Matthew Pautz Photography

Greenville - Asheville - Charleston - Nationwide

Timeless photography, for a lifetime of memories

Creating timeless wedding photography is both my passion and mission in life. I strive for a unique, artistic style that will be as meaningful in 50 years as it was the day it happened. I do this by blending true candid photojournalism with only as much professional guidance as is necessary. This allows me to work “in the moment”, capturing your wedding photos without interrupting or getting in the way of your wedding day.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Greenville - Asheville - Charleston - Nationwide (864) 475-1440
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Hannah M

We actually found Matthew by chance but once we did, we knew we had to hire him to capture our wedding day! As a wedding planner myself, I've worked with many talented photographers. Matthew's friendly, easy going personality, desire to get to know his clients and incredible raw... Read More talent put him at the top of my list both personally and professionally. We are beyond thrilled with the outcome of our photos, not to mention the amazing turnaround time for processing! We've had many friends and family speak wonders of Matthew as well, even those unable to attend have commented they felt like they were there just by looking through the photos. Thank you Matthew!

2016-06-14T21:59:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Hannah! I absolutely loved working with you both, and could not have asked for better clients. You are the reason I love what I do :) And if any prospective brides are reading this, here is a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Hunter H

Matthew is phenomenal! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. He has the best ideas and my photos are stuff dreams are made out of. They should be in magazines. If I could give him 100 stars I would!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Hannah S

Matt was awesome! From the start, he responded quickly and answered the million questions that I had! He was always there to give advice and share tips. We did our engagement and wedding photos with him and they are beautiful! He's laid back and relaxed and makes photographing... Read More you as comfortable as possible!

2017-11-14T12:49:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Ericka C

Working with Matthew Pautz photography will be the second best decision behind saying “I do” on your wedding day. From the beginning, he is incredibly helpful with planning out everything from your engagement photos to the big day. We experienced a number of bad weather days... Read More that could have been even more frustrating if the photographer was not as flexible. His approach to photography will leave you with the most incredible memories - you’ll want to cover your house with them.

2017-10-22T20:39:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you both so much! That is the best compliment I could ever hope to receive, and I appreciate you sharing your experience. I am sure I will see you both much more in the future too - stay in touch!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Jessica S

Handing the reins over to someone who would photograph one of the most important days of our lives was huge. I had browsed and browsed and contacted some photographers but something always just held me back from committing. Then I found Matthew. I knew right away that he was it,... Read More the same way I knew my dress the second I saw it. I believe in trusting your gut and instinct. His work makes you feel something. It isn’t posed and forced. This partially comes from his background in photography, continuous drive to learn, and a natural ability. Working with Matthew is a joy. He even made a believer out of my husband, who was impressed with his skill and knowledge. He’s adventurous and loves a challenge or new opportunity. He was super responsive and had a plethora of suggestions when I needed help or advice. His knowledge of venues and settings in South Carolina was so helpful and refreshing. On our wedding day, it felt like hanging out with a friend. He really gets to know you and capture that. There were so many times throughout the day that I would look over and see something and be like man that would be a beautiful picture. When I looked through the album he sent me, there they all were. He’s proactive and also captured so many beautiful things I never even got to see the day of. He really sees people and captures all those little moments, because those are the big ones. I cried over so many pictures because they are such a treasure. Of all the vendors we booked for our wedding, Matthew was above and beyond the best. He is not only an exceptionally gifted photographer but a wonderful person as well.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Chantelle A

I can not say enough great things about Matthew! He did our engagement and wedding photos and they were all amazing. Even when our wedding day started to fall apart I had no doubt in my mind that our pictures would be anything less than perfect.

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 ashley r

I am so lucky I came across Matthew's photos for a friend of a friend's wedding when i was looking into who I was going to choose to be our wedding photographer. Not only are his pictures amazing (we focused on the candids and he KILLS IT!) but he is a joy to be around as... Read More well. I couldn't be happier with our photos and I would recommend him to any bride looking! Thanks Matthew!!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Melissa N

I've known Matt a long time, I was actually a bridesmaid in his wedding long ago! Since then, our mutual love of the outdoors and photography has turned into many adventures: experimental hiking blue ridge mountain engagement sessions, vineyard sunset photography sessions,... Read More bridal portraits and of course, our wedding. I've never seen such a laid back and fun yet completely perfectionist in technique photographer. He knows how to take the little off handed events and create masterpieces. I love all of our photos! He's so fun and flexible to work with. Don't even think about anyone else. He's worth every penny. :)

Reviewed on 4/12/2016

Matthew did an AWESOME job for our daughter's wedding! I can't believe how great the pictures turned out. He is very professional in what he does. I've worked with many photographers and he is by far the best I've ever worked with. Besides the family group photos, you don't even... Read More know he's around taking pictures. I'm extremely picky and have never been more satisfied by services I've received. I highly recommend him! Thanks Matthew for all you've done to capture this special day for us!

The best!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Beth S

There are not enough words to describe how much we loved working with Matthew. He was so responsive during the process leading up to it and then so great on the day of. He was with me and my bridal party all day and was so sneaky with the camera that we didn't realize he was... Read More there. We did a first look which was so much fun and totally calmed the wedding day jitters. During the ceremony and reception he was everywhere, I really don't think he missed anything! Every image is so beautiful I really don't know how we're going to narrow them down for a book. I would recommend Matthew to anyone, he is the best! I hope we get to work with again in the future for family portraits.

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 McKinley W

Matthew’s photos of my wedding and rehearsal literally brought tears to my eyes when I saw them. They really captured the joy and love of the weekend. I don’t think I could recommend him highly enough. On top of his talent he’s also a super nice guy that was fun to have around.... Read More Book him!

Highly Recommened Photographer

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Katie M

I really enjoyed working with Matthew Pautz Photography. He is an amazing photographer. During the overwhelming time of not knowing exactly what to ask for and not even being sure what we wanted Matthew jumped right in and had great ideas. I was truly amazed by the final... Read More product.

Great Photographer, Quality Work!

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Krissy R

Matthew was a pleasure to work with! He was very prepared. In our initial meeting he answered any questions I had and stayed in touch. He came early to check out the venue because he had never shot there before. I was so excited to have a few sneak peak pictures the day... Read More after my wedding! What an awesome surprise! He had all my final photos to me in a week. What a turn around time!!! My wedding pictures are wonderful! I've looked through them over and over again. We will cherish them for a lifetime. We will be using him again in the future for a couple shoot with our dogs! Thanks Matthew!

Wonderful Photos and Experience

Reviewed on 12/25/2014 Rachel G

I absolutely loved having Matthew as our photographer! He was very professional and his pictures were just amazing! We had a family emergency right after the ceremony, so the Groom and I were unable to stay for the whole reception. Thanks to Mr. Pautz, we were able to enjoy the... Read More atmosphere and fun our families had through his pictures. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Can't beat this photographer.

Reviewed on 12/19/2014

Review written 12/19/2014 Matthew Pautz is an amazing photographer who can be professional and personal all at the same time. He has an amazing eye for the perfect shot. Would definitely recommend 1000 times over.

Matthew Pautz

When enough time passes that you no longer remember every detail like it was yesterday, your photos will be the only way you can re-live your day. Your wedding photography is an investment, one that I am honored to be entrusted with. Please take some time to check out my photography using the samples here or on my main website at www.matthewpautz.com. I am happy to have you here, and I look forward to having the chance to work with you in the future!