MD Music & Entertainment

Tri-State Area, Hamptons, Westchester, New Jersey

Your Night. Your Music.

This day is about you, and the music should be a reflection of your tastes, and not the DJ. There will be no DJ screaming for everyone to get on the dance floor, no need for cheesy songs. Let us customize an amazing night of music you and your guests will always remember!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

New York, NY Tri-State Area, Hamptons, Westchester, New Jersey (917) 273-4780

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Courtney M

DJ Matty was absolutely excellent to work with, we cannot recommend him enough! My husband and I were impressed with Matty from the very beginning, he was incredibly responsive and accommodating starting with our initial outreach over email. Matty listened carefully to our... Read More requests and also provided helpful insight when we were unsure of what to do. DJ Matty kept the entire crowd at our wedding dancing from start to finish. We had countless guests compliment us on our music and DJ selection! DJ Matty is simply the best!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Maureen M

Matty and Andy were great! Andy was the DJ at my wedding and we were so happy! Their prices are completely reasonable and they really do make a huge effort to tailor the music to your style. I loved how they are so low-key and not cheesy DJs at all!! I recommend them highly!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Kelsey A

Matty was a huge contributor to the success and fun of our wedding. My wife and I were extremely particular about the type of music played and had a huge list of specific songs we wanted to hear. Matty delivered on everything we asked for and filled in the gaps with his own... Read More suggestions which he knew we would love. What's great about Matty is how accommodating he is to your needs. We had booked Matty as a DJ early on and later had decided to book an outside band to play as well. We contacted Matty and he was more than happy and even enthusiastic about working with the band. He took care of and coordinated everything to make an amazing musical experience for the night. The DJ sets and the band sets were seemlessly transitioned from one to another. Besides being accommodating, professional, and great at what he does, he's also genuinely a really nice guy and so easy to work with. He went above and beyond to try to make the night special for us and we can't thank him enough.

2017-05-28T21:28:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. I had a great time working with you both (and the band, who rocked!!). It was such a blast!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Amy P

We are overjoyed with how perfect our wedding night was and a HUGE reason it went so seamlessly and was so incredibly fun was because of Matty. We are beyond impressed with his professionalism and talent! Matty's timing and choice of songs could not have been any better! Our... Read More guests keep complementing how wonderful Matty was and we could not agree more!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Katharine O

Matty made our wedding such a wonderful time. He met with us and really took time to understand our musical preferences and the flow of the event. He had a great attention to detail and emceed beautifully. Matty is not only talented and professional, but kind as well. One member... Read More of our bridal party was nervous about their speech and Matty put them completely at ease. Everything flowed so smoothly. And the vibe was just what we were looking for. We can't recommend him highly enough.

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Kate H

Matty was incredibly detail oriented and took the time to get to know both us as a couple and what we were looking for from our music selection. We both appreciated that Matty was able to "tell a story" through the music selections and took great care to create the atmosphere... Read More we were looking for. Great mixing, great song selection - took our list and ran with it. Also did a great job of keeping or timeline on track and working with the venue to make sure everything was executed perfectly. We used him for both ceremony music as well as the reception. Matty was also great about finding specific pieces we wanted and worked with us to cut down and mix the first dance song perfectly.

2017-03-04T23:07:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a fun night. And what an awesome space!!! I wish you the very very best.

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Kate M

Our guests are still emailing us for a copy of the wedding playlist! Matty is an exceptional DJ and was a professional partner to work with for our wedding, on December 30. Matty and a 3-piece latin band that he brought with him performed at our wedding, and it was perfect.... Read More Matty is super responsive, organized and I never worried about how the music was going to work out. He took the time to learn about my husband and I, our likes and dislikes, and also got to know our variety of guests. With this information, he curated an amazing music experience and helped MC the night, keeping things on schedule, while also maintaining a natural flow of events throughout the evening. I HIGHLY recommend Matty, and if I'm ever crazy enough to plan another event, like a wedding, he will be my first call :)

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Jennifer E

Of all of the vendors we hired for our wedding, MD Music was the one in which we had the most confidence!!!! We are so thrilled that we hired MD Music & Entertainment. Matty and Stephen were amazing! We were very specific with the requests we had from our ceremony, to cocktail... Read More hour, to the reception. We love that we were able to use MD Music for our instrumental for our ceremony. It was absolutely beautiful and people are asking us for the names of the musicians to that they can hire them for future events! We hired a live drummer and saxophone to play along the DJ during the reception and it was UNBELIEVABLE! The sound and beat was incredible!!! We also hired their photo booth services and we were able to customize every single detail! The lighting we used was so pretty and made the room really stand out. Matty and Stephen were extremely professional and accommodating. Stephen was on point! He was so helpful and had the dance floor packed all night! Everyone was dancing and having a great time throughout the reception. We were very specific about the way we wanted our introduction to be, and Stephen did a great job! These guys provided my husband and I with many resources prior to the event so we can plan out the songs we wanted. They answered any questions we had! Awesome job and cannot thank you enough!! Trust me when I say that I am very particular about how I want things done, and these guys made it all happen to perfection!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Ashley G

Matty was great a recommended the PERFECT DJ for our wedding. Stephen was professional, so helpful, and played the best music that was exactly what we wanted. Our friends and family are still talking about how incredible the music was. I had never seen my in-laws dance before... Read More and they were cutting a rug the whole night! I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for easy-going, friendly, and experienced DJ's. Thank you so much to MD Music & Entertainment for making our wedding that much more perfect!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Gina F

Matty was such a pivotal part of our wedding...he kept the party going the entire night and there wasn't a dull moment on the dance floor. He took a very personal approach from the start by meeting with us twice to make sure everything went the way we wanted it to. He has an... Read More extensive checklist of songs to choose from and took into account our favorite artists and songs to craft a playlist for our wedding night that flowed beautifully. He was nothing but professional and it felt like having a friend in charge of running the show for us.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Mandy M

DJ Matty Stuart was the most memorable part of our wedding this past August at The Roundhouse in Beacon New York. Not only did he have a vast and detailed music selection that we could choose from online on our own time, he also made time for two in person meetings. He has a... Read More great knowledge of music and more importantly a great talent for reading a room. Our party never stopped! Our event flowed smoothly the entire night. When we had to make time for speeches and announcements he easily captured the attention of the room, and just as quickly got everyone back on their feet as though the music never stopped. MD Music and Entertainment rocks and we could not recommend him more!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 chrystal c

Matty is the absolute BEST!!!! The music he put together flowed really well and every song he played was perfect for that time of the party. We received a lot of compliments about the wedding but the one we heard far more than the rest was that our dj was amazing and how much... Read More fun they had because of how good the music was. I highly recommend MD Music for any event!

2016-10-09T20:27:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! I think we really "rocked the boat" on Friday night! I wish you the very best.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Mica I

Matty is a superstar! I can’t imagine picking a better DJ for our Labor Day Weekend wedding. From beginning to end, planning with Matty was a breeze. My husband and I were so impressed by his attention to detail and his all-encompassing online questionnaire. Matty makes a point... Read More to know the ins and outs of your musical taste and DJs accordingly (and with flawless transitions, I might add). We were also thrilled to have gotten Matty’s perspective on the flow and structure of the ceremony/reception - which was invaluable, as neither my husband nor I knew what we were doing! Matty is terrific at gauging a crowd and playing the right song at the right time, and is also not above a little goofiness: at one point, he let me abscond with a microphone for some impromptu karaoke. Other reviewers have said it, but: Look no further - Matty is your guy. He’ll go above and beyond to make your wedding (or other event!) one for the books. You’ll be glad you picked him.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Ray N

My wedding was a month ago and my friends and family are still bringing up how AMAZING the music was. It was perfect, and so many different types of people - who don't even like the same music- just all loved it! It really made us and our guests have a truly fantastic time. He... Read More understood what we wanted, had a good feeling for when to play which songs/ for how long.. he felt the crowed and made sure everyone was having a good time! He even was great with some last minute requests/changes. They are really easy to talk to and very responsive. They always have time to talk to you about your preferences and makes sure they understands what you want. I found this company because Matty was the dj for my best friends wedding- I loved it so much I asked for him for my wedding, but he was already booked! So, we used his colleague - Andy - and were still unbelievable impressed! It just couldn't be better.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Coco C

We just got married this past weekend, and working with Matty was one of the easiest and best decisions we made! He was so responsive from the start and worked with us closely to understand exactly what we were looking for and perfect our perfect night, and is a super great... Read More guy! Two of the musicians he works with played live for our ceremony and were incredible, able to learn the exact songs we requested. Matty then rocked the entire reception- I, the bride, did not leave the dance floor for most of the night. Everyone said it was one of the best parties they had ever been to and the dance floor was perpetually packed. Everyone complemented the awesome music. He helped make it the best day of our lives- truly professional and truly awesome!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 DeAndra P

Matty D is wonderful!! After we interviewed with him, we knew that he was the right fit for us. And we were right! He was very personable and friendly throughout the whole process and answered all e-mails promptly. He even sent us some of his old mixes so that we could get a... Read More better idea of his work. Once closer to the wedding date, he sent us a very detailed questionnaire to fill out and also met with us to create a timeline. These steps were all taken to ensure our special day was exactly how we wanted it. The day of our wedding, we were very impressed! The music was fantastic (just as we planned) and our guests were dancing all night! We ordered a photo booth from Matty as well. We couldn’t believe how beautiful the pictures were!! Overall, we couldn’t be happier with everything!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Our experience with MD Music & Entertainment, and with Matty and Andy specifically, was truly top notch. From the beginning, they both were professional, responsive, willing to meet us when and where we wanted, and helped us make our wedding day exactly as we planned. We had a... Read More small wedding on a yacht in NYC harbor with only 30 guests. My wife is from France and we decided to have a small wedding here on July 3rd followed by a celebration in France in August. Dealing with Matty from the start was very easy and convenient. The business side was smooth and Matty was very responsive. Leading up to the wedding, we were comforted by Andy (he was our DJ for the night) especially when he agreed to meet us to get an idea of who we were and what we expected on our wedding night. The meeting was easy and the follow up meeting right before the wedding really made us feel like Matty and Andy were interested in making our night a special one. And because of the meetings and the questionnaire they requested, our wedding was a blast! The night started out beautifully with Matty's piano player Brian playing songs that we had requested, many of them were French songs that are not typically played for wedding ceremonies, and Brian was amazing. He played while our guests boarded the yacht, leading up to our ceremony, and during our cocktail hour. As someone that has always admired the ability to play the piano well, Brian made it look effortless and we want to be sure to give him a big thanks. Our guests thought he was great and we did too! My wife and I danced the entire night as did our guests (since we were on a yacht during a gorgeous night in NYC, some of the surrounding sights were reason enough to take a break from time to time), and we were really happy with the music and Andy's professionalism. We customized our music using some pieces of songs and Andy nailed it. There is not much more to say other than we absolutely endorse these guys. They are professional and a true pleasure to work with, and they did not let us down. We will remember our wedding day for years to come and are happy that Andy played a major part in our first official night as newlyweds! Thanks again Matty, Andy and Brian. From Patrick & Emilie - married on July 3rd, 2016

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Lilly M

Matty made our wedding unreal. He had people dancing the entire night. So many of our guests came up to us and said how awesome he was. Aside from the music, Matty kept the flow of the night going perfectly. We truly cannot say enough amazing things about him. From the moment we... Read More started planning with him, he was thoughtful, communicative, excited, curious, and so organized. Matty has an amazing survey that allowed us to hand select out of thousands of songs from different decades - we didn't even know that was possible! He worked with our Klezmer band to coordinate the sound and logistics - we didn't have to worry about it at all. Matty also hooked us up with some awesome uplighting to light up the space beautifully. We highly highly recommend Matty - he's just a cool guy with an awesome talent. I'd happily listen to the Spotify channel/playlist of our wedding for days on end (for real Matty, is that possible??)

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Emily M

Matty was incredible!!!! Our wedding guests were thrilled with the music throughout the evening including dinner tunes and dancing jams. He catered to our likes and even took requests from our guests. Ryan and I were able to Skype with Matty a few times before our big day, and... Read More he even met up with us for coffee when we went to NYC to visit our reception venue. He was willing to work with the limited space on the yacht where our reception was held, and he insisted that we not pay full price for his services because he was unable to bring all of his equipment on board. We were so fortunate to be able to work with Matty, and we highly recommend that anyone within his area strongly consider him for your event...you will not be disappointed!!! Thanks for an unforgettable experience and an amazing wedding reception, Matty! Emily and Ryan (from Tennessee)

2016-06-14T20:03:11 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure! Looking out on all the sights of NYC while DJing were some of the best views I've had from my booth in a long time.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Sammy L

Matty MADE our wedding! He has such a good sense of how to curate the evening - picking alll the right jams for the dance floor but also knowing when you need a slower song to catch your breath. He's also just an all-around wedding expert. He helped us figure out the flow of the... Read More whole event and had great ideas to keep our guests happy (he suggested a mini dance party between our first dance and dinner - amazing! Everyone was on the floor and had so much energy, and Matty picked timeless hits that guests of all ages could sing along to.) Matty was also so easy to work with - always quick to respond and offer up ideas, and super friendly. We spontaneously added an extra hour at the end of the night because we just weren't ready for the party to stop, and I have to say it was my favorite part of the wedding. All our friends were on the floor dancing, singing, hugging, and he pulled out all the stops for that last hour. We had multiple guests tell us this was their favorite DJ ever. There's a lot to stress about with wedding planning, but Matty really made things as easy as possible. We couldn't have had a better experience working with him.

2016-06-12T13:54:56 Response from the vendor

That last hour was pretty rocking! So glad to be a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Rebecca T

Matty was amazing! He is so flexible and on his toes; when we were running 45 minutes late from our ceremony, he kept a cool head and made a new plan on the spot. He met with us a few times, discussed our musical tastes, chose songs/genres wanted, and he mapped out a perfect... Read More evening where everyone had a fabulous time and nobody sat down! He knew exactly what to play and when, and got everyone of all ages up and on the dance floor. He was so pleasant and attentive throughout the entire planning process, and such a pleasure to work with. He likes his work and what he does, and he truly wants everyone to enjoy themselves. We had multiple guests come to us to tell us how amazing he was and that they had a blast! We could not recommend anyone more! Thank you so much, Matt!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

Look no further - this is your guy. I knew from the first email exchange that Matty would be wonderful to work with and after our first meeting I realized how lucky we were to have found him. He exceeded our expectations on all levels. Professional yet personable, you feel... Read More like you are working with a good friend that wants to take care of you. He offered suggestions where needed but didn't push. He totally understood the vibe we wanted: a night where our multi-generational guest list would be on the dance floor for hours because the music was so good. Our guests would NOT STOP dancing. Many approached me that night telling me how amazing our DJ was and I continued to receive positive feedback after the wedding. I highly recommend Matty Stuart - you will not be disappointed.

2016-06-12T13:55:34 Response from the vendor

Your friends and family can DANCE. That was such a fun night!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Katie D

I could not recommend Matty highly enough. He is based in New York City, but he traveled to our venue in New Jersey for the wedding. He is professional, organized, charming, and talented. He walked us through the planning process, and even pointed out a couple potential snags in... Read More our timeline. He customized our favorite songs for entrances, dances, cake-cutting, you name it! He made sure we knew how everything was going on the day-of, kept us on track, and helped guide the quiet moments. He read the crowd and kept the music in tune with the vibe. For our particular wedding, it’s an older, more hipster crowd. There was a lot of cool rock songs for cocktail hour, Mowtown to get the crowd going, classic pop and love songs to get everyone on the dance floor, and the hip hop came out towards the end when Nonna decided to put on sunglasses and vogue. The only complaint I have about Matty Stuart’s Dj-ing was that literally every song was MY JAM! Sometimes a girl needs a minute to rest! I could barely stay off the dancefloor! I had so much fun at my wedding! Literally everyone danced and sang and had a great time. All Night. Long. This guy is a guru. You are safe in his hands. One less thing to stress over. And he is worth EVERY PENNY.

2016-05-13T14:43:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you! What sweet words. It was really MY pleasure. All the best to you!!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Natalie A

We were just married and could have been more pleased with Matty and Nestor! From the beginning, they were professional and truly listened to our wishes. The online survey ahead of time was a great way for them to get to know our musical taste and interests. Matty was always... Read More available and prompt in communicating with us. We enjoyed the in person meeting with Matty and Nestor prior to our wedding day to review the flow of the evening. Nestor did exactly what he said he would do and pulled it off without a hitch! Many guests have said that they have never been to a wedding where everyone was out of their seats all night dancing! We highly recommend Matty and Nestor, as they helped make our dreams come true!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Ida B

Simply put, our DJ was the highlight of the wedding. The most compliments we've received since have been how amazing our DJ, Stephen, was. Matty and Stephen promised to turn our wedding into a giant dance party, and that's exactly what they did. We could not have been happier... Read More with the outcome - and we're very thankful that they were a part of our wedding.

Matty D. Stuart

Matty D. Stuart is the owner and principal DJ of MD Music and Entertainment. He has mixed music for hundreds of events in New York City, as well as throughout the tri-state (NY, NJ and CT) area, the Hamptons, Atlantic City, Westchester County, and as far away as Osaka, Japan. He has an unmatched knowledge of music. This knowledge, along with his huge and varied music library, turns every wedding into an unforgettable experience for guest and client alike.