Specializing in destination weddings!

Mary Bell Events is a full service wedding & event planning company. We create the dream experience for today’s busy Bride. We understand your needs, whether you're on top of everything & just need us to pull it all together, or are feeling completely overwhelmed. We know how busy you, let us help!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Asheville, NC (828) 450-2209

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Adrienne P

My fiancé Zac and I just got married this past weekend and while I vowed to relax on our honeymoon, I just couldn't wait to rave about how amazing Mary Bell was, and had been, throughout the whole wedding planning process. We're from Chapel Hill and we wanted to get married in... Read More Asheville but were so overwhelmed with the destination wedding planning that my fiancé suggested I get a planner. I had talked to a few planners in addition to her, and after our conversation I knew she was the one. She has assisted in the entire planning from start to finish. She helped us pick a venue, choose the right colors and decorations, all while being the most organized and detailed person I think I've ever met. She made us a timeline so we never got behind or felt overloaded. When the day of came I felt so prepared thanks to her. We had an exact timeline of the ceremony and reception down to the minute. Our day went perfectly and my guests were amazed by all the details and placement in the decorations. She is truly a Godsend. I'm so happy we chose her and I really hope you do too. TRUST me, you need Mary Bell.

Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

Mary Bell saved our wedding- there is just no ther way to say it! She is amazing and there are no words to describe how much her involvement helped us. We were a destination wedding couple and I am VERY busy with work. I don't know what we would have done without her. If she... Read More hadn't helped us, I really don't think we would have been able to pull it off. She is wonderful, talented, understanding, caring, dedicated and kind. The BEST! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend her to anyone and everyone. You will not find a better planner anywhere!

2014-10-20T10:59:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was my pleasure- you guys were great. You are so brilliant and talented, I am sure you would have been just fine but, I am so grateful to have been of assistance. I know it made a bug difference for you and... Read Less Read More

Hands Down Best Wedding Planner Ever!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

Mary Bell with Mary Bell Events is a God send! I met Mary during a florist appointment and we immediately hit it off. She was so receptive to everything I had to say and took the time to really listen and brainstorm ideas with me. Leading up to our wedding day Mary was... Read More constantly in contact with me, giving me updates and my favorite part, just checking on me to see how I was doing. With all that was going on it was nice to have someone who truly cared. When our wedding day finally came I was the normal nervous bride, but I trusted Mary 100%! She knew exactly what my vision was and ensured it came to fruition. With her I knew I could take the day to just be a bride and relax with family and friends (and of course get "beautified"). Mary would even visit me throughout the day in the Bridal Suite to give me updates and spoke to me in a calm voice that in-turn kept me calm. As the title of my article denotes, "Hands Down BEST Wedding Planner Ever!" these words are true. She's so good at what she does, I'm just going to have to hire her for a baby shower one day!

2014-09-23T09:55:06 Response from the vendor

Awww shucks... Thank you! You were an absolute joy. I had as much fun as you did!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Cathy B

Have you ever met someone and you just knew right away that they had a "calling" to be in a certain profession? Well, that was our immediate impression from the very beginning to the very end of the planning process for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding on July 1 in... Read More Asheville. Every detail was taken care of so that the day of the wedding could be a true celebration for the newlyweds, family, & friends. Mary Bell listened carefully to understand the personalities of the bride & groom & then made suggestions to make the wedding a reflection of their lives. Her choices for photographer, hair & makeup, florist, wedding cake, and reception venue were all fabulous! She was a godsend & a true blessing to our family.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Cathy B

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Gwendolyn B

Mary is second-to-none where event management and wedding services are concerned. She makes each bride and groom feel like they are the center of her day because they are. No detail is left unresolved and her attention to detail is top-notch. Our wedding party was super fun but... Read More as the bride I was concerned about the ceremony and reception running smoothly due to everyone having so much fun. Mary somehow corralled the group into presenting wonderfully while still allowing for everyone to have a phenomenal time. My dad (father of groom) even commented how she found him before his toast and made sure he had a full drink. Our wedding truly was the best day of our lives and we couldn't have done it without Mary Bell and her assistant Maddie! Thanks, MB! Making dreams come true one wedding at a time! :-)

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Randall W

Our daughter Kelsey’s wedding was a magical weekend -- for her, the wedding party and guests, thanks to Mary Bell. Mary’s attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile rank among the best people my wife and I have worked with. A few examples include her creation of... Read More a custom brochure to guide guests to area attractions, overseeing the resort’s staff to perform to her very high standards and establishing a timeline so everyone’s responsibilities were coordinated to achieve an amazingly successful event. Having worked with planners for our older daughter’s wedding and several large corporate events I know dealing with a seemingly unlimited number of factors and people’s widely varying expectations makes “incomparable excellence” a sought-after but seldom achieved objective. Mary exceeded our “insurmountable” goals, making Kelsey’s wedding dreams come true. Mary is amazingly talented and a special person. We are forever grateful for her tireless efforts in directing one of our life’s most meaningful events.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Amy L

Mary and her team did a great job! One of the biggest worries I had about getting a wedding coordinator was that they would push me to do things I didn't want to do or spend more money on things that weren't important. That never happened with Mary. She always gave great advice... Read More without pressure. I really could not have put this wedding on without her and her team.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Nikki (Rebecca ) B

Planning a destination wedding can be a daunting task. Mary Bell helped make the endeavor manageable & enjoyable. From the perspective of a mom with high expectations, Mary Bell clearly exceeded on all fronts. She helped us stay organized & make connections with outstanding... Read More vendors. The event was beautiful & enjoyable because of the pre-planning and exceptional staff of Mary Bell! Thank you Mary Bell for making all my daughters wedding dreams come true. It was a magical evening.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Rebecca B

Where do I begin?! Mary Bell Events was absolutely phenomenal from the second we booked them, to the very last second of our wedding night. From pretty much day one, Mary Bell made sure we were connected with the very best vendors in the area so that our wedding day would become... Read More the vision we imagined it. Within just a couple of weeks of signing, we had booked the band, hair and makeup, and florals -- all by recommendation of Mary Bell. We are happy to say that every last one of her recommended vendors exceeded our expectations on every front! Additionally, she helped secure favors, coordinate rentals, work with the venue, manage our ceremony and rehearsal layouts, create a weekend timeline --- this list just goes on and on. Throughout the process, Mary Bell kept a checklist of all that needed to be completed, and truly made sure we were on top of every last detail. I never felt like I was behind on anything -- it seemed every week we were given a small task to try to nail down and so never once was anything overwhelming! Mary Bell would respond to any question we had extremely quickly, and was just amazingly communicative throughout the process. Any question we had she answered with great detail, and if she could not answer immediately, would reach out to whoever necessary to get the needed information for us. She truly made the process so easy, and took away so much stress so that we could just enjoy and have fun in the process. All of my friends and family noted how easy and carefree of a bride I was – and I think in large part that was due to all Mary Bell did to help us plan our wedding! I just cannot say enough great things about Mary Bell and her team! Our wedding was a dream, and we cannot thank Mary Bell Events enough!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Erin F

Mary Bell was an absolute pleasure to work with and I could not speak more highly of her services! I had the pleasure to work side-by-side with Mary Bell to create the wedding of my dreams this past May, and the result was even better than I could have ever hoped for. From the... Read More very start of planning Mary was there to give me every recommendation or piece of advice that she had, while never stepping on my toes in the process. She helped me stick to my budget, find AMAZING vendors, and always kept my best interests at the forefront. The day of, Mary Bell truly pulled out all the stops to ensure my husband and I did not lift a finger, enabling us to enjoy every second of our day. I had not originally planned on having a wedding planner, but after our amazing experience with Mary Bell I have recommended her to every bride-to-be that I know! My husband and I have been reminiscing of our amazing wedding day and I know that it wouldn’t have been nearly as perfect or seamless without Mary Bell and her team. We will think of her for many years to come when we think about our wedding and the people that made it such a wonderful, memorable day. If the thought has even crossed your mind that you might need a little help (and even if it hasn’t), please consider Mary Bell, I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Alison B

Once my now husband and I became engaged, we knew a couple of things initially. We wanted to plan our wedding in 6 months, and we wanted to get married in Asheville, NC. We also live in New York City so this meant we would be planning a destination wedding and we needed an... Read More expert planner to put our special day together. We had to hit the ground running when we began working with Mary Bell and everything during the planning process and on the day were seamless! Mary Bell is an absolute joy to work with! Mary is the best, she made both Chris and I feel at ease during the entire planning process and considering there's a ton of details that need attention, this is a remarkable ability. Our wedding was picture perfect, and Mary and her team will always hold a very special place in our hearts. We are so grateful we were able to work with Mary, and have her expertise and talents dedicated to our special day. We could not have dreamed of a more perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Ashtyn Z

Mary Bell Events made our wedding experience incredible! Mary herself is always available and returns emails/answers questions almost immediately. Her knowledge and experience are incredible and are two things I relied on many times throughout the process and I trusted her word... Read More whole heartedly. I was nervous at first to spend the money on a wedding planner, but she was worth every dollar! She took much of the worry and concern away and made me feel at ease about choices I made. On the wedding day itself, she was calm and collected and totally cool headed and she really helped me and my husband enjoy our day and make sure we enjoyed the food and drinks served at the reception and not get swept up in the craziness. Also, her timeline was a lifesaver for a type-A personality like myself. I would highly recommend that any person who is considering a wedding planner in the Asheville area choose Mary Bell. She will take the worry and uncertainty away from your wedding planning experience and her connections with the vendors in the area will assure that you have the best of the best for your day! Mary Bell Events is the way to go!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Chris B

Mary Bell Events was by far the best investment we could have made for our special day. From the get go, Mary Bell was available, communicative, knowledgeable, professional, and on a personal level, an absolute pleasure to work with. She helped us with every aspect of our... Read More wedding, keeping our interests and budget in mind. Mary was our boots on the ground; Asheville was a destination wedding for us so we heavily relied on her and her team to handle all the planning and logistics. The results were unbelievable; we couldn’t have dreamed a better wedding, nor a better event/wedding planner. If you’re looking for someone to help you with your special day or event, good news, your search has ended.

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Ann B

Mary Bell was an absolute pleasure to work with. Our daughter was having her wedding in Asheville and we live in Colorado so I relied on Mary to help me with everything from hiring vendors to being there the wedding day to make sure everything went smoothly. She is very... Read More thorough in her planning and executing. I’m a very detailed person and we worked wonderfully together. We loved all the vendors she suggested and they were all very easy to work with. What I like about Mary’s style is that she guides but leaves the final decision to the bride and groom. That is a very important aspect to a wedding that some planners don’t realize. I would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Anne K

Mary was easy to work with. She was always available to my daughter and she made my job a breeze!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Marlee K

Mary Bell was absolutely a godsend. I got married in Asheville, NC from out of state so I had a lot of questions about best vendors, etc. After finding her information online I gave her a call and she was so happy to talk to me right then. From that point, she was my girl -... Read More she answered my questions before I even asked, responded right away and made sure I never felt confused or alone in the process. I wanted a lot of little extras that I felt were really important to bring my vision to life and she was so happy to help accommodate any of my special requests. Going in to the wedding planning process, I really had no idea what all went into making a wedding day a success and would have been lost without all of the helpful guidance from Mary. Day one, she provided me with all of the information so I was aware of what needed to be completed and when. She was great about keeping me on track when I fell behind and helped suggest which "tasks" I could check-off early so that I wouldn't be overwhelmed later on. She also took charge of managing all of the vendors, finances, etc. so that I was able to really focus on the fun stuff like wedding dress shopping and picking out flowers! The day of my wedding I felt 100% carefree with Mary on board. I didn't think once about the food, band, ceremony setup (and the list goes on) because I had her to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. I cannot stress enough how big of a deal this is - the morning of was hectic enough; getting ready and taking photos took up our entire morning and most of the afternoon - if I had to have been in charge of vendors and answering questions, it would have been a disaster. On top of all of this, she truly manage my nerves and kept me calm throughout the whole weekend. Mary is a very sweet, caring woman who is extremely gifted in wedding planning. I cannot help but believe I "lucked" into finding the best wedding planner and I cannot imagine my engagement year without her. Not only is she a special planner, but a good friend to me. Thank you so much, Mary!!!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Ashley C

Mary is amazing! My husband and I are glad we hired her as our wedding planner. She is organized, professional, responsive and was very delightful to work with! Mary was extremely helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. On the day of the wedding she handled... Read More everything and really made it stress free for us. We would highly recommend Mary to anyone! She works with some of the BEST vendors and we were very pleased with all of them. We are so happy what we picked Mary to help plan our very special and magical day! :)

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Lena C

First of all I have to be honest. Mary was just absolutely amazing! Being that weddings can be a stressful time in anyone’s life she literally took any stress away. Mary was so unbelievably organized, efficient and most important there for me. We discussed my needs, and budget... Read More and well it came out magically. I loved every minute of the planning process because of this fantastic woman. If there is any hesitation you have in finding a wedding planner I assure you that Mary would be the best choice you can possibly make(besides your partner of course). It brings joy to my heart to share my feelings about Mary. She was the best.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Lauren O

Mary and her team were absolutely amazing. I was one of those people that wasn't sure if I needed a wedding planner (what a joke). Looking back on that day - there is NO WAY I could have had everything run so smoothly. I had no stress because I knew everything was handled. It... Read More ended up being everything I wanted and more. I would not have changed a single thing and it was all due to Mary and her team's guidance. Can't wait to call Mary to help plan my 10 year anniversary party!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Jordan D

Mary Bell was amazing. Not only was our wedding the wedding of our dreams, but she made the whole process so much easier than we could have imagined. She was very good at giving us timelines, reminders and advice. She even got us a band at a great deal that everyone talked... Read More about. No one talks about the band!!! Everything was amazing. Keep in mind, this is the groom writing this, and all I wanted was my bride to be happy. But it was truly the best day of my life! Amazing party, beautiful ceremony and both sides of the family just ecstatic.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016

I was so impressed with Mary's work. My daughter wanted to be married around Asheville, but no one in our family lived in the area. Mary did a phenomenal job on getting what my daughter wanted for her wedding and we all had a stress free wonderful time. The wedding was... Read More beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Kimber D

I couldn’t thank Mary and the staff of Mountain Lodge enough for all of the hard work and time put into making my wedding day so special -- everything was absolutely perfect! My husband and I are from Atlanta and planning a destination wedding seemed as though it was going to be... Read More a daunting task; however, Mary and Scott made it easy and stress-free. In the months leading up to our wedding Mary was always available to reach and was well organized regarding the timeline of the weekend. All of the vendors we worked with through the Mountain Lodge were cooperative and successfully captured my visions. And, we and our guests felt at home at the Mountain Lodge. The staff at the lodge not only made sure that everyone was well-accommodated, but knew everyone in our group and felt like family by the end of the weekend!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jay B

Mary Bell was an integral part of our wedding and we couldn't have pulled it off as well without her help. She kept us calm (me specifically) during the day of the wedding and had all the details thought out before we even thought about it. We would highly recommend her... Read More services...you won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Ryenn M

Mary Bell Events was a huge blessing to my husband and I. We were planning this wedding in our home state all the way from Oklahoma and if we didn't have Mary I don't think the wedding would have been a quarter of what it was. Mary took my vision and made it a complete fairy... Read More tale. With the help of her and Leigh my wedding went off without a problem. If there were any problems, I sure was not aware of that and I truly appreciate it because everything went so smoothly. I would recommend Mary Bell and her team to everyone. They were truly a blessing in a most stressful time. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Mary Bell

I create a delightful and stress free planning experience for my clients. Whether it be a large corporate gala, romantic wedding, or small intimate social gathering, I will ensure that your event is facilitated flawlessly and that you have FUN along the way! Regardless of your budget, I will work side by side with you to see that your day is everything you've always dreamed it to be. You deserve it!