Award Winning Wedding Photography

Spontaneous, Candid and Journalistic styled photography. My goal is to tell the story of you and your day as I saw it all unfold in front of my lens. I personally take great pride in my photography. I am NOT a "chain studio" but an artist that is HONORED when chosen to capture your big day!

Artistic, Classic, Dramatic, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Chicago & Suburbs (773) 303-7055

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Rebecca S

Can't say enough how fabulous and stress free working with Michael was. I was planning a wedding from out of town (from Ohio, got married in Chicagoland) - from the outset everything (questions, general communication, signing contracts, and payments) was transparent, fully... Read More explained, easy, and responsive. Due to various constraints on my part, I actually did not meet Michael until my wedding day, when I was incredibly anxious because it was 30 minutes until the ceremony and my dress had been misplaced. He immediately presented himself as a calming but commanding presence and made the absolute best of the entire time we had with him. He easily organized our crazy family, listened to our requests, made himself "blend in" to the day, highlighted our quirky personalities, and STILL made sure we were thoroughly enjoying the day. He found amazing locations and shots for us, and captured everything we could have wanted. The photos were delivered promptly and turned out AMAZINGLY - I was so incredibly impressed. Overall fantastic all around ease & professionality of relationship, photo quality, and pricing. If you want an very professional photographer who values your business and input to create a beautiful story of your day - I can't recommend Michael highly enough.

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Jessica M

There is not much to say except that Michael Paul was phenomenal. We met with a few photographers, and obviously liked Michael Paul the best. He came to our home one evening to show us some of his work, what our album could look like, and to just talk. It wasn't a sales... Read More pitch, but rather just friendly conversation getting to know us, our story, the details, etc. We liked him immediately. What caught our eye was simple pricing instead of a million options, and the fact that he would be the one doing the photography at our wedding (as opposed to some of the larger shops which would provide us with someone from their stable of photographers). We did an engagement shoot (which we recommend if you are not used to being photographed extensively) and Michael and his 2nd photographer Jim worked with us to take our photos all over the west loop. There was really no shot he wasn't willing to get, even if it meant dodging cars to get it. On the day of the wedding Michael spent the morning with the bride, and Jim with guys, and then captured our first look. They kept us loose and helped with the nervousness throughout the first look then joined us on the party bus. They fit right in, cracking jokes and keeping the mood light. They ran a well-oiled machine when it came to our photos. We picked the locations, they came up with the shots, directed our large wedding party (17 people) efficiently and expertly, and even improvised a location that we hadn't thought of. Finally, they blended right in at the ceremony and reception, getting great shots without ever getting in the way. At the end of the night they came up and personally thanked us and then left. When we received our photos we couldn't have been happier. The quality is amazing and really captures our night, not only for us but for all of our family and friends. For us, finding a photographer that fit our personalities and style was just as important as the finished product. At the end of the day, you are basically hiring strangers to spend the day with you and your closest friends on your most important day. The highest compliment we can give is that not only did Michael deliver outstanding results, he and Jim are the type of people we would be happy to hang out and have a beer with under any circumstances (and we plan to!). If you just want hang out with some cool, down to earth people who happen to be able to expertly and beautifully capture your wedding and make it fun, we cannot recommend Michael Paul Photography enough. After we wrote this review we received our wedding photo album created by Michael and it is just stunning... it completely exceeded all expectations. Again we cannot recommend Michael Paul Photography enough.

LOVED OUR PHOTOS!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Cheryl G

Michael & Jim are great photographers, we LOVE our photos. They are a great duo captioning the day from different angles as the day flowed without being in “the way”. They were helpful as well, I recall Michael coming up to us saying “hey need a break… lets take some shots... Read More outside…” (I totally needed a break from all the attention by the time cocktail hour came around) They were patient (with the little kids I wanted in the shots), attention to detail and professional all the way. They got to know us throughout the day, they listened to us to have photos that reflected our FUN side. We have many great one of a kind group shots, we couldn’t of planned. When we need a photographer again we will definitely be calling them. We’ve already recommended people to them over and over. They are TOP NOTCH all the way in our book, from the first meeting to receiving our photos that will last a lifetime. Thanks Michael Paul Photographers!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Paula F

Words cannot express how happy and impressed my husband and I are with Michael. From the moment we met with him, we felt very comfortable and confident that our experience with him was going to be nothing but the best. Besides photographing our wedding, he did our engagement... Read More pictures also. Michael and his assistant Jim were amazing with our daughter and did an awesome job with our big bridal party. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Renata H

Michael Paul Photographers was an absolutely amazing choice as our wedding photographer. My husband and I had a fairly large wedding in downtown Chicago and it was a zoo dealing with crowds and traffic, etc. But Michael and his assistant were SO professional and navigated... Read More everything so well. They were really buttoned up and organized too, which we really appreciated since wedding planning has so many crazy things to keep track of. They did a great job of getting all the shots we wanted, showing up on time and acting professional, and providing us just what we were looking for in terms of photo quality. We could not recommend them more!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kevin M

I would highly recommend Michael Paul to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. We used them for our wedding and engagement photos and both experiences exceeded our expectations. Our photos and album turned out great and they accommodated every request we had. I think... Read More something that often gets overlooked with photographers is how they handle themselves during the day of the wedding. My wife and I have attended and been a part of dozens of weddings over the past few years, and we’ve seen both the good and the bad when it comes to wedding vendors. Michael and Jim were not only extremely professional, but they were a lot of fun to work with too. Our wedding day experience was very smooth, with Michael and Jim always being a step ahead of us to make sure they were in place to get the right shot at the right moment. They do a great job of finding the balance between making sure they are where they need to be to capture the things you want, while doing their best to blend in and not be overly bearing or intrusive. Unless we were taking a staged photo, I barely even noticed they were there. If I had to do it over I would choose them again without hesitation. The peace of mind knowing that everything will get handled efficiently and professionally is more than worth it! I cannot say enough about our experience and if you choose them I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Suzanne H

Michael and team were exceptional for our August White Eagle Golf Club wedding. They were a perfect combination of professionalism and fun. They were able to make the seemingly daunting task of wedding photography a seamless and relaxed process. They were very respectful to... Read More us, as well as our friends and family, and we heard nothing but positive and rave reviews of their approach. One of our biggest priorities was to have a feeling of non-intrusiveness, and they were able to balance that by always being there but never being noticed. No one was ever afraid of the camera, a testament to them. We can’t recommend them enough and are so satisfied with the artistic quality of the pictures and the quantity to choose from. Michael is very prompt in responding to questions regarding the album selection process. Such a pleasure to work with such a true professional. Hire with confidence!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Alyssa S

Michael Paul Photographers was the PERFECT choice for our wedding day! From the start, Michael was amazing to work with. He met my husband and I at a local restaurant and spent the first part of our conversation getting to know us as individuals and a couple, not just as a... Read More bride and groom. He has so much experience and gave us so many ideas for pictures and in organizing the flow of the day. We also LOVED that he would be our photographer; we wouldn't be getting someone we hadn't met . The day of our wedding, Michael and Jim were incredible. They were professional and friendly - constantly making us laugh! They helped us stay organized and on-time (a difficult task considering we had a bridal party of 22 AND 14 ring bearers and flower girls!). The pictures turned out beautiful!!! We got so many compliments about how they should be featured in a bridal magazine! If you are looking for an experienced and personal photographer, I cannot recommend Michael enough!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kristina F

Where do I begin? Michael met all of our expectations and more! His pictures tell the story of our special day beautifully. He captured every moment perfectly! He could not have been more easy to work with! From engagement photos to wedding photos, I could not have asked... Read More for a better photographer! I highly recommend him! And not to mention, he is fun!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Colleen S

Michael and his staff were EXCELLENT. Not only are there amazing photos of myself and my husband, but we also have wonderful photos of every single person that attended the wedding! Michael really captured the feeling of our event, and I am so happy we decided to book with MPP.... Read More Additionally, the photo album alone is worth booking the premium package. It's extremely high quality and would cost what we paid for the photography any where else. I planned my wedding from 2,000 miles away, and booked my vendors mainly via internet research followed by phone calls. I had a lot of technical questions about lighting as we had an NYE wedding and it was mainly dark out. Michael had the best answers of any of the photographers I interviewed, one of which wanted $10,000 for the equivalent package! On the day of MPP was efficient and took great photos, without wasting any time in the process. Our venue was really unique, and the photos captured why. We also have these amazing pictures of our midnight confetti falling with the amazing beamed ceiling! MPP gets my highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Gina M

Our experience this past year with Michael and Jim was nothing less than incredible. I watched them shoot my best friend’s wedding a year earlier and was so impressed I asked them for their information that evening – they didn’t even know I was looking for a photographer for my... Read More own wedding. We worked directly with Michael from start to finish who is personable, honest, and extremely talented. As the bride and groom he helped us feel special and comfortable both during our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. Our parents were equally impressed with his professionalism, organization, and poise. Our photos are absolutely beautiful and we are so proud to share our customized album with our family and friends. I can't reinforce how strongly I recommend Michael Paul Photography for any event. We are beyond grateful for Michael's hard work and seamless collaboration throughout the entire process.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Samantha R

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Michael Paul. We took our wedding and engagement photos with him and were very satisfied with both. The photos he takes are top quality, with plenty of candid moments and on top of that he is fun person to have around. Him... Read More and his partner did a great job of blending in throughout my wedding day. People had a hard time waiting a few weeks for the pictures they were so excited to see them.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Salinas R

Surpassed our expectations!! I want to say we absolutely LOVED our wedding pictures!! They were great to work with and they took care andbte to take the images we had requested and images we didn't even know we would love. We have gotten so many positive reviews on the... Read More photos. They were absolutely fabulous. Very professional, but very warm and friendly as well.. They became our family that night. It was truly a pleasure having them at our wedding.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Tyler R

Michael and Jim were beyond outstanding. The weather was terrible (rained all day) but it did not stop them from getting fantastic shots, keeping everything on schedule, and generally being in total control of the situation from start to finish. They were also very... Read More accommodating to our ideas and requests. The payment process was easy and our photos look great. I can't recommend Michael Paul enough.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Kristin W

Outstanding!!! I met with a few different photographers for our wedding day but I instantly clicked with Michael as soon as I met him. Upon our first meeting in a Starbucks, he was accommodating, professional, prepared and genuinely interested in what I envisioned my wedding... Read More pictures to capture. All of those things carried through until we got our photos and wedding album! I can't say enough great things about Michael and the photo's that came out of my wedding day on June 11th - they are simply stunning!! We get complimented constantly when people see our wedding photos and our album he put together for us. If you are looking for a photographer who goes above and beyond, and captures the key moments of your special day- trust me and book Michael!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Scott D

We were extremely happy to have chosen Michael and his partner to photograph our wedding! Michael brings a lot of experience and knowledge of the Chicagoland area and was willing to offer suggestions or locations for photos (even though he's not a wedding planner) . The day of,... Read More Michael and his partner were on time, professional and did a great job breaking the tension/stress. We loved how he was able to wrangle in the wedding party and keep everyone on time throughout the whole day. We absolutely LOVE the photos and he was timely with the wedding album. It was easy to make changes to the album and he was helpful a long the way, even on his holiday vacation! Overall, we couldn't be any happier!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Samantha J

Michael Paul is THE BEST! We were blown away by his skills and demeanor on our wedding day 3 weeks ago. He truly is an artist with a clear vision and direction for the entire wedding day. His sense of humor and clear experience made all the difference in the world in the midst... Read More of such an amazing, stressful and chaotic day ;) Between Michael and his 2nd photog, Jim, we knew we were in good hands. Before our wedding mass, we knew we were running behind on time. Everyone was a bit stressed, but Michael never showed any concern. He was the calm in that storm and I can't thank him enough for that. His flexibility in adding a second location to our shoot day off was greatly appreciated. Thanks to his suggestions and subtle cues for poses and expressions, I know our pictures will be PHENOMENAL! We can't wait to see how they all turn out. We'd recommend MP to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Erika K

I would definitely give Michael Paul Photographers 5 stars! We used Michael Paul for both our engagement and wedding photos. Michael has a keen eye for capturing the artistic beauty and character of the space/landscape, moment, and couple into every photo. We absolutely love... Read More these photos not only because they showcase extremely special moments in our lives but also for their artistic splendor. They are truly amazing artwork, and we could not be happier!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ivan M

Michael Paul is no doubt the best in wedding photography! We got lucky and was able to book Mike and his team for our wedding. The service we received was great and all of our guests love the photos. I highly recommend Mike and his team!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ivan M

Mike and his crew member Jim did a marvelous job for our wedding photography. They were professional, courteous, and know exactly what to do to capture all the moments. It was a great pleasure working with them. I would not hesitate to call them again for future photography... Read More needs and I highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Nikki B

Words cannot express how impressed how my husband and I feel about Micheal and Jim! They truely have a gift for this line of work. Everyone at the wedding kept giving us compliments on the photographers and how they were so professional and personable they were. Looking through... Read More all of the photos were taken brings me right back to our special day! I would recommend Micheal to everyone and anyone! I know we'll be using him again in the future.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Christine B

Amazing!! They made my day go smoothly and were easy and fun to work with. Organized, on time and worked well with my crazy family! Jim and mike are the best!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Gianna P

Where do I even begin. I found Michael Paul Photography while doing wedding research on the Knot. I ended up falling in love with his work and set up a meeting. Once I met Michael, I knew he was what I was looking for. His upbeat personality and attention to detail sold me. All... Read More was great from that point on. Michael arrived at my house on time and same with his other photographer. They both got right to business and kept the day flowing nice and smooth from getting ready pictures, to church and the reception. Michael was very attentive to my wants and desires for my wedding photos and the proof is in the work. The photos turned out beautifully!! Designing the album was hard, only because I wanted EVERY SINGLE photo. But with Michaels help, we designed a gorgeous album that my husband and I will cherish forever. Michael was not only a great photographer, but he even helped me stay calm on my wedding day....he was a relief to have around!!! I highly recommend Michael Paul Photograpy to anyone!!! Thank you for all your hard work Michael!!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Christine K

Our photos are beautiful! Couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Got all of the shots we wanted and more. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Katie L

I have worked with this pho graphed twice. Once as a member of the wedding party and then as the bride in my own wedding. From the first meeting to the big day I was able to plan and keep in contact with my photographer. The photos and photo album really captured all the moments... Read More of the wedding.

Michael Saukstelis

I LOVE what I do for a living. I'm sure you've heard the quote...if you can find a job that you love you'll never work a day in your life... Well I disagree with that entirely, because when you truly love your job, you work harder, longer, and with more passion. Because to me, photographing weddings is NOT a job...it's my passion and when the day is done and the images are delivered, it's MY NAME that's on everything that leaves my studio.