McNamara Alumni Center

Minneapolis, MN

Award-Winning + Stunning Wedding Reception Venue

The McNamara Alumni Center at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis is an elegant celebration venue with wood and copper interiors inspired by the Minnesota landscape. The venue offers two stunning settings for wedding receptions--Memorial Hall accommodates up to 400 guests; University Hall up to 150 guests. Other amenities McNamara offers include: Award-winning D'Amico Catering, our exclusive on-site caterer with a kitchen and offices housed in McNamara; an adjacent 500-car parking ramp with event rates between $8.00-$10.00 per car; and adjacent Commons Hotel, connected to McNamara by tunnel, with 304 sleeping rooms, including a honeymoon suite. AVAILABLE DATES: Saturday, May 5, 2018 Saturday, May 19, 2018 Saturday, June 16, 2018

Ballroom, Museum

Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2008 09

200 Oak St SE, Minneapolis, MN (612) 624-9831
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Rachel K

This was the first venue we toured and we didn't have to look anywhere else! We met while we were both in undergrad at the U of M, so this was a perfect choice for our wedding ceremony and reception. Having the reception in Memorial Hall was just beautiful, and the Johnson Great... Read More Room served as the perfect, intimate ceremony space. The staff was wonderful to work with and very responsive through the whole process. We enjoyed everything about our planning process and the day of the wedding! We are just getting some pictures back now and this venue makes the most beautiful backdrop (inside and out). Our guests were amazed with the space as well! Overall just a fantastic experience with the MAC.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Teréz I

Everything was wonderful! We've heard wonderful things from all our guests, and we have to say that we agree--our wedding day was pretty much better than we ever could've hoped for. Our coordinator, Rebekah Nelson, and her staff helped it go so smoothly. A wedding is a pretty... Read More stressful thing to plan, obviously, so having the staff at McNamara to help guide us through the process was such a huge benefit. Just awesome.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Erin H

We recently had our ceremony and reception at McNamara, and we were beyond impressed with our entire experience. Alex, our wedding coordinator, was amazing from the beginning and helped us ensure every detail was taken care of before and during our wedding day. She also worked... Read More seamlessly with all of our vendors, and Damico, the caterer, was fantastic as well. We are still hearing about how great the food was! Overall, this was a beautiful venue with unmatched service, and we couldn't have imagined a more perfect experience. I would highly recommend McNamara to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Rachel R

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at McNamara Alumni Center and it was beautiful. Alaina, our wedding coordinator from the venue, was awesome and with D'Amico, the caterer, they did an amazing job! McNamara is such a beautiful and unique venue, I heard great things about... Read More the food (especially the cake), and it was so easy and smooth to plan with the great partnership. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Christiane J

We had our wedding reception at Mc Namara Alumni Center - at the University Hall Room - and we can't say enough of how amazing it was!!! Alex Vekich- our wedding coordinator from the venue- was extremely helpful and with Damico - the caterer- they did a phenomenal job! The place... Read More itself is beautiful, the food was very complimented, and it was so easy to do all the wedding planning with their group! Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Heather H

I truly can't say enough positive remarks about McNamara. It was the perfect place for our wedding. We wanted something unique for our day and also for our guests to enjoy. We received so many compliments on the beauty of the space. The entire planning process and communication... Read More was superb. The staff are experts in events and it was very clear. We worked with Alex V. and she was amazing to work with every step of the way. Timely responses, answers to all of our questions that we likely asked a thousand times before, and just a joy to work with. We were lucky to have her! If you're looking for a different venue aside from the standard ballroom, I highly recommend McNamara!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Rachelle G

I had my Wedding Ceremony in the Johnson Great Room and my Reception in the Memorial Hall! Absolutely Beautiful for both and the staff was so accommodating and helpful all the way up until the wedding day itself. The pictures turned out amazing and so unique. The building is... Read More gorgeous for a wedding no matter the size. My guests still talk about how open and beautiful it was! When my (now) Husband and I toured the McNamara Alumni Center, we knew we didn't have to go anywhere else and we wanted our wedding there. We fell in the love the moment we stepped into the building. If you're debating on seeing this venue in person, WE recommend you do it. You wont be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Sydnie E

McNamara Alumni Center was a beautiful event space. The natural light there is amazing. The food is great. The staff are responsive, friendly, and professional. I'd recommend McNamara to anyone I know.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Sarah M

McNamara was a beautiful venue for my wedding - I really couldn't have imagined it any better. The staff was so friendly and helpful. There's nothing I would do differently if I did it all over again. So happy!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Gillian S

McNamara went above and beyond to make our wedding the night of our lives! The food with D'Amico was perfect. McNamara will email or call you back within a couple hours of you contacting them. They always answer your questions and make you feel special. Guests are still talking... Read More about how BEAUTIFUL our venue and wedding was. The photos at McNamara are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Christina P

Everything went very smoothly at McNamara! We loved the beautiful space, top notch food, and excellent service. Would highly recommend, we were so glad we chose McNamara for our winter wedding.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Kelsey F

We used this venue for our ceremony and it was beautiful! They were so friendly and worked with us on every level. I appreciate everything they did to make our day so perfect. I would highly recommend off price, location, building and staff!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Emily D

As a fiance of an Architect, I knew I needed to find a venue that spoke for itself. The architecture of McNamara is stunning! We did our first look in the Heritage Gallery against the backdrop of thesis books. We held a romantic ceremony in Johnson Hall with flowers and candles... Read More against the copper wall. And threw an unforgettable reception in Memorial Hall. One of the main reasons why McNamara made the perfect venue for our December wedding is because of it's location and amenities. Both Commons Hotel and the University Parking ramp are connected to McNamara through a tunnel meaning our guests did not have to go outside which is comforting because you never know what the weather would be like in Minnesota in December. I cannot thank Rebekah and the team at McNamara enough for helping us create a wedding that surpassed all of our dreams. I highly recommend McNamara Alumni Center to anyone looking for an unforgettable venue in the twin cities!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Andrea P

Beautiful venue, our guests raved about it! Perfect for U of M alumni too :)

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Lisa R

The venue is beautiful, and they work well with you to make it unique to your needs. The staff is flexible, cheerful and accommodating. They were a joy to work with and made this portion of planning extremely smooth. They were on top of our details, and made sure we thought of... Read More everything. From our first contract signing to end of the night cleanup, we had absolutely no complaints, only praises.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Glendon H

Our wedding at the McNamara Alumni Center was phenomenal. The food was amazing, the service was wonderful, and for $14,000 and 150 guests, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Last Minute Lifesavers!

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Meghan K

McNamara Alumni Center was a TRUE lifesaver in throwing our wedding! Our original venue flooded just weeks before our wedding and we had to find an alternative. We were so lucky that McNamara just happened to have availability when they usually book years in advance! We worked... Read More with both Kim and Alaina and they were beyond amazing while helping us throw together a new wedding in just weeks! Everything was so incredible and the day was more perfect that we could have ever dreamed! Thank you McNamara!!

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Megs M

We recently had our wedding in the Johnson room at the McNamara and our reception was in Memorial Hall. We absolutely love this place! We fell in love with the architecture and knew we had to have our wedding here. In the Johnson room we had candles on all the ledges with... Read More yellow flowers accenting the aisle-way. It was a beautiful ceremony. We also had a reader, a vocalist/guitarist, the DJ, a wine box ceremony and a wedding party of 12 (counting us). It was the perfect size and felt intimate even though we had about 165 people. Then we had the cocktail hour/dinner/dance in Memorial hall. Heritage gallery was also open to the wedding party during cocktail hour and we also had a kids room which they absolutely loved! In Memorial hall we had cafe lighting as well as some uplighting by the cake/presents/bar area. We also had some fun gobo lighting on the walls of the Mcnamara for the dance to make it more fun. There were also candles in the water feature. We had yellow centerpiece flowers of two different heights which looked great in the room and we had a rock theme too (rock table #'s, stacked rocks for table decorations in addition to the flowers and rocks that held peoples name cards, rocks people signed as a guestbook). The rock theme worked perfectly with the venue. The people at the McNamara were also great to work with. They walk you through every stage and you always get updated seating charts and timelines so you are all on the same page. They also met with my lighting group and DJ to help answer questions. They are very friendly and receptive to helping you. In fact when our pastor bailed on the rehearsal the day before, they stepped in and ran through the rehearsal with the wedding party so we still got to practice. It was much appreciated and helped relieve some stress! I highly recommend this place. It is a bit spendy with the catering from D'Amico but people keep talking about how great it was and how beautiful it was. In addition, our photos are great and we are getting a 40 x 60 canvas of us outside the venue at night with a little rain on us. We couldn't have had such great photos without the great setting. Also, the commons hotel is good to book if you pick this place (more great photo opportunities). You will feel very special if you have your wedding here. Ours truly felt magical!

Everything was Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Kelsey M

McNamara was simply amazing! Their staff was friendly and helpful and really knew their stuff. The service was out of this world. Truly for what you pay, you get so much. I am an event coordinator for a living and they knocked my socks off and made for a stress free wedding,... Read More that people just raved about. I would reccomd McNamara to anyone looking for a stunning wedding venue.

GORGEOUS

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Alexa B

McNamara is an incredibly gorgeous place to have your wedding. The staff was accommodating to my every need, and bent over backwards to make my day perfect. The whole operation ran smoothly and I could not have been more happy with my decision!

Couldn't have been better

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Mitch P

We had a great experience from start to finish. Well worth the money.

An amazing wedding venue

Reviewed on 6/22/2013 Shayna O

Our wedding was perfect and went accordingly as planned! And I couldn't have asked for better staff!

Great venue

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Hannah J

We got so many compliments on the Memorial Hall in the McNamara. It is a great place for a larger group.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Emily K

My husband actually found our venue, and he knew I would like it right away. We had our ceremony and reception at the McNamara, something our guests really liked. We have breathtaking pictures of our ceremony. The staff at the McNamara was very helpful with all of the planning,... Read More and accommodated all of our requests. Would recommend.

McNamara is fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Sari G

The McNamara Alumni Center was amazing! The staff were fantastic and extremely helpful! They were always available to answer my questions and willing to be flexible to the changes I requested. The building itself is extremely beautiful with copper walls and beautiful furniture.... Read More I had many compliments about the location from my wedding guests!