Award Winning and Published Wedding Journalist

My style is described as journalistic, clean, and timeless. I rely on natural elements to create the beauty within each image such as your location and the personalities of you, your loved ones, and your guests. I believe that candids make up for such a unique and interesting wedding story. The more the candids, the better the story. I, as a business, have won over a dozen awards over the past ten years including being inducted into The Knot's Hall of Fame. I have been published with over three dozen publications, websites, and blogs over the years and have received over 100 five star reviews from past clients on multiple wedding sites. Maria Angela Photography is not only about capturing the images on such an important day, it is about the quality of service you will receive as well.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Pittsburgh, Pa and internationally (412) 265-5094
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Amanda W

She was great, she moved all over the wedding getting great shots, I barely noticed her, unless she was suggesting we stand in a certain spot. And I have great candids some of the best from my own reception! And The action shots of me throwing the bouquet and my husband throwing... Read More the garter are amazing. Our portraits were to die for, I have had so many compliments on my wedding photo's she really took the time into getting the right shot for us.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Teresa B

She was very unobtrusive. I didn't even notice she was there most of the time. She was in the perimeters of the room with her zoom lens so I didn't see her except when my husband pointed her out to smile at the camera as we were dancing. She took great candids during the... Read More reception! She was very organized during the portraits and made the process of taking family portraits simple. I had fun taking the bridal pictures before the ceremony which made me less nervous.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Rachel R

Amazing isn't giving Maria Angela Photography justice. Maria's work is beyond comparison. I booked Maria 2 and 1/2 years ago and during that time I fell in love with every shoot that she did. I wasn't nervous about Maria's work because while planning my wedding I made a very... Read More wonderful friend. When you think no one is looking...little do you know that Maria is always look with her camera. Although my wedding is over I have Maria's masterpieces to bring me right back to the moment that was so filled with love. Thank you Maria for everything! We love you!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Heather G

I seriously love Maria! She is amazing! I don't even have my photos yet but I already know they are going to be amazing! She truly has a talent like I've never seen before. The few previews I saw were stunning! She was very go with the flow as well. We had a few hiccups with... Read More our limo driver and she helped capture amazing photos in a short period of time. There were a few we really wanted at night outside the hotel but we ran out of time. Honestly, you will not be disappointed if you have Maria Angela Photography capture your special day for you! BOOK HER!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Christina C

Maria is so awesome at what she does! I couldn't have dreamed of a better photographer and person to work with! Maria is just like me - extremely organized, detail oriented and honest. She is super knowledgeable and talented. She provided me with a ton of information, guided... Read More me through the planning process, worked with me to ensure that all of my requests, ideas and needs were met and was always professional and super nice! You'll have nothing to worry about with Maria as your photographer. She had every detail and photo of the day planned down to the minute, yet was extremely flexible and "in the moment"! She captured every part of our wedding day flawlessly and I am so thankful. My family and friends have not stopped raving about the photos. I know we clean up nice, but she really made us look like we could be in a magazine!!! I also couldn't believe how quickly she had the finished photos back to us - I swear it was within a few weeks! In addition to outstanding, beautiful photos, Maria is a wonderful, funny and kind person. It was a pleasure to have her with us on such a special day. I would recommend Maria's services to anyone!!! Thank you, Maria!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Nikki M

Maria is such an amazing photographer! What I noticed about her was she is very detailed in her photographs. she goes above and beyond to get the best portrait. She was awesome to work with and was funny and professional at the same time! She will make your day so much more... Read More enjoyable with laughs and great photos, so I highly recommend Maria Angela Photography!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Jess K

Maria is who you NEED for your wedding photography!! She is absolutely the best. Professional, prompt, organized, and above all .. has a great eye for photography. I especially liked how natural it was for Maria to direct people. This is much needed! I've seen other... Read More photographers struggle at posing couples/groups of people. But never Maria. She knows how to get the perfect picture by directing how we should stand, our emotion, etc. Maria is friendly and super creative! She will help your wedding day run smoothly (she is awesomely organized) and will wonderfully capture the range of emotions exhibited throughout your special day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

Maria was amazing and our photos turned out phenomenally! Our wedding festivities were spread out over a few days and multiple locations, and Maria was very accommodating to our needs. She was very prompt and professional, and did a great job scouting locations before our... Read More events. We absolutely love our photos!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

Maria did an amazing job, is such a nice person, and, she truly went above and beyond. We are so happy with all of our wedding photos. Maria was so organized and is part of the reason our entire wedding day went so smoothly. She thought of everything and worked really hard to... Read More capture a ton of amazing memories for us. We are REALLY excited to see the wedding album that she is creating for us. I highly recommend her!!

Attention to detail and beyond

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Allie S

We used Maria for our wedding photographer and from the first time we met her almost a year ago we knew she was the one we wanted to capture our special day. Maria is SUPER organized (which was so helpful), goes above and beyond to get the best shot, and is more than just a... Read More photographer..she is a true artist finding places and angles to shoot from to get you the most unique and wonderful pictures! We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a one of a kind wedding photographer!

Great Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lauren S

Maria Angela was great and I'm so happy we booked her for our wedding. She was extremely organized leading up to the wedding - making sure we had a detailed timeline and list of all the photos we wanted to make sure we captured. On the wedding day she was very efficient and... Read More professional when photographing, she even made up for our 30 min delay! Maria was also very pleasant in all our correspondences, helping me to feel more comfortable, even with all the wedding day stress. Thanks Maria, for everything! I would definitely recommend her to other brides.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Katrina F

We absolutely loved working with Maria! I knew after our initial meeting that she was the right photographer for us. She is so incredibly organized took detailed notes during the meeting and emailed us an outline afterward. She put together a minute by minute timeline of the day... Read More and helped us to stick with it to ensure we were on time throughout the day. Plus, she is just a really fun person to have around and is an incredible photographer. Our engagement photos turned out amazing and even though we haven't yet gotten our wedding pictures yet, I'm 100% confident they are going to be great! She is a great photographer who I would highly recommend i

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Ali M

Maria was absolutely amazing. Being that my husband and I live out of town, it was hard to pick a photographer without being able to meet with them in person. The second we began communicating with Maria, we knew she was the right photographer for us. She is unbelievably... Read More professional, detailed and organized in everything she does. She created a timeline for our wedding day and I am so happy she did - she kept us on time all day! She listened to what we wanted and created beautiful wedding photos that we will cherish forever. Maria is extremely talented. I am so in love with our wedding pictures and am so happy that we chose Maria as our photographer!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Julie B

Maria did a fantastic job at our wedding at Heinz Chapel and the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott. The pictures at Heinz were beautiful, as were the ones we took at the CMU columns across the street. I had a hard time picking which ones to get. I'm so glad we decided on Maria for... Read More our photographer.

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Alison J

Maria is the absolute best. She is extremely talented, hard working, and incredibly kind. The final results are beautiful and allow us to relive our big day. So many amazing candids that captured unique and emotional moments. She even took time to meet me at the venue so she... Read More could help figure out where we could take pictures (unique venue). She is wonderful--you can't go wrong with Maria!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Stephanie E

Loved, loved, loved working with her! She is amazing – we loved every second! I spent a significant amount of time looking at photographer’s websites and to be honest, all the pictures started to blend together and look the exact same – I couldn’t tell the difference between... Read More who shot what. This was not something I wanted – which is why I am so happy I found Maria. I saw something in her pictures that I had never seen before; the ability to capture breath taking moments that you can enjoy for years! She took the time to listen to what I wanted and added her own artistic flare. Maria made wedding planning easy and I knew on the day of my wedding I would have absolutely no worries! She spent time going over every picture I wanted that day and made sure I got them. We were expecting rain (and it eventually did), but of course Maria had tons of ideas and back-up plans. I cannot even begin to tell you how many compliments we have gotten on our pictures; we could not be happier! You will absolutely love working with her – I highly recommend!!!!!!!!!

Talented, Wonderful Photojournalist

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Megan H

Maria does absolutely amazing work! Once we got back from our honeymoon, the pictures were ready to be downloaded in only a week's time! We couldn't believe how fast the pictures were ready. And, we were absolutely amazed by all of the wonderful moments Maria was able to... Read More beautifully capture! Our wedding day was gone in a blink of an eye, but thanks to Maria and her incredible talent, we have pictures that will always vividly tell the story of the best day of our lives.

Truly Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Katrina S

When planning my wedding and vendors, I may have spent the most time trying to decide on a photographer. After looking at so many photographers' websites, all of the wedding pictures started to look the same. That is until I found Maria Angela! I immediately fell in love with... Read More her portfolio. Leading up to the wedding, she made the process so easy and I knew I didn't have to worry about a thing. She is very professional, kind and personable. Several times before and during the wedding she checks in to make sure that you get all of the pictures that you want. Then she puts her creativity to work and captures all of the precious moments throughout the day. Looking through the pictures took me right back to all of the great moments of my wedding day. The pictures continue to put a smile on my face and bring a tear to my eye. Not to mention that I had all of my pictures less than a month after my wedding. Words cannot express how impressed I am with Maria Angela, and I 100% recommend her!

Best Photographer Ever!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Lisa M

I am just amazed at how the photos turned out. There was so much care put into each picture and experience. My entire family is just in awe of your talent! You captured every moment in such a beautiful, natural manner. When I look at the photos, I feel overwhelmed with gratitude... Read More and happiness. Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Maria Angela Photography

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Allison M

I would highly recommend Maria Angela to any bride who is in the market for a wedding photographer! She has the ability to create beautiful compositions way outside the general cookie cutter pictures most wedding photographers would give you. If you are looking for photos that... Read More are timeless and individually crafted to meet your personality, look no further !

super talented, hilarious & professional

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Val K

Advice for brides-to-be: your photographer is a HUGE part of your big day! In my opinion it's the most important investment you'll make next to your dress. I chose Maria Angela for her outstanding talent AND for her vibrant, delightful Sicilian personality. The first time I... Read More spoke with Maria we instantly clicked. I knew she'd be excellent with us, our families and guests. During more posed pics she got us out of our awkward shell and gave clear directions for each moment all while having a total blast. Her candids speak for themselves - ahhhhmazing. Maria offered a complimentary 1 hour engagement photo session + access to all digital prints with our package. We could not be more impressed with the way she captured the real 'us.' We loved how she got genuinely just as excited as us when she got THE shot. She's a classy businesswoman - she's prompt with responses and kept us organized with sample day-of timeline templates so we didn't miss catching any moments. All images were provided very timely via online galleries with the ability to save all high-res digital copies and/or print directly from the gallery. We cannot wait to select the canvas prints for our walls, as well! Recommended 100%.

September 6, 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Rachel H

Maria was our photographer for our wedding at Heinz Chapel and Carnegie Music Hall Foyer and we are beyond thrilled over the pictures!! We just got the opportunity to see them all this week and we cannot stop looking at them! Every single one of them is beautiful and unique and... Read More we absolutely love them.Throughout the whole process Maria responded to emails or calls not even within the day but within the hour! She created a timeline for the wedding day that made everything run so smoothly and made changes whenever we needed her to. She definitely made sure to try and get all of the pictures we really wanted and also took some really amazing unexpected ones. You definitely will not be disappointed if you book Maria for your wedding day. She was a pleasure to work with!

Maria Angela did a beautiful job!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Sarah L

With the wide variety of Wedding Photographers out there I am so grateful I found Maria Angela. She brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise--and has not only a keen eye for design, enabling you to get photos you will cherish. She combines a vogue like sensibility with what... Read More you want out of your wedding, so that you end up with everything from magazine style photography along with intimate and special family photos. She is one of the most reasonably priced photographers I found, worked well with everyone, and managed to photograph quickly our 26 person bridal party--not an easy feat. Because of Maria Angela, I have lovely professional pictures to hang in my house--my pictures look like something you would see in some dream house on Pinterest--thank you Maria!!!!

Maria Angela Photography is Amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Megan G

I am so happy with the job that Maria Angela did capturing my special day!! The pictures are amazing! Very professional but fun at the same time! Highly recommend her!!

Top Notch Photographer in PA

Reviewed on 8/28/2014

Maria-Angela is a top notch photographer and as a bride who has been photographed professionally before I can tell the difference. I am from California and my fiancee' (now hubby) grew up and went to school in Pittsburgh, PA. I had never been to his hometown and I did extensive... Read More research on all the photographers in the area...many put up pretty looking websites with pictures of ring, shoes and food...which are all pretty easy to photograph since they don't move...it's when they have to shoot REAL people that it get's difficult. The lighting is soooo important and Maria-Angela has it all covered...it rained on our wedding day...but not to worry she is prepared for anything!! Easy to get along with, super cool but also VERY professional!! Having someone who tells suggests different poses (even if they feel silly at the time!! ) trust me you'll be glad later!! My only regret was that I didn't book her for the entire weekend!! My pictures are beyond amazing..thank you Maria (Ange!!)

Maria Ricci

I am a people pleaser at heart, an artist since the age of 12, and a wedding photographer since early 2008. I did my first wedding and was hooked. I fell in love with capturing emotions and heart felt moments and weddings were chalk full of them! You will laugh when you see the inner dork within me come out from a good candid or portrait. I absolutely love my job and blessed to be able to share the images I create with so many. I have spent almost ten years in this industry capturing weddings for clients from all over the world and can say I am still in as much love with it as I was on day one