Personal Attention / Professional Entertainment

MIC King Music and Events is a Kansas City based DJ company that has been creating memorable events since 2000. Throughout our years of experience specializing in weddings, school celebrations, parties, and corporate events; we have had the pleasure of celebrating various occasions with different cultures, themes, and age groups. We understand how to create that perfectly professional experience while giving you the personal attention to make it everything you ever dreamed it could be. Our technology is all inclusive from the sleek look to the sound system guaranteed to deliver a clean and modern sound at just the right volume while playing all of your favorite music. With MIC King Music and Events you will have access to a substantial music library ranging from the 1930's to today's>

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

2024 Swift St, North Kansas City, MO Kansas City Area , Mid Missouri, St. Louis (816) 407-9522
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Ashley D

Daniel was our DJ and he was awesome!! He kept the party going and the dance floor filled. Mike did an amazing job keeping me in the loop and has a great attitude about everything. If you want a fun and memorable reception, then book through them! You will not be disappointed.

2017-05-21T09:08:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ashley and once again congratulations on your marriage. We wish you many years of happiness.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Allura A

We couldn't have asked for a better Dj!! Would recommend him to anyone!!

2017-07-20T19:19:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Olivia D

We were fortunate enough to have Mike as our DJ for our wedding. When we met with him about a year ago we left the meeting super happy and booked him that night! Mike was full of energy, played the songs we wanted him to play, and made sure our drinks were full all night. My... Read More husband and I went and ate alone but Mike made sure to find us before we went and asking if we needed him to make us a plate. Overall, Mike was more than just a DJ--he was a great host. He kept the party going (even during the huge storm that happened during our wedding) and made sure that everyone had a blast. Throughout the planning process his communication was awesome and I felt like he listened to what we wanted and was able to steer us in the right direction when we did not know exactly what to do. I would definitely recommend Mike to anyone! We could not be happier.

2017-07-17T12:17:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. It was my honor to be apart of your day!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Ryan G

From start to finish Mike was nothing short of phenomonial. You won't have to worry about ANYTHING and when those one or two little things don't go as planned - Mike will do whatever it takes to get it worked out. 5 stars is all it lets you pick, but 5 really isn't enough. If... Read More you are smart about it, you'll give Mike a shot.

2017-07-17T12:18:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you guys. I would like to wish you many years of happiness.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Jessie K

After reading all the positive reviews, my husband and I chose MIC King to DJ our wedding(06/24/17). We spoke with Mike (owner) and he made sure our night would be exactly what we wanted. The month of our wedding, we were given one DJ, but had trouble contacting him for a... Read More week. I finally called Mike and said we could not get a hold of him, so he called the DJ who then called us. We were supposed to meet with the DJ, but his car broke down, so we scheduled a phone interview instead. Mike called a few days later and apologized for the service this DJ had given us, and told us he was sure it was a one time incident. He would give us a new DJ (Nick) who was great at responding to texts and phone calls. He provided excellent service at our wedding and worked alongside our event coordinator and photographer to make sure everything stayed on schedule. The customer service and dedication shown by Mike and Nick was outstanding, and I would definitely recommend MIC King to DJ any event, and I would use them again.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Elizabeth W

Mike was AMAZING! He went above and beyond in every way. I'm sure there are numerous things he did to make our wedding day even better that we do not know about. He was a joy to work with and always professional. He helped to keep our day on schedule while making sure we... Read More could take a little time for ourselves as well. He was always checking to see if he could help with anything even leading up to our big day. He was an awesome DJ and kept everyone entertained throughout our reception. He would be at the top of my list for recommendations! We already have friends planning to use him for their receptions!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Kim C

Mic King Music and Events made our wedding absolutely amazing. Mike was incredibly accommodating and professional. He arrived early and well prepared with his own supplies and lights. He went above and beyond during the ceremony as well. He equipped everyone with mics and even... Read More videotaped the ceremony for us. After the ceremony while we were taking photos he brought us appetizers and drinks (which we wouldn't have gotten if he hadn't been so thoughtful) and checked in on us to make sure we had everything we needed. He was so helpful and amazing and the music was absolutely perfect. He listened to what we wanted and made the night so fun and exciting. Mike was the absolute best. We cannot say enough how professional and perfect he was. Would absolutely recommend for anyone looking for a DJ!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Caitlin C

Mike was great to work with and an amazing DJ PLUS party coordinator! Mike got my wife and I food and drinks as we were taking some photos after the ceremony, and even came around to the Head Table and Parents table to take drink requests/song requests during dinner. He was very... Read More easy to work with throughout the process and during the wedding was awesome at reading the room to make sure that the dance floor was always full. He had some wonderful suggestions for music/fun dance ideas that we really appreciated. I would seriously recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing DJ!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Kelsey K

Connor acted as the MC for our wedding and he was absolutely INCREDIBLE. Not only just as an MC for the reception but for the whole time before. After the ceremony, he came out with appetizers and bottle waters for us while we were taking pictures to make sure we were taken care... Read More of. He kept checking on us to make sure we were taken care of. He timed everything perfectly and worked well with our coordinator and all our other vendors. During the reception, he was outgoing and great at leading group dances and making sure that people were having fun! He was on top of it and serious about his job. I also can't say enough about Mike and Darthy, the owners. They helped with something for our wedding that was a little different and were willing to take it on. They helped when we needed something to show our video on and they were there with a smile to answer the million and one questions that I had. I can't recommend these guys enough. They really went the extra mile and I'm thankful that we chose them as a part of our big day. Thank you Connor, Darthy, and Mike for making our day one that we will never forget!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Nicole W

Loved our DJ Daniel! He was so fun and so easy to work with. I loved everything! The DJ booth and everything looked amazing! Thank you so much for everything!!!

2017-05-11T13:55:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We wish many years of happiness.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Sarah B

Truly Amazing. Way more then 5 star service. Had the crowd dancing all night. , and made my husband and i feel truly special with the VIP service.

2017-05-07T23:48:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you. We appreciate you as much as you appreciate each other. We wish you all the best!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Matt L

Lots of fun!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Amanda N

MicKing was so accommodating and helpful every step of the way! Mike was always available to take my phone calls and modify my plan along the way. On the day of, Chris and Colton were beyond amazing!! They handled and planned out everything. They understood and executed our... Read More unique music taste, they were extremely accommodating and friendly to our guests, and really took care of us as newlyweds. I would recommend them again and again.

2017-05-03T16:45:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We would like to wish you many years of happiness.

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Haley F

We were happy to have chosen Mic King to DJ the wedding reception for our daughter and were impressed with Daniel and Conner, who covered the event. The bride and groom appreciated being fully part of the process to pick music and order of events, along with helpful advice, and... Read More felt comfortable and listened to throughout the planning. Daniel and Conner were both professional, friendly, helpful, and easy to work with. We appreciated how well and efficiently they set up, ran the afternoon, and even packed up, and we received endless compliments about the music. They helped make the reception a really fun party — we would (and will) recommend these young men and Mic King in the future! -MOB

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Megan S

Cody and I were fortunate to meet Mike and Darthy through the 5K Wedding Run. They were a pleasure to work with and truly went above and beyond to ensure the success of the event. After the Spring 2016 5K Wedding Run event, they were one of the most complimented vendors from the... Read More brides/grooms that attended the event. When Cody and I got engaged, we knew we wanted to work with MIC King Music & Events! We were glad to have the opportunity to have two people we enjoy so much hosting and providing the entertainment for our big day. Mike even added trivia while dismissing our guests to the buffet line for dinner- which we loved! Everyone had a blast and everything ran smoothly. They are professional and will bring a lot of positive energy to your day. We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Kaitlyn E

Mike did an exceptional job with our wedding on 12/17. He was very clear about his services and what we should expect. Day-of he constantly went the extra mile to ensure that my family, friends, husband and I were fully taken care of. The music was perfect. He kept my guests on... Read More the dance floor- he played everything I wanted and he was super engaging! On that particular day it was very snowy and he went so far as to DRIVE MY GUESTS HOME! Where else can you find a DJ that will o that far above & beyond? As a wedding coordinator in a Private Club I work with DJs on a fairly regular basis and I would recommend Mic King Music above all else!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Jessica R

Chris did an amazing job DJing our reception, getting the party started and keeping people on the dance floor until the very end! From our first initial meeting with Chris, we knew he had the experience and style we were looking for. We loved that MIC King matched us with a DJ... Read More that matched our music style and vision for our reception. A good DJ can make or break a reception. We had no idea how vital they are to the flow of the evening until we worked with Mic King. They are crucial for things like greeting guests for your cocktail hour, coordinating with vendors (specifically photographers), and making sure the evening runs without a hitch. Our reason for giving 4 out of 5 stars is because it seemed like maybe multiple people were answering the main MIC King email. At times conversations got a little confusing. Overall though we would highly recommend MIC King Music and Events!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Danae B

If you are looking for a DJ, your search stops here Mike was excellent very professional and keeps the party going he goes above and beyond his DJ duties and makes sure wedding party and Bride and Groom are happy. I will be using him for my next events in the future . I was... Read More beyond happy with his services and I know he will continue to be successful because of his huge personality and he truly cares about your event because you chose him :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Amber R

MicKing Music did a great job with our wedding to make it a special and memorable day for us! I had so many guests tell us how awesome our DJ (Chris O) was. He kept everyone entertained while we had to take photos after the ceremony. He also kept our guests on the dance floor... Read More most of the evening. We were so surprised by the number of guests who stayed until the end of the reception to join us in our sparkler send off. Thank you for making our wedding absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Joshua B

Mic King was fantastic to work with! He has recieved many, many compliments from our guests! He goes above and beyond his duties. He enteracted with our guests and got on the dance floor and showed us his moves! He made sure that our whole wedding party had drinks the whole... Read More night! We cannot thank Mike and Darthy enough for everything they have done! The memories that Mike had created for us will be cherished for many many years.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Ryan B

Mike and his team are absolutely outstanding. They worked with my wedding planner to make my wife and I's wedding perfect. Daniel was our DJ and he really made our wedding special with his really outgoing personality and how he connected with our guests. The price was great and... Read More the value was even better. I would recommend them to anyone for any type of event, I know they would do an amazing job. Thanks again Mike!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Tiffany L

He went above and beyond! He did things I didn't even except like get food and snack while we took pictures, he also helped clear tables and refill drinks. He did many fun games with our guest and was great about getting people on the dance floor. I can't stress what a great job... Read More he did. I would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amanda B

I was unhappy at first as the price was raised a month before the wedding however they made it right. At the wedding, all of the guests loved the DJ. He was very professional, fun, played great music and kept everyone on the dance floor. I would pick them again without... Read More question.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Rachel M

I would recommend MIC King Music and Events. They are very flexible and can get you any song you for your event! At least they did for mine, and I had some really obscure video game music for my wedding. Before the reception, the DJ was very helpful in bringing us waters as we... Read More did photography and was good at keeping the reception/wedding on schedule with the program.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Sarah B

I have been coordinating weddings in the KC area for about 7 years now. I hadn't ever worked with MicKing, but was also never overly thrilled with any of the DJ's I had worked with. After reading reviews about MicKing and speaking with them at a Bridal Show - I decided to take a... Read More leap & book a vendor that I had not personally experienced before. Mike & Danny were the DJ's at our wedding. They were absolutely incredible. Mike worked with me multiple times before the wedding to make various 'mash-ups' for some surprise dances that I wanted to do! He was very quick in his responses, and very helpful and professional! When it comes to our wedding day - I really struggle to find the words to express how incredibly thankful I am for Mike & Danny. Mike made sure that I had a water bottle in my hand literally ALL DAY! He & Danny brought plates of fruit/snacks (without being asked) back to me & our bridal party before the ceremony - as we were all starved after taking pictures all day! He & Danny served my husband & I our dinners - as well as making sure we had drinks in our hands throughout the entire reception! (Even if it meant bringing us a drink out on the dance floor!) Mike & Danny went above and beyond 'just' being our DJ's. Mike put together a game to be played during the reception so that my husband & I could greet our guests. Let's just say that I STILL have people talking about how much FUN they had at our wedding! (I would highly recommend playing a game - the guests LOVED it and will not stop talking about it!!!!!) As a wedding coordinator, I could not have asked for a better DJ. MicKing Music & Events goes above and beyond providing music & entertainment. They REALLY care about their customers and treat you like royalty! I would HIGHLY recommend MicKing - you will not find a better DJ in the greater KC area!

Mike King

MIC King Music and Events is a small on purpose entertainment company who has built a reputation by putting clients first in every event we do. We have been DJing for over 18 years professionally. We take the stress of your shoulders but nothing out of your hands.