$ – Inexpensive

Cake Accessories, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

52950 Van Dyke Ave, Shelby Township, MI (586) 254-9700

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Jennifer R

Our Raspberry Lemonade European torte cake was phenomenal! It tastes like summer! Thank you for our beautiful wedding cake!!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Courtney T

Everyone raved about our cake. We loved working with this bakery, and it came out beautiful! Thank you for helping to make our special day! Courtney & Jeremy

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jennifer B

Great experience from beginning to end. The cake tasting was perfect, they have a ton of flavor choices to choose from and all of them are amazing. I really enjoyed that their buttercream isn't too sweet and doesn't leave that grainy texture in your mouth that I experienced from... Read More other tastings. We ended up going with the Italian Torte, which was absolute perfection. It's a little lemony with a raspberry filling and fresh whipped cream. Our guests raved about how amazing our cake was. Due to the light texture of this cake, it was fake aside from the top tier which I had no problem with because you never would have known. I showed Gasper my cake-spiration photos and he absolutely NAILED IT! The design was everything that I hoped for and more. He was very easy to work with and easy to contact. Price was perfect. Aside from the wedding cake, we had also picked up other goodies from the bakery for our shower and I can honestly say that I haven't disliked anything I bought from Militello's; I will definitely continue going there for anything else I need in the future.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Didn't use this vendor but went for a cake tasting. Cake was pretty tasty. However, he was very pushy, which I found off-putting. He kept trying to get my to try the pineapple torte cake even after I said I was allergic to pineapple MULTIPLE times. Thought it was quite pricy... Read More considering your getting fake cake with sheet cakes to serve.

Heavenly!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Ashlee B

The cake is AMAZING! I was not at all excited about a wedding cake but my husband wanted one. But once we had tried Militello's Italian Torte I was super excited for cake! Gasper Militello is very picky and that can turn off a lot of brides. It wasn't the best price we were... Read More quoted, it was a little more expensive than most places, but the cake was worth it!

Delicious & Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 2/20/2015 Amy R

My fiance and I selected Militello’s Bakery for the cake for our January 2015 wedding. They have absolutely the best tasting wedding cake I've ever had! I had researched several other local bakeries and was not impressed with either their taste tests or online reviews. We... Read More decided to try Militello’s after taste testing their tortes at Viviano’s Bridal Show. The owner met with us personally in the bakery, and was very helpful in deciding on our cake flavor and design. We were able to try several different flavors, and he gave us a sample of the lemon-raspberry torte even though it wasn’t part of their normal tasting. We ended up selecting lemon-raspberry and it was seriously the best wedding cake I’ve ever had! The tortes are not at all dry like you can get with wedding cake and the flavor is impressive. We received many compliments from guests on the cake (so many have commented on the fact they wanted more than one piece at the wedding!). The cake was just beautiful (4 layers covered with rosettes on the first three layers, ending with a smooth top layer with just a few rosettes). It was more than I could have imagined and simply tasted delicious. We plan on ordering a small torte for our anniversaries - trying all of their different flavors. If you want something that guests will remember, definitely go with a Militello’s torte!

Yummmm!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Elizabeth D

We decided on a chocolate raspberry torte cake. BEYOND amazing. I ate left over cake for days and it was still delicious. Everyone loved how beautiful the cake looked and how it tasted even better! Will use them for all my cake and bakery needs from now on!!!

Tasty Cake

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Christina W

We went with the European Torte and it was delicious! A slightly lemon flavored batter with raspberry filling...YUM! The cake looked phenomenal and I'll definitely try to use them again in the future for other baked goods.

Delicious Cake

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Leigh S

The cake tasted great! But, Gasper didn't tell me beforehand that there was a $50 deposit for the fake cake that would be returned when the fake cake was returned. That was conveyed at when dropping off the fabric three weeks before the wedding. Also, my fiance at the time and I... Read More went through the pictures of cakes, settled on one we liked, but the actual wedding cake did not look like the picture he showed us at the meeting. The cake was still delicious and looked good but it wasn't what I thought it was going to look like.

Excellent Cake

Reviewed on 2/03/2013 Rachel S

We had a small reception before our destination wedding to celebrate our legal marriage. The cake was absolutely delicious! The cake was incredibly fresh and the filling was cannoli cream and strawberries. It was exactly how I had imagined our cake to look. All of our guests... Read More loved the cake and I would highly recommend Militello's Bakery to anyone looking for great food and service.

Beautiful and Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Alexa C

I was in awe at how beautiful my wedding cake came out. Not only that, but several of my guests commented that it was the best cake they had ever tasted. I would definitely recommend Militello's Bakery!

Delicious

Reviewed on 9/14/2012 Amanda V

Militello's has amazing europian tortes. We had the canolli filling in our cake and it was to die for. I did buy roses to have on the cake and they never ending up on the it, but the owner made called and made it right before i even had the chance to call him. He noticed it, and... Read More called me right away to apoligize. Even without the roses, my cake was BEAUTIFUL!!!

Delicious and Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 9/01/2012 Meagan T

I absolutely LOVED my cake. I went in thinking I was going to get a plain old vanilla cake, but after tasting them I went with the pineapple mandarin torte. It was DELICIOUS and the torte was similar in price to a plain flavor at other places. You actually get to meet and taste... Read More with the owner. It had a very mom and pop feel, and the cake was delicious and beautiful!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Anson M

The cake was delicious and very beautiful. Truly a unique european style cake. We met with the owner and his wife for our cake tasting they really did a great job. He said they're the best, we agreed.

Super awesome!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Kelly G

I loved my cake. Loved it. Very reasonably priced for 200 guests.

Great Cake!

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Tina K

EVERYONE at my wedding raved about the cake! They were a bit pricey in comparison to some other places, but the cake was beautiful and tasted great!

So Yummy

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Dawn T

Mr. Militello is a wonderful man with amazing cakes. He took the time to speak to me and my mother without having an appointment. He does such beautiful work and they taste great too. Everyone loved the cake and I was able to save some money by using a fake cake and no one knew... Read More the difference. If you are looking for great cake at a great price Militello's Bakery is it.

Wonderful cake!

Reviewed on 5/21/2012 Ashley D

We used this bakery for our wedding and plan on using them for all of our cake needs from now on. Its a family bakery and they work with you to help you choose the right wedding cake for your wedding. The cake was delicious and decorated to really fit our wedding. We ended up... Read More doing two tastings because we wanted more of their cake. Also every time we went there, we ended up buying treats for ourselves. They were also a very good deal.

Guests are still talking about how good the cake w

Reviewed on 1/05/2012 Adrieann B

We had a very simple cake (white cake with white frosting), but don't let that fool you - the taste was out of this world. Gasper even added a small amount of "cafe" coloring so our icing wasn't stark white. The result was simple, elegant, and classy. We took some left over... Read More cake home with us and ate every last bit. Our guests have gone on and on about how good the cake was. Thanks for a great experience - my husband and I will be back!

Cake Cake Cake!

Reviewed on 10/17/2011 Jennifer B

This is tough one to review. Taste get's a 5 star. However, if I had to do it again, I would not use this vendor. First off, the owner gets you to commit right away by offering you a great price of $2.50 per guest. He said we would get a free anniversary cake (since you cannot... Read More save the top on a european torte) and a free grooms cake. When I went back 2 months before my wedding to give them an exact design and confirm my order, he said he would not honor the grooms cake, "he made a mistake". At this point he already had my money. I was annoyed, but let it slide. He then added on a charge for the cake stand (after telling us when we booked that would be our final price). When I gave him my cake design, he said it was too complicated and he could "try" to do it, but it would cost me extra. He was not very easy to work with. I had to relay changes to him 4-5 times before he got them right, and was actually worried the cake was going to be a disaster. It did turn out ok, but definitely was not a "wow". We did receive a ton of compliments on the flavor we went with (pineapple maderine orange). To top everything off, after the wedding when we went to return the cake stand, he said "he made a mistake" and he does not include an anniversary cake. That's when my now husband stepped in. In the end, the owner ended up writing on a sticky note "1 free anniversary 1 year from today"....so I'm sure there's going to be more trouble with him when we go to reclaim it. So all in all, this was not an ideal vendor to use. The taste of the cake however, may be worth it to some, but not me!

Delicious!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Chelsey P

Everyone loved the cake! We went with their pineapple mandarin orange torte and it was AMAZING! Well worth your time to go in and taste their products. We are already looking forward to our free one year anniversary cake. :)

Cannoli Cake!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Stephanie G

We got the Italian Cream Cassata cake (we calledit our cannoli cake) and people are still talking about our cake. It is so yummy and delicious and Militello's definitely has something different to offer than a lot of other places. Also, the decorations on the cake were... Read More amazing!!

Best Tasting and Best Looking Cake!

Reviewed on 8/11/2011 Melissa K

If you want a cake that will literally WOW your guests- get the cake we ordered! We had a 4 tier Pineapple-Mandarin Torte. They uses layers of sponge, brush them with fresh orange juice, and put pineapple mandarin mousse in between. Everyone loved it! It was light and not too... Read More sweet. We had a whipped cream frosting and covered the whole cake in giant sugar crystals, so the cake just sparkled. Also, to save money, the bottom 3 layers were fake, so we really only paid for the top tier and sheets. We had enough for about 225 people- and they are extra big servings, for $600. Not bad when we compared them to other places. No one else has a cake like this.

Pretty good

Reviewed on 7/28/2011 Lauren C

The cake was very good, though communication was difficult. We planned our wedding from out of state and feel that it would have been easier if we could just go in and talk with them instead of emailing and calling back and forth after our initial in person meeting. We left... Read More with the impression that the details were understood and taken care of, but there was a lot that was either forgotten or never noted. In the end everything was great, but a lot of back and forth to get the details nailed down.

Delicious, beautiful cake

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Lisa P

The cake was truly delicious and very elegantly decorated. My only complaint was that I really didn't have any say in the decoration of the cake-he pretty much has a standard butter cream cake he does. But the taste couldn't be beat- everyone raved about it!