Grammy Award Winning Talent Devoted to Your Day!

Grammy Award winning talent and recording artists performing the highest quality of music for even the most discerning listener. Our professionalism, sound, and dedication to our couples translates to an extraordinary night and a packed dance floor. We look forward to working with you!

Instruments

Accordion, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010

155 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL (630) 670-0316

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Markie N

In early 2016, we evaluated some highly rated bands on The Knot by reading others’ reviews and ultimately whittled the list down to just a few – including the Matt Stedman Band. From our first consultation, it was clear that Matt is the consummate professional. I mean this guy... Read More knows the ins-and-outs of what a wedding should be about: getting the mass audience, from the shy cousin to the rowdy uncle, out on the dance floor. Prior to the actual event in November 2016, we had more conversations with Matt about the logistics for the day and what musical accompaniments we were thinking about. He always provided us his expert opinion with examples on what he has seen work (and not work). And let me tell you…he was right every time. Feel free to read the other reviews and do your homework on other bands out there, but you won’t regret having Matt and his motley band of musicians play at your special event!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Ben R

"That band was amazing!" This was the number one thing said about our reception. Matt and his band are incredible. Our wedding would not have been the same without their unbelievable musicians, singers and professionalism. From coordinating with vendors to have... Read More thorough conversations with us, Matt knew exactly what we wanted and how to perform. I would recommend Matt and his crew to anyone looking for a band that fills up the dance floor, can really play/sing and are just overall nice people.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Kelly J

MSB played at our wedding October 22, 2016 and was amazing! My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Matt Stedman. He was so easy to work with, fun, and knowledgable. Matt took care of all the details so we could just relax and enjoy our reception. Our biggest... Read More request was to keep the dance floor packed all night long. They did just that, and more! The instruments, vocalists, and quality of music were top notch. Our guests are still raving about how awesome the band was! If you are looking for an incredible band who knows how to entertain and have fun, MSB is it!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Rachel E

Joel and I used the Matt Stedman Band & Ring of Music Orchestra for our wedding reception in July 2017. It is three months later and our guests still talk about about amazing the band was! Matt made sure every introduction and announcement was seamless and the dance floor was... Read More packed ALL NIGHT. We even had to extend the band an extra 30 minutes last minute because our guests would not stop dancing! Thank you for the perfect evening, Matt Stedman!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kayla P

I knew I wanted the Matt Stedman Band before we officially set a date. The date we asked about was one of their only open dates left for 2017, so we of course set the date right then! Matt was helpful every step of the way, from our first conversation where we went over pricing,... Read More to our last minute requests for some songs our parents wanted to hear. Matt said he would be the one that kept wedding flowing, and he was. He gives you all the tools to set up how you want the flow of your wedding, and then he takes over on the day of. We didn’t have to worry about a thing. Every speech, dance, etc, happened with ease. He checked in with me before moving onto things to make sure everything was good. It was all perfect. And that’s not even the music end of it. The dance floor always had someone on it, all night. They are amazing. I don’t know how anyone could not dance when they’re up there performing. We had the best wedding ever, and I’ve been to over 20 in the last 12 years. Hands down, ours wins, and a big reason for that is this amazing band. Thank you guys so much!!!! 💕 Kayla and Cia

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Katey P

We hired Ring of Music for our wedding on June 3rd, 2017, and they gave us the greatest gift a bride and groom could ask for – A FULL DANCE FLOOR ALL NIGHT LONG! Having a band was a priority for my husband and I while we were planning our wedding. We knew that having band would... Read More leave a lasting impression of our special day. How We Found Ring of Music: When looking at venues, I would ask if they had any recommendations for a band. Matt Stedman’s name was recommended by more than one venue during our search. My husband learned about Ring of Music from reading reviews on in different bands. Then we saw them featured in The Knot magazine. All signs were pointing to Ring of Music! As you cannot see Ring of Music playing at a bar, we set up a phone interview with Matt to get a better feel for what Ring of Music is all about. I had a lengthy list of questions for Matt and he had no problem answering every one. My mind was put at ease within minutes of talking with Matt. This is a man that truly loves what he does and will go above and beyond to see that your event has incredible music. He has an incredible bredth of knowledge about music theory and how it will impact the feel of your crowd. He is fascinating to talk with about music. I feel like we became fast friends from our first phone call because of his passion for what he does and the love my husband and I have for music. Throughout the planning of our wedding, if we ever had a doubt about how our day would go, we would reread reviews for Ring of Music. From every review that we that we read, we knew that the band we chose would be incredible and that everyone at our wedding was going to have a fantastic time. Our Experience: Matt worked with us from the beginning to the end of our wedding planning process. He explained that Ring of Music has a wide collection of music artists – many of whom have received awards for their talents! He coordinated every minute of our reception to meet our needs and wants for the day. He was available via phone and email for any questions we had leading up to our day. Ring of Music has an extensive set list and offer you the opportunity to tell them what you do and do not like in terms of music. I should note that Matt will only be at your specific event if you pay to have a fiddle/harmonica player. We did pay to have him as the 6th piece of the band we were hiring because we wanted to have country and Celtic music within our set list. He is a very talented musician and a wonderful man to work with. Every moment of our reception was perfectly timed thanks to Ring of Music’s expertise. We cannot say enough good things about our experiences with Matt and Ring of Music. They are incredible! The artists that performed at our wedding were all extremely talented. Our guests are still talking about how awesome the band was and how much fun they had dancing at our wedding. Our dance floor was full all night and we were overjoyed with how the entire night unfolded. If you hire Ring of Music, you will undoubtedly have a wonderful event. It was the best decision we could have made for our wedding day planning. THANK YOU RING OF MUSIC OF MAKING OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER EVEN HAPPIER!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Scott L

Perfect experience. Matt and his team are super detailed and customize more than you'd ever expect. The music quality was outstanding and we still get compliments that we had the best band and dancing. We never worried about the process because it was clear Matt and his team... Read More have a personal drive to make the experience top notch and they surpassed our expectations in every way.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Gabrielle C

The Matt Stedman Band was great. From the first time we spoke on the phone, to the actual wedding day, they were on top of everything. They know how to keep a party going! I am really happy that we had such a great band for our weeding.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Jess H

Amazing band! Great up front coordination, asked all of the right questions, very professional, and most importantly a great band! Every guest loved the music and felt like they were at a live concert. High energy, great quality, and totally made our wedding. Would highly highly... Read More recommend this band!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Megan B

Great band. Very organized and helpful!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Reba N

The Matt Stedman Band was recommended to us by our venue and we are so pleased we had them perform at our wedding. Matt was very organized and that made my husband and I even more organized and thorough in our planning. They learned a new song for me to walk down the aisle to... Read More and did not hesitate to say yes when we asked if a friend of ours could play a song during the reception (and his band was amazing, listening to our friend play for a little and then jumping-in and accompanying him). The sound was amazing and we loved every song they played. Thank you for adding so much to our unforgettable night!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Lauren A

Everyone at my wedding would not stop raving about the Matt Steadman band! They provided the best atmosphere for our wedding! Form the beginning Matt was available anytime for questions and was awesome to work with throughout the whole process. And the price, very competitive... Read More and affordable compared to bands of similar high quality. Very talented group of musicians! Thanks again Matt!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kara M

One of the things I will remember most about our wedding is that everyone was dancing - the entire night! Matt and his band are incredible and guests could not stop saying how amazing they thought the music was throughout the entire cocktail hour and reception. Our wedding... Read More would not have been the same without Matt's unbelievable musicians, singers and professionalism. Not only did I feel great from the very beginning since Matt was extremely familiar with our venue (City Winery) and the lead coordinator from the venue, but Matt seemed to understand immediately the mix of music we wanted and exactly how we wanted our wedding to unfold. From coordinating with our day-of coordinator and reception venue, to having extremely thorough conversations with us, Matt knew just how to make our wedding stress-free and fun for everyone. Even a few days before, Matt texted me to ask my thoughts on a few songs last minute and also took my thoughts and opinions with extreme thoughtfulness and care. That same care showed on our wedding day when Matt came up and introduced himself to my new husband and I, letting us know that if we had any last minute music asks he'd do whatever he could to accommodate them that evening (which he did for a few songs during the DJ portion of our evening). I would recommend Matt and his crew to anyone looking for a band that fills up the dance floor for the entire night, can really play their instruments, sing and are just overall wonderful and professional people to work with.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Jamie S

We loooooved working with Matt for our wedding. He was so professional, easy to get in touch with, sincere and kind. He helped us with some day of coordination, too. And our guests all raved about how amazing the music was!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Elizabeth S

Matt Stedman and team are the MOST AMAZING musicians and people. Working with Matt was so easy and fun-you won't find a more kind and down to earth person. He covered every detail of our wedding and made sure that it flowed according to plan. We had so many difficult to... Read More pronounce Polish names, and he put in the time and effort to learn each and every one so it was flawless. He and his team are EXTRAORDINARY!!! They exceeded all of our expectations and just made the whole event so much fun! They really are the full package and made our ceremony and reception better than we ever could have imagined. THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Denny W

My wife and I did an extensive research on wedding bands around Chicago. Matt Stedman Band stood out to us because of their sound quality, versatility in different song genres, professionalism, extensive knowledge in the industry and also Matt's ability to do day of... Read More coordination. Matt was SUPER easy to work with. Also, they don't charge ridiculous price. My mother in law at the time had doubts at first because we weren't able to see the band performs live. She was worried that this big wedding (230 guests) might have a lame dance atmosphere at the reception. But once the big day came, we were all blown away by their performance. My mother in law received heaps of compliments from her friends and she had a lot of fun dancing too. We highly recommend having Matt as your Day of Coordinator as he was the perfect point person and his timing as an MC is impeccable. To this day we still receive compliments from our guests for the awesome music at the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Jennifer K

We chose to have our wedding in a music venue, so we knew from the start we wanted to work with a live band for our ceremony and reception. After researching several bands in the Chicagoland area, the Matt Stedman Band stood out to us because of their great reviews. Learning... Read More that an old college friend who is a great performer was in the band gave us faith in the caliber of their talent, too. Working with Matt prior to the wedding was a breeze; he provided us with a blueprint of the details we needed to think about for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We asked our guests for song recommendations on their RSVP cards, and the band was able to incorporate many of these into the day as well. On the day of the wedding, the Matt Stedman Band was flexible when we ran a bit behind schedule, provided beautiful accompaniment for our ceremony on the venue stage, and they were certainly the highlight of the night for our guests. Everyone raved about their performance and we had so many friends and family asking more about them even after the night was over. They truly made our wedding day everything we hoped it would be!

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Tyler K

They were really great to work with! Matt does a great job of planning is filled with great advice and experience. The wedding was perfect because of them. They read the crowd well, and played nearly everything we wanted. I definitely recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Max R

Matt was an asset at our wedding. He helped us plan for the sequencing of speeches, dances, cake cutting etc. and made sure everything went smoothly on our big day. We really didn't have to worry about much. And of course the music was great. Our guests loved it, and we had a... Read More great time.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 James R

I booked Matt and the group for my wedding. I had the best time. Matt is so very helpful and is very engaging. I could not recommend this band enough! Their catalog of music is amazing. When they perform...they get the whole crowd going! Ours was a same sex marriage and we... Read More wanted to make sure the band played music that was inclusive...and they did. I danced all night!!! The dance floor was never empty. Book them and book them now! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016

I researched dozens of wedding bands and decided on Matt'a band. They truly made our reception fun, exciting, and high energy! Everyone was in the dance floor from start to finish. The singers are ridiculously talented! This was the best money we spent on our wedding. Look no... Read More further...you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Michelle M

They were UNBELIEVABLY good! I can't count how many people came up to me after the Wedding to tell me how much they enjoyed the band. They literally took care of the whole show and made it so easy for us to relax and enjoy. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They also were... Read More extremely cool to work with, and even allowed for a surprise performance of the Blues Brothers... it seemed like they had been working with them for years!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Sarah C

This band was an absolute hit at our wedding. I am biased (of course), but I have never been to a wedding where the dance floor was so packed the entire night. We had people from all age groups comment that Ring of Music was the best wedding band they have ever heard. They were... Read More professionals from the first day we worked together to the last and I am so thankful we found them! We loved you guys!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Maria O

Matt Stedman was AMAZING. Getting the Ring of Music was easily one of the BEST wedding decisions we made. Matt was with us throughout the entire wedding process and walked us through everything. He helped us plan our wedding down to the smallest detail and was very responsive... Read More leading up to the wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend you let Matt act as your day of coordinator as well, as he was great in that role. On the day of our wedding, Matt was organized and on top of everything. I don't think more than 15 minutes ever went by without someone coming by complimenting the music and how AWESOME the band was. They kept the dance floor packed and played one of the best horas I had ever been a part of. Long story short, Matt was great, music is amazing, highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Sarah M

Matt Stedman

Your entire wedding experience should be personable. Making a true connection can only happen by speaking, rather than only emailing or texting. I'd rather share my bio as well as my team members' in the most engaging way possible.... Please CALL US @ (630) 670-0316! We look forward to making your wedding the most memorable & fun event of your lives!