It's your day!

Your wedding day is your day and we will make sure you look great! Airbrush or classic makeup - you choose. Alina is an experienced makeup artist in the wedding industry and she will make sure you feel and look amazing on one of the most special days of your life. Hair and makeup services available.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

McLean, VA VA/MD/DC on-site (202) 257-2447

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Vicky T

Alina worked magic with my hair and makeup! I’m not one to wear a lot of makeup and, prior to this, had never before had an up-do, so I was nervous. However, Alina listened closely to what it was I wanted, and surpassed my wildest dreams! She arrived early, worked efficiently,... Read More and delivered magical looks for my mother, MOH and myself. My hair withstood the hottest day of the year (96 degrees – felt like 102), high winds during our ceremony, and hours of wild dancing on my part. I got home, thinking my hair would have fallen out, but it looked just as good as it had when I left my home hours earlier – this goes for my makeup as well. I recommend Alina wholeheartedly, and without reservation. Alina – THANK YOU for having created that extra touch of magic and romance that made my day so very special. <3

2017-12-03T22:02:01 Response from the vendor

Colleen, thank you for this wonderful review! I was happy to work with you and glad everything stayed well!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Beth C

Alina is absolutely amazing. We had a large wedding party and Alina and her team accommodated everyone beautiful. They also were incredibly flexible and every bridesmaid was thrilled with the final result. Alina is a pleasure to work with and made every small change that I... Read More requested between the trial and wedding day! She did everything I asked and my hair and makeup were perfect. I can't say enough about Alina, but she was absolutely amazing and I would recommend her to any brides out there!

2017-06-20T21:56:54 Response from the vendor

Beth, thank you for a wonderful review, we are happy everything went well and smoothly! I was surprised with your organization skills!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Renuka D

I was so happy to find Alina to do our make up. I procrastinated choosing a make up artist until the last minute and so in a interest of time in those last few hectic weeks before the wedding I decided to forgo a trial. I so much appreciated not getting pressured by her to get... Read More overly caught up in the wedding hype. I picked Alina based on the photos online which showed Asian women looking very natural. I felt that many of the other artists I looked at just really weren't able to get the coloring right. Alina made me feel comfortable right away and was able to create the image of what I wanted right away. She did a stunning job on both of my sisters as well. I loved that her make up looked natural and polished

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Hayley W

This review is for bridal makeup trial: I contacted Alina with an extremely short timeline after an unsuccessful trial with another company. Alina answered my email straight away and we worked out a trial time. Before Alina showed up I lost hope in looking good on my wedding... Read More day: all the beautiful bridal pictures online? they're natural beauties, and I can never look like that. Alina showed up on our trial day and we immediately started working together. She took in my preferences for make up: keeping everything natural and fresh, and did a wonderful wonderful job. She used all top quality products, and did not cause any irritation to my super sensitive skin. I am Asian, with hooded eyelids. Alina is the first make up artist I have ever had who customized make up to my facial structure. The eye cream she applied even brought my super puffy allergy eyes down! what more can i say? And hair, I have extremely short hair. Before the trial I even thought about just keeping them as it is. I showed Alina a couple pictures, but not exactly sure whether or not they could be done on my hair. However she went above and beyond. I could not believe that was my own head. Both my make up and hair held up extremely well, and I received tons of compliments. Thank you, Alina, for helping me regaining hope for my wedding day. I cannot wait for my big day :)

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Ashley W

Alina did hair and makeup for me and my mom for my wedding, and she did the most AMAZING job! Before the wedding, Alina came to my home for the hair and makeup trial. After talking with her about my vision and showing her inspiration photos, she created my dream wedding look... Read More which she also replicated for my wedding day! The hair and makeup looked beautiful, was comfortable, and lasted all day. Alina also has a lot of professionalism in that she is very friendly with her clients, is on time, and completes the looks in the time allotted with ease and perfection. Thank you for making me feel so special on my wedding day, Alina!

2017-12-03T22:04:19 Response from the vendor

Ashley, thank you for your great review, I was happy to create the look of your dreams, it was great to be a part of your very special day!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Ann W

Alina did a fantastic job for our daughters wedding! We hired her to do makeup for the bride and MOB. She was very professional, on time, friendly and talented. We provided photos of what we wanted, and she did exactly that. We were both extremely pleased and received many... Read More compliments. Anyone should be pleased to use her services...we would highly recommend her!

2017-11-07T17:33:27 Response from the vendor

Ann, thank you for a great review, I was happy to be a part of your daughter's day, looking forward to see photos of this amazing event!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

I am the mother of the groom and decided to hire Alina Karaman for all the women in the wedding party for makeup and hair. Alina and her staff were prompt, efficient, and gave us all beautiful makeup and hair-doos for the wedding. The bride looked stunning with flawless... Read More airbrushed makeup, a beautiful up-doo that was breathtaking. She looked and most importantly, felt like a princess. Alina and her staff kept to the scheduled timeline and we were right on time for our pictures. I would hire her and her staff again. Thanks for a beautiful wedding doos and makeup Alina!

2017-10-30T21:28:22 Response from the vendor

Norma, thanks a lot for this wonderful review, and for this amazing photo! We loved working with your party and had a great time, thank you for letting us be a part of Kayla's very special day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jess H

I typically do not write reviews (no, seriously, I don't!) but Alina and her team are absolutely fabulous! Alina was nothing but accommodating which took a lot of pressure off with all the other planning I had to tackle for the wedding. Our wedding was DIY so everything from... Read More explaining services, pricing, coordinating the trial and creating a color coded agenda for hair and makeup for 6 people reduced my stress level immensely! Not only was she flexible and organized, she, as well as her team, completed 6 hair and makeup services at a high quality of work. All the ladies that received hair and makeup couldn't stop talking about how fabulous they looked and felt, and the only person that received a trial was me. That says a lot about the experience and knowledge Alina and her team had to make everyone look and feel beautiful on-the-spot (and they work quickly and effeciently!). I can't say enough good things and strongly recommend Alina and her team to any bride exploring hair and makeup services for their bug day!

2017-10-22T18:57:36 Response from the vendor

Jessica, thank you for kind words, we are thrilled you loved everything, I'm happy we were a good help to make your day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Claire L

Alina was very responsive which I really appreciate. She always told me what I needed to know and she listened to me and what I wanted. She made me and my bridesmaids look beautiful on my wedding day. I don't wear a lot of make up and I felt beautiful with what she did and... Read More comfortable. My husband loved it too. She is a great person to work with.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Leigh N

Alina and her team did the hair and makeup for my September wedding. She was extremely kind, responsive, and flexible throughout my wedding planning process. She listened to my preferences during the trial and did a great job with adapting to my tastes. I loved my hair and... Read More makeup on the day of and would recommend her to anyone looking for a hair and makeup stylist at their wedding.

2017-10-16T22:37:02 Response from the vendor

Leigh, thanks a lot for your review! We were happy to be a part of your very special day!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Tess S

My sister's wedding venue and date had to change last minute, and Alina was available and so accommodating dealing with our last minute requests! She made everyone look so beautiful and was a kind and reassuring presence to have around on the day -of the event. The entire bridal... Read More party was so happy with their hair styling. Alina could not have been more professional. She is an excellent hair stylist- I only wish we had opted to have her do our make up too :) Highly recommend Alina for weddings or any events where professional hair and make up are required.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Roushani M

I used Alina for my hair and make up, and she was amazing. She and her colleague arrived on time and set up quickly. Alina started with my family members and friends first, listening to their ideas and creating their looks together. They were all very happy with how their... Read More hair and make up turned out. I had done a makeup trial with Alina a few months before my wedding. Alina remembered what we did for our trial and what changes I wanted to make. I do not do a hair trial (I changed my mind about how I wanted to wear my hair), but after talking to Alina what the look I was going for, she made it happen on the first try. I was so happy with how my makeup and hair turned out – they were natural and effortless-looking. I was really happy with how I looked and would absolutely recommend Alina.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Annie A

Alina and her team is just awesome. I loved my hair and makeup on my wedding day. It was perfect , I got a lot of compliments and didn't look caked, makeup looked natural. I had a mix of south Asian and Western ceremony with no time to change makeup in the middle and it went... Read More great with both the dresses. Her girls were great too, my mother and all the girls were so happy with their hair and makeup. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Erin H

Alina and her team were fantastic! A little on the expensive side, but definitely worth it. My hair and makeup lasted all day and held up really well. Alina and her team arrived on time and kept the hair and makeup line running like clockwork. They finished me, six... Read More bridesmaids, and my mom's hair and makeup right on time and everyone looked great. Alina also listened really carefully when I told her how I wanted to look and feel on my wedding day, and like magic made it happen. I would absolutely recommend Alina to my friends or book her for a special event myself in the future.

2017-06-05T22:42:42 Response from the vendor

Erin, thanks a lot for your wonderful review! We had a blast working with you and meeting your friends! I really enjoyed the DC view from your balcony suite, what a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Kim O

Alina and her assistants were wonderful the day of!!! She also has an awesome personality, which is a great perk! She brought 2 assistants to do hair and makeup for myself and 7 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls. Her work is natural and stunning. We had a few requests for changes... Read More from the bridal party and Alina's team was responsive and respectful in making changes. Alina has high standards and made sure each girl looked good and their makeup/hair would stay. My hair and makeup looked natural not like a helmet, and it stayed through the night. Highly recommend her!!!

2017-05-18T22:04:50 Response from the vendor

Kim, thanks a lot for your kind words! It was wonderful working with you and being the part of your day! Always a pleasure to work with such a positive group!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Nerissa L

Alina is amazing! She did a beautiful job with my hair and makeup and knew exactly what I wanted. She also made my bridesmaids look glamorous. She is so kind and truly an artist. I highly recommend her services.

2017-05-18T22:06:00 Response from the vendor

Nerissa, thank you for your great feedback, I loved working with you, your and mine love for makeup and glam had a great collaboration!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Lindsey M

Alina was AMAZING! I felt like the most beautiful bride in the world, and my bridesmaids were stunning. It rained the entire time during my wedding day, and my makeup and hair lasted through the happy tears and humidity. Cannot recommend enough!!

2017-05-18T22:07:06 Response from the vendor

Lindsey, thanks a lot for a great feedback, I am very happy everything went so great! And thank you for the photos, you look lovely!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alexandra L

Alina Karaman did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup and my bridesmaids' hair and makeup. I was very pleased with the hair and makeup trial I did with her. She listened to what I was looking for, and came up with a beautiful style for my hair and makeup that made my face... Read More glow. On the wedding day, my bridesmaids had general ideas of what they wanted for their hair and makeup. Alina and her terrific assistants styled them to look their best. My bridesmaids were thrilled with how they looked, and with Alina and her assistants for their service. My bridesmaids all said they had never had better or hair or makeup done, and I agree! Our hair and makeup stayed perfect throughout the ceremony and reception. We all got rather sweaty taking photographs outside before the wedding (it was in the 90s), but our hair and makeup held up perfectly. One of my bridesmaids has allergy issues, and Alina was able to use makeup that would not trigger any allergies. Another bridesmaid doesn't wear much makeup and wanted a very natural style. Alina used minimal makeup to make her look amazing. Alina and her assistants were very efficient and finished early, which allowed me and my bridesmaids more time to relax and get ready. Alina and her assistants were all super friendly and relaxed - perfect attitudes for a stressful wedding day. I highly recommend Alina!

2016-10-30T20:29:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Alexandra, for your kind words! I am very happy we were a part of your day! Everyone were wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lauren V

Alina Karaman and her hair stylists proved to be an amazing choice to do the hair styling for myself (the Bride), all of my bridesmaids and the mother of the bride and mother of the groom! Alina was very flexible with my in scheduling my hair trial and even after our trial, when... Read More I decided I wanted something different closer to the wedding day, she was able to do exactly what I wanted and more! We were also running a little behind the getting ready schedule, which was my fault, but Alina was calm and collected and did my hair in 40 minutes and it looked amazing!! In fact both she and the other stylist were very quick with all of the hair styling and each of my bridesmaids and both of the Moms loved their up-dos and blow-outs! They specialize in wedding hair and came to our bridal suite at the Hotel Monaco, which made our experience really fun and easy!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Debbie B

Alina was a pleasure to work with from initial contact through the wedding day. She was incredibly responsive, which I appreciated trying to plan from 3000 miles away. When I waffled on scheduling for the big day, she was as flexible as she could be and used her experience to... Read More help me structure the day. As someone with crazy curly hair, I was nervous about how it would do outdoors in DC (you never know with the humidity). I loved how Alina used my natural curl to style my hair and set it in such a way that the weather had no impact. My makeup was exactly what I asked for – not too heavy, enhancement of my natural features, no crazy colors – and stayed on for the entire day. I highly recommend Alina to anyone looking for hair and makeup.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Eleni K

I absolutely loved Alina! She is down-to-earth and fun to talk to, and she and her associates have a great sense of aesthetic style that showed through the hair and makeup they did on me and my bridesmaids. I highly recommend her services!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Joanie F

Alina and her makeup team were amazing!! They did airbrush makeup and hair for myself as the bride and my 4 ladies (bridesmaids and moms) everyone looked beautiful and was beyond happy with their hair and makeup! Thank you so much Alina!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

I was very pleased with how professional and quick to response Alina was. My bridal make up was perfect for my wedding day, she made me feel very beautiful! Thank you Alina!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Charlene C

I booked Alina for hair and makeup for myself, my two bridesmaids, and my mom. It was really easy to communicate with her and she answered all of my questions and concerns. She also was very professional, she and the second stylist (Mandy) showed up on time and we were all ready... Read More on schedule. There was a LOT going on that morning (it started raining, my mom's dress broke, my hair extensions broke, my veil didn't have a comb) but Alina handled everything and made sure I looked gorgeous. She airbrushed my makeup and it did not budge despite the July humidity and some rain. Thank you Alina! Tip - have everyone bring their own lipstick so that you can reapply the same shade throughout the day.

2016-08-08T21:08:36 Response from the vendor

Charlene, thank you for a great review! Yes, it was quite a day, I'm glad we powered it through together with you and everything turned out to be great!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Patricia T

I cannot express how happy I am with Alina. She did my hair and make up for my wedding. She also did beautiful job on my sister-in-law's make up. She works with individual brides as well as bridal parties. She is incredibly responsive, skilled, and personable. She is able to... Read More do incredible hair dos with any length and texture of hair and her make up skills are impeccable.

2016-06-07T20:29:18 Response from the vendor

Patricia, thank you for being kind and leaving great feedback! It was a pleasure to be the part of your day, I'm glad everything went well, taking into consideration Memorial Day activities!

Alina Karaman

Alina started doing makeup as a hobby back in college but developed a passion to it, staring working as full time makeup artist in 2009 when she came to US, and added hair services later on. Alina works herself, and for larger weddings has a great team of high quality professionals, best in their art!