Martell's Water's Edge

Berkeley Township, NJ

Book Your Wedding with Martell's Water's Edge

Private Waterfront Garden. Say “I do!” beneath a grand pergola in front of the scenic Barnegat Bay. This outdoor space is complete with rustic piers and a view of Barnegat Bay Lighthouse, one of the oldest operational lighthouses in the US. The Private Waterfront Garden is available to accommodate up to 200 of your wedding guests.

Angel Room. Your guests will be greeted with the opulence of the Angel room when they arrive. This room sets the scene for your event with a breathtaking saltwater aquarium and leather furniture accents. The Angel Room is an ideal space for pre-event cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres. The eclectic copper topped bar adds a stylish contemporary feel in this space paired with classic elements like an elegant piano and polished wood tables.

Casual Elegance Ballroom. This expansive ballroom is 3,000 square feet of polished parquet floors and 360-degree water views from every angle. Mirror accents and modern lighting fixtures in the Casual Elegance Ballroom are versatile enough to pair well with many linen and centerpiece choices. This venue space is available for receptions of up to 200 guests.

Martell’s Water’s Edge offers couples a worry-free wedding planning experience with on-site wedding professionals to assist you with all of the stages of planning and all-inclusive reception packages tailored to fit the size of your event.

When you book your wedding at Martell’s Water’s Edge, you will enjoy exclusive use of the venue. Both plated and buffet reception options are available, and each reception package includes a five-hour premium open bar, hand-passed hors d’oeuvres and a complimentary champagne toast. Options for entrees offer something for every guest with vegetarian and gluten-free selections as well as choice seafood dishes. Couples can customize their exquisite culinary experience with add-on options like a raw bar, pasta or carving stations and an ice cream bar.

Start times are flexible at this venue ranging from early morning to evening, but the celebration must conclude by 2:00 a.m. The reception area can be staged with your choice of color coordinated lines to match your color scheme.

• Custom wedding cake
  • Chocolate fountain
  • White-gloved serving staff
  • Complimentary bottle of Moet Imperial champagne for the happy couple

Stunning Waterfront Weddings!

Dream Weddings come true at the New Martell's Waters Edge. Nestled along the majestic Barnegat Bay, Martell's Waters Edge offers spectacular water views, elegant interior, and exquisite, award winning cuisine. Mystery Gift Giveaway! Schedule a Visit. Win one of many Free Upgrades! Contact our Wedding Planner today.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Restaurant

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

125 Bayview Avenue, Berkeley Township, NJ (732) 269-3000

Waters Edge Wedding

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Kristen T

Our Ceremony was outside on the dock at the Waters Edge, and the view took our breath away. It was the perfect setting and backdrop for our wedding. Waters Edge is a beautiful modern place, and with the gorgeous view of the bay, who wouldn't love looking at the bay as the sun... Read More sets.The BEST part about Waters Edge is there food.It is out of this world, and all of my guest raved about how good it was. I would definitely recommend this venue to other Brides!

Wish I could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Dana B

Everything was absolutely perfect. The food was delicious. The room looked amazing. The staff was friendly to us and all of our guests and not one request was missed. The Water's Edge gave us a beautiful backdrop to our wedding. All of our guests talked about how great the views... Read More were and how delicious the food was. We went a little over budget but in the end, it was worth every single penny. I assure you, you won't be disappointed.

June Wedding

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 sara m

Water's Edge was an amazing place for a venue. We were just married on June 1st and the place was amazing. The staff were professional and kind, the food was delicious, and the view was to die for... oh the view.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jaclyn I

Tom and I had our September 2017 wedding at Water's Edge and it really was a dream come true! It was one of the only decently affordable waterfront venues at the Jersey Shore, but by far one of the best. The existing decor is so bright, beachy, clean, and fresh. They renovated... Read More the little house next to the ceremony space to be a functioning bridal suite where my bridesmaids and I were able to get ready, so we didn't have to worry about getting to the venue on time. The decor and presentation of everything was gorgeous! Our guests raved about the view as well as the food. We would've liked a little more direction at certain points; for example, there were glasses for mimosas in the bridal suite, but we had to go out and ask to have them filled, and the wedding party wasn't alerted to get ready to be announced/where to line up. We felt like we had to figure some things out on the fly that we weren't expecting, but it was nothing that took away from the amazing night that we had. The staff made sure to make a cocktail hour plate of food for us, and they were attentive to Tom and I throughout the entire night. Couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Brooke C

My husband and I got married last month and we cannot speak enough of how wonderful everything went! We planned everything in just TWO months. Jenna and Kathy were beyond accommodating with our Monday evening wedding. What sold me was the beautiful ceremony views, the windows... Read More around the room and their unique bridal suite. It is actually an old shed converted to a mini apartment, it was the perfect spot to get ready the day of! The food was delicious, the staff was professional and the venue is hands down one of the beautiful places in NJ.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Sarah H

I would give this place zero stars if I could. My husband and I had booked this place for a wedding venue before they switched ownership. The staff used to be very friendly and accommodating which is the main reason why we had chosen it. Fast forward a few months, we go in for... Read More a tour and all of the signs have changed. Not a big deal- but come to realize that ownership had changed and no one had told us! We had a SIGNED contract with them, and they failed to tell us of the changes they had been making. When I try to reach out to our planner, a week goes by without response. We finally receive an email back from another woman, Jennifer, who apologized and had promised to inform us of ANY changes. Later on, we find out that they are renovating, and making changes. Again, no one informs us. By this point we feel defeated and completely unimportant. For a couple paying thousands of dollars, this should not happen. It added so much stress to our wedding planning. We make an appointment with Ed, the manager and he is very rude. He didn't see any problem and doesn't apologize for how they have inconvenienced us, instead makes us feel like we are the problem for demanding answers and change. Since they technically didn't break anything in the contract, it wasn't his problem. We told him we wanted to speak with the owner, and he constantly made excuses about how he was too busy or out of town. At this point, we were completely fed up with the whole establishment. Even though it meant pulling out of a contract and losing $2,000, it was worth not having our wedding at such a terrible place. Don't trust them with your money, it's not worth it.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Megan K

My husband and I had our wedding here in June of 2017, and it was an absolutely perfect day! From the gorgeous ceremony space and bridal suite, to the accommodating staff and the delicious food, our guests cannot stop raving about our wedding! Thank you so much to the staff,... Read More especially Jenna, Kathy, Carissa and Ed, who made sure that our day was nothing short of a fairy tale!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Missy S

Beautiful Waterfront Wedding! We specifically wanted to be married on the water and once we visited Water's Edge, we knew it was the one! Reasonable prices, great food, great atmosphere and amazing staff to help in the wedding planning process. They were accommodating to our... Read More schedule since we live in North Jersey and it was a long drive for our meetings and the staff really helped in the setup of everything the day of (centerpieces, name cards, decor, cupcake tower etc). All the staff and specifically Jenna, our coordinator, was extremely helpful and responsive to all our questions and requests. Best part is just the setting of the venue itself, ocean and boats in the background, and other picture settings too including the beach and some greenery. We honestly couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day and we would suggest Water's Edge to any other couple looking for a perfect water front wedding!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jessica G

Water's Edge is fantastic! We had the perfect day for our beautiful reception on the bay for our 200 guests. The staff made sure every detail of our night was perfect and the food was phenomenal. Although there were some changes in staff and ownership during our contract, in the... Read More end, Jenna made sure the night ran as planned. Thank you for making our wedding perfect! Jessica & Tom

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Kelly B

We had a wonderful experience with Waters Edge!! We first looked at it as a possible venue as they were rebuilding it after hurricane sandy... Even then we knew we would love it. Once it was finished we booked right away. It is a beautiful modern space to have a wedding... Read More reception... Wood floors, windows all around, color changing up-lighting, and a cocktail hour space with a gorgeous fish tank and bar area. The sunset view was breathtaking, we had our first dance as the sun went down. Food was delicious, guests especially loved the cocktail hour, no one left hungry that night. It is reasonably priced for everything that you get. We had a few changes in wedding coordinators along the way, but only because they were getting adjusted as a newer business. I have to say, we didn't have an issue with any one of them. Vanessa, who was our coordinator for the six months leading up to the wedding was so so helpful. Very professional and you can tell she has experience in the business. I didn't have to worry about a thing, she took care of it all! So, overall, we had a perfect experience. My only suggestion would be offering a complimentary drink or appetizer if couples who book a wedding happen to stop in to dine at the restaurant. We had a Valentine's dinner there a few months before our wedding, and it would have felt more special if something like that was offered. Obviously, that is a minor suggestion, would highly recommend waters edge to any couple!

Perfect Venue, Lacked Coordinator Relationship

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Jacqueline

We just held our wedding reception at Waters Edge and had a perfect day! The food was amazing, the waitstaff was attentive, and everything went smoothly. We had about 115 guests and all raved about how great the party was and the delicious food. I wouldn't have changed a... Read More thing. When we signed on for Waters Edge over a year ago, they had a different wedding coordinator whom we really liked. A few months later we heard from a new wedding coordinator to schedule our tasting. The tasting was ok, but there wasn't much food for my husband, his two parents, my mom, and me. They also gave us a bill for the few drinks we had and repeatedly reminded us to pay this bill throughout the meeting. All of us left feeling like our tasting meeting was all about getting a few bucks for our drinks. As our wedding got closer, we dealt with the new wedding coordinator more, and she did an okay job. Our main complaint is that nearly all email correspondence focused on payments and money. When reviewing the menu we agreed to on contract, she omitted a few items, and if we hadn't closely memorized our initial menu agreement for our meeting, we would have been out a notable amount of money. The day of our reception she did a great job, but I really was nervous if things would go smoothly. We would recommend Waters Edge, especially since it's new, beautiful, and right on the water. A coordinator who has more experience would make this much, much better, though.

Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Ashley j

I would like to start by saying that Waters Edge is a beautiful place. The remodeling is great, the view is gorgeous, and the decor is modern chic. My only concern was the wedding coordinator. Unfortunately for myself and my husband, our wedding coordinator from Waters Edge was... Read More not as helpful or efficient as we would've hoped. I basically did everything myself, planning wise. She also made me feel like my wedding was not a priority and that the other weddings she was working on were more important. I hope that they hire another wedding coordinator or that she does a better job in the future. I wanted to write this review though so that other brides know before booking with this venue. Of course my wedding was wonderful, but it wasn't because of the coordinator.

Beautiful and Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Corey Anne I

Martell's was amazing -- the food was delicious, the views breathtaking, and they set up all of our decorations perfectly! Jacqueline helped the night move along smoothly and it was everything I dreamed of. They even created a menu of what we wanted -- the chef custom-made... Read More dishes for us!!

Our dream Wedding at such a beautiful place

Reviewed on 1/11/2011 Kris C

Our ceremony & reception (5/21/10) at Martell’s Waters Edge more then exceeded our expectations. We have received so many compliments on our wedding. Our friends and family are saying that it was one of the best weddings that they have ever attended. Diana our... Read More wedding coordinator was great. She is excellent, organized and super efficient. It was a pleasure to work with Diana throughout the whole process. Chef John Todd was outstanding. The food was excellent and everyone enjoyed it very much. The rest of the staff were very profession, attentive and just fantastic. We recommend Martells’s Water’s Edge to everyone.Kris & Colleen

Absolutely Fabulous!!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2011 Patty C

We had our reception at Martell's Waters Edge on October 15, 2010. The coordinator; Diana, was amazing and made the entire planning process painless and stress free. The food was exceptional and all of our guests loved it. We continue to get comments from family and friends... Read More about how wonderful everything was. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a venue with extraordinary views, exceptional food, great service and tremendous value. My only regret was that we did not plan the event when the Tiki Bar was open!! We would have stayed until last call.

Picture Perfect Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 12/18/2010 Nicole S

We had our beach themed wedding reception in October, and it was perfect. Diana our wedding coordinator was so helpful with pulling our theme together, and the reception area was done beautifully. The food was spectacular, and our friends and family are still raving about it.... Read More This place is just so beautiful with the picture perfect water views and evening sunsets we couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to have our wedding reception. The staff did such a wonderful job the whole night, and was very attentive. Most of our guests had never been to the Water's Edge, but were so glad they could experience it with us on our wedding day. My husband and I have been dinning there for five years, we went there the night we got engaged, and will continue to make many more memories returning there as a married couple. Thank you so much!!

Met all our expectations and more!

Reviewed on 12/08/2010 Tara D

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Martell's Waters Edge in July. The wedding coordinator was extremely accomodating and met ALL of our requests! The food was beyond fantastic. So many of our family and friends have commented that it was the BEST wedding they have ever... Read More attended and we owe that all to Martell's!! Several of our guests who are engaged are now considering having their weddings at this venue. Martell's made our special day stress-free and absolutely perfect!

Exceptional Service !

Reviewed on 12/04/2010 Sheri C

We had our wedding (ceremony and reception) at Martell's on October , 2010 and it was everything I could have imagined! Diana, our banquet coordinator, handled every single detail from food tasting, right down to the linen color. They will work with you on your budget and... Read More wedding style. Our wedding was exactly the way we pictured it, the food was incredible and the staff was wonderful. I would highly recommend Martell's to anyone who is looking for a beautiful wedding reception!

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Diana S

We were recently married at Martell's Waters Edge. We had our ceremony right outside in the beautiful garden on the bay. Our guests were blown away by our backdrop. You are surrounded by the beautiful Barnegat Bay the entire time, the dining room has full water views from every... Read More seat. Beyond the view I'd have to say the most amazing thing was the food. We had a raw bar that was to die for. Our families were so impressed with the amount and quality of the food we still hear about it daily! The staff is extremely attentive, they pay attention to the smallest details and hold your hand from the moment you book with them till the moment you leave your special day. I can't say enough how amazing our experience was. We wouldn't have changed a single thing. I highly recommend visiting them soon if you are looking for a seamless, exceptional, amazing wedding.

Gorgeous place, amazing price

Reviewed on 11/11/2010 May S

Martell's Waters Edge was the perfect place for us! The wedding coordinator, Diana, was so helpful and was always there for us. The dock overlooking the water was the perfect place for us to have our ceremony. The dining room had a panoramic view of the water, which was GORGEOUS... Read More and resembled a cruise ship. The food was AMAZING. The prices were very fair and we got so much for our buck. So many people have told us that our wedding was the most beautiful and most fun wedding they have ever been to. I highly recommend getting married at Martell's Waters Edge!!

A perfect day

Reviewed on 10/26/2010 Anne F

We had both the ceremony and reception at the Water's Edge and everything was perfect. The ceremony was outside with the bay in our background, and we had the entire restaurant to ourselves for the reception. We are still hearing how wonderful the food was from all of our... Read More guests!

nice job