Matt Montalvo Photography

Austin TX and surrounding areas

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Austin TX and surrounding areas (713) 305-5736

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kaeley B

Matt was our photographer for our May wedding. He came highly recommended from friends who were married a few years prior and he did not disappoint. In fact, he blew our expectations out of the water. Everyone who has seen our photos has nothing but praise for Matt's work. He... Read More captured every moment perfectly. Matt was an absolute delight to work with and we could not be more thrilled with the investment.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Krista C

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Matt! He photographed our wedding on June 10th, 2017 and did such a spectacular job! From posed pictures to action shots, he is so experienced and prepared to get all of the important shots done at the right times. I have... Read More never even heard of a photographer getting pictures back so quickly. We had edited photos ready for us to review before we got back from our honeymoon!! (Seriously!) Not to mention the quality is second to none! I could not be happier with the way they turned out!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Kelsey C

Matt did an amazing job for both our engagement photos and wedding! He worked with us ahead of time to understand exactly what we wanted and made sure to get all of the shots we requested. On the wedding day he ran things so smoothly and during the ceremony he was so discrete in... Read More getting all the best shots. He captured every moment perfectly. We have over 1000 amazing pictures! We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Katie U

Matt was amazing to work with! He kept us focused and sped through the outside shots so that we were not melting in the heat and had some really great ideas for indoor shots for the family photos to allow my grandparents to stay in the air conditioning. The pictures are... Read More fabulous! I really cannot believe how good they came out. He had some teasers up within a few days of the wedding and we had all the pics exactly a week after our wedding. I know no one else we spoke with was going to get pictures to us that quickly. I highly recommend Matt he was so much fun to work with and the pictures he takes speak for themselves!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Rachel D

We hired Matt to photograph our wedding at Camp Lucy last month and we cannot say enough positive things about our experience with him! He is extremely personable and did a great job of putting us both at ease on our wedding day. Since we knew we would spend our entire day... Read More with our photographer, it was important for us to hire someone with whom we felt comfortable and we found that person in Matt. He is very good at providing direction during photo sessions and he was accommodating when we asked him to capture special shots at sunset and at night. His turnaround time is also very fast and he forwarded us a link to our photo gallery just a few days following our wedding. I would recommend Matt without hesitation!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Kristin S

Matt Montalvo was amazing to work with! Our engagement photos are gorgeous! I love the bright, rich colors he can achieve. He's also great at working with the sunlight and bringing it out in the photos without washing out the rest of the shot. When I was looking for a... Read More photographer, his photos were the only ones that made me stop and say wow! I've had multiple people tell me that our engagement photos look like movie covers! On top of that I was excited to get ALL of the photos (high resolution, completely downloadable for whoever you want to give the gallery password to) and 15 premium edited photos all for a reasonable price! I was also incredibly impressed with how quickly we got the photos back. We were able to look at our entire gallery only 16 hours after we had the engagement photo shoot!! Then after we chose the 15 photos for the premium editing he got those back to us the next day. Matt made the whole process as stress free as possible. He was very open to rescheduling if anyone was sick, or the weather wasn't exactly what we wanted, or if the flowers came out early - all absolutely free of charge. Matt is also very good at posing you so that you never have to wonder what do I do with my hands or where should we look. He was even able to get a bunch of good smiling shots out of my fiance - who literally does not know how to smile on command with his teeth showing. He just had us fake laughing, which then turned into real laughing due to the ridiculous sounds of the fake laughs. Overall, Matt was the best choice we could have made. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about our experience.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Margaret C

I cannot say enough good things about Matt! He was our absolute favorite vendor. He gave great direction on and before our wedding day, captured every emotion throughout the night in his beautiful candid shots, and best of all, he got our pictures back to us quicker than I've... Read More ever seen a wedding photographer get them back. He is so easy to work with, and I have gotten so many compliments on our wedding pictures!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Alicia A

We could not have asked for a better photographer to capture all the moments from our wedding. It was so wonderful to work with you for our engagement and bridal sessions as well. We have received so many compliments from friends and family when they saw our save the date,... Read More bridal canvases, and wedding photos. As we begin our life together as husband and wife, we look forward to capturing more wonderful special events with you in the future.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Melis G

Matt is the best! I first met Matt at my best friends wedding and was blown away at the quantity of quality work her produced. When I got engaged, he was the first person I called. Matt shot our engagement photos and they turned out so romantic, natural and not overly produced.... Read More For our wedding, so many family and bridal party members commented on how adaptable and easy to work with Matt was. There were protest going on at the Capital where we were to have the "first look" but Matt was able to find a quiet secluded spot and took the most beautiful photos. Throughout the reception he captured amazing photos of all of our guests and there is not a single bad one out there.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Stephanie C

We loved Matt!! We used him for both our engagement shoot and for our wedding day. Our immediately impression of Matt when we first interviewed him-he is personable, fun, professional, easy going, directive yet willing to take your ideas and preferences into account, and most... Read More importantly-his photo editing schools are gorgeous!! Our engagement pictures were absolutely beautiful! But my fiance and I realized we aren't big at looking at pictures of ourselves and framing them-so for my wedding I wanted more creative artistic shots. (ie. just our bodies but not faces in the backdrop, more scenery, etc). Matt was totally willing to do that and the results were beautiful! On the wedding day he was punctual, patient when were running behind, always reachable, captured everything. I honestly don't know how he does it by himself but he got so many kodak moments my guests are swarming over all his pictures now. He truly captured my wedding in ways I could not have even imagine. I highly highly recommend Matt and hope one day he'd be willing to shoot us again :D

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

Where do I start with Matt? He is just everything you could ever want in a photographer. He has photographed on three separate occasions now, and he has set an unreachable standard for anyone else. Engagement photos: As our first encounter with Matt, he did two things... Read More immediately very well. First, he made us feel a little comfortable, neither of us having much experience in front of the camera. Second, he was incredibly professional. He knew exactly what pose we needed, how to face, where to go for the best shot and lighting, all of it. Matt is a one-man whirlwind, successfully performing the work of a photo and lighting team, and it shows in his results. He made good use of time, and was excellent at getting us to relax and trying to capture 'us'. Some of the poses felt forced, and some of the shots just didn't work but man, the ones that did? Phenomenal. We both left that session as excited as we could be. The entire drive home, my bride-to-be was constantly checking for when he would post pictures. Could not have gone better. The Wedding Itself: I did not think I could be more impressed with Matt, but he proved me wrong. From arrival to departure, Matt was everywhere. He seemed to capture every moment. He was unobtrusive for candids, and decisive for group shots; precisely what was needed for such a complex and incredibly important day. Then, after the ceremony, we got to see Matt in his prime as an artist. Working amazingly with the natural light in the Texas hill country, Matt blew us away. He did beautiful work that day. I don't know that another photographer could have done the same. Later, as the party kicked off and carried on, Matt continued to take excellent shots of major moments, and many treasured candids. He made sure we got everything we wanted, and then applied his considerable expertise and skills to get shots we didn't even know we wanted. The results speak for themselves. If you want your perfect moments to be perfectly captured, Matt Montalvo Photography is the way to go.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Adrianna L

THE BEST!!!! Absolutely worth every penny. I'd hire him again in a heart beat for any other photo session needs. All of the pics came out perfect and he had a fast turn around. I had a bad experience with my videographer not capturing some important moments, so I'm now even more... Read More appreciative of how great Matt's photography was. Had he not done such a great job, I don't know what I would've done!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Matt for the flawless photos and awesome experience!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Meredith G

Matt's pictures came out perfectly! He had the pictures ready in less than a week! Perfect angles, he captured priceless expressions. The sunset pictures are amazing! Furthermore, he is great to work with. He arrives on time, gives simple instructions on how to look or gesture,... Read More a true professional in photography to make the pictures come out amazing. Yes he is on the "pricier" side than some others, but worth every single penny. He gives you great quality pictures as well as quantity. Easy to get in touch with, super casual that he feels like an instant friend. He was my favorite vendor and I feel so lucky to have booked him for my wedding.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Evan A

Matt was nothing but amazing at our wedding! He was very professional and knew exactly what he was doing. His skills and knowledge were exactly what I wanted in my wedding photographer. Matt's communication throughout the planning process was also very professional and quick.... Read More He answered all my questions promptly and gave great suggestions/tips. The turnaround time that I got my pictures back was amazing! Each picture was beautiful. Matt also got some great action shots from our reception! Thank you Matt for your hard work and job well done on our special day :)

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Diana G

From the moment we found Matt Montalvo Photography we knew we had to hire his services for our wedding. Matt is down to earth and cares about his work. Our wedding day went by so fast, that if it wasn't for Matt and his awesome work/pictures I would not have such beautiful... Read More moments to remember. I truly recommend Matt Montalvo Photography for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Diana G

From the moment we found Matt Montalvo Photography we knew we had to hire his services for our wedding. Matt is down to earth and cares about his work. Our wedding day went by so fast, that if it wasn't for Matt and his awesome work/pictures I would not such beautiful moments to... Read More remember. I truly recommend Matt Montalvo Photography for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Lyndsey K

I can't say enough good things about Matt. Obviously, your big day is going to speed by with a blink of an eye, and at the end of the day what you are left with are your photos. I have gone back through and looked at all our photos numerous times since our wedding in May, and... Read More know I will do so for years to come to be able to reminisce and remember all that happened. Matt is kind, professional, and gets every detail. He's very thorough and will go with the flow. He's an expert at posing you, and also gets all those great candid shots. Matt took over 1100 photos at our wedding, and per his standard contract, you get every single one. Really, you can't pick a better photographer. His talent is unmatched. So glad Matt was a part of our day. :)

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Rachel H

Matt is an INCREDIBLE photographer! He is very professional, talented, and energetic. We received over 1,000 photos less than a week after our wedding, and the quality is phenomenal. He was able to capture every moment I wanted AND was able to go above and beyond and capture... Read More moments I didn't think to photograph. He was able to complete bridals, bridesmaid and groomsmen, reception, details, etc. all before the ceremony started, which left ample amount of time to take pictures as husband and wife and family. He is VERY organized in taking family pictures (even when you have multiple families and some with over 30 members like we do), and has everything down to a science of when to photograph what. He is SO easy to work with AND fun!! I cannot recommend Matt enough to anyone looking for an excellent photographer. He will do the BEST job and make it fun! I received so many compliments on our photos and during the reception and ceremony he is like a fly on the wall. He captures so many great expressions and candid moments without anyone noticing him there. Definitely use Matt for your wedding!! (and any other occasion for that matter!) :)

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Melissa B

Matt is so wonderful to work with! From the very first phone call, I knew he was going to capture the most incredible memories of our wedding. We had him photograph our engagements and my bridals in addition to our wedding and I couldn't be happier with the results. We received... Read More SO many compliments from our guests at the wedding! He is energetic and very fun to work with - jumping right into the action at the wedding to capture amazing photos. Matt is also extremely professional and responsive. My family loved working with him so much that my little sister also used him for her senior pictures, which were absolutely beautiful. If I have photography needs in the future, I will most definitely be contacting Matt.

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Sara W

Matt Montalvo was so wonderful to work with. Extremely professional and talented, and on top of that, a really cool guy! His turn around with all of the edited pictures was extremely quick, he had them complete before we returned from our honeymoon! We are so in love with our... Read More photos. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Amanda M

I can’t say enough about how amazing Matt is. We hired Matt after seeing work that he had done for another friend's wedding. It wasn’t until after we noticed the pictures on our venue’s site, The Terrace Club, were mostly his! I knew we’d made the right choice. Our engagement... Read More photo shoot only proved that more. He had us instantly at ease and was great with his instruction and direction. He was professional, fast with providing the photos, patient, and so full of energy. Looking at my wedding photos he was in places I never expected him to be! He took pictures of moments I could have only dreamed of being captured forever. He is quick, he is efficient, he captures all those special moments and he is a master with the lighting. The editing he does after makes his already amazing photos look even more spectacular…and I didn’t think that was possible! There isn’t a picture I don’t love. I would highly recommend Matt for any photography need you might have. I promise you that he will meet every expectation and more. We have received numerous compliments about pictures from our engagement session and wedding. He is truly the best!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

We hired Matt after seeing work that he has done for another friend's wedding. My husband thought I had lost my mind when I chose a package, but after seeing the engagement pictures...followed up by the wedding pictures...he is NOW a Matt Montalvo fan too! And come to find out... Read More that even my surgeon used him, so apparently he is doctor approved. Matt is professional AND has a great personality to work with. He is quick, he is efficient, he captures all those special moments and how he gets the lighting to work in his favor is beyond me. I would highly recommend Matt for any photography need you might have, I promise you that he will meet every expectation and more.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Matt is the perfect gentleman you would want as your photographer. He was professional, fun, timely, understanding and full of energy. Matt's pictures are what sold him when I was looking for a photographer and he delivered what he quoted and more. Our portfolio had over... Read More 1,000 candid as well as staged shots - all professionally edited and prepared. Thanks Matt for being part of our wedding day. He's the best!

Reviewed on 3/11/2016 Alexandra W

Like all the other reviews, Matt is definitely HANDS DOWN, the best photographer. He is efficient, professional, fun and all around great guy to work with! We got married at Smith Family Chapel on March 5, 2016 and our reception followed at the Fellowship Hall at Riverbend. I... Read More have received more compliments on how amazing and beautiful the photos are! The photos and memories will last a life time and I'm so happy to have such great ones! Thank you, Matt!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Brooke H

Matt was HANDS DOWN one of the best decisions that we made for our entire wedding! We were married January 16, 2016 at Lakeway Resort and Spa in Austin. Matts creative ideas and editing styles are what initially drew us to him. We felt instantly comfortable with him and felt... Read More that he understood our vision from the beginning. I cannot say enough great things about him and the photos that we ended up with. We have received SO many compliments about the photos that our guests have seen so far. Matt was here, there, and EVERYWHERE on the day of the wedding and I feel like not one detail or moment was missed from that day. Thank you MATT! You are the best! : )