Instruments

Accordion, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010

155 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Virginia B

I honestly do not know where to begin! Matt was the best. I knew I had found the band for us within the first few minutes of my phone call with Matt. My Husband and I had an idea of what we wanted but we were more importantly wanting to be able to trust the Band to guide the... Read More day/reception and to lead us in the right direction for our Wedding. Matt did that and SO much more. We shared similar visions and I didn't have to say much when it came down to it. He was an amazing coordinator working with our other vendors and working out the reception timeline. He was attentive, detailed orientated and bottom line, on top of his game all around. But more than anything else, the talent that Matt Stedman Band and Ring of Music has is out of this world! The range of genres of what they are able to play was incredible. We are lovers of all music, and we were able to convey that pretty remarkably with Matt and his band. We were married June 4th, and a month and a day later, we still have family and friends mentioning the band when the wedding comes up in conversation. I think its important to mention we got married in my childhood home, in the backyard under a tent. It was raining, hot, humid and a tad muddy, but you would have never known by the way Matt and his band directed the night. My guests has so much fun. It was the wedding of the summer and I am truly forever grateful for Matt! I honestly feel I will never posses the vocabulary to adequately express my gratitude.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Reagen H

We hired Matt Stedman Band for our wedding 5/26/16 at White Eagle Golf Club in Naperville, IL. I cannot say enough positive things about the band and about Matt himself. Throughout the process, he was extremely detail oriented and helpful and made sure each aspect of my day was... Read More planned to a T. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received from guests about how good the band was. Everyone raved about what a great time the reception was and everyone danced all night. In addition, the music for my ceremony was so unique and beautiful. Again, received so many compliments and for me as a Bride, the band was what made my wedding day what it was.....a beautiful, FUN party! :) Would recommend to anyone in search of a wedding band!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 jody s

This band rocks....literally!! We were so pleased with our whole experience! From start to finish, Matt and his band only wanted to provide the best service and tunes. Matt thinks and goes over every detail...(many we were not aware of) that makes the wedding reception... Read More flawless! Professional, fun, and artistic, you cannot go wrong. The band is amazing, and we had our guests compliment this band over and over again! If you want your guests to dance and have fun, this is the band you want to hire. He will not disappoint!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Maria O

Matt Stedman was AMAZING. Getting the Ring of Music was easily one of the BEST wedding decisions we made. Matt was with us throughout the entire wedding process and walked us through everything. He helped us plan our wedding down to the smallest detail and was very responsive... Read More leading up to the wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend you let Matt act as your day of coordinator as well, as he was great in that role. On the day of our wedding, Matt was organized and on top of everything. I don't think more than 15 minutes ever went by without someone coming by complimenting the music and how AWESOME the band was. They kept the dance floor packed and played one of the best horas I had ever been a part of. Long story short, Matt was great, music is amazing, highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Sarah M

Amazing band! Great up front coordination, asked all of the right questions, very professional, and most importantly a great band! Every guest loved the music and felt like they were at a live concert. High energy, great quality, and totally made our wedding. Would highly highly... Read More recommend this band!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Katelyn P

Where oh where do I begin! If you want your wedding reception or any event to go off without a hitch and have your guests constantly on the dance floor please use Matt Stedman band!! They went above and beyond for our wedding reception and made it absolutely perfect! They were... Read More extremely easy to work with and completely focused on making your visions come true. Matt Stedman band and the ring of music thank you so much for being so amazing! My husband and I and all of our guests absolutely loved you!!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

They played at my son's wedding recently. The performers were very talented and mixed well with the crowd. Great play list! The dance floor was packed. I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

This band totally delivered on our wedding day! We had booked them 18 months in advance so we felt like we had a lot of prep time with Matt, who is incredibly detailed oriented and does not hesitate to share his opinion on what he thinks will make your day run smoothly. The... Read More logistics of the day went smoothly and their range of music was fantastic. We felt like everyone had something they could dance to that evening but they amped up the energy towards the end of the night, which we wanted. They deliver a lot of sound with fewer musicians than I expected. We were happy that we got a sax player but Matt had said we would be fine without it (we were 200 guests in an outdoor tent). I really appreciated their flexibility in learning a new song for our first dance - it did the trick. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Nicole S

We had Matt Stedman Band perform at our wedding at the Bridgeport Sculpture Garden on July 3rd and they were amazing! So many people commented on how great they were - both at the ceremony and at the reception and cocktail hour. The dance floor was packed the whole night! Matt... Read More was also wonderful to work with - super professional, and had lots of great recommendations for the evening as a whole. We are SO glad we hired them!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

I can't say enough good things about Matt and his band. Matt was incredible to work with-attentive to details, organized and always willing to listen and make suggestions. The musicians were amazingly talented, professional and fun and treated our guests to a night of awesome... Read More music and great dancing. Each and every song was done to perfection and no one ever wanted to leave the dance floor! According to the bride and groom, "We had the time of our lives!" and all of their guests, "The night was magical and we didn't want it to end." This wedding reception will be the most perfect memory for many years to come thanks to Matt Stedman and his band. Look no further - this is the best wedding band ever!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Amy M

So glad we had Matt Stedman Band at our wedding! Not only did they obviously rock the reception by playing my favorite live requests and doing and awesome version of the Hora for us, but the ceremony and cocktail music was fantastic. What really set Matt apart was his... Read More willingness to hands on help me create my entire wedding day schedule months in advance and be my dependable partner the day of to make sure events and people were on time without me ever having to worry about it myself. Felt great to know that someone as organized and experienced as Matt was there to make sure everything was perfect. My friend also had them at her wedding and they still rave 5 years later! Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed! :)

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Ankita C

We hired Matt Stedman and ROM to play at our ceremony/reception, which all occurred at River Roast. They did a fantastic job playing an extremely wide variety of music from instrumental to funk/soul to classics/dance (they have an extensive list!). Since we didn't do a sit down... Read More dinner the band played for the entire evening and kept everyone on the feet enjoying the music, scenery and experience. While playing it was apparent that these guys love what they do; they were so into each and every song they played, which resulted in a happy crowd! What was even more refreshing is that Matt and his team are very genuine people. Many family, friends and other vendors had conversations with band members during breaks, before and after they played, and really spoke highly of their character. I coordinated with Matt two-three months before the event and could not be more satisfied with his attitude and professionalism. He was great helping us make decisions on flow and sequence of events since we didn't have a traditional wedding. Matt was responsive to my musical requests, but pushed back enough to get us to a middle ground where everyone could enjoy the entertainment. I highly recommend hiring this band for their talent, professionalism and incredible amount of experience.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016

Our wedding was the best weekend of our lives. We really enjoyed. Our favorite part was dancing the entire time with all of our friends. The band is filled with very talented musicians who know how to get the party moving. We were able to select the music we wanted to hear,... Read More plan the itinerary with Matt, and let him know about the various intricacies of the day and what to be aware of. The music was outstanding. Our only setback was that some of the music played was not what we selected... for example: "Going to the chapel..." (at a Jewish wedding) is not the most appropriate and I would have never chosen that song in a million years. Besides that, they played most of what we selected with a few surprises along the way. Because my husband and I try to go with the flow, we didn't let this bother us and just kept dancing. What really set them apart is that they were able to take one of my favorite songs, learn it, and play it for the ceremony and it was beautiful.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Bridget P

Matt was so amazing to work with! Very personable and wanted to make sure everything was perfect for our big day. The band was a blast and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. Would recommend for ALL of my friend's weddings!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

Ring of Music performed at the Katy/Bryce wedding reception on Saturday June 18 at the Chicago History Museum and it was fantastic like you said it would be. The emceeing was perfect and the band was excellent and knew how to keep the dance floor rockin. A great time! Our... Read More son, the groom, is a musician himself, and pointedly requested your band. We were prepared to be amazed, but your band was second to none- absolutely blew us away! The dance floor was filled non-stop and both friends and family raved during and after the wedding. Ring of Music truly made the reception out of this world and memorable for all!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Sarah W

One of our tougher questions when planning the wedding was whether to use a DJ or a band. I cannot stress enough that a live band is the way to go, and that the Matt Stedman Band is the live band for you. The band sounded great all night. More importantly, Matt went above... Read More and beyond to make sure we had all of the information we needed and that we were comfortable from the start of the process all the way through the end of the reception. If you choose Matt and the Ring of Music Orchestra for your wedding, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Cece W

Matt Stedman Band played at my sister-in-law's wedding on January 2nd, 2016. They were AWESOME! Everyone was up dancing and singing along! They played a wonderful mixture of oldies and new hits. I was pregnant at the wedding and my husband was nervous I was getting my heart... Read More rate too high from dancing so much! Fantastic band! I would highly recommend for any wedding!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Andrew S

Amazing. Incredible. Exceptional. I think those properly describe Matt Stedman Band and Ring of Music Orchestra. Matt and his Band was such a blessing to have at our wedding. I never spoke with Matt or met him until the night of our wedding, but I trusted my wife 100% and boy,... Read More i am glad i did. I know i could have spoken to him if I had wanted too, but my wife and I spoke, we got down what we wanted and I let her handle the rest. By the look in her eyes after their first conversation I knew it was going to be awesome. My personal favorite part was selecting all the amazing song choices and then hearing them live that night. And Talk about range of genres! Matt rocked the night away and our wedding guests are STILL talking about it a month later. Out of this world talent. They do not disappoint!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

We hired the Ring of Music for our daughter's wedding reception. The band came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. The bride and groom customized the song list the band played for the evening. The Matt Stedman Band kept the entire crowd dancing all night - young... Read More and old!! Fabulous!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Chris W

They are THE BEST! Fun, professional, organized, sweet, affordable and INSANELY TALENTED!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Jeff N

Matt was an absolute joy to work with during our wedding process. He was organized and enthusiastic. He played for our wedding at Heritage Prairie Farm and we can't say enough great things! The dance floor was packed and people kept coming up to me saying "this band is awesome.... Read More Where did you find them?" I would highly recommend them for your wedding. Incredibly talented and fun!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Joe O

They were the best from beginning to end. They promised everyone would be dancing all night, and they delivered. They also kept everything on time during the night. They were easy to deal with before the wedding regarding planning and details. Best part: they learned our first... Read More dance song to be able to play it for us...it was spot on. They are the best!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Jessica K

We recently had the Matt Stedman Band perform at our April 30th wedding, and they were FANTASTIC! All the musicians and vocalists were top notch! We received so many compliments from our guests, and everybody wanted to know where we found this incredible band! Not only was... Read More their performance amazing, but Matt made the planning process super easy. He was always quick to respond to texts and emails even late at night. I'm usually lucky if I can get my now husband to dance to one song, and the band had him dancing for the entire reception. We had such an amazing time dancing the night away and would recommend the Matt Stedman Band to everyone!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Kate T

These guys are the BEST!! Every guest at our wedding asked who they were and how they could go see them again. Matt is thorough, organized, thoughtful...and a wonderful musician! The rest of the band was also outstanding!!! We applied many of their suggestions to our ceremony,... Read More cocktail hour and reception - and everything was perfect, beyond perfect. If you like music, if music is important to you on your wedding day - then you need to hire this band!!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Mary Anne F

We hired the Matt Steadman band for our wedding, they were awesome. They spent a ton of time with us going over music, what we liked, etc. They made fantastic recommendations and everyone danced till the bitter end of the wedding, which is exactly what we wanted and couldn't... Read More have been possible without this awesome band, THANK YOU!!!

Matt Stedman

Your entire wedding experience should be personable. Making a true connection can only happen by speaking, rather than only emailing or texting. I'd rather share my bio as well as my team members' in the most engaging way possible.... Please CALL US @ (630) 670-0316! We look forward to making your wedding the most memorable & fun event of your lives!