Specializing in destination weddings!

Mary Bell Events is a full service wedding & event planning company. We create the dream experience for today’s busy Bride. We understand your needs, whether you're on top of everything & just need us to pull it all together, or are feeling completely overwhelmed. We know how busy you, let us help!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Asheville, NC (828) 450-2209

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Adrienne P

My fiancé Zac and I just got married this past weekend and while I vowed to relax on our honeymoon, I just couldn't wait to rave about how amazing Mary Bell was, and had been, throughout the whole wedding planning process. We're from Chapel Hill and we wanted to get married in... Read More Asheville but were so overwhelmed with the destination wedding planning that my fiancé suggested I get a planner. I had talked to a few planners in addition to her, and after our conversation I knew she was the one. She has assisted in the entire planning from start to finish. She helped us pick a venue, choose the right colors and decorations, all while being the most organized and detailed person I think I've ever met. She made us a timeline so we never got behind or felt overloaded. When the day of came I felt so prepared thanks to her. We had an exact timeline of the ceremony and reception down to the minute. Our day went perfectly and my guests were amazed by all the details and placement in the decorations. She is truly a Godsend. I'm so happy we chose her and I really hope you do too. TRUST me, you need Mary Bell.

Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

Mary Bell saved our wedding- there is just no ther way to say it! She is amazing and there are no words to describe how much her involvement helped us. We were a destination wedding couple and I am VERY busy with work. I don't know what we would have done without her. If she... Read More hadn't helped us, I really don't think we would have been able to pull it off. She is wonderful, talented, understanding, caring, dedicated and kind. The BEST! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend her to anyone and everyone. You will not find a better planner anywhere!

2014-10-20T10:59:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was my pleasure- you guys were great. You are so brilliant and talented, I am sure you would have been just fine but, I am so grateful to have been of assistance. I know it made a bug difference for you and... Read Less Read More

Hands Down Best Wedding Planner Ever!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

Mary Bell with Mary Bell Events is a God send! I met Mary during a florist appointment and we immediately hit it off. She was so receptive to everything I had to say and took the time to really listen and brainstorm ideas with me. Leading up to our wedding day Mary was... Read More constantly in contact with me, giving me updates and my favorite part, just checking on me to see how I was doing. With all that was going on it was nice to have someone who truly cared. When our wedding day finally came I was the normal nervous bride, but I trusted Mary 100%! She knew exactly what my vision was and ensured it came to fruition. With her I knew I could take the day to just be a bride and relax with family and friends (and of course get "beautified"). Mary would even visit me throughout the day in the Bridal Suite to give me updates and spoke to me in a calm voice that in-turn kept me calm. As the title of my article denotes, "Hands Down BEST Wedding Planner Ever!" these words are true. She's so good at what she does, I'm just going to have to hire her for a baby shower one day!

2014-09-23T09:55:06 Response from the vendor

Awww shucks... Thank you! You were an absolute joy. I had as much fun as you did!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Melinda H

Mary was absolutely amazing to work with on my wedding! She kept us on schedule with planning, and she was always available when we had any questions, concerns, or just needed her opinion when we were not sure on something. As for the wedding day itself, it was everything we... Read More could have dreamed of. I didn’t really have any nerves on that day because I knew I was in good hands with Mary and her team. It was truly so nice to not have to worry about any of the details or things that might come up because I knew she would handle whatever was thrown at us. Mary is absolutely AMAZING at what she does. We are so glad you were our planner, and we had the chance to work with you this past year! We highly recommend her if you are looking for someone!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Morgan G

Hiring Mary Bell Events as your wedding planner will be the best decision you ever make. Mary and her staff will take the absolite best care of you from the moment you have your first conversation to the second you step out of your reception. Mary helped my Atlanta-based... Read More husband and I plan a gorgeous destination wedding at The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. It was not your traditional wedding, and she executed everything flawlessly. There are a million little things that you don't think about at the onset of planning a destination wedding (or any kind of wedding), and Mary will keep you on the ball and on track the entire time. Every detail, from the lighting in the ceremony space, to the way the napkins are folded for dinner will be planned with grace. Every single aspect of your timeline will be organized to perfection. She is amazing at what she does, she is incredibly organized, and there was never a time where I contacted her and didn't get a response immediately. I promise she will plan & design your perfect wedding, she will hook you up with the best vendor team, she will be your right-hand lady, and during your special weekend, she will make you feel extremely at ease and like the rockstar you deserve to feel like on your wedding day! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mary, for making all of our dreams come true!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Mindy H

Mary Bell of Mary Bell Events, in Asheville, North Carolina was truly a life saver for me. I live in Greenville, N.C. and planning a wedding in Asheville scared me to death. The Omni Grove Park where my daughter got married gave me a list of planners. I called several within... Read More the Asheville area and knew right away Mary was the one. On the phone she gave me the confidence I needed, and I knew I would be able to trust her to guide me through the many processes of planning a wedding. Mary was always prompt in responding back to me and my daughter which was a huge plus in my book. When I was undecided on some issues, she would give options and her opinion when I asked for it. My daughter’s wedding was absolutely beautiful and we have so many happy memories. Thank you Mary for all your help during the planning and being there in person on the big day. P.S. The programs for the ceremony, the welcome bags, table name cards were all created by her. Personal touches were evident in the final product. Comments galore. Mary knows her vendors also!!! If you want a fabulous wedding, our Mary Bell is who you should go with.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Jordann W

Mary from Mary Bell Events was the reason why our wedding on 9.2.17 was absolutely perfect. When my husband and I got engaged, and decided to have a destination wedding in Asheville, NC, we knew we needed to get a wedding planner as soon as possible. I am a business owner and my... Read More husband is an ER doctor. We knew that neither of us had the time necessary to research, find and interview each vendor we wanted for our wedding. With this, I called Mary and we hit it off instantly. I knew there was a connection after a first call, so we decided to bring her on as our wedding planner. Her prices and packages were completely reasonable, and know that our wedding is over I can honestly say that she is worth her weight in GOLD! Without her assistance throughout the entire process, I believe our wedding day would have consisted of cupcakes at the courthouse instead of as a fairytale at the Biltmore Estates. For starters, Mary worked with me on a detailed timeline of when things needed to be accomplished. This relieved so much stress as I knew that nothing was going to be forgotten along this journey. After we finalized the time line, Mary worked hand in hand with me to find each vendor. She provided me with lists of her recommendations. She assured me that if I didn’t like any of then, she would continue to provide me with more until I found THE ONE. She was very understanding and easy to work with as it was her goal to make our day perfect. Once my husband and I decided on a vendor we liked, all we had to do was notify Mary, and she took it from there. She handled all of the negotiations, paperwork and conformation for each vendor for us. SHE MADE THIS PROCESS PAINLESS AND ENJOYBLE!! When I first met Mary, she expressed that she would be accessible for my needs 24/7. This was completely true. Every email I sent her was answered with a full explanation in no more then 24 hours. I ALWAYS felt like her most important client, even though I knew she was juggling many other brides at the same time. Every single request or questions I had was always taken seriously. Mary was very honest and forthcoming with information regarding our big day which aloud me to relax in knowing that everything was under control. As our big day approached we worked hand in hand to button up the final pieces. She even met us early for our ceremony rehearsal to go over decoration placement for our wedding day. On the wedding day Mary was in complete control. She made sure that all the vendors arrived when they needed to, that all the guests were where they needed to be, and that the wedding party was following the timeline so that everything would run perfectly. Above everything else, she made sure that my husband and I had everything we could possibly want or need to make that day the best days of our lives. Every detail that I had envisioned for our wedding fell into place perfectly because of Mary. If you are getting married in NC, I highly recommend using Mary Bell Events. After working with Mary for the past 9 months, I can honestly say that I consider her my friend.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Xue Z

Our wedding along with wedding planning was such a great experience! We got married at Biltmore Estate on August 12th 2017. We did venture shopping in Jan 2017 and signed contract with Biltmore in Feb 2017. We didn't really have much time for wedding planning. We reside in... Read More Houston TX, which made it harder to plan the wedding. In the beginning, we tried to plan the wedding ourselves and just hired a day of coordinator but soon realized that it was not doable since we were not familar with the Asheville area and not sure which vendors to select. We searched on weddingwire for a wedding planner and contacted a few wedding planners based on the rating. Mary responded to us really fast and scheduled a call with us a few days later. We had such a good call and it lasted about 35-40 minutes. Mary really took time to get to know us and asked us a series of questions to find out our wedding vision. We could tell from our first call with her that she's very experienced and passionate about wedding planning! We decided right away that this is our wedding planner even though we hadn't met her in person at that time. Everything went very smoothly from here. We got nailed down our vendors pretty quickly. Mary recommended us a great florist and a great band! We were very happy with the band and our flower arrangement. She was always readily available when we needed her help. Everything went really well on the wedding day! We can't wait for our professional photo shoots and wedding video! We would defintely recommend any couples hire Mary Bell as your wedding planner. Having Mary as your wedding planner would be a great investment to acheive your dream wedding!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Cathy B

Have you ever met someone and you just knew right away that they had a "calling" to be in a certain profession? Well, that was our immediate impression from the very beginning to the very end of the planning process for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding on July 1 in... Read More Asheville. Every detail was taken care of so that the day of the wedding could be a true celebration for the newlyweds, family, & friends. Mary Bell listened carefully to understand the personalities of the bride & groom & then made suggestions to make the wedding a reflection of their lives. Her choices for photographer, hair & makeup, florist, wedding cake, and reception venue were all fabulous! She was a godsend & a true blessing to our family.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Cathy B

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Gwendolyn B

Mary is second-to-none where event management and wedding services are concerned. She makes each bride and groom feel like they are the center of her day because they are. No detail is left unresolved and her attention to detail is top-notch. Our wedding party was super fun but... Read More as the bride I was concerned about the ceremony and reception running smoothly due to everyone having so much fun. Mary somehow corralled the group into presenting wonderfully while still allowing for everyone to have a phenomenal time. My dad (father of groom) even commented how she found him before his toast and made sure he had a full drink. Our wedding truly was the best day of our lives and we couldn't have done it without Mary Bell and her assistant Maddie! Thanks, MB! Making dreams come true one wedding at a time! :-)

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Randall W

Our daughter Kelsey’s wedding was a magical weekend -- for her, the wedding party and guests, thanks to Mary Bell. Mary’s attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile rank among the best people my wife and I have worked with. A few examples include her creation of... Read More a custom brochure to guide guests to area attractions, overseeing the resort’s staff to perform to her very high standards and establishing a timeline so everyone’s responsibilities were coordinated to achieve an amazingly successful event. Having worked with planners for our older daughter’s wedding and several large corporate events I know dealing with a seemingly unlimited number of factors and people’s widely varying expectations makes “incomparable excellence” a sought-after but seldom achieved objective. Mary exceeded our “insurmountable” goals, making Kelsey’s wedding dreams come true. Mary is amazingly talented and a special person. We are forever grateful for her tireless efforts in directing one of our life’s most meaningful events.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Amy L

Mary and her team did a great job! One of the biggest worries I had about getting a wedding coordinator was that they would push me to do things I didn't want to do or spend more money on things that weren't important. That never happened with Mary. She always gave great advice... Read More without pressure. I really could not have put this wedding on without her and her team.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Nikki (Rebecca ) B

Planning a destination wedding can be a daunting task. Mary Bell helped make the endeavor manageable & enjoyable. From the perspective of a mom with high expectations, Mary Bell clearly exceeded on all fronts. She helped us stay organized & make connections with outstanding... Read More vendors. The event was beautiful & enjoyable because of the pre-planning and exceptional staff of Mary Bell! Thank you Mary Bell for making all my daughters wedding dreams come true. It was a magical evening.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Rebecca B

Where do I begin?! Mary Bell Events was absolutely phenomenal from the second we booked them, to the very last second of our wedding night. From pretty much day one, Mary Bell made sure we were connected with the very best vendors in the area so that our wedding day would become... Read More the vision we imagined it. Within just a couple of weeks of signing, we had booked the band, hair and makeup, and florals -- all by recommendation of Mary Bell. We are happy to say that every last one of her recommended vendors exceeded our expectations on every front! Additionally, she helped secure favors, coordinate rentals, work with the venue, manage our ceremony and rehearsal layouts, create a weekend timeline --- this list just goes on and on. Throughout the process, Mary Bell kept a checklist of all that needed to be completed, and truly made sure we were on top of every last detail. I never felt like I was behind on anything -- it seemed every week we were given a small task to try to nail down and so never once was anything overwhelming! Mary Bell would respond to any question we had extremely quickly, and was just amazingly communicative throughout the process. Any question we had she answered with great detail, and if she could not answer immediately, would reach out to whoever necessary to get the needed information for us. She truly made the process so easy, and took away so much stress so that we could just enjoy and have fun in the process. All of my friends and family noted how easy and carefree of a bride I was – and I think in large part that was due to all Mary Bell did to help us plan our wedding! I just cannot say enough great things about Mary Bell and her team! Our wedding was a dream, and we cannot thank Mary Bell Events enough!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Erin F

Mary Bell was an absolute pleasure to work with and I could not speak more highly of her services! I had the pleasure to work side-by-side with Mary Bell to create the wedding of my dreams this past May, and the result was even better than I could have ever hoped for. From the... Read More very start of planning Mary was there to give me every recommendation or piece of advice that she had, while never stepping on my toes in the process. She helped me stick to my budget, find AMAZING vendors, and always kept my best interests at the forefront. The day of, Mary Bell truly pulled out all the stops to ensure my husband and I did not lift a finger, enabling us to enjoy every second of our day. I had not originally planned on having a wedding planner, but after our amazing experience with Mary Bell I have recommended her to every bride-to-be that I know! My husband and I have been reminiscing of our amazing wedding day and I know that it wouldn’t have been nearly as perfect or seamless without Mary Bell and her team. We will think of her for many years to come when we think about our wedding and the people that made it such a wonderful, memorable day. If the thought has even crossed your mind that you might need a little help (and even if it hasn’t), please consider Mary Bell, I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Alison B

Once my now husband and I became engaged, we knew a couple of things initially. We wanted to plan our wedding in 6 months, and we wanted to get married in Asheville, NC. We also live in New York City so this meant we would be planning a destination wedding and we needed an... Read More expert planner to put our special day together. We had to hit the ground running when we began working with Mary Bell and everything during the planning process and on the day were seamless! Mary Bell is an absolute joy to work with! Mary is the best, she made both Chris and I feel at ease during the entire planning process and considering there's a ton of details that need attention, this is a remarkable ability. Our wedding was picture perfect, and Mary and her team will always hold a very special place in our hearts. We are so grateful we were able to work with Mary, and have her expertise and talents dedicated to our special day. We could not have dreamed of a more perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Ashtyn Z

Mary Bell Events made our wedding experience incredible! Mary herself is always available and returns emails/answers questions almost immediately. Her knowledge and experience are incredible and are two things I relied on many times throughout the process and I trusted her word... Read More whole heartedly. I was nervous at first to spend the money on a wedding planner, but she was worth every dollar! She took much of the worry and concern away and made me feel at ease about choices I made. On the wedding day itself, she was calm and collected and totally cool headed and she really helped me and my husband enjoy our day and make sure we enjoyed the food and drinks served at the reception and not get swept up in the craziness. Also, her timeline was a lifesaver for a type-A personality like myself. I would highly recommend that any person who is considering a wedding planner in the Asheville area choose Mary Bell. She will take the worry and uncertainty away from your wedding planning experience and her connections with the vendors in the area will assure that you have the best of the best for your day! Mary Bell Events is the way to go!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Chris B

Mary Bell Events was by far the best investment we could have made for our special day. From the get go, Mary Bell was available, communicative, knowledgeable, professional, and on a personal level, an absolute pleasure to work with. She helped us with every aspect of our... Read More wedding, keeping our interests and budget in mind. Mary was our boots on the ground; Asheville was a destination wedding for us so we heavily relied on her and her team to handle all the planning and logistics. The results were unbelievable; we couldn’t have dreamed a better wedding, nor a better event/wedding planner. If you’re looking for someone to help you with your special day or event, good news, your search has ended.

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Ann B

Mary Bell was an absolute pleasure to work with. Our daughter was having her wedding in Asheville and we live in Colorado so I relied on Mary to help me with everything from hiring vendors to being there the wedding day to make sure everything went smoothly. She is very... Read More thorough in her planning and executing. I’m a very detailed person and we worked wonderfully together. We loved all the vendors she suggested and they were all very easy to work with. What I like about Mary’s style is that she guides but leaves the final decision to the bride and groom. That is a very important aspect to a wedding that some planners don’t realize. I would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Anne K

Mary was easy to work with. She was always available to my daughter and she made my job a breeze!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Marlee K

Mary Bell was absolutely a godsend. I got married in Asheville, NC from out of state so I had a lot of questions about best vendors, etc. After finding her information online I gave her a call and she was so happy to talk to me right then. From that point, she was my girl -... Read More she answered my questions before I even asked, responded right away and made sure I never felt confused or alone in the process. I wanted a lot of little extras that I felt were really important to bring my vision to life and she was so happy to help accommodate any of my special requests. Going in to the wedding planning process, I really had no idea what all went into making a wedding day a success and would have been lost without all of the helpful guidance from Mary. Day one, she provided me with all of the information so I was aware of what needed to be completed and when. She was great about keeping me on track when I fell behind and helped suggest which "tasks" I could check-off early so that I wouldn't be overwhelmed later on. She also took charge of managing all of the vendors, finances, etc. so that I was able to really focus on the fun stuff like wedding dress shopping and picking out flowers! The day of my wedding I felt 100% carefree with Mary on board. I didn't think once about the food, band, ceremony setup (and the list goes on) because I had her to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. I cannot stress enough how big of a deal this is - the morning of was hectic enough; getting ready and taking photos took up our entire morning and most of the afternoon - if I had to have been in charge of vendors and answering questions, it would have been a disaster. On top of all of this, she truly manage my nerves and kept me calm throughout the whole weekend. Mary is a very sweet, caring woman who is extremely gifted in wedding planning. I cannot help but believe I "lucked" into finding the best wedding planner and I cannot imagine my engagement year without her. Not only is she a special planner, but a good friend to me. Thank you so much, Mary!!!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Ashley C

Mary is amazing! My husband and I are glad we hired her as our wedding planner. She is organized, professional, responsive and was very delightful to work with! Mary was extremely helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. On the day of the wedding she handled... Read More everything and really made it stress free for us. We would highly recommend Mary to anyone! She works with some of the BEST vendors and we were very pleased with all of them. We are so happy what we picked Mary to help plan our very special and magical day! :)

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Lena C

First of all I have to be honest. Mary was just absolutely amazing! Being that weddings can be a stressful time in anyone’s life she literally took any stress away. Mary was so unbelievably organized, efficient and most important there for me. We discussed my needs, and budget... Read More and well it came out magically. I loved every minute of the planning process because of this fantastic woman. If there is any hesitation you have in finding a wedding planner I assure you that Mary would be the best choice you can possibly make(besides your partner of course). It brings joy to my heart to share my feelings about Mary. She was the best.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Lauren O

Mary and her team were absolutely amazing. I was one of those people that wasn't sure if I needed a wedding planner (what a joke). Looking back on that day - there is NO WAY I could have had everything run so smoothly. I had no stress because I knew everything was handled. It... Read More ended up being everything I wanted and more. I would not have changed a single thing and it was all due to Mary and her team's guidance. Can't wait to call Mary to help plan my 10 year anniversary party!

Mary Bell

I create a delightful and stress free planning experience for my clients. Whether it be a large corporate gala, romantic wedding, or small intimate social gathering, I will ensure that your event is facilitated flawlessly and that you have FUN along the way! Regardless of your budget, I will work side by side with you to see that your day is everything you've always dreamed it to be. You deserve it!