Authentic, Vibrant, Moment-Driven.

I am a Certified Professional Photographer based in Boston, MA. I absolutely love people and love photographing them. When documenting weddings I look for raw emotions and real moments. My goal is to show the beauty and the dynamics of each couple in a vibrant, genuine, yet elegant way. I strive to make your day enjoyable and your photo memories vivid and telling a unique story of yours. Can't wait to hear your story!! Let's chat! People reviewed my work here https://www.yelp.com/biz/marina-baklanova-photography-newton and here https://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/marina-baklanova-photography-boston/983b7d42eaeee0fd.html

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

18 Rustic St,, Newton, MA Boston, New England and Beyond. (510) 512-3373

Reviewed on 4/11/2018 Dana M

Marina was beyond phenomenal as our wedding photographer! From first contact she was amazing, professional, and personable, answering questions before we knew we had them, and holding our hand as we fumbled through our wedding planning. Not only was she a joy to work with, but... Read More of course the photos from our engagement shoot and wedding day are gorgeous! She got a wonderful mix of prettily posed and lovely candid shots, perfectly capturing the beauty of the day. No joke: our guests were gushing about how great Marina was DURING the wedding, before even seeing the wonderful photos. The albums we ordered for our parents and ourselves and fantastic; high-quality and delivered with personal touches that went so far above and beyond anything we could have hoped for. We were incredibly, fantastically lucky to have Marina as our wedding photographer, and I would highly recommend her for any photography needs you may have! I can't imagine anyone that could have delivered a more wonderful experience and stellar result as our photographer.

2018-04-11T19:17:06 Response from the vendor

Dana, it was such an incredible honor for me to be there with you and Ian on both the day of your engagement shoot and on your wedding day! Knowing that Ian is a professional videographer put that little extra pressure on me and presented... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/07/2018 Sunny M

Marina is a fantastic photographer. I wish there were more stars on yelp to give her! Her attitude is completely professional with a healthy mix of friendliness and she always has a smile on her face. She very creative and has an eye for shots that the common photographer... Read More wouldn't dream of. It was a pleasure working with her, even in the harshest of weather she was fully prepared and smiled through everything. She really did make our experience magical! Highly recommended :)

2018-04-09T10:39:05 Response from the vendor

Hi Sunny! I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! I'm so grateful that you trusted me in that rain and snow, and that you were brave enough to go outside into the harsh weather to let me create some... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/15/2018 Hilary K

Marina is literally THE best photographer I've ever worked with. I had a unique vision in my mind that other photographers in the area were nervous they wouldn't be able to pull off. After three photographers said they couldn't do the job I wanted, Marina said yes. Her aesthetic... Read More vision and talent blew me away. She captured our save the date photo perfectly within the first two attempts and the rest of our engagement photos are so stellar that we struggled to even choose which ones to purchase! Highly recommend Marina.

Reviewed on 4/14/2018

My fiancee and i were looking for a photographer to capture our wedding and came across this magazine featuring the best local photographers. Upon going through it, a particular picture stroke us as being the most beautiful. No wonder why it was chosen for the cover! The photo... Read More was credited to Marina Baklanova Photography. Without hesitating, my fiancee looked at me and said: "I want this photographer for our wedding!"...We got in touch with Marina, chatted with her, and she turned out to be a wonderful person with an easy-going personality in addition of being a highly-skilled professional. All in all, hiring Marina is the 2nd best decision my fiancee has ever made. Of course, her best decision ever was marrying me ;)

Reviewed on 4/09/2018 Anna S

Marina was very professional and super responsive. She took care of all the necessary supplies and accessories. I highly recommend Marina to everyone who is planning to have a wedding, either a small event or a huge one.

2018-04-11T19:24:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Anna, for your review! I had such fun time participating in planning and coordinating your elopement! Love it that you cherish your wedding pictures and your beautiful album.

Reviewed on 4/07/2018

Marina was a pleasure to work with, and I couldn’t have been happier with our wedding photos. I would definitely recommend her to others!

2018-04-09T10:31:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your kind review, Ashley! That means a lot!!

Reviewed on 4/02/2018 Gabriela S

Marina has taken pictures of several important events in our lives: my then boyfriend's birthday party, our engagement pictures, our civil wedding at Stanford and finally our wedding party in Oaxaca, Mexico. For all occasions Marina was professional, dedicated and produced... Read More amazing results. She has a knack for knowing when to guide the situation and when to completely disappear to capture truly candid moments. For our civil ceremony at Stanford, we got everyone together to take a group picture. Another friend of ours decided he wanted to take a picture of the group from the opposite point of view and had everyone turn around- Marina took advantage of the situation and snapped some pictures. These paired photos- everyone facing the camera and then everyone facing away- are my favorite from that day, but they happened spontaneously. Before the wedding in Mexico, Marina sent us a detailed questionnaire and met with us to discuss how the flow of events would go. We had a cocktail the day before the wedding, which presented a special challenge, since we all went out into the wet Oaxaca streets at night and every guest had a torch- but Marina captured the moment brilliantly, and just looking at the pictures, I feel like I am there again. Early the next day, Marina met up with my mother, mother in law and I to go to the hair and makeup session- she took pictures of all of us for about 3 hours- some of my favorite images come from this time. She took fantastic pictures of me while I was getting ready and rushed to where Martin was preparing. I have no idea how Marina was able to be everywhere, but I feel I have pictures from different vantage points and of everyone who attended the wedding. She captured the banda music, the ceremony (she has a great picture where all the guests are laughing), the trio during lunch, the amazing food, the speeches and the party. She captured the fact that it rained all day and that we had a blast despite of it. We could not have been happier with a photographer. Now the only problem is selecting which of the many fantastic pictures to print out!

2018-04-03T18:37:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your feedback, Gaby! So happy you love your wedding pictures! Honestly, I enjoyed every minute of your celebrations! What wonderful times!!

Marina

Hi, I am Marina. Most days you can find me taking care of my two little kids and my best friend (=husband). I ❤️ serving the world by freezing time and documenting the real moments happening in people's lives, those moments that gain meaning especially once they are lived through. I am mostly known as a wedding lifestyle photographer . The things I'm most passionate about in life are traveling the world, winter sports ⛷⛸, water sports , yoga, chocolate , balloons and theme parks. Love trumps hate, real-life trumps perfect, and a day with family and friends trumps any day spent alone.