Cakes + Desserts

408 North Main Street, Milford, MI (248) 685-2200

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Sarah D

We used the Milford Baking Company for our 4/8/17 wedding and we LOVED them! Our cake tasting was laid back and very delicious! We ended up going with a three tier cake (6, 8, 10) which perfectly served just under 100 guests. We went with yellow cake and whipped cream frosting... Read More (boring to some) but SO DELICIOUS! My only regret is not getting an extra cake to take home with me! Heidi delivered the cake herself and added our cake topper and flowers - I didn't have to do a thing! It was perfect and I would hire them again in a heartbeat!!! (plus - they provide a one year anniversary cake for free so you don't have to freeze any... which I am SO looking forward to!)

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Julia Helene D

Our wedding cake from the Milford Baking Company was delicious! Everyone loved the variety of flavors we were able to offer. I was especially appreciative that they offer gluten free options. We had 2 layers of our cake be gluten free and no one was the wiser because it... Read More tasted good. It was very disappointing that they did not provide gluten free tasting samples even though we communicated that the bride was gluten free. They offered a return appointment but there was no time as we do not live near the bakery. The cake was beautiful though it was not the color I requested and provided a picture of. However, if you are looking for an amazing taste in your cake over fancy decoration then this is the place to come.

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Samantha B

We used Milford Baking Co for our June 13, 2015 wedding desserts and they were awesome!! We actually had donuts, cookies and cupcakes for 200 guests as well as a small cake for my husband and I to cut and they were still reasonably priced. Our guests raved at how delicious they... Read More all were and loved the detail they put into the desserts. I would definitely recommend them for your baking needs. Also - I had a very hard time finding a baker who could do all three donuts, cookies and cupcakes. Most I found only do cookies and cakes or just donuts not all three. I appreciated having one baker do all three for us.

great family business

Reviewed on 3/21/2015

had a great experience from the wedding cake tasting appt to the actual cake. Was beautiful, tasted great and everyone loved it. Staff was friendly, helpful and very pleasant. Would recommend this bakery to anyone and everyone looking for a great experience.

New owner is killing this business

Reviewed on 3/20/2015

Please note that the reviews for this business before April 2013 were when it was owned by different owners. Since then the business has lost it's hometown family feel. The product quality has declined, as has the customer service, while the prices have increased. The old owners... Read More used to make you feel like you were their most important customer. The new owner is running a business, not taking care of customers. She's always scowling too. The old owners used to go above & beyond to make a special order happen. I got my cake there & it was not what I ordered. When I complained to Heidi, the owner, she said, "well, we don't do that". No call ahead of time to warn me or ask for other ideas. Just did what she wanted and left me with my only choice being no cake, or the cake the way she had it made. I highly recommend finding another bakery for your needs as this place is heading downhill fast!

Wedding cake and cookies

Reviewed on 6/28/2013 Alissa B

I used them for my wedding cake and they made me cookies with the name I each guest and their table number instead of escort cards. They cake came it perfect! The cookies everyone loved!! They are very affordable and tasted delicious!

Horrible Owner

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Danna N

We booked our bakery 10 months prior to our wedding based on cost, taste, and friendliness of the staff. It was unknown to us that the owner changed 4 months prior to our wedding. During the set-up of the cake at our outside venue my mother-in-law asked the delivery lady... Read More (Heidi - the new owner) what could be used to cover the cake. Heidi's response was "This is what you get when you have an outside wedding." The cake was not placed on the cake stand that I bought and personally delivered to the bakery the week before the wedding. Not to mention that I emailed her a photo of the cake stand with the dimensions directly from the Crate & Barrel website one month prior to the wedding. Neither time was I told that the cake stand was inadequate. When I emailed Heidi to let her know about my dissatisfaction she responded only with excuses saying that my family was rude to her which is why she forgot to place the cake on the cake stand. She proceeded to mention that she has 24 years experience in the business. I think it's a no brainer to put the cake on the cake stand - that takes zero years of experience! There were several witnesses to her actions. All of which said she was in a real hurry and was rude to my mother-in-law. I had a couple of German friends that came to my wedding from Germany and they helped set up things for the reception. Their native tounge is German. One of Heidi's excuses was that "they were rudely talking to each other in a foreign language". They were trying to find a solution to covering the cake before the wedding. Intolerance/stupidity towards other cultures and languages is unacceptable. As if the rudeness, excuses and inability to set up a cake onto a cake stand were not enough, the cake that was delivered was altered from the picture I sent a month prior to the wedding. When I mentioned it to Heidi her response was that it was identical to the photo. It is beyond me how she could argue that point but she did! Being that Heidi is the owner there is no way that I would recommend the bakery. (There would be zero stars for the rating if that were an option.)

It Tasted Good....that's about it.

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Michelle O

They were awesome to work with and had great communication beforehand. However, after giving them a photo of what I wanted for the cake they did not even come close. I don't put 100% blame on them though as the cake was not exactly a priority for me and I wasn't too particular.... Read More The taste was amazing - I knew that wouldn't be a problem. I feel bad giving them this "score" because it doesn't really bother me that the cake didn't turn out how I wanted. But if you're someone who has a very specific idea in mind, keep in mind that they do not do use fondant and seemed less than thrilled about doing a more intricate design.

Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Deanna S

They did a wonderful job! We didn't pick our cake from a picture we just told them what we would like and it came out perfect! Thank you Elaine and Laura.

cake

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Steph G

absolutely amazing

Beautiful and delicious cake

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Alisa A

They did our wedding cake and grooms' cake, they both turned out wonderfully and tasted great.

Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Cassie M

We ordered a small two tiered cake and it was delicious! The people who work/own the company are very helpful and friendly. We just asked for a simple cake and they were happy to do it and we didn't receive any pressure to order a bigger cake or anything. She even showed us how... Read More to decorate it with our personal flowers to make it look more like what we described. Will go there again for cakes and treats!

Loved It

Reviewed on 10/27/2010 Lindsey S

I am thrilled with the way my cake turned out, it was beautiful and yummy. I had so many guests compliment me on how great the cake was. They also give you a free cake on your one year anniversary so that you can eat your entire cake on the day of your wedding. Its a great way... Read More to get to relive the great magic from that day.

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 9/25/2010 Katherine C

My cake was gorgeous, and so delicious. We were getting rave reviews from all of our guests. The price is so reasonable for the amazing service. I have already recommended them to my sister-in-law for her wedding.

Delish

Reviewed on 9/08/2010 Megan B

Beautiful and delicious and affordable.

yummy

Reviewed on 8/26/2010 Nikki J

great cake, perfectly decorated. was alittle disappointed the layers didnt look like they were connected, like the frosting was seperating. but it was delicious. the only thing that really bothered me was that i told them not to put the flowers on, as i was a floral designer... Read More for years i would do it. they delivered 1 hr too early and when the florist was outside setting up the person decided to take it among themselves to put the flowers on, the wrong flowers- all they had to do was walk out side and ask the florist. oh well, the cake ended up beautiful and delicious!

Review for Milford Bakery

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 nancy k

They worked with us on exactly what we had in mind, and the end result was perfect! The cake was so good that my groom and I had to hide two pieces so that we could have it the next day. They also give a gift certificate to have a layer of your cake made for your one year... Read More anniversary so you don't have to worry about saving and freezing your top layer.

Review for Milford Bakery

Reviewed on 8/29/2007 Kelly B

The cake tasted so good. The frosting was amazing.;Make sure you double check payment deadlines. They only accept cash or check.