Natural outdoor photography for fun-loving couples

My approach is a more natural and laid-back journalistic style. My easy-going personality helps create an environment where you can relax and be yourselves - and have fun! I excel at capturing the scenery and feel of your location while still showcasing you and your personalities. I bring over 13 years of wedding experience into my work so I have the skills needed to do an amazing job in any location. I am very keen to provide outstanding service during the whole process and to make my contribution to your wedding day a memorable one. My work has been recently published in the 2016 Colorado Weddings Magazine, featured on Luxe Mountain Weddings, Offbeat Bride and COUTUREcolorado Weddings.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Sarah E

Amazing photographer! Once you book with Mark for your wedding, you will not be disappointed!! We booked Mark for both our engagement and wedding photography, and were absolutely THRILLED with the results from both! We've gotten so many compliments from our friends and family on... Read More our wedding pictures; my dad even kept remarking what a talented photographer Mark was while looking through our album! Mark is so easy to work with and understood exactly what kind of pictures we wanted, which made everything that much easier on our big day. I honestly cannot say enough good things about Mark, he truly is the best out there!!

2017-11-07T10:59:39 Response from the vendor

Aw, shucks, Sarah! Each time I read this I feel like the luckiest person to be able to do what I do. You guys are so great that I was happy to spend my birthday with you!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Chelsea M

Mark is an extremely talented photographer and a total pleasure to work with. Very relaxed, calm, and friendly, yet able to be assertive - giving good direction and staying focused to keep things moving. We are completely in love with our wedding photos, and feel so fortunate... Read More Mark was there to capture our special day.

2017-11-07T11:01:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jerica! I was the lucky one, so the feeling is definitely mutual!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 whitney c

Mark is not just an amazing photographer, but a wonderful person to have around on your special day.The first thing we realized when we met Mark was how genuinely kind he is. For your wedding, you want someone who is not only helping take photos, but someone who is celebrating... Read More the day with you and is excited for you. Mark was absolutely that person. He was a great communicator and wanted to know what was important to us throughout the day. He was very flexible and always had our interests in mind.The photos blew everyone away, especially us. What a gift! I have recommended Mark to numerous friends and will continue to do so. Thank you Mark!!

2017-11-07T11:05:07 Response from the vendor

Even though I am responding to your review 2 years later (oops), I want to say that your wedding is still very memorable. Your trust in me is a big part of why I love my job and continue to strive to provide the best... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Annie S

We were so pleased with Mark and the excellent work he did shooting our July 4th wedding. We interviewed a few other photographers as we were planning the wedding but felt none of them were willing to think outside their style to what was important to us. Mark was helpful as we... Read More navigated the day and decided what we wanted. He listened to what was important to us and captured our day in a way that was meaningful. The photos are beautiful and exactly what we wanted: lots of candid photos, very natural and unassuming. Yet at the same time he captured amazing shots of the scenery and details. He was laid back the day of and unobtrusive. It was natural to work with him and have him around for such intimate and emotional moments throughout the day. We got our album as well and love it. We would highly recommend Mark!

2017-11-06T21:45:48 Response from the vendor

It was an amazing day, Annie! I'm so happy that you found me and had me along for the ride! Thanks again, Mark

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Abby L

Mark did an incredible job capturing our wedding. We were so happy with everything he did, and every single photo came back perfect. We had the opportunity to do an engagement session with him, and it was an excellent chance to get to know one another and how we worked... Read More together. It was great to see how the photos came back and to get a feel for his style, which was exactly what we were hoping for! Leading up to the wedding he was incredibly responsive and got back to us right away with any questions (much more responsive than I was to emails at that point!). He worked with us to make sure we had every detail in place and that we were all on the same page. We had a meeting a couple days before the wedding, which was really helpful in knowing that we were ready! Day of, Mark was a huge help in my getting ready process since he knew how everything should go and where he should be at pretty much every moment. He was able to capture both myself and my husband as we were getting ready in different areas, and got great photos of us with our wedding parties. He also encouraged me to start putting my dress on earlier than what I was told, which turned out to be a great call since it took forever! There are some things you don’t know, having never had a wedding before, that Mark knows all about since he’s done this a million times! That was really helpful and encouraging to have a presence who knew what was going on. He captured everything about the getting ready that I was hoping for, including a last-minute ring photo request and lots of gorgeous dress photos. During the ceremony I honestly did not even notice he was there, yet when we got the photos back he had captured everything! He really knows which shots you’ll want to see later, such as shots of the audience, shots of the whole wedding party standing with the officiant, and plenty of just the two of us. He also really captured the feel of the venue, during the ceremony and throughout the day! The reception photos were also perfect. He captured all the little details and decorations I had put in that I didn’t even really notice myself! The day was such a blur for me so it was incredibly nice to be able to look back later and see the centerpieces, the favors, etc. All the big moments such as toasts, first dance, cake cutting, and parent dances he captured perfectly. As well as the rest of the time dancing! In addition, we had two sessions of couple photos that came out absolutely stunning. One was a shot that I’d known I wanted since the day we booked the venue, under a tree that was strung with a ton of lights. Day of, a section of the lights went out, and Mark even photoshopped that picture so that you can’t tell the lights are out, and gave us that copy in addition to the original. I was so grateful for that!! After the wedding, the photos came back to us in an online gallery, and we had the option to download any or all of them, and to share with family and friends! The printed copies came back looking amazing. We had an online meeting to design our photo book, although Mark did all the work on that! We loved all the design choices he made. We just got our photo book back and it looks incredible! It’s such a perfect way to display our favorite photos and to be able to relive the story of our wedding day through pictures. Overall I was incredibly impressed with every aspect of Mark’s work and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

2017-11-06T22:29:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Abby! I'm thrilled that you had such an amazing experience with me!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Brittani S

Amazing photographer! Mark is calm, organized, down to earth, and knows his stuff! We felt at ease with Mark from the moment we met him, and trusted his expertise. He was very easy to work with, to get a hold of, and answered all of my crazy questions. Once our wedding day... Read More arrived, he was early, and made everything look seamless. We ADORE our photographs, and he even is putting together an album for us (which we can't wait to see). He has an eye, especially for candid photos, and is incredibly talented!

2017-11-07T10:49:47 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Brittani! You guys are awesome, and were great to work with too!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Brittney B

Mark is amazing!!! Not only is he incredibly nice and professional, but his photographs are hands down breath taking! He captures beauty from anywhere! I couldn’t ask for anyone better. His pictures are natural and simple. His panoramic photos are also amazing! You will not be... Read More disappointed with Mark on your team. Thank you so much Mark! Brandon and I couldn’t be happier!

2017-10-21T10:22:54 Response from the vendor

It's great to hear you loved your experience with me, Brittney! It was lots of fun working with you and your fur babies. And the rainbow on your wedding day topped it all off!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Jennifer T

Mark goes above and beyond being your “photographer”, he’s a partner to help your moment be its best. He not only has a creative eye but an incredibly positive attitude. We selected Mark to be our wedding photographer. During the process of selecting a photographer, he was... Read More transparent and honest about how his style. It truly was a perfect match. Mark is hard working and responds to any “off the cuff” questions that comes his way. He’s dedicated to his craft and his work shows it. We were so calm during our wedding because we knew Mark was capturing every moment and making us comfortable, which is critical during an important life event! Mark works very well with videographers. In fact, our two videographers and Mark took a completely awesome photo in the photo booth at the end of the night – great memory!!

2017-11-07T10:54:32 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy I was able to help you be more relaxed on your wedding day! That's a big part of why I feel my photos look so natural and authentic. You and Tim were a blast to work with and I couldn't be more... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Kim B

Amazingly beautiful photos. Mark was calm and professional. There are gorgeous shots from the ceremony that I don't know how he got them. I never saw him! Highly recommended!

2017-11-07T11:06:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, Kim! I swear I was there for your ceremony. That's maybe why some people have described me as a ninja. :)

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Christine W

Where to even begin! My husband and I got married last October in Estes Park. Months prior to our wedding, we met Mark at a local coffee shop to discuss his style as a photographer and view some of his portfolios. He was upfront about his preferred photography style. He stated... Read More that he was present when needed to be, but behind the scenes most of time. He appreciated the beauty and honesty of candid photography, and felt that it truly captured the sentiments of the day. My husband and I felt the same, so we elected to have Mark as our photographer. He was helpful, communicative, organized, and thorough in the months leading to our wedding. He graciously answered the array of questions we had and instilled a level of confidence in us that he had it covered. The day of our wedding was magical; Mark captured the essence of our joy, excitement, and anxiousness perfectly. He was able to get through family photos efficiently yet never wavered from making us feel that every moment was special. His photos throughout the evening were candid and touching. Mark’s photography abilities and vision are profound, and his work speaks for itself. We loved that our wedding photo portfolio had an equal amount, if not more, of candid and ‘un-orchestrated’ photos as formal photos. That said, our formal photos were absolutely stunning. Mark was diligent and communicative in the weeks following and returned our photos quickly. My husband and I are so grateful for Mark’s sincerity, kind and thoughtful nature, and of course our gorgeous photos. We plan to recommend him to all our family and friends!

2017-11-07T11:10:37 Response from the vendor

Wow, what can I say? I am truly humbled by this, Christine. This is everything I strive for with each wedding I do, which makes it so rewarding every time it comes together so perfectly.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Michelle W

We were extremely happy with Mark and our wedding photos. Our wedding was fairly non-traditional (no bridal party, no florist, DQ ice cream cake, etc) and Mark was extremely flexible in terms of using a portion of our photography time during the wedding day to take some... Read More engagement-esque photos in various locations (since we did not have a separate engagement shoot). He was a great sport and helped capture some stunning photos near Mt Quandary - I'll never forget watching him and my husband-to-be in a suit, lugging a canoe we found over to a lake just so we could capture that perfect shot. His laid back attitude will put you at ease!

2017-04-19T22:50:46 Response from the vendor

I will always remember lugging that canoe, and crossing that sketchy bridge made out of aluminum siding (you did amazingly well in your heels, btw). You guys were a blast to photograph! It was a perfect day - congrats again!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017

Mark is a great photographer. He did not make it awkward like some photographers have in the past, and he was able to get the shots we were looking for and then some. I am not a fan of getting photos taken but he made them pretty painless. My wife and I didn’t know where we... Read More wanted to have our engagements photos taken and Mark had some great suggestions that turned out great. Highly recommend!

2017-04-08T23:51:17 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your feedback! My goal is to make your experience fun and not feel like a chore, so it sounds like I accomplished that.

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Nick L

Mark is a spectacular photographer and I can't be happier with our choice in going with him. He is courteous and helpful and his work speaks for itself. I can't say enough good things about him and as you can probably tell from all the other reviews he is top notch. He brought a... Read More ton of experience and suggestions to the table and worked closely with us to achieve what we wanted. In today's world with so many options to choose from I feel like service is definitely a big selling point and Mark offers that. If you're looking for great photography and excellent service you've found him.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Katie B

"Mark is amazing! He is very passionate about what he does and also has an eye for mind blowing photos! He hit a home run with us and we will forever enjoy the wonderful memories he captured for us!"

2016-11-03T20:31:28 Response from the vendor

I really appreciate that, Katie! So glad I could hit it out of the park for you. :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Nate L

Mark is OUT OF THIS WORLD. I cannot believe how well he captured not only our day but the incredible scenery high in the San Juan's. After looking at the photos, it occurred to me that we weren't just paying for wedding photos, his work is truly artwork that we can treasure... Read More forever. WELL worth the spend!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Whitney H

Best photographer EVER!! Mark did our engagement photos, family photos before the wedding, and our wedding photos. He did an absolutely amazing job and everyone loves all of our photos. Mark was great at getting back to us, helped us pick locations (I suggest letting him pick... Read More because he has some great hidden gems), and captured great moments. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him especially if you like great scenery.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Amanda M

Mark was a fantastic photographer to work with! We'd never met before the day of and he quickly put me at ease in the middle of the most hectic day of my life, and started snapping away at everything that was important. I lost track of him during the ceremony and reception, but... Read More a few weeks later, when we got our pictures back, I was stunned with everything he managed to capture. He was everywhere! I went back and forth on whether to hire one photographer or two, and can honestly tell you after looking at Mark's photos- he could've been two people. When so many wedding photographers, especially in Colorado it seems, are so expensive, simply to make themselves seem more desirable, Mark is fantastically priced and I got absolutely every picture I wanted.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Ben F

Mark was an absolute pleasure to work with! He is a very talented photographer with tons of good ideas for photos and a keen eye for composition. He did a great job of combining his style/expertise with our preferences and ideas to compile a set of photos that was really perfect... Read More for us. He did our engagement photo shoot last fall and our wedding this summer, and we couldn't be happier with the result of both. He got a second photographer for the wedding (bigger group) and she was also great. For our outdoor Colorado wedding we would very happily recommend Mark to anyone without any reservations!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Matt R

Mark's webpage and reviews speak for themselves, but we would echo all of the great things that everyone has already said. I had Mark secretly photograph my proposal, my wife had no idea he was even there. We were blown away by how beautiful the photos turned out. He also took... Read More our engagement photos. We had an idea of the type of background that we wanted, and Mark suggested the perfect place. Friends and family commented that the scenery was so beautiful that it looked unreal. Finally, he took pictures for our wedding. By then we knew to expect something pretty great. We received the photos today, and they again exceeded our expectations. Not only does Mark have an excellent photographic eye, but he is a very nice person who is easy-going and easy to communicate with. Mark was very receptive and listened to what we wanted, but also spoke up with his ideas and suggestions - which gave us amazing photos. Having used him for three different occasions in the past six months, we would, hands-down, recommend him. His pictures were consistently awesome, and he is a nice person who is very easy to work with.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Jerica M

Mark is amazing in every way that you would want a wedding photographer to be! He was extremely communicative and even Skyped with us since I was planning a wedding from out of state. On the day of the wedding he was a calm presence and even in an intimate wedding he was a ninja... Read More photographer that was able to capture breathtaking pictures. We recently had our wedding album go live and from start to finish Mark has made the whole experience effortless.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

Our experience with Mark exceeded our expectations. Mark's photos were amazing, capturing the true emotion of our special day. His professionalism, manner and energy helped us create some of the most beautiful photos of us together that we have ever had. It was a real joy to... Read More work with Mark. He is a true artist. The entire process, from the initial consultation to ordering the final product, was a stress free collaboration. We are confident that Mark was the perfect photographer for us. We highly recommend Mark Creery Photography.

Reviewed on 1/26/2016

We were so pleased with Mark and all he did. Our photos were amazing and we have had so many complements on them. We enjoyed his style of photography and never felt like we were in a photo studio, we were able to enjoy our day and still capture it Marks photography. Our album... Read More was a huge success and will be a joy to view not just for ourselves but for friends and family for years to come.

Reviewed on 12/13/2015

Mark Creery Photography is fantastic, to say the least. My (now) wife and I could not be more pleased with his work. We purchased a package deal with Mark Creery Photography that included engagement photos as well as wedding photos, and after all was said and done we walked... Read More away very satisfied with the results. Before purchasing the package, Mark even took the time to meet with my wife and I to see if we would like working with him. We were very impressed, and from then on our expectations were exceeded every step of the way. My wife is very passionate about photography, so to find a photographer that really impressed her was huge. Thanks to Mark, there was no added stress around the wedding of having to worry if the photos would turn out well, or wondering how he would navigate the big event and working with our family. We had full confidence in him, especially after having worked with him for our engagement photos and seeing the results. Mark really went above and beyond for us. He is very professional, easy to work with, and has a great eye for capturing the moment; all of which are very important qualities when you’re considering capturing important events in your life such as getting engaged and married.

2015-12-13T20:59:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the amazing review! I'm so happy I could exceed your expectations!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Anahi H

Mark took our engagement pictures. We just moved to Wyoming so we didn't know any photographers in the area. Then I saw Mark's work online and knew he was the one. He was very flexible and answered all my questions. Mark did a fabulous job and everyone loved our pictures!... Read More Anahi & Daniel

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

We could not have been happier working with Mark. Not only was he willing to drive to Wyoming for our wedding but he planned with us ahead of time to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. It did not take him long to learn our personalities and adapt to fit our style. The... Read More experience was great and the pictures are beautiful!!

Mark Creery

I have been a full-time wedding photographer since 2008 and have photographed 165 weddings. I am a passionate dad to my two year old daughter and a doting husband. I like to take advantage of any free time I have to do something active, like hiking, biking, skiing, running, tennis, and yoga. Thanks for taking some time to find out more about me!