Mark Davidson Photography

I’m a pair of broken in Sperry’s, a checkered bowtie, and a bottle of Sam’s Seasonal. I’m inspired by natural light, clean design and “can’t live without you kind of love.” My goal is to create timeless images that beautifully tell the story of your day and document your real love story.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

365 Somner Street , Boston, MA (440) 915-3583

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Megan W

Mark was the best decision we made for our wedding day. We wanted a laid back approach to photos, with minimal posing and portraits- it was important for us to capture the real smiles and feelings of the day. Mark caught all of the candid smiles and more, and still managed to... Read More give us the "check list" of family portraits- which still felt natural and beautiful. I would hire Mark again in a minute. Everyone who looks at our pictures remarks on how impressive it was for him to capture such expressions of happiness. I'd hire Mark again in a second for any event as he not only is a great photographer but a great person to do business with.

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Tara S

Mark is seriously the best! I can't imagine having a better photographer for our special day. I wanted a very specific style for my wedding photos - photojournalist with lots of candid shots and natural lighting. Mark went above and beyond my expectations. The pictures are... Read More stunning and he captured so many perfect little details. His second shooter, Steve, was also awesome. My husband and I loved working with both of them and cannot recommend them enough! They made our day extra special and I'm so thankful for all of the beautiful photos and memories I have. Thanks guys! We wish you the absolute best!

Beautiful, classic photography & wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 3/09/2013 Jillian W

Mark was terrific. He was a bit of a splurge for our budget but well worth the price, we love our photos. His style is very classic, don't insult or waste his talent by asking for those kitschy shots. His photos captured the emotions of the day and make everyone look beautiful-... Read More I have probably the best photo anyone will ever take of me now hanging on my wall due to his expertise. He is a young guy which was easy to relate to, which made working with him fun and easy. The day of, he rolled with the punches-we didn't want a ton of giant family photos, and yet the families emerged from cocktail hour...All in all he was a great choice for us and worth every penny. If we ever had to plan it all again, he would certainly still be our photographer.

Reviewed on 2/20/2018 Erin C

I am absolutely in LOVE with every single photo from my wedding thanks to Mark. His calming presence shows in each picture as my husband and I felt extremely comfortable around him. He also has an impeccable eye for story telling through photos. If you're looking for a... Read More photographer that will allow you to look back on the fairytale that is your wedding, I would HIGHLY recommend Mark!

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 jennifer F

Hiring Mark was one of the best decisions of my wedding. His photos amazing. He captures the emotion of the day so so well. He is so in tune with everything going on in the day, it was such a joy to have him. He is so professional with everything leading up to the day, the... Read More day, and has an amazing turn around time!!! I was so pleased with all my photos. It was like Makr knew who my “people” were outside of the bridal party without even having to tell him. He captured pictures of all the right people and got all the right moments. He’s creative and listens to what you want!! And he makes sure you get what you want!!! So happy!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Christina C

Mark is amazing - from the moment we booked him we knew it was a perfect fit. His style of photography is capturing real life moments as they happen, and that's ultimately what made us decide to work with him. His work is beautiful and he is a super nice, friendly guy. He made... Read More everyone feel so comfortable and honestly at some points I forgot he was there! Our wedding was this past weekend and I have seen a couple sneak peek photos which I am obsessed with, and CANNOT WAIT to see the rest! You will not regret booking him for your upcoming wedding, we are so happy we chose to work with him and we will cherish the moments he captured forever. Thank you, Mark!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Alyssa S

My husband and I were so happy to have Mark capture the special moments of our wedding day. We chose Mark to photograph our wedding, not only because he was willing to work with our budget, but because of the artistry in his photographs… Mark is able to capture raw emotion in... Read More the best light, with the best angles. We were so happy to relive the memories of the day with his beautiful photographs.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Meghan K

We just got the link to our pictures, and they are BEAUTIFUL. Mark was perfectly professional throughout the entire day, guiding us through the posed pictures and blending into the crowd with his fun and easygoing personality. He was a pleasure to work with, and his photographs... Read More are stunning.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jade R

We loved working with Mark for our wedding. He was able to capture the day with wonderful images and get them back to us extremely quickly. He got all the important moments without being obtrusive. He was communicative and we were able to capture the pictures that were important... Read More to us without taking to much time from our guests. I would absolutely recommend working with him. I can't wait to hang some pictures on our wall.

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Julia D

Fantastic to work with and stunning photographs! I cannot say enough good things about Mark and his second shooter for my wedding and engagement shoot. He was so responsive, kind, and made us feel at ease in front of the camera. Everyone has complimented us on our pictures and... Read More how awesome they were, from other vendors, to our friends and family. Now that we've gotten our pictures back (so fast I might add...) there are so many gorgeous ones we don't know where to start choosing our favorites to have printed. I will definitely tell everyone to hire Mark to be their wedding photographer.!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Kathleen C

I could not be happier with not just the pictures, but the moments Mark was able to capture. The pure joy, the candidness, the emotion that he was able to grab is beyond talented. I am forever grateful for his work, it speaks for itself but I had to write a RAVING review on... Read More his behalf. He will be documenting my sister-in-law's wedding next year and I can't wait to see those pictures. Thank you so much Mark! You are truly amazing!! Kathleen & Mike Flanagan

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Carolyn V

Mark is the BEST! I am so happy with our decision to hire him as our photographer for our wedding over Memorial Day weekend. He was prompt in all his responses leading up to our wedding day, and also just made things easy-- for example, his payment process was so smooth in that... Read More it is all automated and you can use a credit card. You even receive reminders when you have an upcoming payment due. It's a somewhat little thing but I found myself wishing other vendors had similar payment setups! Day of, Mark was on time and came to two locations--first to shoot some getting ready photos and then to the venue. He is the perfect choice for any couples who want a photographer that doesn't try to run the day-- he steps in where necessary to make sure he gets the shots you agreed upon, but somehow stays in the background (while getting all the right pictures). I got my edited pictures back much faster than expected and they are gorgeous. Overall, I can't recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Heather T

I had no idea where to start with photo lists or anything so went to a meeting with Mark and was very overwhelming. He handled it with humor and grace. He put us immediately at ease and braved the freeeeeezing cold to take some amazing photos for my husband and I. All day and... Read More night, he was snapping photos and they all were amazing. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Carrie A

Mark was great to work with! He was in contact with us leading up to the wedding to go over the types of photos we wanted, and on the day of the wedding he was a pleasure to work with. My husband and I had a great time looking through the pictures - there were so many fun... Read More candid ones, and the posed pictures of us and our families were beautiful. Mark got them to us quickly (10 days after the wedding!), and when I showed them to family and friends, everyone was impressed with the quality. I would highly recommend Mark, he was professional, easy to work with, and did a fantastic job at our wedding.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Jenna R

I can't say enough wonderful things about Mark! He captured our day just as I remembered it. He is professional, extremely talented, creative, enthusiastic and a really nice guy (a total plus). He captures those little moments that you only hope to remember and see. Mark... Read More brought a second shooter with him for the day of our wedding who was also fantastic. They worked very well together and I honestly didn't even notice they were there with us most of the time. I feel lucky that I stumbled upon a review that said all these things about Mark (and more) back when I was planning. Not to mention, he turned our photos around in 2 weeks! I was shocked and amazed! He was hands down one of the best decisions I made for our wedding!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Anil T

Mark was a dream to work with. He is easy going and wants to make sure that he captures all the moments that are most important to the couple. From the moment, we met with him, we knew we found our photographer. He is down to earth, fun and friendly. At the wedding many... Read More people commented how smoothly he flowed into the event and was out of site while doing the job. He was great! The photos were all we could have hoped for! Mark was able to capture the essence of our entire event and we have too many good photos to choose from. Now we are going to work on putting together an album with him. Bottom line, hire Mark!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Sarah F

My wife and I hired Mark to photograph our farm-ish wedding (Groton MA, Oct 2016) and he did a fantastic job! We skipped a bunch of the traditional wedding stuff but we wanted to make sure that we didn’t skimp on photography and we couldn’t have been happier with our choice.... Read More Our ceremony and reception were intimate (~20 people) and he really captured the joy and closeness of the guests. He also had an excellent eye for landscape and found ways to incorporate us into it strikingly. Mark is omnipresent and unobtrusive, even in a group of 20. Bottom line: if you’re considering Mark, make the move! We can’t recommend him highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Carly P

I cannot recommend Mark Davidson enough. From our first conversation to our engagement session to our wedding day, Mark has been extremely approachable, helpful, gracious with his time and especially on our wedding day, helped to make sure that everything was going smoothly and... Read More that the groom and I were relaxed and having fun. Most importantly, Mark is amazing at what he does and takes the most incredible photos. Everyone who has seen our engagement photos and the photos from our wedding has said they’re some of the best they’ve ever seen and we could not be happier with them. My three younger sisters all said that they officially NEED Mark to be a part of their weddings whenever those days come.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Laura P

Mark and his second shooter, Rick, were a joy to work with. Mark and I had a great rapport from the first time we spoke; he listed to what we were looking for and made sure we had follow up conversations as we got closer to our big day. We felt completely at ease with Mark from... Read More the moment we met, even though we didn't have the opportunity for an engagement shoot together, since we live out of state. We had some complicated family dynamics to worth through, and Mark and his team were completely respectful and made everyone feel comfortable day-of. And when it rained (a LOT) on our wedding day, Mark got creative and still got us beautiful images, including some outdoor shots that he hustled through (while still providing great quality) when the weather cleared up for less than an hour. He also was willing to stand in the rain to get us some great photos. Mark's journalistic style really helped capture the emotion and fun of our day, and our guests have been raving about the images--a friend is even looking into booking him for her wedding next summer because of the quality product. Mark also provided our images in less than a month, which I've never heard of! We are following up with a few photoshop requests, but we're really please with the product we received. A photographer is something we were willing to spend money on, but we were thrilled to find Mark, who provided a great experience, beautiful images at a very reasonable rate.

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Allison B

Mark is wonderfully talented and a true professional. He made us feel at ease and took gorgeous photos of us without all the goofy fuss you see most photographers put couples through. Our photos are stunning and he exceeded our expectations.

Wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Mia C

Like many other reviewers, we chose Mark for his photojournalistic approach. We wanted a photographer who documented our wedding day as it naturally unfolded, rather than focusing on posed shots. Mark was incredibly unobtrusive from the moment he arrived at the house where I was... Read More getting ready with my mother, to the moment he left the reception. He put everyone around him at ease and we barely noticed his presence, even during the most personal moments of the day. We had a June wedding on Martha’s Vineyard with thunderstorms for the first half of the day and rain during our outdoor ceremony, followed by a clear, beautiful evening and sunset. With 100% chance of thunderstorms in the forecast, we decided to rent a tent for the ceremony and our rental company forgot to bring lighting. Despite the challenging circumstances, Mark and his assistant remained calm and captured nice photos of our dimly lit ceremony, beautiful portraits of me and my husband and many joyful candids throughout the day. Mark swept us away from the reception at dusk when the lighting outside was perfect and took some amazing shots we will treasure. We would definitely hire Mark again!

Wonderful photos & great to work with!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Carol H

Mark was a pleasure to work with from the start - he was friendly and professional, quick to respond, and took amazing photos. I highly recommend him!

Great Photos!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

As the groom, I heard from my buddies who have already gone through their own weddings how nightmarish photos can be if you don't have a photographer who is on the same page as you. Mark was great at feeling out how we were as a couple. We did a quick walk around town and were... Read More thrilled with the final results of the photos. Mark did a great job of documenting the wedding through his photos. He walked around the wedding taking many photos - but when the time came for us to view we were not overwhelmed with the number. We definitely recommend Mark - he has got an aesthetic eye and provided us with great images to remember our special day the rest of our lives.

Great wedding photographer

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Cristina J

Mark Davidson photographed my wedding at the Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel in Boston in May of 2015. He was timely, professional, and took beautiful photographs the entire day. He was so unobtrusive it was easy to forget he was there- which made for the best candid shots. The... Read More photos he took of me and my husband in the public garden are stunning- he captured the scenery, color, light, and love perfectly. Everyone remarked how gorgeous the photos turned out. I would highly recommend Mark.

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 lauren c