

Alina Karaman

Alina started doing makeup as a hobby back in college but developed a passion to it, staring working as full time makeup artist in 2009 when she came to US, and added hair services later on. Alina works herself, and for larger weddings has a great team of high quality professionals, best in their art!