Destination Wedding Photographer

Maura Jane Photography is a destination wedding and portrait photography business located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, servicing the Albuquerque and Santa Fe areas and beyond. With a whimsical and ethereal style, Maura Jane Photography is here to help capture the love stories of the most romantic at heart.

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

2500 Garfield Ave Se Suite C, Albuquerque, NM Travel anywhere (505) 310-5385

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Dominique M

I don't even know where to begin. Maura is such a joy to work with. From day one she was so involved and always gave me such great ideas on venues and styles to fit me as a bride. We went out on a limb with our engagement photos and doing them in the SANTA Fe rail yards. But... Read More Maura captured a worn down and rustic place and made them look so warm and full of love. After seeing our engagement photos there was no doubt in my mind that our wedding photos would be wonderful. As time went on we put some hick ups on Maura with changing the wedding date and venue like 3 times but not once did Maura get angry or upset about the change she was always so supportive and helpful. She genuinely cares about her clients. And just helped us stay calm about each process. When the wedding day came she was on time and ready to work. She came very prepared. When there was some down time, when there wasn't much going on it between stuff, I loved that she had a go getters attitude with taking pictures of the dress and scouting out good places to have the bridal photos and first looks made it so helpful when that part of the day came we all knew right where to go. She was very helpful in guiding us in how to stand for good lighting and made all of us feel so comfortable with being in front of the camera. I kept hearing from my friends and family that: "Maura is so sweet" "She really knows her job well" "I love her style" "She is doing such a good job" When I got our wedding photos I really just cried she captured everything from us getting ready to the sparkler goodbyes. Nothing was missed and I can't thank her and her team for all they have done. Thank you Maura for capturing the most wonderful day of our lives and the photos were seriously breathtaking. I wouldn't chose another photographer if I had the choice. Maura Jane Photography is really the way to go ❤

2017-12-14T09:18:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Dominique! Your wedding was so beautiful and its so obvious you and Kevin and very loved. Your bridal party and family were amazing! I love that I feel like I have gained a new amazing friend from working with you instead... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Erin P

I can not speak more highly of Maura Jane Photography. Our experience was so amazing from start to finish. Maura's attention to detail and her thoughtfulness is just wonderful! Her talent and ability to create such incredibly stunning photos is priceless!! For our initial... Read More meeting, I met with Maura and Sarah in a beautiful little studio. It was not only extremely helpful (information wise), but so much fun! They even gave me recommendations on other vendors, which I definitely took advantage of and very much appreciated. (They absolutely knew what they were talking about. :) ) A week or so after we saved our date with her, we received the sweetest package in the mail. It was from Maura, thanking and congratulating us. Brightened my day, it was so incredibly thoughtful! Maura and Sarah both came up to Santa Fe to take our engagement photos. We subjected them to our crazy chocolate lab (in a public place, so it wasn't easy). They were so great with her, very patient and so helpful with getting her to cooperate. Our engagement photos were fantastic, we loved every single one. I met with Maura one last time to go over all the details of the day. What was planned, who my vendors were so she could give them credit (again, so thoughtful), what we needed to decide picture wise, etc. It was fun and exciting to sit and chat with her about all of it. The day of the wedding Sarah tracked us down all on her own and made things happen. Very chaotic day, not sure what we would have done without her. She was amazing, took charge of getting what she needed for photos and we didn't have to think about a thing. She was so perfect at coordinating everyone, getting peoples attention when needed, and her patience is incredible. She was everywhere at all times and didn't miss a thing. There was a hiccup with our food, so the timing of everything was prolonged quite a bit. Sarah made sure she stayed to get everything and then some. We so appreciate her in every way! Unfortunately, Maura was already taken for our wedding day, but she was somehow able to squeeze our first look in. We were so thrilled she was able to be there! Her and Sarah took breathtaking photos from every angle of our first look. So in love with every single one, and so grateful to have those!! I was really touched that Maura made sure to make that happen for us. I can not put into words how much I love our wedding photos! I got to actually experience the day. They got everything. The smallest details, the spontaneous happenings and the precious moments. Every single photo is perfect in every way. So thrilled to have gorgeous memories to last a lifetime!! Maura Jane Photography went above and beyond. So incredibly talented and I am so honored I was able to have them as our photographers. Best decision ever!!

2017-11-13T09:50:51 Response from the vendor

Erin, this review is beyond words. Its so incredibly kind of you to take the time to write about your experience from start to finish. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Working with you was a dream! Congrats again! xoxo

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Brooke F

I am a picture person. I don't journal through words, but I journal through pictures. Selecting a photographer for the biggest day of my life was a big deal. My mom came across Maura and some other photographers and I immediately fell in love with her work. She was super... Read More personable from the beginning and took incredible engagements. After the first session, my husband made a comment about how well she maneuvered us to make each shot perfect. We both loved that. Come wedding day, Maura and her assistant Sarah took every shot imaginable. I would ask them to take a shot and they had already done it. AWESOME! The turnaround was INCREDIBLE. I got my pictures back so fast with a lot of sneak peeks along the way. If you want beautiful, bright, stunning, real photos...HIRE MAURA. <3

2017-03-10T09:05:40 Response from the vendor

Wow Brooke thank you! Your wedding was simply beautiful and you and Mitch are such an adorable loving couple. <3

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Madeline L

My husband and I searched through so many photographers in Albuquerque while we were planning our wedding. We came across Maura Janes website and instantly fell in love with her work so we immediately booked her for our wedding. I ran into trouble with finding vendors for... Read More different needs throughout the wedding planning process (bridesmaid, HMUA, DJ, etc) and Maura helped us by giving us referrals and I am beyond grateful as our wedding turned out perfect. Not only is she such a wonderful and talented photographer, she is a genuinely kind, sweet, and caring individual to work with. Our wedding photos were gorgeous and we cannot express how immensely thankful we are to have them to remember our wedding forever! I could not recommend her enough, she is without a doubt the right choice!

Reviewed on 1/15/2018

Maura is extremely talented and so thoughtful! On the day of my wedding, there was rain and hail in between the ceremony and reception, and she went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable while still shooting special moments! Maura and her assistant, Briana took care of us... Read More and captured each moment so perfectly! Maura’s photography and editing is FLAWLESS, classy, and just perfect! She also made us a beautiful wedding album that we will cherish forever!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Allie H

I had the BEST experience with Maura! She was lovely since day one. She did not miss a thing, yet you never knew she was there. She has such an eye for photography and has captured all of our wedding day memories!!! I highly recommend Maura!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Chloe E

I first met Maura at a wedding expo in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I was I was recently engaged but knew my wedding was about two years away so I didn't even want to start meeting with vendors but one of my dear friends told me to take advantage of the extra time and start shopping... Read More around now. My mother, friend and I were instantly mesmerized by Maura's photography! She was able to capture landscapes like nothing we had seen before. My friend and I immediately felt comfortable with Maura and knew that she would be a great addition to our wedding party on the day of the wedding. I took a brochure and booked her within a couple weeks of meeting her. A few months later she did our engagement session and my fiance met Maura for the first time. She made us feel comfortable and relaxed so our pictures would look natural. When we saw the pictures I was so thrilled with how candid and happy my fiance looked! Maura made the session fun and exciting and not at all forced. Nearly a year and half later, it was finally our wedding day!!! Maura and her assistant arrived on time, were professional and made everyone feel comfortable and at home! She captured all the special moments we hoped for and many more! One of those special moments being the "first look." This moment is between the bride, the groom and the photographer. This moment is a perfect opportunity to get out those pre-ceremony jitters and just be present with your person to-be. We cried and we laughed and will have those moments forever documented. I look at those pictures and can feel all the same emotions and feel incredibly happy. After we did our "first look" we were ready to get married! We actually smiled at each other during our vows instead of bowling our eyes out and no one being able to understand us. I am so honored and grateful that Maura Jane Photography was present for our wedding! She was amazing, kinda and incredibly talented! She is worth her weight in gold and will do anything to make sure you are satisfied.

2017-10-27T13:37:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Chloe! It has been amazing getting to know and work with your family. Your wedding was so beautiful and full of love. I wish you and Adam the very best! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Morgan D

We initially chose Maura because we liked her soft, romantic style--little did we know when we booked her how INCREDIBLE she would be! I am very picky about my photos and rarely like pictures of myself. I can honestly say that there is not a single photo Maura took that I don't... Read More love. Not only is she incredibly talented, she is also a delight to work with and will go above and beyond for her brides. On the day of my wedding we had a surprise rainstorm that sent my outdoor ceremony inside. Maura not only helped with smoothing out the last minute change of plans, she also did everything in her power to make sure I still got the beautiful outdoor photos I was hoping for (she and Sarah even carried my dress from location to location to make sure it didn't get wet or dirty)! Hiring Maura was one of the best choices we made for our wedding and I know we will come back to her every time we want professional photos taken even though we don't live in New Mexico--she's worth traveling for!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Emily E

Where do I even begin? If I could give Maura ten stars, I would! When I started the search for my wedding photographer I knew that I had to have Maura strictly based off the pictures I had seen from her other weddings. She was the first vendor we hired and it was one of the best... Read More decisions we made! Maura was an absolute joy to work with- she was incredibly knowledgeable, professional and organized. Maura and her assistant Kayla were so helpful on our wedding day. They kept us on track and captured the most perfect pictures throughout the day! The turnaround time for the photos was so fast (even during peak wedding season) and they were AMAZING. I could not have asked for a better photographer. Maura is truly a gift to the New Mexico wedding industry and I would recommend her to any bride.

2017-10-17T14:08:30 Response from the vendor

Emily, your wedding so such an honor to document. You executed your vision perfectly and I am so glad you picked me to capture it all! xoxo.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jessica S

Completely satisfied with Maura Jane Photography! Maura is very friendly and easy to communicate with. We had both our engagement and wedding pictures done by her. Both were breath taking. Not only was her photography amazing but her organizational skills helped us stay on track... Read More with our wedding timeline. We ordered an albumn and canvas from her. These photos we will cherish for a lifetime. I highly recommend Maura it was truely worth it.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Elizabeth C

We spend weeks and weeks looking for the perfect wedding photographer. From the moment my husband send me Maura’s information I knew she was just what we were looking for. Her style and quality of photos was perfect for us. It was important to meet with her before booking and... Read More once we meet her, we knew she was perfect. We included Sarah the second photographer in our wedding package and I can’t express how grateful we are for finding such talented photographers. The day of my wedding Maura and Sarah were amazing, they coordinated with the DJ throughout the night and they capture every detail!!! They always made us feel comfortable in front of the lens. Ever since I received my wedding photos I can’t stop looking at them!!! I want everyone to see them!! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! More than what I could ever ask for. The photos not only capture the moments of our wedding but every picture tells a story and captures all the emotions I was feeling that day. If you want a photographer who is talented, reliable, sweet and AMAZING hired Maura!!! If I could plan my wedding again, I would rehire her. THANK YOU MAURA!!

2017-09-18T14:45:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so so much Elizabeth! You and Omar made our jobs so easy and we had the best time running around in the golf carts with you and just being able to document your beautiful love story. We wish you the very best!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Shelby W

Maura Jane and her photography partner, Sarah, are both AMAZING and I would recommend their services to anyone. Sarah shot our engagement and wedding photos, and Maura did my bridal boudoir portraits - every shot I have seen so far is gorgeous! They are both so easy to work... Read More with, very accommodating and professional, and have a great eye for natural photo opportunities that don't seem forced or posed. Their style is very bright and romantic, which immediately drew me to them when choosing a photographer. I can't wait to see how my wedding photos came out! Thank you Sarah and Maura Jane!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Krystina M

Words cannot express how wonderful our experience with Maura Jane was! Her professionalism, expertise and attention to detail were phenomenal! I highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Juana B

Maura is basically a photography angel! I found her by just scrolling through the internet looking for wedding photographers in Albuquerque, and I'm so glad I stumbled across her website! I loved the pictures displayed on the site, and immediately knew I wanted her to do my... Read More engagement photo session. We just did the session yesterday at Sandia Crest, and it was so much fun. Maura was super easy to work with and laughed at all my fiance's horrible jokes. She was super patient with us as we arrived late to our session due to traffic, and while we also did a wardrobe change. These things costed us a little bit of daylight time, so Maura had to work quickly, but I got a sneak peak at a few of the photos today and absolutely LOVE them! So much beauty captured by Maura and her camera!!! If my wedding we're happening in town, I would definitely book her for that too! I would recommended her to any and every one!!! She'll definitely be my go-to photographer for any special life moments in the future. =)

2017-06-15T18:50:49 Response from the vendor

Wow Juana thank you so much! It is incredibly kind of you to take the time to write this review. It was so much fun working with you both and I loved Jon's silly jokes. As a destination wedding photographer we wish we were traveling... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Patty C

We are so happy we chose Maura to be with us on our special day! We were married in San Diego and she happily traveled there from New Mexico to capture our wedding. Maura was in constant communication with us and would answer all our questions quickly. She is so professional and... Read More her atttion to detail is spectacular. Maura knows how to make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera, even during those intimate moments with your loved one. We will cherish her photos forever. Thanks Maura!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Gabrielle R

Maura did a wonderful job for both our engagement and wedding pictures. She was easy and comfortable to work with and our pictures are beautiful. We've received so many positive comments about our pictures. I would highly recommend Maura to any bride.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Amanda O

Wow...where do I even begin? Maura has been part of our journey ever since we got engaged. She has been incredibly helpful, patient, and more than gracious throughout this wild wedding adventure! So incredibly easy to work with and I couldn't have asked for a better new... Read More friend throughout this process! And, O M G...her work is flawless! We just received our wedding pictures and I can barely tear myself away to be able to write this review and tell you to book Maura immediately! Our pictures make our wedding day look even more perfect than I remember. I am beyond thrilled with her and Sarah, her second shooter or the day. Seriously. I can't even begin to describe the beauty that I am seeing. Thank you Maura (and Sarah!) for the best gift that we could have ever gotten from our day, forever gorgeous memories!! <3

2017-05-18T22:29:51 Response from the vendor

thank you from the bottom of my heart Amanda. Your wedding was a dream and traveling to Texas to photograph it was the icing on the cake.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Anna F

I absolutely love our wedding photos! Maura was great throughout the wedding planning process. She was quick to respond and super helpful. Her work is just stunning! If you like bright and beautiful photos that capture your love on your wedding day, Maura is it!!

2017-04-21T16:36:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Anna! It was wonderful working with you and Jordan and I wish you many years of happiness! xoxo

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Christina W

Maura is truly the best photographer we could have asked for. Not only is her work truly remarkable but she is so fun to work with. Her creativity is so great and the images came out perfect! She made us feel at ease our whole special day because we knew she'd capture the most... Read More important moments throughout the day. Execellent communication, and a true artist! Thanks Maura!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Natasha D

Maura Jane Photography was amazing to work with! From the first email communication, Maura was quick to respond and worked with us to help achieve exactly what we wanted. She also went above and beyond by suggesting other local vendors that she's worked with in the past. We... Read More ended up booking multiple other vendors based on her recommendations! My partner and I had to plan our wedding from another state, which usually causes multiple headaches, but I can honestly say that I was never stressed out at all about photography. We decided at the beginning that photography was one of the most important aspects of our wedding and it was money really well spent. Our engagement session was magical and it started snowing in ABQ right in the middle of it! We received our photos pretty quickly afterwards and they were really easy to download and order if we wanted. Our wedding photos were absolutely stunning and also really easy to download. It did take a little while to get the pictures after our wedding, but it was a really busy time and understandably, Maura was very busy. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and are so happy we used her!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Karina Y

maura is absolutely amazing and a pleasure to work with. She captured all the details of our wedding day so beautifully and all my friends and family can't stop talking about how gorgeous the photos came out.

2016-11-28T22:47:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Karina! Your wedding was simply stunning it was so wonderful meeting and getting to work with you. xoxo

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Ariel B

Maura was wonderful to work with from start to finish. When looking for a photographer, we felt her prices were the most reasonable considering everything she included in her package. We also loved the saturated, colorful, and creativity of her shots online. Choosing Maura as... Read More our photographer was one of the best wedding choices we could have made, and we had no idea how much "bang" we'd get for our "buck." Our wedding photos also came out gorgeous! She was flexible with all of the special poses we requested, and her creative eye made for some amazing golf course pictures with my husband and I. She was also flexible with substituting a family shoot (which was actually a pregnancy announcement shoot! ;)) for the engagement session that was already a part of the package. Maura also communicates in a quick, timely manner, which helped so much since I planned my own wedding. Anytime I had a question, she was there with an answer and encouragement. I would highly recommend Maura if you want to work with someone who is organized, sophisticated, and on a personal note, incredibly classy. Her photos are amazing, and we are so happy Maura was able to capture our special day. <3

2016-11-18T08:25:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Ariel for these kind words! Your wedding was beautiful and I just adore your family. I hope we can work together again soon! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer M

Maura is a phenomenal photographer and she becomes even more than that. She took the time to get to know our family and really invested in our engagement and wedding. Our photos came out stunning and the experience was amazing and effortless. We will definitely use her again for... Read More future photos.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jenna J

My fiancé and I moved to Albuquerque this past spring and were engaged shortly after. We are not a picture-taking couple, but we decided this was a special time in our lives that we wanted to remember forever. We booked a shoot with Maura in historic Old Town in hopes to... Read More capture some New Mexican flare in our photos. We thought the whole idea of a photo shoot in public would be a bit awkward, but we were pleasantly surprised. Maura was professional but also laid back and super friendly, and the whole experience was a breeze. She told us exactly what to do and knew exactly what spots she wanted to photograph in, while leaving room for spontaneity. We had a blast. The photos came out beautifully, and better than we could have hoped. We feel they really represent us as a couple while capturing the essence of New Mexico, our new home. The whole process from beginning to end was incredibly easy. I highly recommend Maura, do not hesitate to book her. I promise you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jaclyn C

Think about your expectations of a wedding photographer...Maura will exceed them! She is both a professional, and an artist. She captured beautiful photos that my husband and I will always remember at the Farm and Ranch Museum in Las Cruces. Do I recommend her? To everyone I... Read More know! Thank you, Maura!

Maura Casados

I have always felt that life goes by too fast and found myself wishing every special moment could be captured and frozen in time. The idea that I could document a fleeting moment and keep it to myself or share it with the world fascinated me. This concept is what initially drew me to photography. It brought me across the country to the beautiful southwest where I now reside with my husband and 2 pups. I love traveling all around the country to photograph weddings and families and I adore documenting each and every love story. I can’t wait to hear yours!