Documentary

Photo

Bow2007

38 Bernard St, Lexington, MA (617) 834-8304

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Michelle B

Couldn't be happier to have hired Scott to be a part of our wedding day! From day one Scott has been nothing short of professional, responsive, easy going and kind. On our actually wedding day you could feel how passionate he is about his work and he was such a pleasure to work... Read More with. After the wedding he posted a little video of some of his favorite photos from our wedding and I must have watched that video 20 times with tears in my eyes at how beautiful they looked; we have received SO many compliments. So happy we chose Scott and you will not be disappointed if you do the same! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Mike R

Scott was an absolute pleasure to work with! Leading up to our big day he was incredibly organized, accommodating and responsive. On our wedding day he was punctual, easy to work with, creative and got all the shots I wanted. The post-wedding follow up was also topnotch - I... Read More received all the photos so quickly and they came out AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Eileen C

Scott and his assistant did an outstanding job at my son's wedding last weekend. We are all truly blown away at the pictures and how he was able to really capture every moment of their wedding. He is a talented photographer and very easy to work with, I highly recommend Scott... Read More for any special event. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Eric K

We are very happy we chose Scott as our wedding photographer. Scott was easy to work with leading up to the wedding day and answered all questions we had. Scott’s photographs are the perfect combination of the typical formal wedding pictures as well as more artistic photographs... Read More which are a great addition to the collection. Scott and his assistant were both very professional and made us feel comfortable being photographed. I can’t say enough about Scott and would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Melissa F

Scott was awesome to work with! It is very difficult to get in front of a camera, but with Scott you instantly feel comfortable. My husband and I did engagement photos so that we could get use it which by the way came out flawless! Not even edited and gorgeous! By the time the... Read More wedding, my now husband and I were ready and Scott captured every moment. He made sure he got pictures of everything! My now mother in law and mother keep telling me how amazing he was which I already knew and am forever grateful for! If you want to cherish your photos hire him!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Adam Q

Scott is one of the kindest, most passionate, and most talented photographers you’ll ever meet. With him, it’s MUCH more than pictures…it’s art. He has a very rare talent and you can see it whenever you look at any pictures he’s taken. When you are looking for a photographer to... Read More capture your big day, you’re look for someone who knows how to be at the right places at the right time, who takes stellar high quality pictures with great equipment, who understand a lot about what it takes to capture these moments perfectly, who is easy and fun to work with, and who truly and sincerely cares about you and what you want. You get all of that with Scott, and much more. From the moment we went to his studio to meet him, we could tell how talented he was and how much he cared. His studio is setup wonderfully for consultations and so you can see all of his work, both in albums and on the walls. He talks to you about how you want things to go, gets to know you, and answers anything you could possibly come up with for questions. He also is willing to answers questions or help out along the way and always has great ideas or resolutions for things. One big thing that is great, he has an extra shooter with him which he said is important because he can only capture so much in terms of angles or sides of your wedding as it’s happening. So he has a second shooter to capture the other side as well (for instance, he can get our reactions as we exchange rings, while his second shooter can get our families reactions). He’s extremely punctual and I’ve never seen someone so passionate or willing to go the extra length for a great shot. We got married at Zukas Hilltop Barn and Scott, in all seriousness, at times was laying down on his side in long grass or on his back in dirt JUST to get amazing shots. And yes, he had a suit on this whole time! That’s devotion. Our photos were absolutely breathtaking. He professionally touches up dozens of his/your favorite shots, and then fixes a ton of others as well and his turnaround is EXTREMELY QUICK. I’ve had friends wait months for theirs. Scott had our main ones done within a week, the second batch within 2 weeks, and the whole entire set of pics in less than 3, uploaded to DropBox and sent via mail on a USB. He’s very easy to work with and is a great professional photographer. There isn’t a person in the world we would have rather had as our photographer than Scott. He could be charging 4 times what he charges now and you would still be getting an amazing deal. His rates are absolutely incredible to start with, but then when you end up experiencing the service and see the photos you end up getting, you’re left in amazement for the value of it all. I couldn’t recommend Scott more. It’s so important to have a wonderful and professional photographer to capture the photos of your wedding. You can’t redo those moments and they must be captured perfectly, sometimes within tenths of a second, so you can relive them properly going forward. Scott understands how important his role is. He knows he’s taking pictures that will not only capture your big day, but also last not only your lifetime, but for generations and generations beyond that. Couldn't possibly recommend Scott more!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Jaisyn M

Scott Metzger is amazing! He did our save the dates as well as our wedding pictures. They pictures are outstanding. He blended right in, he perfected every shot. We would hire him a million times more if we could!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Hillary G

Choosing Scott was one of the first and best decisions we made! His unique style in working camera angles and playing with shapes, figures, angles and lighting is truly spectacular. His style is truly editorial and I am beyond thrilled with how our photos came out. In fact, I... Read More think they belong in a magazine (I know, I know...I' biased). Scott made us feel at ease in front of the camera and was very willing to explore various backdrops both inside our wedding venue and around the city of Boston. I am thrilled with his artistic eye and the finished product speaks for itself. Hire Scott and I promise you won't regret it!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Erin B

Scott was absolutely awesome to work with. He is super flexible, professional, and takes amazing pictures. He made us feel so at ease throughout the process. I would work with Scott again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Heather J

Scott is an absolute pleasure to work with, and my husband and I are in love with our wedding photos! We were concerned that the formal portraits could get awkward, but Scott is a true professional and knows how to make you feel comfortable and loosen up. His presence at the... Read More reception is hardly noticed, but when he posted our photos we saw so many great shots that we didn't even know he took. One of my favorites is a photo of me going to greet my 95-year-old nana during our reception. He captures all the memories you could want; even the ones you didn't know you wanted! We absolutely give Scott the highest recommendation if you are looking for a fantastic wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Kellyn F

Scott is the absolute best! If you make one decision for your wedding vendors--- it should be to have Scott as your photographer! He is so easy to work with and makes the awkward experience of being the object of endless photographs fun and totally relaxed! He is extremely... Read More creative and thinks up such awesome poses and captures numerous gorgeous candids! We are so thankful we chose to have Scott capture our special day. Our family members and friends were completely blown away by our photos!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Erin K

Scott is so great to work with! He is attentive, detail oriented and very responsive. He made my husband and I laugh all day long and kept the mood light. He's creative and really catches and captures those special moments. He knew our venue inside and out and was able to get... Read More through pictures quickly and efficiently so we could enjoy our cocktail hour. Highly recommend Scott!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Gina C

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Scott! My pictures are absolutely amazing, I continue to receive so many complements and multiple people have told me they are the BEST wedding pictures they have ever seen. Scott is fantastic to work with. He is very responsive and... Read More very flexible. He was familiar with the area where my wedding was (the Cruiseport in Gloucester), and was able to suggest a few places for outdoor formals. We ended up at Bass Rocks, and my pictures could not have turned out better. Not only is Scott's work amazing, but he is probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He worked quickly and efficiently to get as many shots as possible, but I never felt rushed and his kind personality made me feel quite calm. Scott also got so many amazing reception shots, but I hardly remember even seeing him at the reception! Scott was able to capture all of the traditional shots we wanted, but is also extremely creative. He was able to capture so many "artsy" shots that were just so different than any other wedding photos I have ever seen. This is party of the reason we selected Scott as our wedding photographer. He was at a bridal expo we attended, and after reviewing his portfolio we knew he would be amazing (and he did not disappoint). We received a slide show with some of his favorite photos about 3 days later, I couldn't believe how quickly he was able to put it together. All of our proofs were up in less than two weeks, before we even returned from our honeymoon! We selected the photos for our album, and it came out incredible. All of his photos really told the story of the day, and captured all of the emotions from everyone. Scott's assistant Katherine is also amazing and wonderful to work with. I promise Scott will exceed any expectations you might have! Thank you Scott for capturing all of our wedding day moments so perfectly, and being so kind and wonderful to work with.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kam M

If you are searching for your wedding photographer, look no further!! I came across Scott’s page after looking through portfolios & reviews of what seemed like thousands of Boston area photographers. I loved his photography style and thought his photos were beautiful so I... Read More reached out and was lucky enough that he happened to be available for our wedding. After meeting with him we were so excited to be working with him, and it turned out to be one of the best wedding decisions that we made!! His patience, professionalism, and talent are truly out of this world. We can’t even count the number of people who have told us how amazed they are with the results of Scott’s photography. When we saw the photos we were in awe of how much he captured; on our wedding day I didn’t want to spend any time doing formals, so Scott basically had a few rushed minutes to capture what he could. When he sent us the proofs (LESS than a week later!!!!), it looked as though he had hours to set up each perfect shot! We had a couple of “photography buff” guests at our wedding who commented on how impressively stealthy and non invasive Scott was during the ceremony & reception. I honestly don’t remember seeing him at all the whole night other than the couple of direct conversations I had with him- and when I saw the hundreds of photos that he took, I couldn’t believe that he got so many amazing photos while somehow remaining virtually invisible! In addition to our wedding photos, we did engagement photos with Scott, which he turned into a beautiful guest book for our wedding- his turnaround time is so quick and as unbelievable as his pricing. All of my friends who have been married in recent years were stunned at how reasonably priced Scott is, for work that is bounds above other local photographers. He truly enjoys what he does, and that’s what makes him SO good at it! Choosing a photographer is a big deal and can be tough with so many to choose from- but you absolutely can’t go wrong with Scott as your guy! He also brought along a 2nd photographer for our ceremony, at no extra charge, because he though it would benefit us (even though we told him it wasn’t necessary). The result was a gorgeous collection of images from every angle, with every little detail being perfectly documented. One last thing- if you have a dog, you can’t go with anybody other than Scott. We don’t know how he hypnotized our dog into posing for all of the photos, but he definitely has a way of connecting with ALL subjects!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Justine Q

Scott Metzger is by the far the best wedding photographer out there!! Our wedding venue, Cruiseport Gloucester, suggested him and a few other photographers that we might like. I reviewed each photographer's work and knew Scott was the one I wanted. His work was absolutely... Read More amazing. From the very beginning, he was helpful always reaching out to satisfy our needs and even showed us the equipment he would be using. The day of the wedding, he did such a great job. He stayed the whole entire time from getting ready early in the day to the very end of the wedding. I am not one that likes to take pictures, but Scott made it very easy for me. He was very patient considering we had such a big bridal party. We did not have to give him any instructions with what we wanted. He knew exactly the right pictures to capture. He goes above and beyond to get the perfect pictures for you. I was really upset that the weather was not a sunny beautiful day. He assured me that the overcast was the perfect weather for wedding pictures which it was! Scott definitely has an eye for photography. All of our wedding photos were so beautiful and creative. He really takes the time to focus on everything including the little details. Most wedding photographers take some time to get you back your photos. Scott surprised us with how quickly we got to see our photos considering our wedding was around the busiest time of wedding season. We received a slideshow a week later showing some of our photos. We did not have a videographer, but we certainly did not need one. Scott's photos showed the whole story of our wedding day. Our wedding photos and wedding album came out perfect!! You will not go wrong with booking him as your wedding photographer. I would give him more than 5 stars if I could. He helped make our day perfect and stress. By far our favorite vendor. Thank you Scott!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Robin G

Scott was wonderful to work with! He did our engagement photos (down in the North End of Boston), and I have had several people comment that they were the best that they had ever seen! On our wedding day (we were married at a church and had our reception at the Beechwood Hotel),... Read More Scott was right on time and stayed until the very end. Him and his assistant Katherine were very good about putting us at ease and providing us with direction. I never worried about whether or not Scott was getting all of the shots that we desired, and Scott was great about capturing all of the most important and intimate moments of our day. He is a truly a top tier photographer, and his pricing was comparable to many of the other photographers that we had looked at. I would highly recommend him to anyone. You are guaranteed to have beautiful and timeless photos!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Kevin Z

Scott and Katherine deserve more than 5 stars. Throughout the entire process they did everything that they could to ease our worries and make sure that we were comfortable come our wedding day. On the day of the wedding, Scott and Katherine arrived early and stayed late. My wife... Read More and I did not see each other until the she walked down the aisle, so all of our pictures together had to be done after the ceremony. We were worried that this would prevent us from interacting with our guests during the cocktail hour, but Scott made sure that everyone was organized so that we could take all of the pictures and enjoy our wedding. Scott was extremely fast in getting all of our pictures posted online and we love them more than we had imagined. All of our guests have been commenting on how amazing the photographer was and how beautiful the pictures came out. Do yourself a favor and stop looking for a photographer. Booking Scott should be the easiest decision that you make when planning your wedding. We have referred him to all of our friends getting married in the area and will use him whenever we need a photographer in the future. THANK YOU SCOTT!!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Jessica B

I can't say enough about Scott Metzger... use him! It has (and still is, because he is working on our wedding album) a great experience. He is communicative and has a great personality. Scott did our engagement shots (which were amazing) so we knew we were in good hands for... Read More the wedding. It was great to work with him ahead of the "big day." Scott was punctual on the day of as was his awesome assistant. All of the photos came out great. It has been unbelievably difficult narrowing down which pictures we want in our wedding album. The slide show he includes with his package is really neat. We didn't hire a videographer, as we decided to splurge on a superb photography package instead, so this was a nice feature. Scott got the proofs to us really quickly too, which we really appreciated! I highly suggest doing first look pictures. There just is no way we could have accomplished what we did in a mere cocktail hour. Seriously book Scott! Great decision!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

Scott is as professional as they come! He got the creative shots we were looking for. We gave him a list of shots we wanted and he made sure to get all of them. During the wedding Scott took shots that are amazing! He was very stealth, never in the way but everywhere at the same... Read More time!! Thank You Scott and Katherine!!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Julianne Z

We are so happy that we chose Scott Metzger as our wedding photographer. We had the most amazing time working with Scott and Katherine. They arrived right on time excited to take on the day. They were both extremely professional, efficient, and enthusiastic about capturing... Read More the best possible photographs. Scott and Katherine were flexible and accommodating in the exact pictures that we were looking for. We trusted their vision and felt confident in all of the shots that we took that day. We received our slideshow and proofs back very quickly and are absolutely in love with every picture. The pictures are exactly what we were hoping for and more. Scott and Katherine were able to capture special moments that we will now be able to look back and remember forever. I would recommend Metzger studios to anyone who is looking for amazing photography! Thank you to Scott and Katherine for everything!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Emily A

Scott went above and beyond for our wedding day. He and Catherine worked so well, together and separately, to capture all the photos we wanted and then some. Scott was so good at posing us and coaching the slightest changes in position to get the best photo possible for our... Read More formals. As I knew from seeing his previous work, he is also great at capturing important moments as they happen. My husband and our parents were amazed at Scott’s work. I was less surprised than they were because I knew we had chosen a fabulous photographer, but it was like magic seeing ourselves and our loved ones captured in Scott’s style. We did an engagement session with Scott as a trial run, and within minutes there was no doubt in our minds that he was the photographer for us. My husband isn’t always comfortable posing for photos, and sometimes has trouble smiling on demand, but Scott kept us comfortable throughout the process and frequently made us laugh, allowing him to capture true smiles and joy. We have received so many compliments on both the engagement and wedding photos. Scott stayed at our wedding even longer than agreed upon, sent us a great photo the very next day, and had a blog post and slideshow posted in less than a week. Selecting photos for our album was so difficult because there were so many amazing photos to choose from. Our wedding day was amazing and we were happy with all of our vendors, but if I were to recommend only one vendor to someone planning a wedding, it would absolutely be Metzger Studios.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Michelle B

My wife and I came across Metzger Studios on the Knot during our initial search for a wedding photographer. Scott's photo-journalistic style drew us in and after meeting with him in his studio, we knew he would be the right person to capture our wedding day. During the lead up... Read More to our wedding, Scott checked in multiple times via both phone and emails. We walked through the timeline of the day together to make sure we were all on the same page and would be able to get the photographs we really wanted. On the day of, him and his assistant Katharine, showed up and immediately got to work. Throughout the course of the day, Scott and Katharine made us feel at ease in front of the camera. They capture both posed and candid moments. There are some photos that I don't even remember them being there to take as they were incredibly discreet, but Scott was always just a hand wave away when we wanted a specific photo taken. Amazingly, we got a sneak peak at a couple photos a couple days after the wedding and a slide show of Scott's favorite pictures a few days after that. We couldn't have been more pleased with how they turned out. You can't go wrong with Metzger Studios. I would recommend him a hundred times over.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 katherine b

My husband and I first seen Scott's work through a family member and WOW! I immediately fell in love with his work so when the time came to choose a photographer for our upcoming wedding it was a no brainer, Scott was our first choice! From beginning to end Scott was amazing he... Read More did our engagement and wedding photos and they came out incredible. I could not have imagined more perfect pictures. Scott has an eye to capture unique and fun pictures and not afraid to get on the ground to do it. One of the biggest reasons we loved working with Scott was how comfortable he made us throughout the whole process sometimes I didn’t even realize he was there. Scott overall is an incredible photographer picking him will be your easiest wedding decision!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Crystal R

Scott has been an amazing photographer for our engagement, ceremony, and post-production photos. He is very good at communicating when he will be available, how he will be working to frame a particular shot, and has been reliable and professional. He take unique vantage point... Read More photos that really make the photos pop. From our stunning engagement shoot in Lynn Woods through a beautiful ceremony and riotous reception, Scott has managed to be everywhere and take great shots. My husband (and former fiance) does not like taking photos, but Scott got him, the groomsmen, and both families smiling and engaged for our photos. His pricing is competitive and he is very open about what the costs will be for the shooting, prints, and any retouching. He is a master of Photoshop, and has a great eye for details. The wedding day went by so fast, I really treasure the beautiful photos that Scott provided, and he did a great job of making us feel like his only clients, even though I know that he is in high demand! He does great work, and I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Andra C

Where do I begin!? I can honestly say that Scott by far has been one of the BEST vendors my husband and I had on our wedding day. Our engagement & wedding photos couldn't have been any better. We are beyond happy with the outcome. From day 1 my husband and I knew that he was... Read More going to be great to work with! His personality is easy going and fun! I've never had such a good time taking photos in my life, my fear was that I was going to look awkward or unnatural... but I was put at ease just after our engagement photo session. Every image was perfect, I just had to have them all. We met Scott at his studio and poured over images in his portfolio. Loving every single one that we knew we just had to have him as our wedding photographer! My husband and I have a very large family with a cultural background, at times it can be hard to work with, but Scott had no issues! He was able to tackle our wedding like the professional that he is! Getting up on a latter even sitting out in the rain for some very cool shots! Everything from my ceremony to formals to reception photos were fun, colorful and just beautiful. He is truly a talented professional. Not to mention he brought his very talented assistant Catherine, who was also very fun to work with. I don’t know how my husband and his loud bunch of groomsmen didn’t scare her away! Everything went so smoothly when it came to my photos. The follow up after the wedding was just as great. Scott is always responsive to emails and really enjoys what he does. You can see it all over his images. Amazing work and great to deal with! Number 1! Thank you Scott for making our experience the best ever from Day 1! We cannot thank you enough!