Classical, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Detroit, MI (586) 362-3584

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Sarah P

Mary Ann is the BEST!!! Our dance floor was packed from the very first song! She handled our ceremony music and dinner music and she knew exactly what needed to be played at each part of our wedding! She kept the dance floor hopping the whole night! Somehow she played music that... Read More pleased everyone! We were able to send her a list of songs we loved, but then she just took over and everyone at the wedding was raving about how great the music was! Total rock star and a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Katie H

Mary Ann is truly the BEST in the business! All I wanted for my wedding was to have a packed dance floor and everyone dancing the night away. Mary Ann 100% made my dream come true, we had our venue until 1am and we danced until the lights came on! Her music selection was KICK... Read More ASS for both cocktail hour and reception. I keep getting comments from our guests that "I have never danced so much at a wedding", "this was the BEST wedding, I have ever been too!", "I have been to a lot of weddings, and your DJ is truly the best" Not only does Mary Ann have a priceless collection of songs, knows how to read a room, she was great to work with. Her professionalism and over 25 years of experience made me so confident in "handing over the keys to the car" to her. Mary Ann exceeded both our (Husband and myself) expectations and brought the party to a whole new level. Love her so much! :)

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Allison B

Choosing MA as our dj was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We had some unique requests and she totally embraced it and came up with some AMAZING set lists! She is very hands-on in making sure things run smoothly too - while our speeches were going on, there... Read More was a lot of noise coming from the kitchen, and I saw her (not the venue staff) step over and close the door to avoid any distractions from the speeches. Just little things like that show how professional she is and how good at her job she is. MA isn't like some cheesey dj's who just want to hear themselves talk all night, and that was important to us. She knows how to read the crowd and play music that will keep the dance floor packed! Our guests had a blast dancing to her music all night! =) THANK YOU Mary Ann!

Mary Ann is THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2014 Carmon B

We can't say enough wonderful things about Mary Ann. We would recommend her to anyone and everyone in a heartbeat! She was absolutely wonderful to work with. She made us feel comfortable immediately, and connected with us instantly. She tailored our night to fit us as a... Read More couple, and was so attentive throughout the whole reception. Everything went seamlessly, thanks to her. We have received SO many compliments on the music--cocktail, dinner, and dance! Absolutely adore Mary Ann!

WOW- book now!

Reviewed on 3/18/2014 Katie W

We will be recommending Mary Ann to everyone we know, and using her for all future events in our family! She was absolutely incredible, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ. M.A.- thank you so much for everything you did for us, it really was the best night of our lives. And... Read More our guests couldn't stop talking about how great you were. If you are in need of a DJ, book her now! You will not be disappointed.

You need this DJ for your wedding :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Jessica W

Choosing MA as our DJ was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process! From day one, she was helpful, energetic, and just "got" us as a couple. She understood exactly what type of music we liked and helped us to create a great lineup of songs. During... Read More the planning, she really helped to guide us through the planning process, figuring out details I would have never even thought of. The night of our wedding, She was spot on with all introductions of the wedding party and parents. She was processional and on schedule the whole night. We actually had her do the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. There was not a single moment all night that I was displeased with the music. The ceremony was beautiful. Cocktail hour and dinner included all of our favorite indie songs. And the reception was the most fun I have ever had. The dance floor was never empty. She is not a cliche DJ. She is such a caring, professional woman who really does have a gift & passion for music. She is much more than a DJ. We got so many compliments on the music that night that I lost track. I would recommend mary ann to anyone! Looking back, we could not imagine our wedding without her!

She is Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Nicole F

Mary Ann knows how to keep the dance floor packed! This was the only request I had for her. I really did not give her a play list/do not play list. I just let her do her thing. She is amazing at that. Our friends and family danced all night. We love her and would recommend her... Read More to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Best Dance Party EVER!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Ali H

Mary Ann is INCREDIBLE! Music is so important to my husband and I and were so worried about finding a 'not-cheesy' DJ that not only understood us, but would take our music recommendations and run with it. Mary Ann did exactly that and so much more!! Our dance floor at our... Read More reception was packed the entire night. My feet are still recovering from dancing the night away and every single one of our guests has requested our play list - a HUGE compliment coming from our group of 'music buffs' :) She is simply the Best! Mary Ann's free spirit and love for music shines through and you would be lucky to have her!

I wish I hosted more parties...

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Megan S

I wish I was in charge of more DJ services and hosting parties because I loved Mary Ann that much. She was OUTSTANDING to work with and I would recommend her to any and everyone. She was very professional but still knew how to get the dance floor going!

Relax...

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Jane A

During my pre-wedding meeting with Mary Ann, I was asking her a million questions, and she looked me in the eyes and said, "Relax. This is why you just gave me a check. I've got it covered." And she did. Everything was just perfect. Thanks for being so cool, Mary Ann.

Awesome

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Sarah P

Mary Ann had DJed a couple of my friends weddings and loved her then... She's a true class act and helped to make the day run smoothly. Highly recommend her!

The Perfect DJ

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Brittany B

Mary Ann is the perfect DJ. She knows how to read a room so well. She made our reception a party! I hate to dance and even I got out on the dance floor! She is very professional and will make sure that she knows how to pronounce everyone's name correctly as well as make sure to... Read More introduce everyone that should be. She wasn't a big personality behind the mike and I think that is part of her magic to get everyone on the dance floor. She really made sure to follow our do not play list and she was great about taking requests! I loved that she was a master with how loud the music was such that people could still talk in the same room that dancing was going on. It made it fun and comfortable. She is awesome and I totally recommend her!

GREAT DJ

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Jenny L

I love MaryAnn...I would hire her for any event I held. She totally got the music that I was asking for and helped every step of the way. Now if my guests had better taste in music the night would have been perfect!!!

Best Part of the Wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Carrie P

I am not kidding when I say if you live in the metro detroit area and if you do one thing for your wedding, have Mary Ann as your DJ!!!! She seriously made our wedding the perfect day it was. You can find an email I wrote her on her website under her praise section at... Read More www.maprodj.com. She is so amazing at what she does and so awesome. I think she must get tired of hearing how awesome she is. She basically knows exactly how to ensure you'll have the wedding of your dreams. She has been DJing for 23 years and you can totally tell. She knows exactly what she is doing. Guests at our wedding kept telling us how awesome our DJ was and asking us if she was part of our venue or if we had chosen all the music for her to play. I was like, no way! That was all her!!! Plus, practically none of our friends are married so I am recommending her like crazy to everyone one I know. Get on it quick because someone from my work tried to get her and she's booked already. She showed our guests who we are as a couple and gave them the great party we dreamed of and MORE! I think the sign of how awesome she was is that all of our guests were planning on an 'after party', but everyone was too tired to make it out because they partied too hard at the reception. :) YOU MUST HIRE HER AS YOUR DJ!! You will not regret it.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 8/06/2012 Lindsey T

BEST DJ EVER! Really, she is so helpful and great at what she does. My guests all loved her, I had people coming up to me all throughout the wedding telling me about how great the DJ was!

AWESOME

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Cammi C

Mary Ann i AWESOME! There was NEVER a dull moment on the dance floor and everyone in my wedding went ON and ON about how fun the night was!

THE BEST!

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Katie P

Mary Ann is hands down the best DJ I have ever seen. She was so understanding, comforting and fun to talk to. Mary Ann is a no-nonsense DJ who knows how to make a wedding both classy and full of fun that your guests will always remember. She stuck to our play and do not play... Read More lists and had so much insight about what makes a good wedding. Mary Ann was also able to help us navigate the ins and outs of the wedding day to ensure that both we and our guests would have a good time. I would highly recommend Mary Ann for any event!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 1/24/2012 Maegan S

I would recommend Mary Ann to any future bride and groom. She went above and beyond to help make our night extra special, she knew exactly what she was doing and helped us along the way. Such a kind person, you can tell she enjoys what she is doing.

MARY ANN IS AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Jami m

Mary Ann was the second best part of the wedding (next to marrying my hubby haha)! She was phenomenal. All of my guests can not stop raving about her. She is so professional yet makes you feel like you have been the best of friends for years. My only regret is that the... Read More wedding is over and now I won't see my amazing vendors again! I can not say how grateful I am to her, and urge you to book her!! The dance floor was packed the whole night. If you want an unforgettable night for you and all your guests CALL HER!!!!

The Absolute Best!

Reviewed on 7/13/2011 Rebecca W

I don't think there is a better DJ! She works with you on your play list, must plays, do not plays etc. She never had lulls in music and didn't ever make it about her. She was AMAZING!! We got so many compliments on her. Our other vendors loved working with her too. I highly... Read More recommend her! There is no one better!!!! We LOVE her!

Hire Mary Ann. Do it now.

Reviewed on 2/25/2011 Kellie B

Mary Ann is the BEST. From the very beginning of the process, we knew we were in good hands. She places a high importance on knowing what you want to get out of your event, and follows through. She was helpful before the wedding, answering questions and providing advice about... Read More everything from music to lighting to time lines. She has no problem keeping the dance floor packed, but more importantly, she's great at managing the pace of the night. We received countless compliment's on Mary Ann and the music throughout the evening, and over the weeks and months following the wedding. We are thrilled that we hired her, and would recommend her to anyone, without hesitation.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/03/2010 julie g

If you are in search of a Deejay for your wedding or event, look no further! I cannot rave enough about Mary Ann. I first heard her at a friend's wedding over twelve years ago and recommended her to my sister who was married shortly after. So, when my time came around I... Read More immediately called Mary Ann. I was not only thrilled that she was still in the business, but impressed that she immediately remembered our family! Mary Ann is not your stereotypical deejay. No smoke machines, inappropriate songs or cheesy introductions. The first word that comes to mind is classy. She was very accommodating to work with, kept in great communication leading up to the event and throughout the night. In my eyes Mary Ann also served as our wedding coordinator and made sure everything ran smoothly that evening. The week before I let Mary Ann know how I wanted things to run from the introductions to the dances and so forth and she made sure everything was timed flawlessly. She perfectly read our guests and catered to the crowd, the dance floor was full until 1am! We also had a band and I was nervous about mixing the two but it worked out wonderfully thanks to Mary Ann. At first, my husband was upset that I wanted a a Deejay in addition to the band, but afterwards he said it was definitely worth it. If I had to do it all over again, one thing I would not change is having Mary Ann there!!!

By far THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2010 Sarah D

What can I say about my experience with Mary Ann Ross....well, she is...AMAZING...WONDERFUL...PHENOMENAL...THE BEST!!! Mary Ann is by far the BEST DJ you could ask for on such an important day (or any day for that matter). Our reception hall offered us a couple different dates... Read More and the date we went with was dependent on what date Mary Ann was available, period. A DJ is such a critical part of a successful evening, and a poor or 'all about me' DJ can ruin it. MA is easy going, helpful, professional, classy and above all always making sure you and your guests are having the best time possible. She is concerned with what YOU want. Of course we gave her a list of 'wants' however she filled in the blanks PERFECTLY! I actually had a guest email me after and ask for the play list from the wedding so they could use it for their birthday party! We received SO MANY compliments on what a wonderful DJ she is and people are still asking where we found her! From the very first phone call she treated us likes friends and not clients. She offered advice, pointed us in the direction of other fabulous vendors and made the reception one we will never forget. Even when the lights went out, she started problem solving and kept the party going. I would entrust any event to her and know with confidence she would ROCK IT! I can't wait to have another reason to hire her or recommend her to a friend!! I could go on and on with elated excitement about MA but just hire her for yourself and you can share in the excitement!!

Dancin all night

Reviewed on 10/01/2010 Sarah I

Mary Ann was the best part of our wedding night! The dance floor was packed!! Loved her and all the music she played

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 9/05/2010 Beth R

Mary Ann gave us the classy and fun-filled evening that we were hoping for! Everyone we talked to during the reception and into the weeks following raved about her amazing music selection. All ages and generations were out dancing on the dance floor all night. In addition,... Read More her organization skills are top notch. As soon as we walked in the reception hall she was guiding us to the bride’s room and bringing us (the bride and groom) drinks. She always came to talk to us first before moving onto the next event to make sure we were ready (i.e. toasts, cake cutting, etc). The most praise we heard after the wedding is that the music and dancing were amazing and the wedding went off without a hitch. We couldn’t have done it without her!