Midwest Conference Center

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Midwest Conference Center features a selection of ballrooms complete with stylish and refined decor, allowing couples and their guests the opportunity to enjoy a magical day. Situated in Northlake, Illinois, this venue is conveniently close to Chicago and affords striking views of the Windy City's skyline, making it an ideal location for a wedding with urban ambience.

16th Floor Ballroom. The jewel in the Midwest Conference Center’s crown is the 16th Floor Ballroom, also known as the Skyline Ballroom, with its expansive floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides of the property. Plenty of sunlight floods in during the daytime hours and the room provides scenic views of Chicago's city lights at night. This space can accommodate up to 200 guests for a banquet-style reception.

Grand Wedding Ballroom. This room provides enough space for up to 500 of guests for sit-down dinners, buffets and wedding ceremonies. With white drapes that frame the room, oak wood bar and built-in dance floor and neutral decor throughout, this space provides effortless elegance.

Midwest Ballroom. Featuring deep brown tones that are accented by the occasional splash of vibrant color, the Midwest Ballroom measuring 15,000 square feet embodies the eclectic nature of the Midwest itself. It can be easily decorated to suit a range of tastes and holds up to 1000 guests.

Midwest Conference Center offers two wedding packages: Deluxe and Distinctive. The deluxe package includes supervision by a banquet coordinator, a four-course meal, a four-hour open bar, linen napkins in your choice of color, centerpieces, champagne toast, wedding cake and use of a bridal suite. Further details are available with the distinctive package, such as a five-course meal, hors d'oeuvres served by butlers, wine with the dinner, premium bar and black tablecloths. You can also work with the venue’s staff to create a package that suits your tastes

All of the catering at Midwest Conference Center is provided by the in-house team, with a choice of sit-down dinner entrees and appetizers, as well as hors d'oeuvres. Many of the food items are traditional wedding fare, yet still sophisticated. Typical dishes include roasted half chicken, chicken kiev, cheese quesadilla, baked potato with sour cream, cream of broccoli soup and peppermint ice cream.

Midwest Conference Center is able to organize and cater events that meet kosher requirements, in addition to these extra perks:

• Choice of three kosher wedding packages: Basic, Upgraded and The Works, all with choice of event spaces and kosher menu items
  • Minutes from O'Hare International Airport
  • Close to multiple premium hotels
  • Free on-site parking

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

401 W Lake St, Northlake, IL (708) 409-2828

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 David N

Zoila and her crew made my reception happen. And my reception was no ordinary reception at all. It was concert-themed and quite the production. Including dry ice, skull centerpieces and a massive electric screen, they made sure that I was a satisfied customer. Also, all my... Read More guests LOVED the food! Make sure you taste the chicken kiev!

food

Reviewed on 12/31/2012 Jasmine M

The food was fabulous, everyone talked about it for weeks after.

Best kept secret in West suburbs

Reviewed on 4/10/2012 Lyuba B

This venue is off the radar, and I stumbled on it after extensive searching online. It offers the best value for an all-included package. Zoila, the events coordinator is lovely and very helpful. We were able to do the ceremony, take pictures, and have the reception at this... Read More site. The guests were very impressed by the venue, the food, and the view from the skyline ballroom. This venue is very convenient for those staying by O'Hare; unfortunately, you can't easily get there from Chicago without a car.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lauren G

We scheduled a tour for the Midwest Conference Center through The Knot, and we struggled to find anything positive about this location. The staff scheduled two tours at the same time, so after being kept waiting for 15 minutes someone finally told us, then called for another... Read More employee to show us around. The tour itself was very brief and not thorough at all. The carpet is terrible, the elevators are in serious need of updating, and the place smells musty and old. We did't even stay to get pricing information. If the staff couldn't even arrange a tour correctly I wouldn't trust them with my wedding. I guess there is a reason why this venue is one $.

Great value, great view!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Maggie B

My now husband and I were looking for a venue that didn't cost $100 per plate, and this was the place! Including taxes, gratuity and whatever other charges the cost for their Distintive Package was around $63pp; their Deluxe Package was around $46pp. Food was excellent and... Read More everyone loved the cake too! The events manager Zoila was great to work with and answered emails/calls very timely. The view was a nice bonus :)

loved them

Reviewed on 12/31/2012 Jasmine M

During the planning process, the consultant Zoila was so helpful. On the morning of the wedding we got to the venue and nothing was ready due to a miscommunication among the staff. After Zoila was contacted, she jumped in gear, her first stop was my bridal suite where she not... Read More only reassured me that not only would everything be beautiful, but she stocked my room with all kinds of snacks, drinks and food. Everything turned out better than I ever dreamed. It was one of the happiest days of my life...thank You Soils

Great wedding hall!

Reviewed on 12/08/2011 Adina W

MCC was a great place to get married. The rooms were beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was great. They handled everything so well and I didn't need to worry on the big day

BEAUTIFUL

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 JAZMIN M

I had my reception on the 16th floor skyline ballroom. It was beautiful! Zoila the corrdinator was great she worked with us to get everything we wanted and just the way we wanted. She is so nice and great to work with. The view was amazing as the sun shined in our floor to... Read More ceiling windows. And when the night hit the downtown shyline view was amazing. Will have another event here again.You will not got the value of the best anywhere else. I had my cermony in one room, cocktails in another, and dinner in the shyline ballroom. The food was great as well. My guest can not stop talking about it. And the best of it all is they believe I spent a huge amount here. In reality This was the cheapest place I found with expensive taste. Loved it.

Beautiful Views

Reviewed on 6/29/2010 Karen D

There's one reason and one reason only to use this venue: the 16th floor Skyline ballroom. With windows on three sides of the room, the views are ah-mazing, and it'll be an experience your guests won't forget. Don't go here for any other room but the Skyline ballroom. My... Read More guests still rave about the wedding, but the reception wasn't without flaws. The biggest, most irksome problem was the food we were served during our tasting was NOT the food that we were served at our reception. Not only was the meat entree completely different, but the green beans were almost completely raw. More troubling was the catering office's lack of concern for the whole thing. They tried to put it on us (like we were remembering wrong), and never offered any kind of reimbursement. We were terribly embarrassed that our guests were served that entree. Still, our guests loved the evening and kept complimenting us on the venue. So if you do go here, keep in mind that you're paying for the views, not necessarily the food.