655 Mendon Road, Serving RI and MA (401) 368-0187

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Sherry M

Mel was absolutely wonderful to work with during our wedding this past July! She was always so calm, positive, and joyful during our planning and especially on our wedding day! Mel arrived on time with her second shooter and they immediately got to work capturing the day! Both... Read More she and her second shooter were never intrusive, but were always there capturing beautiful moments that I didn't even remember happening! We just received our photographs today and they are absolutely STUNNING!Her work honestly does speak for itself! I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to work with Mel during our wedding. She's incredible at her job and truly loves her clients. I would highly recommend her to capture any of your life's precious moments!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Jazmynn O

Mel is amazing! She was super personable at our initial meetings. As for the wedding day itself, she just gets it -- she can tailor her approach on the wedding day to what the wedding party needs. The course of the evening went slightly differently than planned in terms of... Read More timing (it really does fly by!) but she remained flexible and made sure we had all of the pictures we needed. Mel was a nice calming presence and made us feel like a million bucks. According to our sneak preview pictures, she also made us LOOK like a million bucks! Would recommend her to anyone!! It was also nice that she had an assistant photographer to make sure to capture all the shots that she needed.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Missy M

I wish I could give this more stars because Mel is beyond incredible!! She was wonderful for our engagement shoot and made us feel so comfortable and on the actual wedding day, she was more than we ever could have hoped for! She took every single shot we asked and even snuck... Read More some fun night time shots in. She has a hilarious sense of humor and handled both of our crazy families with ease. If you're searching for a genuine, hard working, stealthy/ninja like photographer, Mel is your girl!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Michelle B

Mel is amazing, she was so fun yet professional, she made my day stress free, she had a list of the pictures I wanted so when the day came there was no scrambling. My Husband and I were so comfortable with Mel and her assistant , we had so much fun!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Meagan S

I could not have been happier with Mel, she was professional, fun, and really accommodating. She handled my kids like a pro, and they loves her too. Our photos are stunning.

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Nicole L

I can't believe I haven't wrote a review yet! Where to begin with Mel? Honestly, she is one of the most fun people I have ever had the opportunity to work with and she truly makes you feel so comfortable. I met her at a small bridal expo a little over a year ago now, and knew... Read More from that point she was the girl who would shoot my wedding. My fiancé and I set an appointment with her pretty quickly after that and we started making some magic happen. We have since shot our engagement photos with her (it was me and my fiancé's first time getting professional photos done) and it was a great experience! Although it can be awkward to stare and your significant other for long periods of time without laughing, Mel made it so painless and enjoyable. Her work speaks for itself but if you want a photographer who not only does great work but is also a blast to be around, Mel is your gal! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Anna T

As soon as we got engaged, after booking our venue my next call was to Mel. I knew I wanted her as our wedding photographer. I’ve known Mel since grade school and had been following her work and she is fabulous! She was willing to travel for our wedding and was completely... Read More prepared for everything. Mel and her assistant, Sara, were so helpful and patient and really helped the day run smoothly. When I got the email that my photos were ready I could not believe how quickly they were finished! All of the photos are so beautiful, Mel truly does amazing work!! I cannot say enough good things about Mel, I highly recommend working with her!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Miranda M

Mel Colvin Photography is absolutely AWESOME! I highly highly recommend Mel as an engagement photographer, which is what me and my fiancé hired her for. She's also going to be doing our wedding, although that's not until next year. After our original photographer fell... Read More through, Mel responded to my "emergency" text within seconds and was very excited about filling in. I loved the look of the photos on her website and decided to take a chance on her...something I definitely don't regret! She was friendly, bubbly, and just such a joy to spend time with. We had tons of laughs, and she spent over 2 hours with us taking photos. She was game for anything and had lots of good poses for us that helped us look nice even though we're both overweight. I had a blast at the shoot and loved that she was able to post a sneak peek of the edited photos on Facebook the next day! Her pricing is extremely fair, especially considering her impeccable quality and professional personality, and it was an easy decision to re-hire Mel for our wedding as well. I have been extremely satisfied with the results of our engagement photoshoot and can't wait to work with her again. So far, she has been extremely helpful and engaged, spending lots of time doing research for our shoot and even helping me find a videographer for my wedding. I could not recommend her services more highly!

Perfect October wedding.

Reviewed on 1/16/2015

My husband and I got married at harbor lights in warwick on 10.19.14. It was a perfect day. We had Mel as our photographer and she was great. My husband was the one who found Mel. She went into my husbands work and he came home with her business card and said "I met a... Read More photographer today" maybe we should give her a call. I checked out her website and instantly was hooked and down for a meeting. My favorite thing was she just seemed normal, like someone I could hang out with, not stuffy or boring and I instantly was at ease. Then we met and knew immediately that this was the exact person we were looking for!!! One thing I was very adamant about was having an awesome photographer because the pictures last forever. Not only was she very fun and happy but her pricing was very fair. We just got out pictures back and they are beautiful. Mel was very easy to work with and had some great ideas for pictures plus she was open to what I wanted for picture ideas. I was worried about finding a photographer that my husband and I "meshed well" with and we got that with Mel and her assistant. Overall I could not have asked for a better photographer to capture my perfect day. She got all of the getting ready shots, the flowers, jewelry, shoes everything. She also took tons of the ceremony, pictures with my husband and our puppy :) (she likes dogs and that's 100% good in my book) a lot of outside pics of the families, tons of shots inside and beautiful pics at perfect angles of my husband and I. I cannot wait to book again with Mel for my maternity shoot and then family photos.

Amazing Engagement Session!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Mandi R

My fiance and I won a free engagement shoot with Mel Colvin Photography at a wedding expo we attended over the summer. We didn't know what to expect going into the shoot but came away being so impressed by Mel. Mel was so accommodating from the very start, from recommending the... Read More time of year to get the best foliage pictures to dealing with my indecisiveness when I changed dates and locations. She went above and beyond for us and wasn't even getting paid! My fiance and I aren't very comfortable in front of the camera but Mel made us feel very relaxed and at ease. The teasers we received that night were so gorgeous, we couldn't wait to see the rest. Her turn around time was so quick and we were not disappointed! It was so hard to pick a favorite because all of the pictures came out so beautiful! We used a couple of the photos for our 2014 Christmas card and I have received so many compliments on the beautiful pictures. I highly recommend Mel Colvin Photography for any big life event you'd like photographed. She is a true talent!

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Jessica C

Mel did my husband and I's engagement photos for us for our wedding. She was willing to meet us anywhere we chose and actually gave us suggestions since we live in Louisiana. She is very friendly and compassionate when it comes to her work. She is willing to take any shot that... Read More you want and will give suggestions for poses. For our wedding, I was running a little late from my hair appointment and she was more than patient and actually got some pictures done of my dress and accessories while she was waiting and met me at my hotel, and then met my bridesmaids at Slater park to take pictures at the gazebo. Even tho we were running a little behind she never rushed us and took some amazing shots and some fun ones. Her assistant was with my husband and groomsmen and were taking pictures of them. They did a superhero picture that was hilarious. We also had a Photo Booth and Mel and the people she worked with were amazing! My guests had an absolute blast with it and there was always someone taking a picture until the very end of the night. Mel truly captured a very special day for us with her creativity and understanding. You will never be rushed and she will always take any picture you would like, which for us was quite a few! Anytime we are in Rhode Island and need photos taken, we will definitely be contacting Mel!

Mel Colvin

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

Mel did an amazing job. Very professional and beautiful pictures that will remind me of my beautiful bride. She got many pictures of friends and family who helped celebrate our special day. Mel is experienced and goes above and beyond to make sure your day will captured forever... Read More in pictures. I highly recommend her.

Natural, Beautiful Photos

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

We did not want staged photos for our wedding. We wanted to capture all the moments as they really happened. We did take some posed pictures, but for the most part Mel took beautiful, natural pictures of the ceremony and reception. We were so pleased with the results. Mel... Read More gave us photos that truly represented who we are and what our special day meant to us. She was so easy to work with and really listened to what we wanted.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Jillian P

Mel and her staff were absolutely amazing. My entire wedding party was very pleased but also had a lot of fun. Every picture that I wanted she was able to capture. Mel went above and beyond when it came to looking for a place to take pictures. At the last minute I was told I... Read More could only take pictures in certain places at the reception area. Mel personally went down not only to scope out "the certain" areas but personally went to Goddard Park to look for a new place and to look at scenery. I was not able to go with Her but when I asked her if she could go she did not hesitate. Mel found beautiful areas inside the park. I truly respect and admire her for going out of her way to make me happy. Mel and her staff also did a photobooth at my wedding. I think this was the first time I actually seen a photobooth non-stop. The photobooth got a little crazy( was near the bar)at the end because everyone wanted pictures. Mels staff has patience with every person and made sure everyone got a picture. Thank you so much for everything you did. I am forever grateful and I am happy you were part of my day that I will always remember.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

I loved working with Mel Colvin Photography. Mel was patient and accommodating throughout the planning process and the day of the wedding. Mel made us feel comfortable the day of, which made our wedding that much more enjoyable, and it shows in our photos. We've received our... Read More sneak peek already and the photos are absolutely beautiful. She achieved exactly what we were envisioning and we can't wait to see more.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

Mel Colvin is not just great at photographing weddings but is very flexible and caters to her bride's every request. Personally, I am not one to enjoy having my picture taken or being the center of attention but Mel made me very comfortable and our pictures reflected that. We... Read More had the best mix of formal pictures, hilarious "action" shots from the reception and our memories will forever live on in these photos. I couldn't ask for much more in my wedding photographer!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014

Mel is a professional and fantastic at her craft! She genuinely cares about what she does and that totally shines through in her work. She is on-trend and really listens to what you want her to capture. I've used her for family portrait sessions as well and will call on her... Read More time and time again! I whole-heartedly trust her to capture the milestones in my family's life.

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Allison M

Mel is so great at what she does - true talent and an amazing personality. Mel was organized, prepared with great ideas, professional, and not pushy. She was able to create such a relaxed environment so the whole bridal party felt at ease. She was unobtrusive and able to... Read More capture amazing candid loving moments. Great value, great quality! I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer! I look forward to working with her again!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Katie O

Mel did our engagement photos for our wedding and they came out amazing! I could not have been more happy with the final product; even everyone who saw the photos had nothing but great things to say. My husband and I had a very rustic/country themed wedding and we wanted our... Read More engagement pictures to reflect this theme. While we knew what theme we wanted, we did not have a place in mind on where to go for the actual pictures. Mel found this amazing barn/farm for us to go to that we never would have found on our own. I would recommend Mel Colvin Photography to anyone and I look forward to working with her again!

2014-09-25T14:09:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!! <3 So sweet!!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Danielle V

Mel Colvin Photography is amazing!!! Mel recently photographed my wedding and the pictures were gorgeous and creative! She made the entire process fun and comfortable for my husband and I as well as our guests. She is so patient and calm which helped ease my wedding day... Read More anxieties! Mel also brought a fabulous assistant, Erica, who went above and beyond! What I love most of all about Mel Colvin Photography is the passion she exudes in her work. I highly recommend Mel for all of your photography needs!

I love Mel

Reviewed on 4/11/2014

Mel was very reasonable and professional. I was so happy with our wedding pictures. They are all on a CD which I can print out different ones over time. I would recommend her to anyone. She is very artistic and captured some great moments. We got married on May 9th, 2009. It... Read More feels just like yesterday, especially when I look back on these photographs. On top of being professional, she is a nice person. I only like to work with people I click and mesh with. My only advice, which I didn't know because I was never married before, is be patient with the pictures. Sometimes they can take six months to a year with all the work that goes into editing-and you are not the only client. I didn't know that or thought about it. So just be patient and you will have the pictures you were so excited to see. You will not be disappointed with Mel and any assistant she choses to aid her with the photos.

Kathleen & Derek's wedding - Awesome photography!

Reviewed on 3/30/2014 Kathleen D

Mel did such a great job taking photos for our wedding. She and a second photographer snapped fun shots of the bridal party at the carousel in Slater Park and really beautiful formal photos of my husband and I with our family. I especially loved one picture in particular of the... Read More two of us with all the guests gathered on the steps of the church for one GIANT group shot! So fun to have memories like that captured on film. I would definitely recommend Mel Colvin for your wedding day photographer!