Matt Malicote Photography

Serving Lexington, Frankfort, Louisville

A new twist on a old tradition.

Engagement, Trash The Dress

$2,000-$2,999, $3,000-$4,999

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo

Lexington, KY
Serving Lexington, Frankfort, Louisville

Down to earth, AWESOME photographers

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Nicole O

Matt and Kelsey are the best photographers to work with! They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, and get exactly the style of portraits you want. My husband and I used them for our engagement pictures, and wedding. I also had Kelsey take some pictures for a... Read More boudoir photo session as a wedding gift for my husband. They are the most down to earth people, and so talented. The pictures always turn out stunning! There were a few styles of pictures I even had pinned on pinterest, and when it came to my wedding day, Kelsey was ready with those exact styles I had pinned! I didn't even have to tell her. I would highly recommend Malicote photography. They will provide you with photos you will love for a lifetime.

Perfect Math!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Paige H

My groom hates having is picture taken- always has, and I thought he always would. After our engagement session with Matt and Kelsey he said to me, that was really fun and not bad at all. I was shocked. They got us to laugh (which made for beautiful pictures) and didn't mind the... Read More ideas we wanted to share with them. It was perfect. I can't wait till our wedding day even more now.

Hayden-Bickett Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Melissa H

Matt and Kelsey are amazing photographers! They truly love each other and what they do. They made our day super enjoyable. Everything ran so smoothly and we couldn't have asked for anyone better than them!

wedding photographers

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Lisa L

Matt and Kelsey are a husband and wife team who are incredibly talented! I have not even seen finished photos yet from our wedding and I would recommend them to anyone. The ones I got to peak at on their cameras were amazing. I absolutely can't wait! They were very helpful... Read More the entire day as well. I hope to use them again!

Reviewed on 12/30/2012 Annie N

We used Matt and Kelsey Malicote for our engagement and wedding photos. The prices were very reasonable and the service was amazing. They are young, fun, professional, and SO easy to work with. They made us feel comfortable from the time we met them. Their enthusiasm and... Read More experience can be seen in every photo. We could not ask for more. We will definitely use them again!

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 Kimberly J

I could not have asked for better photographers to have captured my big day! The Malicote did not only our wedding photography but did some really great photos for our engagement session! Not only are they great photographers but they are so easy to get along with and are... Read More helpful above and beyond their call of duty. My husband and I look forward to using the Malicotes again for our family photos!

Best Photographers in the Bluegrass

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 sabrina K

Matt and Kelsey are amazing photographers! They are incredibly professional, so easy to work with and they truly make each session “your” session. My husband and I used the Malicotes for our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures and I also did a boudoir shoot with Kelsey.... Read More We couldn’t be happier with our pictures as well as the service we received. I am constantly referring my friends to them. Matt Malicote Photography will be doing our pictures for many years to come.

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Courtney L

Matt and Kelsey are not only two of the best photographers, but also the most caring. It's not about the money or how fast they can get back home, they give you their all each and every shoot. They did our engagement and wedding pictures and both turned out fantastic. Kelsey has... Read More such a creative view to give you out of the ordinary pictures that you wouldn't get elsewhere. Both of them make you feel so comfortable and relaxed like you've known them for years. If you need a photographer, they're where it's at!

Look No Further

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Erika H

Looking to freeze unforgettable moments? Look no further. Brian and I are having a wonderful experience with Matt and Kelsey. Both are so friendly and easy to work with. We just had our engagement session and Matt did such a wonderful job and made us feel comfortable and... Read More relaxed. They are full of ideas and have a key eye for the best pictures. They're fexible and help you to customize a package that suits what you want out of your photgrapher. I'm so glad we found Matt and Kelsey and look forward to working with them on our wedding day and further on in the future!

Love for the Malicote's!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Hannah C

Matt and Kelsey are AMAZING photographers! Their creativity is seen in every picture and there love for photography shines through them. The Malicote’s went with us to Las Vegas for our destination wedding. We were able to schedule multiple photo shoot sites all around Vegas and... Read More they were able to make the day smooth and stress free for us. They made us feel comfortable taking pictures when my husband and I are not photogenic. We absolutely love Malicote Photography and have purchased many gift cards through them for our friends and families Christmas gifts. We are customers for life!

The smartest vendor choice you'll make!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Ashley M

Kelsey and Matt photographed my sister's wedding in May and I am super jealous that I didn't find them when I got married over 4 years ago. My sister's pictures are absolutely beautiful and she has over 1,000! Kelsey even agreed to take a few photos of my new baby (with my... Read More sister's advance permission) during a small break from wedding pictures! Kelsey and Matt were so flexible, understanding of the day-of chaos and I just can't say enough good things. They are so wonderful that I've hired them to take my daughter's 1-year photos and our family photos and I'm going to drive an hour and a half from Cincinnati so we can have amazing photos of our own. You can't go wrong with them and I highly recommend booking them before they are taken for your date!

My favorite vendor!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Emily N

Matt and Kelsey photographed our wedding and I could not be more happy with the results. Not only do I love the pictures, they were so great to work with and went above and beyond to make sure they captured everything from our day. We were shocked to receive our pictures so... Read More quickly after the wedding after hearing stories from friends that waited months. (they arrived less than a month later!) We can't thank them enough for providing us with the best memories from our wedding day and will treasure our pictures forever. They are always our first vendor recommendation to any new bride!

The BEST in the Biz!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Salena K

Matt and Kelsey are AMAZING at what they do. My husband and I have been lucky enough to work with them in many settings including our engagement and wedding photos. They did an incredible job at capturing who we were as a couple. I don't, by any means, consider myself... Read More photogenic, so I was shocked when I was in love with each picture they took. They each have a way of putting a bride and groom at ease. Matt can quickly blend in with any group of guys and make them forget they are being photographed. Kelsey knows exactly what a girl needs and is constantly fixing hair and clothes to ensure that you are looking your very best. She kept me calm on one of the most crazy days in a girls life; my wedding day! What a blessing it has been to work with them! I look forward to continuing our business together in the future, be it family shoots, or perhaps, even a newborn shoot ;) If you haven't worked with Matt Malicote Photography, you are missing out!

Fantastic Photographers!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Kirstin G

I used Matt and Kelsey Malicote for my engagement pictures (and would have used them for wedding pictures if my husband and I hadn't decided to somewhat elope). My family and I loved working with them so much that we had them shoot newborn pictures of my niece, and already have... Read More them scheduled to shoot photos of my nephew who isn't even due until February. Matt and Kelsey are such a phenominal couple and photographers that I will absolutely be using them in the future, no matter what the occasion. I highly recommend them to anyone in need of a photographer!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Catie L

I did not do wedding portraits, however, Kelsey took some photos for me to give to my husband as a gift. I could bot have been more pleased. She was so much fun! I was so nervous, and she made sure that I was comfortable and just had a ton of fun with it! I am looking... Read More forward to having them take photos of many of our future milestones!

Fabulous photographers!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Tyler W

We have booked Matt and Kelsey for our wedding in April. They did a phenomenal job on our engagement pictures. My fiance has two children and they loved Matt & Kelsey. The oldest is so excited that they will be taking pictures at our wedding. We can't wait for them shoot our... Read More wedding!

Trust me, I have them booked for a date I don't ev

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Dee M

Although I can not say I am engaged (yet!) or can I say I have an idea of when (soon!), I can say that I have Kelsey and Matt Malicote "booked" whenever that special day may arrive. I guess you could say Kelsey and I have an understanding that when I call her to book my... Read More engagement pictures-before I even call our parents and friends, she has to pretend she didn't even know! But seriously, I have known Kelsey for many years and can speak for what wonderful people and good hearted business couple both her and Matt are. I have currently done three shoots with Matt Malicote Photography and could not be more pleased. After every shoot I am eager to see what their creative eyes have captured. I have also had the pleasure of attending many weddings shot by the Malicotes. Their knowledge and ability to capture such special moments in time is beyond description. If you haven't yet done so, I strongly encourage you to check out their photos so that you can see for yourself how talented they are. Then maybe you will see that I'm not so crazy, having Matt and Kelsey Malicote on speed dial for when I get asked that special question!!

Professional and fun!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Lisa C

Matt and Kelsey are wonderful! They are so sweet, helpful and energetic and you can't help but want to be friends with them! They do a great job of blending in while they photograph your big day as well as making you laugh, relax, and have fun. They are a great team, provide... Read More you with a lot of photographs, and are willing to meet your every request. Out of all of my vendors, I had the most faith in these two. They run a great business and provide great service to their clients. They are very professional, but keep it fun. I am a bride who does not like most pictures of me, so I really wanted my wedding photos to turn out perfectly. I knew MMP would make my wish come true, and they did! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of my photos! Matt and Kelsey did such a great job, that not only will I recommend them to other brides, but I will use them for all future photography sessions.

match made in heaven.

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 emily w

booking a wedding photographer was the first thing i did when i got engaged. for me, this was the most important thing, even more than the dress! when my husband found matt and kelsey we stopped the search to see if they would be available, they were not, so we changed our date!... Read More i cannot say enough good things about matt and kelsey! they are so professional and fun! they made my husband and i feel so comfortable in front of the camera and our entire wedding party is still talking about how much fun they had with them. it's crazy to think that two people you've only met a couple of times could come to your wedding and it feel like you've been friends for a lifetime. it was such a blessing to be completely comfortable knowing matt and kelsey would capture our day perfectly. i haven't seen the wedding images yet, but i know they are going to be amazing, we were completely blown away with our engagement session. if you are on the hunt for a photographer stop your search with mmp! i cannot wait to have them shoot all of our milestones for years to come!

Amazing Work and Even Better Service!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Danielle L

As a professional event coordinator, I had the opportunity to work with Matt Malicote Photography in Louisville for a wedding I was coordinating the day-of details. Not being from the area, I had not met in person any of the vendors that the bride had selected. Matt & Kelsey... Read More blew me away! They were so incredibly easy to work with and very attentive to the event as a whole, not just capturing great pictures but really getting photographs of the moments that made the wedding special and unique!! They were an integral part of making that wedding perfect and went above and beyond to make the Bride & Groom happy. I hope I get the opportunity to work with them again. But for now, I follow them online and admire their breathtaking work! I would highly recommend anyone looking for a fun loving photographer to capture amazing moments for your wedding to book Matt Malicote Photography!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Kelly C

The images speak for themselves. I was so impressed with MMP's work that I changed my first wedding date when they were unavailable. When we decided halfway through planning to change everything and have our wedding a thousand miles away, Kelsey didn't blink an eye, she figured... Read More out how to make it feasible. The day of the wedding, not only was she our photographer, she went in headfirst helping a frazzled bride with last minute details. During our second day shoot (trash the dress) Kelsey kept us all in good spirits as we battled a dangerous combo- the South Florida heat and the aftermath of the previous night's open bar. If you're looking for staid, boring, run of the mill images of your big day, these are not photogs for you. Kelsey keeps up with the latest trends and isn't afraid to try anything. Our wedding and trash the dress pictures will be talked about for years. Those images are priceless to us as they hold every emotion we felt those few days. This team is every inch the professional, and I highly recommend them.

The BEST wedding photographers

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Kate K

When my fiancé and I were going to get our engagement photos done, we were really nervous and had no idea what to expect. Matt and Kelsey immediately made us feel comfortable and we had a great time. Not only were they so much fun to work with, they are incredibly talented... Read More photographers and our pictures turned out absolutely beautiful. We are both so grateful to have found Matt Malicote Photography for our wedding and cannot recommend them highly enough.

Highly Recommend!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Kristin T

I have not personally used Matt and Kelsey but have seen so much of their work. They are AMAZING and trust me if I had known about them when I got married they would have definitely been my 1st choice! Your wedding should be no less then perfect and Matt Malicote photography... Read More will help you help you do that. I would highly recommend them to create the memories of your special day.

capturing the moments...

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Brinkley B

When Tony and I decided to get married, I knew immediately that I wanted Matt and Kelsey to do our pictures. I grew up with Matt and ever since Kelsey and him started doing photography, I'd hoped I'd get a chance to work with them one day. As a matter of fact, I got married on... Read More a Friday, and one of the major reasons was because Matt and Kels were already booked on all the Saturdays in September! All I can say is, I'm so glad I did. Having someone I know be able to capture those moments, was so special for me. This husband and wife team are phenomenal, and so good at what they do. Kelsey is the sweetest person in the world, and will make any bride she encounters, feel like queen of the world. They are both so genuine, and they capture every perfect moment that the bride and groom hope to cherish for years to come. I honestly cried when I got my DVD and went through all the pictures. They were absolutely gorgeous, and beyond anything I could have hoped for. If you are a bride and are looking for the perfect photographer, Matt and Kelsey are your team. They are so fun to work with and will make the entire experience a dream for any bride and groom.

Matt Malicote photography

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Jenna S

My fiancé and I knew right away after our first meeting with Matt and Kelsey that they were the photographers for us. Aside from their beautiful work, they were so easy to work with and always ready to answer any questions we had leading up to the wedding. On our wedding day... Read More things could not have been more perfect. Matt and Kelsey made me feel so relaxed and we had a blast. Matt and Kelsey are truly passionate at what they do, and it shows through their amazing work. They are so professional and personable, I would recommend them to anyone. My wedding pictures were stunning, and they are so fun to work with!