Lovely Events, Well Celebrated

Michelle Durpetti Events is Chicago’s premier wedding and event planner. Founded by Michelle Durpetti on the principle that event planners must be good sources of creative ideas combined with practical experience, flexibility and know-how to manage an event from beginning to end. Whether planning your entire celebration or providing month-of support, we’re here to help you coordinate any and every detail so that you have peace of mind and feel like a guest at your event.

Engagement Party, After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Amaze-balls. Simply the Best. Anywhere.

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Jamie V

How do I even begin to say how much I have fallen in LOVE with the MDE team? First of all, I was planning a destination wedding from about two hours away from the city of Chicago and found these lovely ladies. That's when our lives changed! Choosing MDE was the BEST MONEY... Read More SPENT when looking at our wedding budget. 100%!!! Wedding Planning: With only a few in person meetings due to inconvenience of being away and countless emails, phone calls, and texts, we were able to plan the wedding of our DREAMS. As a previous fashion major and my (now) husband an OCD planner, we thought we could handle most of the details. HOWEVER, the list of vendors that MDE has personal relationships by far exceeded my expectations. We all were constantly looking into new ideas and creating 'inspiration boards' putting all of it in perspective. They were able to be the mediators between all our wedding vendors and give us reminders when things needed to be done. They did almost all the work. AMEN. They say you should enjoy the whole experience and I DID. I was stress free and loving every minute. The wedding planners took care of it! Wedding Day: This was game day. MDE had created an minute-by-minute schedule detailing all the events of our wedding starting with the rehearsal down to the last dance. AMAZING! Everything was organized so nicely and everything ran FLAWLESSLY (or at least in my eyes-- MDE may have solved issues before even getting to me!) We had at least 2 girls with us including Michelle herself on our wedding day prepared to run the show. We obviously can't be in multiple places at once. That's where this team comes in. They were always a step ahead. Timing is EVERYTHING and they kept the flow going. A special moment that will always stay with us is when the only problem on the day happened-- which was when our Swarovski crystal wedding flutes (hand carried from Prague all the way through our European vacation and back to the USA mind you) had fallen and broken all over our sweetheart table. My heart just dropped. Michelle had seen this and had her OWN parents' spare wedding flutes brought over from her office immediately over to our wedding reception venue at the W Hotel Lakeshore for us to use... and KEEP! I have tears in my eyes thinking of it! Afterwards to Present: The girls on the MDE team have become such great friends! I always look forward to hearing from them and checking to see the new projects they take on and how beautifully the unfold. In the meantime, we have seen our wedding photos blogged, printed, and advertised with the help of the team (just a little perk of choosing this widely social team for our wedding). Although our wedding day has ended, it still lives on with the help of MDE! I CANNOT thank these girls enough. I highly recommend them as wedding planners. They are the best.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Antonella R

MIchelle was the best wedding planner we could have asked for! she made our vision for our wedding come to life, listened to our concerns and always helped us find options for the right solution. On the day of our wedding Michelle made sure that everything went smoothly and... Read More stress free for not only my husband and i, but our family and guests. She goes above and beyond in all areas of her work. During our wedding planning michelle was like part of our family.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Laura F

My husband and I were married in August 2016. We had over 600 people attend our wedding. Michelle and her team helped meticulously plan and flawlessly execute every detail of our big day. Michelle and her entire staff were amazing. Their attention to detail, impeccable... Read More taste, and unparalleled talent and professionalism helped make our wedding day unforgettable.

2017-11-01T17:04:19 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Disa S

I don't even know where to begin to express how AMAZING Michelle and MDE were in planning my wedding! let me start by saying that she became part of the family. It was truly an "our marriage, their wedding" and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Michelle was the perfect... Read More addition to balance everyone's wants vs needs to make all of our desires come through. She was a guiding light and calming nature that we all needed through the entire process. To say that we literally built a reception out of the sky, could not have been more true and Michelle made every aspect of that possible. My husband was very involved in the process and after every meeting we both said to one another, "Thank God for Michelle," because she eased our nerves and made our dreams come true. Michelle had worked previous on my sisters wedding so we knew we were in good hands and that also allowed me to say, I loved that but I also want my "own" day and she immediately knew what needed to be done to make that happen. More importantly, she helped me make my own decisions when I would hesitate. To say she functioned as part-therapist is an understatement. Now let's talk live day. Well, I should say, the rehearsal dinner when we showed up to church and there was scaffolding, that we were aware of, but had no idea it was going to be like that. She calmed me down, reassured me that they were taking some of it away, and reminded me why I choose that church to begin now. Then on the morning of my wedding my cousins and friends noticed how calm I truly was, and I said to myself, I am not worry about one single thing because I know Michelle and MDE are on it. The buses didn't want to travel as much as we had agreed, not even sure what the result was, because Michelle handled it. She is the "Olivia Pope" of weddings and that is NOT a joke. Then my dress strap broke, she was right there with a pin - ironically this also happened to my sister, but it was her train, and Michelle was right there with the proper size pin for her! Lastly, there was a couple that didn't have a seat at a table, again, don't know what happened, but everyone was sitting at a table, all because it was handled. These are just a couple instances on the live day where I know or remember, because it was literally the best day. I tell brides all the time it's the perfect, un-perfect day and that is all thanks to Michelle. I could go on and on about my love, admiration, and complete trust I had in Michelle and MDE to make my dreams a reality and more. If you are contemplating on getting a wedding planner, I not only strongly suggest it, I don't think there is another option.

2017-11-01T17:04:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the wonderful words and the amazing review! We are so grateful that you chose MDE to bring your wedding to life! We are so truly appreciative!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Katie R

Michelle and her team are wonderful! We initially didn't think we needed a wedding planner and that we could do it all ourselves, but after having her help us plan our wedding, we couldn't even imagine doing it without her!! We have nothing but great things to say, and our... Read More wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to her and her team. The entire team was both flexible and passionate with every stage of planning. Even with our busy work schedules, she was always able to accommodate us with meetings at night and on weekends. We have enthusiastically recommended MDE to our friends!

2017-11-01T17:04:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the wonderful words and the amazing review! We are so grateful that you chose MDE to bring your wedding to life! THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Collin P

Michelle and her team do a fantastic job of planning and delivering events that are well orchestrated, well executed and well loved by her clients. Her ability to take challenges and turn them in to opportunities is second to none. It is an absolute pleasure to work with MDE... Read More every time!

2017-11-01T17:05:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the wonderful words and the amazing review! We are so grateful that you chose MDE to bring your wedding to life! We so appreciate it!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Jacquelyn P

OMG where do I begin! Michelle is AMAZING! She made my dream wedding come to life! I am so thankful that I was able to have her as my wedding planner! She is very professional but also the most fun person to work with! When we started planning and I had all these crazy ideas... Read More that I’ve been dreaming about my entire life and she never once told me no or something wasn’t possible! She made everything happen. All is possible with Michelle on your side! Michelle is a very highly respected wedding planner, everyone in the industry knows her. My wedding was beyond gorgeous. When I first saw my reception room I could not believe how perfect it looked, every little detail was on point. Michelle helped me put together the most perfect team Hair dresser- Robyn Tornabeni, Photographer- Collin Pierson, Wedding designer/ florist- Erin McDonald the list goes on. I was able to work with the best of the best in Chicago all because of the Michelle Durpetti! She’s like a combination of J.LO from the wedding planner and Olivia Pope from Scandal. She’s Fabulous!!! I could not have had a more perfect girl by side on my wedding day!!! I am so blessed and thankful!!!

2017-11-01T17:05:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the wonderful words and the amazing review! We are so grateful that you chose MDE to bring your wedding to life! WE loved working with you and are so appreciative!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Angelica S

MDE should stand for “MICHELLE DOES EVERYTHING”! I cannot thank Michelle and her amazing team enough for being there every step of the way during the planning process, from our engagement till weeks after the wedding MDE was there for it all! Michelle is prompt with timelines... Read More that made each meeting with her and her team very productive (which is what every bride needs!) MDE connected me with the best of the best vendors and was there for every meeting to ensure our wedding day went perfectly as planned ! As for day of Michelle, Jeanne and Chris coordinated everything which made the day seamless and stress free for the bride ! During my reception when the sleeve of my wedding dress ripped Michelle was there with her needle and thread to save the day!! No need to look any further you found your wedding planner !!!!

2017-11-01T17:05:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the wonderful words and the amazing review! We are so grateful that you chose MDE to bring your wedding to life! Thank you Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Dina M

Perfection! And all in my budget. We had a gorgeous wedding, Michelle and her team handled every last detail and helped me achieve my dream without spending more than I had planned. Michelle was like part of the family making my loved ones feel at ease knowing they didn't have... Read More to worry about a thing. We got great recommendations for vendors who had the same philosophy, not approaching wedding service as a business but as a passion.

2017-11-01T17:05:40 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 CHRISTINA D

I cannot say enough wonderful things for Michelle Durpetti Events. Because of them, my husband and I can truly say, we were able to enjoy every minute of our wedding (which had tons of moving parts) without having to worry about ANY detail. They were a pleasure to work with... Read More and truly became like a part of the family during the process. THANK YOU!!

2017-11-01T17:06:11 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 lilly s

Michelle and her team helped to organize our daughters wedding from start to finish. She has a dedicated staff who are passionate about doing the best for their clients. We worked with Michelle and Jill and they were always available anytime with any questions we had.... Read More Michelle has a knack of matching the right vendor with your taste and personality. Saved us a ton or time searching for vendors. She was able to tell us what was important to spend money on, and what was not to create that wow factor. All in all, the day was perfectly orchestrated and organized down to the littlest detail! Money well spent if you want peace of mind!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Darci D

There is seriously no better wedding planner than Michelle and her team. From the second I got engaged, I told my mom we need to work with her! I didn't even think about going to anyone else because Michelle is simply the best! Our wedding day wouldn't have been possible... Read More without all the help and ideas from Michelle. Throughout the entire planning process she kept us on track and provided us with the best advice to make our wedding day perfect. Her attention to detail, organization, and experience is what makes her so successful. She came into every meeting with such enthusiasm and excitement while still being extremely organized and professional. Her knowledge and expertise is unparalleled. She gives the best advise and I felt truly had our backs when it came to booking the vendors. In addition to helping us plan an over 500 person wedding, she and her team also made the day run so smoothly. They were there from morning till night making sure everything was getting done/happening when it was supposed to. My mom, my dad, and I could not have done this wedding without Michelle and her team. Thank you for everything you did to make our day run perfectly!!!!! Again, MDE you are the best!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Julie L

I don’t even know where to begin to explain how thankful we are that we hired Michelle and Jill from MDE for our wedding! These girls went above and beyond to help make our wedding the most amazing day of our lives! I interviewed several other planning companies, but knew right... Read More away that I wanted to work with Michelle and her team. She was extremely professional, yet very personal and we connected right away. When Michelle first showed me an example of the timeline that they put together for their clients wedding days, I was very impressed but was not aware of how much time and energy it took to put together until we started on ours. These girls had the day planned out, down to every minute. I have great respect for people that pay that much attention to detail and are that organized. Michelle and Jill were always readily available to help me with any and all wedding tasks! Their well-informed opinions on vendors and many other things were extremely valuable in helping to plan our wedding. The experience the girls at MDE have gained over the years planning events in Chicago made me very confident in what they were suggesting to me. They know pretty much every vendor in the city and have worked with them one way or another so they knew exactly who I needed to hire to make our wedding day everything we imagined. While we had a few issues arise the day of our wedding due to weather, Michelle and her team handled them very professionally and none of our guests even knew that anything happened, and neither did we, until after the reception! These girls put us completely at ease the entire day. This was a gift in itself because we were able to completely enjoy our wedding day from the minute we woke up to the minute we left the reception. They were hands down the best investment we made for our wedding! I wish we could do it all over again every weekend! =) Thank you so much for everything MDE! You girls are rockstars!

These ladies are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Kyla H

Michelle Durpetti events helped with my wedding a few weeks ago and we could not have been happier with them! Michelle and Sterling made us feel so much more at ease and allowed the whole wedding party to enjoy the day in it's entirety. These ladies were beyond professional... Read More yet completely down to earth and personable. Our entire wedding party raved about them. We could not be more thankful for all their help and we would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Our wedding with Michelle Dupretti Events

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Stefanie P

We worked with Michelle Dupretti events for our wedding and they did such a great job! The sense of reassurance they provided helped us relax and enjoy our day so much more. They took away lots of stress because there was so much that they took care of so we didn't even have to... Read More think about. They were in contact with all our vendors and made sure everybody was on the same page with the extremely detailed timeline they created for our day. They made sure that our vision of what we wanted our wedding to be was brought to life. Highly recommended, they were truly a pleasure and a joy to work with!

Best Wedding Planners Ever

Reviewed on 9/24/2014

I cannot say how wonderful MDE was in helping myself and my daughter plan her July 4th wedding this summer! From providing us with vendors to helping with every detail the day of the wedding, they made this process so easy and effortless on our part. I cannot thank them enough... Read More for their hard work and expertise in making the wedding day be the day of my daughter's dreams. Everyone should use a wedding planner and MDE is the best!!

Best of the best!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Raffaella m

The ladies at MDE were an absolute pleasure to work with and I am so glad they were referred to us! They were quick to respond to emails at any time of day and had great suggestions on any last minute details we needed worked out. They are VERY organized and made us feel so... Read More comfortable going into the day of the wedding because we knew they had everything handled. The day went off without a hitch and everything was perfect! All our vendors were amazed by them and told us they had never worked with planners as kind, organized, and efficient as they were. Thank you Michelle, Sterling, and Emily!!!

Amazing Team of Ladies who are truly passionate about Wedding Planning!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Lisa S

Michelle Durpetti Events is made up of an amazing team of ladies who are organized and passionate about wedding planning! From the first meeting, MDE made me feel relaxed about wedding planning, something which extremely overwhelmed me in today’s age of Facebook and Pinterest.... Read More Right away, I knew I was in good hands. With many connections and relationships with other vendors in the wedding and entertaining world, they were able to support me through the process to find the best of the best vendors to be there on my special day! Michelle is easy to talk to and is truly looking out for your best interest and creating the exact vision you want for your wedding! She was fully prepared the day of my wedding with her emergency kit filled with anything and everything a bride (bridesmaid, groom, groomsmen or guest!) could ever need in a last minute situation! She made sure we were taken care of and my focus was on marrying the man of my dreams, not if the placecards made it to the reception space ok! Another member of MDE, Emily, is a the sweetest person to work with and her organizational and management skills are impeccable. Since my mom doesn’t live in the city, it was a breeze to get things done via email and telephone. Emails were detailed, but not too wordy where one would get lost. Emily was also extremely flexible when planning meetings to make sure it fit everyone’s schedule comfortably. She was on top of our timeline and constantly sending reminders on what should be done and what we should start thinking about – something easily forgotten in the hustle and bustle of everyday life! Our MDE staff the weekend of our wedding made sure everything went off without a glitch – and it did!!!! Because of these ladies fabulous talents of organization, decision making, and planning, my groom, my parents, and myself were able to fully enjoy the entire weekend!! I can’t thank them enough for giving me the best present of all, calmness on my wedding day!! Thank you Michelle, Emily and Sterling – you girls ROCK!!!

A LOVELY DAY & THE PERFECT WEDDING

Reviewed on 6/24/2014

May 10, 2014 Once you’ve picked the date for your wedding and the planning begins, you realize there are a lot of decisions to be made and the process can easily become very overwhelming. Hiring MDE was hands down the best decision made. They kept us organized and on track... Read More not overlooking a single detail. A month before the wedding they contacted all of our vendors and made sure everyone was on the same page; completely taking ALL the worry away. The day of the wedding, everything was executed to perfection. They oversaw all of the vendors, made sure things were perfect at the church and made our visions a reality at the reception. Michelle Durpetti Events came highly recommended to us with a reputation for excellence and now we know why they are regarded as the best in their business. They are true professionals and the greatest group to work with. Sterling, Emily and Michelle, thank you so very much; you girls are truly the best and we couldn’t have done it without you. Mother of the bride, Linda Sanzeri

Incredibly organized!

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Natalie P

I really can't say enough about how amazing Emily and Sterling from MDE were!!! They really made the last few weeks, and especially the day of, completely perfect! I didn't have to worry about a thing!! Emily is very professional and seriously organized!!! She thought of... Read More everything!!! Totally recommend them! Worth the money and then some!!

Highly Organized

Reviewed on 3/18/2014

I was initially introduced to MDE through my best friend who had used them for her wedding in May, 2012. I liked Michelle and her team so much that when we started wedding planning I knew exactly who I wanted to work with. We worked with MDE for over a 1 1/2 years - during that... Read More time they always remained available for questions and always made us feel like a priority. MDE excels at: -Vendor recommendations. MDE is cool & hip and so are the vendors they work with. -Customer service -And most importantly, acting as a buffer for family dynamics (i.e. making your Mom or your future mother-in-law happy) Their priority is the bride/groom and ensuring your vision becomes a reality.

disappointing

Reviewed on 1/01/2014 greer s

I intially had planned to use them for my event. They really caused more headache and problems than anything else the entire year planning for my wedding. They made many mistakes in communication with vendors such as the grooms last name and the date of the wedding- pretty... Read More big details. I never felt comfortable handing the reigns of the wedding we planned over to them. After the mistakes, they had apologized and promised we would work to make the relationship better and yet there was another mistake again. With three weeks to go we were told that they were no longer able to do the event. This left us in quite a bad situation. The other vendors we used had great recommendations for us and it ended up being a huge blessing in disguise. the mother of the bride and my groom also wrote reviews but they were taken down..hopefully some of you can see this before it may be removed as well.

2014-01-02T21:28:05 Response from the vendor

Hello Greer, thanks so much for the feedback. Unfortunately in this industry it is an all too frequent reality that some clients aren't the right fit for some planners, and after our discussion in our meeting that initiated your 6 week out "month-of contract" it... Read Less Read More

Best Wedding Planners!

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Samantha M

MDE is amazing! They were with us every step of the way making sure that we were on track to have everything completed by our big day. Michelle, Sterling and Emily worked as a team and were included on everything from day one. From recommendations for vendors to emotional... Read More support when things were overwhelming, they were there. Our big day was so special and went off exactly as we had imagined it. Everything was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better team to make it happen. We highly recommend MDE for your wedding or event planning!

These Ladies are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Erin F

If you are looking for a wedding planner in Chicago - look no further! My husband and I worked with MDE for our wedding last November and they completely exceeded our expectations of a "day-of" wedding coordinator. From day one, they were there to offer us incredible advice and... Read More vendor recommendations. Michelle even offered to speak with my father, who was insisting that we do a receiving line, when I did not think that it would work! One month prior to the wedding, they completely took over - managing all communication with our vendors, ensuring we had thought of EVERYTHING, and creating the most amazing minute-by-minute timeline that I have ever seen! My mother and I had put together a lot of little details and personal touches for the day of and MDE executed them exactly as we had envisioned. Being the perfectionist that I am, I expected to be stressed leading up to the wedding and on the day of... instead, my friends and family could not stop commenting on how calm and relaxed I was. This is how every bride should feel on their wedding day and was totally thanks to MDE! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Michelle and her team. Not only did they make sure that our wedding day went smooth as can be, but they were also such fun to work with! Thank you for everything MDE!

Best Wedding Planner!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

When I began my wedding planning, I decided I needed a wedding planner ASAP! After meeting with several wedding planners in Chicago, we went with our gut feeling the MDE team! Which was the best decision we could've made! They were more then experienced and had so much knowledge... Read More on different vendors and ideas to create the perfect wedding I always dreamed of! They were very responsive throughout the entire process, which is a key factor! Every bride wants great communication with their wedding planner to make sure everything goes perfect! Bottom line, we trusted the MDE team, we knew if something wasn't going to be right that the MDE team would be there to fix the problem! Very satisfying feeling as a bride since you have a million other things on your plate! Our wedding day was a very magical day, everything went very smoothly thanks to the MDE team! We couldn't have worked with a better team!!! :) So if you recently got engaged, I highly recommend meeting with the MDE team to help you plan your special day!!!

Michelle Durpetti

At almost the ten year marker with MDE, Michelle still works with couples planning their weddings and events because she loves to do it. She balances her time between MDE and being a managing partner in her family’s business here in Chicago while also being a competitive amateur equestrian and volunteering her time with various charitable organizations. She has been featured as an industry expert on Chicago’s WGN TV, Fox 32, WCIU The U, Michigan Avenue Magazine, Today’s Chicago Woman Magazine, CS Magazine, and Illinois Meetings & Events among others.