Multiple Award Winner - "ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!"

2013-2016 Pick for The Knot's "Best of Weddings" Award. Also voted one of The Best DC-based Wedding Vendors by Washingtonian Magazine 2009-2017. One of the most experienced DJs in DC. "Simply the Best of the Best" -Editor, Engaged Magazine

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Fairfax, VA Washington, DC Metro Area (202) 271-8396

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Jessica F

Marc should be the first call you make when booking a vendor for your event! He takes such care and pride in being able to reflect the tone and style of each individual couple! Our wedding would not have been the same without him! Thank you so much Marc for making our night that... Read More much more special! You perfectly captured the music and mood we were going for!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Christine K

We hired Marc to deejay for our May 13, 2017 wedding after reading several exemplary reviews from different sources and could not have asked for a better vendor! Marc was extremely professional and responsive to our questions and requests throughout the process and was always... Read More available via phone or email. Marc made the process easy by sending us a questionnaire before the wedding that asked for specific songs (first dance, cake cutting, last dance, etc), including a do not play list. He listened to what we wanted, was easily able to get a good sense of the crowd to determine his playlist, was always open to offer music suggestions, and was very flexible to schedule changes the day of. All of our guests were on the floor most of the night and commented on how great the music selection was since we had a mix of everything from easy-listening Dave Brubeck and Chuck Mangione during dinner to get-up and dance music like N’Sync and Ed Sheeran for after dinner. He even played the Pennsylvania Polka at my mother-in-law’s request, and got all of the Polish pronunciations in the wedding party correct! He made the reception a beautiful, memorable, and fun experience for all who were there, from the bridal party entrance to the last dance. We highly recommend Marc and would definitely hire him again for future events!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Lauren B

We are so happy we had Marc for our wedding. Given his experience, we knew we could rely on him to execute the ceremony and reception flawlessly on our wedding day, and we were not disappointed. He kept us and our guests dancing all night. He also made sure to honor our do not... Read More play list, and he seemed to know all the right songs to play at just the right time, even down to the last song of the wedding. Thanks you, Marc.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Kate A

I absolutely loved using Marc and his staff Matthew Luck for my wedding! They were easy to work with and helped out with a lot of the planning process. They were able to accommodate all of our music requests for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I never left the... Read More dance floor the whole night and it was packed by our guests of all ages! I would recommend their DJ services to everyone I know.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Shreyas D

We hired Marc for our wedding reception and he did a great job. Marc is very professional and helped us with our music choices. He was able to incorporate a number of our must play songs and the tone for each part of the evening was great. We would recommend him without... Read More hesitation.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Shreyas D

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Nadine A

Marc is organized and energizes the party. He played different types of songs and was able to get a lot of the guests dancing. He was the MC at this wedding in July and he did a pretty good job of announcements and following the timeline. I would recommend him.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Janice K

Marc is the best DJ ever. As the mother of the bride I wanted everything at the reception to be perfect and Mark made sure my goal was achieved. He clearly exhibited his experience and great demeanor through his ability to mix the music requests of the bride and groom as... Read More well as the guests with his own selection of music from all genres during dinner and the dancing that followed. Guests of all ages were up on the dance floor partying until the last song was played . Mark also multitasked to become the perfect master of ceremonies during the "Star Wars" entry by the bride and groom, traditional toasts and cake cutting and adapted his skills easily to the spur of the moment family requests for a non traditional Scottish quaich, a mother/child invitational dance, and a Polish polka. I highly recommend Marc and will not hesitate to hire him again .

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Todd C

My wife and I used Marc to DJ our wedding earlier this year at the St. Regis in Washington, DC, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Marc is an expert at guiding the evening's transitions, speeches, dances, and special moments without stealing the show.... Read More Furthermore, he is a great DJ with an extremely versatile music repertoire. My wife and I gave Marc a smattering of songs we liked from a wide spectrum of genre's and he was able to work everything into the night flawlessly! There wasn't a single song I remember being disappointed in. If you are considering using a DJ at your wedding, you can't do better than Marc.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 elaine l

Marc was so easy to work with- very responsive and professional. He showed up in every way and did a great job. Our guests danced all night long!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 John H

Marc was great to work with and did an awesome job at our wedding. He had good suggestions regarding the timeline, did a great job timing which songs to play when, and made the music, not himself, the main act. We and our guests had an awesome time, and we would certainly... Read More recommend him to others.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Cara B

We can't say enough good things about working with Marc. He was very professional from our first meeting up to the reception itself. He had good advice about the timing and order of events but was not pushy at all. He was open to all of our ideas and understood what kind of... Read More music we wanted. The number one reason we picked Marc was the fact that so many of his reviews mentioned how he played the right mix of music to get everyone from grandparents to small children on the dance floor and that was definitely the case for our wedding as well. Our guests ended up chanting "One more song!" at the end of the night because they were having so much fun. To top it off he was reasonably priced too! We would recommend him to anyone who asks with no reservations.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Awesome D

Marc was great! He put a lot of time into preparing for our wedding, and it showed at the reception. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, he spoke with us at length about the order of events, our music-preferences, and our special traditions. Throughout the process, he... Read More gave us valued advice. He made our plan happen, and he had everyone dancing all night. He read the crowd, and he played music that everyone (young to old) could enjoy. Marc is a professional, and we were lucky to have him as our DJ!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Chris B

Marc was extremely professional and with a pleasant predisposition and tons of experience, oversaw our wedding in ease and style. Lots of our guests commented after how amazing Marc's dance set was. I strongly recommend him.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Scott K

Marc provided the music for our wedding reception. My bride and I were very pleased with Marc's work--he did a great job incorporating the songs that were special to us along with other tracks that all of our guests loved. I can't even begin to describe how much fun we all had... Read More dancing, and it was very much due to Marc. He was also quite adept at being a master of ceremonies without drawing too much attention to himself--he knew exactly when to make his presence known and where to hang back. Marc was particularly great when he helped us out with planning the order of events at our reception. We really had no idea how we should lay things out, from the introductions to the toasts to the dances with our parents and with each other. Marc helped us nail down a timeline that worked for us, and we really benefited from his experience. Overall, we were very impressed with his professionalism and willingness to give us a hand with other parts of our reception. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for great quality music work. He's very responsive with any requests, and will help to make your day go off without a hitch.

Reviewed on 2/21/2016

Marc provided the music services for our wedding and he was fantastic. He is a consummate professional who takes his work very seriously and his dedication shows. He took extra time to ensure he had all the pronunciations correct for us (my last name is VERY tricky) and nailed... Read More it! Marc is also very experienced in the industry, having done this for decades. He is not just a great resource for music, but also gave us advice and pointers on other general wedding planning items too. He is a great DJ and a great guy. We'd hire him again in a heartbeat, and recommend him to our friends in the area who are looking for music services. Thanks Marc!

So much dancing!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Marc was incredibly responsive and professional and people were dancing all evening. The day was perfect in every way - thank you!

Wyatt Was Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

I highly recommend Wyatt Hill and Marc Augenbraum DJ Services. Our reception was a huge success. We got to enjoy a wonderful evening with our guests and the music was a big part of the experience. Wyatt listened to us as we described the type of reception we wanted to have. He... Read More talked us through developing a playlist that would have something for all our guests. At the reception, his positive energy was infectious! A good time was had by all. Thank you Wyatt.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Brittany M

Marc was the DJ for my wedding this past July 4th (2015) and did a fantastic job! Though we had to change our original plans around because of a rainstorm that blew in an hour before the ceremony was due to begin, Marc was as accommodating as he could be and we managed to still... Read More have music and microphones ready by the time things started. Marc provided all of the music that I envisioned, even the songs he didn't already have on his list. And while my husband and I have family from opposite ends of the music spectrum, Marc had no trouble finding the right balance to get everyone up and dancing. I would definitely recommend Marc for any type of DJ service needed.

Marc is a great DJ

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Caitlin C

Marc was awesome - he was easy to work with and gave us exactly what we wanted. He kept people on the dance floor and was just a great DJ. Would definitely recommend him!

Amazing Job

Reviewed on 7/19/2015

Marc DJ-ed my wedding reception and did an amazing job. Though not a particularly dance-enthusiastic family, he had everyone there on the dance floor. I saw my aunt, who has been seriously ill for years, get up and dance to Taylor Swift. It was an amazing day and Marc... Read More undoubtedly was the highlight of the entire reception. From beginning to end, he was perfect.

Reviewed on 7/15/2015

I worked with Marc for our recent wedding. I chose him out of the other vendors we interviewed because a) he didn't try to upsell me on anything that I didn't want, and b) he seemed really intimate with the kind of music we wanted at the event, which was more 40's/50's... Read More swing-style music. Let me tell you: Marc was amazing. He seriously blew us out of the water when it came to the wedding. We hired him to play music during the dinner reception and dancing. All the music he chose to play was amazing - it was the exact atmosphere we were hoping to have at our wedding and he NAILED it. And after dinner, during the dancing, I was so surprised by how many of my guests he got up and dancing. One of the things I was worried about with the wedding were the lack of much younger people (mostly family at the wedding) - but Marc had EVERYONE dancing - it was so amazing! The wedding went 100x better than I ever imagined and I think it's because we had him there. I couldn't thank him enough for giving us such amazing music and dancing.

DJ Wyatt

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Amanda B

The services DJ Wyatt provided us were very good. He was affordable and was happy to work with us to determine what extras we could afford within our budget. We provided him with lists of must-plays, play-if-possibles, and do-not-plays and he stuck by them. He was even able... Read More to get songs for us that he didn’t initially have in his music library. Since we were across the country we didn’t have a chance to meet him before our wedding, but we did talk with him a few times over the phone so that he could get a feel for the types of music that we like and the vibe that we wanted. He didn’t just stick to the current hits, which we really appreciated, and we heard from several of our guests that they really enjoyed the music. He was very meticulous in getting the details right for us and helped us move the party along, from helping people get seated, to calling up tables for the buffet, to getting everyone together for the cake cutting. He even threw in up-lighting as a gift because we weren’t sure if we wanted lighting and he thought it would look nice. Having DJ Wyatt at our wedding made everything easier and I would highly recommend him.

Terrific DJ

Reviewed on 5/11/2015

Our daughter and new son-in-law were married on April 11, 2015. They chose Marc to be the DJ at the reception because of his experience, professional demeanor and friendly manner. We had a great time at the ballroom and much of that was because Marc was the perfect DJ for the... Read More job. He communicated by phone with the bride-to-be so that she and her fiancé knew how to best select the music for the reception. He provided a complete list of recordings that proved to be excellent for the celebration. The communication between Marc and us was excellent and we were able to plan a terrific party. The fun began after the wedding and everyone enjoyed the program that Marc and the kids produced. The dance floor was never empty but full of our families and friends having fun. We had a wedding of an easterner to a westerner and that made for an excellent mix of music not to mention dance styles. We highly recommend Marc.

2015-05-13T13:25:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words. It was a real pleasure to help you and your family celebrate this wonderful occasion. Best wishes to you.

DJ Marc at March 2015 Wedding

Reviewed on 3/27/2015 Stephanie B

Marc was the DJ at my wedding earlier this month (March 2015), and also provided uplighting. The uplighting really did make the venue look beautiful. Marc matched it to one of our wedding colors (a bright aqua blue). It came out great in the pictures and added an extra touch to... Read More the ceremony and reception. As for the DJ services, the microphones during the ceremony worked fine and the light music during the cocktail hour and in the ceremony room before it started were great. Marc did play the requested song list scattered throughout the night of about 15 songs that both my husband and I chose beforehand and was professional throughout the entire process. One thing I will mention is that my guests were really not on the dancefloor for most of the time – people got up and danced sporadically but it was by no means a 3.5 hour block of straight dancing. I did forewarn him in our initial meeting that I wasn’t sure how much people would dance but he assured me that he would be able to get everyone on their feet/dancing because he was great at reading the crowd and determining music based off their reactions to the music that was being played. However, people stayed at their tables or minged for the majority of the reception and I did have a couple guests tell me afterwards that some of the music played wasn’t music that would get them out of their chairs and to the dancefloor because it was too slow/old. Overall though, I would say that Marc did a nice job and the wedding/reception did turn out wonderfully. He also provided me with a great video showing highlights of the evening that I plan to share with my family and friends.

Marc Augenbraum

Marc Augenbraum has been a Disc Jockey and Master of Ceremonies for over 20 years. Marc started out by performing on the Jersey Shore as a carnival barker. After graduating from George Washington University with a degree in Broadcasting, Marc took what he learned about performing and radio, combined it with his love of music and began his career as a mobile DJ. He has been hired by and has worked for many of the best DC area entertainment agencies. In 2006, Marc and his wife Susan made the decision to establish their own company and brand and Marc Augenbraum DJ Services was founded.