Multiple Award Winner - "ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Pick for The Knot's "Best of Weddings" Award. Also voted one of The Best DC-based Wedding Vendors by Washingtonian Magazine 2009-2015. One of the most experienced DJs in DC. "Simply the Best of the Best" -Editor, Engaged Magazine

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Fairfax, VA
Washington, DC Metro Area

Top Notch Reception Music

Reviewed on 12/22/2013 Lindsay J

It’s extremely rare for me to write a review, whether I’ve had good service or bad service, but when it comes to Marc, I felt compelled to write something…he was just that great. Getting married at the Willard, my wife and I wanted to find a DJ that would play songs the crowd... Read More could certainly enjoy, yet matching the environment of the hotel. From the initial interview, Marc was our guy…we read many positive reviews on him and agree with all of his highlights. Most importantly, at least for us, he knows how to read a crowd, while keeping in line with your music tastes. Throughout the night we were told how great the music was…and it’s really all because of Marc. He was very easy to work with; he has high quality sound equipment; a strong voice to introduce the wedding party and move things along; he played the music we wanted; and of course, catered to the crowd (we had a full spectrum of ages, so, it was not an easy task). For me, one of the most memorable moments of the night was the string of songs he played at the tail end of dinner leading into and finishing off the toasts – I couldn’t have picked any better myself…they really fit the mood. And so it goes back to playing the songs you like, while fitting the situation at hand, which I can’t stress how important that is in a wedding DJ. Marc worked with us to find our musical tastes and he took off with it on the day…not one song was played that we didn’t thoroughly enjoy. No question about it, he made the reception memorable…couldn’t be happier!

Amazing Job

Reviewed on 7/19/2015

Marc DJ-ed my wedding reception and did an amazing job. Though not a particularly dance-enthusiastic family, he had everyone there on the dance floor. I saw my aunt, who has been seriously ill for years, get up and dance to Taylor Swift. It was an amazing day and Marc... Read More undoubtedly was the highlight of the entire reception. From beginning to end, he was perfect.

Reviewed on 7/15/2015

I worked with Marc for our recent wedding. I chose him out of the other vendors we interviewed because a) he didn't try to upsell me on anything that I didn't want, and b) he seemed really intimate with the kind of music we wanted at the event, which was more 40's/50's... Read More swing-style music. Let me tell you: Marc was amazing. He seriously blew us out of the water when it came to the wedding. We hired him to play music during the dinner reception and dancing. All the music he chose to play was amazing - it was the exact atmosphere we were hoping to have at our wedding and he NAILED it. And after dinner, during the dancing, I was so surprised by how many of my guests he got up and dancing. One of the things I was worried about with the wedding were the lack of much younger people (mostly family at the wedding) - but Marc had EVERYONE dancing - it was so amazing! The wedding went 100x better than I ever imagined and I think it's because we had him there. I couldn't thank him enough for giving us such amazing music and dancing.

Wyatt Was Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

I highly recommend Wyatt Hill and Marc Augenbraum DJ Services. Our reception was a huge success. We got to enjoy a wonderful evening with our guests and the music was a big part of the experience. Wyatt listened to us as we described the type of reception we wanted to have. He... Read More talked us through developing a playlist that would have something for all our guests. At the reception, his positive energy was infectious! A good time was had by all. Thank you Wyatt.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Brittany M

Marc was the DJ for my wedding this past July 4th (2015) and did a fantastic job! Though we had to change our original plans around because of a rainstorm that blew in an hour before the ceremony was due to begin, Marc was as accommodating as he could be and we managed to still... Read More have music and microphones ready by the time things started. Marc provided all of the music that I envisioned, even the songs he didn't already have on his list. And while my husband and I have family from opposite ends of the music spectrum, Marc had no trouble finding the right balance to get everyone up and dancing. I would definitely recommend Marc for any type of DJ service needed.

Marc is a great DJ

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Caitlin C

Marc was awesome - he was easy to work with and gave us exactly what we wanted. He kept people on the dance floor and was just a great DJ. Would definitely recommend him!

DJ Wyatt

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Amanda B

The services DJ Wyatt provided us were very good. He was affordable and was happy to work with us to determine what extras we could afford within our budget. We provided him with lists of must-plays, play-if-possibles, and do-not-plays and he stuck by them. He was even able... Read More to get songs for us that he didn’t initially have in his music library. Since we were across the country we didn’t have a chance to meet him before our wedding, but we did talk with him a few times over the phone so that he could get a feel for the types of music that we like and the vibe that we wanted. He didn’t just stick to the current hits, which we really appreciated, and we heard from several of our guests that they really enjoyed the music. He was very meticulous in getting the details right for us and helped us move the party along, from helping people get seated, to calling up tables for the buffet, to getting everyone together for the cake cutting. He even threw in up-lighting as a gift because we weren’t sure if we wanted lighting and he thought it would look nice. Having DJ Wyatt at our wedding made everything easier and I would highly recommend him.

Terrific DJ

Reviewed on 5/11/2015

Our daughter and new son-in-law were married on April 11, 2015. They chose Marc to be the DJ at the reception because of his experience, professional demeanor and friendly manner. We had a great time at the ballroom and much of that was because Marc was the perfect DJ for the... Read More job. He communicated by phone with the bride-to-be so that she and her fiancé knew how to best select the music for the reception. He provided a complete list of recordings that proved to be excellent for the celebration. The communication between Marc and us was excellent and we were able to plan a terrific party. The fun began after the wedding and everyone enjoyed the program that Marc and the kids produced. The dance floor was never empty but full of our families and friends having fun. We had a wedding of an easterner to a westerner and that made for an excellent mix of music not to mention dance styles. We highly recommend Marc.

2015-05-13T13:25:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words. It was a real pleasure to help you and your family celebrate this wonderful occasion. Best wishes to you.

DJ Marc at March 2015 Wedding

Reviewed on 3/27/2015 Stephanie B

Marc was the DJ at my wedding earlier this month (March 2015), and also provided uplighting. The uplighting really did make the venue look beautiful. Marc matched it to one of our wedding colors (a bright aqua blue). It came out great in the pictures and added an extra touch to... Read More the ceremony and reception. As for the DJ services, the microphones during the ceremony worked fine and the light music during the cocktail hour and in the ceremony room before it started were great. Marc did play the requested song list scattered throughout the night of about 15 songs that both my husband and I chose beforehand and was professional throughout the entire process. One thing I will mention is that my guests were really not on the dancefloor for most of the time – people got up and danced sporadically but it was by no means a 3.5 hour block of straight dancing. I did forewarn him in our initial meeting that I wasn’t sure how much people would dance but he assured me that he would be able to get everyone on their feet/dancing because he was great at reading the crowd and determining music based off their reactions to the music that was being played. However, people stayed at their tables or minged for the majority of the reception and I did have a couple guests tell me afterwards that some of the music played wasn’t music that would get them out of their chairs and to the dancefloor because it was too slow/old. Overall though, I would say that Marc did a nice job and the wedding/reception did turn out wonderfully. He also provided me with a great video showing highlights of the evening that I plan to share with my family and friends.

Best DJ Ever.

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Jennifer M

Marc met us at Union Station and right away we knew he not only loved his job, but loved creating a perfect event for his wedding couples and guests. We gave him a pretty eclectic list of music, from classic country to Motown to classic rock and he was able to get in every song... Read More we loved. The music collection was so good that we got compliment after compliment from our guests. Marc did a wonderful job in the pre-wedding planning making sure he knew the schedule we wanted and was able to adjust on the fly when we had to remove a part of the reception due to an illness. He is organized, knows when to speak and when to let everyone just dance and love the music. I will be hiring Marc for EVERY event I possible can. He also sent us a quick compilation video two days after the wedding which made us so happy. Thank you Marc, you made our wedding wonderful!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 3/25/2015 Lorraine P

We hired Marc Augenbraum DJ Services for our September 2014 wedding. Working with Marc was very easy and he's a true professional. The morning of our day, it was pouring rain in the morning and with our ceremony being outside, we were to have music before and after the... Read More ceremony. Thankfully, about 3 hrs before the ceremony, the rain stopped and Marc was very accommodating in keeping with the plan, even though the ground was saturated, to set up his equipment outside and it was perfect. When it was time for the reception and the music, everything was terrific. We had guests of varying ages and with Marc's knowledge of reading the audience and knowing his music, everyone was up and dancing, including my 89-yr old mother. Our guests had such a great time dancing, we barely followed the timeline put together because again, Marc was excellent at reading the rhythm of the night. We received many, many compliments on the wonderful evening of music. We'd definitely hire Marc's services again and highly recommend him for your wedding.

Marc Rose to the Challenge

Reviewed on 3/24/2015 Jetta S

When we first hired Marc, we informed him that he would have a little competition at our wedding. In addition to having a DJ, we had two black jack and a craps table at our wedding. Marc had his work cut out for him, but he rose to the challenge and kept the dance floor full... Read More the entire night! Numerous of our guests commented that night and over the next few days how much they enjoyed the music Marc played, and I totally agree with them. I would not hesitate to recommend Marc to my friends!

Fun and classy

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Jeanne M

Marc did a a super job DJ-ing at our wedding. He is a combination of classy and fun. His musical choices made our wedding reception so wonderful and fun for everyone. Our only regret is that everyone could have kept it up for another hour!! We are very grateful that Marc was our... Read More DJ.

A real professional

Reviewed on 11/17/2014

Marc was recommended by our salesperson at The Willard, and we are so happy we took her advice and contracted with him for our daughter’s wedding reception! He is a pro from start to finish. He met in person with our daughter and her fiance, who was very concerned about getting... Read More just the right DJ. They were enthusiastic about Marc immediately. He called them the week of the wedding to go over their submitted playlist and to make sure he fully understood the direction they wanted the music to take. At the same time, he checked on the pronunciation of all of the names of the members of the wedding party for the Grand Entrance. (He did an absolutely letter-perfect job on all of the names, by the way.) On their wedding day, he read the crowd perfectly and delivered just the right mix of music. We cannot remember another wedding where the music selection was so good or where so many people were dancing. Not only that, he made all of the announcements that we asked him to make in a very professional and timely manner. We highly recommend him.

Best DJ in Town

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Andrea

Marc is an awesome DJ. My now husband and I were so pleased with the music that he played. I gave him a huge list because I wanted to give him options and he made very good choices. Marc responds quickly to emails and makes sure he does his homework before the big day. Very... Read More professional and a pleasure to work with. He studies the crowd to get an idea of the songs to play and also with the schedule he can easily make adjustments on the spot, etc if necessary. Awesome DJ and very affordable. If I ever need a DJ for a large event or party, Marc will definitely be my first choice.

Reviewed on 8/14/2014

I just got married a couple weeks ago at the end of July 2014. And we hired Marc because of the great reviews he already had. One thing's for sure...he deserves all the good things you can read about him. He is very organized, friendly, and extremely accommodating and helpful.... Read More And obviously he's a great DJ that will rock the party like a "boss" is supposed to. Planning for the Wedding Reception: We met with him in the beginning of our planning process, and he was very helpful from the get go. While my wife and I were still trying to figure out how a wedding is supposed to happen in the first place, he was prepared to help us make it through even if we had no idea what we would need from him yet: - He provided us with a huge list of songs from all genres and eras so we could start to get an idea of what we wanted the reception to sound like. (A list that I am actually still enjoying since it has a ton of classics I had forgotten about.) - He helped us figure out how a reception generally runs. He obviously has a lot of experience with weddings and therefore could guide us on what would work verses what would likely be better staying a fantasy. :) And all while absolutely not imposing anything on us. He offered advice but insisted that it was our wedding and he would work with whatever we wanted to do. - He provided us with a sample timeline that we were able to use to determine our desired reception plans. - All this in the first meeting before we even booked him! Then throughout the whole planning process he was always just one email or phone call away if we had questions. I tried to set a couple meetings with him as we were getting closer to the wedding date and had to cancel them because of family matters, both times he was totally understanding and helped me reschedule; never sounding condescending or somewhat annoyed. We ended up having an hour long meeting over skype to go over the details. He also had previously provided us with an online form that had questions to help us make sure we had all the details worked out for our reception. All in all he was very organized and a pleasure to work with, but this was all during the planning period. On the Wedding Day: During the actual reception, he was able to make our wedding reception lots of fun. All my guests will remember that night for a very long time. I am from West Africa and had some family flying in and I asked Marc if we could incorporate some of our African music for them to enjoy and feel at home during the wedding. He never heard these songs before, but as a great DJ is supposed to, he was able to mix them along with all the good old school, hot40 hits, and the lovely traditional tunes. The whole musical environment of that party was fun. He mixed traditional and modern like it was meant to be together and this kept the dance floor filled! It was an amazing night. Marc was also a great MC, and worked with the vendors to start the different elements of the reception (dinner, cake etc.) when they were ready. He spoke clearly and audibly, did no awkward jokes and came to us to see us and find out when we were ready for our parts (first dance, garter and bouquet toss etc). He was cool but still professional throughout the night. I had to write a great review to thank Marc for his work. He deserves your business and he has the knowledge, the experience, and the skills to make your wedding reception an unforgettable one.

Everyone will be dancing!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Jessica C

Marc did an awesome job at our wedding and kept his promise of having everyone dancing! I wouldn't have changed a thing. I plan on recommending him to anyone I know getting married etc. in need of a DJ.

Marc is awesome!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Anna R

He did an absolutely fantastic job. He was by far the most professional person that we worked with throughout our entire wedding process. He had an initial Skype call with us and then stayed in touch to make sure that everything would be just right. He did a great job... Read More DJ'ing. Everybody was dancing the whole night. Even the music during dinner was outstanding. Thank you, Marc!

Definitely the right choice!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Annie F

Marc was absolutely incredible at our wedding. He always returned my calls and emails promptly and took the time to meet with us before the wedding to get the final details together. He played all of the music on our request list and kept it to the (narrow) list of genres that... Read More we told him we wanted. He expertly saved us from a potentially very embarrassing situation by not allowing a drunk guest of ours to make a toast by politely explaining that there wasn't enough time for another toast. Many guests mentioned how great the music was and how much fun they had, and a lot of the credit goes to Marc. Definitely recommend if your goal is some good old fashioned, classy fun.

Professional and Experienced DJ

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Leah B

Marc is a very engaging DJ who listens and who quickly understood the wedding atmosphere we desired. He met with us in person and he was very attentive as well as punctual. Communication between us was timely and responsive. He worked well with our wedding coordinator and was... Read More able to provide last minute sound services during the ceremony (outdoors). His online music planning questionnaire was extremely helpful as it allowed us the time to think and discuss our music selection and "do not play list". During the wedding he was attentive to the guests and the mood of the wedding where he played the most appropriate songs to get people to dance. He knew when to slow it down or pick it up. Overall our expectations were met and we really enjoyed working with Marc. We would highly recommend him to any future couple looking for an experienced and reliable DJ.

Wonderful! Made the wedding great!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Kelly F

Marc was wonderful. He was by far my most responsive vendor, and he had a great and very complete questionnaire. Marc met with us in person once and called multiple times before the wedding. The music the night of was a total hit! He had everyone, young and old, on the dance... Read More floor. It was the perfect mix of classic songs and top 40 hits. His price could also not be beat- Marc even charged us less than he could have for setting up early, before the ceremony.

Fantastic DJ, very thorough, got everyone dancing

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Augusta S

Marc was great to work with from the start. From our first meeting when he met us at our house to discuss ideas, to following up regularly, making suggestions when we were struggling with filling in holes, and general knowledge of the whole wedding process and timeline, we were... Read More very happy with Marc's services. He is definitely an expert! At the wedding he got everyone dancing and went with the flow and adapted when things got a little offbeat. We were looking for a DJ that would really concentrate on the music, not the MC portion, and Marc did a great job keeping the directions, etc. to a minimum and focusing on the music and dancing.

Fantastic DJ - wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 1/29/2014 Meghan G

Marc was great to work with from start to finish. He really listened and understood the mood we were going for. He was on time, professional, and really got the guests dancing. I have already recommended him to friends and family. Truly top notch. I can't say enough nice... Read More things!

Triple A

Reviewed on 10/17/2013

Marc was referred to me by another DJ I had randomly contacted after a quick search on google. I reached out to Marc and he was quick to respond to my email. Within days, Marc drove out to my neighborhood for a pre-hire meet and greet. Marc was flexible on meeting location,... Read More date, and time, which made my job that much easier. Marc gave off a good first impression: he was clean cut, well-dressed, and carried a professional demeanor. After I hired Marc, we met to go over my and my bride's expectations for our wedding day. Marc took careful notes, provided a very helpful schedule-of-events template for us to work off of, and was amenable to our requests. Throughout the time leading up to our wedding, Marc was always responsive to emails and calls, which gave us peace of mind that we had chosen the right person. As for his work at our wedding: it was absolutely amazing. He honored our playlist and do-not-play list, and--as we requested--played a number of songs that were on neither, but matched the style suggested by our requests. He made sure the music was appropriate for each part of the reception. During dinner, there were quieter tunes that didn't drown out conversation; during the balance of the reception, he made sure the dance floor was always full. People loved the music. My wife and I could not have picked a better set of songs to play at our reception. It is also worth noting that Marc was a great MC: he coordinated with our other vendors to ensure that each event of the day was announced and announced on time. I would highly, highly recommend Marc to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. I thought he was a good value, professional, responsive, and was an important lynchpin for the success of our wedding reception. I have zero regrets hiring him--and have nothing but praise for his fine work at our wedding.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Logan C

Marc was an amazing DJ at our wedding on 9.27.13 Our crowd was definitely tough to please, but he was able to draw from all genres of music to get all of our guests up and dancing and having an awesome time! He respected our play/do not play list and took immediate requests... Read More by us when we thought of music on the spot. Marc set up two stations in separate rooms for our dinner and reception and made the whole DJ experience flawless for us. Highly recommended!

Marc Augenbraum

Marc Augenbraum has been a Disc Jockey and Master of Ceremonies for over 20 years. Marc started out by performing on the Jersey Shore as a carnival barker. After graduating from George Washington University with a degree in Broadcasting, Marc took what he learned about performing and radio, combined it with his love of music and began his career as a mobile DJ. He has been hired by and has worked for many of the best DC area entertainment agencies. In 2006, Marc and his wife Susan made the decision to establish their own company and brand and Marc Augenbraum DJ Services was founded.

TO Marc Augenbraum DJ Services