Marci Curtis - The Michigan Wedding Photojournalist

Worldwide, Michigan, Metro Detroit and even Troy!

9 Year Winner of Favorite Wedding Photographer

Honored to be voted a Michigan bride's favorite wedding photographer 9 years in a row. Telling couple's unique and personalized wedding day story using my photojournalism skills still gives me chills even after covering more than 1,300 couple's weddings. Capturing candid, real wedding day moments. Here are a couple of things that are unique to me from other wedding photographers; I was trained as a real photojournalist. I still prefer to work solo so I can become invisible and get all those candid moments. I have a 99.8% approval rating from my clients. I'm there to make your day smoother and your photos better than you thought possible. I'm there to advocate for you. You're going to have fun whether you love or hate getting your photos taken and I want you to enjoy your party to the max.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

Worldwide, Michigan, Metro Detroit and even Troy! (248) 688-9294

Amazing photographer. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Melanie P

Marci did an excellent job with our wedding photos! She was timely with communication. She's flexible, has a great sense of humor to put you at ease, and extremely talented. Even a thunderstorm during our outdoor photos didn't shake her! She found a great scenic, covered space... Read More to shield me from the rain while still capturing incredible photos. Marci is professional and experienced throughout the entire process. We are so happy with how she captured our memories!

We Highly Recommend Marci!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Sarah W

Marci did an amazing job photographing our wedding. She had great communication before the wedding and was so easy to work with on our day. We have the gorgeous bride and groom photos that really showcase our personalities as well as a lot of fun journalistic photos throughout... Read More the ceremony and reception. It is great to have so many good photos of our wedding guests! We were thrilled that we received our digital images so quick too. We are very satisfied with her photography and plan on using her in the future!

Great experience! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Molly P

Marci was great to work with! We planned our wedding long distance, and she was still able to work with us very easily. She responded promptly via mainly email communication, set up a Skype meeting with us, and was always friendly and eager to help.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Grace A

Marci is an absolute A+! She did nothing but enhance our two-day celebration and was our favorite on-site vendor during the wedding. Marci was a calming presence, she never brought problems to us, only solutions, she was completely flexible, kept us smiling even when we felt... Read More stressed, kept our families calm and smiling and made sure that things ran smoothly and on time. Her photo slide-show was a big hit with our guests and everyone is blown away and impressed by the pictures we got (most of my friends told us that they didn't love their wedding pictures, not the case with us, we immediately loved our photos). And when my bridal party couldn't figure out my bustle, Marci got on her hands and knees to ensure that it got done--after she snapped a few photos of my loved ones working on the bustle. Plus, Marci captured other small moments that no one else saw but that were so meaningful to us. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Lin L

As shopping for a wedding photographer can be overwhelming, we were so happy to find Marci to be our photographer. She’s absolutely professional and great. We love all the pictures she took for us and we got great feedback from our families and friends on them. We strongly... Read More recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Ashlee U

Our wedding day was 9-23-17. We thought it was going to be a cool fall day and it was hot, humid, and all kinds of crazy! The only cool one was Marci that day, she managed to stay calm and capture all of the awesome candid shots, even the ones I forgot about, she is completely... Read More open to suggestions, and she doesn't see them as an insult (to all the worried brides like myself out there). She will work with you and your family through anything, even cranky babies (she was wonderful with our 2 year old and 4 month old). She was the only one ready when the groomsmen decided to throw the groom up in the air, or for an impromptu piggy back ride! I was a bit skeptical about the slideshow but it was an absolute hit! As a bride it was nice to see what was captured and what else was left to capture, and 8 hours may seem like a lot but it covered before, during and after my ceremony, destination photos, and almost all my reception. She understands it's your day and she will try her best to get what you want and to make sure you're satisfied with it all. I cannot say anything but good things about her, she's very real about it all too, there's no guessing games, it's all black and white with her (which I LOVE). You won't be disappointed, if you're lucky enough to book her. She is well worth it, and will make your day picture perfect.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Anne C

We hired Marci to photograph our June 2017 wedding and she was AMAZING. Marci was so incredibly easy to work with! She helped guide us through the whole process, including choosing extra locations and day-of scheduling. She was a lifesaver for family pictures, keeping everyone... Read More organized and swift (we had to leave the church in time for the following wedding) so we could get our own church pictures as well. She followed our wedding party bus to two extra locations and got amazing shots we hadn't even dreamed of. When we got to the reception, she already had chosen and edited a selection of the day's photos for a preview sideshow our guests loved! She captured amazing reception shots too and even snuck us outside to get sunset pictures by the water. Marci is really fun to work with and we would absolutely recommend her for any occasion. Our pictures look awesome!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kelly F

Marci did a great job capturing our wedding day! She has a knack for capturing those unforgettable, candid moments. We really love our pictures and appreciate all her hard work! We would especially recommend her to those on a budget, as she is one of the much more affordable... Read More photographers in the areas, but top quality all the way! :)

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

Once we set our wedding date, the very first vendor I reached out to was Marci. Marci had been the photographer for a friend's wedding, and I knew I had to have her for mine...I was literally prepared to change my wedding date if she was already booked! The emotions and special... Read More moments that Marci can capture are absolutely amazing...it's no wonder she's been voted best wedding photographer so many years in a row! Marci's friendly, fun personality had everyone laughing which made the day so enjoyable and relaxing. If you choose to, Marci will also set up a TV screen at the reception, with select photos of the day set up as a slideshow. Our guests absolutely loved being able to see all of the moments taken in the hours leading up to the ceremony (e.g. the bride getting ready, the first look, the wedding party photos, etc.). We absolutely loved working Marci and would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer, whether it be for weddings, engagement photos, senior photos, etc.!!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Heather S

Marci was great! She is extremely helpful and provided us with a ton of tips and advice well before our wedding day to help ensure our pictures would turn out beautifully- and they did! We love so many of our pictures we are going to have a hard time deciding which ones we want... Read More printed out! Marci was professional, helpful, friendly, and did a great job of capturing our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Lisa M

Marci took such beautiful photos of our wedding. She was able to capture all the special moments. The most important decision for me was choosing a photographer. I am so glad picked Marci. She was easy to work with, professional, quick to respond and took the best pictures.... Read More Pick Marci and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Dee D

Marci was our wedding reception photographer and we also did an engagement picture session with her. She is fun to work with and has a good sense of humor. She captured many beautiful pictures of the reception - from the cake, our jenga game crashing onto the floor and ofcourse... Read More of us and our families and friends. I highly recommend her !

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Brittany J

We hired Marci for our engagement photos and our wedding! She was professional, thorough, prompt and the photos are incredible! I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Katie F

Marci was fantastic! I could not have been happier with choosing her as my photographer! I love the images and the quality of work is impecable. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer. I plan to use her again in the future!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Andreea C

First thing that comes to mind when I think of Marci is WONDERFUL! Choosing Marci as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions that we have made. Since our first meeting, we felt comfortable with her and with the fact that she is very organized and always on time.... Read More Marci answered our emails extremely fast which puts one at ease especially when it came to such an important day in our lives. Marci is very professional, knows her job very well and comes up with great ideas in a fun way. Everyone in the wedding party felt very comfortable with her which has made the picture taking time less of the burden for them. Also during the ceremony and the reception she has managed to take some wonderful pictures even though she stayed invisible to the eye. If you're looking for a wedding photographer don't hesitate and choose Marci.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Rebecca P

I cannot say enough great things about having Marci as our wedding photographer. We could not have chosen a better photographer to capture our special day. She was very professional but also fun to work with. Her past wedding experience was extremely helpful, she helped me make... Read More a reasonable timeline for the day of the wedding, and offered other pieces of advice along the way. I got compliments from numerous guests about how impressed they were with her professional manner, her ability to organize large groups quickly, and also about the quality of the photos they got to see on the slideshow she put together for dinner. She came on time and was prepared for anything, she even had a crochet hook to help button up my dress since my sister forgot one. She kept everything on schedule which helped me stay relaxed. She dealt with a drunk bridal party member very gracefully which I am so appreciative of. She was not an in your face photographer which we loved about her, she blended in and did not distract from any of the big moments, but made sure she was prepared to catch them all. She got our photos back to us within a week, and they turned out absolutely amazing! There are so many beautiful shots, and she captured all sorts of moments I did not even see happening. We will cherish these photos forever. Her prices are extremely reasonable and a huge bargain for the amount of experience she has and the quality of the photos we received. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, and have already given her name to a couple guests from our own wedding at their request.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Caitlin P

The moment we decided we were getting married in Waterford, I started the search for our photographer. My husband and I live in NYC and his aunt offered their lake house on Maceday Lake for our ceremony. My husband and I were trying to keep to a insanely strict budget, but from... Read More all the advice I have gotten from couples who had already gotten married is the most important vendor is your photographer and if you find a good one, they are worth every penny. I couldn’t agree more, in a few years we are going to forget what our dinner tasted like and what the temperature was but we will always have these photos. I searched every wedding and review site available to search for photographers and we had Skype interviews with our top 8(!) photographers. The minute we spoke to Marci we knew we had found the perfect person to be our photographer. My husband is incredibly photogenic but when it comes to posed photos, I rarely look good so I was particular interested in Marci’s style which I believe she described as being a ninja. She would blend into the scenes and take lovely candid shots. My greatest hope is that there would be a few shots I really loved, then some more that were good, and then the majority unusable due to me being very un-photogenic. Here are the two truly incredible parts: First, we got out pictures A WEEK after our wedding. I have never heard of getting wedding photos so soon. Second, we found we had a really great problem- there were soooooo many INCREDIBLE photos, how do we even start to whittle them down? For someone as self conscious about their face as me, I never could have imagined I would be in love with as many photos as I am in love with from ours. Our number one priority in finding a photographer was getting someone who could capture our relationship, we feel it’s unique (as I’m sure any couple does) and Marci absolutely captured who we are as a couple. We are both comedians, and there is such a great variety of silly pictures and beautiful moments. You can check out some of the best pictures here: http://www.marcicurtis.com/blog/stand-comic-improv-wedding/ . We were so happy to hear that my husband’s cousin immediately booked her after seeing some of our photos. We cannot sing her praises enough. She is a genius photographer and has a very chill and fun energy. BOOK HER NOW.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Candis A

From the moment we sat down and met with Marci we knew she was the best choice for our wedding photographer. She has a keen eye for capturing some of the little details you’ll remember long after the day ends, as well as capturing candid moments ! You could go to a wedding photo... Read More company and get one of many on their roster, but with Marci you know what you’re getting. She's patient, kind, and very helpful , she’s a true professional that I’d definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nicole C

From our first meeting, to our engagement photos, to the day of the wedding Marci was amazing! All of our photos are breath taking! Her prices are very reasonable especially when compared to other photographers. She was always on time and answered all of our questions. Very... Read More satisfied with Marci and have found a photographer for future needs.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Amanda B

Marci is a truly gifted photographer. Not only are our wedding pictures amazing, but her presence and profesionalism on the day made everything easy. Her eye for the best places, poses, and people are perfect. Thank you, Marci, for capturing our day beautifully.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

The photos Marci took were AMAZING they turned out even better than we dreamed. Thank you for being flexible when timing got off track. We couldn't have asked for a better experience at our wedding. We look forward to using Marci for family photos in the future!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Claudia

As a more mature, second-time around couple ,we knew we wanted a photographer who could capture all the spontaneous, joyful moments of our wedding celebration. We weren't interested in anything staged or cheesy... Just beautiful pictures of what we hoped would be a beautiful... Read More day. Marci came through with flying colors! Aside from getting absolutely gorgeous photos of us, she captured all the little details we had worked so much on. Best of all, Marci managed to get candid shots of all our guests, all done very unobtrusively. In addition, the slideshow she set up to play during the reception was a big hit, which everyone loved. It was truly a pleasure working with Marci, as she is a delight; charming, easy going and good natured. We received our photos within a week and there were so many! Choosing Marci was one of the best decisions we made. We highly recommend her services for anyone who wants the best.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Yuliya M

Marci was amazing! We had met with several other photographers prior to hiring her, but as soon as we started talking, we just clicked! Her photojournalism style photos and her eye for detail are just impeccable. We received glowing praise from everyone about the photos, and we... Read More loved the little slideshow preview she set up during our reception! We definitely will be working with her in the future.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Alex K

Marci not only took beautiful pictures and truly captured the spirit of our wedding, she was fun, professional, and put everyone at ease! She was very generous and flexible with our unconventional and demanding schedule. She helped oranized the flow of taking posed pictures so... Read More everyone else could just enjoy the day! She was so much fun and so respectful of all of our wishes! We were amazed at how quickly she got our pictures to us and they all look beautiful! I cannot reccomend her strongly enough! Thank you Marci!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Brittany M

We had the best day and our pictures are magic! Marci has a great eye for catching those truly magical moments such as a break in the clouds or a perfect V of birds flying overhead. She's constantly looking for those unique shots that truly make your day special.

Marci Curtis

I love telling stories with photos. I love people watching and I'm incredibly curious. So shooting weddings is my happy place! I started my photography career in newspapers, so telling happy, loving and fun stories every weekend is a joy and an honor. Me in a nutshell? If I'm not shooting, I'll be... with my family, traveling someplace different, drinking iced coffee, trying to learn something new, carrying on conversations with babies or dogs, in water (any water), problem solving, living in the moment, reading under the covers, looking for joy and then documenting it with my camera!