Mark Davidson Photography

I’m a pair of broken in Sperry’s, a checkered bowtie, and a bottle of Sam’s Seasonal. I’m inspired by natural light, clean design and “can’t live without you kind of love.” My goal is to create timeless images that beautifully tell the story of your day and document your real love story.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

365 Somner Street , Boston, MA (440) 915-3583

Beyond happy with our decision to hire Mark!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Annie M

We are so happy that we chose Mark to document our wedding in Duxbury, MA. He was the first and only photographer we met with and I could tell from that first meeting that he is incredibly passionate about what he does. We chose him not only because of his photography style and... Read More clearly evident talent, but also because his priorities are exactly in line with ours. We wanted someone who could capture the emotion of the day and document everything as it occurred naturally and it was clear to us that Mark does exactly this. He also told us that he focuses on the people and the interactions and exchanges that occur between loved ones at a wedding. We met with Mark a few weeks before the wedding and spent the evening getting to know each other and going through a few logistical things. He really focused on getting to know us, which we appreciated and probably helped him to understand our priorities for the wedding photos. On our wedding day, he did not disappoint!! He was such a pleasure to work with and I immediately felt relaxed in his presence. As other reviewers have commented, you forget he is there, but he was still attentive enough to respond to any requests we had. We just saw the first few "teaser" photos and are absolutely blown away by how beautiful they are and by how expertly he captured the joy and emotion of the day. We cannot wait to see the entire collection!! I only wish I could have another occasion to hire him again. Highly recommended!!

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 4/02/2013 Sarah M

We chose Mark based on his photojournalistic style and were not disappointed. As many other reviews have stated, you barely know that he's there during the wedding, he blends in and somehow is everywhere at the same time. He did a great job capturing the guest, the church, the... Read More venue, and us. The comments we got from guests were that the pictures looked straight out of a magazine. He was incredibly easy to work with and responsive, which we needed in 6 months we were planning in. Highly recommend Mark for capturing your wedding day!

Beautiful, classic photography & wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 3/09/2013 Jillian W

Mark was terrific. He was a bit of a splurge for our budget but well worth the price, we love our photos. His style is very classic, don't insult or waste his talent by asking for those kitschy shots. His photos captured the emotions of the day and make everyone look beautiful-... Read More I have probably the best photo anyone will ever take of me now hanging on my wall due to his expertise. He is a young guy which was easy to relate to, which made working with him fun and easy. The day of, he rolled with the punches-we didn't want a ton of giant family photos, and yet the families emerged from cocktail hour...All in all he was a great choice for us and worth every penny. If we ever had to plan it all again, he would certainly still be our photographer.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Carrie A

Mark was great to work with! He was in contact with us leading up to the wedding to go over the types of photos we wanted, and on the day of the wedding he was a pleasure to work with. My husband and I had a great time looking through the pictures - there were so many fun... Read More candid ones, and the posed pictures of us and our families were beautiful. Mark got them to us quickly (10 days after the wedding!), and when I showed them to family and friends, everyone was impressed with the quality. I would highly recommend Mark, he was professional, easy to work with, and did a fantastic job at our wedding.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Jenna R

I can't say enough wonderful things about Mark! He captured our day just as I remembered it. He is professional, extremely talented, creative, enthusiastic and a really nice guy (a total plus). He captures those little moments that you only hope to remember and see. Mark... Read More brought a second shooter with him for the day of our wedding who was also fantastic. They worked very well together and I honestly didn't even notice they were there with us most of the time. I feel lucky that I stumbled upon a review that said all these things about Mark (and more) back when I was planning. Not to mention, he turned our photos around in 2 weeks! I was shocked and amazed! He was hands down one of the best decisions I made for our wedding!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Anil T

Mark was a dream to work with. He is easy going and wants to make sure that he captures all the moments that are most important to the couple. From the moment, we met with him, we knew we found our photographer. He is down to earth, fun and friendly. At the wedding many... Read More people commented how smoothly he flowed into the event and was out of site while doing the job. He was great! The photos were all we could have hoped for! Mark was able to capture the essence of our entire event and we have too many good photos to choose from. Now we are going to work on putting together an album with him. Bottom line, hire Mark!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Sarah F

My wife and I hired Mark to photograph our farm-ish wedding (Groton MA, Oct 2016) and he did a fantastic job! We skipped a bunch of the traditional wedding stuff but we wanted to make sure that we didn’t skimp on photography and we couldn’t have been happier with our choice.... Read More Our ceremony and reception were intimate (~20 people) and he really captured the joy and closeness of the guests. He also had an excellent eye for landscape and found ways to incorporate us into it strikingly. Mark is omnipresent and unobtrusive, even in a group of 20. Bottom line: if you’re considering Mark, make the move! We can’t recommend him highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Carly P

I cannot recommend Mark Davidson enough. From our first conversation to our engagement session to our wedding day, Mark has been extremely approachable, helpful, gracious with his time and especially on our wedding day, helped to make sure that everything was going smoothly and... Read More that the groom and I were relaxed and having fun. Most importantly, Mark is amazing at what he does and takes the most incredible photos. Everyone who has seen our engagement photos and the photos from our wedding has said they’re some of the best they’ve ever seen and we could not be happier with them. My three younger sisters all said that they officially NEED Mark to be a part of their weddings whenever those days come.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Laura P

Mark and his second shooter, Rick, were a joy to work with. Mark and I had a great rapport from the first time we spoke; he listed to what we were looking for and made sure we had follow up conversations as we got closer to our big day. We felt completely at ease with Mark from... Read More the moment we met, even though we didn't have the opportunity for an engagement shoot together, since we live out of state. We had some complicated family dynamics to worth through, and Mark and his team were completely respectful and made everyone feel comfortable day-of. And when it rained (a LOT) on our wedding day, Mark got creative and still got us beautiful images, including some outdoor shots that he hustled through (while still providing great quality) when the weather cleared up for less than an hour. He also was willing to stand in the rain to get us some great photos. Mark's journalistic style really helped capture the emotion and fun of our day, and our guests have been raving about the images--a friend is even looking into booking him for her wedding next summer because of the quality product. Mark also provided our images in less than a month, which I've never heard of! We are following up with a few photoshop requests, but we're really please with the product we received. A photographer is something we were willing to spend money on, but we were thrilled to find Mark, who provided a great experience, beautiful images at a very reasonable rate.

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Allison B

Mark is wonderfully talented and a true professional. He made us feel at ease and took gorgeous photos of us without all the goofy fuss you see most photographers put couples through. Our photos are stunning and he exceeded our expectations.

Wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Mia C

Like many other reviewers, we chose Mark for his photojournalistic approach. We wanted a photographer who documented our wedding day as it naturally unfolded, rather than focusing on posed shots. Mark was incredibly unobtrusive from the moment he arrived at the house where I was... Read More getting ready with my mother, to the moment he left the reception. He put everyone around him at ease and we barely noticed his presence, even during the most personal moments of the day. We had a June wedding on Martha’s Vineyard with thunderstorms for the first half of the day and rain during our outdoor ceremony, followed by a clear, beautiful evening and sunset. With 100% chance of thunderstorms in the forecast, we decided to rent a tent for the ceremony and our rental company forgot to bring lighting. Despite the challenging circumstances, Mark and his assistant remained calm and captured nice photos of our dimly lit ceremony, beautiful portraits of me and my husband and many joyful candids throughout the day. Mark swept us away from the reception at dusk when the lighting outside was perfect and took some amazing shots we will treasure. We would definitely hire Mark again!

Wonderful photos & great to work with!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Carol H

Mark was a pleasure to work with from the start - he was friendly and professional, quick to respond, and took amazing photos. I highly recommend him!

Great Photos!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

As the groom, I heard from my buddies who have already gone through their own weddings how nightmarish photos can be if you don't have a photographer who is on the same page as you. Mark was great at feeling out how we were as a couple. We did a quick walk around town and were... Read More thrilled with the final results of the photos. Mark did a great job of documenting the wedding through his photos. He walked around the wedding taking many photos - but when the time came for us to view we were not overwhelmed with the number. We definitely recommend Mark - he has got an aesthetic eye and provided us with great images to remember our special day the rest of our lives.

Great wedding photographer

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Cristina J

Mark Davidson photographed my wedding at the Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel in Boston in May of 2015. He was timely, professional, and took beautiful photographs the entire day. He was so unobtrusive it was easy to forget he was there- which made for the best candid shots. The... Read More photos he took of me and my husband in the public garden are stunning- he captured the scenery, color, light, and love perfectly. Everyone remarked how gorgeous the photos turned out. I would highly recommend Mark.

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 lauren c

MARK WAS AMAZING ON OUR WEDDING DAY. HE IS WONDERFUL AT HIS JOB AND COMPLETELY PROFESSIONAL AND EFFICIENT. HE ALWAYS REPLIED TO EMAILS OR MESSAGES IN A TIMELY MANNER. HE WAS SO KIND AND SO QUICK AT GETTING OUR PICTURES DONE AFTER THE WEDDING. I WAS SHOCKED AT HOW FAST THEY CAME!... Read More EVERY PICTURE WAS BETTER THAN THE NEXT AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM. HIS WORK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY PICTURES I HAD TO CHOOSE FROM AND I DID NOT EVEN NOTICE HIM CAPTURING THESE AMAZING MOMENTS. THANK YOU MARK-YOU WERE FABULOUS! -LAUREN-MARRIED MAY 22 2015

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 YoonSun C

Mark was an excellent choice for our wedding photography. Like the other reviewers have written, he delivers as promised. Beautiful getting ready photos, excellent portraits, and great candid shots. If you like what you see in his gallery, you should book him for your... Read More wedding.

Mark Davidson was Incredible!

Reviewed on 2/08/2015

Mark Davidson did an incredible job photographing our wedding. His photos all look like they belong in a wedding magazine and we couldn't be happier with the results. We were drawn to the way his style seems to capture all of the little candid moments of the day and we were so... Read More pleased that at our wedding, he truly captured all of the emotions and feelings of the day, from the formal photos to the little glances between my wife and me. We feel so fortunate to have these moments forever captured in our photos and are so thankful to Mark for his work. He made everything so easy for us, got us through the formal photos efficiently and allowed us as much time as possible to spend on less formal photos as a couple, or with our guests. He has an amazing eye for using the surroundings to take creative and unique photos, and was always more than accommodating with any requests we had. I'd HIGHLY recommend Mark Davidson, as his talent, his photos, and value are second to none!

Phenomenal Photographer

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Ann S

We used Mark for our engagement and wedding photos. Mark creates beautiful engagement portraits, taking the time to capture the best lighting, different angles, and different expressions. He works to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera, which was a personal concern... Read More of mine. During the wedding, he was quietly showing up all over the place capturing the moment...and boy did he capture it!

Could not be happier

Reviewed on 3/07/2013 raquel m

We used Mark for our wedding in August 2012 and were grateful for both his professionalism and the quality of his work. He was able to have another photographer meet Tim out in central MA, both be in Milton for our ceremony then in Boston for the reception. It was important... Read More to me to make it to our cocktail hour and Mark was able to coordinate getting great shots both at the church and outside the hotel and get us to the reception on time as requested! We love our pictures! Many of our family and friends commented on how great they were too. I am so happy to be able to have these great memories. I highly recommend Mark!

Amazing Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 3/01/2013 Mary O

I recently attended a wedding where Mark Davidson Photography took some really amazing pictures! He has an incredible way of capturing the happy emotions that come with people committing themselves to each other.

The best photographer I could have hoped for!

Reviewed on 2/28/2013 Shannon P

I used Mark Davidson for my May 2012 wedding at Overbrook House in Buzzards Bay, MA. I could not have asked for better service or results. Not only were the individual photographs absolutely beautiful, but the set of photos as a whole told the story of our wedding day in a way... Read More that we will cherish forever. Months later, I am still receiving complements on our photos and the way Mark was virtually invisible at the wedding. He implemented all of our special requests and managed to capture each special moment, while being completely inconspicuous. I had a limited wedding budget, but his service was worth every penny that we invested.

Fantastic Photojournalist

Reviewed on 8/12/2010 Laren F

After searching through many, many photographer websites and seeing the same stuffy, posed photos, I turned to the Wedding Photojournalist Association (www.wpja.com). Mark's photos and style caught my attention immediately. He has a great eye for capturing candids that bring out... Read More the highlights of the wedding in the best light possible. Plus, everyone comes out looking fabulous (unlike some of those candids from friends and family members... yikes!). The color of his photos are crisp and vibrant, and his attention to detail is amazing. Mark was also a lot of fun to work with - he takes the time to explain things in a very professional way, but he's also got a great personality that makes him easy to talk to. There's nothing stuffy about his photos or his work style. For those few "posed" photos that we allowed him to do, he had a lot of fun ideas that didn't make them feel forced. And his turn-around time to get the photos back to us was unexpectedly fast... they were in our mail pile when we returned from our honeymoon. As someone who is relatively young in the business, Mark far surpasses in talent many of the industry veterans (apparent on the WPA website, where he's already won several top awards and has had his photos displayed in several ). We couldn't have been happier with our choice!

Mark Davidson