Matt Stedman Band & Ring Of Music Orchestra

Chicago, IL

Grammy Award Winning Talent Devoted to Your Day!

Grammy Award winning talent and recording artists performing the highest quality of music for even the most discerning listener. Our professionalism, sound, and dedication to our couples translates to an extraordinary night and a packed dance floor. We look forward to working with you!

Accordion, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

155 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL

A Band that Really Rocks!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Anna E

Jim and I could not have been happier with Matt Stedman Band! Our guests all raved about them! We have literally had 10+ people ask for the band's information and how we found them. If you want a stellar performance, packed dance floor, and rockin' professionalism, this is your... Read More band! Our only regret is we can't go back and do it all over again! Jim & Anna

Best Wedding Band!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Raeanna F

We recently had the Matt Stedman Band perform at our October 24th wedding, and they were AMAZING! All the musicians and vocalists were incredible! We received so many compliments from our reception guests, and the dance floor was packed the whole evening! Not only was their... Read More performance top notch, but Matt made the planning process easy. He was readily available with any questions and always returned my texts, phone calls, or emails promptly. At the reception, he also served as the night of coordinator making the night run smoothly, allowing for myself and my now husband to be stress free! I can't say enough postive things about the Matt Stedman Band! They were our best wedding investment!

Awesome Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Francine S

Matt and the whole band were such a pleasure to work with on our wedding. Matt provided us with a worksheet to fill out that helped him put a line up together for the reception as well as an opportunity for us to pick out songs we definitely wanted to hear and songs that we... Read More liked. About a month before the wedding we met with Matt to review everything. Day of, the band did our ceremony, cocktail, and reception and we've gotten great feedback from our guests about the music during all parts of the wedding. The reception ran really smoothly (i.e. toasts, dances, etc.) and we all had a fantastic time. I couldn't think of anything i'd change about our experience with the band and i'd definitely recommend them to my friends for use in the future. Thanks Matt Stedman Band for such a fantastic day!

The Best of The Best

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Michael T

Hands down, the best wedding band around. Including ours, we went to 8 weddings this year. Planning: Matt helped my Wife and I select the appropriate music for the ceremony and helped us create a set list for the night. He provided us with the right amount of direction... Read More and gave us suggestions where we needed. We loved the experience. I wish we had a soundtrack of the night! This was a masterpiece. Playing: The Matt Stedman Band & Ring of Music Orchestra were so outstanding in our early May Wedding, that three couples asked for their contact information. The dance floor was FULL with people of all ages over the course of the night. The Band is full of jaw dropping talent. If you want the best of the best experience during all planning and playing, look no further!

Wonderful Sound!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 joy l

Everyone enjoyed them!

Beyond wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Danielle P

This band is beyond amazing! My guests were on the dance floor from beginning to end with wonderful tunes! Words can't even describe how wonderful they are and so easy to work with! HIGHLY recommend!!

INCREDIBLY TALENTED & Even Better to work with!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Adriana D

The Matt Steadman Band, not only incredibly talented but AWESOME to work with. I first heard of the Band by searching on Knot. After listening to their short music clips and my first phone conversation with Matt I knew it was a done deal. Matt is the epitome of professionalism.... Read More The first thing he said to me was “I am going to make this the best day of your life” and his talented group sure did. He is extremely organized, thorough and he is not afraid to take charge. My husband and I tend to have old souls and also we wanted crowd pleasing music for our guests (all age groups) who were traveling to Chicago to celebrate with us. We love all of the good Classic Rock songs especially our first dance song “Into the Mystic by Van Morrison” They nailed it!! Our guests absolutely had the time of their lives on the dance floor with this group. Matt had the whole evening planned out. It was amazing... he had his own timeline of how the evening should flow and he surely stuck to it. We had a conversation a few weeks before the wedding to make sure he was pronouncing names correctly and he was just so aware and on top of it. This Band is incredibly talented and HIGHLY recommended to anyone. There is nothing I would have changed…other than having them play longer (The History Museum kicked us out at Midnight!). THANK YOU for making this the BEST day of our Lives!!!!!!

Fantastic, start to finish

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Maggie W

Matt Stedman Band played at my wedding reception this fall and they were AMAZING, from the first phone call to the last song. Matt was very helpful when I first called to talk about my husband's and my musical taste, priorities for the event, and pricing. He walked me through... Read More every detail, and made himself available by phone and email 24/7 for any questions or concerns. Their song list is gigantic, and they are incredibly organized when it comes to emceeing (again walking through everything, noting name pronunciations, making sure we pre-approve each component). The day-of, they were flexible when the caterer wasn't quite ready to serve dinner at the scheduled time, Matt checked in with me before announcing anything major (e.g. special dances, dessert cutting), and they were so positive and wonderful to work with. And then the music started. Oh my goodness, there were guests tearing up the dance floor that I had never seen dance at a wedding before. They played exactly what we had hoped, and did a great job of gauging the audience -- cutting a song or two shorter if people didn't seem into it, and turning "Devil Went Down to Georgia" into a 15-minute epic jam that I thought might take the roof right down. Our guests still rave about how great the music was, and asking them to play at our reception was one of the best wedding planning choices we made.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Matt and the band were extremely awesome to work with! From the day we signed the contract with them to even a week after our wedding, Matt was there to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Oh, and they absolutely killed it the night of our wedding! The dance floor was... Read More packed all night and many of our guests came up to us with high regards to the band. Highly recommended! Jordan and Christina 10/10/2015 wedding

Matt Stedman Band & Ring of Music

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

My daughter had her wedding at Salvatore's in Chicago, we thought it would be a good idea to ask them who is the best band they have ever had to get the people out on the dance floor and without hesitation, Amanda the wedding coordinator for Salvatore's said Matt Stedman Band.... Read More That was the best decision we made! They were extremely professional, kind and courteous. Matt and my daughter planned out every song and we knew exactly what was going to happen all evening long. We had a duet for the ceremony, music during cocktail hour and then music for the wedding. I danced every single song except for one because of pictures. My daughter and her husband wanted some Grateful Dead songs for the Dead Heads in the group and you should of seen their faces when they played those songs! They were so happy and they couldn't stop talking about it! I feel they really made my daughter's wedding a fun night for everyone, it's been 2 months and I am still thinking about how much fun I had thanks to Matt Stedman and his band!

comment from parents of the bride

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

ABSOLUTELY the very best band, and I have heard many. They kept the crowd dancing until 2am. Everyone commented that it was the best band they every heard at a wedding - they can play EVERYTHING perfectly!!!!! I don't recall them even taking a break, which they certainly are... Read More entitled to do!

Beyond our expectations

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

We came across the Matt Stedman Band while searching for a bluegrass-ish band for our wedding. We listened to a few songs on their site, and decided to get in touch. My wife the initial contact with Matt, and she was blown away by how genuine and personal their conversation... Read More immediately was - she knew right away that she wanted to work with Matt because he understood her wants/needs/vision for our wedding. We worked with Matt to make music selections from the band's ready-to-rock live music selections, which was filled with music across all genres. Matt worked hard to make it a very personalized event, and his effort shined through at the reception. He helped guide us towards great songs for the big moments during the ceremony and during the reception - like Mother/Son and Father Daughter dances. They rocked our wedding, sounded great, and everyone we've talked to absolutely loved it! Would definitely point our friends or family in his direction! Side note - Matt even helped wrangle our enormous and unruly wedding party (24 total) before being announced to the crowd. This kind of help and attention to detail was a tremendous relief on our big day.

Just what we wanted!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

We were looking for a small jazz combo for music during cocktail hour and dinner, and found Ring of Music online. From the start, Matt was professional and easy to work with. The trio was likewise professional and their music was perfect. I appreciated their attention to volume,... Read More so as to be heard without being overwhelming. They negotiated the logistical challenge of needing to reset everything between cocktails and dinner within a short time frame. Feedback from our guests was very positive and I've already recommended them to two friends. Bravo!

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Stephanie G

MSB was fantastic to work with! Thanks to their lovely music and MCing our guests had a blast at our wedding! Everyone enjoyed the array of songs, which varied from fun and upbeat to romantic. They thought of every last detail and were great at communicating every step of the... Read More way. It was clear that they were committed to making our day perfect from day one! I would highly recommend MSB for your event. you will not be disappointed!

Hire this band!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Lindsey G

My husband and I enjoyed working with Matt and his band. Matt is extremely detailed, and delivered a great night just as he promised they would. I would hire the Matt Stedman Band over and over again. Our dance floor was packed all night, and the guests loved the music! Thank... Read More you Matt-you were a pleasure to work with!!!

Couldn've asked for anything better!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Ashley H

We can't thank The Matt Stedman band enough for performing on our special day. From the beginning Matt was extremely professional and took time to get to know us and to know exactly what we wanted. He had many great suggestions that we happily incorporated into our ceremony and... Read More reception. Matt is an expert at what he does from the beginning stages of planning, to coordinating with the venue, he even came to the venue ahead of time to ensure everything was perfect. We still have people coming up to us asking about the band because they were so impressed. Matt and band really knows how to get and keep the party going! We couldn't have had a better experience, we would highly recommend The Matt Stedman band!

The best musicians in the business!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Maura S

Matt Stedman and the rest of the band were fabulous to work with. Matt is extremely thorough, and in the months leading up to our wedding, he made sure to keep in touch and spent a great deal of time working out the details with us to make sure the night was going to be perfect.... Read More He came out to our venue a few days before the wedding to scope out the space and determine the best setup for the band and sound system, which was so helpful and made us feel completely at ease before the big day. Matt and the band even learned some special songs for us, specifically, Arcade Fire's "Wake Up," and Weezer's "Undone (Sweater Song)." People are still talking about it 6 weeks later! All in all, our wedding reception was absolutely fabulous thanks to Matt Stedman Band & the Ring of Music. I would HIGHLY recommend the, to anyone looking for great music at their wedding!

Made it a party!!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Kristine L

Oh my goodness - this band rocks!!!!! Everyone person that I've talked to about the wedding has commented on how awesome the band was and that they've never danced so much at a wedding. From planning with Matt over the phone to the day of the reception, they were great to work... Read More with and kept everything flowing. They provided all the MC services and didn't miss a beat (even when we were confused :). The dance floor was packed all night!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Leann B

Matt Stedman Band & Ring of Music Orchestra are amazing! We were so lucky to find them and have them play at our wedding. They knew exactly what songs to play, and had everyone dancing the entire night! They even had our 84 year old grandparents on the dance floor. We have... Read More been married almost a month now, and our family and friends are still talking about them! Matt was great at emailing/calling and pretty much coordinated everything for us! You most certainly wouldn't need to hire a separate coordinator. They are very organized, professional, energetic, and are very detailed. I would highly recommend them. You would not be disappointed. We could not thank them enough for making our day so special. -Leann Frankfort, IL 5/30/15

Amazing Band and Great Show

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 mike c

Matt Stedman Band played for our May 30th wedding. Matt was very professional throughout and was a great help. They have you pick out a certain number of songs from their very large playlist and they fill in the rest. They also offer to learn some new songs if you have a certain... Read More song that you have to hear. They planned the sets and the music line-up and could not have done a better job. The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone said it was one of the best bands they had seen at a wedding and received nothing but compliments on the band and how great they were. Matt is great at reading the crowd and playing the right music at the right times. Thank you guys very much for making our wedding reception all the more memorable!

Top Quality, Fun band for our Wedding

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

The Matt Stedman Band and Ring of Music Orchestra was the perfect selection for our wedding. From our first call to them through the last song of the night, they were professional, organized, energetic and top quality. Matt is very focused on making the event perfect by... Read More organizing everything well in advance and providing easy to use forms to collect the who/what/how of the night so it goes off without a hitch. The bands selection of songs is huge and provides something for everyone. They are even willing to customize a song as they did for our first dance or learn a new song if it is important to you. As for the actual evening, the songs were performed wonderfully and even passed muster with our family musicians. But most important, they kept it lively and brought out the dancers in our guests and we received many compliments about the band. So, if you are looking for a great band for your wedding or other occasion, we highly recommend The Matt Stedman Band and Ring of Music Orchestra.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Megan N

From the very beginning Matt was fantastic. We found the Matt Stedamn Band through a list of recommended vendors from our reverend and once we listened to their music we were hooked. Not only are they fantastic musicians, they know how to run a wedding. Matt was so organized and... Read More asked me questions about things I would have never even thought of!!! On top of everything they took the time to learn two songs, one for the ceremony and one for our first dance. I gotta say both songs sounded better than the originals. Matt made sure that when the band was taking a break they DJ'd awesome music so there wasn't any down time at the reception. If I could give the Matt Stedman Band more than 5 starts I would. They were such a pleasure to work with and I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect on our wedding day.

Like these guys need another good review...

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Laura M

Like these guys even need another good review :) So much talent, such an extensive repertoire, so much great energy. I can't say enough good things. We had some off the beaten path requests, like an instrumental version of a ray lamontagne song for our professional and a... Read More children's song for one of our first dances. Matt and crew learned these songs for us with such great enthusiasm and creativity. Amazing fiddle! Guests had nothing but, "this band is incredible" things to say. Worth every penny. And oh wait, for a live band they are pretty affordable. Awesome. Just awesome. The highlight of our wedding by far!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Miranda A

We used Matt Stedman band for our wedding on 4/25/15 and we could not be more amazed by their professionalism and performance. Everyone attending our wedding was head over heels for Matt Stedman Band and never left the dance floor! Matt is very involved in the planning process... Read More and extremely detail-oriented. He never misses a beat! I am in love with Matt Stedman Band and will recommend them to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015

The band was fabulous and entertaining. They band was very nice and accommodating. The music kept everyone on the dance floor. They played a wide variety of music that we had selected.

Matt Stedman

Your entire wedding experience should be personable. Making a true connection can only happen by speaking, rather than only emailing or texting. I'd rather share my bio as well as my team members' in the most engaging way possible.... Please CALL US @ (630) 670-0316! We look forward to making your wedding the most memorable & fun event of your lives!