Minneapolis Golf Club

Saint Louis Park, MN

Not a member? That's ok, we'll treat you like one.

Our 100 years of tradition will equip you with professional planning, delicious menus and affordability. You will relive your wedding day for years to come as our spectacular views add sparkle to your day. Enjoy the exquisite Minneapolis Golf Club, conveniently located minutes from downtown Minneapolis!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

2001 Flag Ave. South, Saint Louis Park, MN

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Sarah A

What an amazing day! Our wedding reception was at the Minneapolis Golf Club on July 23, 2016. The wedding theme was more vintage and the building (both inside and out) was a perfect back drop for what we were looking for. From the beginning, Nancy and her team of Molly and... Read More Paige, were absolute professionals in planning out and discussing the ideas we had to make our day special. All of the food was exquisite (especially the late night pizza) and I heard so many wonderful compliments from our guests about how beautiful the reception site was. If we ever had any questions or concerns, Nancy was there for us every step of the way to assure us that the question was answered or she would have a solution to the problem. The only sad part was that we couldn't take wedding photos on the golf course due to the rain that fell earlier in the day, but you cannot control the weather on your wedding day and you just need to do the best you can to make it extra special. We we're still able to get photos on the 10th hole and use the beautiful landscaping around the venue as a background. The skies cleared up at the end of the day, so we did get some wonderful sunset photos that I'm sure will turn out amazing. Overall I would highly recommend the Minneapolis Golf Club as a wedding reception site especially if you are looking for a once in a lifetime event for your special day.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Lindsay H

We had our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club on July 15, 2016. From the first time we looked at the golf club, we had a great feeling about the place and people we would be working with. Throughout the planning process, Nancy Johnson answered every question I had promptly and... Read More professionally. The in person meetings we had went wonderfully. I couldn't say more good things about all of the people we were in contact with. Nancy knows her stuff! The prices are definitely fair and are actually much better than most places. We loved knowing how much it would cost and we didn't have to worry about extra charges popping up. On the day of the wedding, everything went according to plan. We used the upstairs room to get ready in. It is so spacious and beautiful. It was perfect for our hairstylists and makeup artists. The staff was so sweet and fun. Everyone was extremely professional. Our pictures turned out great and there were a ton of cool places in front of the building to take pictures. Our guests were blown away by the beauty and uniqueness of a club. It is definitely not a typical golf club and has a different feel that we loved. I loved having my wedding at MGC and would recommend anyone to have their wedding there!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club in June of 2016. It was one of the best receptions that I have ever been to and not just because it was my own. The venue is beautiful and Nancy and her team are absolutely amazing! Nancy took care... Read More of everything and had suggestions for everything that I had questions on. She is extremely organized, but very flexible. The reception planning process was far less stressful knowing that everything would be taken care of. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful location and wonderful employees that ensure everything runs very smoothly.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Danielle A

We held our reception at the Minneapolis golf course last summer and we could not have asked for a better venue! Almost a year later our guests still talk about how wonderful the food was! Nancy and her team ensured everything ran smoothly leaving us worry free. The guests... Read More particularly loved the butler passed hors d'oeuvres and the steak and shrimp entree!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Anne

The Minneapolis Golf Club and Nancy Johnson and staff were a pleasure to work with in planning our May 2016 wedding. It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. First, the venue is beautiful and hardly needs any decorations (which was great because I was NOT a DIY... Read More bride). We got tons of compliments on the venue. The MGC was affordable and had very straightforward pricing - which is huge if you have looked at the pricing at other venues that have many hidden costs. The food was delicious - we had the Pasta Primavera and Wild Rice Cashew Chicken - and we had great service. Molly who works with Nancy is also great! Nancy Johnson answered all my questions in the months leading up to the wedding and had great suggestions for vendors and other tips. She even called and clarified an order with one of my vendors during our final meeting so I didn't have to. I highly recommend the Minnesota Gold Club! They know what they are doing.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Katie D

We could NOT be happier with how everything turned out for our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club. We planned our wedding from Dallas Texas and Nancy was AMAZING the work with, even with the distance. I am naturally a worrier and the day of the wedding things went so smoothly... Read More I didn't even have to think about what was going to happen next, they had everything covered! The food was very good and everyone was raving about it. HIGHLY recommend this as your wedding ceremony/reception location. Katie and Jacob

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Michelle S

We cannot thank the MPLS Golf Club staff enough for helping make our wedding so wonderful! We received many compliments about the wonderful food (served hot!), staff, and venue. We received a booklet of information after our first visit that included a checklist leading up to... Read More the big day - this was so helpful to reference throughout the planning process to make sure we had everything in order. The staff is very responsive, which left little to worry about leading up to our wedding. We highly recommend this venue to others, and will forever remember our amazing reception and experience thanks to this incredible team! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing in our special day!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Alexandra C

From the first time we toured the Minneapolis Golf Club, I knew I wanted this to be my wedding reception venue. This 100 year old golf club had a classic charm and impeccable service. Nancy, the wedding coordinator, was a dream to work with. She kept me calm throughout the... Read More entire planning process, even helping with a few creative decisions and vendor recommendations. Many guests complimented me and my husband on the service provided by the golf club staff as well as the appetizers and food served. We were very pleased with how quickly the plated dinner was served. Everything ran very smoothly logistics and time-wise. Molly, a staff member, was attentive to our every need... thank you Molly!!! Nancy and her staff certainly have weddings down to a science. Thank you Minneapolis Golf Club for a wedding we, and our guests, will not soon forget.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Molly N

Where do we even start? The Minneapolis Golf Club was outstanding for our wedding reception site and made for a perfect venue! You are truly in the best hands with Nancy and her staff. From day one, Nancy is always there to answer any questions and she couldn't have been more... Read More responsive with all the questions we had (emails, calls, etc. with random questions that came up throughout the planning). We had a live band, dessert bar and photo booth and the set-up was beyond perfect. Not to mention, the food is so delicious and would recommend the Chicken Wild Rice, especially for a fall wedding. The MGC is the real deal and package, especially when it comes down to value and trying to stay within a reasonable budget. Nancy is honest and upfront and will make sure to work with the vision you want to bring to life. There is so much charm and elegance to the MGC, perfect for any wedding. We would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Anna G

We held our reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club and couldn't be happier with our decision. Nancy and the staff were great, they were very helpful throughout the whole process. The venue itself is gorgeous, you don't need much for decorations. We received many compliments on... Read More the venue and the food. Would highly recommend this venue to others.

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Stephanie D

Minneapolis Golf Club is a wonderful wedding venue. It is set up great for a cocktail hour and reception. The staff is great. Nancy is very responsive, helpful and understanding of budgets, etc. We got a ton of compliments from our guests. The food was awesome too!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Laura K

The Minneapolis Golf Club was an absolutely wonderful place to have our wedding ceremony and reception! Nancy was extremely helpful, and a pleasure to work with. On the day of the event (9/5/15) every single detail was perfect, and everything went without a hitch. The staff... Read More working the wedding was awesome!! We had multiple people tell us how great the service was. I wouldn't change anything!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Lindsay H

Nancy and her team at the Minneapolis Golf Club surpassed every one of our high expectations for our wedding day! The staff was so gracious and attentive, making both us and our guests feel so special. The venue and course is gorgeous and will make for great photo opportunities.... Read More And the food was out of this world - our guests were raving! We could not have done it without the amazing coordination and attention to detail that Nancy has - it was the most perfect day in every way. We would highly recommend the MGC to anyone who asks and would give anything to relive our day there over and over again!

Wonderful Ceremony & Reception Site!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Sarah G

We could not have asked for a better site to have both our ceremony and reception. Nancy emailed us right away when we submitted an initial email and was very, very responsive throughout the planning process and afterwards. Knowing she was going to be there on the day of eased... Read More my Type-A crazy mind completely. We had a couple of meetings with Nancy (including some last minute drop ins so additional people could see the space) and a great food tasting. We couldn't taste the appetizers but all the food was fabulous and we have received wonderful feedback about it. We took all of Nancy's suggestions (uplighting, food counts, etc) and she was spot on. Our estimate only ended up with us owing another $125. It was great not to have surprise expenses to throw off the budget. I know there's more I should mention but I can't remember enough details even anymore even though it was only two weeks ago. The day was a blur as everyone said it would be and I am so glad I was able to enjoy it mostly because I had so much confidence in the venue!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Scott H

We hosted our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club on August 28th. The day was just perfect! Nancy and her team were amazing to work with throughout the planning. She gave us great ideas and helped us understand the best places to invest to create a wonderful evening for our... Read More guests. The day of, everything was executed according to plan. We had many compliments from guests on the food, the staff and the elegance of the golf club. I could have not asked for a more perfect way to begin our marriage!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Christina F

My wife and I had our ceremony and reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club on June 13th, and everything was amazing! From the first meeting to the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly with Nancy. She diligently worked with me and my wife to make everything perfect... Read More and to coordinate with all of our other vendors. The food at the Minneapolis Golf Club was delicious, and I mean delicious! That and the service were mostly what our guests had to complement us on. The inside decor is beautiful and did not require much additional decoration for the ceremony or the reception. The turnover of the room from the ceremony setup to the reception setup was perfectly timed as well as it allowed our guests to visit and have a few drinks and appetizers in the other two rooms. The staff was very professional and diligent in their work and made everything perfect. We could have not asked for a better venue to celebrate our wedding day! Thank you all at the MGC!

Amazing Venue and Coordinator!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Adam D

We had our wedding at Minneapolis Golf Club in July 2015 and couldn't be more pleased with how it went! We received many compliments about how beautiful the location was and how good the appetizers/food were. Nancy and her staff were excellent to work with. Whenever we had... Read More questions she gave us suggestions that ended up being spot on. I would definitely recommend this venue for those getting married in the future!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Jill

Our wedding reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club was perfect! We had our reception at MGC earlier this summer and we can’t stop talking about it. Nancy was so helpful and great to work with throughout our entire planning process - the initial meeting, menu tasting, final... Read More walk through and the day of the wedding. She provided us with a list of vendors, which was especially valuable and helped us make decisions that were within our budget. The food was amazing. - we received so many compliments from our guests. Nancy and her staff took care of everything. We had no worries and knew we were in good hands. Our day was everything we hoped for and we would highly recommend the Minneapolis Golf Club!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Anne S

We held our wedding reception at Minneapolis Golf Club on May 9, 2015 and we couldn't have been happier about our decision. Nancy Johnson Ewald, the event coordinator, was a consummate professional and made the planning process very easy for us. She met with us multiple times... Read More and assured all of the important details were addressed. Nancy was great at listening to our ideas and gave us great advice, including vendor recommendations that fit our taste and style, to make our reception perfect...and within our budget! When the big day arrived, MGC took care of everything and it was better than we could have imagined. We had several guests go out of their way to tell us how much they loved the food, the staff, and the beautiful venue. Nancy and her experienced crew had all of the details worked out and we were able to relax and enjoy the celebration with our guests. That was the biggest relief for us, we did not have to think about any venue-related details. It was truly a perfect evening and we highly recommend Nancy Johnson Ewald and the Minneapolis Golf Club. Anne and Reed

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Amanda M

The most amazing day ever! The entire experience for the past year working with Nancy and her staff leading up to our wedding on July 18, ,2015 was incredible. The communication, and recommendation of vendors, and tours of the venue, and food tasting made it a great way to plan... Read More from out of state and have it all fall into place. Nancy assured me, all we had to do was show up and they would take care of the rest; she was absolutely correct! I also can't say enough things about her banquet staff and the manager for the night, Molly. She answered all my questions, kept the place running smoothly with hot food, cold and full drinks, tables set, and deadlines met. My husband and I had a wonderful night and the guests had nothing but positive "oos and ahhhs". I grew up coming to MGC as a little girl, and to cherish such a special day and memories I will never forget, and a place that was top notch is amazing. I highly recommend this as your wedding venue if you want somewhere with easy highway and attraction access, beautiful grounds, and staff that are trained well at what they do. I can assure you, it will be the best day ever, as it was ours! Amanda and Tayton Eggenberger

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Heidi L

Better than imagined! We recently had our reception at MGC and it was so easy! Nancy is wonderful to work with. She will respond to you promptly and is very trustworthy! Let me tell you about the food! We did not do a tasting as it was not in our budget and the food was... Read More phenominal. That is the one thing that everyone brings up to us was how great the food was! I would highly recommend this venue and their staff. Everyone was great to work with. The venue is beautiful so you dont need much decorating! I am so happy we chose the Minneapolis Golf Club.

Best Ever Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 1/21/2015

My daughter's wedding was this past weekend, January 17,2015 at the Minneapolis Golf Club. Nancy Johnson Ewald and her team helped to make my daughter's vision for her wedding a reality. The food was divine from the cocktail hour appetizers to the dinner to the desserts.... Read More We did the ceremony and the reception at the Club. The venue is stunningly beautiful and it helped carry on the Great Gatsby theme my daughter and NEW son in law wanted for their wedding. The staff worked efficiently along side our florist and wedding day cooridinator to turn the room over for the reception! Our guests were impressed with the ease of parking and the general overall experience they had at the Minneapolis Golf Club. I highly recommend prospective brides and grooms visit Nancy and get a tour and taste the food. You will not be disappointed! You will be impressed with the professional way you will be treated and the value cannot be beat! Please Nancy Johnson Ewald, Catering Director and get your tour. I promise you will be impressed. Susan McCarthy

A beautiful location

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Kolleen B

We loved working with the Minneapolis Golf Club. Nancy and her staff are easy to work with and Nancy gave us great recommendations of other vendors to use. Our guests enjoyed the venue, food & service. We would highly recommend the Minneapolis Golf Club.

Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 12/26/2014 Kelly G

We got married in December, and the venue was decorated for Christmas. It was absolutely gorgeous! We had our Ceremony first and then a cocktail hour. During the cocktail hour they flipped the room for the reception. Everything was beautiful! Nancy was absolutely AMAZING to... Read More work with! She had awesome suggestions and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. Nancy knows what looks good together and helped us make decisions on what tablecloths and napkins would look best with our centerpieces. She is able to visualize the whole look, and her insight was extremely valuable. We asked her questions about her thoughts on things like flip flops by the dance floor and kid bags, and she gave her honest opinion on both-kids bags are a nice thing to have, and flip flops often don't get used. I can't say enough good things about Nancy. She was absolutely wonderful!!!! There were a couple of things that I wish would have been a little different. For the food tasting you have to pay for the entrees that you are try and the maximum you could try was 4. We also weren't able to try any appetizers or late night food. They also don't put the centerpieces on the table for you, so our wedding party had to miss half the cocktail hour placing centerpieces on the tables. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married and have our reception. Knowing that the staff knew what they were doing and took care of the flow of everything the day of was a huge relief. I highly recommend anyone that is looking for a venue to take a tour here!

Minneapolis Golf Club

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kate S

My husband and I were very impressed after using the Minneapolis Golf Club for our wedding. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful all throughout the planning process. The catering director was easy to reach via email and answered all my questions timely. She has much... Read More experience running wedding receptions and it was apparent! The package includes everything and there are no surprise fees like many of the other reception venues in the area. The reception ran smoothly and the staff was gracious and helpful. We were very impressed with the venue and would recommend to other wedding couples without hesitation.