Grammy Award Winning Talent Devoted to Your Day!

Grammy Award winning talent and recording artists performing the highest quality of music for even the most discerning listener. Our professionalism, sound, and dedication to our couples translates to an extraordinary night and a packed dance floor. We look forward to working with you!

Instruments

Accordion, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010

155 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL (630) 670-0316

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Markie N

In early 2016, we evaluated some highly rated bands on The Knot by reading others’ reviews and ultimately whittled the list down to just a few – including the Matt Stedman Band. From our first consultation, it was clear that Matt is the consummate professional. I mean this guy... Read More knows the ins-and-outs of what a wedding should be about: getting the mass audience, from the shy cousin to the rowdy uncle, out on the dance floor. Prior to the actual event in November 2016, we had more conversations with Matt about the logistics for the day and what musical accompaniments we were thinking about. He always provided us his expert opinion with examples on what he has seen work (and not work). And let me tell you…he was right every time. Feel free to read the other reviews and do your homework on other bands out there, but you won’t regret having Matt and his motley band of musicians play at your special event!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Ben R

"That band was amazing!" This was the number one thing said about our reception. Matt and his band are incredible. Our wedding would not have been the same without their unbelievable musicians, singers and professionalism. From coordinating with vendors to have... Read More thorough conversations with us, Matt knew exactly what we wanted and how to perform. I would recommend Matt and his crew to anyone looking for a band that fills up the dance floor, can really play/sing and are just overall nice people.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Kelly J

MSB played at our wedding October 22, 2016 and was amazing! My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Matt Stedman. He was so easy to work with, fun, and knowledgable. Matt took care of all the details so we could just relax and enjoy our reception. Our biggest... Read More request was to keep the dance floor packed all night long. They did just that, and more! The instruments, vocalists, and quality of music were top notch. Our guests are still raving about how awesome the band was! If you are looking for an incredible band who knows how to entertain and have fun, MSB is it!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Jamie S

We loooooved working with Matt for our wedding. He was so professional, easy to get in touch with, sincere and kind. He helped us with some day of coordination, too. And our guests all raved about how amazing the music was!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Elizabeth S

Matt Stedman and team are the MOST AMAZING musicians and people. Working with Matt was so easy and fun-you won't find a more kind and down to earth person. He covered every detail of our wedding and made sure that it flowed according to plan. We had so many difficult to... Read More pronounce Polish names, and he put in the time and effort to learn each and every one so it was flawless. He and his team are EXTRAORDINARY!!! They exceeded all of our expectations and just made the whole event so much fun! They really are the full package and made our ceremony and reception better than we ever could have imagined. THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Denny W

My wife and I did an extensive research on wedding bands around Chicago. Matt Stedman Band stood out to us because of their sound quality, versatility in different song genres, professionalism, extensive knowledge in the industry and also Matt's ability to do day of... Read More coordination. Matt was SUPER easy to work with. Also, they don't charge ridiculous price. My mother in law at the time had doubts at first because we weren't able to see the band performs live. She was worried that this big wedding (230 guests) might have a lame dance atmosphere at the reception. But once the big day came, we were all blown away by their performance. My mother in law received heaps of compliments from her friends and she had a lot of fun dancing too. We highly recommend having Matt as your Day of Coordinator as he was the perfect point person and his timing as an MC is impeccable. To this day we still receive compliments from our guests for the awesome music at the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Jennifer K

We chose to have our wedding in a music venue, so we knew from the start we wanted to work with a live band for our ceremony and reception. After researching several bands in the Chicagoland area, the Matt Stedman Band stood out to us because of their great reviews. Learning... Read More that an old college friend who is a great performer was in the band gave us faith in the caliber of their talent, too. Working with Matt prior to the wedding was a breeze; he provided us with a blueprint of the details we needed to think about for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We asked our guests for song recommendations on their RSVP cards, and the band was able to incorporate many of these into the day as well. On the day of the wedding, the Matt Stedman Band was flexible when we ran a bit behind schedule, provided beautiful accompaniment for our ceremony on the venue stage, and they were certainly the highlight of the night for our guests. Everyone raved about their performance and we had so many friends and family asking more about them even after the night was over. They truly made our wedding day everything we hoped it would be!

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Tyler K

They were really great to work with! Matt does a great job of planning is filled with great advice and experience. The wedding was perfect because of them. They read the crowd well, and played nearly everything we wanted. I definitely recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Max R

Matt was an asset at our wedding. He helped us plan for the sequencing of speeches, dances, cake cutting etc. and made sure everything went smoothly on our big day. We really didn't have to worry about much. And of course the music was great. Our guests loved it, and we had a... Read More great time.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 James R

I booked Matt and the group for my wedding. I had the best time. Matt is so very helpful and is very engaging. I could not recommend this band enough! Their catalog of music is amazing. When they perform...they get the whole crowd going! Ours was a same sex marriage and we... Read More wanted to make sure the band played music that was inclusive...and they did. I danced all night!!! The dance floor was never empty. Book them and book them now! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016

I researched dozens of wedding bands and decided on Matt'a band. They truly made our reception fun, exciting, and high energy! Everyone was in the dance floor from start to finish. The singers are ridiculously talented! This was the best money we spent on our wedding. Look no... Read More further...you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Michelle M

They were UNBELIEVABLY good! I can't count how many people came up to me after the Wedding to tell me how much they enjoyed the band. They literally took care of the whole show and made it so easy for us to relax and enjoy. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They also were... Read More extremely cool to work with, and even allowed for a surprise performance of the Blues Brothers... it seemed like they had been working with them for years!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Sarah C

This band was an absolute hit at our wedding. I am biased (of course), but I have never been to a wedding where the dance floor was so packed the entire night. We had people from all age groups comment that Ring of Music was the best wedding band they have ever heard. They were... Read More professionals from the first day we worked together to the last and I am so thankful we found them! We loved you guys!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Maria O

Matt Stedman was AMAZING. Getting the Ring of Music was easily one of the BEST wedding decisions we made. Matt was with us throughout the entire wedding process and walked us through everything. He helped us plan our wedding down to the smallest detail and was very responsive... Read More leading up to the wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend you let Matt act as your day of coordinator as well, as he was great in that role. On the day of our wedding, Matt was organized and on top of everything. I don't think more than 15 minutes ever went by without someone coming by complimenting the music and how AWESOME the band was. They kept the dance floor packed and played one of the best horas I had ever been a part of. Long story short, Matt was great, music is amazing, highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Sarah M

Amazing band! Great up front coordination, asked all of the right questions, very professional, and most importantly a great band! Every guest loved the music and felt like they were at a live concert. High energy, great quality, and totally made our wedding. Would highly highly... Read More recommend this band!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Katelyn P

Where oh where do I begin! If you want your wedding reception or any event to go off without a hitch and have your guests constantly on the dance floor please use Matt Stedman band!! They went above and beyond for our wedding reception and made it absolutely perfect! They were... Read More extremely easy to work with and completely focused on making your visions come true. Matt Stedman band and the ring of music thank you so much for being so amazing! My husband and I and all of our guests absolutely loved you!!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

They played at my son's wedding recently. The performers were very talented and mixed well with the crowd. Great play list! The dance floor was packed. I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

This band totally delivered on our wedding day! We had booked them 18 months in advance so we felt like we had a lot of prep time with Matt, who is incredibly detailed oriented and does not hesitate to share his opinion on what he thinks will make your day run smoothly. The... Read More logistics of the day went smoothly and their range of music was fantastic. We felt like everyone had something they could dance to that evening but they amped up the energy towards the end of the night, which we wanted. They deliver a lot of sound with fewer musicians than I expected. We were happy that we got a sax player but Matt had said we would be fine without it (we were 200 guests in an outdoor tent). I really appreciated their flexibility in learning a new song for our first dance - it did the trick. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Nicole S

We had Matt Stedman Band perform at our wedding at the Bridgeport Sculpture Garden on July 3rd and they were amazing! So many people commented on how great they were - both at the ceremony and at the reception and cocktail hour. The dance floor was packed the whole night! Matt... Read More was also wonderful to work with - super professional, and had lots of great recommendations for the evening as a whole. We are SO glad we hired them!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

I can't say enough good things about Matt and his band. Matt was incredible to work with-attentive to details, organized and always willing to listen and make suggestions. The musicians were amazingly talented, professional and fun and treated our guests to a night of awesome... Read More music and great dancing. Each and every song was done to perfection and no one ever wanted to leave the dance floor! According to the bride and groom, "We had the time of our lives!" and all of their guests, "The night was magical and we didn't want it to end." This wedding reception will be the most perfect memory for many years to come thanks to Matt Stedman and his band. Look no further - this is the best wedding band ever!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Amy M

So glad we had Matt Stedman Band at our wedding! Not only did they obviously rock the reception by playing my favorite live requests and doing and awesome version of the Hora for us, but the ceremony and cocktail music was fantastic. What really set Matt apart was his... Read More willingness to hands on help me create my entire wedding day schedule months in advance and be my dependable partner the day of to make sure events and people were on time without me ever having to worry about it myself. Felt great to know that someone as organized and experienced as Matt was there to make sure everything was perfect. My friend also had them at her wedding and they still rave 5 years later! Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed! :)

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Ankita C

We hired Matt Stedman and ROM to play at our ceremony/reception, which all occurred at River Roast. They did a fantastic job playing an extremely wide variety of music from instrumental to funk/soul to classics/dance (they have an extensive list!). Since we didn't do a sit down... Read More dinner the band played for the entire evening and kept everyone on the feet enjoying the music, scenery and experience. While playing it was apparent that these guys love what they do; they were so into each and every song they played, which resulted in a happy crowd! What was even more refreshing is that Matt and his team are very genuine people. Many family, friends and other vendors had conversations with band members during breaks, before and after they played, and really spoke highly of their character. I coordinated with Matt two-three months before the event and could not be more satisfied with his attitude and professionalism. He was great helping us make decisions on flow and sequence of events since we didn't have a traditional wedding. Matt was responsive to my musical requests, but pushed back enough to get us to a middle ground where everyone could enjoy the entertainment. I highly recommend hiring this band for their talent, professionalism and incredible amount of experience.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016

Our wedding was the best weekend of our lives. We really enjoyed. Our favorite part was dancing the entire time with all of our friends. The band is filled with very talented musicians who know how to get the party moving. We were able to select the music we wanted to hear,... Read More plan the itinerary with Matt, and let him know about the various intricacies of the day and what to be aware of. The music was outstanding. Our only setback was that some of the music played was not what we selected... for example: "Going to the chapel..." (at a Jewish wedding) is not the most appropriate and I would have never chosen that song in a million years. Besides that, they played most of what we selected with a few surprises along the way. Because my husband and I try to go with the flow, we didn't let this bother us and just kept dancing. What really set them apart is that they were able to take one of my favorite songs, learn it, and play it for the ceremony and it was beautiful.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Bridget P

Matt was so amazing to work with! Very personable and wanted to make sure everything was perfect for our big day. The band was a blast and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. Would recommend for ALL of my friend's weddings!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

Ring of Music performed at the Katy/Bryce wedding reception on Saturday June 18 at the Chicago History Museum and it was fantastic like you said it would be. The emceeing was perfect and the band was excellent and knew how to keep the dance floor rockin. A great time! Our... Read More son, the groom, is a musician himself, and pointedly requested your band. We were prepared to be amazed, but your band was second to none- absolutely blew us away! The dance floor was filled non-stop and both friends and family raved during and after the wedding. Ring of Music truly made the reception out of this world and memorable for all!

Matt Stedman

Your entire wedding experience should be personable. Making a true connection can only happen by speaking, rather than only emailing or texting. I'd rather share my bio as well as my team members' in the most engaging way possible.... Please CALL US @ (630) 670-0316! We look forward to making your wedding the most memorable & fun event of your lives!