Melissa Miksch Photography

Marysville based - happy to travel!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

Marysville based - happy to travel! (360) 430-1883

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jason F

Melissa and Mike were a pleasure to work with, their photos were beyond expectations. I would recommend her to anyone in need of a kick ass photographer.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Maggie M

Melissa and Mike are an outstanding duo--and they are a hell of a steal, too! For me, finding a photographer was one of the toughest things about planning our wedding. We are both pretty uncomfortable in front of a camera, and it was really important to me to find a photographer... Read More who made us feel relaxed enough to forget about being on camera and have fun. Melissa and Mike did just that, and our pictures turned out truly amazing. They had tons of fresh and creative ideas for composition in our shots, and I appreciate too that they really listened to our preferences about things, rather than trying to insist that our photos "should" be a certain way. If you're looking for a fun-loving, nerd-tastic, refreshingly creative, mega-talented, and affordable photography team, I cannot recommend Melissa Miksch Photography highly enough!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jennifer W

Melissa was a joy to work with. She made decision making on photos easy and no stress! She helped us with both engagement and wedding photos and they turned out beautiful even in the pouring rain. I would highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Stephanie B

Melissa and Mike were exceptional! Ten minutes into our first meeting I just knew that they would be perfect for my vision of my wedding, and they did not disappoint! Melissa was available to talk with throughout my months of planning. She listened to me, made an effort to... Read More really get to know what I wanted, made excellent suggestions on ideas for photos, and gave me advice on my timeline as well as other non-photography related aspects of the event. Melissa and Mike made my guests, my groom , and I feel relaxed and comfortable. They didn't miss a moment whether posed, planned, or candid; seamlessly moving from directing our serious family portraits to catching the two of us being silly with each other when we thought no one was watching. I cannot say enough good things about these two! I am very happy that I found them, and I know you will be too!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Katie M

I couldn’t be happier with Melissa and Mike. Our wedding photos look amazing, and since they work as a team, they captured some of the best moments from multiple angles, how awesome!!! It has left us spoiled for choice, and picking out our favorite photos is proving a near... Read More impossible task... Her price point was VERY competitive and she went above and beyond to help make sure our wedding went as smooth as possible. From helping to lace the brides dress (as all the bridesmaids stared at the contraption of a wedding dress in wonder) to slicing the cake for crowd service. I can not recommend her enough. They were very professional, great to work with, and the photos speak for themselves. Check out her website for samples of her work, and book them early!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Erika H

Melissa and Mike are phenomenal photographers! They really listened to what we liked and wanted out of our engagement and wedding photos! They are also amazing with kids! (Huuuge brownie points!) They are perfectly priced and offer amazing photo packages, they even let us alter... Read More the package we chose to make it work for us! What are you waiting for?! Call them!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Taffy F

LOVE our wedding photos! It was such a thrill looking at all the photos she captured and with such a great eye for composing fun, artistic shots that truly captured the day and vibe. Melissa was great to work with and exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Lindsey D

Melissa, and Mike (her second/assistant photographer), are fantastic. She was the very first photographer that caught my eye when I started looking and the only one I met with because I knew right away that they were perfect for me. I have very little patience for pictures,... Read More especially the traditional poses. Melissa listened to me and suggested a schedule that allowed for portraits but was not ridiculously long or overly complicated. During the ceremony and reception they got some amazing shots but were completely unobtrusive. Melissa had me pose for some photos that I thought, "Yeah, this is going to look completely staged and awkward" but they turned out to be some of my favorites. She completely put me at ease, which is no small task considering I hate having my picture taken. Our wedding was in the evening/night, which I'm told can make photos difficult to shoot, but Melissa and Mike nailed it.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Dorothy Ann J

I got to work with Melissa and her sister on a couple’s shoot just this past April (2017). It was an amazing experience and one I would love to relive; she is very easy going and calm, which creates the perfect environment for taking pictures (especially if you are like me and... Read More are conscious of your body and easily anxious). The cost was fair and truly reasonable for what great work she does. The pictures (which we got print rights for in color and b/w) turned out amazing – she really worked with us and created this beautiful balance of us throwing out ideas and her adding in her own – and I will treasure the pictures forever. I knew she was the right photographer for us when she responded with such enthusiasm and excitement for the theme of our shoot; we truly had a blast and look forward to working with her in the future.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Caroline B

What I really loved about Melissa is that she has this amazing eye for composition. The photos she took in places where I thought "This isn't going to work." have been the ones that have been the most outstanding. She is friendly, personable and has a wonderful ability to put... Read More everyone at ease. We wanted our engagement session to include my step-sons, who were somewhat unwilling participants, and she was able to coax smiles out of them both. If you want wedding photographs that reflect who you are, and aren't the the norm, I highly recommend Melissa.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Stacy H

My wife and I worked with Melissa and her husband for our wedding, and they were amazing. We got directions for some photos, we ask for others, and when we were busy getting married they got gorgeous shots. We got one photo right afterwards, so we could share it on Facebook, and... Read More then we had the blog post with Melissa's top picks to show off... a note here, we've shown them off. Every time someone asks us about our wedding, we just have to pull up that post and show off the photos. We don't have the album yet -- there were doubtless a lot of photos but quality takes time -- but we are so happy to wait. This is a photographer who has talent you can trust, and produces quality photos you'll love to show every time you mention your wedding story. I can't recommend them highly enough. We'll definitely follow up with them for any anniversary or family photos; they're too talented and sweet not to!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Trupti G

From reading the reviews on Melissa's website and on various wedding website I knew that she would provide great service and give me the pictures I was expecting. I am pleased to say that that is exactly what I received and more. I believe it's Melissa's passion and photography... Read More that leads her to capture those special moments during your wedding and after that you want to see over and over again. If you want a relaxing wedding day and pictures that are sure thing, look to Melissa because she will provide exactly what you need. I know that I really enjoyed her pictures and I'm going to hire her again in the future for special events yet to come. For our wedding, we hired Melissa to do our engagement shoot and our wedding day pictures. Working with her and her husband Mike was effortless and fun. They were able to direct us to make the spectacular wedding photos that everyone hopes for. I know that they will be able to do that for you too!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Barbara C

Melissa and Mike are a great pair of photographers. They captured the special feel of our son's wedding perfectly, taking some of the most unusual and beautiful pictures I have ever seen. It was a family-only wedding in a remote locale and their flexibility was fabulous. Melissa... Read More really understood what was special to our son and his bride and was unobtrusive while getting the perfect shots.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 John C

I was the father of the groom; this was an outdoor wedding with a number of challenges for a photographer (a long drive, shooting next to a cliff(!), etc.). The photos are fantastic and she was so easy to work with. Highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Christina C

Incredibly creative and accommodating photographers! Mike and Melissa were a pleasure to work with. Melissa had so many great ideas for our elopement and engagement photos. They were also super fun to work with. Highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ally L

We hired Melissa for our wedding and her and her husband were amazing! She was beyond helpful with planning, had great ideas for picture settings, and made sure my list of picture combinations was fulfilled. She also made sure I wasn't getting burnt out at any point. She is very... Read More experienced and makes sure you are happy with your poses. We absolutely love our pictures.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We first hired Melissa to take our engagement photos and she did such a fantastic job that we have continued to use Melissa's services for all of our photography needs. If you want quality photos, done right the first time by a caring photographer who is passionate about her... Read More craft then Melissa Miksch photography is the place for you!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

It was two months before our wedding when I realized we haven't done our Engagement photos. I frantically googled local photographers that were reasonably priced. After looking at a few pricy photographers, I came across Melissa Miksch Photography. I instantly was drawn to all... Read More of her work as well as her prices for an engagement session. We met her and her husband at a local park and everything went smoothly. They are both very friendly and had great ideas for poses. But the thing I liked most about her, is that she caught some special moments that were not posed. We were very happy with the photos we got, we even got a cute photo book with some of our pictures. We loved their work so much, that Melissa has become our family photographer and a great friend! If you want timeless photos that you can cherish for a lifetime, go with Melissa Miksch Photography! You will love her!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Melissa and Mike were so fantastic! Melissa was bright, bubbly and more than accommodating. She gave clear instructions and let us know her intentions with each shot. Mike got some fantastic shots while we were goofing around between pictures. 10/10 will hire again!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kamorlay P

I appreciated the special details that Melissa captured at our wedding! I was focused more on the moment and did not realize how much I would value the special photographs that we received back from Melissa! It was stressful for my wife and I, as new transplants to WA, many of... Read More our friends and family could not attend. My friends and family love the photo's and often comment that they feel like they were at the ceremony. Melissa has several recommendations for venue, reception dinner, flowers, and bakeries. She has so many resources and shares them on her website and in one on one conversations with her couples! I'm so happy we found her and had her attention to detail focused on capturing all of the important moments at our wedding.

Amazing, caring and just plain awesome wedding photographer

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

The first time we met Melissa gave me a big hug like we'd known each other forever. She was the first photographer I looked at & I knew I'd found the right person instantly. My decision was made even more secure when my wedding planner told me she was friends with her and that... Read More she was amazing. Melissa & Mike truly are amazing. We had a very short engagement (& a very long wait on the ring) so we didn't get to our engagement pics until a little over a month before the wedding. I wanted to do them to help my groom get a little more comfortable with the camera. We had an amazing shoot on Queen Anne & just had a lot of fun. On our wedding day they were awesome at herding everyone and just taking stunning and fun shots. We had a more non-traditional wedding and they fit right in. One of the biggest factors for me in choosing her was looking through her site and seeing brides of ALL sizes. And hearing her talk about how she shoots those of us with a little (or a lot) more to love. She knows how to make you feel and look more stunning than I ever thought possible. I plan on using Melissa and Mike for all of our future events!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 John D

Nice lady. Dealt with my laconic nature well.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Thomas W

Melissa and Mike were easy to work with and took amazing photos. We plan to hire them again next time we are in need of a photographer.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

Melissa and Mike are truly amazing! They work together in perfect harmony! Melissa's compassion and desire to capture your uniqueness and beauty while telling your story, clearly comes through in her pictures. Melissa and Mike became part of our ceremony and day, their... Read More ability to put everyone at ease allows them to capture shots and moments that other photographers could not. I cried when I saw the preview, my pictures reflected the beauty, joy and happiness of the day! Truly an amazing team to share your special moments with.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Mary D

Melissa and Mike were a fantastic investment for our wedding photography. They took time to learn about us, our families and our wedding plans, and were happy to advise and make recommendations where needed. They have tons of vendor contacts from years of experience, and vendors... Read More love working with them (only matters to you because it means you won't even notice because everything's running so smoothly). We love our photos, there's definitely something to be said for having two photographers on hand. They got all the shots we wanted, and more, without being so in-your-face as to disrupt the experience. Great package options to fit your individual needs and budget. Beautiful family, too. Highest recommendation with no reservations!