Michael Segal Weddings

Santa Monica+Destination

Photojournalistic Wedding Photography

Segal brings his professional experience as a fashion and celebrity photographer into the wedding itself. He shoots with a combination of classic film and digital cameras and captures images with spontaneity. He has worked with talents such as Kate Hudson, Carrie Underwood, and Christina Aguilera.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

2419 25th Street, Santa Monica+Destination, CA Santa Monica+Destination (310) 729-1134

Bravo and Beyond Compare....

Reviewed on 3/17/2015 Michael H

If I knew now what I didn't know BEFORE our wedding, we would not have set the date unless we knew that Michael Segal was available to photograph it. I kid you not. Do not set your wedding date unless you know Michael's available--it's just that simple. In the end, the... Read More photographs will be one of the most important decisions you make in archiving the day. To say that our pictures came out great, would be an understatement. What Michael is exceptional at, is figuring out who you are as a couple and really capturing the collective and individual personalities of you both. More so, he captures the emotion, fun and the very spirit of the day--not just of (and for) us, but of our entire guest list as well. There is no way we would be able to cherish the memory of the day without him. How does he do it? I'll tell you. He has a winning personality and he seems to really love what he does. There's no way the pictures would turn out as well as they did, if he did not. One last thing. Are you one if those people that thinks you never have a good picture taken of you? Not with Michael. Some of the best pictures ever taken of us occurred with Michael Segal. In fact of everyone at the wedding and reception looks great. By the way--Spend the extra money for the "studio kit". It's classy and well worth it--the guests LOVE it. An easy way for people have to have a great time celebrating your wedding (and something that will make your reception stand-out from the all the others). Come on, what are you waiting for? Call him--you will NOT be disappointed or regret it!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Eden L

Is there a way to give a million stars? Michael and his amazing wife flew to Cancun to shoot not only my wedding, hit three other insanely fun photo shoots (including two sunrise shoots and one in a jungle! A frickin jungle!) I could not love this guy more...My hubby and I were... Read More comfortable with him from the first second (maybe because we hung out at a bar and drank together the night before) and had the best time in front of the camera! And the pictures...omg. Anyway, could talk about Michael for hours but long story short the second I'm ready for some maternity I know who I'm calling. Xo!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Jamie G

Michael was our wedding photographer at Shutters on the Beach and he was amazing. He was a blast to work with and he was really able to capture the feeling of the day with stunning pictures. Michael came to Shutters the day before the wedding to scope out the best places for... Read More family photos, bride portraits, and for our first look. He thinks outside the box to create photos that are fun and exciting. He did a spectacular job and we highly recommend him!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Katia S

I mean, if anyone ever deserved infinite stars it would be Michael. I HATE being photographed and yet, my engagement photos and wedding photos ended up being the most beautiful of anyone I know. With Michael you'll get an album of eye candy, but what I love most about his... Read More photos is that they make you feel like you are right there in the moment, like a time machine. Isn't that really what pictures are at the end of the day? Never once have I seen memories captured the way Michael does. He's a genius! Take it from me, someone who has a deep fear of settling for ordinary when things can be extraordinary, he's THE BEST and I thank my lucky stars every time I see my pictures that he was our photographer.

Reviewed on 12/22/2017 Meghan R

Other than your spouse, Michael will be the most important part of your wedding. Do not skimp on the photographer, your photos will be one of the only things from your big day that lasts forever (besides, you know, your love). My husband and I are super awkward in front of a... Read More camera but Michael made us look like Will and Kate. We shot photos on the Colorado Street bridge in the middle of a bright hot day, but by the time Michael was done with it that hot and dusty highway off ramp looked like a fairy tale setting. He is truly a master and also extremely fun and sets everyone at ease. I can't say enough about Michael and I'm forever grateful we were able to book him. I agree with the other reviewer who said don't book your wedding date unless you know Michael is available!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Kristen E

I booked Michael 9 months prior to my wedding. I specifically wanted him as my primary photographer. Less than 2 months from my wedding date, Michael cancelled due to Avon needing him for a longer period of time than they originally booked him for. John Boone of Boone Studios... Read More stepped in (I HIGHLY recommend him), and he really made our wedding day special. What Michael did was unprofessional, and he never bothered to personally apologize; his assistant did it, and it wasn't genuine.

2017-11-07T15:29:08 Response from the vendor

Yes, its true that I had to cancel this wedding, and I am very sorry that this happened. As a professional photographer, this was the first time in my career that a situation occurred in advance of a wedding date. I have been the lead... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Claudia A

Absolutely stunning photos! Michael Segal is top notch! My fiancé and I had our engagement photos and also our wedding photos booked with Michael Segal and his amazing team (Jenna and Nikki) They were professional, organized, fun and knew all the important shots to take. I took... Read More photos in Laguna for my engagement shoot and in San Juan Capistrano for the wedding and Jenna was super knowledgeable about where to find all the best shots. They sent me an amazing link to a webpage where all the pictures could be accessed by my family and also usb with all my pictures as well. I would definitely recommend to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Patricia H

He rocks! He came highly recommended and didn't disappoint. We could not be happier with our photos!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Sheila G

I don't think you can find a better photographer than Michael Segal, especially someone who elegantly thinks outside the box when capturing moments, details and lighting. His skill as a photographer also stems from his personality, always ensuring a sincere smile that brings... Read More out the best of everyone. Our photos were absolutely stunning!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Andrew S

Michael is a fantastic filmmakers. His photographs and the album he created for us remain some of our favorite keepsakes. Michael and his team were recommended to us both by friends who'd gotten married in Southern California and by our wedding planner, and after seeing their... Read More previous work, we had no second thoughts. We couldn't have been happier with the decision. He was flexible, easy to work with, creative, and he and his crew blended right in. They immediately put us, our family, and our friends at ease, and, as a result, they captured us all at our best. The found so many moments that we otherwise would have missed, as well as all the highlights. They knew our venue perfectly, as well as the surrounding area (in Palm Springs) and this let them work quickly, efficiently, and, above all, beautifully, to make sure the result were the best they could be. Hire Michael! You'll thank yourself later.

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Ashley E

Michael Segal is the most fantastic and talented photographer ever!! He is so fun to be around and makes the entire process enjoyable and easy! Michael took photos at my rehearsal dinner and on my wedding day. I'm SO glad we had Michael for both days - best decision ever because... Read More Michael treated both occasions the same and made us (bride and groom) feel important and comfortable both evenings! I totally trusted him and always enjoyed seeing him work with the natural lighting and the surrounding elements. Michael is also very professional and wants to make sure that YOU are getting the photos that YOU want. He takes the time to listen to you and puts effort into understanding what is important to you and what is not as important to you and I really appreciated that about him. I am beyond THRILLED with how our wedding photos turned out! They were everything I had ever hoped for and imagined and I am just so, so happy. Photography for your wedding weekend should definitely be your top priority (since the photography will last you forever!) and you will not be disappointed by hiring Michael- I promise!!! He's simply the best of the best and no one else compares to his work, attention to detail, commitment to customer service and style. Plus, he's super experienced and has worked with so many amazing people in the past so I truly felt HONORED that Michael took the time to shoot our wedding and rehearsal dinner - it was so fun and we wouldn't have had it any other way :) Lastly, throughout the planning process, Michael and Sheila (his wonderful assistant) were very easy to get in touch with and would always respond very quickly to my questions. They are definitely a power team! Always very prompt, organized, efficient and kind. I highly recommend Michael!! He is so easy to work with and you're BEST bet is to hire him! He certainly won't let you down!!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Michael B

Michael was our wedding photographer and it goes without saying that his work was absolutely excellent. But looking back, what really sets him apart is how brilliantly unobtrusive he is. He works so quickly and confidently, and it's never a chore or, even during the staged... Read More family shots. Many of our friends say they didn't even notice we had a Wedding photographer, and yet he captured all of them in wonderful, natural pictures. After watching so many friends struggle with demanding photographers who 'take over' the event, it was so wonderful to work with someone who has such a confident, laid back style. He is truly fantastic.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Taryn S

Michael Segal and his team helped make our wedding unforgettable with their professionalism and stunning pictures we now get to treasure forever. We shot our engagement shoot with Michael and connected with him right away on a personal level. If you're not used to being in front... Read More of the camera (like us) it can definitely feel awkward and he put us right at ease. He knew what to shoot, where to shoot, how to have us pose, etc... the pictures were spectacular. The hard part was picking what to use for our save the date! He didn't disappoint on the big day either. Our family, bridal party, and friends loved him and his team. We truly couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jennifer S

Michael Segal is the most talented photographer I have ever met. My husband and I feel blessed to have been introduced to him through our wedding planner, Tessa of Tessa Lyn Events. We were blown away and our expectations were shattered when we saw our wedding photos. Michael... Read More has an excellent way of getting to know the couple so he can capture moments in time that exhibit extreme emotion and joy. He was able to do the same with our families and friends. We are able to relive the best day of our lives every time we look at our pictures. Michael is full of positive energy and raw talent. He's a great addition to the party! We also had him shoot our engagement photos and from that point forward we knew we were in the most capable hands. The communication throughout the planning process was seamless. Sheila, Michael's assistant is a dream. The duo provides excellent customer service and pricing is very reasonable. I can't recommend Michael highly enough. He's given us a wonderful gift that we will cherish forever.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

I would hire Michael Segal again in a heartbeat. The photos were incredible and transport me right back to the day of the wedding. There were a combination of artsy Bride & Groom shots of the kind you might see in a magazine, as well as a general candid/editorial approach to... Read More the rest of the set. We paid for Michael Segal and one assistant, and we got two. All of them were a pleasure to work with. They were very easy-going and unobtrusive, and for much of the time I didn't even realize they were there. However, somehow they managed to capture everything. The bride got the jitters in the run up to the day about timing and logistics (we had a very long gap between ceremony and reception, and the contract was for 8 contiguous hours). Michael Segal full alleviated her concerns and was there throughout the entire day. Michael Segal is an interesting character and exudes a positive energy, putting his subject at ease. His team was extremely responsive to us both before, during, and after the wedding (which was appreciated as we had radio silence from some of our other wedding vendors after committing the deposit). Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Teresa F

Michael Segal is an amazing photographer! I have always dreamed of having our wedding published in a magazine and thanks to Michael's amazing photos, our wedding was published in Grace Ormande Wedding Style, Fall/Winter 2016! Happy Bride and Groom!!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Kristina S

We loved working with Michael Segal and his entire team. Being a cinematographer myself I was extremely meticulous in finding a photographer for our wedding and additional events. When I came across Michael I right away caught on to his artistic approach, appreciation for... Read More photography and most importantly an eye for capturing emotion. His approach to wedding photography is very unique in the sense that he observes and captures the moment/ the personalities rather then only making things pretty. That and his fun, friendly and excited personality were the reasons we choose to work with him. He brings something to pictures that nobody else does: feeling & character. Almost working like a documentarian, but with the highest aesthetic standards and a keen eye, his work did not disappoint. And on top of it all working with Michael was an absolute pleasure. He helped my husband who is not comfortable in front of the camera to relax and be at ease. The photos of our wedding beat our expectations, which were set very high. Michael’s and Jeremy’s (second photographer) work really captured the fun had by everyone at our events, as well as the uniqueness of everyone’s personalities. The entire team was friendly, helpful, professional, punctual, and fun every step of the way. From a professional to a professional I congratulate Michael Segal Photography for his exceptional work and recommend him for your upcoming event needs.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Sarah M

We had our engagement photos taken by Michael which were unbelievably AMAZING, followed by our wedding this last weekend. I can't say enough wonderful things about both Michael and Jenna. They made our day so relaxing and fun, it was like being with great friends. Along with... Read More being professional, patient, and sweet, we just saw a sneak peek of our photos and they are beyond what we could've ever imagined. What an incredible talent! We are so excited to see the rest of our photos. Michael and Jenna, you're absolutely best and we can't thank you enough!!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Bryce L

Amazing! Michael is a very gifted artist, and your relationship with your wedding photographer should be a personal one. Michael will make sure that that is the case. And the results of that personal relationship are amazing photographs that you will have for the rest of your... Read More life . My husband and I felt a very personal connection with Michael when he was recommended by our wedding planner. After meeting him, and seeing his work, we didn't even talk to any other photographers. If you want someone who takes their job very seriously, but doesn't take themselves very seriously, Michael is your guy. His attention to detail, ability to instill calm and yet remain very organized is a remarkable gift. I can't really imagine our wedding day without him, but he was also a very quiet and non-obtrusive presence. He very calmly and cooly did his job, and the results, we believe, were amazing. In the end, you are hiring an artist to capture very personal events. I couldn't recommend anyone more highly for that very important job than Michael Segal. He is a wonderfully patient, kind and gifted soul with unbelievable talent.

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

Michael Segal Weddings photographed two events during our wedding weekend, Michael Segal and his assistant caught some of the most amazing moments, and the beauty of the venue and our guests. They were very easy to work with and helped us through the stressful pre-wedding... Read More hours. The photo studio was a blast at the ceremony, and the pictures are priceless. Our photo studio pictures from Michael Segal Weddings will be treasures for many of our guests.

Reviewed on 1/07/2016

I work in photography and so I was worried about getting a wedding photographer I would like. But I didn't want to force my photographer friends to have to work. Michael Segal replied immediately from the get go. He also seemed sincerely happy for us on our big day. The... Read More pictures were stunning and his highly responsive studio turned around prints and albums in no time. For a bride working full time and with very picky taste in photography, this was a tough one and Michael Segal Photography totally nailed it. The pricing was fair for all they did. My photographer friends urged me to splurge on the best portfolio and they were right. Not only that, Michael really responded to what my particular tastes and my needs were. Every bride is different. He listened to the pictures I responded most to in his portfolio and really delivered in the spirit of that work. I hope I don't get married again, but Michael Segal would be my photographer of choice if I ever did!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Rachel W

Michael is an extraordinary photographer and an absolute pleasure to spend time with! Our engagement photos turned out even better than we could have possibly dreamed. He is professional, passionate and truly took the time to manifest our vision! He and his team are top notch! I... Read More cannot wait to have him photograph our wedding! He is true magic!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I've worked with Michael many times in the past 18 months and have to say he is one of the best in this industry. He is fun, easygoing, and uses natural light to get beautiful shots that the client always seems happy with. I look forward to many more with him.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 TL S

I love working with Michael Segal. He and I have done 3 weddings together and he knocks it out of the park every single time. Its my job to make clients happy and his photos do just that!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Elizabeth P

Michael Segal is without a doubt the most talented and professional photographer. If you are still in the process of looking for someone to capture your wedding stop looking and go with Michael. No one compares to Michael and will capture your relationship the way he can. My... Read More husband and I met with many other photographers and we knew the moment after meeting Michael that he was perfect for us. We were completely blown away by our engagement and wedding pictures. Michael and his team were so professional and fun to work with. They went above and beyond to make our wedding special and capture an unforgettable day. I cannot say enough good things about Michael Segal. Our photos were the most important thing to us and he surely did not disappoint.