Marci Curtis - The Michigan Wedding Photojournalist

Available for international and domestic travel.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Troy, MI Available for international and domestic travel. (248) 688-9294

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

Once we set our wedding date, the very first vendor I reached out to was Marci. Marci had been the photographer for a friend's wedding, and I knew I had to have her for mine...I was literally prepared to change my wedding date if she was already booked! The emotions and special... Read More moments that Marci can capture are absolutely amazing...it's no wonder she's been voted best wedding photographer so many years in a row! Marci's friendly, fun personality had everyone laughing which made the day so enjoyable and relaxing. If you choose to, Marci will also set up a TV screen at the reception, with select photos of the day set up as a slideshow. Our guests absolutely loved being able to see all of the moments taken in the hours leading up to the ceremony (e.g. the bride getting ready, the first look, the wedding party photos, etc.). We absolutely loved working Marci and would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer, whether it be for weddings, engagement photos, senior photos, etc.!!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Heather S

Marci was great! She is extremely helpful and provided us with a ton of tips and advice well before our wedding day to help ensure our pictures would turn out beautifully- and they did! We love so many of our pictures we are going to have a hard time deciding which ones we want... Read More printed out! Marci was professional, helpful, friendly, and did a great job of capturing our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Lisa M

Marci took such beautiful photos of our wedding. She was able to capture all the special moments. The most important decision for me was choosing a photographer. I am so glad picked Marci. She was easy to work with, professional, quick to respond and took the best pictures.... Read More Pick Marci and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Dee D

Marci was our wedding reception photographer and we also did an engagement picture session with her. She is fun to work with and has a good sense of humor. She captured many beautiful pictures of the reception - from the cake, our jenga game crashing onto the floor and ofcourse... Read More of us and our families and friends. I highly recommend her !

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Brittany J

We hired Marci for our engagement photos and our wedding! She was professional, thorough, prompt and the photos are incredible! I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Katie F

Marci was fantastic! I could not have been happier with choosing her as my photographer! I love the images and the quality of work is impecable. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer. I plan to use her again in the future!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Andreea C

First thing that comes to mind when I think of Marci is WONDERFUL! Choosing Marci as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions that we have made. Since our first meeting, we felt comfortable with her and with the fact that she is very organized and always on time.... Read More Marci answered our emails extremely fast which puts one at ease especially when it came to such an important day in our lives. Marci is very professional, knows her job very well and comes up with great ideas in a fun way. Everyone in the wedding party felt very comfortable with her which has made the picture taking time less of the burden for them. Also during the ceremony and the reception she has managed to take some wonderful pictures even though she stayed invisible to the eye. If you're looking for a wedding photographer don't hesitate and choose Marci.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Rebecca P

I cannot say enough great things about having Marci as our wedding photographer. We could not have chosen a better photographer to capture our special day. She was very professional but also fun to work with. Her past wedding experience was extremely helpful, she helped me make... Read More a reasonable timeline for the day of the wedding, and offered other pieces of advice along the way. I got compliments from numerous guests about how impressed they were with her professional manner, her ability to organize large groups quickly, and also about the quality of the photos they got to see on the slideshow she put together for dinner. She came on time and was prepared for anything, she even had a crochet hook to help button up my dress since my sister forgot one. She kept everything on schedule which helped me stay relaxed. She dealt with a drunk bridal party member very gracefully which I am so appreciative of. She was not an in your face photographer which we loved about her, she blended in and did not distract from any of the big moments, but made sure she was prepared to catch them all. She got our photos back to us within a week, and they turned out absolutely amazing! There are so many beautiful shots, and she captured all sorts of moments I did not even see happening. We will cherish these photos forever. Her prices are extremely reasonable and a huge bargain for the amount of experience she has and the quality of the photos we received. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, and have already given her name to a couple guests from our own wedding at their request.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Caitlin P

The moment we decided we were getting married in Waterford, I started the search for our photographer. My husband and I live in NYC and his aunt offered their lake house on Maceday Lake for our ceremony. My husband and I were trying to keep to a insanely strict budget, but from... Read More all the advice I have gotten from couples who had already gotten married is the most important vendor is your photographer and if you find a good one, they are worth every penny. I couldn’t agree more, in a few years we are going to forget what our dinner tasted like and what the temperature was but we will always have these photos. I searched every wedding and review site available to search for photographers and we had Skype interviews with our top 8(!) photographers. The minute we spoke to Marci we knew we had found the perfect person to be our photographer. My husband is incredibly photogenic but when it comes to posed photos, I rarely look good so I was particular interested in Marci’s style which I believe she described as being a ninja. She would blend into the scenes and take lovely candid shots. My greatest hope is that there would be a few shots I really loved, then some more that were good, and then the majority unusable due to me being very un-photogenic. Here are the two truly incredible parts: First, we got out pictures A WEEK after our wedding. I have never heard of getting wedding photos so soon. Second, we found we had a really great problem- there were soooooo many INCREDIBLE photos, how do we even start to whittle them down? For someone as self conscious about their face as me, I never could have imagined I would be in love with as many photos as I am in love with from ours. Our number one priority in finding a photographer was getting someone who could capture our relationship, we feel it’s unique (as I’m sure any couple does) and Marci absolutely captured who we are as a couple. We are both comedians, and there is such a great variety of silly pictures and beautiful moments. You can check out some of the best pictures here: http://www.marcicurtis.com/blog/stand-comic-improv-wedding/ . We were so happy to hear that my husband’s cousin immediately booked her after seeing some of our photos. We cannot sing her praises enough. She is a genius photographer and has a very chill and fun energy. BOOK HER NOW.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Candis A

From the moment we sat down and met with Marci we knew she was the best choice for our wedding photographer. She has a keen eye for capturing some of the little details you’ll remember long after the day ends, as well as capturing candid moments ! You could go to a wedding photo... Read More company and get one of many on their roster, but with Marci you know what you’re getting. She's patient, kind, and very helpful , she’s a true professional that I’d definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nicole C

From our first meeting, to our engagement photos, to the day of the wedding Marci was amazing! All of our photos are breath taking! Her prices are very reasonable especially when compared to other photographers. She was always on time and answered all of our questions. Very... Read More satisfied with Marci and have found a photographer for future needs.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Amanda B

Marci is a truly gifted photographer. Not only are our wedding pictures amazing, but her presence and profesionalism on the day made everything easy. Her eye for the best places, poses, and people are perfect. Thank you, Marci, for capturing our day beautifully.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

The photos Marci took were AMAZING they turned out even better than we dreamed. Thank you for being flexible when timing got off track. We couldn't have asked for a better experience at our wedding. We look forward to using Marci for family photos in the future!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Claudia

As a more mature, second-time around couple ,we knew we wanted a photographer who could capture all the spontaneous, joyful moments of our wedding celebration. We weren't interested in anything staged or cheesy... Just beautiful pictures of what we hoped would be a beautiful... Read More day. Marci came through with flying colors! Aside from getting absolutely gorgeous photos of us, she captured all the little details we had worked so much on. Best of all, Marci managed to get candid shots of all our guests, all done very unobtrusively. In addition, the slideshow she set up to play during the reception was a big hit, which everyone loved. It was truly a pleasure working with Marci, as she is a delight; charming, easy going and good natured. We received our photos within a week and there were so many! Choosing Marci was one of the best decisions we made. We highly recommend her services for anyone who wants the best.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Yuliya M

Marci was amazing! We had met with several other photographers prior to hiring her, but as soon as we started talking, we just clicked! Her photojournalism style photos and her eye for detail are just impeccable. We received glowing praise from everyone about the photos, and we... Read More loved the little slideshow preview she set up during our reception! We definitely will be working with her in the future.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Alex K

Marci not only took beautiful pictures and truly captured the spirit of our wedding, she was fun, professional, and put everyone at ease! She was very generous and flexible with our unconventional and demanding schedule. She helped oranized the flow of taking posed pictures so... Read More everyone else could just enjoy the day! She was so much fun and so respectful of all of our wishes! We were amazed at how quickly she got our pictures to us and they all look beautiful! I cannot reccomend her strongly enough! Thank you Marci!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Brittany M

We had the best day and our pictures are magic! Marci has a great eye for catching those truly magical moments such as a break in the clouds or a perfect V of birds flying overhead. She's constantly looking for those unique shots that truly make your day special.

Reviewed on 1/24/2016

Marci did a wonderful job on our wedding photos. She was very helpful and kind throughout the whole evening and even coordinated with our DJ when necessary. We would definitely recommend her services. She takes a lot of pride in her work and it was seen through the photos she... Read More took.

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Emily G

I cannot express how happy my wife and I were with Marci's professionalism and attention to detail on our wedding day. After having a falling out with our other photographer, Marci swooped in to give us the time and attention that we needed. The photos are of amazing quality,... Read More and edited beautifully. I would recommend Marci without hesitation to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Pam S

We picked Marci Curtis for our wedding photographer based on a recommendation from a friend. After our first Skype session with her (we live out of state) we were not worried about our photos or the fact that we wouldn't meet her until our wedding day. Marci was amazing that... Read More day. She was early, ridiculously prepared (had tools to help me button up my dress), and absolutely pleasant to work with. She had already scouted picture locations in advance due to construction and really required very little thought from us the day of, which was appreciated from us. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful and there are a ton! I wanted to use wedding pictures for holiday gifts for all my extended family and sure enough, she managed to get great candid photos of every single guest. Six months later, my extended family is still talking about how awesome Marci was that day. Marci is a great person and an excellent photographer. We would choose her again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Kenzi J

I am SO happy that we chose Marci as our wedding photographer! We are so happy with how the candid photos turned out especially and she was a lot of fun to work with. I will definitely be recommending her to anyone who is getting married.

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

Marci was our photographer of choice for senior pics for our daughters, so she was a no-brainer for our wedding! She took the best candid shots of our family, and it really commemorated the day in ways we will never forget. Doing this the second time around, we didn't want the... Read More standard cliche photos. Marci brought a casual, contemporary, and phenomenal vibe to our experience.

Wonderful Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amanda M

Marci took excellent photos for my wedding! she was able to get the traditional shots as well as utilize what she saw around her to get beautiful artistic shots as well :). I would highly recommend her for wedding photography and more. She is very reasonable about her pricing... Read More and is willing to go to multiple stops to get the pictures you'd like :). She is also very organized and likes to schedule a game plan before the big day so there are no unpleasant surprises. Cannot say enough how much we loved the photos. I plan on requesting her skills for future events, such as a pregnancy announcement, baby shower, and baby's first photos :).

Captured everything beautifully!

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 Kristin H

Marci is the perfect photographer if you are looking for those traditional poses because they are tradition but also capturing amazing candid and unique shots. She was wonderful to work with and fun to be around. We had an amazing wedding and at most times we didn't even know... Read More she was there. We are planning to use Marci in the future...Babies here we come! LOL Thanks Marci for capturing our day in a truly unique and amazing way.

Professional, Creative, Positive force on your wedding day

Reviewed on 12/26/2014 Courtney S

Marci was a phenomenal photographer. She met with us well before our August 2014 wedding, listened to what we wanted, and fully responded to our preferences. She also checked in with us throughout the planning process. On our wedding day Marci gently kept us on schedule,... Read More allowed us to get some beautiful shots we really wanted in downtown Detroit, and was super flexible when we wanted certain shots with our wedding party. More than anything-- she captures those honest, real moments so well. Her talent and creative energy shone through each photo. We are so proud of our photos, and wholeheartedly recommend Marci and her work.