Specializing in destination weddings!

Mary Bell Events is a full service wedding & event planning company. We create the dream experience for today’s busy Bride. We understand your needs, whether you're on top of everything & just need us to pull it all together, or are feeling completely overwhelmed. We know how busy you, let us help!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100

Asheville, NC (828) 450-2209

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Adrienne P

My fiancé Zac and I just got married this past weekend and while I vowed to relax on our honeymoon, I just couldn't wait to rave about how amazing Mary Bell was, and had been, throughout the whole wedding planning process. We're from Chapel Hill and we wanted to get married in... Read More Asheville but were so overwhelmed with the destination wedding planning that my fiancé suggested I get a planner. I had talked to a few planners in addition to her, and after our conversation I knew she was the one. She has assisted in the entire planning from start to finish. She helped us pick a venue, choose the right colors and decorations, all while being the most organized and detailed person I think I've ever met. She made us a timeline so we never got behind or felt overloaded. When the day of came I felt so prepared thanks to her. We had an exact timeline of the ceremony and reception down to the minute. Our day went perfectly and my guests were amazed by all the details and placement in the decorations. She is truly a Godsend. I'm so happy we chose her and I really hope you do too. TRUST me, you need Mary Bell.

Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

Mary Bell saved our wedding- there is just no ther way to say it! She is amazing and there are no words to describe how much her involvement helped us. We were a destination wedding couple and I am VERY busy with work. I don't know what we would have done without her. If she... Read More hadn't helped us, I really don't think we would have been able to pull it off. She is wonderful, talented, understanding, caring, dedicated and kind. The BEST! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend her to anyone and everyone. You will not find a better planner anywhere!

2014-10-20T10:59:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was my pleasure- you guys were great. You are so brilliant and talented, I am sure you would have been just fine but, I am so grateful to have been of assistance. I know it made a bug difference for you and... Read Less Read More

Hands Down Best Wedding Planner Ever!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

Mary Bell with Mary Bell Events is a God send! I met Mary during a florist appointment and we immediately hit it off. She was so receptive to everything I had to say and took the time to really listen and brainstorm ideas with me. Leading up to our wedding day Mary was... Read More constantly in contact with me, giving me updates and my favorite part, just checking on me to see how I was doing. With all that was going on it was nice to have someone who truly cared. When our wedding day finally came I was the normal nervous bride, but I trusted Mary 100%! She knew exactly what my vision was and ensured it came to fruition. With her I knew I could take the day to just be a bride and relax with family and friends (and of course get "beautified"). Mary would even visit me throughout the day in the Bridal Suite to give me updates and spoke to me in a calm voice that in-turn kept me calm. As the title of my article denotes, "Hands Down BEST Wedding Planner Ever!" these words are true. She's so good at what she does, I'm just going to have to hire her for a baby shower one day!

2014-09-23T09:55:06 Response from the vendor

Awww shucks... Thank you! You were an absolute joy. I had as much fun as you did!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Jonathan C

Mary knew what she was doing and worked with my wife and I on our vision for the wedding. At first I didn't think we needed a wedding planner but so very thankful that my wife insisted. Mary helped in every aspect from start to finish. Amazing lady! Many thanks Mary!!! JPC

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 F. O

The BEST in the Carolina Area!! Wow, what an outstanding destination wedding weekend. Mary Bell Events was the event planner for my son and his wife’s wedding in Ashville North Carolina. Coming from New York, Manhattan area and the Bride and Groom living in Washington DC we did... Read More not know any events planners from North Carolina. After doing a lot of research we hired Mary Bell Events. We had over 130 guests mostly out of town guests and three events. We were very glad we hired Mary Bell’s for the full package. Mary’s expertise in planning all three events and her vendor recommendations were outstanding. We started the weekend with beautiful welcome boxes that Mary Bell and her talented staff put together. All our guests raved about the welcome boxes. I would definitely recommend the welcome boxes. It was a very nice way to start our wedding weekend. Mary helped us plan an outstanding rehearsal dinner at the Capital Club with a great caterer, talented singer, special lighting and incredible desert and popcorn vendors as a theme for our montage. The next day we had the most gorgeous outdoor ceremony at Asheville Country Club followed with a wonderful reception. The flowers at the ceremony and the centerpieces were the most beautiful I ever saw and the table names cards were outstanding. All guests commented how they enjoyed all the events. Mary Bell and her assistances made our family and friends feel comfortable while still making sure that everything ran smoothly and stayed on schedule. Mary Bell and her assistances were there at all three events from the beginning to the end to ensure the success of each event. I cannot compliment Mary Bell enough for her creativity, personal touches, attention to detail, organization skills and she is a pleasure to work with. Mary Bell and her assistances made the weekend a huge success with many great memories. I HIGHLY recommend Mary Bell Events. She will make you wedding perfect!!!! Florence R

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Shannon D

Mary and her team absolutely crushed it. We're currently living out in CO but we wanted to get married in our home state of North Carolina. At the beginning, planning such an event (200+ guests) remotely was incredibly overwhelming even to think about. I trusted reviews I read... Read More and reached out to Mary. Keep in mind that I am not the type of girl who has been planning my wedding since I was 4 and from that first phone call with Mary, I knew I could relax knowing that it was all going to fall into place. Mary's reviews, her professionalism, her entire network of wonderful people she works with.. it's incredible. She's easily relatable and I had fun working with her throughout the planning process, too. She helped us with everything - color scheme to band recommendations (absolutely listen to her) to flowers to room blocks to the ceremony rehearsal. And then throughout our actual wedding, we were completely hands off from planning or logistics or from anything else tied to details. We just completely and totally enjoyed ourselves and our day. That was what was important to me: I wanted to enjoy our actual wedding and not deal with the little things - to be present there in the moment, get married to my best friend, and celebrate with friends and family. And we did just that because of Mary and her team. Couldn't recommend her more. Hit her up, tell her Shannon says hi.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

Mary Bell is one of the most hard-working, committed and talented event coordinators I have had the pleasure of working with. She has such creative vision and her taste is impeccable. Whether you want a little bit of help executing the details on your wedding day, or to utilize... Read More Mary and her team for full service coordination, you can be sure that no detail will go unnoticed and the experience will be exceptional. Mary is 100% committed to her clients and goes well above and beyond expectations- she even creates keepsake gifts for guests and name tags for seating charts- tailored to match each perfectly executed wedding theme. You will not find anyone more deserving of your trust to ensure that yours is a perfect wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Robert K

Attention to every detail and a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Suzanne K

WOW what an incredible job Mary Bell Events did. Great team good so everyone had a super time.

2017-10-30T16:13:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad that you were pleased! It was a pleasure to be of service for such a special occasion!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Heather H

Mary Bell was a dream to work with! I got married in September and we were working together for my wedding for the past year. Since I am not local and needed ALOT of help, she made this process smooth sailing! She helped find vendors in my budget, give me her honest opinion on... Read More what we needed or what we did not need,BUT above all, made sure the day was what I wanted. When you live 7 hours away from where you are getting married, you need someone like Mary to help you. She was absolutely perfect! I could have not imagined picking a better coordinator to help me for my wedding. My parents loved her so much and raved weeks later about how great she was. She is so wonderful. Thanks again Mary! :)

2017-10-30T16:14:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!!! It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a beautiful bride! So happy to read your post!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Keith V

Mary Bell of Mary Bell Events was the first (and best) decision that my fiancee (now my wonderful wife) made when we finally decided to 'go big' in terms of wedding day. Mary kept her eye on every detail, making sure that every little thing was just "as we wanted it". The... Read More flowers I will never forget, nor the beauty of my bride on that day. And I know, since I am a total Virgo, that this could only have been possible if every detail was perfect, and that is what Mary brought to the table. I cannot recommend more (as does my wife) that if you are going to have a wedding planner, that you choose Mary.

2017-10-30T16:15:00 Response from the vendor

Haha... so true! All my bets friends are Virgos though! Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. Loved every minute!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Spencer

My wife and I choose Mary on the basis that she came highly recommended and that we were going to have a "Mountains" wedding. Mary was brilliant. She and my wife Sarah got along great, handle all our freak outs about the venue, and there were a few, managed every element of... Read More the process....the wedding bags, the invitations, the table settings. Mary - You are the Rockstar, and we highly recommend her.

2017-10-30T16:15:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Sarah was a dream bride... and you were a dream as well!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Faith V

Mary is THE Wedding Planner you need, and want if you are as particular and fastidious as I am. My now husband was so relieved with how everything went, but mostly, he was happy with how happy I was. Thank you Mary for being the incredible person you are. You made our day the... Read More best.

2017-10-30T16:15:43 Response from the vendor

Than you so much! It was a pleasure!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Lauren E

Mary Bell Events made planning our wedding, and the wedding itself, stress free and extremely enjoyable! They were there for us from start to finish making sure our big day went according to plan. I could not have asked for a better team to make our wedding everything that we... Read More could have imagined, and in our budget! All of the preferred vendors Mary Bell suggested to us were phenomenal! Our day went off without a hitch and we could not have been happier!

2017-10-30T16:16:24 Response from the vendor

We sure had an all-star vendor team! So glad you were pleased. It was a wonderful night indeed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Erin H

Working with Mary Bell Events was the most wonderful experience and helped to make our wedding day so easy, effortless, and amazing! We really appreciate all of the hard work that led up to the big day and the awesome job on the day of. We felt so taken care of and were able to... Read More fully enjoy our day, knowing that all of the details were covered. I would highly recommend Mary Bell Events!!

2017-10-30T16:16:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I wanted SO much for you to have the perfect day! You are an angel!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Melinda H

Mary was absolutely amazing to work with on my wedding! She kept us on schedule with planning, and she was always available when we had any questions, concerns, or just needed her opinion when we were not sure on something. As for the wedding day itself, it was everything we... Read More could have dreamed of. I didn’t really have any nerves on that day because I knew I was in good hands with Mary and her team. It was truly so nice to not have to worry about any of the details or things that might come up because I knew she would handle whatever was thrown at us. Mary is absolutely AMAZING at what she does. We are so glad you were our planner, and we had the chance to work with you this past year! We highly recommend her if you are looking for someone!

2017-10-30T16:17:46 Response from the vendor

Shucks.... thank you! It was my pleasure to be of service. Thank you once again for selecting Mary Bell Events for such a special time in your lives!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Morgan G

Hiring Mary Bell Events as your wedding planner will be the best decision you ever make. Mary and her staff will take the absolite best care of you from the moment you have your first conversation to the second you step out of your reception. Mary helped my Atlanta-based... Read More husband and I plan a gorgeous destination wedding at The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. It was not your traditional wedding, and she executed everything flawlessly. There are a million little things that you don't think about at the onset of planning a destination wedding (or any kind of wedding), and Mary will keep you on the ball and on track the entire time. Every detail, from the lighting in the ceremony space, to the way the napkins are folded for dinner will be planned with grace. Every single aspect of your timeline will be organized to perfection. She is amazing at what she does, she is incredibly organized, and there was never a time where I contacted her and didn't get a response immediately. I promise she will plan & design your perfect wedding, she will hook you up with the best vendor team, she will be your right-hand lady, and during your special weekend, she will make you feel extremely at ease and like the rockstar you deserve to feel like on your wedding day! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mary, for making all of our dreams come true!!

2017-10-30T16:18:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!! Sometimes I am afraid TOO organized... but I guess that would be an impossibility in this biz! So happy you appreciated the dedication for your big day! It was beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Mindy H

Mary Bell of Mary Bell Events, in Asheville, North Carolina was truly a life saver for me. I live in Greenville, N.C. and planning a wedding in Asheville scared me to death. The Omni Grove Park where my daughter got married gave me a list of planners. I called several within... Read More the Asheville area and knew right away Mary was the one. On the phone she gave me the confidence I needed, and I knew I would be able to trust her to guide me through the many processes of planning a wedding. Mary was always prompt in responding back to me and my daughter which was a huge plus in my book. When I was undecided on some issues, she would give options and her opinion when I asked for it. My daughter’s wedding was absolutely beautiful and we have so many happy memories. Thank you Mary for all your help during the planning and being there in person on the big day. P.S. The programs for the ceremony, the welcome bags, table name cards were all created by her. Personal touches were evident in the final product. Comments galore. Mary knows her vendors also!!! If you want a fabulous wedding, our Mary Bell is who you should go with.

2017-10-30T16:19:31 Response from the vendor

I LOVED working with you and your precious daughter. Thank YOU for the opportunity. Her wedding was an EPIC dream!!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Jordann W

Mary from Mary Bell Events was the reason why our wedding on 9.2.17 was absolutely perfect. When my husband and I got engaged, and decided to have a destination wedding in Asheville, NC, we knew we needed to get a wedding planner as soon as possible. I am a business owner and my... Read More husband is an ER doctor. We knew that neither of us had the time necessary to research, find and interview each vendor we wanted for our wedding. With this, I called Mary and we hit it off instantly. I knew there was a connection after a first call, so we decided to bring her on as our wedding planner. Her prices and packages were completely reasonable, and know that our wedding is over I can honestly say that she is worth her weight in GOLD! Without her assistance throughout the entire process, I believe our wedding day would have consisted of cupcakes at the courthouse instead of as a fairytale at the Biltmore Estates. For starters, Mary worked with me on a detailed timeline of when things needed to be accomplished. This relieved so much stress as I knew that nothing was going to be forgotten along this journey. After we finalized the time line, Mary worked hand in hand with me to find each vendor. She provided me with lists of her recommendations. She assured me that if I didn’t like any of then, she would continue to provide me with more until I found THE ONE. She was very understanding and easy to work with as it was her goal to make our day perfect. Once my husband and I decided on a vendor we liked, all we had to do was notify Mary, and she took it from there. She handled all of the negotiations, paperwork and conformation for each vendor for us. SHE MADE THIS PROCESS PAINLESS AND ENJOYBLE!! When I first met Mary, she expressed that she would be accessible for my needs 24/7. This was completely true. Every email I sent her was answered with a full explanation in no more then 24 hours. I ALWAYS felt like her most important client, even though I knew she was juggling many other brides at the same time. Every single request or questions I had was always taken seriously. Mary was very honest and forthcoming with information regarding our big day which aloud me to relax in knowing that everything was under control. As our big day approached we worked hand in hand to button up the final pieces. She even met us early for our ceremony rehearsal to go over decoration placement for our wedding day. On the wedding day Mary was in complete control. She made sure that all the vendors arrived when they needed to, that all the guests were where they needed to be, and that the wedding party was following the timeline so that everything would run perfectly. Above everything else, she made sure that my husband and I had everything we could possibly want or need to make that day the best days of our lives. Every detail that I had envisioned for our wedding fell into place perfectly because of Mary. If you are getting married in NC, I highly recommend using Mary Bell Events. After working with Mary for the past 9 months, I can honestly say that I consider her my friend.

2017-10-30T16:20:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!! Your wedding was SO incredible. Just perfect in every way. Somehow we DID make it even more beautiful than your stunning inspiration photos! We did it... together! :)

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Xue Z

Our wedding along with wedding planning was such a great experience! We got married at Biltmore Estate on August 12th 2017. We did venture shopping in Jan 2017 and signed contract with Biltmore in Feb 2017. We didn't really have much time for wedding planning. We reside in... Read More Houston TX, which made it harder to plan the wedding. In the beginning, we tried to plan the wedding ourselves and just hired a day of coordinator but soon realized that it was not doable since we were not familar with the Asheville area and not sure which vendors to select. We searched on weddingwire for a wedding planner and contacted a few wedding planners based on the rating. Mary responded to us really fast and scheduled a call with us a few days later. We had such a good call and it lasted about 35-40 minutes. Mary really took time to get to know us and asked us a series of questions to find out our wedding vision. We could tell from our first call with her that she's very experienced and passionate about wedding planning! We decided right away that this is our wedding planner even though we hadn't met her in person at that time. Everything went very smoothly from here. We got nailed down our vendors pretty quickly. Mary recommended us a great florist and a great band! We were very happy with the band and our flower arrangement. She was always readily available when we needed her help. Everything went really well on the wedding day! We can't wait for our professional photo shoots and wedding video! We would defintely recommend any couples hire Mary Bell as your wedding planner. Having Mary as your wedding planner would be a great investment to acheive your dream wedding!

2017-10-30T16:21:09 Response from the vendor

Aww..... thank you!!! I LOVED working with you!!! You were such a wonderful bride and I miss giggling on the phone with you two!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Cathy B

Have you ever met someone and you just knew right away that they had a "calling" to be in a certain profession? Well, that was our immediate impression from the very beginning to the very end of the planning process for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding on July 1 in... Read More Asheville. Every detail was taken care of so that the day of the wedding could be a true celebration for the newlyweds, family, & friends. Mary Bell listened carefully to understand the personalities of the bride & groom & then made suggestions to make the wedding a reflection of their lives. Her choices for photographer, hair & makeup, florist, wedding cake, and reception venue were all fabulous! She was a godsend & a true blessing to our family.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Gwendolyn B

Mary is second-to-none where event management and wedding services are concerned. She makes each bride and groom feel like they are the center of her day because they are. No detail is left unresolved and her attention to detail is top-notch. Our wedding party was super fun but... Read More as the bride I was concerned about the ceremony and reception running smoothly due to everyone having so much fun. Mary somehow corralled the group into presenting wonderfully while still allowing for everyone to have a phenomenal time. My dad (father of groom) even commented how she found him before his toast and made sure he had a full drink. Our wedding truly was the best day of our lives and we couldn't have done it without Mary Bell and her assistant Maddie! Thanks, MB! Making dreams come true one wedding at a time! :-)

2017-10-30T16:22:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!! I am so blessed with a wonderful team! It was my pleasure to be of service!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Randall W

Our daughter Kelsey’s wedding was a magical weekend -- for her, the wedding party and guests, thanks to Mary Bell. Mary’s attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile rank among the best people my wife and I have worked with. A few examples include her creation of... Read More a custom brochure to guide guests to area attractions, overseeing the resort’s staff to perform to her very high standards and establishing a timeline so everyone’s responsibilities were coordinated to achieve an amazingly successful event. Having worked with planners for our older daughter’s wedding and several large corporate events I know dealing with a seemingly unlimited number of factors and people’s widely varying expectations makes “incomparable excellence” a sought-after but seldom achieved objective. Mary exceeded our “insurmountable” goals, making Kelsey’s wedding dreams come true. Mary is amazingly talented and a special person. We are forever grateful for her tireless efforts in directing one of our life’s most meaningful events.

2017-10-30T16:23:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you! One of the most beautiful weddings of the 2017 season for certain! Loved working with you and your darling daughter! Best Wishes!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Amy L

Mary and her team did a great job! One of the biggest worries I had about getting a wedding coordinator was that they would push me to do things I didn't want to do or spend more money on things that weren't important. That never happened with Mary. She always gave great advice... Read More without pressure. I really could not have put this wedding on without her and her team.

2017-10-30T16:24:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It is so important for planners to help their clients bring their OWN vision to life! I am so glad I was there to help you bring your dream to a reality!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Nikki (Rebecca ) B

Planning a destination wedding can be a daunting task. Mary Bell helped make the endeavor manageable & enjoyable. From the perspective of a mom with high expectations, Mary Bell clearly exceeded on all fronts. She helped us stay organized & make connections with outstanding... Read More vendors. The event was beautiful & enjoyable because of the pre-planning and exceptional staff of Mary Bell! Thank you Mary Bell for making all my daughters wedding dreams come true. It was a magical evening.

2017-10-30T16:25:16 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure! Magical indeed! Thank you for your kind words... it was my pleasure to be of service!

Mary Bell

I create a delightful and stress free planning experience for my clients. Whether it be a large corporate gala, romantic wedding, or small intimate social gathering, I will ensure that your event is facilitated flawlessly and that you have FUN along the way! Regardless of your budget, I will work side by side with you to see that your day is everything you've always dreamed it to be. You deserve it!