Photojournalistic Wedding Photography

Segal brings his professional experience as a fashion and celebrity photographer into the wedding itself. He shoots with a combination of classic film and digital cameras and captures images with spontaneity. He has worked with talents such as Kate Hudson, Carrie Underwood, and Christina Aguilera.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

2419 25th Street, Santa Monica+Destination, CA Santa Monica+Destination (310) 729-1134

Bravo and Beyond Compare....

Reviewed on 3/17/2015 Michael H

If I knew now what I didn't know BEFORE our wedding, we would not have set the date unless we knew that Michael Segal was available to photograph it. I kid you not. Do not set your wedding date unless you know Michael's available--it's just that simple. In the end, the... Read More photographs will be one of the most important decisions you make in archiving the day. To say that our pictures came out great, would be an understatement. What Michael is exceptional at, is figuring out who you are as a couple and really capturing the collective and individual personalities of you both. More so, he captures the emotion, fun and the very spirit of the day--not just of (and for) us, but of our entire guest list as well. There is no way we would be able to cherish the memory of the day without him. How does he do it? I'll tell you. He has a winning personality and he seems to really love what he does. There's no way the pictures would turn out as well as they did, if he did not. One last thing. Are you one if those people that thinks you never have a good picture taken of you? Not with Michael. Some of the best pictures ever taken of us occurred with Michael Segal. In fact of everyone at the wedding and reception looks great. By the way--Spend the extra money for the "studio kit". It's classy and well worth it--the guests LOVE it. An easy way for people have to have a great time celebrating your wedding (and something that will make your reception stand-out from the all the others). Come on, what are you waiting for? Call him--you will NOT be disappointed or regret it!!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Sheila G

I don't think you can find a better photographer than Michael Segal, especially someone who elegantly thinks outside the box when capturing moments, details and lighting. His skill as a photographer also stems from his personality, always ensuring a sincere smile that brings... Read More out the best of everyone. Our photos were absolutely stunning!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Andrew S

Michael is a fantastic filmmakers. His photographs and the album he created for us remain some of our favorite keepsakes. Michael and his team were recommended to us both by friends who'd gotten married in Southern California and by our wedding planner, and after seeing their... Read More previous work, we had no second thoughts. We couldn't have been happier with the decision. He was flexible, easy to work with, creative, and he and his crew blended right in. They immediately put us, our family, and our friends at ease, and, as a result, they captured us all at our best. The found so many moments that we otherwise would have missed, as well as all the highlights. They knew our venue perfectly, as well as the surrounding area (in Palm Springs) and this let them work quickly, efficiently, and, above all, beautifully, to make sure the result were the best they could be. Hire Michael! You'll thank yourself later.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Andrew S

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Ashley E

Michael Segal is the most fantastic and talented photographer ever!! He is so fun to be around and makes the entire process enjoyable and easy! Michael took photos at my rehearsal dinner and on my wedding day. I'm SO glad we had Michael for both days - best decision ever because... Read More Michael treated both occasions the same and made us (bride and groom) feel important and comfortable both evenings! I totally trusted him and always enjoyed seeing him work with the natural lighting and the surrounding elements. Michael is also very professional and wants to make sure that YOU are getting the photos that YOU want. He takes the time to listen to you and puts effort into understanding what is important to you and what is not as important to you and I really appreciated that about him. I am beyond THRILLED with how our wedding photos turned out! They were everything I had ever hoped for and imagined and I am just so, so happy. Photography for your wedding weekend should definitely be your top priority (since the photography will last you forever!) and you will not be disappointed by hiring Michael- I promise!!! He's simply the best of the best and no one else compares to his work, attention to detail, commitment to customer service and style. Plus, he's super experienced and has worked with so many amazing people in the past so I truly felt HONORED that Michael took the time to shoot our wedding and rehearsal dinner - it was so fun and we wouldn't have had it any other way :) Lastly, throughout the planning process, Michael and Sheila (his wonderful assistant) were very easy to get in touch with and would always respond very quickly to my questions. They are definitely a power team! Always very prompt, organized, efficient and kind. I highly recommend Michael!! He is so easy to work with and you're BEST bet is to hire him! He certainly won't let you down!!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Ashley E

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Michael B

Michael was our wedding photographer and it goes without saying that his work was absolutely excellent. But looking back, what really sets him apart is how brilliantly unobtrusive he is. He works so quickly and confidently, and it's never a chore or, even during the staged... Read More family shots. Many of our friends say they didn't even notice we had a Wedding photographer, and yet he captured all of them in wonderful, natural pictures. After watching so many friends struggle with demanding photographers who 'take over' the event, it was so wonderful to work with someone who has such a confident, laid back style. He is truly fantastic.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Taryn S

Michael Segal and his team helped make our wedding unforgettable with their professionalism and stunning pictures we now get to treasure forever. We shot our engagement shoot with Michael and connected with him right away on a personal level. If you're not used to being in front... Read More of the camera (like us) it can definitely feel awkward and he put us right at ease. He knew what to shoot, where to shoot, how to have us pose, etc... the pictures were spectacular. The hard part was picking what to use for our save the date! He didn't disappoint on the big day either. Our family, bridal party, and friends loved him and his team. We truly couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jennifer S

Michael Segal is the most talented photographer I have ever met. My husband and I feel blessed to have been introduced to him through our wedding planner, Tessa of Tessa Lyn Events. We were blown away and our expectations were shattered when we saw our wedding photos. Michael... Read More has an excellent way of getting to know the couple so he can capture moments in time that exhibit extreme emotion and joy. He was able to do the same with our families and friends. We are able to relive the best day of our lives every time we look at our pictures. Michael is full of positive energy and raw talent. He's a great addition to the party! We also had him shoot our engagement photos and from that point forward we knew we were in the most capable hands. The communication throughout the planning process was seamless. Sheila, Michael's assistant is a dream. The duo provides excellent customer service and pricing is very reasonable. I can't recommend Michael highly enough. He's given us a wonderful gift that we will cherish forever.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

I would hire Michael Segal again in a heartbeat. The photos were incredible and transport me right back to the day of the wedding. There were a combination of artsy Bride & Groom shots of the kind you might see in a magazine, as well as a general candid/editorial approach to... Read More the rest of the set. We paid for Michael Segal and one assistant, and we got two. All of them were a pleasure to work with. They were very easy-going and unobtrusive, and for much of the time I didn't even realize they were there. However, somehow they managed to capture everything. The bride got the jitters in the run up to the day about timing and logistics (we had a very long gap between ceremony and reception, and the contract was for 8 contiguous hours). Michael Segal full alleviated her concerns and was there throughout the entire day. Michael Segal is an interesting character and exudes a positive energy, putting his subject at ease. His team was extremely responsive to us both before, during, and after the wedding (which was appreciated as we had radio silence from some of our other wedding vendors after committing the deposit). Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Teresa F

Michael Segal is an amazing photographer! I have always dreamed of having our wedding published in a magazine and thanks to Michael's amazing photos, our wedding was published in Grace Ormande Wedding Style, Fall/Winter 2016! Happy Bride and Groom!!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Kristina S

We loved working with Michael Segal and his entire team. Being a cinematographer myself I was extremely meticulous in finding a photographer for our wedding and additional events. When I came across Michael I right away caught on to his artistic approach, appreciation for... Read More photography and most importantly an eye for capturing emotion. His approach to wedding photography is very unique in the sense that he observes and captures the moment/ the personalities rather then only making things pretty. That and his fun, friendly and excited personality were the reasons we choose to work with him. He brings something to pictures that nobody else does: feeling & character. Almost working like a documentarian, but with the highest aesthetic standards and a keen eye, his work did not disappoint. And on top of it all working with Michael was an absolute pleasure. He helped my husband who is not comfortable in front of the camera to relax and be at ease. The photos of our wedding beat our expectations, which were set very high. Michael’s and Jeremy’s (second photographer) work really captured the fun had by everyone at our events, as well as the uniqueness of everyone’s personalities. The entire team was friendly, helpful, professional, punctual, and fun every step of the way. From a professional to a professional I congratulate Michael Segal Photography for his exceptional work and recommend him for your upcoming event needs.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Sarah M

We had our engagement photos taken by Michael which were unbelievably AMAZING, followed by our wedding this last weekend. I can't say enough wonderful things about both Michael and Jenna. They made our day so relaxing and fun, it was like being with great friends. Along with... Read More being professional, patient, and sweet, we just saw a sneak peek of our photos and they are beyond what we could've ever imagined. What an incredible talent! We are so excited to see the rest of our photos. Michael and Jenna, you're absolutely best and we can't thank you enough!!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Bryce L

Amazing! Michael is a very gifted artist, and your relationship with your wedding photographer should be a personal one. Michael will make sure that that is the case. And the results of that personal relationship are amazing photographs that you will have for the rest of your... Read More life . My husband and I felt a very personal connection with Michael when he was recommended by our wedding planner. After meeting him, and seeing his work, we didn't even talk to any other photographers. If you want someone who takes their job very seriously, but doesn't take themselves very seriously, Michael is your guy. His attention to detail, ability to instill calm and yet remain very organized is a remarkable gift. I can't really imagine our wedding day without him, but he was also a very quiet and non-obtrusive presence. He very calmly and cooly did his job, and the results, we believe, were amazing. In the end, you are hiring an artist to capture very personal events. I couldn't recommend anyone more highly for that very important job than Michael Segal. He is a wonderfully patient, kind and gifted soul with unbelievable talent.

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

Michael Segal Weddings photographed two events during our wedding weekend, Michael Segal and his assistant caught some of the most amazing moments, and the beauty of the venue and our guests. They were very easy to work with and helped us through the stressful pre-wedding... Read More hours. The photo studio was a blast at the ceremony, and the pictures are priceless. Our photo studio pictures from Michael Segal Weddings will be treasures for many of our guests.

Reviewed on 1/07/2016

I work in photography and so I was worried about getting a wedding photographer I would like. But I didn't want to force my photographer friends to have to work. Michael Segal replied immediately from the get go. He also seemed sincerely happy for us on our big day. The... Read More pictures were stunning and his highly responsive studio turned around prints and albums in no time. For a bride working full time and with very picky taste in photography, this was a tough one and Michael Segal Photography totally nailed it. The pricing was fair for all they did. My photographer friends urged me to splurge on the best portfolio and they were right. Not only that, Michael really responded to what my particular tastes and my needs were. Every bride is different. He listened to the pictures I responded most to in his portfolio and really delivered in the spirit of that work. I hope I don't get married again, but Michael Segal would be my photographer of choice if I ever did!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Rachel W

Michael is an extraordinary photographer and an absolute pleasure to spend time with! Our engagement photos turned out even better than we could have possibly dreamed. He is professional, passionate and truly took the time to manifest our vision! He and his team are top notch! I... Read More cannot wait to have him photograph our wedding! He is true magic!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I've worked with Michael many times in the past 18 months and have to say he is one of the best in this industry. He is fun, easygoing, and uses natural light to get beautiful shots that the client always seems happy with. I look forward to many more with him.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 TL S

I love working with Michael Segal. He and I have done 3 weddings together and he knocks it out of the park every single time. Its my job to make clients happy and his photos do just that!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Elizabeth P

Michael Segal is without a doubt the most talented and professional photographer. If you are still in the process of looking for someone to capture your wedding stop looking and go with Michael. No one compares to Michael and will capture your relationship the way he can. My... Read More husband and I met with many other photographers and we knew the moment after meeting Michael that he was perfect for us. We were completely blown away by our engagement and wedding pictures. Michael and his team were so professional and fun to work with. They went above and beyond to make our wedding special and capture an unforgettable day. I cannot say enough good things about Michael Segal. Our photos were the most important thing to us and he surely did not disappoint.

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Gavin F

I truly can’t say enough wonderful things about Michael. My wedding photos are BEYOND gorgeous and BEYOND my wildest dreams. Michael captured the most precious and wonderful memory of my life in the most beautiful way. Each and every picture precisely captured the beauty, love... Read More and joy of the entire weekend. I am loving reliving every moment through Michael’s pictures as my husband and I will continue to do forever. Furthermore, working with Michael from our engagement photos to the big day was an absolute pleasure and I truly can’t say enough positive things about his personality, energy, passion, professionalism and talent. Saying the experience and the photos are absolutely magnificent is truly an understatement!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Sarah T

Michael Segal is a master and one of a kind. I just had my wedding this past weekend and Michael was the most amazing photographer. He is truly an artist and sees the picture before anyone else does! His energy is contagious and helps the bride and groom relax and take better... Read More photos. Somehow, he is able to bring out natural poses and facial expressions in people and the pictures turn out phenomenal. The photos we have seen so far an unbelievable and I could not have asked for more!! He is truly magical and I cant wait to have other celebrations for him to shoot again.

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

Hiring Michael was hands-down the best decision we made in connection with our wedding. Not only did he take the most natural, gorgeous, aspirational, PERFECT wedding photos, he is an absolute pleasure to be around and added to the fun. My friends and family are still talking... Read More about how amazing he is. I think it's rare that you have the opportunity to work with a true artist and Michael is nothing short of an artist. To boot, he is a consummate professional. Every step of the process was easy and stress-free (even though we flew him to Tulum, which could have been a pain but wasn't). Sheila is incredibly organized and responsive. Hire Michael. You'll be happy you did.

A VERY MAGICAL EXPERIENCE

Reviewed on 4/05/2015

My husband and I were planning a trip to Palm Springs to celebrate our 10 years of marriage. I knew I wanted to do something special, and memorable. We thought about renewing our vows, but wedding/ten year anniversary photos in the desert sounded more fun and memorable. I... Read More checked a few websites for wedding types of photographers, and I found Michael. His work looked perfect for what we were hoping for. Our experience with Michael was everything I was hoping for, and even more. He was fun and professional (with a lot of personality)! Our pictures are sensational, and he made me look like a model! He has a "technique" while shooting that gets his subjects to smile more intensely than any other photographer we have worked with (eight or ten), but I will keep his secret, and you can find out for yourself about "his "technique" that was so fun for my husband and I to work with. The even more surprising thing was that my husband had fun with the experience, and would love to do it again - now, that is saying something! I totally recommend, and I can't wait for another opportunity to work with him again. Cristiane

Incredible Pics!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014

I could not have been happier working with anyone else. Michael Segal Photography delivered exactly what I wanted at every step of the way. They were prompt and professional in our communication and planning early in the process. Michael and team were incredible to work with... Read More on the day of - funny and interesting and totally took the pressure off so we could all have an amazing and FUN time together on our special day. They took control and managed everything. They had a very personal touch and I so appreciated that both Michael and his associate Steph made it a point to say goodbye to me before they finished shooting and left the reception. And the pictures are phenomenal! They are exactly what I wanted. The pictures are unique and interesting and beautiful. They captured so many different, special moments of the day between me, my husband, our families and our guests. Every time I look through the pictures I find new favorites! Sheila, the studio manager has been really wonderful to work with as I picked out my prints and album. It really has been an incredible experience start to finish.