Milford Hills

Johnson Creek, WI

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

A rustic oasis in the heart of Wisconsin, Milford Hills Hunt Club offers 500 acres of beautiful rolling hills and picturesque landscape for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Located in Johnson Creek, Milford Hills Hunt Club is conveniently situated halfway between Milwaukee and Madison. Many couples choose to hold their wedding ceremony outside under the arbor that overlooks the water. The bride and groom have their choice of indoor reception spaces.

The Main Dining Room in the clubhouse combines elegance with a hunting lodge atmosphere. Stuffed and mounted animals are scattered throughout the room, which has a log cabin feel and features a large stone fireplace and antler chandeliers. Large windows provide generous amounts of natural light while showcasing views of the beautiful countryside. This room comfortably seats 200 guests with the option of tenting on the lawn outside for more seating.

The Hideaway provides intimate dining for a smaller reception of up to 75 guests. It features dark woodwork, an Amish-made bar, stunning chandeliers and animal mounts throughout. An outside patio provides additional space and stunning views.

Milford Hills Hunt Club hosts weddings from May through August on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and on Saturdays in September and October. Catering and full bar service are available on-site, with an extensive menu and various packages to let couples customize the food service for the wedding reception.

Wedding parties who wish to stay on-site can find lodging at The Ranch. This cabin sleeps eight people and has four themed bedrooms, three bathrooms, a bar and a kitchen.

Each couple works directly with an on-site coordinator to ensure that the wedding planning is a smooth process. Milford Hills Hunt Club offers three customizable wedding packages that offer everything needed for a wedding celebration. Couples who book a wedding at Milford Hills Hunt Club receive the following:

• On-site coordinator
  • On-site food and beverage manager
  • Facility staff
  • Setup and cleanup
  • Fully staffed double-sided bar
  • Outdoor ceremony site
  • Access to the entire property for pictures
  • Bridal suite
  • Groom's dressing room
  • Dinnerware
  • Tables
  • Gold Chiavari chairs
  • Four TV screens
  • Wireless microphone

For late-night receptions, couples can choose from the following add-ons to satisfy their hungry guests:

• Pizza package
  • Pretzel bar
  • Taco bar

Milford Hills Hunt Club also offers other special package add-ons that go a long way toward making your wedding a memorable one, including:

• Let Love Sparkle - gives the bride and groom a sparkler send-off (as well as stunning photos)
  • Light Up The Sky - fireworks display by trained professionals
  • S'more Love - s'more fixings for your guests
  • Wedding Party Hayride - gives you a good chance to take advantage of the beautiful property for photos
  • Kids' Korner - snacks and activities just for kids

Unique Outdoor Ceremony Site with Rustic Lodge

Let us treat you to a reception unlike any other! The rustic elegance of the Clubhouse provides an electric atmosphere to celebrate in, while the dining is unparalleled & features a unique, exquisite menu that seduces your senses. Contact us today for more information!

Ballroom, Barn, Country Club, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

W5670 French Road, Johnson Creek, WI (920) 699-2249

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Caitlin B

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Jamie E

Milford Hills gave me and my husband a wedding that we could not even imagine. It was everything that we hoped for and more. Milford has both indoor and outdoor space, including the ability to trap shoot the day of the wedding ;) They offer every type of service you would... Read More ever need (rehearsal, lunch for the bridesmaids/groomsmen the day of the wedding, a tractor to take you to several areas on the property for pictures, lemonade for guests when they arrive at the ceremony etc.). In addition to the beautiful location and lodge, the staff and wedding coordinators are beyond amazing. They always answered my questions promptly and went out of their way to make sure I had every detail covered. Because of these people, our wedding ran like an efficient machine. Even our guests were blown away by how beautiful the venue was and how wonderful the staff were. Plus, to make the fairytale even more real...at the end of the night, there were so many fireflies over the pond that it looked someone released fairy dust just for us :) Milford Hills will be the best choice you could make for your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/06/2015

We celebrated our daughter and son-in-law's wedding at Milford Hills recently and highly recommend the venue to anyone looking for a wedding venue. The hunting lodge is absolutely beautiful, the grounds are meticulously maintained and offer wonderful options for photos, the... Read More food is amazing, and the staff was fantastic to work with. Give them a call for a tour and discuss options - you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Shauna T

Milford Hills is an incredible wedding venue. The scenery can't be beat, the food is phenomenal and the staff is on point. We worked with Alix and Jill for about a year and a half before our wedding and they made sure that we had a perfect day - they have weddings down to a... Read More science here. Four months later our guests are still talking about how much fun our wedding was and how gorgeous Milford Hills is. We didn't need to worry about caterers or rentals because all of that was included, so that made planning so much easier. I would definitely recommend Milford Hills to any couple looking for an amazing "rustic" wedding venue.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Leah K

Booking our wedding at Milford Hills was truly the best decision we could have possibly made during our wedding planning process! Milford Hills is truly a spectacular venue that is completely unique and different. We were looking for a laid back, relaxed, woodsy meets boho chic... Read More venue and that's exactly what we got! Alix was absolutely wonderful to work with and she ALWAYS answered my questions immediately (and I asked A LOT)! Our day was made perfect by the Milford Hills staff who were extremely nice and helpful the day of the wedding. Milford Hills is also very reasonably priced for what you get. Do not bother looking anywhere else!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Zach N

Milford Hills and their staff were so incredible to work with. The details, the professionalism, and the venue were all top notch. I have never heard so many compliments on wedding food before! There were so many people there to make sure everything was done right. They are... Read More flexible and willing to work with your wedding to make it very personalized. This was the only venue that had a great set up not only for the women but also for the guys to get ready in! We had our own lounge to relax and hang out in before all the fun began. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone getting married. Thank you so much!

Milford Hills is a beautiful and rustic location with amazing staff!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Megan S

I was so pleased with how the day turned out and all of the coordination that lead up to it. Shae was very responsive throughout the whole planning process and the staff that worked the reception were so friendly. The food was prepared perfectly! We had nothing but rave reviews... Read More from all of our guests on the food and the atmosphere. We had many guests that said this is the best wedding dinner they have ever experienced. Thank you for such a memorable wedding!

2016-01-26T09:39:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! We absolutely loved getting to play a role in your big day.

Dream wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Caitlin B

My husband and I got married on September 19th, 2015 at Milford Hills. It was a wedding dream come true! We fell in love with the venue at our initial visit after finding it online after a long search for the perfect venue. Driving up to it I knew we had found our venue. It... Read More could not be a more beautiful setting. From the drive up to the venue, to the beautiful outside ceremony site and breathtaking reception space it is the perfect venue if you are looking for that rustic, unique feel. We knew we wanted a venue that was not your traditional banquet hall and was a representation of us and we couldn't have found a more perfect venue. All of our guests said that they could not have imagined us getting married anywhere else. We live 2 hours away from Milford Hills along with our families and friends but it was well worth the drive. I can't tell you how many of our guests asked us how we came across this gorgeous venue. You fell like you're in your own country paradise. We also cannot say enough good things about the event coordinator Shae and all of the staff at Milford Hills. Shae was so easy to work with and always responded back to emails quickly. She even helped us accommodate very last minute additions to our guest list. Shae and her staff made sure that everything went smoothly the night of the wedding. All of the staff was extremely nice and helpful. The food was absolutely delicious and received a lot of compliments from our guests. Shae and the staff at Milford Hills definitely go above and beyond to make sure that everything is perfect and that you have the wedding of your dreams. Shae even held an umbrella over me the night of rehearsal so that I was covered since it was raining. The guys all went clay shooting the morning of the wedding and could not have had more fun. They are already talking about how they are going to make it a yearly tradition. We could go on and on about how amazing the venue and staff is. We honestly do not have one complaint/bad thing to say. You will definitely not regret booking this venue for your wedding. There is not a more beautiful place that we can think of for a wedding. Caitlin and Jaimie C.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Amanda B

Our guests were blown away by the views and the land at Milford Hills. We were blessed with a beautiful day and the guests were able to enjoy time both indoors and outdoors. The ceremony site is breathtaking! They also have great facilities to allow for both sides of the wedding... Read More party to get ready. We also loved the food and enjoyed working with Shae!

Best wedding EVER!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Megan M

My wedding reception here was PERFECT! I can not begin to give enough praise to the team of people who helped make our day and night so special! The unique atmosphere, the warm welcoming staff and the classy yet comfortable feel of Milford Hills couldn't have been a better fit... Read More for us. Being a bride I was a little hesitant about letting my husband choose the reception site, but after working with the event coordinator's and staff and seeing the final results, I can honestly say it was the best decision I could have made! I would not have changed a single thing! There are no words to describe how hard the team worked to make sure that every little detail was perfect and exactly as I envisioned! It was the perfect contrast of the natural elements of the hunt club while keeeping all of the small details so classy and beautiful! THANK YOU MILFORD HILLS! You will see us again!

AWESOME VENUE is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Jill P

We got married here on Sept 6, 2014. We picked this venue because it was so unique and the food was great! The wedding coordinator, Jill, is amazing. The portions were good, they were very flexible, and the view for the ceremony is phenomenal! There are a ton of awesome rustic... Read More places to do all your pictures too! If you are looking for something unique and fun, this place is perfect!

The very best!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Michelle V

Milford Hills wedding coordinator, Jill, is a saint. She made my wedding significantly less stressful. She has a very welcoming personality and was amazing to work with. The venue speaks for itself. It is breathtakingly beautiful. All my guests raved about the venue. They... Read More offer a lot of fun, unique additions: hayride, s'mores at night, shooting range, etc. Could not have been more pleased with the way my wedding turned out. AMAZING.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Janell W

At first through the planning I got nervous as we went through a few event coordinators before working with Jill (the director). After all of that and the different things being told by different people--it was wonderful!!! Jill was so accommodating with everything that we... Read More had asked/needed. Within a day she would always get back to my questions/emails. And made sure that we stayed on task when we needed to plan and get together. The day of the wedding was sort of stressful due to the rain and where we were going to have the ceremony. Jill and her staff were willing to change the room around for us to have the ceremony inside or wipe chairs dry outside. Staff even helped to set up our decorations and everything we needed to get done that morning. The food was AMAZING! We had so many compliments about how tasty it was. And that there wasn't a wait for everyone to get served--which sometimes happens at other places. The whole night, staff made sure that my husband and I were good and that we didn't need anything. They helped to watch and make sure we didn't go over our open tab and still made sure everyone had a drink and was having a good time! At the end of the night, they even cleaned up our centerpieces and put our presents in a locked room. I was surprised and so thankful! I recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have a wedding with a country/hunting twist but still formal. I couldn't image having our wedding anywhere else and would spend the money again in a heart beat here! Thank you Milford Hills staff and especially Jill for everything you did for us to make our wedding more than we could have imagined!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Kate P

I received soo many compliments on the venue (even from people who aren't into the whole "hunt club" thing). Anna was awesome to work with. Everything went exactly (if not better than) how I had planned.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 Dawn B

A gorgeous venue- inside and outside. The food was delicious. Everyone was helpful and friendly. I couldn't have asked for a nicer location for our wedding!

Perfect for a nature loving couple

Reviewed on 8/13/2012 Emily K

My husband & I fell in loe with this place even when driving up to the facility. Everything from the entrace, main hall, ceremony site, to the rooms for the bride & groom to get ready in was amazing and beautiful. We had not one complaint about the food / dinner - in... Read More fact everyone we've talked to thus far had said how delicious it was (& very generous portion sized). Their on-site event planner was also a huge help and great to work with. I would definetely recommend this venue as a choice for those couples that enjoy the outdoors and like the "hunting" theme of the place.

Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Rebecca L

I was told it was the best wedding many have ever attended. Best food, best venue, best service. No decorations needed as this property and landscape make this the most beautiful venue I have ever seen. Anna, the director of events, made everything seamless and perfect. I will... Read More recommend Milford Hills to anyone, especially to those who want the ceremony outside and reception on-site.

Milford Hills was an amazing Wedding Venue!!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2012 Hayley L

My husband and I recently held our ceremony and reception at Milford Hills Hunt Club in Johnson Creek, WI. We could not have been happier with the beautiful location, the amazing food, and the awesome atmosphere. With the help of Anna and Jill, our wedding day went off without a... Read More hitch, and our other vendors shared several times that they had a great experience with the Milford Hills Staff. We were so happy to share our day at such an outstanding venue, and hope to return again soon for another event!!!!

Loved It

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 kim j

They were on top of everything! Not to mention it was beautiful! Great Place

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Molly S

Our venue was beyond spectacular! We had the best experience and day. Janet, their coordinator is so helpful, flexible, and willing to do whatver it takes to have your day go off without a hitch. We took one of their food/bar packages and asked them to customize it for us and... Read More they were able to with no additional charges. We had our ceremony and reception on site and I cannot rave enough about how helpful the staff is! Everyone went above and beyond and I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

85 percent

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Danielle A

everything was beautiful that day the only thing that was bad was they served the top layer to the guests and that is usually what the bride and groom keep for their 1st anniversary.

The best wedding food you will find!

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Erin D

Milford Hills Hunt Club is a beautiful place for a wedding ceremony and reception. The food is fantanstic! We received many compliments on the taste of the food and the huge portion sizes. You will not be disappointed!

EXCELLENT!!!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2011 Hilary E

I received so many wonderful comments about Milford Hill's. So many people stated it was the best place for a wedding. If you want something indoors and outdoors, and one of a kind, then have your wedding here!! The outdoor setting for our ceremony was breathe-taking. The indoor... Read More setting for our reception was elegant. Our food was amazing, great size portions, and the best people have had. You get the whole place to yourselves, and you never want to leave.

Great Wedding at Milford Hills

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Jamie P

My husband and I were very happy with our wedding at Milford Hills. The wedding coordinator there was very helpful and the staff was great. The food was wonderful and the portions were large. The outdoor ceremony site was beautiful and the landscaping enhanced our pictures. Our... Read More guests enjoyed every aspect of the wedding too. I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for an intimate outdoor ceremony and a unique reception site!

Best Decision We Made!

Reviewed on 10/02/2010 Cindy K

Milford Hills Hunt Club is worth every penny. The site was beautiful, the food was delicious, and I didn't need to worry about anything on the wedding day! We received so many compliments!