Grammy Award Winning Talent Devoted to Your Day!

Grammy Award winning talent and recording artists performing the highest quality of music for even the most discerning listener. Our professionalism, sound, and dedication to our couples translates to an extraordinary night and a packed dance floor. We look forward to working with you!

Accordion, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

155 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL (630) 670-0316

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Darien M

The Matt Stedman Band was a blast to have at our wedding! They were energetic and played all of the classic songs that everyone loves. I received so many compliments on how amazing the band was for weeks after my wedding. I even had a few friends ask for the contact info of the... Read More band for their weddings. Matt was great to work with and provided a lot of insight into the flow of the reception and what songs really get people dancing. I recommend this band to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Scott L

Perfect experience. Matt and his team are super detailed and customize more than you'd ever expect. The music quality was outstanding and we still get compliments that we had the best band and dancing. We never worried about the process because it was clear Matt and his team... Read More have a personal drive to make the experience top notch and they surpassed our expectations in every way.

Reviewed on 3/01/2018 Brooke E

My Husband and I booked Matt and the Band for our wedding as they came highly recommended by our venue, and boy were they right! Throughout the planning process, Matt made it so easy to plan every last detail, and stay organized and stress free. On top of that they were... Read More unbelievable - we had a packed dance floor all night and got so many fabulous complements from guests. We could not have had the party of our dreams without them!

Reviewed on 2/20/2018 Daniella S

The Matt Steadman Band was amazing and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a band! Throughout the entire planning process and during the reception, Matt was so much fun to work with and made sure the day was flawless. Matt was able to answer all my... Read More questions and help plan the reception so everything flowed smoothly. He even came up to me a few times during the reception to make sure I was happy and was very accommodating with any last minute changes. The band was professional, full of energy and made our reception a blast - the dance floor was never empty and I'm still thinking about their rendition of Proud Mary! Their song selection was perfect and I really felt they understood what I wanted. Overall, we had an amazing experience with The Matt Stedman Band & Ring Of Music Orchestra and our wedding was so much fun because of them!

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 Phoebe C

Matt was the consummate professional from start to finish. He truly cares about his business and the music he makes and I was blown away by how fun it was to hire him. I'm in marketing and have put on many events and hired many vendors, and he was just fantastic to work with.... Read More Prompt with responses, detailed instructions and communications and planning, etc. He made the logistics less of a scary nightmare and actually somewhat fun!) He was high energy, gentle but firm in his suggestions about how to structure the day, and really CARED about us. I'm an audiophile and music was the most important part of our wedding (other than the love and getting married part, obviously!) and Matt took the time to know my taste in music over multiple phone calls. Wow! We hired a pianist for our ceremony, a saxophonist for our cocktail hour (both were lovely) and a full 11 piece band for dinner/the reception and they were INCREDIBLE. Our guests danced all night and were completely blown away by the quality, choice of songs, and just how FUN it was. We're still being told how fun our wedding was and it definitely wouldn't have been the same if we hadn't invested in Matt and his amazing band. Can't recommend him enough for any type of event and hope I get the opportunity to hire him in the future.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Kathy R

We had Matt Stedman Band & Ring Of Music Orchestra for our daughter's wedding. We were so pleased with their part in making the day so perfect. Loved the music at church and what can I say about the reception? They had everyone up and dancing all night long. Exactly what you... Read More would hope the band do. What I myself liked the best, was that they didn't announce their break which would've cleared the floor. Instead the music continued seamlessly. They did a fabulous job and were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Kathy Rafferty

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Kathryn C

Matt and co are the best! The nonstop super fun music is what made the wedding. Great musicians and so much fun to dance to! Additionally, our venue was so disorganized and the venue wedding planner went MIA- Matt diligently collected all pertinent reception info, creating a... Read More detailed schedule, and essentially kept the wedding moving, saving it from a disastrous ending. Matt, my family and I cannot thank you enough for making my sister and brother in law’s evening so wonderful!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Elena C

Amazing....absolutely amazing. You NEED the Matt Stedman Band at your next event. They have unbelievable talent, organization and I guarantee your dance floor will be filled! We owe the success of our party to the MSB! Thank you, Matt, for everything your group did for us, and... Read More for your integrity as a company!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Brooke A

Matt Stedmand Band & Ring of Music performed at our wedding in July, and all I can say is HIRE THEM AS YOUR WEDDING OR CORPORATE EVENT BAND - you will be so happy you did! I am in the event planning industry so I have a lot of experience with different vendors and Matt Stedman... Read More is seriously top-notch at what he does. He was so awesome at being in communication with us throughout the entire process, he was so flexible about timing and meeting us out in the city, and he is just so nice! He wrote our day-of timeline for us, and asked us questions we otherwise never would have thought of. I seriously don't know what we would have done without their help in the day-of planning. And when it came to the wedding day and the band's performance - we were all blown away!!! My husband & I are very into music and our wedding band was very important to us and Matt Stedman Band & ROM exceeded our expectations. They had everyone on the dance floor (including my grandma!) all night long! We are still receiving compliments about the band - and so many of my friends who are getting married are inquiring about them!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

Amy & I were married 12-16-17. After serious due diligence, we choose Matt Stedman & the Ring of Music. Our experience from the 1st e-mail a year ago to the thank you texts sent last week has been spectacular. We dealt solely with Matt, & it began with hour long calls that were... Read More as much about our mutual love for music as wedding plans. I’m a music freak. 1,000+ concerts. Our band was important! Matt was the perfect fit. He understood his role is more than just the songs & music they play. Amy is very organized & even she was impressed with the thoroughness of Matt’s questionnaire. It put us on the same page from before the ceremony began to their final note. We had another hour + call to go over each piece of the doc. Matt had us phonetically sound out every name he would be announcing to ensure no mistakes. Every detail considered to enure the perfect day. He takes great pride in being a mini-coordinator AND band leader. He’s a pro with every vendor/coordinator leading up to the day & more importantly on the day. It’s great to hear from the facility that “we have worked with Matt’s group before and those guys are great!” He was the perfect MC throughout the night. Never too much, & kept everything moving along as planned. THE MUSIC. For the ceremony, we had an acoustic guitar & Matt on the violin. Seating time was beautiful instrumental music. Including the sweetest Here Comes the Sun as I was nervously waiting to make my entrance with my groomsman. It gave me a feeling of peace to start the ceremony that I’ll never forget. The procession in &out included diversity of Pachelbel’s Cannon, Beatles’ My Life, Elvis’s Can’t Help Falling In Love, & a Irish reel. Also, my new sister-in-law sang Rachel Platten’s Better Place. Matt handled the mp3 of the instrumental version of the song to accompany her singing. This beautiful part of our ceremony went off smooth as silk. Our choice was confirmed once the dancing started. They were phenomenal. Matt actually provided an extra back-up singer (2 ladies in all) that we did not request or pay for. He said “after getting to know you & Amy, & your music love, I felt our 2nd female vocalist was needed to give you the experience you wanted.” Who does something like that? I am sure 1 would have been great, 2 were amazing! They knew what type of music we would want, but they also used their knowledgeable experience to keep a finger on the pulse of the crowd. Our dance floor was hopping all night with wedding staples: Up-Town Funk, Signed, Sealed, Delivered, Twist and Shout, Shut-up and Dance With Me... But knowing my love for the Grateful Dead, they played Lovelight & an Iko-Iko that transitioned into a nod to Xmas with a version of Rudolph. That is not planned wedding performance. It’s their all-out talent, versatility & full awareness of the night. For the final set, Matt asked did we want staples to end or would we like to go out jamming. We went jam, & got the Allman’s One Way Out into GD’s Franklin’s Tower into The Devil Went Down to Georgia. The floor stayed full til the end. Matt’s true concern is the bride & groom. His focus is always on them & their day. Our guests loved them too. We still get comments on how awesome OUR band was. Your wedding should be one of most special days of your life. The right band is huge. You can’t choose better to achieve that expectation. Put your faith in Matt and get that special day. We did & were truly rewarded with the night of our life.

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Stephanie S

Matt and his team were very easy to work with and incredibly talented. They really took the time to learn us and our musical preferences and then delivered at our wedding. Their sound quality was excellent and the female singers in particular were outstanding. They are true... Read More musicians...not your typical wedding band!

Reviewed on 12/22/2017 Jenna W

Matt and his band made our wedding day absolutely perfect! From the intimate ceremony music to creating our reception atmosphere and coordinating the day-we couldn’t be happier. I can’t recommend Matt enough and thank him for helping make our wedding day even more than we hoped... Read More for!

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Riley M

Matt Stedman was a dream to work with and the music at our wedding was better than we ever could have imagined. You will not regret hiring this band. They are talented, professional and extremely detailed. If I could give them 10 stars I would. The dance floor was jam packed the... Read More ENTIRE wedding! Our guests could not get enough that we even had them play longer than we originally planned. I could go on and on about how wonderful this band is but I think you can see how happy we were with them.

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Paul B

Matt and the Band were unbelievable and made our wedding.! From the pre-planning months in advance to wedding day, to post-wedding followup, Matt was constantly involved. Not only was Matt always available via email and cell (sending emails at 1:30am some days!), but he was... Read More also in tune with what we were looking for, while providing his expertise on music, the flow of the cocktail hour and reception (which was VERY helpful), and timing. The night of the wedding, everything was executed flawlessly. Matt and the band arrived early with plenty of time to set up and ensure things were ready. Matt was also great with keeping us and the wedding party on track, and made sure that we had plenty of dancing time after dinner. Finally, speaking of dancing, the band was insane (in a good way)! They were fun, energetic, kept a good pace of fast vs. slow music, read the audience really well, and made sure we all had a great time. We would recommend Matt Steadman Band & Ring of Music Orchestra to anyone looking to get married - you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Jaime M

Matt Stedman Band & Ring of Music Orchestra were wonderful. They had all our guests up and dancing the whole time and were very accommodating to the genre of music we wanted.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Rachel L

We hired the Matt Stedman Band & ROM for our 9/2/17 wedding. It was a great decision! The band kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night. The musicians were very professional and timely. The preparation documents could have been a little more organized/easy to work... Read More through, but everything turned out great in the end!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Erin C

Personable, professional, and extremely talented... Matt and his band are where it's at. My husband and I were keen on hiring a live band for our wedding (this fall at Salvage One)... so we started with the knot, saw the rave reviews, dropped an email and heard back the very... Read More next day. Matt guided us through the process seamlessly, taking special time to get the timeline right, pronunciations of names spot-on, and ensure no stone was left unturned. Matt Stedman Band and Ring of Music Orchestra were the very first vendor we hired and I am so glad we did. They really helped us understand how all the moving pieces would intersect and most importantly, they provided the ultimate in entertainment and live songs for ourselves and our guests. We had a blast... they nailed every song requested (even learning some new jams). They play such a diverse array of music and genre's! Our night included everything from beautiful acoustic sets during the ceremony to ACDC and Swing during the reception... to Polka (with my grandpa jamming with the band on his accordion). Special thanks to Matt for connecting with my grandpa in advance and helping make our night one we will never forget. Sidenote to the brides out there... I'm glad I brought sneakers to change into because the dance floor was where it was at. Cheers to all you do, Matt and Team! Rock on.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Maura D

The band had our guests on the dance floor all night long! We went with a 9-piece band at Salvage One, which was perfect for the size of the venue. The band played all our must-play songs and helped to coordinate our ceremony-to-reception transition (which was a definitely... Read More non-standard). The only thing I wish we could have done differently was the last song - they didn't make an announcement that the last song was about to play, so when the music ended it was a little abrupt. Several people told me they wish they had known it was coming so that they could have hopped on the dance floor. So, if that's a concern for you, I would mention that up front to the band! Otherwise, it was a seamless evening with great music and a TON of dancing.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Rachel E

Joel and I used the Matt Stedman Band & Ring of Music Orchestra for our wedding reception in July 2017. It is three months later and our guests still talk about about amazing the band was! Matt made sure every introduction and announcement was seamless and the dance floor was... Read More packed ALL NIGHT. We even had to extend the band an extra 30 minutes last minute because our guests would not stop dancing! Thank you for the perfect evening, Matt Stedman!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kayla P

I knew I wanted the Matt Stedman Band before we officially set a date. The date we asked about was one of their only open dates left for 2017, so we of course set the date right then! Matt was helpful every step of the way, from our first conversation where we went over pricing,... Read More to our last minute requests for some songs our parents wanted to hear. Matt said he would be the one that kept wedding flowing, and he was. He gives you all the tools to set up how you want the flow of your wedding, and then he takes over on the day of. We didn’t have to worry about a thing. Every speech, dance, etc, happened with ease. He checked in with me before moving onto things to make sure everything was good. It was all perfect. And that’s not even the music end of it. The dance floor always had someone on it, all night. They are amazing. I don’t know how anyone could not dance when they’re up there performing. We had the best wedding ever, and I’ve been to over 20 in the last 12 years. Hands down, ours wins, and a big reason for that is this amazing band. Thank you guys so much!!!! 💕 Kayla and Cia

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Katey P

We hired Ring of Music for our wedding on June 3rd, 2017, and they gave us the greatest gift a bride and groom could ask for – A FULL DANCE FLOOR ALL NIGHT LONG! Having a band was a priority for my husband and I while we were planning our wedding. We knew that having band would... Read More leave a lasting impression of our special day. How We Found Ring of Music: When looking at venues, I would ask if they had any recommendations for a band. Matt Stedman’s name was recommended by more than one venue during our search. My husband learned about Ring of Music from reading reviews on in different bands. Then we saw them featured in The Knot magazine. All signs were pointing to Ring of Music! As you cannot see Ring of Music playing at a bar, we set up a phone interview with Matt to get a better feel for what Ring of Music is all about. I had a lengthy list of questions for Matt and he had no problem answering every one. My mind was put at ease within minutes of talking with Matt. This is a man that truly loves what he does and will go above and beyond to see that your event has incredible music. He has an incredible bredth of knowledge about music theory and how it will impact the feel of your crowd. He is fascinating to talk with about music. I feel like we became fast friends from our first phone call because of his passion for what he does and the love my husband and I have for music. Throughout the planning of our wedding, if we ever had a doubt about how our day would go, we would reread reviews for Ring of Music. From every review that we that we read, we knew that the band we chose would be incredible and that everyone at our wedding was going to have a fantastic time. Our Experience: Matt worked with us from the beginning to the end of our wedding planning process. He explained that Ring of Music has a wide collection of music artists – many of whom have received awards for their talents! He coordinated every minute of our reception to meet our needs and wants for the day. He was available via phone and email for any questions we had leading up to our day. Ring of Music has an extensive set list and offer you the opportunity to tell them what you do and do not like in terms of music. I should note that Matt will only be at your specific event if you pay to have a fiddle/harmonica player. We did pay to have him as the 6th piece of the band we were hiring because we wanted to have country and Celtic music within our set list. He is a very talented musician and a wonderful man to work with. Every moment of our reception was perfectly timed thanks to Ring of Music’s expertise. We cannot say enough good things about our experiences with Matt and Ring of Music. They are incredible! The artists that performed at our wedding were all extremely talented. Our guests are still talking about how awesome the band was and how much fun they had dancing at our wedding. Our dance floor was full all night and we were overjoyed with how the entire night unfolded. If you hire Ring of Music, you will undoubtedly have a wonderful event. It was the best decision we could have made for our wedding day planning. THANK YOU RING OF MUSIC OF MAKING OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER EVEN HAPPIER!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Gabrielle C

The Matt Stedman Band was great. From the first time we spoke on the phone, to the actual wedding day, they were on top of everything. They know how to keep a party going! I am really happy that we had such a great band for our weeding.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Jess H

Amazing band! Great up front coordination, asked all of the right questions, very professional, and most importantly a great band! Every guest loved the music and felt like they were at a live concert. High energy, great quality, and totally made our wedding. Would highly highly... Read More recommend this band!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Megan B

Great band. Very organized and helpful!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Reba N

The Matt Stedman Band was recommended to us by our venue and we are so pleased we had them perform at our wedding. Matt was very organized and that made my husband and I even more organized and thorough in our planning. They learned a new song for me to walk down the aisle to... Read More and did not hesitate to say yes when we asked if a friend of ours could play a song during the reception (and his band was amazing, listening to our friend play for a little and then jumping-in and accompanying him). The sound was amazing and we loved every song they played. Thank you for adding so much to our unforgettable night!

Matt Stedman

Your entire wedding experience should be personable. Making a true connection can only happen by speaking, rather than only emailing or texting. I'd rather share my bio as well as my team members' in the most engaging way possible.... Please CALL US @ (630) 670-0316! We look forward to making your wedding the most memorable & fun event of your lives!