Welcome to Michele Bridal!

Our philosophy is that appearance should not have to be sacrificed for price or quality. Michele - A Bridal Boutique is a perfect "marriage" of style and affordability. With our striking interior, large dressing rooms, perfect lighting and comfortable lounge, Michele - A Bridal Boutique is a calm haven sitting atop the shoreline of the Long Island Sound. We are proud to offer today's most sought after dress designers for brides, mother of the occasion, or simply an elegant affair – all with expert service and personal care. We look forward to meeting you!

Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

1587 Boston Post Rd, Westbrook, CT (860) 399-2231
INSTAGRAM

Love Lissa. Quaint and amazing alterations!

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Jessica A

these women not only saved me money but saved me stress. They get you in and out of your dress and treat you like royalty throughout the entire process. I had been to 4 different shops, even in New Jersey and couldn't find "the one." I didn't think a small shop would have... Read More it...but they did! I cannot say enough about Lissa, Marissa and Amie. they always provided bottled water, advice, helped me pick my shoes (out of the 8 i ordered!) and I brought in 6 pairs of earrings. they helped with everything, even on days I was irritable. I grew so close with them throughout this process that we made the decision, 3 weeks before the wedding, to invite them. keep in mind we were paying for everything ourselves... I couldn't imagine not having them there when we exchanged our vows. My Mom grew up running my Grandmothers bridal shop for over 20yrs. Mom is VERY picky about alterations and grilled Lissa before letting me buy my dress. haha. she's meticulous with her work and helped me find a gorgeous cost effective dress. words cannot express my gratitude. thank you ladies!

So Wonderful

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Felicity N

The whole experience from the day I walked in to the day I took my dress home was so special and I was always treated like a Bride. My dress had a lot of alterations and came out so beautiful and fit amazing, I couldn't have found a more wonderful dress experience than at this... Read More boutique, loved the girls and the atmosphere was so elegant also!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Melissa P

I searched high and low to find the perfect wedding dress... and found the dress of my dreams here at Michele's! I liked the personal attention that Krista and her staff provided. In addition, the atmosphere of the boutique was sophisticated and the selection of designers and... Read More gowns was top notch! I jumped up and down when I tried on "my" wedding dress and knew it was "the one"! That was truly an amazing moment which set the stage for a truly amazing wedding day... perfect dress, perfect guy, perfect day!!!!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Amanda D

I had such an amazing experience at Michele Bridal. Julie went above and beyond in helping me find my perfect dress! This was my first shop and the first dress that I tried on I fell in love with! I highly recommend this shop!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Gregory L

Customer service is beyond 5 stars if I could rate it higher. I previously bought my dress back in February and I was looking forward to discussing little details. I met with Julie and she helped me fall in love with my dress as the way it is designed. While previously I felt... Read More like the dress needed more, she helped me realize what I was looking for in a dress was in front of me. She took the time to explain areas of the dress and how beautifully they were designed, rather than telling me it was “unfinished” and needed more. She noticed the small details that make a big difference. I felt that even though I didn’t purchase my dress when Julie was here, she treated me as if I did. Julie’s enthusiasm for dresses and the excitement she has for brides makes this a salon worth checking out for yourself. Julie’s passion shines through in the way she talks about a dress, takes the time to listen to your wants, and wants you to you to feel comfortable throughout the whole process. I highly recommend You take the time to meet with Julie. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Nicole S

If I could give Julie 10 stars I would. Julie truly was my fairy godmother. She worked to get my dream dress into her store and I was able to say yes to my dress. Julie made the experience for my large party feel special. She offered champagne and plenty of seating for everyone.... Read More I highly recommend working with Julie.

2017-12-02T14:49:37 Response from the vendor

Hi Nicole! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for me! You guys were so much fun to work with and I'm so glad I could make the "Unicorn" dress yours!!! It's perfect! xoxo, Julie

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Deidre D

This place is amazing. The shop is beautiful inside. I had a wonderful experience and Julie made it very special. Every dress I tried on was gorgeous. I found my stunning wedding dress here. I can't wait for the big day.

2017-12-02T14:50:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!! I had just as much fun as you did! I can't wait for accessory time! xoxo, Julie

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Lexys V

Julie was absolutely AMAZING! I wasn't the one buying a dress, but seeing how she helped my aunt I will without a doubt go to her to get my dress. She made the process so much fun & stress free. This job was made for her!

2017-12-02T14:51:43 Response from the vendor

Lexy thank you so much for bringing Deirdre in! You 4 were such a riot! I can't wait to see her on her big day! Xoxo, Julie

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Joan S

My daughter planned a day of dress shopping with myself, her cousin MOH and two aunts. We were at another shop earlier and she thought she found the one, however we used it as “ the one to beat”. We walked in and met Julie who immediately made us feel at home and no pressure.... Read More She knew we had the one, maybe. Julie tried on about 4 dresses on my daughter and she wasn’t feeling it. She said, I have a brand new style , just came in and I think you will love it! Well she tried it on and we all had the moment I had hoped she would experience. The dress was so elegant and really painted the picture of the special bride she was meant to be. We did a veil, some jewelry and I had that wow this is it moms moment,we all had a tear and knew she had found her dress. We were given some champagne and celebrated with Julie! I would highly recommend Michele’s Bridal and hope that Julie continues with great success. She knows the industry and her special talent for having a vision sis sso refreshing. You will not be disappointed!

2017-11-17T13:51:55 Response from the vendor

Oh wow this is such a special review to me. Thank you so much for taking the time. You, your daughter and your family were such a pleasure to work with! I hope to see you again soon ANDDD I just got like, 13 new... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Jessica W

Julie was an absolute pleasure to work with! She reached out to me after I scheduled a tour at the Water's Edge and her email was unlike all the spam wedding mail I have received once I got engaged. She made it personal and was so enthusiastic and sweet that I couldn't resist... Read More going to check out the boutique. I originally was going to go alone and she made me feel comfortable with any decision I made, including that one. I ended up bringing 2 of my girlfriends with me and she greeted us with champagne and made the experience wonderful. It was my first time looking at wedding dresses, so I didn't purchase anything that day, but her customer service is unparalleled compared to some of the vendors I have checked out in NYC. In the end, I did not get my wedding dress there nor did I book my wedding at the Water's Edge, but she still reached out to me congratulating me on finding the one even though it was not with her, which I thought was very nice. I will likely go back to check out mother of the bride and grandmother of the bride dresses!! Highly recommend!

2017-11-17T13:56:43 Response from the vendor

Jessica! That was such a nice review-Thank you so much! I'm so happy you found the dress of your dreams! That's the goal! I'll shoot you over an email for your mom, mother in law and gram when my shipment of new dresses is complete.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Stacy R

I had such an amazing experience here! This was actually my first bridal salon so I wasn’t sure that I’d find anything I liked on the first go. But I ended up saying yes to the dress that same day! Julie was absolutely amazing and so friendly, I felt like we’d known each other... Read More for years! She helped me narrow down my choices and could instantly tell when I did or didn’t like something. She was very knowledgeable and talked me through every step. The salon itself is small but all the dresses are high quality. Best part - she was able to give me a huge discount to stay within my budget!! I highly highly recommend this place if you want a true personal experience! Thank you Julie!!! -Stacy

2017-11-17T13:52:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Stacy! I appreciate you taking the time to write this! You guys were so much fun to work with! I call you soon for accessories! Julie

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Jennifer M

As a former client of Julie's I can honestly say that she helped me in finding the dress of my DREAMS! Oh wait, not only the dress, but the veil and all of my accessories as well. Julie took the time to sit down with me, discuss all of my options, and then helped me try on quite... Read More a few dresses (but of course she was able to narrow it down so well that I believe I found my dress on the 3rd try on). She took care of everything, literally everything. She is so knowledgeable about everything wedding! Talked me through how to wrap my cathedral veil around my arm, when to get my dress bustled, literally everything, she was like my own personal bridal consultant. She truly loves what she does and never once made me feel pressured or rushed. She would be the first person I recommend to ANYONE for wedding dress shopping, no hesitation! Thank you, Julie, for making my experience so amazing and for helping me find the dress/veil/accessories of my dreams. I honestly cannot thank you enough! Xo Jennifer

2017-11-17T13:54:16 Response from the vendor

Aww Jennifer this made me feel so warm! Brides and people like you are what makes my job so easy and rewarding! We need to stay in touch! XOXO, Julie

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Lauren H

I had a wonderful experience with Michele - A Bridal Boutique. This is the second wedding in my family that we have used them for. The seamstress is wonderful although they no longer have her working there.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Ashley C

I've been to many bridal boutiques and salons before coming to this one. Some were good; others not so much. But I just didn't see the dress I envisioned for myself. This is a small boutique but was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a dress that is classy enough for a... Read More church wedding; yet different than your traditional wedding dress. After some browsing, I found 3 dresses to try on. The first dress I tried on of the three was it. The moment I saw it, I knew it's what I was looking for. Finding my dress was such a great feeling but that isn't the only thing that makes this boutique a great find and a place to look for your dress. Katherine the owner is phenomenal! She made me feel like I was her best friend and she wanted me to enjoy the moment of looking for a dress. She went above and beyond to make sure I got the veil I tried on with my dress too. She also is going to allow me to have my future mother in law come in to see me in the dress and book another appointment for me to do that in one of her busiest times of the year! The superb service I got from this one appointment makes me 120% certain I am buying my dress at the right place. I can't wait to put this dress on again, do the alterations and get married wearing this dress. I highly recommend to anyone who wants a bridal dress experience that is one of a kind to come here.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Heather S

Pam and Lissa at "Michele a bridal boutique in Westbrook, ct" are nothing but two amazing ladies! Thanks to them I found the dress of my dreams at their bridal shop! They were so helpful with their advice and not once did I feel any pressure by them. The selection of dresses are... Read More just gorgeous! The prices are very reasonable and were flexible. The salon itself is Gorgeous and so inviting! I have nothing but good things to say about this boutique. Thank you Pam and lissa for making my dreams a reality!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Anna S

After dragging myself to 4 other bridal shops I finally stumbled upon Michele's. THANK FRIGGING GOD. Pam is a saint and helped me find the perfect dress without being pushy or overbearing like some sales people can be. Not only does the dress make me look 10 pounds lighter, the... Read More price is unbeatable. Best experience shopping ever. Obsessed with the women who run the joint and the dresses!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Amber B

I purchased a lovely gown in August and was told they would be able to do the alterations. When I arrived for my fitting I was told the seamstress was fired and they would not be altering my gown. My wedding is less than three months away and now I am struggling to find... Read More someone to meet my deadline. My sister also purchased her gown from this shop and the day of her wedding we saw that they never finished her hem and she was married in a dress that was pinned. I guess we should have learned our lesson then.

2017-11-17T13:46:45 Response from the vendor

Hi, Did you find a seamstress? I have a couple that I personally recommend. BTW I'm Julie, The new manager here at Michele. I wish I caught you before you picked up your gown so I could have helped you through the process. If you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Kelly T

The very best bridal boutique in CT :)

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Kathy D

I purchased a mother of the bride dress and can't say enough good things about Lissa and this shop. I am very picky and Lissa was so patient, assured me that I would love the dress after the alterations and she was right!!! I tried it on, wanted a few more things done and she... Read More made the adjustments the same day. This shop is warm, welcoming, professional and has a beautiful selection of dresses. I cannot say enough good things about my whole experience shopping at this store!!!

The first dress I tried on :)

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Kara K

I recently started looking for my dream wedding dress. I am a "girly girl" and thought that this process might take a few tries. I had a general idea of what I wanted, but set up an appointment with Lissa at Michele on a Thursday night to just get an idea of what they had to... Read More offer. I assumed that because it was a small shop that everything would be out of budget, but I was very wrong. I shopped with my sister and Mom and upon pulling into the parking lot saw a dress in the window that I loved! When we went in Lissa told us to take our time and look around- we pulled dresses from the front room and the huge back room of sample dresses marked down to as low as $200 for BEAUTIFUL dresses! I asked for the dress in the window and it was the first dress I tried on. Without looking at the price I fell in love..... then when I took it off I couldn't believe that the dress in the window was a sample dress for a VERY reasonable price. I tried on about 15 other gowns and then put the first dress back on. I loved it! I decided to think about it and Lissa put the dress on hold for me. She was so helpful and kind. She was not pushy and did not make me feel like the sale was the most important thing. I took two weeks (refused to look elsewhere) and brought back some of my bridal party to purchase the dress. Lissa let me try on other dresses to show them before I showed them "my dress". It was perfect! I am sure that alterations and the rest of my road with Michele Bridal and the amazing Lissa will be just as perfect as finding the dress was. I will highly recommend this shop to all of my friends/family in the future for their wedding dresses! Michele is very lucky to have Lissa as their manager/seamstress- as my future mother-in-law says ,"She is a good egg" :)

THERE ARE NO WORDS- THE BEST!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Lauren M

Lissa and Pam are hands down THE BEST. They are the "Dream Team". They made this process so easy and they had so much patience with me (and believe me I drove them nuts!) I honestly can't say enough good things about them. We met at a bridal show for the first time and soon... Read More enough we were on a first name basis. They worked with me, gave me great ideas and just really made my experience a fantastic one. Choosing a wedding dress is such a stressful decision to make and they made it stress-less. I am looking forward to working with Lissa in the next couple of months for my wedding dress fittings and I am excited!! She is so creative! Every bride should come to Michele bridal for both the dress and alterations. Pam and Lissa are like family now! I hope every other detail for my wedding is like this!!!

AMAZING PLACE! BEAUTIFUL DRESSES! EXCELLENT SERVICE

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

AMAZING!!!!! seriously, this is the place to go if you want to look GORGEOUS in your big day plus they have an EXCELLENT service. I never write reviews; however, this place deserves one. I went there in a rush, just 3 weeks before getting married. I went to a couple of places... Read More and they looked at me like I was crazy. In contrast, Michelle's they loved my idea, they were very supportive and fixed my dress in 2 weeks. I really felt home. They were lovely and made me my dreams come true!

Blissful Experience

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Brittany V

Michelle A. Bridal Boutique made me feel like a bride the moment I stepped into the door. The inside is so clean, organized, and chic! I had a large party come with me (9 people) and they were so accommodating- ensuring everyone was comfortable, especially me. Each person who... Read More worked there was so genuinely excited about weddings that it made me feel so thrilled to be trying on dresses- I was no longer nervous or anxious like I was at other dress shops. I felt I was able to take my time I even found myself trying on many different styles. I found "the dress" and it was exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding day. They were able to stay within my budget. Lissa, who altered my dress, is such a calming presence and an expert in her field. I travelled an hour for alterations and each time it was so worth it. They were able to work with my schedule and the dress became my favorite part of the wedding. The drive into Westbrook is so beautiful and Lissa always made alterations fun! She thought of everything to enhance the dress ensuring that she stayed within my budget (belt, veil, buttons). She even has a fool proof way to bustle any train! I have to mention that I have a size 36DD chest and I never had to pull my dress up once. I teared up on the last day when I took my dress from the store since I felt as if I was saying "Good-bye" to a friend! I received so many compliments about how the dress suited me perfectly... Lissa made that happen. I felt so comfortable in my dress on my wedding day and it was all because of Lissa and the staff at Michele A Bridal Boutique.

A great store

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Jessica C

I did not have an appointment when I bought my wedding dress. I actually just went into the store to look at dresses, I did not think I would be buying my dress. The woman working didn't think so either. At first she was a little hesitant to let me try on my one and only wedding... Read More dress, but when she did she was very helpful, making suggestions. I bought my wedding dress that day. The woman let me try on a beaded belt with my dress which they even offered to let me borrow on the day of the wedding! I had never heard of such generosity! I went back to purchase my veil from them, and got great helpful service. They were very patient as I tried on numerous veils until I found the one.

WEDDING DRESS

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 marie m

My mom had already planned on us shopping at Michele-A Bridal Boutique when she found out that my boyfriend was going to ask the big quesiton when he took me to Greece to purpose to me. When I called her that night when I was engaged, she wouldn't stop talking about us visitng... Read More Maria at the bridal shop. She had already purchased a dress last year for my brother's wedding in 2009 and next we had to purchase a wedding dress & mother of the bride dress. Maria had greated us with warmth and she was kind hearted. She listed to every detail and did not confuse me with dresses that would that wouldn't fit my body. Maria had found the perfect dress that I fell in love with. My dress was made for my body! When I saw my fiance in church, I knew Maria had done justice. She had taken the time and I trusted her style. All brides MUST visit Maria!!! Thank you !!!Mary Grace :)

Meet The Manager

Julie Barulli

Julie has been in the bridal industry for almost a decade and has dedicated herself to providing the best service and process in finding the perfect wedding gown and accessories for her bride. She provides a no-pressure, calm atmosphere where the focus is easing a brides anxieties- clearing up the clutter and confusion during the gown selection process, and ultimately playing a small role in your big day! She has truly enjoyed watching the fashion industry evolve over the years and is a natural fit to lead the fantastic Michele Bridal team.