Maymont

(8)

Richmond, VA

Capacity: Up to 150 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Happily Ever After at Maymont

Celebrate your magical day in the flower-filled Italian Garden or enjoy the natural beauty of the Japanese Garden. This 100-acre estate also offers indoor/outdoor receptions, romantic carriage rides, rehearsal dinner locations, engagement packages and lovely backdrops for your portrait.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

• Valet Parking

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Botanic Garden/Park, Mansion/Historic Site, Unusual/Alternative

1700 Hampton Street, Richmond, VA

Maymont Park

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Josi D

I had a September wedding outdoors at Maymont Park and it was perfect. The weather was amazing (72, sunny, cool breeze), the Italian garden was beautiful, and the reception was right up the hill in the Garden Hall - close and convenient. They provide a bridal dressing room in the Garden Hall, as well as a carriage ride for the bride and father to the Italian garden and another for the bride and groom away from the ceremony. There's also a two-hour bridal portrait session built into the price. They provide all the tables and chairs for the ceremony (32 chairs, too few, in my opinion) and reception (I'm not sure how many, but the numbers are on their website), but don't provide linens. The wedding packages prices range from $1000 - $2800 I believe. We opted for a Sunday afternoon ceremony and reception and it cost $2500, which was a bit expensive - the only downside to a perfect wedding venue.

Beautiful and wonderful location

Reviewed on 7/05/2012 Alicia C

My husband and I chose Maymont for our ceremony (Italian Gardens) and reception (Nature Center). We couldn't have asked for more! The staff was very professional and accomodating. Our day was picture perfect and went off without a flaw.

Perfect Wedding Location!

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Aubry V

Maymont park is one of the most perfect wedding locations in Virginia. The gardens are gorgeous and the Garden Hall is lovely and convenient with all of the amenities (air conditioning, bathrooms, av system, kitchen) you need for a reception. The people there are friendly, knowledgeable, and their service is excellent. Maymont allowed us to have our dream wedding for a very reasonable cost.

Everyone enjoyed it

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 NICOLE F

We got married in the Italian garden in Oct and it was beautiful. The staff was helpful and friendly. This place is truly a hidden gem of Richmond and is perfect for small and intimate weddings. I definitely tell everyone about this place!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Becca P

I grew up in Richmond so I have been to Maymont a million times. We got married in the Italian Gardens and it was perfect! The scenery is so amazing for a wedding! The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only issue we ran into was transportation for myself and my husband from the ceremony site to the reception. The tram left us and there was no one around to ask so we waiting around for 30 minutes until the public safety guy came and gave us a ride! It was a miscommunication that is funny now, but wasn't funny at the time. Other than that, I would highly recommend Maymont!

Perfect Fall Wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Leah W

My husband and I were married October 20th in the Italian Gardens at Maymont. The staff was incredibly friendly and professional, and I would not change a thing! I was concerned about only having 32 allotted chairs for our ceremony with about 100 in attendance. This didn't prove to be a problem!

Perfect Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Erica N

My husband and I chose Maymont because we spend a lot of time there. We have always loved this park and knew it was the perfect place to get married. We had a September wedding at the Italian Gardens. Our reception was at the Nature Center. We could not have been more pleased. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Every question I asked was answered quickly. The day of the wedding they were there and so organized. They helped create a stress free day and we could not have been more happy!

Review for Maymont

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Casey L

The overall atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for - it was elegant peaceful and beautiful.;Be aware that it is a park so you may see other park guests who are not invited to the wedding. The staff does a nice job of generally keeping non-wedding park guests away from the ceremony and reception.

Send Email