fun, bright+colorful

“I think I've looked at them like 100 times or more! The pictures are great and exactly what we were looking for. I have already gotten soooo many compliments about you from my friends! We are so blessed to have found you!” Sarah D.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

14501 Olive Hill Drive, Austin, TX (512) 736-7035
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Morgan W

This is how good Mike Reed is: our family noticed DURING our photos how knowledgeable and professional he was. I am so happy I chose Mike for my wedding. He was flexible, communicative, and from the photos I’ve seen so far, is a master at his craft. Hire him!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Misty H

Mike's photos of our day were epic! We are so grateful to him and his assistant Barbara for all that they captured on our special day. He also did our engagement photos and those turned out epic as well! He's not only talented and had excellent attention to detail, but he was... Read More really fun to be around. It was so easy and relaxed that it didn't even seem as though we were being photographed. We were so pleased with our photos that we plan to have Mike capture more of our special memories. I definitely recommend Mike Reed Photography for your special day!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Brigitte B

Working with Mike was great. He is very personable and very talented. He takes incredible photos, all of my wedding photos look like they came straight out of a magazine.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Elizabeth O

Mike Reed photography was wonderful! We loved all of our wedding pictures! Mike and his assistant were wonderful to work with and made everyone feel so comfortable! We would highly recommend Mike Reed for anyone looking for wonderful photos and a great wedding experience!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kayla W

Mike and his team do a phenomenal job of capturing truly special moments. I can replay my wedding day by looking at the gorgeous pictures Mike took that special day. Not only are his pictures perfect with bold colors, mike and his team are so easy to work with. He did such a... Read More great job with my wedding that my best friend just used him for her wedding!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Teresa D

We were so happy to be able to work with Mike Reed for our wedding photography! Mike was really easy to work with, accommodating, communicative, and professional. He is also super fun to work with and brought some great energy and direction to the day! He can work magic with his... Read More camera, turning some mundane backdrops into works of art!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Tammy S

Mike Reed is an amazing wedding photographer. From our engagement photos to our wedding night photos, Mike captured our love and our relationship perfectly. We interviewed several photographers and none came close to the quality of Mike's photos and his amazing spirit. He loves... Read More what he does and it shows in every shot. He knows his equipment, he knows how to set up that perfect shot, at the perfect time. He was smart enough to keep shooting through our laughter and tears which are some of the most amazing shots from our engagement and our wedding. Our engagement story and our wedding was featured in "Love Wins Texas Weddings check out his work here https://www.lovewinstexas.com/2017/07/18/austin-lesbian-wedding-antebellum-oaks/ Hiring Mike was one of best wedding decisions we made and those photos tell our love story so perfectly. He is also a very sweet and funny guy. We spent a lot of time together during those shoots and I loved every minute ~ and I hate to have my picture taken. It is rare to find someone of his talent level that still loves to shoot weddings. This is his passion and it shows in hi amazing work! I feel honored to have had Mike Reed photograph our wedding and I would give him a million stars if I could. I guess 5 will have to do. Do not hesitate, hire him now. PS: Love you Mike! Thank you for the amazing moments of love you captured! Tammy Stanley

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Field M

We found Mike after searching for local Austin photographers online and immediately loved his focus on bright bold colors. After meeting him in person, it was clear he was very easy going and knew how to read our relationship quite well. He got to know us a bit as a couple and... Read More then helped us polish our loose vision for engagement photos--going tandem biking in Zilker Park was perfect. There is so much to anticipate during wedding planning, so we were relieved to find an awesome photographer for our wedding the following year. Mike and Barbara were fantastic on the big day! Mike was communicative the weeks leading up to the day but not overwhelming--we told him the essentials of the wedding day and provided a family photo list and honestly, he took care of the rest. We recently got our wedding photos and they are phenomenal! Photographs are SO important--this is how we will look back on this amazing day and see how much fun everyone had! Mike was so wonderful to work with and has an amazing talent that anyone would be lucky to have! Thanks for everything Mike!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Anna P

Mike was so wonderful! We had him shoot our engagement pictures and our wedding. My husband and I are super uncomfortable with posed pictures, but he was able to make us feel comfortable and at ease with the whole process. Our entire family was so impressed with his work, and... Read More I'm so happy to have so many amazing photos! Would highly recommend to anyone who wants amazing colorful pictures of your special day!!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Carlie H

Mike Reed was not only an amazing professional, but he also was just a wonderful human being!!! I took to the internet to find a photographer and was immediately blown away with Mike Reed's website. I was a bit nervous because Mike was a male, and I really wanted to do a... Read More boudoir session (I had never attempted anything of the sort before) as a wedding present for my husband. I spoke with Mike over the phone and met with him in person. He had many examples and ideas- you could tell he knew his stuff and wanted you to 100% happy with your results. It immediately put me at ease, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. If you are thinking of doing a boudoir session with Mike-DO IT! It was not awkward. It was completely professional, and your husband will drool over the results. For the wedding, he kept up with me throughout the year and helped me make photo lists to ensure a smooth and stress-free wedding day. He also was able to work with spur of the moment changes such as the sun, the heat, "my bridesmaid wants this picture", "the groom's grandma is missing", etc. LOL. My wedding was perfect. His pictures are flawless, and he will go above and beyond to give you what you want. You'll love him as your photographer!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jessica E

They were awesome!! We are so happy with our photos. We chose Mike pretty quickly after we saw his work. He brings such vibrancy to his pictures that makes them really beautiful. They were great to work with and made us feel really comfortable. They seemed genuinely excited... Read More about the photos there were getting which made it so much fun to do. I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Genevieve W

Mike and his assistant Barb were superb from start to finish! We had a rather large wedding, so it was fantastic to know that we would have 2 photographers to cover the entire event and not miss any details. The highlight of it all was that Mike is also a Star Wars fan. My... Read More husband incorporated Lightsabers in our wedding reception, and Mike ran with the idea to do a short photoshoot with them! We ended up with super awesome silhouette shots of me "battling" my husband with lightsabers!! Thank you to Mike for making our wedding photos every bit as unforgettable and beautiful as the wedding itself.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie R

Mike Reed was awesome to work with. He is everything you could ask for. Mike is super responsive over email and he is a joy to work with. He is extremely open to ideas of the client and doesn't ever make you feel silly for asking him questions or asking him about a silly photo... Read More you want to take. He suggests venues for engagements and bridals and will provide advice on anything you're curious about - light, time of day to shoot, poses that photograph well, anything. He is extremely professional and very fun. His photos truly are works of art. He has an uncanny ability to capture very real emotion in his photos. Five stars for Mike. We loved working with him. Sent from my iPhon

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Johanna M

Our pictures turned out better than any expectation we could have had. Spontaneous, artsy, capturing every moment of the evening and each detail, beautifully. More importantly, Mike and his crew were absolutely fabulous to work with, I didn't even realize they were there... Read More after our formal shots. They were a blast, and our formal photos not only look outstanding, but we all had a lot of fun (and he put up with our rowdy group). I literally want to put every single picture he took in our album. Too many perfect pictures to choose from. Wouldn't have changed a thing!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Susan G

We are so happy that we had the opportunity to work with Mike. From the very beginning, he did an excellent job communicating with us, and was prompt at returning phone calls or emails - something that was important, since we were planning from out of state. We initially just... Read More booked an engagement shoot, but decided to get the wedding day package since the pictures turned out great, and we liked Mike's style - laid back with a good sense of humor. Best of all, our wedding day pictures turned out AMAZING, and we got them back pretty quickly. We would recommend him any time.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Emily T

Mike and his assistant were amazing both before hand and on the day of our wedding... calm, cool, collected, never in the way, and made us look FANTASTIC. Every time I look through the pictures it makes the whole day come back to me like it just happened yesterday. I wouldn't... Read More have wanted anyone else with us that day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kristen F

Mike was fantastic, from the pre-planning meetings to make sure every picture we wanted captured and where was planned out; to the day of when he followed us to our new house being built to snap a few shots before heading to the reception; and to the final product of each and... Read More every picture captured and the layout of our photo book (I'm still editing it and choosing pictures because there were so many good ones to choose from!) He captured all the tiny details of our wedding, and perhaps more impressive, was how he captured the personalities of everyone. From facial expressions, to everyone's moves on the dance floor, and finally to the looks being shared between my new husband and I, every picture turned out amazing and kept me wanting to look on to see the next. It took just about 4 weeks to get our wedding pictures back and looking thru them all was like reliving our wedding day all over again. Absolutely wonderful, given it went by too fast anyways :). Mike and Barbara captured the happiness, excitement, nervousness, and fun of the day perfectly. I would highly recommend Mike Reed Photo to anyone looking for a wedding photographer without a moment hesitation.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Ashley O

Mike photographed our elopement at Hotel Saint Cecilia in Austin this past July and I couldn't be more thrilled with the photographs! Several months prior, I had interviewed three photographers over the phone and after speaking with Mike I immediately knew he was the... Read More photographer we should go with. Since we were eloping and wouldn't need wedding party and guest pictures, he recommended that we go with the Engagement Package and that he would be certain to get all of the important shots. When the wedding day came Mike was fantastic! He gave just the right amount of direction, he was very friendly and easy to talk and joke with. He was also great with our dogs. Now for the best part! He sent us the edited wedding photos that night!! We were able to view our wedding photos and email them to our families that same day. What a surprise! He managed to get all of the shots that we had requested and more (he has good taste in poses) and I posted them on our website http://theoaksmiths.com. I would recommend Mike and if we were still living in Texas I would hire him again in a second. I have received so so many compliments on our wedding photos -- all thanks to Mike.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Tracy H

Awesome, very easy to work with, and my photos turned out great for my wedding at Mercury Hall in Austin. Considering you work with an overwhelming amount of vendors for weddings, it was great not having to worry and to just have everything go smoothly with Mike and team. I... Read More would definitely recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kristen M

Mike Reed was an exceptional photographer. He was patient, flexible, punctual, and funny! I had a themed wedding and he really catered the photos to fit the theme. He was respectful of our privacy when it came to sharing photos with the public. He is very easy to work with and... Read More makes the wedding photography process seamless.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Melissa H

Mike Reed and his assistant Barbara are awesome. My groom and I got married at Umlauf Sculpture Garden and it started raining right as we were supposed to start "first look" pics. Mike and his team quickly reconfigured the set up and found an indoor space for us to take the... Read More photos-- they turned out great. Luckily the rain stopped and we were able to get some great outdoor pics as well. I recommend Mike for two big reasons: 1) he doesn't do the soft-focus, white washed wedding pics that are all the rage these days. Our photos are colorful, vibrant, and look like real life. 2) he gives you a copy of EVERY pic he takes, not just the ones he thinks are the best. This made me happy because there are some great, hilarious pictures in the b-sides! I would definitely recommend Mike to anyone needing a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Erin M

Mike was fantastic to work with for our wedding! He was quick to respond to emails and made my husband and I feel at ease with how everything was going to turn out. Getting married in the late morning with high sun can be hard to shoot and Mike absolutely nailed it! Everyone we... Read More show our photos to loves how they look and we couldn't agree more.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Stefanie P

Mike Reed and his team were some of my favorite wedding vendors! Our wedding day photos were STUNNING. Honestly, I didn't even know I could look as good as the wedding photos portrayed me as- and they made me feel like a celebrity through it all. My husband and I looked so... Read More happy (and FLAWLESS) on our wedding day- which is great because that is how we felt. Mike's ability to capture photos is incredible-- after reviewing his work, you can see the excitement, nerves or energy in every photo. Looking back on them makes me smile because it is like reliving our favorite day over and over again! Mike Reed is so professional and talented. He is extremely familiar with the industry and knows what works best. He was able to provide guidance throughout the process (because I didn't know what to do), but was patient and helpful in the way that he did so. He was always available when I had questions and was quick to respond. He was easy to communicate with and open to any new suggestions. Overall, it is hard to come across such a pleasant vendor to work with and we are SO thankful that we chose Mike and team!

Reviewed on 2/13/2016

Mike and Barbara are amazing! They were so thorough--we have probably thousands of photos from the night, although Mike organized them so we have easy access to the highlights. And there are some incredible photos among them. He and Barbara really do have a photojournalistic... Read More style--they managed to capture both the big moments that made the evening so special and the ones that otherwise would have gone unseen, but that are no less special (a quiet dance-break moment from the sleepy flowergirl, three guests belting out the last song of the night like there was no tomorrow, a college friend and I scream-catching up while the band blasted Bowie). They are so fun to be around too. I definitely highly recommend them!

Can't go wrong with Mike Reed!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

We can't say enough good things about Mike and his team! I feel like he captured every moment in such a special way. Mike made everyone feel super comfortable while being open to suggestions and having so many of his own fabulous ideas. We would definitely recommend Mike Reed... Read More Photo!

mike

I’ve been a full time professional wedding photographer for the past 9 years and have been fortunate enough to win The Knot’s Best of Weddings for photography the last 7 years in a row here in Austin. My work has been featured by some of the best wedding blogs and magazines, regionally, nationally and around the world; Style Me Pretty, The Knot, Austin Wedding Blog, My Secret Wedding and Austin Wedding Guide. Even after seven years I wake up every day so thankful that I get to do a “job” I truly love! I say "job", because if it’s something you really love then it’s probably not a job.