Timeless // Romantic // Photojournalistic

We are a husband + wife photography team who adore capturing our clients unique love stories in a timeless and photojournalistic way. We feel so honored to step into our clients lives and capture their special day from the moment a bride puts on her wedding dress through the end of the reception.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Charlotte, NC Charlotte & Beyond (704) 560-2287

Simply Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Ashley S

We found MelissaJoy Photography by searching for wedding photographers on the web and immediately contacted them for more information. Melissa was very quick to respond and we had a face to face meeting scheduled within days. Upon meeting Melissa and Matt we found them very... Read More personable as well as professional. We felt they were truly interested in our vision for our pictures. As soon as I got in the car from our meeting, I, the bride, immediately asked my groom could I tap on their window and sign a contract! We knew their personalities and style suited us to a T and were exactly what we wanted for our wedding pictures! We hired MelissaJoy Photography for the bridal portraits and the wedding day. Both experiences far exceeded our expectations and gave us excellent results and experiences. We especially loved Melissa's personal touches, such as the wedding day questionnaire date night kit, personalized print sizing requests, packaging, phone calls and emails. It further let us know we had made the right decision. Melissa and Matt (her husband who is a second shooter) was just what our wedding day needed. They remained calm, courteous, personable and professional the entire time. Melissa and Matt used their creativity and style to deliver us candid and formal pictures from our day. We just love the fact that they are timeless pictures that allow us, our family and our friends to relive not just the day but the emotions of the day. Would we recommend MelissaJoy Photography? Absolutely! They were such a blessing to our wedding day!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Elisabeth C

MelissaJoy Photography is the best! I really do not think I could have had a better experience. I emailed back and forth with several photographers and decided to meet with Melissa first. She was so sweet and had the exact style of photographs we wanted for our wedding.... Read More Needless to say, this was the only photography meeting my husband and I needed to have. We decided to hire them for our engagement photos, my bridal portraits and our wedding day. Melissa and Matt (husband and wife duo) were the absolute perfect wedding photographers! Melissa was so calm, cool and collected on my big day and really took charge to make sure everything went according to plan. My husband and his groomsmen loved having Matt with them before the wedding and he was great to work with too! Both are so easy going and take amazing photographs. Melissa has a wonderful eye for taking all of the great shots - every single one of our pictures looks amazing and we have received compliment after compliment of how great our wedding, engagement and my bridal pictures are. Our photos are timeless and will be treasured for years to come! Cannot recommend them enough - we are already looking forward to having one year anniversary pictures taken with them!

How could I ask for more?

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

MelissaJoy Photography is the full package. Melissa is kind, professional, timely and insanely talented. We loved having her and Matt be a part of our day, they brought a light heartedness and calmness that contributed so much to the entire experience. We adore our photos and... Read More Melissa was so helpful and attentive each step of the way. I can't recommend MelissaJoy enough!

Truly a Joy to work with

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Anne H

Melissa has a natural talent and very charming personality. She took great care and time to listen to what my husband and I wanted in our photos. She is very prompt to respond to you and answers all questions. Melissa provides excellent choices in venues for engagement and... Read More bridal sessions. She made our engagement session and wedding day a fun experience. She keeps the energy up and pays attention to make sure you feel comfortable and natural in every shot. She's captured beautiful moments for us at our garden wedding and NoDa engagement session. I would absolutely recommend her as your photographer!

Best Decision You'll Make!

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Courtney C

I heard about Melissa from a friend who had booked her for her wedding. I then went to the website and checked out her photographs. I was a bit in awe of the captured beauty, and I loved how natural everything was. I instantly knew I HAD to have her as my wedding photographer.... Read More Her photographs are so flawless and priceless, and I knew she would be the one to capture all the important details of the best day of my life. After meeting with Melissa, I realized not only does she produce great photographs, but she is so fun and so easy to work with! When you are a bride handling so many details, you treasure the people who are organized, helpful, and easy to work with! Melissa and Matt showed up the day of the wedding with smiles on their faces, and many members of the wedding party were so impressed by their organization and smooth moving pace. I would HIGHLY recommend choosing MelissaJoy Photography. Your wedding day is such a special day, and it amazes me still had quickly mine flew by despite by best efforts to soak it all in. With all the excitement surrounding you, things turn into a blur, and that is why you NEED quality photographers to capture all the details that you may forget. This was by the far the best decision I made throughout the whole wedding planning process. I encourage you to do the same. You will not regret it!

Perfect Engagement Pictures!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Allie S

Melissa was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was very open to our ideas of setting and backdrop and tried her best to make each idea work. She was very knowledgeable and at the same time, creative in poses and positioning so that we got candid pictures. The quality and... Read More color of her photos were amazing and we were provided with more than enough photos from our two hour session. I would highly recommend Melissa as a photographer as she was so easy to work with and very personable.

Amazing work!

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Meredith S

Melissa does phenomenal work. I was stunned at the quality of the photography - her photos are some of my favorites. She made me feel at ease and I knew I was in good hands. Thank you for the amazing photos!!

Melissa Joy Photography was the best decision we made!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Emily R

First of all, I was living in Colorado while planning a wedding in Greenville, SC when I first contacted Melissa. She was referred to me by another photographer in Upstate South Carolina and she had just begun her own photography business. Melissa responded immediately and... Read More courteously with an e-mail explaining her services, and we promptly set up a phone date. As soon as I spoke with Melissa over the phone, I knew we "clicked." She was delightful, professional, personally interested in my wedding, and incredibly warm. We had a lovely conversation and proceeded to set up the details of our contract. Since I had to do everything by mail and e-mail, I know it was a bit laborious for Melissa, but she was on top of all the details of our contract and incredibly professional and easy to work with. She made me feel confident and comfortable about our wedding photography. I had plenty of things to fret over before our wedding, but I NEVER worried for a SINGLE second about our photography because Melissa was so professional, confident and talented. Literally... I did not worry about it for one moment. Melissa and her husband Matt (her second shooter) were INCREDIBLE on our wedding day. They came in and just did their magic. I was amazed at how smoothly they worked-- there were moments where all our family photographs were being orchestrated (which can be crazy and a little stressful) and I hardly even noticed Melissa and Matt! It's like they pulled everyone together for the shots magically. They were excellent at capturing all the beautiful photos we requested, yet remaining in the background. They were polite and kind and seamless the entire evening. Melissa and Matt worked to capture the essence and originality of our day, and they succeeded beautifully! We had our wedding on a family farm and had a HUGE downpour right before the ceremony! They worked to capture the lighting, shot gorgeous photos of our ceremony (which happened inside a little barn), and I was really amazed at the quality and quantity of amazing photos they took. We literally have hundreds of photos that turned out beautifully! (I honestly don't know how they got SO many amazing shots... like I said, a little magic.) I felt like Melissa (and Matt) went above and beyond to capture our wedding day in a beautiful way. I remember well the time I got to spend with my husband taking shots after the ceremony once the rain had cleared! We got to laugh and enjoy some quiet time while Melissa and Matt took photos of us, and it was so special. We so thoroughly enjoyed working with them, that even in the midst of all the craziness of the reception, we looked at each other and said "Aren't the photographers just amazing? Hands down the best people we've worked with!" We had some drama with other vendors and little wedding day glitches, just like any couple, but Melissa was the highlight. If you hire her, you really will have nothing to worry about. We are thrilled that we did, and our photos are stunning.

Great photos from a total sweetheart!

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Holli A

I used Melissa for our engagements, my bridals and our wedding. We are more than thrilled with the way all of our photos turned out! Not only is her work great but she is a sweetheart and so easy to work with. Highly recommend!:)

MelissaJoy Photography Review

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Nicole R

We really enjoyed MelissaJoy Photography. Melissa is a young photographer who works with her husband. They make a great team and are super fun to work with. They make sure to research the area that you are going to have your pictures taken at to make sure they are able to get... Read More the best shots possible. These two make you feel at ease on your big day and know exactly what they are doing.

Amazing Pictures and Great to Work With!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Rachel M

Melissa was truly a joy to work with! When Melissa and her husband showed up the day of the wedding they took control and started working, they took beautiful perfect pictures of everything and never got in our way. In fact they helped to keep things mellow! The pictures were... Read More amazing. I really liked how candid all the photos were. She captured the love between my husband and I, the pride in my parents eyes, the innocence of my nieces and the excitement of all the guests.

Wonderful & SO Talented

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Christen C

My husband and I met with Melissa and her second shooter (her husband) almost a year out from our wedding. I will be honest, she wasn't the first photographer I had looked at but, wow, I am so glad it worked out for us. I am more than happy with every aspect of our experience... Read More with Melissa. We hit it off at our first meeting talking about football and other random things. We then had our engagement session and that was a blast! Melissa was flexible on the timing and location and took great advantage of the props we brought with us. We had great communication from then on and up to the wedding. She was honest when she needed to be and so sweet all other times. Then there was the wedding day. Her and her second shooter/husband were on time (they even traveled about 7 hours to be at our wedding) and happy to be there, but also very professional and fun. They paid attention to the form I had filled out to make sure we got all the shots I wanted. They were flexible on-the-spot too, especially when we said we wanted to go into the lighthouse to take some photos. :) We received the photos on a USB stick to use at our own will and Melissa hand delivered it along with a bottle of wine and a sweet note. Can you even get any better than that?! Overall, I would 100% recommend MelissaJoy Photography for your wedding or other need/event. It was nothing but a wonderful experience. -Christen and Ben (married in June 2014)

Wonderful Photographer

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Alyson

MelissaJoy Photography was absolutely the best choice for us! We loved her. It was also great to get a second shooter without an extra cost, because her husband came with her to photograph as well. We loved them & their work!

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Meredith D

We were so pleased with MelissaJoy Photography! Melissa and her husband were a pleasure to work with, and provided us with amazing photos of our wedding day, which we will treasure for a lifetime! Melissa also provided our engagement photos and photos from our rehearsal... Read More dinner, which we were equally happy with. She is extremely easy to work with, and has a sweet and easygoing demeanor, which is wonderful on a hectic wedding day. She was able to capture the memories of our day so well. I love the mix of formal photos, and candids that she delivered. I would definitely recommend MelissaJoy!

Melissa Clark

Thanks for visiting MelissaJoy Photography. I am a wedding photographer based in North Carolina and am lucky to have my husband as my additional shooter and right-hand man on each wedding day. I truly believe there is something beautiful in capturing the special moments in someone’s life. A photograph is more than just something that hangs on your wall. It has the ability to bring you back to a special place, a walk down memory lane, to life’s most joyful times. I am honored to be able to step into each of my clients lives, and have them share with me the most special day of their lives.