Merri-Makers Catering at The Ashford Estate

Allentown, NJ

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Grand Ballroom at the Ashford Estate features carpeted flooring, a large dance floor and huge windows to allow lots of natural light to flow through the room. It seats up to 275 guests for the wedding and reception. Couples are welcome to use the 13 round tables for receptions Each table seats 10 to 12 guests.

The Barn can also be used for a wedding ceremony. It provides couples with a rustic feel and features huge red sliding barn doors, a multitude of windows that allow plenty of light, wood flooring and a paved patio with a fountain just outside.

Merri-Makers Caterers at The Ashford Estate takes care of everything for the wedding, including the music, wedding cake, flowers and gifts. The attentive staff also works with each couple to come up with personalized menus for the reception. A wedding rehearsal is included and can be set up with the wedding consultant.

Generally, a wedding day at the Ashford Estate begins with the bride and her bridal party getting their makeup and hair done in the on-site salon, while sipping champagne. Before or after the ceremony, the wedding party and guests can gather to enjoy cocktails and snap photos in the solid oak library, conservatory, verandas and sitting rooms.

Ceremonies can begin as early as 3 p.m. and are followed by a five-hour reception. Couples are welcome to use the Ashford Estate's sound system or have the option of bringing in their own musicians. An after-party can also be planned by the wedding consultant. These are typically held in the conservatory or library at the estate.

In addition to the staff previously mentioned, Merri-Makers Caterers at the Ashford Estate also provides a bridal attendant for the day of the wedding to help with the needs of the entire wedding party as well as a maitre d' to oversee the wedding festivities.

• Up to 26 guests are allowed to stay at the Ashford Estate during the wedding events; the estate has 12 guest suites available
  • Additional guest accommodations nearby
  • Myriad of indoor and outdoor photo opportunities throughout the estate

Picturesque Countryside Estate Wedding

Surrounded by hundreds of acres of farmland, The Ashford Estate exudes the atmosphere of a European destination wedding. Stunning views of sparkling fountains, floating gazebo and endless gardens are harmoniously paired with outstanding food and service to compliment the luxurious accommodations.

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

637 Province Line Road, Allentown, NJ (732) 225-0009

Best day of my life!!!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Hannah G

My now husband (!!!) and I got married at the Ashford Estate last weekend. From the very beginning planning stages through the day after the wedding the staff at Ashford were absolutely amazing!!! I cannot speak highly enough about the entire experience. Laura D. helped us plan... Read More the entire day and she was incredibly helpful, insightful, and accommodating. She helped to ensure that we had the best vendors, helped us to pick out the menu during the tasting event, and made sure that every single thing ran smoothly on the day of the wedding. The Ashford Estate in itself is absolutely magical. We held the ceremony on site in the barn, then did cocktail hour in the conservatory and library, and also had an after party in the library after the reception ended. The entire staff was so nice and helpful and my bridal attendants throughout the day were incredible. They had a tide stick in hand during a food stain emergency, they made sure that my husband and I ate dinner, and even stood outside in the cold with me during pictures to hold onto my jacket. The food from Merri-Makers catering was delicious and so many of our guests have told us that it didn't taste like your typical wedding food. We served our meal family-style and all of our guests were so pleased with it. The entire catering company and staff were very careful and accommodating with many food allergies and they even brought tables seconds without being asked. Being able to stay on-site the night of was also key. The bridal suite is one of a kind and all of the guest rooms are incredibly nice and clean. It was so nice being able to get ready in one place and then stay that night. Overall I cannot say enough about our entire experience at Ashford. My wedding day was hands down the best day of my life and so much of that has to do with being at the perfect venue. If I could do it all over again I would in a heart beat. If you can afford it I absolutely recommend getting married at Ashford!!!

2016-01-22T09:26:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you Hannah, you and Billy were a pleasure to work with! Please make sure you come back to visit, some couples like to come back on their anniversary. Whenever it works for you, we'd love to see you again. Everyone at Merri-Makers wishes you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Haley B

My husband and I had our reception at the Asford Estate in April of this year and worked very closely with the Merri-Makers team up until the big day. They have the most amazing team who go above and beyond to make sure everything is taken care of on the big day and that YOU as... Read More the couple are happy and relaxed the entire time. Their team is super organized, experienced, friendly, and honest (which weighs very heavily when you are planning such a special event). They recommended almost all the of the vendors we decided to work with and also reminded us of things we may not have considered/thought about during the planning process. The Bridal/Groom attendants the day of were extremely professional - they were constantly 3 steps ahead of us in terms of the layout of the day and always made sure we were comfortable. We absolutely loved their entire team - they are a special bunch! We received a compliment from every guest at our wedding on how amazing the venue, Merri-Makers team, and food was! It was the most spectacular day and their team definitely made it all the more special.

2016-07-26T22:07:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We absolutely loved working with you both! You must come back for anniversary pictures and visit us!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Kristina H

I literally cannot say enough about how wonderful everything at the Ashford Estate was. I had my dream wedding at this magical venue on 7/2/16. From the minute I stepped on the ground for my initial venue visit, I was in love. Ashford Estate is literally the most beautiful... Read More wedding venue I have ever been at. The grounds are immaculate and picturesque - tons of great spots for photos. I love that everything is on site- and the different spaces for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception keep the day unfolding for guests like little surprises. The food was excellent! We had salmon and Chateaubriand for our dinner choices and I've never seen so many plates licked clean at a wedding. My guests also told me that they were offered second helpings as there was extra in the kitchen - what a nice touch! The cocktail hour food was amazing as well, as were our strolling desserts - guests thought this idea was different and fun and couldn't stop raving about the options. More than anything, what puts Ashford Estate over the top were the absolutely amazing on site staff. Laura of Merrimakers was by far the most attentive, responsive and wonderful person that I could have asked for in planning my wedding. I am in PR and have planned many events and she and her staff were like I had 100 versions of myself day-of. I like to have my hands in everything to make sure it's all perfect and I have never met anyone who could replicate things exactly as I would have done it. Laura totally got me and my vision and I felt like I could relax and TOTALLY trusted her and her team the day of. Kelsey of Merrimakers was our maitre'd and was equally as amazing as Laura -helping my day run smoothly. I will honestly miss Laura - she was such a pleasure and so much fun to work with - I felt like she became a friend! Lastly, my bridal attendants, Taylor and Lisa, were so BEYOND amazing and attentive. They made sure me and my groom always had drinks and were able to eat, literally had everything ready and prepared for me before I even thought of it myself. For example, they brought my lipstick from the bridal salon to the sweetheart table in case I needed touch ups. I cannot say enough about everyone at Ashford Estate. There was not one thing that went wrong, the venue is perfect, the gardens are perfect, the food is perfect, the staff is perfect. I cannot recommend them enough! They gave this bride her dream wedding and allowed her to relax throughout the day!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Neena & Jordan W

THANK YOU, thank you, thank you to everyone at Merri-Makers, especially Laura & Gina, for making our wedding day so perfect. We knew we were in good hands from the start, and Merri-Makers exceeded our (high) expectations. The food was delicious and every detail was hit. Rain or... Read More shine - Merri-Makers is certainly prepared. The Ashford Estate is such a special place, and Merri-Makers helped to make all our dreams a reality at this picture-perfect venue.

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Danielle R

The staff and service we received from Merri-Makers Catering at The Ashford Estate was nothing but the best. From the moment we showed up for our drop off and rehearsal any of our stresses or worries were left at the door. Throughout the night and the next morning, our guests... Read More were even complimenting the quality of service that was given. Lisa was our bridal attendant and she was phenomenal, a very special woman we will remember for years to come. Gianna was our Maitre' D and she was great. She made sure everything was going smoothly and assured us many times, this is our day and she would take care of anything. Lastly, Laura was the woman we spoke with from the very beginning and was with us throughout our entire year of planning. She answered every question, e-mail, and phone call quickly and thoroughly and also assured us that choosing Merri-Makers Catering would be the best decision to ensure our wedding would be the absolute best, and it was!

2017-03-27T18:51:59 Response from the vendor

Danielle, Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your big day! We are beyond thrilled that you enjoyed every bit of the day, especially the service. Please send us pictures as they come back... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Christina R

Last Friday, December 9th, we had our wedding at the Ashford. All I can say is, WOW! It was everything I imagined and more! From the beginning, Laura D kept in touch with me about every single thing for our wedding. God bless her because I must have sent her 100 emails and she... Read More always emailed or called me back fast with a kind hearted response! The day of, Geri, Taylor, Lisa, and Laura were amazing! They made sure everything was perfect for us! They we're so gracious and helpful that we felt like superstars! I adore them and they are such a huge part of the reason why our day was so very special! The food was outstanding, and they even set up cocktail hour food for my husband and I in the salon right after the ceremony. We munched and then we're ready to greet our guests. The staff was fantastic. They were the nicest people and so much fun! As all the guests were dancing, it was great to see the staff getting down as well (big shout out to Seth for showing us his dance moves!) If you are torn between having your wedding between The Ashford and another location, GO WITH THE ASHFORD! You will not regret it, and it will be the best moment of your life.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kait D

Where do I begin? My husband and I were lucky enough to be married at The Ashford Estate last month and I can say that they surpassed our wildest dreams of what our wedding would be like. From that very first visit with Laura 15 months before the wedding, down to the very day... Read More of our wedding I couldn't believe how easy they made the process. With a background in event planning I was concerned that I would be managing my wedding throughout the day. Everyone at Merri-Makers and Ashford made sure that the only thing that we were focused on was taking in the day and having an amazing time. They thought of everything and if they noticed that something wasn't right they took the initiative to make it right without stressing anyone out. The grounds at The Ashford are stunning-- everything from the surrounding area, to the charming barn that we were married in, to the jaw-dropping beauty of the ballroom. The food was exceptional and our guests said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. As the cherry on top, we were lucky enough to have rented The Estate for the entire night so both my grooms family and my own family were able to stay in the 12 guest rooms upstairs, that are truly nicer than any five star hotel's accommodations. I can't thank Merri-Makers and Ashford enough for helping provide my husband and I the wedding of our dreams! We are so excited to be coming back next summer when my sister gets married there and I know her wedding with be just as perfect! You are the best!! THANK YOU THANK YOU! Xo, Kait and Dan

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Casey S

My husband and I got married at The Ashford Estate a little over a month ago and it truly was a fairytale wedding! From the amazing grounds, to the wonderful staff, to the amazing food, everything was just absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding! The... Read More staff was so professional and attentive and made my day completely stress-free. From the start of the planning process, Laura was absolutely amazing! She always made herself available to answer all of our questions that we had and truly made the wedding planning easy! She was there on our wedding day to make sure everything went as planned. Gianna, as well as all of the wedding attendants (I have to mention Taylor as well!), were by my side the entire day and were so pleasant and helpful! Our wedding was truly a dream come true! Our family members and guests are still raving about how wonderful our wedding was! Thank you to all of the staff at Merri-Makers for all of your hard work in making our day so magical! It was by far the best day of our lives!! The Ashford Estate is hands down the best venue in the Tri-State area! Thank you!! 09.16.2016

2016-11-01T10:53:45 Response from the vendor

Casey, Thank you so much for this beautiful review! It was an absolute pleasure working with you, Mike and your families! What a beautiful day for a beautiful couple inside and out. Please send pictures and come back to visit!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lori D

As the Mother of the Bride, I thought I would tell everyone what an amazing experience this was for our entire family! From the very first visit, the professionalism of the staff rivals the beauty of the location. Worth every penny.. can't tell you the number of guests who... Read More raved about the venue, food and overall ambience. If I had another daughter, we would be back!!

2016-11-01T10:56:26 Response from the vendor

Dear MOB, Thank you so much for the kind review, we are always honored to be a part of your family's big day!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Danielle G

Our wedding was on September 3rd, 2016! We had the most fantastic and memorable day at The Ashford Estate. From the beautiful landscapes, to the gorgeous barn where we had our ceremony, are to die for! The main estate and ballroom are out of a fairytale, for sure! Our day was... Read More just magical! This venue is truly a spectacular place. Everywhere you look there is a gorgeous 'backdrop'. That helps when you have an amazing photographer like Kay English. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous with the help of these gorgeous grounds The Ashford Estate has! The entire process was amazing as well. We worked with Laura, who was fantastic the entire time. From phone calls and emails, to our meetings leading up to the day, it was all such an enjoyable process. The entire Ashford Estate and Merri-Makers team make the planning extremely easy and incredible. Taylor and Lisa were our bridal assistants. Helping me out all morning, then attending to my husband and I the entire evening. So eager to help and make our nights as enjoyable as possible. They were absolute dolls, too! The 12 beautiful suites they accommodate in the main estate are pristine in every way possible. Each room has its own decor style and feel. The bridal suite is such a dreamy room. We loved staying here and so did our guests. Merri-Makers did an awesome job as well! The food was out of this world amazing! From cocktail hour, up until our dessert displays, everything was on point! Our guests were in awe with every detail during cocktail hour. Our dinner courses were spectacular!!! You will not regret having your gorgeous wedding day at The Ashford Estate! We highly recommend it!

2016-11-01T10:57:29 Response from the vendor

Danielle, Thank you so much for your sweet review, you were an absolute dream to work with! We can't wait to see more pictures! Please come back and visit!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Amanda G

I was married at The Ashford Estate this past April (2016). From my first visit, Laura and her team were extremely accomadating and helpful from touring us around the Estate to customizing a menu for our wedding. Each bridal attendant was amazing - from driving me around on a... Read More impromptu golf cart ride, to carrying emergency kits ranging from sewing kits to snacks. Every detail of the day was thoroughly planned out allowing me to feel worry free. The grounds were breathtaking and the food was exquisite; I could not have envisioned a more perfect day. My experience with Merri-Makers was pure excellence.

2016-10-05T12:07:53 Response from the vendor

It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your big day! Thank you so much for the kind words - please come back and visit! All our best, The Merri-Makers Family!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

My daughter had to cancel her wedding at The Ashford 14 months prior to her date and they have insisted that we pay for the entire amount (venue and catering). Please beware before signing their contract!

2016-08-15T15:42:56 Response from the vendor

Dear Mother of the Bride, My name is Cynthia Bott and I'd like to help you with the review you posted. It is not Merri-Makers policy to insist a client pay the entire amount of a catering contract when an event is cancelled, 14 months... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Arielle T

The Ashford Estate provided an all around amazing experience. As for Merri-Makers, we got more compliments throughout the night about how fantastic the food was than anything else at the wedding. The food was above and beyond. I have a couple chefs in my family and they even... Read More raved about the food. People said it was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding before. Thank you Merri-Makers for making the wedding wonderful!

2016-11-01T10:58:42 Response from the vendor

Arielle, Thank you so much for the kind review! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and your family! Please send pictures and feel free to come back and visit!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Valerie B

I cannot begin to describe how much fun we had at our wedding at the Neshanic Valley Golf Course. The space is absolutely stunning and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure your special day runs as smoothly as possible. This includes Andrea, the on-site coordinator,... Read More getting on the phone with the hotel and reaming them out over them screwing us over on the shuttles that were part of our contract. She literally took all of the stress off or my shoulders. She is the nicest person ever, but will be that little pit bull you need when you need it. The guests have not stopped raving about how delicious the food was, especially the filet mignon. Seriously, get the filet mignon. And I have to disagree with the "$$$" that the Knot has listed for this venue. I would say its more of a 2 dollar sign expense. Not only is the catering itself less expensive than many Jersey hot spots, but since the ceremony space overlooks the golf course and rolling hills, you can save tons of money by not having to really decorate the ceremony space. We literally didn't have any decorations at the space aside from a large scoreboard my dad made (we had a baseball themed wedding) that was placed at the entrance to the space. Additionally, the tables inside the reception space are long, skinny oval tables. This helps lessen the cost of centerpieces. Rather than needing to fill the bulk of unused space on a circular table, you can get away with something simple like a few mixed size candles. Personally, we did a mini locker in the middle of the table with a cylindrical vase on each size filled with peanuts, a baseball, and a pennant flag for the "table number" aka the different baseball team we named each table. Each table cost us approximately $20 to decorate rather than $75 plus you would spend with a florist. Overall, this venue gives you the most bang for your buck. Beautiful scenery, amazing staff, delicious food, great pricing, and best of all, a night you won't forget.

Fairytale Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 12/19/2015 Christine F

If you are searching for a truly spectacular wedding venue, look no further! The Ashford Estate is the MOST stunningly beautiful venue around. We just had our wedding there last weekend and the day played out like a real fairytale. Everything went flawlessly. Laura is an... Read More absolutely pleasure to work with. She helped to make the planning process so easy and fun. Her and the rest of the staff were incredible the day of. They are extremely helpful and you get treated like king and queen. We are still hearing reviews from our guests about the "best wedding" they've ever been to. I would highly recommend using their preferred vendors. They are all true professionals who throw weddings at the Ashford all the time and they know what works and what doesn't. We are so lucky to have been able have our wedding here. Once you see this venue, nothing else will compare to it!

BEST DAY EVER!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Alison N

The minute we walked onto the Ashford property, we knew we wanted to get married there and start our life in the most glamourous way possible. As an Ashford bride and groom, you work directly with Merri Makers throughout the entire wedding planning process as they are the ones... Read More on-site the day of your wedding. Our first meeting with Merri Makers was with a former employee who wasn't exceptional or knowledgable about anything. Unfortunately, we had a less than average experience with him but fortunately enough, he was dismissed about 10 months before our big day and Laura came to the rescue!! If you decide to get married at The Ashford Estate or if you ever use Merri Makers you must work with Laura -- she is AMAZING!!! Once Laura was brought up to speed, our planning went super smooth, organized and precise, which is what I expected as a PR and Marketing professional. The day of our wedding, we were blown away by the service from the entire Merri Makers staff. They were super friendly to our guests, you can tell they enjoy working weddings, and we never needed to ask for anything as they were thinking two steps ahead of us the entire day. Anytime my husband thought, "I need another cocktail," Laura and her team where there with a fresh drink. They also took cares of our parents and made sure they felt extra special that day. We truly felt like a King and Queen the day we said, "I do!" From the amazing food, to the service and beyond Merri Makers at The Ashford Estate truly made all of our wedding day dreams come true!!! We wish we could live our wedding day over and over again!

Great!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Great day! Very on top of things day of. Food was great!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Kelly C

Everything about the Ashford Estate is perfect! The moment you drive into the estates grounds you are welcomed with a tree lined driveway that leads you to the beautiful estate and chapel/barn. This place is perfection and the only way to value you that is to pay a visit! The... Read More staff at the venue executed our wedding perfectly and there was not one detail that was missed. There are 12 sleeping rooms in the estate so you and your family can stay overnight and have a farewell breakfast the next day. The flow of the venue works so well.. Guests arrive to the barn for the ceremony, they are then escorted to cocktail hour which is an exquisite room with picturesque views of the grounds. After cocktails you are brought into the reception hall which exemplifies elegance. The venue is an absolute fairytale - no other venue even comes close to comparison!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 K

Our wedding day at this venue was perfect. It is absolutely gorgeous, of course. Everything is so clean and neat and new feeling, but it is definitely not a cookie-cutter venue. A lot of the places I looked at looked kind of the same, but the Ashford really stands apart.... Read More Not only is it gorgeous, but the staff are so professional and helpful. Laura (our coordinator) was amazingly responsive and helpful. The entire staff not only helped me with whatever I asked, they often provided help with things I didn't even know I wanted or needed. If you can swing the price tag, you won't regret it.

Neshanic Valley

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Jennifer J

The team at Neshanic Valley was great! Mackenzie was my bridal assistant and she was amazing :) Unfortunately, it was a little hectic (as I'm sure most weddings are) but I felt a little lost at times.

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Allison P

Merrimakers catering at Neshanic Valley Golf course was a perfect location for a wedding. Wendy the catering and wedding coordinator was great. She made sure we had a perfect wedding day and helped us plan out the logistics and details, so that everything would be smooth... Read More sailing. Our wedding day was absolutely flawless. While they have some preset menus, they are flexible with mixing and matching menu item. And let me tell you...the food is amazing (I highly recommend the Filet Mignon)! Compared to other venues in the area, Neshanic is definitely priced right. We had about 150 people and there was plenty of room. It was so nice to have access to the deck all night (where the bar is located) so people could spread out and enjoy the outside space as well. One tip: make sure you ask ahead of time where you can take pictures on the property during golfing hours

Excellent!!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Katie H

Words cannot even express how happy we were with Neshanic Valley! Every detail was attended to and they said yes to my every wish. We worked with Danielle for the 14 months before and she was fabulous. Bruce worked with us the day of and he was extremely professional and... Read More attentive. Our guests loved the cocktail hour and everyone said it was the best wedding food they'd had. I would suggest renting chairs and uplighting to really make the room beautiful.