Philadelphia Wedding Photographer

Unlike some of the larger photo studios, when you work with McShea Photography, you will meet me face to face for our consultation, and you will be able to reach me by phone or email with whatever questions you have leading up to your wedding day. If you hire me…you get me.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Serving Greater Philadelphia, NJ, DE, MD area. (732) 674-7240
PINTEREST

Dave McShea was the best!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Katie P

Dave is an absolutely amazing photographer and captured our wedding day so beautifully. From the moment we first met with Dave, we knew he would be right for us because he was easy going, professional, and had great attention to detail. On the wedding day, he was a pleasure to... Read More work with, and had a way of making us all feel relaxed and comfortable instead of stiff and posed. We couldn’t be happier with how the photos turned out. He really captured true emotion and through the photos, we can relive everything about the wedding day. I would not hesitate to recommend Dave to anyone looking for an amazing, down to earth, and incredibly talented photographer. Thank you Dave!

2015-05-20T15:45:20 Response from the vendor

Your wedding will be hard to forget. Had a great time running around Philly with you and your bridal party letting me get shots that I'm going to be using in my portfolio for a long time. Loads of fun taking them as well. Thanks... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Mary Bridget B

Are you looking for a photographer that is reasonably priced, kind, patient, energetic, and an excellent communicator? That's Dave! Are you looking for beautiful photos with creative and unique angles and perspective? That's Dave! Are you hoping for memorable candids, a... Read More package deal, and a flexible personality? That's Dave! Hire McShea Photography-- he's quite literally a one man show, a photographer ninja if you will, and a gentleman who will guide you through your day! We will be working with Dave And McShea Photography for years to come. :)

Genuine, Professional, AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Robyn L

David McShea made my fiance and I feel like we had known him our entire lives from the first moment we met! He was easy to meet with, asked us all of the right questions and made us feel like it was our wedding and party, not his day to photograph us, as we had felt with meeting... Read More other photographers. It's very easy when meeting wedding vendors to feel like your in a car dealership and that not purchasing right away, will somehow break the deal! Dave didn't make us feel that way at all! His genuine interest in our lives, not just our wedding day, but getting to know us, so that our day went perfectly, would have been priceless in and of itself. Then genuine nature he has made our photographs come our beautiful and natural, rather than posed and stuffy. We couldn't be happier with McShea Photography and I have several friends getting married who I have already passed his number along to! Thanks Dave! You're GREAT!!!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 STEPHEN T

Looking for your wedding photographer? Feel free to check that off your to-do list because you just found him. We cannot express how glad we are we booked McShea Photography to photograph our wedding ceremony and reception. We found Dave on WeddingWire and The Knot and were... Read More impressed by the overwhelmingly positive reviews, coupled with great examples of his work on his website. We set up a casual meeting with Dave last summer and discussed our plans, what we were looking for, timelines, et-cetera. Long story short, we decided to book his services and we can't express how glad we are we did. We had an amazing engagement shoot in Philly in the fall, and the photos we have just seen from our ceremony and reception are simply amazing. Throughout it all Dave was patient, professional, and his work speaks for itself. His rates are also very reasonable. We booked a package with him that included 8 hours of coverage for the day, the engagement shoot, the album, and a print credit for a very fair price. Do yourself a favor and get in touch with Dave. You'll be glad you did.. thanks for everything Dave !!!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017

Dave was fantastic! He took the time to really get to know our family and he is really a wonderful photographer. He made our son's Bar Mitzvah such a perfect day, and captured so many fantastic moments. He has excellent communication skills and was able to work in all the photos... Read More we were hoping to have to remember our event. I highly recommend Dave, he is very warm and caring, and incredibly professional. You cannot go wrong!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Michelle R

We came across David McShea’s reviews while we were searching for wedding photographers through TheKnot.com. Immediately, we were very impressed by his reviews on the website so we decided to take a further look at his photography website. The way he captured the memories for... Read More each couple was what we were looking for. Anyone can take a still photo, but we think it’s the candid moments that mean the most. We decided to hire Dave as our wedding photographer for our September 2016 wedding at Normandy Farm in Blue Bell, PA. I’m originally from the Philadelphia area, and my husband is from New Jersey; however, we currently live in Northern Virginia. As you can guess, most of our communication with Dave was going to be either through email or by phone. Nonetheless, Dave was willing to work with us from afar. We had our first conversation with Dave in September 2015, which went very well. My husband took a strong liking to him since he and Dave bonded over their engineering backgrounds. For me, it was Dave’s easy-going personality that made me feel comfortable that we were putting Dave in full control of that day. At that time, my husband and I did not discuss the entire logistics of the wedding, so it was also very reassuring that Dave already had some ideas where he could take photos since he was familiar with Normandy Farm. From that point on, we knew Dave was going to be a great fit for both of us. Any contact we had with Dave over the past year was through email, which was mainly for some contract stuff and a few other suggestions/changes we had along the way. We had spoken to Dave for the second time during the week of the wedding, which was to review the time frames and logistics of the day of the wedding. He had offered to meet up with us the next time we were going to be in the area, but we just couldn’t make the time to meet up. Wedding day: Our wedding day was the first day we officially met Dave. On that day, Dave arrived early afternoon at Normandy Farm to scope out the grounds. Afterwards, he greeted my husband first to make sure that he was ready for our First Look pictures. My bridesmaids and I arrived shortly thereafter so we just waited in the small private room by the hotel lobby. Dave then greeted us and suggested that we take some pictures with my bridesmaids, and by myself, in the room. By 2pm, Dave escorted me outside to the Silos Ballroom Garden for our First Look pictures, where my husband was waiting for me, along with his best man and my bridesmaids. We took our First Look pictures for about a half an hour. Specifically, we were very impressed that Dave was able to capture the picture of us through my engagement ring (My ring size is 3.75). The rest of the afternoon was spent with Dave taking more pictures of us, with the bridesmaids and groomsmen, and eventually with each of our families. He was extremely patient with us, and worked with us when we had some of our own ideas for photos. When it came time for the ceremony (around 5pm) and the reception (around 6:30pm), Dave was like a ninja (a description provided by our guests). You know he is there but you can’t “see” him (although the photos speak for themselves). Dave captured some great moments between the ceremony and the reception. Looking back to that day, we are very happy that we chose Dave as our wedding photographer. Our photos turned out AMAZING and we are so happy that he was able to be a part of our special day. Michelle and Jason Root

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Colleen G

Dave is the best! So easy to work with and a great photographer! He listened to exactly what we wanted and the pictures came out better than I ever imagined! Highly recommend him to everyone! Thank you, Dave!!!!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Brendan G

Dave was recommended to us by multiple couples who had amazing experiences. Our experience was beyond amazing. From the first day we met to talk about our wedding up until the actual wedding day, Dave was extremely easy to work with and great to be around for the entire wedding... Read More party. We did not have to worry about anything at all. He exceeded all of our expectations and delivered amazing pictures beyond what we could have imagined. Not only would I recommend Dave to anyone who is looking for a photographer, but I would strongly suggest to stop all other photographer-searching and book him immediately before he's no longer available. It's comforting to know that a photographer can meet and exceed all expectations of both the groom (myself) and the bride (even more important) and for that reason it goes without saying that Dave is the best photographer around and well worth the investment if you want exceptional wedding photos. Thanks for everything, Dave!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Jackie F

Dave was such a pleasure to work with! We had great communication throughout the whole planning process and was quick to respond to any questions I had for him. He works with you to make sure he meets all your photo expectations. The day of my wedding he made things super... Read More comfortable. The final product.... WOW!!! Every picture was so great and he didn't leave out a single detail! So many people have complemented the photos and have even said they were some of the best wedding pictures they had ever seen!!! I will recommend him over and over again!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Katie M

Dave is awesome! I would recommend him to anyone who needs a photographer. From our first meeting we immediately liked him, he is such an easy person to get along with. Dave is prompt with emails and always willing to help. Like many brides I had no clue what I was doing with... Read More all the planning especially when it came to the day of schedule. Dave helped me along with that and answered all other questions I had. We got a portion of our photos taken prior to the ceremony at a different location from our venue. Dave went on to the website for this location prior to our day and then was there early to scope out the land. He started taking pictures of the groom and groommans as soon as they got there. Once my girls and I arrived they were ready for us and knew the exact spots we would be going to take pictures. This was great, I never felt rushed at all that day and we ended up slightly ahead of schedule! It rained the whole day, but that didn't stop us from getting some amazing photos, Dave stood out in that rain shooting away like it was a sunny day. I asked Dave to give me one "wow" shot and he certainly gave us that! Everyone who saw this photo has raved about it and we already know we will be getting a print of it. I really can't say enough good things about Dave. To me the photographer was most important, those pictures last forever. His talent comes through and the pricing is really reasonable.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Megumi W

Dave did a beautiful job at our wedding. I called him the "wedding ninja" because he seemed to be everywhere yet I never noticed his presence. I have not received our wedding shots, but the preview shots were amazing and just absolutely what I wanted. Our engagement photos... Read More turned out wonderful as well and were used for our save the dates. I really loved that he gave me rights to the prints at a reasonable price.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Veronika K

David McShea is awesome! We took engagement pictures in Center City Philadelphia and he did a really great job in capturing our special moments. David is also very fun to work with and is the best of the best. He gets my highest recommendation any day!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Joe F

Wow! My fiance and I could not be happier with David's services! We actually found him on The Knot and did not know what to expect. Every single step of the engagement photo process was smooth and accommodating. My fiance wanted certain outfit changes: David made logistical... Read More changes to accommodate it. My fiance wanted particular shooting locations matched with certain outfits: David accommodated it. He's professional, amicable and just an easy guy to work with. Best of all, we were blown away by the work product. After posting some of our photos on Facebook, old friends from yesteryear came out of the woodwork comment on how great they were. The common refrain was "magazine worthy." We are just so happy with David's work and would absolutely recommend him to anybody!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Corinne D

We are so thrilled with Dave's work as our wedding photographer for our 8/6/16 wedding! He is organized, hard-working, and very professional. He is also very personable and we felt comfortable working with him from the very first meeting. He was very responsive to any... Read More questions we had leading up to the wedding. Despite the heat & humidity on the big day, Dave was more than happy to run around the city with us to make sure we captured the shots we wanted. We've had a few sneak peeks of photos so far and we absolutely love them! We're so glad we chose McShea Photography for our wedding, and we 100% recommend Dave to any future brides!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Julia P

Dave McShea was the perfect choice for our wedding photographer! He is such a professional on the big day. He will get beautiful photos with your bridal party (we did them all before the ceremony which was great), he will wrangle your families to get the formal photos you... Read More couldn't take before the ceremony, and he will make sure the photo schedule only eats up 20 minutes of your cocktail hour so that you can go and enjoy the party you worked so hard to plan! Best of all, he'll accomplish all of this while being totally calm and zen and very nice. I highly recommend him to any bride and groom who want someone who's low key and easy to work with. Added bonus, he traveled up to New York to do our engagement shoot!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Katie J

Dave is fantastic! From our first appointment to receiving our pictures he has been responsive, helpful and easy to work with. About a week before our wedding we talked through our ideas for first look and wedding party pictures around Headhouse Square in Philly. Dave captured... Read More our vision perfectly and took the most stunning photos we've ever seen - we continue to get so many compliments. Thank you Dave - we love our photos!!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Lauren R

Dave is AWESOME! Choosing McShea Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. He captured the day perfectly, and for that, we will be forever grateful. He is a pleasure to work with, and loves to get creative (sometimes that means being risky!!) if... Read More you're up for it! He is an extremely hard worker, and you will not be disappointed with the outcome. We are totally impressed and could not be happier with our photos. Thank you, Dave!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Tara E

Dave is great! My husband and I were very nervous about finding a photographer we would feel comfortable with (both of us don't like to be the center of attention) but when we met Dave we knew he was the right fit for us. He made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day and... Read More made sure to get all the photos we wanted. We are so happy with our photos - they turned out better than we could imagine! Would definitely recommend to all those brides-to-be who want amazing photos for a fair price!

Reviewed on 2/14/2016 Tori K

Wow, wow, wow! Where do I start? We received our wedding pictures about a month ago and I still look through them almost day because they depict the most PERFECT story of our wedding day! Dave did such an incredible job capturing both the moments I will remember vividly forever... Read More and the moments I honestly don't even recall. He was able to do this while making us feel comfortable, special, and add some good laughs in along the way. My husband and I used Dave for our engagement pictures as well as our wedding day and we feel truly lucky that he was part of our exciting journey. I knew from the first time I emailed Dave requesting information that he was our guy and then meeting in person reaffirmed how great he would be. We are forever grateful to have these incredible pictures for the rest of our lives and we send endless thanks to Dave for that!!

Best decision we could have made!

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Amanda h

Dave was recommended to us by family friends and we're they ever right! From the moment we met him, we knew we'd pick him. He did the most amazing job at capturing our day. He was friendly, fun, professional, and still knew how to have a good time. If he could handle our rowdy... Read More group, he can do anything! We love the pictures so much we are putting them up all over the house! Again, I don't know what else to say other than, he is amazing and you won't regret choosing him. Thanks again Dave!!!!

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Angela R

I had my engagement photos and wedding day photographed by Dave. I am extremely happy with how the pictures came out and how easy Dave was to work with. My husband and I did not meet with any other photographers after we met with Dave because we were extremely comfortable with... Read More him and, of course really liked his work, and thought the price was right! A coworker of mine referred us to him. Dave is very thorough and helped me prepare for the photography on the wedding day by asking questions about timing people that need to be included in the pictures and ideas as well.

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Brittany L

We knew Dave was the perfect photographer for our wedding the moment we met him. He was referred from a friend from high school due to his artistic talent and his relaxed approach to working with couples. Dave was relaxed and made us feel comfortable from our initial meeting to... Read More our big day. He always responded to emails promptly and had thoughtful suggestions on the right backdrops and poses for our engament and wedding photos. He is so talented and our friends fondly called him "the sniper" at the wedding as he was always there to capture the perfect shot but was never in the way or interrupting the flow of the day. Brian and I can't wait to see our wedding photos! Thank you Dave for capturing such a special day for us!

McShea Photography

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Moriah L

My husband and I just received our photos from our wedding day. I can not be more pleased with how they turned out. Dave was beyond professional and I just can't get over his talent. The formal photos were stunning, the candid shots are hilarious and beautiful, and he even... Read More captured parts of the day I would have never seen if not for his magic. Dave also did our engagement photos. We loved doing both sets of photos with him because we were able to meet before the big day and learn about each other's personalities. Even if we didn't do this, Dave makes getting your photo taken a relaxing and fun experience. My grandmother wasn't able to come to my wedding and I showed her the photos yesterday. She said it was like being there and seeing everything herself. I'm already asking Dave about maternity photos! His photography is beautiful!

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Kerri W

Dave is a great photographer and a really good guy. It was easy to develop a rapport with him, and he was eager to meet with us to learn more about us and to better understand what we wanted from him. He's a true professional: punctual and responsive, courteous and warm,... Read More flexible, and above all else, he takes gorgeous photos and has a great eye. He captured so many incredible moments. I highly recommend him.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

My husband and I were referred to Dave from friends who used him for their wedding a few years back. We were really excited to have him shoot our wedding based on their photos. He did not disappoint! Dave was professional and attentive. His priority all night was to make sure we... Read More got the shots we requested at the reception. Our guests still talk about how awesome our photographer was and that was before anyone saw our pictures! Dave got our photos back to us when he said he would and they were absolutely perfect. We did not have a second photographer but you wouldn't know it. It seemed Dave was everywhere at once. Our wedding photos are so special to us and we still look at them weekly. We couldn't be happier!

David McShea

A chemical engineer by trade, photography has always been a love of mine ever since I was a teenager. After 10 years of working in the chemical industry, I felt that the decision to go into photography shifted me in the right direction. I reached a point in my life where I realized it was important to follow my passion instead of the money. I think it’s not right having to pay $4,000+ for a wedding photographer just to get some decent pictures of your wedding. When I see other photographers label their pricing as "investment" it makes me laugh.