Specializing in destination weddings!

Mary Bell Events is a full service wedding & event planning company. We create the dream experience for today’s busy Bride. We understand your needs, whether you're on top of everything & just need us to pull it all together, or are feeling completely overwhelmed. We know how busy you, let us help!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Asheville, NC (828) 450-2209

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Adrienne P

My fiancé Zac and I just got married this past weekend and while I vowed to relax on our honeymoon, I just couldn't wait to rave about how amazing Mary Bell was, and had been, throughout the whole wedding planning process. We're from Chapel Hill and we wanted to get married in... Read More Asheville but were so overwhelmed with the destination wedding planning that my fiancé suggested I get a planner. I had talked to a few planners in addition to her, and after our conversation I knew she was the one. She has assisted in the entire planning from start to finish. She helped us pick a venue, choose the right colors and decorations, all while being the most organized and detailed person I think I've ever met. She made us a timeline so we never got behind or felt overloaded. When the day of came I felt so prepared thanks to her. We had an exact timeline of the ceremony and reception down to the minute. Our day went perfectly and my guests were amazed by all the details and placement in the decorations. She is truly a Godsend. I'm so happy we chose her and I really hope you do too. TRUST me, you need Mary Bell.

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

Mary Bell saved our wedding- there is just no ther way to say it! She is amazing and there are no words to describe how much her involvement helped us. We were a destination wedding couple and I am VERY busy with work. I don't know what we would have done without her. If she... Read More hadn't helped us, I really don't think we would have been able to pull it off. She is wonderful, talented, understanding, caring, dedicated and kind. The BEST! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend her to anyone and everyone. You will not find a better planner anywhere!

2014-10-20T10:59:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was my pleasure- you guys were great. You are so brilliant and talented, I am sure you would have been just fine but, I am so grateful to have been of assistance. I know it made a bug difference for you and... Read Less Read More

Hands Down Best Wedding Planner Ever!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

Mary Bell with Mary Bell Events is a God send! I met Mary during a florist appointment and we immediately hit it off. She was so receptive to everything I had to say and took the time to really listen and brainstorm ideas with me. Leading up to our wedding day Mary was... Read More constantly in contact with me, giving me updates and my favorite part, just checking on me to see how I was doing. With all that was going on it was nice to have someone who truly cared. When our wedding day finally came I was the normal nervous bride, but I trusted Mary 100%! She knew exactly what my vision was and ensured it came to fruition. With her I knew I could take the day to just be a bride and relax with family and friends (and of course get "beautified"). Mary would even visit me throughout the day in the Bridal Suite to give me updates and spoke to me in a calm voice that in-turn kept me calm. As the title of my article denotes, "Hands Down BEST Wedding Planner Ever!" these words are true. She's so good at what she does, I'm just going to have to hire her for a baby shower one day!

2014-09-23T09:55:06 Response from the vendor

Awww shucks... Thank you! You were an absolute joy. I had as much fun as you did!

Reviewed on 3/23/2018 Terri M

We were able to give our daughter a beautiful fairytale wedding thanks to Mary Bell Events. Mary was wonderful! The entire wedding from our first meeting with Mary through loading up our car to go home after the reception was so easy because of Mary Bell. She took. Are of... Read More everything. We had a minute by minute schedule for the day of the rehearsal and the wedding. Everything ran easily and calmly on time. The best thing I did for my daughter's wedding was to hire Mary Bell Events! If I could give Mary ten stars, I would. A big thank you to Mary Bell!

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Sarah H

I cannot even begin to thank Mary Bell and Mary Bell Events enough for absolutely every thing they did for us to make the day so special and perfect. We were having a Texas to NC destination wedding and from the very first phone call we had, I knew I had a great person on the... Read More ground in destination city. Mary took my feedback, told me no when I needed it, and was proactive in every way. I had high expectations being in the hospitality industry but I was never worried or concerned about anything. I loved collaborating with her and the amazing vendors she set me up with - each and every one brought their A-game and played a part in making everything wonderful! The team was in sync day of and if there were any small bumps, they were handled before they happened as the day and the planning was practically flawless. I'm lucky to have been able to work with such a talented professional. Five stars, really.

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Debbie H

Our daughter's wedding was held last weekend in Madison County with sunny skies, cool temperatures and on a mountain! Her dream wedding. We were honored to have Mary Bell Events helping us through our year long planning. Being a destination wedding, we couldn't have pulled... Read More this off without Mary's expertise in wedding planning/consulting. A true professional in her field. Every detail was taken care of through timely communications. Perfection - a great word to describe Mary Bell Events! Mary has a great work ethic and an eye for detail while staying on budget. She helped us create a stunning wedding and reception. A stress free event with Mary and her team in charge. A fun, fabulous, and friendly person. We will never forget Mary helping us to make my daughter's wedding day perfect. Debbie and Bill H.

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Tyler B

I wanted to take the time to write a review for Mary Bell from a groom's perspective and let you know how wonderful she is. Early on in the wedding planning process, I was against having a wedding planner. I figured we could save the extra money and put it towards other, more... Read More essential wedding expenses. Knowing that it would help put my bride at ease, I agreed to use the planning services of Mary Bell based on the amazing reviews we found on every wedding website. How could someone receive such stellar reviews just for helping to plan a wedding? From the beginning of our communication with her, Mary Bell quickly showed us the value-add she brings to the wedding planning process. Guys, let me go ahead and tell you: She.is.worth.every.penny. She has mastered the wedding planning process from start to finish and has the network and connections to ensure your vendors and selections are top notch. Many of our vendors even gave us a discount on their services knowing that they would be working with Mary throughout the process. Mary keeps a pulse on the latest wedding trends and traditions and can advise on any ideas that you, your significant other, or your parents may have. She knows how to successfully navigate the often treacherous waters of agreement, panic, second-guessing, and doubt that often flood the wedding planning experience. All of her recommended vendors exceeded our expectations, making our wedding day so special. She helped us plan our wedding weekend in great detail to keep our guests and wedding party informed and prepared, something I find lacking in so many other weddings. The day of the wedding she was our coach and quarterback, ensuring that everyone knew the plan and had a central contact for any questions or concerns. She made sure that my bride and I were taken care of and worry-free. As a result, we were able to enjoy our wedding while Mary Bell and her team beautifully orchestrated a day we will always remember. Bottom line: Wedding planners are worth the investment. Mary Bell is one of the best in the business. Let her help make your day an enjoyable, stress-free experience.

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Elizabeth M

After picking Asheville for my destination wedding, the best decision I made was hiring Mary as my wedding planner. She was extremely thorough, professional, and communicative throughout the entire process. She also was very conscious to pick vendors that fit within my budget.... Read More When we came up to Asheville for our only "wedding planning" trip, she spent the entire day with us tasting food, meeting with the florist, and designing the reception/ceremony. I think it takes a unique person to spend every weekend meeting with demanding brides and doing it with a smile on their face. I wouldn't last one day as a wedding planner. But, by the time the wedding weekend arrived, Mary had everything planned perfectly. She handled all of the behind the scenes work flawlessly and made our wedding day so stress free and enjoyable.

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 Kathy J

Our daughter's wedding this weekend was beyond anything I had ever envisioned thanks to Mary. Kelsey and Tyler were engaged in December, 2017 and as soon as they began to consider a destination wedding in Asheville, I began to stress over how to plan a wedding. When Kelsey... Read More first mentioned hiring a wedding planner, my first reaction was that we could do this ourselves and save money. One year later I will say that hiring Mary was the best decision they made. Mary quickly responded to all emails, gave excellent recommendations for vendors, calmed our nerves and led us through all events during the weekend. Mary is truly a miracle worker who worked hard to solve any problems, allowing us to enjoy the moment. After Friday night's rehearsal dinner, my husband asked Mary if there was any possibility of hiring a bagpiper to play outside the reception venue as guests arrived. By the time we were back at our hotel, Mary called with the news that she found a piper. Our guests praised the food, band, flowers, venues used....everything. When asked how we found such great vendors, I quickly said "Mary, our wedding planner did all the work," After the night ended I wanted to hire Mary to run my life. I cannot say enough about Mary and would highly recommend hiring her to plan any wedding. I cannot stop thinking about how truly stunning everything looked and how we all enjoyed every second with No Stress! I would give her infinite stars.... 5 is not enough!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Joann L

Mary Bell was amazing! So well organized and on top of every detail. This was a destination wedding for my husband and I and we were at complete aww on how Mary Bell orchestrated our event. No detail was overlooked. Her vendor recommendations were perfect. Our day could not... Read More have gone any smoother. She totally puts you at ease during the entire process, even our wedding day! If I could give her 10 stars I would!

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Lauren F

Mary and her team were an absolute dream to work with. We chose to get married in Asheville, NC while living out of state, and Mary made the entire process as stress-free as possible. From start to finish Mary was extremely patient and helpful. She answers her emails in a very... Read More timely manner and is always available to answer questions and chat. Mary is detail-oriented and accounted/planned for every aspect of our day. Our wedding day was absolutely flawless thanks to her and her team. Things went smoothly throughout the entire day and Mary remained calm, which helped keep me calm. Whenever Mary saw me in my dress with hair and makeup done, she teared up a little. That's more than a wedding planner, that's a friend. Mary has access to amazing vendors that give you the best prices and services. All in all, Mary Bell Events was a lucky find and we could not have picked anyone better. Mary Bell made our wedding dreams come true and I will miss working with her.

Reviewed on 12/16/2017 Sarah C

Mary made our wedding absolutely perfect!! We were worried that planning our wedding from a different state would be difficult, but everything with Mary was not only a breeze but so enjoyable. From the very first phone call, Mary was ON TOP OF IT!! It was never difficult to get... Read More in touch with her or get a response to a question. We even booked our venue and almost every vendor before visiting Asheville. Mary listened to what we were looking for and provided options for each vendor within our budget. We were even able to fit every initial appointment and tastings into just 2 days, which took a lot of coordination on her part! We wanted a rustic yet elegant and chic wedding and she took our vision for our wedding day and made it a reality. Everything was even more beautiful than we could’ve ever dreamt of. The wedding day went just as planned and if there were any hiccups, neither of us were aware! She made sure we had everything done as early as possible so that we could enjoy every moment leading up to the wedding. When it came to the planning and logistics, her expertise in this industry is the unmatched. I felt one hundred percent comfortable entrusting her with any decision that I wasn’t able to make because I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed! Thank you Mary for giving me the wedding of my dreams and making me feel like the luckiest bride in the world! Jonathan and I were blown away and it was the best start to our marriage!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Jonathan C

Mary knew what she was doing and worked with my wife and I on our vision for the wedding. At first I didn't think we needed a wedding planner but so very thankful that my wife insisted. Mary helped in every aspect from start to finish. Amazing lady! Many thanks Mary!!! JPC

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 F. O

The BEST in the Carolina Area!! Wow, what an outstanding destination wedding weekend. Mary Bell Events was the event planner for my son and his wife’s wedding in Ashville North Carolina. Coming from New York, Manhattan area and the Bride and Groom living in Washington DC we did... Read More not know any events planners from North Carolina. After doing a lot of research we hired Mary Bell Events. We had over 130 guests mostly out of town guests and three events. We were very glad we hired Mary Bell’s for the full package. Mary’s expertise in planning all three events and her vendor recommendations were outstanding. We started the weekend with beautiful welcome boxes that Mary Bell and her talented staff put together. All our guests raved about the welcome boxes. I would definitely recommend the welcome boxes. It was a very nice way to start our wedding weekend. Mary helped us plan an outstanding rehearsal dinner at the Capital Club with a great caterer, talented singer, special lighting and incredible desert and popcorn vendors as a theme for our montage. The next day we had the most gorgeous outdoor ceremony at Asheville Country Club followed with a wonderful reception. The flowers at the ceremony and the centerpieces were the most beautiful I ever saw and the table names cards were outstanding. All guests commented how they enjoyed all the events. Mary Bell and her assistances made our family and friends feel comfortable while still making sure that everything ran smoothly and stayed on schedule. Mary Bell and her assistances were there at all three events from the beginning to the end to ensure the success of each event. I cannot compliment Mary Bell enough for her creativity, personal touches, attention to detail, organization skills and she is a pleasure to work with. Mary Bell and her assistances made the weekend a huge success with many great memories. I HIGHLY recommend Mary Bell Events. She will make you wedding perfect!!!! Florence R

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Shannon D

Mary and her team absolutely crushed it. We're currently living out in CO but we wanted to get married in our home state of North Carolina. At the beginning, planning such an event (200+ guests) remotely was incredibly overwhelming even to think about. I trusted reviews I read... Read More and reached out to Mary. Keep in mind that I am not the type of girl who has been planning my wedding since I was 4 and from that first phone call with Mary, I knew I could relax knowing that it was all going to fall into place. Mary's reviews, her professionalism, her entire network of wonderful people she works with.. it's incredible. She's easily relatable and I had fun working with her throughout the planning process, too. She helped us with everything - color scheme to band recommendations (absolutely listen to her) to flowers to room blocks to the ceremony rehearsal. And then throughout our actual wedding, we were completely hands off from planning or logistics or from anything else tied to details. We just completely and totally enjoyed ourselves and our day. That was what was important to me: I wanted to enjoy our actual wedding and not deal with the little things - to be present there in the moment, get married to my best friend, and celebrate with friends and family. And we did just that because of Mary and her team. Couldn't recommend her more. Hit her up, tell her Shannon says hi.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

Mary Bell is one of the most hard-working, committed and talented event coordinators I have had the pleasure of working with. She has such creative vision and her taste is impeccable. Whether you want a little bit of help executing the details on your wedding day, or to utilize... Read More Mary and her team for full service coordination, you can be sure that no detail will go unnoticed and the experience will be exceptional. Mary is 100% committed to her clients and goes well above and beyond expectations- she even creates keepsake gifts for guests and name tags for seating charts- tailored to match each perfectly executed wedding theme. You will not find anyone more deserving of your trust to ensure that yours is a perfect wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Robert K

Attention to every detail and a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Suzanne K

WOW what an incredible job Mary Bell Events did. Great team good so everyone had a super time.

2017-10-30T16:13:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad that you were pleased! It was a pleasure to be of service for such a special occasion!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Heather H

Mary Bell was a dream to work with! I got married in September and we were working together for my wedding for the past year. Since I am not local and needed ALOT of help, she made this process smooth sailing! She helped find vendors in my budget, give me her honest opinion on... Read More what we needed or what we did not need,BUT above all, made sure the day was what I wanted. When you live 7 hours away from where you are getting married, you need someone like Mary to help you. She was absolutely perfect! I could have not imagined picking a better coordinator to help me for my wedding. My parents loved her so much and raved weeks later about how great she was. She is so wonderful. Thanks again Mary! :)

2017-10-30T16:14:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!!! It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a beautiful bride! So happy to read your post!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Keith V

Mary Bell of Mary Bell Events was the first (and best) decision that my fiancee (now my wonderful wife) made when we finally decided to 'go big' in terms of wedding day. Mary kept her eye on every detail, making sure that every little thing was just "as we wanted it". The... Read More flowers I will never forget, nor the beauty of my bride on that day. And I know, since I am a total Virgo, that this could only have been possible if every detail was perfect, and that is what Mary brought to the table. I cannot recommend more (as does my wife) that if you are going to have a wedding planner, that you choose Mary.

2017-10-30T16:15:00 Response from the vendor

Haha... so true! All my bets friends are Virgos though! Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. Loved every minute!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Spencer

My wife and I choose Mary on the basis that she came highly recommended and that we were going to have a "Mountains" wedding. Mary was brilliant. She and my wife Sarah got along great, handle all our freak outs about the venue, and there were a few, managed every element of... Read More the process....the wedding bags, the invitations, the table settings. Mary - You are the Rockstar, and we highly recommend her.

2017-10-30T16:15:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Sarah was a dream bride... and you were a dream as well!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Faith V

Mary is THE Wedding Planner you need, and want if you are as particular and fastidious as I am. My now husband was so relieved with how everything went, but mostly, he was happy with how happy I was. Thank you Mary for being the incredible person you are. You made our day the... Read More best.

2017-10-30T16:15:43 Response from the vendor

Than you so much! It was a pleasure!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Lauren E

Mary Bell Events made planning our wedding, and the wedding itself, stress free and extremely enjoyable! They were there for us from start to finish making sure our big day went according to plan. I could not have asked for a better team to make our wedding everything that we... Read More could have imagined, and in our budget! All of the preferred vendors Mary Bell suggested to us were phenomenal! Our day went off without a hitch and we could not have been happier!

2017-10-30T16:16:24 Response from the vendor

We sure had an all-star vendor team! So glad you were pleased. It was a wonderful night indeed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Erin H

Working with Mary Bell Events was the most wonderful experience and helped to make our wedding day so easy, effortless, and amazing! We really appreciate all of the hard work that led up to the big day and the awesome job on the day of. We felt so taken care of and were able to... Read More fully enjoy our day, knowing that all of the details were covered. I would highly recommend Mary Bell Events!!

2017-10-30T16:16:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I wanted SO much for you to have the perfect day! You are an angel!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Melinda H

Mary was absolutely amazing to work with on my wedding! She kept us on schedule with planning, and she was always available when we had any questions, concerns, or just needed her opinion when we were not sure on something. As for the wedding day itself, it was everything we... Read More could have dreamed of. I didn’t really have any nerves on that day because I knew I was in good hands with Mary and her team. It was truly so nice to not have to worry about any of the details or things that might come up because I knew she would handle whatever was thrown at us. Mary is absolutely AMAZING at what she does. We are so glad you were our planner, and we had the chance to work with you this past year! We highly recommend her if you are looking for someone!

2017-10-30T16:17:46 Response from the vendor

Shucks.... thank you! It was my pleasure to be of service. Thank you once again for selecting Mary Bell Events for such a special time in your lives!

Mary Bell

I create a delightful and stress free planning experience for my clients. Whether it be a large corporate gala, romantic wedding, or small intimate social gathering, I will ensure that your event is facilitated flawlessly and that you have FUN along the way! Regardless of your budget, I will work side by side with you to see that your day is everything you've always dreamed it to be. You deserve it!