Instruments

Live Music, Music

9408 La Puente Dr., Austin, TX (512) 919-4453

Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 Melanie M

Mark was suggested by our wedding planner and he was wonderful, I highly recommend him

Beautiful music

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Cindy L

Our venue recommended Mark for ceremony music and we were amazed when we visited his website. He is such a talented guitarist and composer. We booked him for both the ceremony and reception (brunch wedding so we wanted to keep the vibe mellow and Austin-y). We couldn't have made... Read More a better choice as it turned out just how we wanted it to! Mark is very prompt to reply to e-mails and flexible as well, which I really appreciated. You definitely cannot go wrong with Mark!

Gifted Musician

Reviewed on 6/19/2011 Katherine S

Mark Anthony Cruz was an awesome musician for our wedding and reception. We picked out selected music for our ceremony and then asked for Mark's opinion about flow, etc. Mark is so experienced and such a professional, that we left it to him as to what he played for ceremony... Read More prelude music, as well as at the reception. Many of the guests commented on how much they enjoyed his music, as did we! As for our one included special request, we asked Mark to play and sing "All I Want Is You" by Barry Louis Polisar from the Juno soundtrack. He replied that he would have to learn the song, but it was no problem. It turned out great, and he sung it in lieu of one of the readings during our ceremony. Due to some unforeseen staffing changes at our reception venues, we had to change our plan slightly and Mark was great about rolling with the changes. The only slight problem I had was with Mark's responsiveness at the very beginning when I was trying to initially get hold of him. However, it was the beginning of the semester at Texas State where Mark is a professor, so I kind of chalked up the lack of responsiveness to the flurry of start-of-semester activity, because all the rest of the time he was great about responding. Having taught a college course myself, I know how busy it can be. I was just really sold on Mark's talent and ability after listening to samples on the internet and I just couldn't see hiring anyone else.

Beautiful music, beautiful person

Reviewed on 1/18/2011 virginia C

Mark Cruz plays so beautifully, that a single guitar is all you need for your ceremony and cocktail hour. He has a great repetoire and a variety of styles (Spanish, classical, rock songs, etc...) and on top of it, he is such a sweet and gentle presence that really brings great... Read More warmth to the room.

The perfect soundtrack for my ceremony

Reviewed on 1/07/2011 Marissa W

Mark was great! He was timely, professional, and a beautiful (yet discreet) addition to my small ceremony. More than that, though, Mark is incredibly talented. We heard his name from the wedding coordinator at one of the locations we looked at. After hearing his clips on his... Read More website, I was sold on the idea of having a classical guitarist play for my ceremony. So, I started searching online for other classical guitarists. I couldn't find anyone as talented as Mark. Given the chance, I would choose him again in a heartbeat.

Mark Anthony Cruz--classical guitar

Reviewed on 11/28/2010 Sherri S

Mark played the music for our wedding ceremony. Our wedding was heartfelt and beautiful, in part because of Mark's sensitive and moving music. He was easy to communicate with via email, and he worked with our requests. Highly recommended!

easy to work with

Reviewed on 8/11/2010 Lauren T

Mark was easy to work with and we knew we could trust him to play songs appropriate for our style. I was set on a song for my bridemaids to walk down the aisle to and he learned it, adapting the available sheet music for guitar without an additional charge. Although I can't... Read More honestly say I remember much from the ceremony many of our guests commented on the beautiful music. Mark made the process easy and everything was completed via email which was easy for scheduling. We would definitely recommend him!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Martha H

Our ceremony music was beautiful and original... just what we wanted. The classic guitar was traditional with a Texas twist. Mark was easy to work with and delivered exactly what we were looking for.

Very talented guitarist

Reviewed on 6/30/2010 KARI T

Mark's touch of classical guitar at my ceremony made all the difference. He is super talented and creates an amazing feeling with his sounds. Hire him to add that extra bit of elegance to your ceremony - well worth it. I highly recommend Mark. -Kari Trecker Pena

Review for Mark Anthony Cruz

Reviewed on 12/19/2008 Julie P

Mark is a very laid back classical guitarist. Our outside riverfront setting was a great place to have Marks' music played. We had him do traditional stuff during the ceremony and more fun and spanish music during the reception.