Makeup Artistry by Denise

Serving throughout New Jersey.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

579 Loxley Drive, Toms River, NJ Serving throughout New Jersey. (732) 300-3880

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Jill C

I am not big on makeup, but I knew when I met Denise that she would do a PERFECT job for my wedding! At my trial, Denise knew exactly what I wanted for my wedding day on 9/16/17. Denise was very quick at responding to all questions / concerns I had leading up to the big day. The... Read More day of, Denise arrived early to set up, followed the timeline for the morning, and was extremely friendly and professional! EVERYONE was complimenting the bridal party's makeup all day and my bridesmaids are still talking about how awesome Denise was!! I could not be happier with Denise's work for my wedding day and would recommend her to anyone!!! Thank you, Denise!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Colleen K

I can not possibly say enough words to describe how unbelievable perfect my make up was. Denise did such and amazing job and everyone was so happy with how their make up turned out. Denise (& Gina) were on time, stayed on schedule, and did such a professional job! Denise... Read More always was quick to respond to any of my email with questions or concerns. I could not be happier with their work and that I found them for my special day! - Colleen Keeley

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Erin S

Denise is AMAZING! I have gotten my makeup done for weddings before by other artists and it has never come out how I wanted. It was always so heavy, especially on me because I don't wear makeup daily. I maybe wear makeup 3 times a year. I went into my trial with Denise as a... Read More skeptic. I explained I wanted it light but also lasting. I pulled photos off of her website and we talked before my trial about what I wanted. It was really easy to talk to her and I felt really excited because I felt like she understood what I wanted! When my trial was over and I saw my face I almost cried. It was exactly what I wanted! It was light, a little sparkly, and I felt so beautiful!! I had absolutely no reservations about my wedding day after that! My MOH also got her trial then and she wanted heavier makeup and Denise NAILED it!! My sister is super picky but she loved her makeup and didn't touch it afterwards! She usually would tweak and change things but she loved it! On the day of my August 2017 wedding Denise was early and ready to go! We started at 7, my first look was at 12, Family photos at 130, wedding from 3-9 and my makeup looked just as good at 9pm as it did at 7am!! She did a lot of makeup that day, each face a different style but they were all so beautiful! My wedding day makeup was exactly like my trial and I was so happy! Denise also gave me a brand new lip gloss to reapply my lip color all day! When I did my first look my husband said "You look like Erin, but Erin 2.0". That's exactly what I wanted! I wanted to look like myself but dressed up! Denise you are amazing and I can not thank you enough for making me feel like a princess on the happiest day of my life!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Dayna C

If you need your makeup done and want someone who is personable, professional and does what's best for YOU, then Denise is your girl. She is amazing! From the very beginning she was thorough and responsive. No question was too big or too small. When it came time for my trial and... Read More she welcomed me into my home I knew I had made the right choice. She not only treated me like a queen but everyone else in my bridal party as well. She listened to what everyone wanted and was comfortable with and ran with it. Everyone looked STUNNING! And the bonus was everyone's makeup lasted long into the night. I can't say enough about how amazing Denise was. Did I mention she showed up early AND finished everyone on time?

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Kristen K

Denise, I just want to thank you so much for making my bridal party and I look perfect for my wedding day! From the first email I received from you to the day of the wedding, you have been amazing. Everyone is still talking about how much they loved their makeup and how great... Read More you were! Wedding guests were asking me all night who did my makeup! I really appreciate everything you did for us, we all looked like movie stars all night. Thank you again so much for making us all so beautiful :)

Reviewed on 1/14/2016

I cannot say enough positive things about Denise! Besides being punctual and extremely pleasant, she is also incredibly talented. She made me and all my girls look like beauty queens! We were all complimented all night on how nice our makeup looked. Look no further for a makeup... Read More artist on your biggest of days. You've found the best one already! Eryn Hillier

A true professional

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Kate D

I have to say how extremely pleased I was with Denise. Her professionalism and expertise in beauty application speaks for itself. As a person who has never had professional airbrush makeup applied, I wasn't sure what to expect. But once I met Denise, she completely put me at... Read More ease. She was attentive, extremely personable and most importantly, listened to my vision of what I wanted my wedding day mskeup to look like. I can't say enough how much I loved my make up on my wedding day!! My bridesmaids (who are all married) remarked how they wish they had Denise for when they got married. Thank you again Denise!!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Jessica C

Denise is incredibly talented make up artist. She was easy to work with, reliable, quick to respond to communications, and accommodating. She made me look radiant and amazing for my wedding. I received so many compliments. It was flawless in person as well and in the photos.... Read More My mom doesn't wear make and had many concerns about having her make up done for my wedding. Denise was kind enough to do a trial on her to quiet her fears. She loved it and receive so many compliments. Many even said she looked 15 years younger. I have had many requests for her information by my guests. She is also reasonably priced. In a world where the word "wedding" means many vendors significantly raise their price, she is reasonable, delightful and reliable vendor! I would hire her again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Inelis T

Absolutely AMAZING! Denise isn't only a sweetheart but an expert at what she does. I got married two months ago while my make-up trial was almost a year ago and at the trial is when I fell in love with how I knew she would make me look on my wedding day. Natural but absolutely... Read More beautiful! She stayed in touch from the hair trial all way up to my wedding day and even helped me create a hair and make-up schedule for me and my girls to make my special day run as smooth as possible. I would recommend her to anyone and if I ever needed professional make-up done again I would not hesitate to call Denise. Pleased 1000%

GORGEOUS Wedding Makeup!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Christine D

Denise is the best in the business! My sister used Denise for her wedding, after a referral from our hair stylist Daniela, several years ago. The moment I got engaged, Denise was one of my first phone calls!! Denise is absolutely amazing! She was extremely responsive during the... Read More planning process. On our wedding day, Denise made the environment relaxed, fun, and exciting! I didn't have a doubt in my mind that our make up would be stunning! She is extremely organized, detailed, & is an overall expert with airbrush makeup. With a summer wedding, I feared the hot sun, but my makeup stayed perfectly until the next day! My entire bridal party, mother, mother-in-law, and flower girl looked flawless, with their own unique style. Everyone received so many compliments throughout the night! I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. If you are looking for a glamorous look Denise is the perfect fit!!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Delia H

Denise is AMAZING! I first met her at my best friend's wedding and knew that I would be contacting her for my own special day. Not only is she completely calm, super friendly and relatable, but she does a fantastic job making everyone look beautiful all while staying true to... Read More each girl's natural beauty and personal style. My one bridesmaid is actually a makeup artist herself and told us that she aspires to reach Denise's level of makeup expertise and artistry. She is very organized, responsive, and most of all, very diligent in making sure that you love how you look. EVERY SINGLE one of my girls raved about how much they loved Denise and her work. Everyone looked and felt beautiful. The first consultation was also fabulous as she really works with you to acheive the look you want. You just have to meet her and see for yourself! Denise is a true pleasure and you definitely will not regret booking her for your special day!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Dara W

Denise is a true artist. Her calming disposition was a welcomed addition to what is otherwise a very hectic day. We first met Denise when she did the makeup for my sister's wedding. We brought her back to do mine plus a very large bridal party. She was efficient with time... Read More and worked her magic for every single person. Everyone looked naturally beautiful and felt wonderful. She is a pleasure to work with before and during the event. I greatly appreciated her quick response to emails (I had a ton of questions and scheduling changes and she always responded right away) and ease of communication. I would highly recommend Denise's work and will be calling her in the future for special events!

Beautiful Work!

Reviewed on 4/04/2015 Nicole M

Denise was our makeup artist for a friend's wedding a few years ago! After getting engaged, I knew just who I wanted to reach out to! Denise is very professional and so kind! When my sister and I went for my trial I had brought example pictures and Denise matched the look I was... Read More going for perfectly! The morning of my wedding, Denise arrived bright and early and had myself and my bridal party looking stunning! I would absolutely recommend Denise to any bride to be!

Perfect Wedding Makeup

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Emily N

Denise is absolutely wonderful. She is very professional and really listened to how I wanted my makeup to look on my wedding day. I had a large group of 11 ladies and Denise was kind enough to arrange a second makeup artist to come with her. Everyone looked amazing and I... Read More received many compliments on the makeup. My bridal party, mother of th ebride, and mother of the groom all loved their makeup. Another great thing about Denise is that she is so kind and makes you feel calm while getting ready can be a hectic time. I highly recommend her services. You get great value when choosing Denise to do your wedding makeup. I highly recommend her services and will use Denise in the future. Thank you!

Amazing Makeup and Person. :) Made me a beautiful bride!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Melissa R

I am so glad I found Denise from the many glowing reviews online. I used her services for my wedding on Nov. 2, 2014. I do not have much (if any) confidence in my appearance, because I am not 'pretty' by most standards. But I always dreamed of looking so beautiful on my wedding... Read More day. Denise made this dream come true. She did such an amazing job with my makeup, that it was the one day of my life that I felt beautiful the entire day and liked what I saw in the mirror. Prior to meeting Denise, I had concerns about airbrush makeup -- I had heard it was streaky if you cry or sweat, and I am pretty emotional about weddings (and also I knew I wanted to dance A LOT). She assured me that the airbrush makeup would hold up, and during my trial, I tested this by watching a sad movie at the end of the day and crying a bunch. She was right! That airbrush makeup is like magic -- it stays put. The best part is that you can choose how heavy or how light you want it. I had it light enough so that you could still see my freckles (which was my choice). It feels great going on too, and you won't feel like you are wearing any foundation all day. Denise's prices are also very reasonable and she gives the bride her lip color, for touch-ups during the day. She does an amazing job on eye makeup too -- I loved the false lashes, and I had concerns during my makeup trial that the false lashes for one eye didn't feel right, so Denise kept bending them and working with me until I felt totally comfortable and didn't realize they were on my eye. Best of all, Denise is just an overall very kind soul and does this because it is her passion, and she loves helping people to feel their best. I was stressing out over my hair on the morning of, but as soon as I got into Denise's chair, she just had a really soothing voice and was just so nice to me that I relaxed and took a deep breath and the rest of the day went perfectly. It was so nice of her to not just do my makeup, but also take an interest in me and help me relax instead of being anxious/nervous. She also covered up some concerns my mom had from scars on her face and she made my mom, who also is usually not very confident in her appearance, feel stunning the whole day too. I was so happy to see my mom smiling and happy when she saw herself in the mirror for the first time. It meant a lot to me. Denise is amazing at makeup, will make you feel great on your wedding day -- and will listen to all of the things you like/dislike about your face/makeup. She will personalize your look and change anything or redo anything if you are not 100% happy. I am really glad that I used her and like I said, she really made me feel beautiful.

Talented, reasonable and a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Elissa M

Upon contacting Denise, she was warm, responsive, informative, personable and flexible with me as an out-of-state-bride. Denise was very inviting as we conducted the makeup trial in her beautiful home, continuing to treat my mother, sister and me as though she had known us for... Read More years! We decided on a look which blew my mind and set up reasonable rates for my bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law. Denise is very organized and devised a fluid schedule for my big day to include 9 women who were using her services. My mother-in-law is very conservative with regards to makeup, and Denise created a beautiful look which you could see had delighted her! My mother, bridesmaids and I prefer bold, glamourous makeup and Denise customized each look to accentuate and showcase our best features. Everyone's expectations were exceeded by Denise's talents! Her patience, reassurance, flexibility and kindness continued through the end of a very long day. I look forward to having the opportunity to work with Denise again and would sing her praises to anyone!!

Wonderful Makeup by Denise!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Jaclyn R

Denise did an absolutely wonderful job for my wedding day makeup! I found her from great reviews online and I am so happy that I read those reviews. Her prices are very reasonable and she just does an outstanding job. I don't normally wear a full face of makeup but for my... Read More wedding day I had the airbrush foundation and it didn't even feel like I was wearing makeup. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and my bridal party and my mom looked beautiful as well. There is no need to look elsewhere for wedding day makeup, you will not be disappointed with Denise!

Denise's makeup

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Kerry C

Denise was absolutely amazing! I met with her a few times before my wedding day to get my trial done as well as a trial for my mom and mother in law who were wary about getting their makeup done. Denise made us feel completely welcome in her home for the trials and did an... Read More amazing job on everyone's makeup. Both moms were convinced to wear makeup and looked stunning!. I absolutely loved mine as well. On the day of the wedding, Denise was right on time and finished all 10 of my girls/moms/me with a few hours to spare. Everyone chose airbrush and looked phenomenal. I have never felt more beautiful then I did that day. All of us still had our makeup and eyelashes on the next day....that's how great it lasts. I highly recommend Denise and I will definitely use her again for other events.

Bride

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Melissa C

Denise was fabulous! She did a great job. All of the members of my bridal party only had nice things to say! I will definitely use her in the near future!

Flawless, fabulous makeup

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Christina T

Denise did my makeup for my wedding July 18, 2014. She did an AMAZING job!!! I wear a full face of makeup everyday and am used to my products. Before meeting Denise I was skeptical as to how the makeup would look and if it would cover any of my blemishes. I had my trial with her... Read More back in March. I loved it so much I booked with her right then and there. She did my makeup with airbrush and my skin looked flawless. I wore fake eyelashes, which showed up really nicely in pictures. I still looked like me...but WAYYYY better. My guests complimented my makeup throughout the night. Denise also did my maid of honor and 2 bridesmaids makeup. The girls loved it as well! One of my girls bought the lipstick/gloss from Denise because she loved how the color matched her skintone. I would absolutely recommend Denise to anyone looking for flawless makeup. She is VERY knowledgeable, helpful, honest, and patient. She helped me decide when I was indecisive and chose what would look best on me. She even helped me plan out my schedule for the morning to make sure everything ran smoothly. Thank you Denise for making me beautiful on my special day!

Denise does an AWESOME job!!

Reviewed on 1/22/2014

I am so glad that I decided to book Denise for my wedding day. Everything, including the trial was absolutely perfect! I had spoken to other makeup artists, but it seemed that no one was able to accommodate my requests. I just wanted makeup for myself and a few members of my... Read More bridal party. Denise was able to help us out and she exceeded our expectations. In fact, her makeup was so gorgeous that one of my bridesmaids decided to get hers done at the last minute. I was a stressed out mess running in every two minutes to check on progress, but even with a last minute add on she kept us on schedule. Denise is sweet, professional, and VERY good at what she does. I felt like Denise understood what I was looking for and she made me feel like a princess on my special day! I know I will use Makeup by Denise in the future for special events! Thank you Denise! My girls and I looked amazing thanks to you!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Jessica E

Denise was amazing!! She is so nice, friendly and easy to work with. On the day of my wedding, the schedule ran perfectly; even a little early (there were 9 of us getting air brush make-up). All of our make-up was perfect - very natural and absolutely stunning and it lasted all... Read More day! I had so many compliments from guests on how gorgeous my makeup was. I would highly, highly recommend Denise, she is the best!

BEST AROUND!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Nicole P

I don't think I can rave enough about Denise's art. She is beyond professional, and is even better at her work. Overall, she is prompt, responsive, helpful, & has the sweetest personality. She is also very reasonably priced, especially with the quality work that she provides.... Read More The airbrush is flawless, and she knows how to make you feel like a million bucks. Denise did my engagement session, and I knew that I had to have her for my wedding day. I had no doubts that she'd make me feel beautiful, and that my girls would be extremely happy with her. She is an expert with airbrushing. Everyone in my bridal party looked beautiful, and she was able to give them exactly what they wanted. She LISTENS, and can create the perfect look for you. I had guests and other vendors, such as my wedding coordinator, asking who did our makeup because it was the best that she's seen. My hairstylist (who strictly does weddings) also raved about Denise, and commented that Denise is the best airbrush that she has seen. She is the best around, and it is foolish to book anyone but the best for your wedding day.

Amazing Makeup

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Tracy P

Denise was amazing, very professional and personable. I gave her a picture and she copied it to the tee!! She did an great job with my girls too. Another big plus is that she is willing to travel! I would defiantly recommend her and use her again for any future events.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Dana D

Denise was absolutely fantastic! My trial and wedding day makeup was perfect! Denise was extremely professional and so personable. She took all of my input and did exactly what I wanted. The airbrush was great! I am so happy that I had that! My makeup lasted all day and... Read More night, not to mention on the hottest weekends of the whole summer! She took her time and really paid attention to detail. I would recommend Denise to anyone and already have!