Vibrant Illustrative Storytelling

Your wedding will be a whirlwind of emotions, romance, and fun. We'll mix traditional and documentary styles to tell the story of your day, all while keeping you relaxed and having a good time. In the end you'll have beautiful photos full of all of the people, details, and emotions that make your day uniquely you. Visit our website to see our full portfolio. Call or email today to set up a free consult – we'd love to meet you!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Marysville based - happy to travel! (360) 430-1883

Can't say enough good things about Melissa and Mike

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Anne F

If you are looking for 1) An extremely talented pair of photographers who have an amazing knack for plus size brides 2) Someone who will devote their day to you, not squeeze you in 3) The biggest bang for your buck LOOK NO FURTHER!!!! I met Melissa and Mike at a... Read More venue open house. After having vendor after vendor tell me that taking pictures of a plus size bride is just the same as a "normal" person (rude much?)...the biggest thing that struck me about this couple was that their presentation had a plus size bride proudly displayed front and center. The bride looked radiant, happy, and not in the least bit self conscious. I told Melissa my gripe and she started passionately telling me that it was not the same AT ALL and it was all about making the bride feel comfortable. The more i chatted in those few minutes, the more i liked them both. Their price was just right too. Significantly less compared to other "budget" photographers, and you got both Melissa AND Mike, not having to pay extra for a second photographer. The big day arrived and Melissa and Mike arrived ahead of schedule to scout out our location for the perfect spot. Melissa even jumped in to help pin my dress when my maid of honor was getting frustrated. Not only did she make us look great, she got my family in on the fun. My family always goes for the traditional (stiff) poses, but she captured the relaxed and candid moments in between. I had my pictures back within a couple of days and I just couldn't stop looking at them. Being a plus size bride, i was nervous about looking extra fat or ugly, but even to my own overly critical eyes, i look wonderful. Melissa and Mike, thank you for capturing our special day. I love each and every picture and I'm so glad we booked you. We will treasure these pictures always. Anne Florio

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

Melissa and Mike are truly amazing! They work together in perfect harmony! Melissa's compassion and desire to capture your uniqueness and beauty while telling your story, clearly comes through in her pictures. Melissa and Mike became part of our ceremony and day, their... Read More ability to put everyone at ease allows them to capture shots and moments that other photographers could not. I cried when I saw the preview, my pictures reflected the beauty, joy and happiness of the day! Truly an amazing team to share your special moments with.

She captured all the right moments

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Kelsi G

I don't even know where to begin about my experience with Melissa and her work. Working with Melissa was so easy and it just automatically clicked when I first met her. I saw her work and loved it. I met her and her husband and knew they were who would make my wedding memories... Read More come to life through their photography. We had multiple meetings to make sure we were on the same page. She followed my wedding photography Pinterest board, but was very open about that inspiration board would be exactly that she would use it to inspire her and make sure that my pictures were my own and didn't look like they were posed to match the exact picture I saw on Pinterest. She listened to my rambling about my wedding stress and was extremely sensitive and understanding to any of the touchy subjects that can come up when dealing with families and guests. After our last meetings, she emailed me right away and said probably the best piece of advice I could have been given; be vulnerable. The one thing I said was most important to me was having our moments captured and she said the best way to do that is to not be afraid to show my emotions. The day of the wedding she came into my dressing room and it was like a breath of fresh air. It was official. The venue was decorated, I was getting ready, my husband was on his way, but now it was going to be solidified into pictures and I was so excited. She stayed in the background and I barely knew she was taking pictures sometimes. Looking through my preview, there were moments I was so shocked she got because I was so caught in the moment and she was so good about just being there. Melissa didn't just do a great job of taking the pictures, but she did a great a job at keeping me calm. She wasn't afraid to tell me to just take a breath and calm down. She just kept reminding me everything was going perfectly. Her and husband are amazing photographers, but more importantly, they are amazing people and I'm so lucky to have had them at my wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jason F

Melissa and Mike were a pleasure to work with, their photos were beyond expectations. I would recommend her to anyone in need of a kick ass photographer.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Maggie M

Melissa and Mike are an outstanding duo--and they are a hell of a steal, too! For me, finding a photographer was one of the toughest things about planning our wedding. We are both pretty uncomfortable in front of a camera, and it was really important to me to find a photographer... Read More who made us feel relaxed enough to forget about being on camera and have fun. Melissa and Mike did just that, and our pictures turned out truly amazing. They had tons of fresh and creative ideas for composition in our shots, and I appreciate too that they really listened to our preferences about things, rather than trying to insist that our photos "should" be a certain way. If you're looking for a fun-loving, nerd-tastic, refreshingly creative, mega-talented, and affordable photography team, I cannot recommend Melissa Miksch Photography highly enough!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jennifer W

Melissa was a joy to work with. She made decision making on photos easy and no stress! She helped us with both engagement and wedding photos and they turned out beautiful even in the pouring rain. I would highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Stephanie B

Melissa and Mike were exceptional! Ten minutes into our first meeting I just knew that they would be perfect for my vision of my wedding, and they did not disappoint! Melissa was available to talk with throughout my months of planning. She listened to me, made an effort to... Read More really get to know what I wanted, made excellent suggestions on ideas for photos, and gave me advice on my timeline as well as other non-photography related aspects of the event. Melissa and Mike made my guests, my groom , and I feel relaxed and comfortable. They didn't miss a moment whether posed, planned, or candid; seamlessly moving from directing our serious family portraits to catching the two of us being silly with each other when we thought no one was watching. I cannot say enough good things about these two! I am very happy that I found them, and I know you will be too!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Katie M

I couldn’t be happier with Melissa and Mike. Our wedding photos look amazing, and since they work as a team, they captured some of the best moments from multiple angles, how awesome!!! It has left us spoiled for choice, and picking out our favorite photos is proving a near... Read More impossible task... Her price point was VERY competitive and she went above and beyond to help make sure our wedding went as smooth as possible. From helping to lace the brides dress (as all the bridesmaids stared at the contraption of a wedding dress in wonder) to slicing the cake for crowd service. I can not recommend her enough. They were very professional, great to work with, and the photos speak for themselves. Check out her website for samples of her work, and book them early!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Erika H

Melissa and Mike are phenomenal photographers! They really listened to what we liked and wanted out of our engagement and wedding photos! They are also amazing with kids! (Huuuge brownie points!) They are perfectly priced and offer amazing photo packages, they even let us alter... Read More the package we chose to make it work for us! What are you waiting for?! Call them!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Taffy F

LOVE our wedding photos! It was such a thrill looking at all the photos she captured and with such a great eye for composing fun, artistic shots that truly captured the day and vibe. Melissa was great to work with and exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Lindsey D

Melissa, and Mike (her second/assistant photographer), are fantastic. She was the very first photographer that caught my eye when I started looking and the only one I met with because I knew right away that they were perfect for me. I have very little patience for pictures,... Read More especially the traditional poses. Melissa listened to me and suggested a schedule that allowed for portraits but was not ridiculously long or overly complicated. During the ceremony and reception they got some amazing shots but were completely unobtrusive. Melissa had me pose for some photos that I thought, "Yeah, this is going to look completely staged and awkward" but they turned out to be some of my favorites. She completely put me at ease, which is no small task considering I hate having my picture taken. Our wedding was in the evening/night, which I'm told can make photos difficult to shoot, but Melissa and Mike nailed it.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Dorothy Ann J

I got to work with Melissa and her sister on a couple’s shoot just this past April (2017). It was an amazing experience and one I would love to relive; she is very easy going and calm, which creates the perfect environment for taking pictures (especially if you are like me and... Read More are conscious of your body and easily anxious). The cost was fair and truly reasonable for what great work she does. The pictures (which we got print rights for in color and b/w) turned out amazing – she really worked with us and created this beautiful balance of us throwing out ideas and her adding in her own – and I will treasure the pictures forever. I knew she was the right photographer for us when she responded with such enthusiasm and excitement for the theme of our shoot; we truly had a blast and look forward to working with her in the future.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Caroline B

What I really loved about Melissa is that she has this amazing eye for composition. The photos she took in places where I thought "This isn't going to work." have been the ones that have been the most outstanding. She is friendly, personable and has a wonderful ability to put... Read More everyone at ease. We wanted our engagement session to include my step-sons, who were somewhat unwilling participants, and she was able to coax smiles out of them both. If you want wedding photographs that reflect who you are, and aren't the the norm, I highly recommend Melissa.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Stacy H

My wife and I worked with Melissa and her husband for our wedding, and they were amazing. We got directions for some photos, we ask for others, and when we were busy getting married they got gorgeous shots. We got one photo right afterwards, so we could share it on Facebook, and... Read More then we had the blog post with Melissa's top picks to show off... a note here, we've shown them off. Every time someone asks us about our wedding, we just have to pull up that post and show off the photos. We don't have the album yet -- there were doubtless a lot of photos but quality takes time -- but we are so happy to wait. This is a photographer who has talent you can trust, and produces quality photos you'll love to show every time you mention your wedding story. I can't recommend them highly enough. We'll definitely follow up with them for any anniversary or family photos; they're too talented and sweet not to!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Trupti G

From reading the reviews on Melissa's website and on various wedding website I knew that she would provide great service and give me the pictures I was expecting. I am pleased to say that that is exactly what I received and more. I believe it's Melissa's passion and photography... Read More that leads her to capture those special moments during your wedding and after that you want to see over and over again. If you want a relaxing wedding day and pictures that are sure thing, look to Melissa because she will provide exactly what you need. I know that I really enjoyed her pictures and I'm going to hire her again in the future for special events yet to come. For our wedding, we hired Melissa to do our engagement shoot and our wedding day pictures. Working with her and her husband Mike was effortless and fun. They were able to direct us to make the spectacular wedding photos that everyone hopes for. I know that they will be able to do that for you too!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Barbara C

Melissa and Mike are a great pair of photographers. They captured the special feel of our son's wedding perfectly, taking some of the most unusual and beautiful pictures I have ever seen. It was a family-only wedding in a remote locale and their flexibility was fabulous. Melissa... Read More really understood what was special to our son and his bride and was unobtrusive while getting the perfect shots.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 John C

I was the father of the groom; this was an outdoor wedding with a number of challenges for a photographer (a long drive, shooting next to a cliff(!), etc.). The photos are fantastic and she was so easy to work with. Highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Christina C

Incredibly creative and accommodating photographers! Mike and Melissa were a pleasure to work with. Melissa had so many great ideas for our elopement and engagement photos. They were also super fun to work with. Highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ally L

We hired Melissa for our wedding and her and her husband were amazing! She was beyond helpful with planning, had great ideas for picture settings, and made sure my list of picture combinations was fulfilled. She also made sure I wasn't getting burnt out at any point. She is very... Read More experienced and makes sure you are happy with your poses. We absolutely love our pictures.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We first hired Melissa to take our engagement photos and she did such a fantastic job that we have continued to use Melissa's services for all of our photography needs. If you want quality photos, done right the first time by a caring photographer who is passionate about her... Read More craft then Melissa Miksch photography is the place for you!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

It was two months before our wedding when I realized we haven't done our Engagement photos. I frantically googled local photographers that were reasonably priced. After looking at a few pricy photographers, I came across Melissa Miksch Photography. I instantly was drawn to all... Read More of her work as well as her prices for an engagement session. We met her and her husband at a local park and everything went smoothly. They are both very friendly and had great ideas for poses. But the thing I liked most about her, is that she caught some special moments that were not posed. We were very happy with the photos we got, we even got a cute photo book with some of our pictures. We loved their work so much, that Melissa has become our family photographer and a great friend! If you want timeless photos that you can cherish for a lifetime, go with Melissa Miksch Photography! You will love her!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Melissa and Mike were so fantastic! Melissa was bright, bubbly and more than accommodating. She gave clear instructions and let us know her intentions with each shot. Mike got some fantastic shots while we were goofing around between pictures. 10/10 will hire again!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kamorlay P

I appreciated the special details that Melissa captured at our wedding! I was focused more on the moment and did not realize how much I would value the special photographs that we received back from Melissa! It was stressful for my wife and I, as new transplants to WA, many of... Read More our friends and family could not attend. My friends and family love the photo's and often comment that they feel like they were at the ceremony. Melissa has several recommendations for venue, reception dinner, flowers, and bakeries. She has so many resources and shares them on her website and in one on one conversations with her couples! I'm so happy we found her and had her attention to detail focused on capturing all of the important moments at our wedding.

Amazing, caring and just plain awesome wedding photographer

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

The first time we met Melissa gave me a big hug like we'd known each other forever. She was the first photographer I looked at & I knew I'd found the right person instantly. My decision was made even more secure when my wedding planner told me she was friends with her and that... Read More she was amazing. Melissa & Mike truly are amazing. We had a very short engagement (& a very long wait on the ring) so we didn't get to our engagement pics until a little over a month before the wedding. I wanted to do them to help my groom get a little more comfortable with the camera. We had an amazing shoot on Queen Anne & just had a lot of fun. On our wedding day they were awesome at herding everyone and just taking stunning and fun shots. We had a more non-traditional wedding and they fit right in. One of the biggest factors for me in choosing her was looking through her site and seeing brides of ALL sizes. And hearing her talk about how she shoots those of us with a little (or a lot) more to love. She knows how to make you feel and look more stunning than I ever thought possible. I plan on using Melissa and Mike for all of our future events!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 John D

Nice lady. Dealt with my laconic nature well.

Melissa Miksch

My name is Melissa, and I am a photographer, mom, wife, and chocolate enthusiast. I love all things weddings, and consider sparkle to be a life staple. I have a daughter and too many cats, and we all live in Marysville with my husband Mike, who also happens to be my second photographer for weddings. I would love to meet you to talk about your plans!