Marcia Selden Catering and Events

The perfect wedding celebrates love, romance and a wish for the future.Intimate and exclusive or large and effusive, this is a day to honor whims and wishes. Whatever your vision...refined black-tie or backyard Bar-B-Q...we specialize in creating and orchestrating the reception of your dreams.

$$$$ – Expensive

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

65 Research Drive, Stamford, CT (203) 353-8000

Jennifer Reilly is my Hero

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Caroline S

The saddest part about my wedding being over is that I no longer have a need to communicate with Jennifer Reilly from Marcia Selden catering. Over the course of planning this wedding, she has become an integral part of my day to day wellbeing. I requested that I be somewhat... Read More hands-off in the planning (my husband and I are both doctoral students, so our availability was very limited), and she did an incredible job of keeping as much off my plate as possible. She understood what I wanted and what I needed and was able to manage at the helm without any further guidance. She also kept me sane through the typical tumults of wedding planning (vendor hiccups, family conflicts, you name it). She is so incredibly organized (and works around the clock!) that the last week before the wedding was basically a breeze. The day of, she was ready with everything I needed -- bandaids, TideSticks, umbrellas for when it rained despite Weather Channel predicting clear skies, you name it -- and she anticipated many of my needs before I said anything. My wedding party was astonished at how unbelievably effective she was at arranging every step of the process, and we all agreed that this wedding would not have come together had it not been for the unbelievable work of Jennifer Reilly. If only I could hire her to plan the rest of my life, I would be all set!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Caroline S

We just got married in the fall of 2017, and working with Marcia Selden Catering and Events made our dream wedding come true! Every single detail they coordinated for our wedding was so special, unique and spectacular. We absolutely loved the food (one of our favorite parts of... Read More the wedding process was the food tasting!) and Robin Selden went above and beyond to create our favorite appetizer, entre and dessert dishes while also using locally sourced products. (The highlights were their tuna tartar, duck spring rolls, lobster rolls, and famous philo hot dog appetizers, their kale and shrimp salad and Moroccan lamb and chicken tagine entre, and their dessert churros, coconut flan, chocolate tarts and their famous candy box!) Everything was so delicious and so many people commented on how friendly and warm their team was throughout the night. And Jeffrey Selden was an incredible wedding planner. Every detail that he worked so hard on for a full year turned out so precise and perfect - from the ceremony music, to all the transportation, to the cake, to the table cloths, napkins, flowers, tent layout, and all the timing and sequencing of the night from the ceremony to the sparklers, he did a spectacular job of organizing and managing everything. We are still so overjoyed to have had such a magical weekend with our family and friends that we will cherish our whole lives and so much of what made the night so seamless and memorable was due to Marcia Selden Catering and Events and their impeccable organization, talent, creativity, vision, hard work, and leadership. They are an absolute joy to work with and we are so lucky to have them right here in Stamford, Connecticut! We highly recommend them!

The BEST day of my life!

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 mary m

From a perfectionist, type "a" personality, self proclaimed foodie bride I must say that Robin and Marcia helped to make my wedding more than I could ever dream of and truly the best day of my life! There was not one detail missed, the food was so imaginative and delicious and... Read More the staff so courteous and attentive. From the moment I met them I knew they were the team for me! A decision that was almost as good as saying "yes' to my husbands proposal. We so look forward to sharing years of happy occasions with them!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Amy C

Jeffrey Selden and his team gave our daughter, son in law, family and friends a truly magical weekend. The entire staff was amazing from start to finish. We had so much fun we stayed up all night! Perfection from all of you! We hope our next two daughters elope, but if not,... Read More YOU'RE HIRED! Could not have improved anything you did. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jennifer A

I'm so thankful I hired Melinda and her team for our wedding day! The process was so much fun and we didn't worry about anything on the day of our wedding. We had the most delicious dinner (the filet and halibut were favorites) and our guests were so well looked after. My... Read More husband and I got the best 'to go' boxes to enjoy late night after all the excitement was over. Thank you again for the most wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Julie B

Jeffrey and his team are truly hardworking, culinary geniuses. They stopped at nothing to make our wedding day perfect. Our guests absolutely loved the food and all the special touches like the fabulous, freshly made Mozzarella station during our cocktail hour, and amazing... Read More passed desserts. We can't thank you enough!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Jay L

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Marcia Selden Catering. Robin, Jeffrey, and Jennifer are true professionals and experts in their field. The superior quality of service shines through in everything they do. Our wedding dinner was scrumptious from start to finish, and... Read More our passed desserts were a huge hit! We knew we were in great hands throughout the day. Thank you so much !

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Jen S

Jennifer Reilly and the staff at Marcia Selden Catering went above and beyond to ensure our wedding went off without a hitch. Our guests absolutely raved about the food, even weeks later they are still talking about the amazing passed hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. We cannot... Read More thank the team enough for our beautiful wedding dinner. Can't wait to work with you again!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Soyoung K

I worked with Emily for my vow renewal & reception this past month and cannot say enough good things about her. She was so patient with all of our questions and feedback leading up to the day. And on the day of, her team was so professional and the food was AMAZING (the halibut... Read More and filet of beef were both delicious). Thank you for such a stress-free, decadent day!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017

I can't say enough positive things about this catering company. They catered my 'magical unicorn' themed baby shower and it was the stuff of dreams. They made all kinds of delicious glittery rainbow food and my guests were blown away. We were thrilled to have a few leftovers... Read More after the party so we could keep nibbling on those magical bites for a few more meals. I might just have another party just so I have an excuse to use Marcia Seldon again!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Melissa D

Emily and her team were excellent from the moment we hired them to cater our wedding. All of our questions were answered and the process was organized and seamless. But let's get to what really matters-the food-it was excellent. I'm not really a foodie but we had many at our... Read More wedding and they raved about the food. P.S. They also left our kitchen cleaner than before they arrived.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Derry B

Simply wow. I wanted to be able to not stress, sit back, relax and enjoy my event. Marcia Selden Catering went above and beyond to make that happen. No minor detail was overlooked and their professionalism was unmatched. The food was amazing, the staff were phenomenal. Melinda... Read More was wonderful at orchestrating the entire event and Stacey was the star of the show. Flawless. I'm looking forward to booking them again for birthdays, anniversaries etc.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016

What an exceptional planner, menu and staff experience. Made the party super classy. We were able to just relax and party!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Brielle Z

I am so thankful to have worked with the team at Marcia Selden Catering for our wedding. This is the most professional team you could dream of, the food is custom created and designed specifically for you and your guests. Their food is absolutely delicious and they are focused... Read More on taste and presentation. Everyone thought our food was spectacular and the service was even better. Thank you so much to Jeffrey Selden for making the process so fun! Can't wait to work with you again!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Karolina K

We would like to thank you and the entire staff for making our party such a success. Everyone loved and raved about the food, the outstanding service and the attention to detail (serving drinks, pouring water, seamless clean-up). It was a memorable night for our entire... Read More family. Not having to worry about the food and all the preparing, cooking, serving , cleaning up etc. allowed us to focus all our energy in making our guests feel like they were on top of the world! Thank you so much for giving us a stress-free , fun, spectacular night. Jennifer Reilly did an amazing job! Right from the beginning, I knew that we had selected the right caterer. You arranged the party layout including the casino tables, provided fun and themed food recommendations and was accommodating and flexible when working with our budget. I really enjoyed working with you and look forward to our next event. To sum it up, having you and the Marcia Selden staff gave us only one thing to do: Enjoy the party!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Meg S

Emily Bonenfant, you were truly a rock star and a pleasure to work with. Every question or unsolicited suggestion we had was met with a smile and at the very least an attempted solution. Every time we saw you throughout the day we knew we were in good hands. Jeffrey Selden, we... Read More were so happy you were on hand for our wedding. Having been such a big part of it, it felt fitting for you to be there. Your positivity before the show got started was extremely reassuring. The food was spectacular. We know this not only because we got to sample some of it, but because nearly every single guest remarked at how amazing it was. As suspected, most didn't realize it was kosher and the kosher people said it was the best they'd ever had. Your team was amazing. Several guests remarked at how wonderful they were, and that's the first time I've heard something like that for an event. Everyone was extremely professional and congenial. They went out of their way to make us feel special and they succeeded.... Which brings us to Barbara from your team. It's evident why she gets that assignment, which I had never even heard of before (great idea). She was our rock. She made us feel like a million bucks. We're thrilled with our decision to work with you. We look forward to working with you on another event or celebration. All the best and until next time!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jimena S

To Jeffrey Selden and the rest of the MSC team. Our thanks to you and your team for creating a great memory for our family. Your team was exceptional. Jennifer Reilly was truly a delight to work with and kept things calm and organized on both Friday and Saturday. Can’t say... Read More enough good things about the overall outcome. My personal thanks to you and your team.

2016-10-19T13:25:33 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you chose us to be there for you on your wedding day! It was so much fun! A great party. We look forward to working with you again. Thank you for the wonderful review.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sasha M

We are just getting back into the swing of things after our honeymoon and still coming off of the high of it all. We seriously cannot thank you enough for all that you (plus the entire Marcia Selden crew!) did to make our wedding a dream come true -- the whole experience was... Read More truly incredible, with HUGE thanks to you all at Marcia Selden! In all of the fun party analysis and recaps we have done since the wedding, there is not one conversation that does not mention the food! You guys knocked it out of the ballpark, and we will continue to host parties just to have you all cater them (not to mention our friends and family will probably do the same) :) Not only did the food and service speak for itself, but you and your family and full staff are seriously such a pleasure to work with. Thank you for being the amazing, friendly, professional and fun people that you are -- there is nobody we would have rather had with us for our special weekend. Thank you again and we will be seeing you soon!

2016-10-19T13:19:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We absolutely loved being a part of your special day, it truly was magnificent. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon. We appreciate your review!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Heather M

The team at Marcia Selden is first class all the way. Working with them for our wedding was a dream come true. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the food and their staff is absolutely fabulous--professional in every sense. Our wedding menu was creative, delicious, and FUN.... Read More Thank you to Jeffrey Selden and the team!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Sam B

Working with everyone at Marcia Selden Catering was a dream come true. They guided us through the entire process with ease, and everything at our wedding was delicious from A-Z!! We had a lot of special requests and last minute questions that came up and Jennifer Reilly... Read More answered every single one and always had an idea we never thought of. The food was inventive and presented beautifully, first class all the way! Thank you so much to everyone on your team!

2016-09-16T13:12:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy you had a wonderful wedding and look forward to working with you in the future!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 TERRI T

Truly Magnificent! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Marcia Selden Catering. They were AMAZING, down to every last detail. The food was beyond delicious and the presentation was creative and beautiful. We worked with Emily Bonefant who was great and was a pleasure to... Read More work with. She made sure that everything went off without hitch on the day of our wedding. The entire staff was incredible, they were gracious, attentive and professional, they went above and beyond. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how fantastic the food was and how spectacular the staff was. Did I mention the cake, it was gorgeous and delicious, too! Thanks to MSC the night was truly magical and one we will never forget.

2016-06-22T13:04:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you on making your special day everything you dreamed of! We wish you all the happiness, love and good food in the world!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Court H

Marcia Selden Catering is doing my wedding in 2017 but they just handled my engagement party and they were the absolute best. Their staff is second to none, presentation of food gets reactions from your guests and everything (EVERYTHING!) is delicious. The entire team including... Read More Jeffrey Selden only wants to please you as their client and make sure you're happy--it's really wonderful working with them. THANK YOU!

2016-06-22T13:07:01 Response from the vendor

We appreciate your review! Our team was so thrilled to work with you on the planning of your big day and we love that you and your guests enjoyed yourselves so much! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Cloe S

Everyone at Marcia Selden Catering & Event Planning made our wedding the most delicious and fun night of our lives! Our food was completely unique, totally customized and our guests were totally wowed by everything. They are so creative and a pleasure to work with. Thank you... Read More MSC!!

2016-06-22T13:05:49 Response from the vendor

It was our absolute pleasure. We love making our clients dream weddings a reality!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

I’m a Marcia Selden Catering fangirl! They gave us the most amazing day and I loved everyone on their staff. I was so calm on my wedding day and I know why! Our secret weapon was Jennifer Reilly, our event planner and catering manager. We were concerned about not having the... Read More time to properly plan the wedding we wanted, but once Jennifer came into our life, we worried no more! She’s superwoman--detail oriented, creative, and knows the wedding business and the ins and outs that us outsiders have no clue about. She was the go-to person on the day of our wedding and took care of every last detail. I know Marcia Selden’s food well, you can't go wrong. I knew I wanted my favorites like the Lamb Lollipops, their ridiculously delicious Truffle Fries, and fabulous Apple Butternut Squash Soup poured tableside. Jennifer suggested delicious entrees like braised Short Ribs with herbs and Polenta. Everyone raved about the food and I’m still getting emails about our Pie Bar….with several types of pies for dessert, along with Cinnamon Churros and several types of their homemade ice cream and toppings. Honestly it was an amazing process and perfect day, I can’t wait to work with Jennifer and everyone at Marcia Selden Catering again.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Kelly B

I hired Marcia Selden and her team to cater my wedding but about halfway through the planning process I hired them to the planning for my wedding too. There is something to be said for working with experienced, professional people who actually care! Emily Bonefant was my main... Read More contact and she had everything handled from soup to nuts. From suggesting menus to talking through our staffing needs, she made the entire process seamless and fun. Our food was unbelievable and I defy you to find another caterer who creates the hors d'oeurvres they do. They are out of this world!!! I'm still dreaming of Salted Caramel Macarons. Emily packed a to-go box of food for my fiance and I to enjoy after the wedding since we were floating around the room having the time of our life. Thank you to everyone at MSC for making our wedding day truly special and absolutely delicious.

Meet The President

Marcia Selden

The Grande Dame of Catering in Connecticut and beyond, Marcia Selden has been setting trends in the catering industry for over 35 years. In her early career she was a flourishing jewelry designer, when a friend asked her if she knew of a good caterer for a small wedding. A passionate cook and frequent entertainer, Marcia literally stepped up to the plate and a catering business was born. Today, a 'Marcia Selden Party' has become synonymous with the magic touch. She still has her hand in every pie (or in this case, party) and that’s just the way Marcia likes it!