Merari Photography

South Florida + NYC. Available for destinations.

Artistic, Documentary, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available

South Florida, FL South Florida + NYC. Available for destinations.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Dana P

Merari was the best decision I made for my wedding. She is insanely artistic and her photos will bring tears to your eyes. Lighting, balance, detail... her pictures truly are magical. I can't emphasize enough how wonderful she was to work with. She is generous with her talent... Read More and her input.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Alanna M

Working with Merari was a breeze! I planned my wedding from Chicago and met with Merari via Facetime. Distance wasn't an issue. She's great at communicating and always willing to give advice or send a list of vendor referrals. I have to echo some of the other reviews for... Read More Merari. She is wonderful, professional, and creative. I cannot believe how beautiful our wedding photos are. Merari truly delivers fine art photography. The classic nature of her style paired with a couple truly in love is magic and timeless.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Olivia B

Merari's work is magical!! I am completely obsessed with how our wedding photos turned out and all of our guests are dying over them too, saying that they look straight out of the pages of a magazine :) She was super sweet and thorough and easy to work with. A true professional... Read More that you can trust with the very important task of capturing your favorite day perfectly!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Stephanie R

Amazing photographer! I trust her completely. If you want amazing photos, she is your woman! She is highly personable, friendly, and really knows her craft! She is also very adventurous - we took photos by a waterfall and she was very willing to climb over rocks with us to get... Read More the shots we both wanted! Her photography and editing skills are above and beyond. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Jan Kristine C

When I first started wedding planning, I knew that having Merari as my photographer was my number 1 priority. No matter how beautiful the venue is or how amazing the dress is, it wouldn't matter in the future unless you have a good photographer to capture it all. Merari is still... Read More one of the best investments I've ever made in my life. Looking at my wedding photos just makes me so happy. She is a very talented photographer. She's very professional but fun and sweet at the same time. She helped me and my husband feel comfortable in front of the camera. She was good at giving directions for our formal pics but the best part was her attention to detail during the whole wedding. She captured so many moments it was as if she was just everywhere. One of the pictures that i love the most is of my husband looking at me during our vows; It's just filled with love and happiness and Merari captured that. I'm so glad Merari was my wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Lydi C

Merari is one of the sweetest, most professional, creative, and awesome people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. Her photography style is incredible! She plays with natural light in a way that many wouldn’t know master. My husband and I really wanted her to capture our... Read More emotions and special moments throughout our special day and that she did. Her eye for detail, angles, and creativity really shows in our album. I hold her very close to my heart and am forever grateful for capturing our memories so perfectly.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Iman S

Simply put, Merari was more than a photographer - she was a partner for me and my husband in so many ways before and during the wedding...which was a big help since we're not "wedding people" :) From helping us schedule the logistics of the day to wrangling the masses at the... Read More venue for pictures and offering recommendations for dress accessories, Merari's insight was invaluable. Oh, and did I mention the photos came out beautifully? She has a great eye for detail and truly captured the love and joy of the day!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Cristina A

I cannot imagine my wedding without Merari photographing it. Throughout the entire planning process, Merari was professional, intelligent, kind, friendly, and responsive. We planned our wedding in Miami all the way from New York City, which could have been stressful, however... Read More Merari made sure that it wasn’t. She FaceTimed with us several times when we had questions, and was always responsive by text and email, as well. My husband is a photographer and art director, and was very particular about who we chose, and had LOTS of questions for Merari that she answered thoughtfully and patiently. He was over the moon about our decision (as was I). On the actual day of the wedding at Villa Woodbine, Merari was calm, stress-free, and kind. She knew how to make us laugh and put us at ease. She was so sweet to my nieces and nephews and spoke Spanish to my Cuban family members. Working with her was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Thank you, Merari!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016

I am the mother of the bride and I was so awed by Merari's photos that I am hoping to fly her to take photos of our sons' weddings whenever they find the right person, even though they live in other parts of the country. Her photos are a beautiful, awe-inspiring record of a very... Read More special day. My daughter and son-in-law were married in double Hindu/Christian ceremonies on the same day and Merari recorded so many meaningful, special moments from that special day. She was never intrusive, so I have no idea how she was able to capture so much of the joy and love of that day. I didn't see her taking all those beautiful photos--but we have lovely proof that she was there, recording that special day. Her photography is national-magazine-level elegant, and she has a special gift of capturing the joy and love on everyone's face. A series of photos that she took of our family and our daughter's friends reacting as she came out in her sari are priceless. She even captured a lovely young relative--age 3--standing and looking up at Molly with clasped hands and a wistful, astonished wonder, as if she was looking up at a princess. I was there, but I had not even registered that beautiful expression on this child's face, but Merari captured that moment for all time. I love to go back and look at these wedding photos, so beautiful, so expressive. Merari is a wizard with that camera and I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Melanie G

My husband and I had an amazing wedding experience and Merari was a huge part of that. During planning we met with 3 photographers, 2 in person and one (Merari) over skype. We instantly hit it off and even talked about Indiana Jones. She answered all of our questions, put us... Read More at ease and made great recommendations when we needed guidance (ex: we couldn't decide whether to do a first look, she recommended it for us, and it remains one of our favorite moments from that day--plus the pictures are amazing) and answered all the questions we had. Merari was very understanding of our specific needs and traveled from Miami to Washington, DC for our engagement shoot. In December. In the cold. From Miami. Serious commitment. She was a pro and a delight and she made us feel really comfortable (so I would recommend the engagement shoot if you can since it's totally worth getting the rhythms down). She also made my grandmothers laugh at the wedding (joking in Spanish) which was just a really wonderful sign of what a great fit she was for us. So she has a great personality and is a delight to work with, and the pictures are even better. They are beautiful, but most importantly, she caught the moments we want to remember-- during our vows when I'm laughing and crying or when my husband is wiping away a tear or the first hug between me and my mom after the ceremony. Lastly, Merari did an amazing job of putting together what she envisioned as the layout for our wedding album which was unbelievably helpful. It was a pleasure to work with Merari and the work she did was amazing. I will recommend her to anyone, anytime.

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Kathryn G

Hi- If you are reading Merari's reviews and comparing her to any other photographer in South Florida, stop and book her immediately. From the minute I started looking at her photographs, it was apparent that Merari loves what she does. She has an innate ability to capture... Read More those intimate moments between people that most don't have the opportunity to see while also documenting every aspect of your day (literally every second of it). My husband and I got married on 5/2/2015 and we received our pictures today (< 4 week turnaround). I can't express how sensational they all are. She captured every person at our wedding, the party (how she got some of these dance floor shots I will never know!), and moments that I never thought she would have caught (tears during our ceremony, kisses on a trolley, hand holding with my sister). Living in Manhattan I was initially a bit worried that the distance would make our wedding photos less personal. However, as we talked on the phone, emailed back and forth, I felt like a friend was photographing us day of and the pictures have that same feeling. There are not enough amazing things to say about Merari and her work. She is hands down the best and we were honored to have her document our special day.

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Beatriz T

I fell in love with Merari’s work from her portfolio, and she did not disappoint for our wedding. She truly has a gift; her and her wonderful assistant captured our Day so perfectly. As my Husband and I sat and looked through them, all we could do was smile as we relived that... Read More wonderful day through her photographs. Merari, I had high hopes for you and you exceeded all of my expectations. Thank you for helping us take these beautiful memories with us to enjoy for years to come.

Reviewed on 5/06/2015

Merari is not just a photographer, she is an artist. When I first saw her work, I knew I had to have her document my wedding. I was living 4 hours away during the planning process and she even Skyped with me early on to talk about my vision. She really has a way of putting you... Read More at ease and on my wedding day, she displayed such calm and professionalism during parts of my wedding that got a little hectic for me. I am also so thankful that she drove us to a pretty park near our reception venue for some extra portraits after the ceremony. Those are some of my favorite shots and without her suggesting the idea and offering to shoot outside with us in peak of FL humidity, we wouldn't have them. When I saw my preview album, I was just amazed at her attention to detail and human emotion. Her and her assistant Ena captured photos that I will cherish forever and that I am proud to share with others. I've also seen her photos on well-known wedding blogs like Style Me Pretty and BHLDN...I am so glad she is getting more attention for her photography, very well-deserved. It also felt so good to let go and just trust a "vendor" 100% on my big day. I use vendor in quotes because I see her as way more than just that. You will too :)