Creative + Down to Earth + Passionate

Marley Photography, LLC is an award winning wedding photography business run by Rhett & Alicyne Marley. They have the experience, quality & professionalism that every bride dreams to have on their side for their wedding day!

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

$0-$999

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Charleston, SC Based in Charleston; Serving The Carolinas (843) 291-9999
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Ashleigh W

Rhett did an absolutely wonderful job photographing our small intimate beach wedding. I've known Rhett for ten years - we attended the same college - and I had the advantage of already knowing his personality and style prior to the big day. However, the fact that I knew... Read More Rhett prior to my wedding day never altered his professionalism to ensure that our vision for the ceremony was everything we dreamed it to be. Rhett set up a meeting with us prior to the big day and made sure he had a schedule of events and a general idea of shots we wanted to get. He arrived early, and took advantage of every moment pre-ceremony. Rhett helped us stage a "first look", and then assisted in setting up our guests for the ceremony itself. After the ceremony, Rhett captured some amazing photographs of my new husband and I on the beach, and even though we didn't have the beach to ourselves, Rhett set up the shots to where it appears it was only us two there. Perhaps one of the things I was most pleased about was that Rhett emailed us a few wedding preview pictures the morning after the ceremony that my husband and I were able to immediately enjoy. They were absolutely breathtaking and gave us something we could share with family right after the big day. Our wedding photographs were edited and uploaded to our website three days after the ceremony - this is quite impressive and I've never had a photographer do that! I highly recommend Rhett for ANY photography need. I am so happy he was our wedding photographer. I would go through it all again just to have Rhett take more pictures of us (and that's saying something from a Bride!!).

2017-05-08T13:26:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Ashleigh for the sweet review!!! :) I had such a great time photographing you and Matt out at Isle of Palms! #GoBucs!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Hannah H

When I started planning my wedding, selecting a photographer was probably the decision most important to me. I knew that once the event was over, the photos of our special day would be invaluable. That's why I'm so happy I chose Marley Photography; Rhett gave us everything we... Read More wanted and more, and we could not be more thrilled with the result. From start to finish, he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was available and happy to answer any questions we had in the lead-up to the wedding and did a great job understanding exactly what we wanted and the way our day would unfold. Because of distance we weren't able to meet before the day of, but you wouldn't have known it! Through email and phone conversations he was able to know exactly what was happening and the kind of couple we were before he even showed up. Working with us the day of the wedding couldn't have gone better either. He made sure we had all the shots we wanted, but also had so many great suggestions and ideas that really made our photos and even the day special. He was also very kind and fun to work with throughout the event. When he found out the day of the wedding that my husband liked astronomy, he came up with the idea to take a long exposure shot beneath the stars that took our breath away - it was completely unplanned but is definitely our favorite photo of the day and it was all thanks to his thoughtfulness. All through the day all of our family and guests kept remarking to me how incredible our photographer was, and once we got the photos back we knew we knew for sure that we couldn't have made a better choice.

2017-06-19T12:52:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Hannah!! You and Jesse are were so awesome together!! Thank you for inviting me into your special day out at Folly Beach! You rock!!! :)

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Melanie & Kirby A

We hired Rhett as our photographer for our Earth Day Wedding in April 2017, and would highly recommend him for any wedding or other special event. Not only did he capture our vision perfectly, but his energy and excitement only added to the amazing experience we had with him. He... Read More has an eye for color and beauty. His photographs brought tears to our eyes, and each one was more beautiful than the last. I cannot say enough about Rhett, but if for a moment you second guess hiring him...DONT! You will not be disappointed.

2017-05-08T19:41:27 Response from the vendor

Melanie! You are so awesome!!! Thank you so much for the kind words about me. It means more to me than you'll ever know! I cannot wait to add some of your photos to my website when the wedding season starts to slow down! You... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Brittany W

Rhett was my wedding photographer and I couldn't recommend him enough. He is a very relaxed guy - which is great because I was beyond stressed on my wedding day. He was professional and attentive to my needs the entire day. Rhett returned our photos edited in 2 weeks and the... Read More photos are stunning!!! Looking back on all of the planning for my wedding day, hiring Marley Photography was my best decision of all. Thank you Rhett!!!

2017-10-26T10:51:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brittany! Your wedding was so beautiful out on Folly Beach! Your sunset photos will be up on my website in no time. I LOVE them as well! Thank you for trusting me as your wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Paul W

I strongly recommend Rhett Marley for wedding photography in the Charleston SC area! He was easy to work with ahead of time to get things setup, he arrived early to our very out-of-the-way location, and he gave some great advice when there was a need! The photographs were... Read More awesome and loved by all, and the delivery online was quicker than expected. It truly was a pleasure having Rhett work with us for my daughter's wedding and I highly recommend him!

2017-10-26T10:52:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Brandon S

Thank you again for being part of our special day! Our pictures turned out amazing and we couldn’t of asked for a better photographer. We will definitely put your name out there for as a recommendation for anyone looking for a photographer.

2017-06-19T12:54:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!! :)

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Sara W

Rhett was fantastic. He was knowledgeable of the venue. He was very organized prior to our wedding day. I felt very comfortable after speaking with him about the details for the day. He was there on time. I am not the type of girl that loves to have my picture taken and he... Read More made me feel very comfortable and did a great job of eliciting natural smiles and "poses" from myself and the group. He was always where I needed him during the wedding and reception and was always conscious of my desires for photos. Overall, would definitely recommend utilizing his services. Also, he got us our edited photos in 5 days!!! I was getting antsy and was super excited to get his email yesterday and all of our photos look amazing.

2017-06-19T12:53:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sara!!! I wish you and Chris the absolute best in your marriage & soon to be parenthood! Thank you for the sweet review! :)

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Christy F

Although Rett was not available to shoot my June 2017 wedding, he was courteous, attentive and helpful during our brief conversation. It is unfortunate we will not be collaborating together, but I will be referring him for his kind professionalism in the future. Thank you,... Read More Brett!

2017-05-21T10:43:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review! Professionalism is certainly an aspect that I strive for every day with my company! :)

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Olivia N

Rhett was fantastic! Super professional, friendly, and upbeat. I would highly recommend him & his work. The price was right, and I can't thank him enough for capturing our wedding. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2017-04-17T13:58:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you Olivia!! You and Andrew had a stunning wedding out at Magnolia Plantation! Thank you for trusting me with your wedding photos. I am excited to add a few of them to my website! Everything about your day way gorgeous! :)

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Marissa M

WOW- We are absolutely blown away by these pictures!! Rhett did a fantastic job and I cannot thank him enough!! We are just at a total loss for words when it comes to how excited we are about them! They're just so much more than we could’ve ever imagined!! I don't know that we... Read More could ever thank him enough- he's incredibly talented and such a joy to work with. I hope we have the chance to work with him again in the future!

2017-03-21T21:29:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Marissa! It was an honor to take your engagement photos out at Boone Hall Plantation! I wish you and Russell the absolute best with your 2018 Alabama wedding! :)

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Katie S

Rhett was amazing! He was the perfect combination of friendly and professional. He made all of the wedding party and family feel totally at ease throughout the whole day. We were planning a destination wedding, but I already knew a lot of the shots that I wanted, and Rhett was... Read More more than happy to accommodate. We had a phone conversation about 48 hours ahead of the wedding, during which we talked about our vision and things that we wanted to avoid - Rhett took it all in stride! On the day of, he arrived on time and got all of the wedding party shots and beautiful 'first look' photos. After the ceremony, he walked all over Harbour Town with us and even stopped at another location (on the way to the reception) to get some bride-only and groom-only photographs in a wooded area of the island. There were certain photographs that I really wanted, and Rhett was totally fine with me stepping in and telling him that. He also had some really great ideas/suggestions that turned into beautiful shots. I'm so glad that we chose him as our wedding photographer!

2017-03-13T13:07:33 Response from the vendor

Katie! Thank you so so much for your kind words!! You and Adam were a very down to earth couple and it made my job a breeze. I honestly had a blast attending your wedding and watching the two of you just enjoy the moment... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Alexandra J

Fantastic! I meant to post more to that "fantastic" because it deserves so much more detail! It did not surprise me when I saw that Rhett had straight 5s for reviews. We planned our wedding from far away and it was so easy to work with Rhett. We had a phone call about a week out... Read More about details and wants for pictures. He walked us through the whole wedding day and was so incredibly helpful. We didn't mean him until our private reveal and my first words out of the car were "Rhett, Im freaking out!" He calmed me down and told me to take my time. Our private reveal is something we will never forget- Rhett came up with the idea and captured everything on camera. He is extremely personable, friendly and makes you feel truly important on your big day. We can't stop raving about him; more than that, our guests keep noting how amazing he was! Wow Rhett! You rock!

2016-11-29T08:28:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Allie!!! It was an absolute honor to be the wedding photographer for you and Joseph! Thanks for reminding me of my Texas roots during your first dance haha. It was very beautiful! I wish you guys the best in your marriage... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Pattie Q

Great to work with and took amazing photos! Had such a great and LOVE all of our pictures! Would recommend to anyone! Thank you Rhett!

2016-11-29T08:29:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review!! :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Shelly W

Use Marley Photography!! Rhett is an amazing photographer....very professional, creative, fun, and friendly! He did my bridals and wedding photos. Our day was absolutely perfect and Rhett captured it beautifully! Made us feel comfortable and is very easy to work with!! Very... Read More organized and experienced. Has great ideas but also let us pick pics/poses we wanted. We will definitely be using him in the future!!

2016-11-29T08:32:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you Shelly! Your wedding was amazing at the Francis Marion Hotel in downtown Charleston! You rock!! :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jessica H

First of all we were planning a destination wedding which meanthe we only contacting our vendors through email. Rhett took the stress right out of it with being on top of everything answering every question I had. He responded in a very timely manner which is not easy to find.... Read More Rhett not once complained about my crazy ideas for pictures and was extremely accommodating or the whole wedding. My family had a great time with him and so did we!!! Thank you so much Rhett

2016-10-29T18:54:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jessica! I had such a great time hanging out with you and Andrew on your wedding day. The blindfolded before the wedding pictures were so unique! LOVED doing them! I wish you guys the best in your marriage and settling down... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kristie S

Rhett Marley is the hands down best! He did our engagement, and wedding day pictures and I would not have it any other way! He is extremely friendly and easy to be around! He is also very professional ! When my husband and I showed up for our engagement session we had no clue... Read More what to do. We were totally lost! Well, Rhett pulled his phone out and showed us some different ideas! Instead of pushing all these ideas on us, he asked us what we thought on each one! It was so nice and refreshing to have someone listen to our wants and go by that versus having someone tell you what works best! The day of our wedding a massive hurricane took place! I was so worried about losing Rhett as my photographer. I told him how we had to push my wedding day back one day because of this hurricane, he ensured me everything was going to work out and he would still be there for us! I cannot begin to tell you how amazing this is! To be so flexible with us at literally the last minute is wonderful! On the day of the wedding, Rhett had a calm, collective vibe to him! Which is great because I was stressed to the max and frantic of my big day! I could go on and on about how amazing Rhett Marley is, but it would not begin to do him justice for his work! If you are looking for an outstanding photographer please look no further!!

2016-10-19T13:59:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kristie!!! Hurricane Matthew really threw us a curveball for your wedding day haha! Despite all of the changes that came our way your wedding was absolutely beautiful in Columbia. Thanks again for your kind words and the opportunity to be your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Jami B

My daughter was very particular about her wedding photographer. Rhett was highly professional, lots of fun, and super talented-- What more can you ask for?! He captured the love that is evident between my daughter & my new son-in-law, & I highly recommend him.

2016-09-27T15:02:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!! I certainly pride myself in being professional in my work. I did take my tie off though during Jackie's beach wedding reception once I realized that I was the only one still wearing a tie haha! :) Thanks again for the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Emily H

RHETT WAS SO AWESOME!!! Not only are his pictures perfect, he was also so knowledgeable about what to do and was pretty much also our lifeline as a wedding day-of coordinator :) we are both very thankful that he was by our side during our special day. I wouldn't recommend anyone... Read More better!! Thank you so much again, Rhett! Mo and I couldn't be happier with you!

2016-09-05T16:26:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you Emily! I loved your wedding out at Sweetgrass Event Center! I was more than glad to guide you and Mo as far as what to do during the reception! ;) Haha! You two were so great to work with! I wish you the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Kristina C

Rhett was awesome! He made sure we got the photos we asked for and had excellent ideas for other photos as well. We had a destination wedding and it was very important that we had great photos to remember our special day by. I definitely recommend Marley Photography for... Read More anyone in the Charleston, SC area. We found Rhett from a review on The Knot and he did not disappoint. One last added bonus was he got our photos back to us in a very timely manner!

2016-08-28T20:36:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much John for taking the time to write a kind review! I had such a great time getting to photograph your wedding out at Isle of Palms! :)

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Kaila N

Rhett is wonderful to work with!!! He swooped in and saved the day for my husband and I. Two weeks before our wedding, our original photographer vanished with our money and we were left without a photographer. Rhett came in last minute and we couldn't have been happier! He... Read More is wonderful to work with and the photos are SO beautiful! We are so thankful that he could come do our wedding last minute. His photos are beautiful and we can cherish them forever! If you're looking for a photographer, do not hesitate booking him! I would recommend him to anyone!!!

2016-08-23T20:29:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kaila for the kind review! I was honored to come in at the last minute and be your wedding photographer out at Magnolia Plantation! I wish you and Josh the best in your marriage! :)

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Stephanie R

Where do I even begin? How about with AMAZING! I planned my wedding from out of town so it was a bit stressful trying to pick vendors without being able to meet with them face to face. I picked Rhett for a few reasons but the number one driving force was his past rave reviews... Read More and they were dead on. Rhett has the knack to not only be able to be professional but also to form a real connection very quickly with his subjects. I feel kind of weird about getting my picture taken (and a lot of them at that) but Rhett was able to put me at ease and even made it fun! When we got our digital gallery we were so very impressed and fully happy with how many great moments he captured. I had one shot in mind that was my must have and the picture came out well beyond my expectations. We’ve been told that it looked like it was out of a magazine and I would agree! You will not go wrong with picking Marley Photography. We hope we get a chance to work with him again. Thank you Rhett for being such a key part of our wedding day!

2016-08-20T07:40:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Stephanie! I truly had a blast getting to know you and Shawn. Your wedding was stunning out at Faber No. 5. I am so glad that you are in love with your pineapple fountain picture! Thank you for taking the time... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Madison J

Rhett Marley is an amazing photographer! Went with your ideas but also willing to voice what he thought would make for great pictures! Got our engagement, bridal portraits and wedding day pictures done by him and loved every single picture! Highly recommend him!

2016-08-05T13:20:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Madison! :) I've always wanted to photograph a wedding where a Clemson or Gamecock mascot came to reception! Thanks for letting me mark that one off my bucket list haha! :) I wish you and Will the absolute best in your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

Rhett and Marley Photography did our wedding photography and it was amazing. Our wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous! Rhett was so professional, did a great job handling our huge wedding party and made our day amazing! I can not say enough good things about Marley... Read More Photography. Thank you so much!

2016-08-01T10:15:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Nicole for the kind review! :) I was very thankful that your 24 person bridal party was easy to work with! Hahaha! It was an absolute honor getting to be your wedding photographer! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Mandy W

Rhett Marley was absolutely FANTASTIC! From the first time we made contact with him, almost a year and a half before our wedding all the way until today, two weeks AFTER the wedding, Rhett has been so personable, friendly, respectful, helpful, and a joy to work with. Rhett... Read More helped through the whole process and gave suggestions and ideas when we asked for them, but did not try to implement his own ideas into our wedding photographs and truly let us enjoy and be in control of our own day. Not to mention that EVERY picture he took and produced for us was fantastic. Top notch quality for a fraction of the cost! We would recommend Rhett 10 times over and suggest anyone who is undecided to choose Rhett. He will make your day amazing and the lead up to it, just as easy and amazing. Ps...If Rhett is photographing your wedding, I highly recommend the slideshow option. ALL our guests loved seeing sneak peak of the pictures and it captivated the whole room. Rhett is one of a kind.

2016-07-06T20:32:02 Response from the vendor

Mandy & Drew, Thank you! You guys were so sweet to be around all day. I loved being a part of your first look and capturing Drew's eyes as they filled with tear of joy. It was a great day! Drew I lost count after... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Paige T

Look no further - you NEED to choose Marley Photography! My husband and I got married on Kiawah Island, but were planning our wedding from Kentucky so we didn't have the chance to meet Rhett in person prior to. As soon as Rhett showed up, though, you would have never guessed... Read More that were the case - he felt like someone we had known our whole lives compared to someone we had just met. Even better, his work was beyond what I could have ever hoped for! He was well prepared and made sure to get every shot that we wanted, while adding his expertise that made for the most amazing photos! I feel truly blessed that we chose him to capture our big day. THANK YOU RHETT!

2016-06-20T20:46:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Paige!!! I had a blast taking pictures of you and Joey throughout your wedding. The beach was a gorgeous backdrop to the reception. You guys made my job easy! Thank you for writing such a kind review! You're the best! :)

Rhett Marley

Hey There! Marley Photography, LLC began in 2008. You can read all about the history on our website under the Bio section. Marley Photography is a small business that has the personal touch that many brides are looking for. If you hire me as your wedding photographer, you will speak directly to me throughout the whole process. In 2016, I photographed 31 beautiful weddings and I would be honored to photograph your wedding next! Random facts about me: marathon runner, Orange Theory Fitness member, coffee snob, acoustic/electric guitar player & dad of two crazy awesome little boys haha! 😃