Marci Curtis - The Michigan Wedding Photojournalist

Available for travel

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

343 Vanderpool Dr, Troy, MI Available for travel (248) 688-9294

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Candis A

From the moment we sat down and met with Marci we knew she was the best choice for our wedding photographer. She has a keen eye for capturing some of the little details you’ll remember long after the day ends, as well as capturing candid moments ! You could go to a wedding photo... Read More company and get one of many on their roster, but with Marci you know what you’re getting. She's patient, kind, and very helpful , she’s a true professional that I’d definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nicole C

From our first meeting, to our engagement photos, to the day of the wedding Marci was amazing! All of our photos are breath taking! Her prices are very reasonable especially when compared to other photographers. She was always on time and answered all of our questions. Very... Read More satisfied with Marci and have found a photographer for future needs.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Amanda B

Marci is a truly gifted photographer. Not only are our wedding pictures amazing, but her presence and profesionalism on the day made everything easy. Her eye for the best places, poses, and people are perfect. Thank you, Marci, for capturing our day beautifully.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

The photos Marci took were AMAZING they turned out even better than we dreamed. Thank you for being flexible when timing got off track. We couldn't have asked for a better experience at our wedding. We look forward to using Marci for family photos in the future!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Claudia

As a more mature, second-time around couple ,we knew we wanted a photographer who could capture all the spontaneous, joyful moments of our wedding celebration. We weren't interested in anything staged or cheesy... Just beautiful pictures of what we hoped would be a beautiful... Read More day. Marci came through with flying colors! Aside from getting absolutely gorgeous photos of us, she captured all the little details we had worked so much on. Best of all, Marci managed to get candid shots of all our guests, all done very unobtrusively. In addition, the slideshow she set up to play during the reception was a big hit, which everyone loved. It was truly a pleasure working with Marci, as she is a delight; charming, easy going and good natured. We received our photos within a week and there were so many! Choosing Marci was one of the best decisions we made. We highly recommend her services for anyone who wants the best.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Yuliya M

Marci was amazing! We had met with several other photographers prior to hiring her, but as soon as we started talking, we just clicked! Her photojournalism style photos and her eye for detail are just impeccable. We received glowing praise from everyone about the photos, and we... Read More loved the little slideshow preview she set up during our reception! We definitely will be working with her in the future.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Alex K

Marci not only took beautiful pictures and truly captured the spirit of our wedding, she was fun, professional, and put everyone at ease! She was very generous and flexible with our unconventional and demanding schedule. She helped oranized the flow of taking posed pictures so... Read More everyone else could just enjoy the day! She was so much fun and so respectful of all of our wishes! We were amazed at how quickly she got our pictures to us and they all look beautiful! I cannot reccomend her strongly enough! Thank you Marci!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Brittany M

We had the best day and our pictures are magic! Marci has a great eye for catching those truly magical moments such as a break in the clouds or a perfect V of birds flying overhead. She's constantly looking for those unique shots that truly make your day special.

Reviewed on 1/24/2016

Marci did a wonderful job on our wedding photos. She was very helpful and kind throughout the whole evening and even coordinated with our DJ when necessary. We would definitely recommend her services. She takes a lot of pride in her work and it was seen through the photos she... Read More took.

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Emily G

I cannot express how happy my wife and I were with Marci's professionalism and attention to detail on our wedding day. After having a falling out with our other photographer, Marci swooped in to give us the time and attention that we needed. The photos are of amazing quality,... Read More and edited beautifully. I would recommend Marci without hesitation to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Pam S

We picked Marci Curtis for our wedding photographer based on a recommendation from a friend. After our first Skype session with her (we live out of state) we were not worried about our photos or the fact that we wouldn't meet her until our wedding day. Marci was amazing that... Read More day. She was early, ridiculously prepared (had tools to help me button up my dress), and absolutely pleasant to work with. She had already scouted picture locations in advance due to construction and really required very little thought from us the day of, which was appreciated from us. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful and there are a ton! I wanted to use wedding pictures for holiday gifts for all my extended family and sure enough, she managed to get great candid photos of every single guest. Six months later, my extended family is still talking about how awesome Marci was that day. Marci is a great person and an excellent photographer. We would choose her again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Kenzi J

I am SO happy that we chose Marci as our wedding photographer! We are so happy with how the candid photos turned out especially and she was a lot of fun to work with. I will definitely be recommending her to anyone who is getting married.

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

Marci was our photographer of choice for senior pics for our daughters, so she was a no-brainer for our wedding! She took the best candid shots of our family, and it really commemorated the day in ways we will never forget. Doing this the second time around, we didn't want the... Read More standard cliche photos. Marci brought a casual, contemporary, and phenomenal vibe to our experience.

Wonderful Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amanda M

Marci took excellent photos for my wedding! she was able to get the traditional shots as well as utilize what she saw around her to get beautiful artistic shots as well :). I would highly recommend her for wedding photography and more. She is very reasonable about her pricing... Read More and is willing to go to multiple stops to get the pictures you'd like :). She is also very organized and likes to schedule a game plan before the big day so there are no unpleasant surprises. Cannot say enough how much we loved the photos. I plan on requesting her skills for future events, such as a pregnancy announcement, baby shower, and baby's first photos :).

Captured everything beautifully!

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 Kristin H

Marci is the perfect photographer if you are looking for those traditional poses because they are tradition but also capturing amazing candid and unique shots. She was wonderful to work with and fun to be around. We had an amazing wedding and at most times we didn't even know... Read More she was there. We are planning to use Marci in the future...Babies here we come! LOL Thanks Marci for capturing our day in a truly unique and amazing way.

Professional, Creative, Positive force on your wedding day

Reviewed on 12/26/2014 Courtney S

Marci was a phenomenal photographer. She met with us well before our August 2014 wedding, listened to what we wanted, and fully responded to our preferences. She also checked in with us throughout the planning process. On our wedding day Marci gently kept us on schedule,... Read More allowed us to get some beautiful shots we really wanted in downtown Detroit, and was super flexible when we wanted certain shots with our wedding party. More than anything-- she captures those honest, real moments so well. Her talent and creative energy shone through each photo. We are so proud of our photos, and wholeheartedly recommend Marci and her work.

Best investment!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Jessica V

Marci was a perfect match for our wedding day! She was so professional, very easy to trust-we didn't even meet her until the day of our wedding! She was at the venue, scoping it out before we even arrived. Instantly got to work when we were ready. It did start to sprinkle, even... Read More rain at one point and Marci wasn't even phased, just kept on snapping! She was able to capture the beautiful storm clouds that were rolling in behind us and it made the photos come out spectacular! Just three days after our wedding, my new in-laws and I were gathered around a computer viewing all 1,429 photos that Marci kindly saved on TWO disks! I absolutely LOVE her and highly recommend her to every bride!

Call her now!!!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Katie W

I was in the midst of a drawn out and overwhelming photographer search and about to settle on someone a bit out of my price range and not really my style when I received a recommendation for Marci. I emailed her and immediately knew she was the gal for me! She was easy to talk... Read More to, helpful, and responsive. On the day of the wedding she was timely and prepared - she even had little scissors to help us cut out those dress hanger thingies from my mom's dress! My husband and I really enjoyed working with her. She was unobtrusive and open to suggestions. I had a bit of a party crew and she totally went with the beer-driven flow! After the party I had multiple members of my bridal party tell me how much they enjoyed working with her! All of this is well and good but I knew none of it would matter if I didn't get photos that I loved. She turned them around insanely quickly (which was awesome) and sent us everything on discs. All I can say is, wow. My husband and I went through them all immediately and were amazed at the angles she got. We hadn't even noticed all the places she must have been! It was shot after wonderful shot! Her professional background was immediately apparent and my husband loves how some of the shots look like they were taken for a newspaper spread. We zoomed and zoomed and were amazed by the resolution. The light changed all throughout our ceremony and she handled it beautifully. All of our portraits are fabulous but the candids are great, too. We were very concerned with getting photos that showed our guests behaving candidly and the general atmosphere of the events so we could always remember how we felt that day and Marci truly delivered. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a true pro with a great eye and easy going personality. We continue to get compliments from people about how well she captured us and the event. I cannot recommend Marci highly enough! Call her now! Sent from my iPhone

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Elena K

Marci was great to work with and her pictures are beautiful. I truly don't really like taking pictures but Marci made the whole thing very relaxed and it was a great experience. Something that does help is that Marci doesn't do a lot of forced poses. The guests loved being... Read More able to see the slide show during the reception that she magically puts together. Despite being out of state we got the pictures very quickly (within two weeks) and I love the fact that she gives you the rights to the pictures meaning you can print and do whatever you want to with them. Marci was also awesome because she got an extra copy of the pictures to my parents who wouldn't have easily been able to see all of them due to us being out of state.

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Lisa A

Marci is a really awesome photographer! I would highly recommend her to anyone is looking for a professional photographer. I learned about Marci as she was the photographer at my best friend's and sister's wedding. They both loved her. Marci is very professional, personable and... Read More organized. We received our wedding pictures within a week of our wedding and loved them so much. We couldn't stop looking at them for weeks. It was amazing how many pictures she took of our special day. I can't recommend her enough and plan to use her services in the future for family photos.

Best of the best!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2014

I can't begin to describe how thrilled my husband and I were with Marci! From the moment we met, it was clear that her laid-back personality completely jelled with ours. She totally got what we were going for. I'll just break this down by category: Quality of Service- I found... Read More Marci by searching for "photojournalism wedding photography," so we were looking for something a little more non-traditional. She was only with us for 6 hours, but managed to grab just under 1000 photos! Every single guest made it into the pictures (mostly fabulous candids), and the stills captured each moment, perfectly. We were definitely in charge of the experience, and Marci was so accommodating! Responsiveness- Marci called me less than 12 hours out of shoulder surgery for our first initial "get to know you" phone call. Talk about responsive!! She was very quick and clear during all of our interactions. We had our photos back within the month!! Professionalism- I think Marci was the perfect balance of professional and laid-back. She was prompt, clear, and communicative. Several guests mentioned how lovely she was. Value/Flexibility- I put these together, because Marci went out of her way to put together a unique package that catered to what we were looking for. We weren't in a clear "package," and she worked with us to find a custom package that was affordable. I can't imagine many other would've taken the time to do that with so many couples vying for services. All in all, we couldn't have asked for anything more. If you choose to work with Marci, be prepared to laugh a lot! She was a blast. :)

The best!

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 dane a

What a talented and professional individual!! Marci did our engagement and wedding photographs. We were so pleased. She was such a fun person and so great to work with. She really took the time to get to know us and our pictures really did reflect our personalities! She was... Read More flexible and receptive to all our ideas. I would recommend her to anyone!

Captures the Fleeting Candid Moments - a True Gem

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Tonya W

Marci is an absolute angel! She has an easy going way about her that immediately puts you to ease. This is pretty important on your wedding day. I think that one of Marci's strongest suits is her work with the candid photography that she took over the day and evening. Her photos... Read More have captured memorable moments of our guests, oftentimes catching funny exchanges or heartfelt embraces that we missed because we were busy being the bride and groom. We delighted in reliving great moments and seeing other moments for the first time as we went through the many, many photos that Marci took. My satisfaction level is extremely high, and I have already engaged Marci once again to take the senior pictures of my son

Marci

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Laura H

Marci was fantastic- very professional and fun. Got so many great shots of our special day- posed and candid- turned out beautifully! We had our pictures waiting for us when we returned from our honeymoon! Loved that we were able to relive our big day so soon after, and there... Read More were so many beautiful shots to choose from! Marci was the perfect choice for our wedding photographer, and I highly recommend her to capture your big day!

Marci helped make our day much more special by capturing memories...

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Barbara R

Marci was just simply fantastic in every aspect. She captured events as they unfolded naturally and not in an artificial manner. The day was a blur for us, and seeing the amazingly wonderful photos Marci captured and preserved for our memories, has helped us relive our day over... Read More and over. Marci was courteous, fun, and a joy to be with. Thank you again Marci for helping make our wedding day a truly memorable one through your talent and professionalism.

Start a Conversation!