MD Music & Entertainment

Tri-State Area, Hamptons, Westchester, New Jersey

Your Night. Your Music.

This day is about you, and the music should be a reflection of your tastes, and not the DJ. There will be no DJ screaming for everyone to get on the dance floor, no need for cheesy songs. Let us customize an amazing night of music you and your guests will always remember!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

New York, NY Tri-State Area, Hamptons, Westchester, New Jersey (917) 273-4780

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Lauren P

Matty & Stephen were absolutely amazing. We could not recommend them more highly! We knew we wanted to work with Matty from our very first phone consultation. We'd talked to some other DJs who just didn't listen to us the way Matty listened. He really meant it when he said the... Read More night was about us, and he was there to make it happen. Matty & Stephen had multiple conversations with us during our engagement to make sure they really knew what we wanted the feeling to be for the day, and then worked seamlessly with our other vendors to make it happen. They handled so much of the work behind the scenes, making everything a complete breeze for us. Fast forward to the wedding and our guests are telling us that they've never danced more at a wedding. Stephen took time to check-in with us a few times during the night to make sure we were happy (we were!) and kept the night moving so smoothly. Our guests had a BLAST! and so did we. The music was such a hit that my mother-in-law texted me yesterday asking for the playlist so she can dance to it at home. Yep. It was that good. Thank you SO MUCH to Matty & Stephen. You made our wedding unforgettable.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Sarah W

I am so immensely grateful to Matty for being one of the best decisions we made during wedding planning! He was always very responsive whenever I had questions and made the whole process easy. I had very specific visions of the music for the evening and he met and exceeded every... Read More one of them. It was the most fabulous night and everyone was complimenting me on the music. Matty is truly a really nice guy who you can trust which is so important when you're planning the big day! Thank you, Matty, for everything. Best day every!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Arang K

I can't recommend DJ Matty enough! He made the entire process super easy and helped walk us through every detail, including giving us advice on the wedding program. Matty was also very accommodating and understanding; he was able to incorporate some last minute changes we wanted... Read More to make and he also made sure to play all of our requested songs, including some Korean ones! Matty's MC'ing was exactly the right amount and he made sure the ceremony and reception went perfectly. We had so much fun dancing and partying with our guests. All of our guests raved about the music and some even asked for his info for their own events! Matty is the best!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Nicole P

DJ Matty MC'ed our wedding in May 2017. He made the planning process easy and ensured that our gets stayed on the dance floor all night - which was my biggest worry going into the evening. He knew how to read the crowd, playing songs from across multiple genres and making sure... Read More to make everyone happy. We had a few planning calls, reviewed the type of music we did and did not want played, made a list of songs we'd like to hear and he took care of it from there. Seriously, Matty is great and you won't be disappointing if you use MD Music and Entertainment for your celebration.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Danielle T

Matty was the best DJ I have ever heard. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He helped to work on my timeline of the wedding and calm me down when I became anxious and excited. He met with me in person twice before the wedding to make sure we were on the same page. He also... Read More responded quickly to all emails. I have very specific requests and Matty fulfilled my wishes. My 30 year old friends as well as my grandmother both said Matty was their favorite wedding DJ. He had everyone dancing the whole night. His pricing too was more than reasonable. I would use him again in a heart beat.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Eric H

It was such a pleasure to work with Matty and Andy from MD Music and Entertainment. Matty was always quick to respond to our questions and provided great feedback and suggestions where we needed direction. Andy was our DJ for our wedding, and everything was absolutely... Read More perfect. We definitely had a wide variety of music that we wanted to be played on our wedding day and Andy created the perfect set list for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. The dance floor was full the entire night! We cannot recommend Matty and Andy highly enough!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Alexandra E

Matty so awesome about setting up for the ceremony early so we could do sound checks for our rehearsal. The ceremony itself was literally perfect sound wise which was incredible since the three musicians were all family so we really appreciated his hard work with that. The... Read More flow of the evening was great going between our first dance, the speeches, the Greek dances, and the larger dance sets. The dance floor was packed the whole night which is exactly what we wanted! We loved how he made sure to play some of our favorites but also had a really good mix of classics and popular dance songs. He had great energy throughout the evening! Also, Matty worked with my dad on a special mix for our Father- Daughter dance. I was super surprised and it was a very special moment for me. :) We can't thank Matty enough for being such an important part of our special day!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Andrew C

Groom's Perspective: For me I had three major concerns for the wedding; I wanted great a venue, great food/drinks, and a fantastic DJ. Venue is easy because you can walk in and check it out. Food and drinks are easy because you can taste test them. But how do you know if... Read More you're getting a good DJ? A DJ is more than just a human playlist. A DJ has to feel the room and see what the crowd is reacting to, balancing what the bride and groom requested with what is best for the moment. MD Music went above and beyond in every aspect I could have hoped for and the party was a blast. The Process: My biggest worry was that no one would dance and everyone would just be moping at the sides. My family is particularly stiff and hard to get dancing, my wife’s side (she is a bit younger) had a lot of recent college grads (21 - 23 year olds). So lots of different people to please. My wife and I wanted more of a modern playlist and no classic wedding songs (no cha-cha slide, cotton eye joe, etc). MD Music has different DJ’s for different types of taste in Music; we got DJ Nestor who specialized in this type of genre. We expressed our general taste in music but stressed that we were flexible and wanted Nestor to play whatever he felt was right. He asked us to each create playlists with our general taste in music. My specific tastes vary widely from Bill Withers, to Big Sean, and indie bands like Mutemath. The Outcome: I wish Nestor recorded the mix he played at the wedding because I would listen to it daily. He seamlessly blended my favorite songs (that weren’t dance songs) with dance rhythms. I couldn’t help but stop for a second in awe and say to my wife “can you believe this?”. Every song that dropped had the crowd cheering. The true mastery was that he didn’t try to just pump energy into the room at every song; we did a cocktail style wedding so there was no formal sit down portion of the night. That means sometimes the party needed a break. When Nestor felt this, he slowed the party down a little bit and cranked it back up when the timing was right. Absolutely perfect. My friends tell me, I had one of the best wedding they’ve ever been to. Would hire again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Chrissy B

Matty was THE BEST wedding DJ my husband and I could have asked for. He took the time to meet with us about a month prior to the wedding to develop a plan for how our night would flow. We wanted a non-stop dance party and that was exactly what we got! In fact- I have never seen... Read More more dancing at a wedding and it is thanks to the awesome set he put together and his suggestions for how to structure the night. Matty has an online system that allows you to choose songs from different genres/decades and indicate when you would like them played. He listened to all of our requests and put together an amazing set list. He He brought a level of professionalism and fun to our wedding that exceeded our expectations and I would 100% recommend booking him!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Artem P

DJ Matty was absolutely incredible playing music at our wedding on 8/4/17. From the beginning of process in selecting music to playing on the big day, DJ Matty was very professional and helpful. He incorporated all of our songs in an amazing set. In addition, he made suggestions... Read More for music selection, which were nice touches. We had guests coming from around the world and everyone has enjoyed the music. We would like to thank DJ Matty for helping to make our special day unforgettable! DJ Matty is the best! We highly recommend DJ Matty.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Pete C

DJ Matty was the most unbelievable DJ that we could have asked for. He was extremely professional from the get-go, and was so amazingly accommodating. He took every one of our requests, and incorporated them in to the most amazing set. Every single one of our guests was dancing... Read More the entire night, and raved about how well he mixed up the music. We had people saying they wish they knew him when they got married. We can not say enough about how great Matty is, and if you are getting married, you HAVE to have Matty as your DJ.

2017-07-03T18:25:10 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for those kind words. I had such a great time this past weekend. It was a pleasure to DJ for you and your friends and family and see everyone sweating and dancing!! Have a great honeymoon!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Courtney M

DJ Matty was absolutely excellent to work with, we cannot recommend him enough! My husband and I were impressed with Matty from the very beginning, he was incredibly responsive and accommodating starting with our initial outreach over email. Matty listened carefully to our... Read More requests and also provided helpful insight when we were unsure of what to do. DJ Matty kept the entire crowd at our wedding dancing from start to finish. We had countless guests compliment us on our music and DJ selection! DJ Matty is simply the best!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Maureen M

Matty and Andy were great! Andy was the DJ at my wedding and we were so happy! Their prices are completely reasonable and they really do make a huge effort to tailor the music to your style. I loved how they are so low-key and not cheesy DJs at all!! I recommend them highly!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Kelsey A

Matty was a huge contributor to the success and fun of our wedding. My wife and I were extremely particular about the type of music played and had a huge list of specific songs we wanted to hear. Matty delivered on everything we asked for and filled in the gaps with his own... Read More suggestions which he knew we would love. What's great about Matty is how accommodating he is to your needs. We had booked Matty as a DJ early on and later had decided to book an outside band to play as well. We contacted Matty and he was more than happy and even enthusiastic about working with the band. He took care of and coordinated everything to make an amazing musical experience for the night. The DJ sets and the band sets were seemlessly transitioned from one to another. Besides being accommodating, professional, and great at what he does, he's also genuinely a really nice guy and so easy to work with. He went above and beyond to try to make the night special for us and we can't thank him enough.

2017-05-28T21:28:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. I had a great time working with you both (and the band, who rocked!!). It was such a blast!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Amy P

We are overjoyed with how perfect our wedding night was and a HUGE reason it went so seamlessly and was so incredibly fun was because of Matty. We are beyond impressed with his professionalism and talent! Matty's timing and choice of songs could not have been any better! Our... Read More guests keep complementing how wonderful Matty was and we could not agree more!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Katharine O

Matty made our wedding such a wonderful time. He met with us and really took time to understand our musical preferences and the flow of the event. He had a great attention to detail and emceed beautifully. Matty is not only talented and professional, but kind as well. One member... Read More of our bridal party was nervous about their speech and Matty put them completely at ease. Everything flowed so smoothly. And the vibe was just what we were looking for. We can't recommend him highly enough.

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Kate H

Matty was incredibly detail oriented and took the time to get to know both us as a couple and what we were looking for from our music selection. We both appreciated that Matty was able to "tell a story" through the music selections and took great care to create the atmosphere... Read More we were looking for. Great mixing, great song selection - took our list and ran with it. Also did a great job of keeping or timeline on track and working with the venue to make sure everything was executed perfectly. We used him for both ceremony music as well as the reception. Matty was also great about finding specific pieces we wanted and worked with us to cut down and mix the first dance song perfectly.

2017-03-04T23:07:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a fun night. And what an awesome space!!! I wish you the very very best.

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Kate M

Our guests are still emailing us for a copy of the wedding playlist! Matty is an exceptional DJ and was a professional partner to work with for our wedding, on December 30. Matty and a 3-piece latin band that he brought with him performed at our wedding, and it was perfect.... Read More Matty is super responsive, organized and I never worried about how the music was going to work out. He took the time to learn about my husband and I, our likes and dislikes, and also got to know our variety of guests. With this information, he curated an amazing music experience and helped MC the night, keeping things on schedule, while also maintaining a natural flow of events throughout the evening. I HIGHLY recommend Matty, and if I'm ever crazy enough to plan another event, like a wedding, he will be my first call :)

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Jennifer E

Of all of the vendors we hired for our wedding, MD Music was the one in which we had the most confidence!!!! We are so thrilled that we hired MD Music & Entertainment. Matty and Stephen were amazing! We were very specific with the requests we had from our ceremony, to cocktail... Read More hour, to the reception. We love that we were able to use MD Music for our instrumental for our ceremony. It was absolutely beautiful and people are asking us for the names of the musicians to that they can hire them for future events! We hired a live drummer and saxophone to play along the DJ during the reception and it was UNBELIEVABLE! The sound and beat was incredible!!! We also hired their photo booth services and we were able to customize every single detail! The lighting we used was so pretty and made the room really stand out. Matty and Stephen were extremely professional and accommodating. Stephen was on point! He was so helpful and had the dance floor packed all night! Everyone was dancing and having a great time throughout the reception. We were very specific about the way we wanted our introduction to be, and Stephen did a great job! These guys provided my husband and I with many resources prior to the event so we can plan out the songs we wanted. They answered any questions we had! Awesome job and cannot thank you enough!! Trust me when I say that I am very particular about how I want things done, and these guys made it all happen to perfection!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Ashley G

Matty was great a recommended the PERFECT DJ for our wedding. Stephen was professional, so helpful, and played the best music that was exactly what we wanted. Our friends and family are still talking about how incredible the music was. I had never seen my in-laws dance before... Read More and they were cutting a rug the whole night! I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for easy-going, friendly, and experienced DJ's. Thank you so much to MD Music & Entertainment for making our wedding that much more perfect!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Gina F

Matty was such a pivotal part of our wedding...he kept the party going the entire night and there wasn't a dull moment on the dance floor. He took a very personal approach from the start by meeting with us twice to make sure everything went the way we wanted it to. He has an... Read More extensive checklist of songs to choose from and took into account our favorite artists and songs to craft a playlist for our wedding night that flowed beautifully. He was nothing but professional and it felt like having a friend in charge of running the show for us.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Mandy M

DJ Matty Stuart was the most memorable part of our wedding this past August at The Roundhouse in Beacon New York. Not only did he have a vast and detailed music selection that we could choose from online on our own time, he also made time for two in person meetings. He has a... Read More great knowledge of music and more importantly a great talent for reading a room. Our party never stopped! Our event flowed smoothly the entire night. When we had to make time for speeches and announcements he easily captured the attention of the room, and just as quickly got everyone back on their feet as though the music never stopped. MD Music and Entertainment rocks and we could not recommend him more!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 chrystal c

Matty is the absolute BEST!!!! The music he put together flowed really well and every song he played was perfect for that time of the party. We received a lot of compliments about the wedding but the one we heard far more than the rest was that our dj was amazing and how much... Read More fun they had because of how good the music was. I highly recommend MD Music for any event!

2016-10-09T20:27:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! I think we really "rocked the boat" on Friday night! I wish you the very best.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Mica I

Matty is a superstar! I can’t imagine picking a better DJ for our Labor Day Weekend wedding. From beginning to end, planning with Matty was a breeze. My husband and I were so impressed by his attention to detail and his all-encompassing online questionnaire. Matty makes a point... Read More to know the ins and outs of your musical taste and DJs accordingly (and with flawless transitions, I might add). We were also thrilled to have gotten Matty’s perspective on the flow and structure of the ceremony/reception - which was invaluable, as neither my husband nor I knew what we were doing! Matty is terrific at gauging a crowd and playing the right song at the right time, and is also not above a little goofiness: at one point, he let me abscond with a microphone for some impromptu karaoke. Other reviewers have said it, but: Look no further - Matty is your guy. He’ll go above and beyond to make your wedding (or other event!) one for the books. You’ll be glad you picked him.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Ray N

My wedding was a month ago and my friends and family are still bringing up how AMAZING the music was. It was perfect, and so many different types of people - who don't even like the same music- just all loved it! It really made us and our guests have a truly fantastic time. He... Read More understood what we wanted, had a good feeling for when to play which songs/ for how long.. he felt the crowed and made sure everyone was having a good time! He even was great with some last minute requests/changes. They are really easy to talk to and very responsive. They always have time to talk to you about your preferences and makes sure they understands what you want. I found this company because Matty was the dj for my best friends wedding- I loved it so much I asked for him for my wedding, but he was already booked! So, we used his colleague - Andy - and were still unbelievable impressed! It just couldn't be better.

Matty D. Stuart

Matty D. Stuart is the owner and principal DJ of MD Music and Entertainment. He has mixed music for hundreds of events in New York City, as well as throughout the tri-state (NY, NJ and CT) area, the Hamptons, Atlantic City, Westchester County, and as far away as Osaka, Japan. He has an unmatched knowledge of music. This knowledge, along with his huge and varied music library, turns every wedding into an unforgettable experience for guest and client alike.