Providing excellence in entertainment since 1982!

Inducted into The Knot Best of Weddings Hall of Fame, and the Wedding Wire's Bride's Choice Award, nine years in a row! Manna Music is a full time DJ company. Our detailed professional Disc Jockey service has been entertaining since 1982, serving the Chicago Metropolitan area, Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin, and Western Indiana.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

Bow2007

Lombard, Lombard, IL Serving Chicago & Suburbs (847) 895-3444

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Kathleen N

Phil Szarflarski is outstanding! Talk about a man that loves his job, that describes Phil. He is just as invested in your wedding as you are, and that is the truth. He prides himself on keeping the dance floor full at all times. I understand why a DJ would say that to a... Read More prospective customer, but he really did. We received numerous compliments on how much people danced and how great the music was ALL NIGHT! Guests danced until Phil played the last song. I kid you not, our dance floor was jam packed throughout the entire reception. We were initially drawn to Phil because he was recommended by a prospective venue because of his knowledge of the hall's acoustics. Once I spoke to him, I knew he was our guy. I even said "Phil, we need to have you. I am impressed with the fact that I cannot find one bad review. Everything that I saw rated you as five stars, which in this industry is no easy feat." Guests seated close to him initially worried about their proximity to the speakers. Low and behold, not one complaint about it being too loud for conversation. If we could give him more than five stars, we definitely would. He's honest, thorough, hardworking, knowledgeable and truly wants you and your guests to enjoy the event. I'm trying to find an excuse to hire him again. I bet that he could get away with charging more for his services. He's so invested in his clients and their event, you feel as if he's an old family friend who is cutting you a deal on his fee. It is refreshing to hear people talk about how much fun they had dancing at our wedding. The last few weddings that we have attended, we have found ourselves looking at an empty dance floor and saying "they need DJ Phil to fix that."

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 R W

If you're looking for a top notch DJ for your wedding, Manna Music is the way to go! DJ Phil went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was spectacular in every way! Not only was he prompt and prepared the day of the wedding, but he took the time to get to know us... Read More beforehand, so that he would better be able to accommodate our music preferences for the reception! When we first met with him, DJ Phil spoke with us at length about what music we enjoyed and what vision we had for our special day. He took notes and gave us examples of playlists. He was very professional and you could tell that he has a lot of experience with weddings! The week before our wedding, DJ Phil called me multiple times to go over the details and be sure he had all the correct information. He double checked pronunciation of names for the wedding party, our song lists and titles, and all the equipment we would need to make our wedding day perfect! Not only did he communicate with us, but he also acted on our behalf in communicating with our venue! He was friendly, work-oriented, and very accommodating! He also went out of his way to provide extra help in organizing our day. Our ceremony was scheduled to take place outside, and though Manna Music was not going to be involved with the ceremony music (we had booked a string quartet), Phil went the extra mile and helped us to have a back-up plan should anything fall through. He created a playlist specifically for the ceremony should our quartet not be able to play, and he also provided us with a microphone and amplifier for the ceremony itself! I was stunned at the amount of work he put into the ceremony when we had not booked him for that time period. He truly cares about his customers and making their day as flawless as possible! Beyond being a fantastic help in organizing our day, Phil also blew us away with his poise and ability while playing the music at our reception! Our guests raved about the music and the atmosphere of the evening! By far, Phil was the most popular aspect of our wedding! Everyone loved the upbeat songs that he played and how congenial he was towards all of the guests! It was almost as if he were a part of our family! All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ at our event, and given the choice again, we would pick DJ Phil every time. He was professional, affordable, well-prepared, fun, and dependable! We don't know what we would have done without him! Thanks for the amazing memories, DJ Phil! :)

Manna Music and Phil are AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 C C

Phil was more than our DJ for our wedding on 08.29.2015 at the Adler Planetarium. He made sure that the night went according to plan and helped us plan a timeline and helped us keep to that timeline and adjust where necessary during the reception. He checked in with me... Read More throughout the process and several times the week of the wedding giving me total comfort in out choice in our DJ vendor. His responsiveness and professionalism are qualities that make him one of the best vendors we hired. He really took my suggestions and brought them to make an excellent cocktail hour and reception while adding songs that, in his years of experience as well as number of events he deejays per year and made such a successful evening. Since that night, I've had friends tell me that they have made playlists of our cocktail hour and dancing songs. And I had a lot of suggestions, but he worked with me to make a successful event. He knows which songs work and which songs do not. Considering that he plays so many events in a year, his attention to details and focus on our wedding demonstrates the caliber of his professionalism and talent. And the best part- the party! When our wedding ended at 12:30 am, the dance floor was still packed with family and friends. He got all ages on the dance floor and kept then there. I myself could not resist dancing the night away because of the energy in the room. I would hire him again for another event and if you are looking for a professional DJ who will give you the dance party you are looking for, hire him! Phil, thank you so much for helping us celebrate our marriage and brining the energy up in the room and throwing an amazing dance party!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Breanna K

I cannot recommend Manna Music more! They seriously know how to keep a party going and really know what songs to play. All my guests at my wedding said that they loved the DJ and how he would play all different genres of music. He would pay attention to what songs everyone was... Read More having fun to and keep that going. Our dance floor was full all night long that was because of the DJ. If your looking for someone for your wedding, I cannot recommend Manna Music more!! Phil was our DJ and he is not only the nicest person but he really accommodates everything we needed and wanted.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Kirk P

Very professional and was very concerned when the dance floor was full all night. Which was not his fault at all. He did an excellent job. Would definitely use him and recommend him to other.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Mike H

Excellent service during the whole process - start to finish! And the dance floor was packed all night!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Lauren O

Phil did an awesome job! He was willing to work with me down to every last detail! He played all of our favorite songs and kept the dance floor alive the whole time! He truly made our reception amazing! We look back and have the best memories of that night!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Marisa S

Phil was excellent!! Everyone was on the dance floor from the minute it was open until we were forced to leave.. .I think people would've stayed another hour dancing if they could!! He was extremely helpful and accommodating with special dances to get the exact music we wanted.... Read More He answered all our questions in a timely manner and is very knowledgeable in the field of music! Highly recommend his services.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kelly S

Phil at Manna Music is an amazing Dj! We just had our wedding this past weekend and he was an outstanding DJ. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He really got to know us and our crowd. He played exactly what we asked for. He also knew what to play based on our guests.... Read More I received multiple compliments on the music! Phil is very knowledgeable in the wedding area and he was able to guide me through the timeline! He fixed all my mistakes I made when it came to the timeline and ensured the evening went smooth! He also helped me plan a birthday surprise for some of my guests who spent their birthday with us! His planning database made my life so much easier!! He is very affordable too!! I highly recommend Manna Music!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Reem A

We used DJ Phil for our wedding and he was fantastic!!! So easy to work with and he really was committed to making the music great for us! The guests all had a blast and we loved every song that was played! He read the audience well and we got a lot of compliments about Phil! I... Read More cannot say enough fantastic things about him - definitely a great decision hiring Phil as our DJ! I would recommend him 1,000 times over!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 James B

Mark and Manna Music was very professional, and performed a great set list at the reception. He also did well with set up for the ceremony and late editions to add songs were no problem. Great value, and nice sounding speakers.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Haley S

Mark from Manna Music did a great job at our wedding. He incorporated all the music we requested and the dance floor was full all night. We received complements on the music from multiple guests. Mark was very easy to work with and very responsive & communicative. We booked last... Read More minute after having our original DJ back out on us and I feel so lucky that Mark was available and that we found him!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jennifer K

Manna Music DJ is fantastic! We worked with Phil who went above and beyond during the planning stages and at our wedding to make sure that the music reflected our tastes. He took the time to go over our preferences, and put together an amazing playlist. In fact, guests are still... Read More telling me how much they loved the music. I’m not surprised because the dance floor was PACKED during the entire reception. Phil is incredibly skilled at reading the dance floor and knowing exactly what to play. He was quick to respond to our calls and emails to review music and the day of timeline, which was especially helpful since we were planning the wedding from out of state. Phil is a true professional who loves what he does and it shows. We would recommend Phil and Manna Music DJ to anyone! Hiring him was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Maggie S

Phil was great to work with and our guests had a blast at our wedding. Seriously, once the music stopped I don't think I was off the dance floor until the venue shut us down. Phil was very quick to respond to any messages I sent, worked with a playlist we came up with, and kept... Read More our guests dancing all night long. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great dj!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

DJ Mark from Manna Music provided the entertainment for our recent wedding. We received so many compliments on his performance and music selection. Everyone was on the dance floor from the first dance to the last. Mark was also a pleasure to work with before our special... Read More night. He made our wedding reception a memorable night for all. Thank you Mark!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

Phil and Manna Music were FANTASTIC! Phil has a singular goal, and that is to provide the best DJ experience possible. He took the time to really understand what was important to us, was attentive, responsive, honest, and maybe most importantly, experienced. He and I... Read More collaborated on our music plan, and he masterfully executed that plan. Phil understands the importance of his contribution to your events success, and is as professional as they come. He holds a special place in our hearts because of who he is, and the role he played in our party's success. He has our highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Casey B

For me, hiring a DJ was one of the hardest decisions. How am I supposed to spend money on someone who's work I can't evaluate. Even if we did watch him at a wedding, I may hate him, but he could play exactly what that bride wanted. We hired him because my husband had a good... Read More feeling about him. We could not have been happier. He was easy to get a hold of, played outstanding music throughout the whole night, read and adjusted to the dance floor, took requests, was dressed to the T and just made the night. I would hire Phil again in a heart beat. He was wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Allie V

I cannot speak more highly of a vendor than of Phil. Coming into our wedding, my wife and I were a bit unprepared. We had procrastinated on choosing music, we were trying to manage an extensive list of people wanting to give a speech and we were having our wedding in a venue... Read More known for being difficult acoustically. But Phil managed to tough through all of this to deliver an outstanding wedding. He took our additional speech requests in stride and managed to squeeze them in. He thoughtfully reviewed my wife and I's disparate music suggestions and managed to find a balance between music we like and music that our guests could enjoy and dance to. From the moment our dancing started until the moment the night was over our dance floor was filled. And my wife and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Thank you Phil. From the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Miriam B

I would recommend Manna Music to anyone. Phil responded to my emails and phone calls within 24 hours and was flexible about the timeline and location! He even met in person with me and my family at the venue to really understand the theme and ambiance of our wedding. He made a... Read More customized mix for our Father-Daughter dance (which I know took some time) and through out the entire event he was checking in with me, MCing and pumping up the crowd. I got numerous compliments from guests about the quality of the DJ; the dance floor was rocking the whole night and he was able to appeal to both young and old(er) guests.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Phil is outstanding to work with. We were planning our Chicago suburb wedding from Louisiana and he was available to meet when we were in town and was easy to get ahold of long distance both via email and on the phone. He is very flexible both during the planning process and the... Read More night of the wedding! The moment we met him we knew he was very professional and good at what he did. I could not have asked for a better DJ, would use him again in a heartbeat, and would recommend him to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Cathy C

We could not have asked for anything more! The music was fantastic - everyone was on the dance floor all night long!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Amirrah A

Phil was absolutely amazing. He was 100% accommodating to anything we needed and our happiness was his number 1 priority. He had wonderful suggestions when we needed guidance. The music was perfect all night and the dance floor was packed. Many people approached us after the... Read More wedding asking about the DJ and his playlist. He was a wonderful emcee, super professional, and is just a man who knows his craft, which is what you need on your wedding day. We never had any concerns and the day ran smoothly from start to finish.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Alex B

During the wedding planning process, and deciding on specific music selections, Phil was always available at any time I had a question. When I would send him an email, he would always respond within a day, and even go out of his way to call me to have a personal conversation to... Read More find out exactly what I wanted. Given that my husband and I had a Polish-American wedding, my main concern was to keep all of my guests happy with the song choices. On the day of the wedding… Phil rocked it! He did an excellent job coordinating all the songs to fit what the crowd wanted to hear on our big day, and there was something for everyone. All of our guests were dancing the whole time, and absolutely loved the music! To this day, people cannot stop talking about how much fun they had. I would strongly recommend choosing Manna Music for your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016

Phil was wonderful about reading the people and keeping them dancing!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Lindsey T

Phil is awesome! He us very thorough in your music preferences and he truly wants everyone at your reception to have a great time. So many guests were out on the dance floor all night because he played a great mixture of music for everyone. I highly recommend Manna Music for... Read More your next event!

Phil Szaflarski

Phil Szaflarski has been a Professional DJ since the early 80's, gaining much of his experience in the club scene. His masterful "beat blend" skills keep the dance floors hopping. Phil's sound system, lighting, and music selection are as good as they get. As Master of Ceremony, Phil focuses his energy on the audience, providing just the right mix of music and personal interaction. His vibrant personality and love of music ranks Phil among the best in the mobile disc jockey business.