Minneapolis Golf Club

Saint Louis Park, MN

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Minneapolis Golf Club is a desirable venue for special occasions. The wedding venue is located in Saint Louis Park, Minnesota and hosts wedding ceremonies and receptions in elegant style. With a focus on tradition, couples have wedding celebrations that last a lifetime in memories.

Extraordinary architecture and impeccable landscapes create a fairy-tale setting, while 100 years of tradition provide exceptional planning and services. The Minneapolis Golf Club offers the following space options for wedding ceremonies and receptions:

Grounds. With acres of lush landscapes, beautiful greenery and seasonal blooms, the grounds of the Minneapolis Golf Club are gorgeous with many picturesque settings. With the rolling hills and the beauty of the grounds, couples have tranquil settings, evoking the emotions of the day.

Clubhouse. The Minneapolis Golf Club Clubhouse is elegant for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Descend the beautiful stairway with a draping chandelier to meet the groom or have a small intimate gathering on the terrace. The interiors of the clubhouse are beautiful with large windows and architectural lines that are breathtaking. The ballroom is romantic and includes a dance floor.

With wedding days sculpted to create lifetime memories, couples have a wonderful choice in a wedding venue at the Minneapolis Golf Club. The venue has over 100 years of tradition in professional planning and catering. The Minneapolis Golf Club hosts weddings, accommodating up to 250 guests in elegant style.

No birdseed, rice or confetti are allowed. Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. For more information on hosting a wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club, please contact the venue directly. The site does require a signing of a contract and deposit to reserve a date.

With over 100 years of tradition, couples have few concerns that their wedding day won't be anything but flawless, when hosted at the Minneapolis Golf Club. The venue offers couples hosting their wedding many extra perks, including the following:

• Event coordinator
  • Bridal changing room
  • Coat check room
  • Newlywed photo opportunities

Not a member? That's ok, we'll treat you like one.

Our 100 years of tradition will equip you with professional planning, delicious menus and affordability. You will relive your wedding day for years to come as our spectacular views add sparkle to your day. Enjoy the exquisite Minneapolis Golf Club, conveniently located minutes from downtown Minneapolis!

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

2001 Flag Ave. South, Saint Louis Park, MN (952) 525-2532

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Garrick F

We held our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club this past weekend. We have to say thank you to the staff for making both nights wonderful. First, Nancy is great! We knew from the initial tour and sit down that she was going to be fun to work with.... Read More It is clear to see that Nancy has a passion for this. Molly, the manager on duty that weekend, did a fantastic job keeping things organized and running smoothly. The bartenders were friendly and very personable to talk to. The wait staff was diligent about getting food out in a timely fashion. We can't say enough great things about the level of service we received this past weekend. Thank you again, Minneapolis Golf Club, for making our wedding weekend one to remember!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Whitney M

The MGC was the perfect venue for our 200 person wedding! Nancy was amazing to work with and helped figure out every detail so that my husband and I could relax on the big day! The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Our live band fit in the room well and the sound was great.... Read More Our guests continue to tell us that we had the best wedding food they've ever tasted! The pork was superb! Thank you MGC for making it a day we will always cherish!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Taylor H

I had my ceremony and reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club on October 29, 2016. From the chandeliers in the foyer to the fireplaces in the cocktail room to the grand ballroom, Sam and I loved the Minneapolis Golf Club in St. Louis Park from the moment we stepped foot through... Read More the double doors. At 100 years old, it gives off a classic, historic, elegant, timeless vibe—exactly how I wanted my wedding to feel for our guests. The venue coordinator, Nancy Johnson, and her team were incredible to work with. They answered any and every question I had throughout the planning process, recommended some great vendors, and were constantly offering suggestions to make our big day as special as possible. And the food! Our guests could not stop raving about the appetizers (the cheese curds and Philly cheesesteak egg rolls were favorites) and entrées (walleye and filet mignon) we selected at our tasting. Everything came out hot, on time, and perfectly cooked. They also provided mimosas in the morning and deli trays for the gals while getting ready. The day was more perfect than we could have imagined, thanks to this team. When we returned from our honeymoon and realized they had gifted us a certificate to come back for dinner, I nearly broke down in tears remembering how perfect they made our day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Jenny M

We had our reception here over the summer and unfortunately I would not recommend it to anyone. So many things went wrong that could have and should have been avoided. It's a beautiful place and the course is stunning, but I think future couples should be prepared to deal with... Read More what we went through. First, the capacity states 240, but Nancy said 220 would be more comfortable. We had 203 total and it was insanely tight. There was about 2 feet between tables, including the head table (along the windows). No room to breathe or move around! It was awkward and we and our guests felt very cramped. Second issue - we were arriving in a limo after an hour long cocktail service and wanted everyone seated so we could get inside and freshen up before the grand march without being seen by everyone. It was Nancy's idea for her or her assistant to run out to the limo and personally let us know once we were in the clear to come inside unseen. After arriving exactly when we said we would and sitting in the limo for about 25 minutes waiting for everyone to be seated and for them to let us know, we finally had to send a groomsmen inside to see what was going on. Nobody was seated and literally nothing was happening. We were behind schedule, so finally he started forcing people to sit which was NOT his job. Nancy and Paige were nowhere to be seen (Nancy ended up being out of town). It was so tacky and tasteless for us to have to do this ourselves. Third issue, the dance floor. We had a large band performing and they were to set up at the end of the room by the windows overlooking the course. The band needed more space apparently than the staff expected, so they had to set up their equipment on half of the dance floor. Keep in mind this is all happening the morning of, while I'm preparing to get married and am not at all worrying about the reception venue as Nancy and her staff have assured me that all of our plans are nicely in place. We arrive to find that half of the dance floor is covered by the band itself, there's about 6 x20 feet for guests to dance on. It was ridiculous and SO embarrassing. Our party wanted to dance, but most people couldn't fit and had to dance on the carpet instead. When I brought this to their attention while following up after the wedding, I was told I should have approached them to move the dance floor. Really? I told them that they could have moved the dance floor out so the band would not be on it at all and just put tables on the dance floor if necessary (that would later be removed), but apparently that idea didn't come to mind when setting up. Nancy and her team took zero responsibility for our reception setup looking like a joke (besides our flowers from Richfield Florals and Events - those were amazing). Even people who weren't at the wedding have commented on how small the dance floor looks in pictures. The food was decent, not as good as during the tasting, but good enough. Oh yea, our head table was not served anything to drink until AFTER the welcome toast. I expressed all of this to Nancy and was met with denying they did anything wrong. Nancy and her "team" made us feel so confident and that everything was under control. We had read great reviews and thought we had made a great choice, but I would not use this venue if I could and do it all over again.

2016-09-16T16:38:51 Response from the vendor

Dear Jenny and Jon Tichich, I want to thank you again for having your reception with us and sorry to hear you were not satisfied. Even though I would relish the opportunity to be at every single event sometimes it is not possible as mentioned... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Bridget R

Great staff and wonderful food! We worked with Nancy and she was great- professional and patient. Little to no complaints!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Cari C

Our wedding was on 9/4/2016. This venue was absolutely perfect. Working with Nancy and her team was a dream. We received multiple compliments on the appetizers we picked. We also had a slight issue come up a few days before the wedding and Nancy was able to resolve the problem... Read More right away for us. She also knows several vendors and those recommendations were also a joy to work with. Nancy will go out of her way to make sure your day is nothing but perfect!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Sarah A

What an amazing day! Our wedding reception was at the Minneapolis Golf Club on July 23, 2016. The wedding theme was more vintage and the building (both inside and out) was a perfect back drop for what we were looking for. From the beginning, Nancy and her team of Molly and... Read More Paige, were absolute professionals in planning out and discussing the ideas we had to make our day special. All of the food was exquisite (especially the late night pizza) and I heard so many wonderful compliments from our guests about how beautiful the reception site was. If we ever had any questions or concerns, Nancy was there for us every step of the way to assure us that the question was answered or she would have a solution to the problem. The only sad part was that we couldn't take wedding photos on the golf course due to the rain that fell earlier in the day, but you cannot control the weather on your wedding day and you just need to do the best you can to make it extra special. We we're still able to get photos on the 10th hole and use the beautiful landscaping around the venue as a background. The skies cleared up at the end of the day, so we did get some wonderful sunset photos that I'm sure will turn out amazing. Overall I would highly recommend the Minneapolis Golf Club as a wedding reception site especially if you are looking for a once in a lifetime event for your special day.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Lindsay H

We had our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club on July 15, 2016. From the first time we looked at the golf club, we had a great feeling about the place and people we would be working with. Throughout the planning process, Nancy Johnson answered every question I had promptly and... Read More professionally. The in person meetings we had went wonderfully. I couldn't say more good things about all of the people we were in contact with. Nancy knows her stuff! The prices are definitely fair and are actually much better than most places. We loved knowing how much it would cost and we didn't have to worry about extra charges popping up. On the day of the wedding, everything went according to plan. We used the upstairs room to get ready in. It is so spacious and beautiful. It was perfect for our hairstylists and makeup artists. The staff was so sweet and fun. Everyone was extremely professional. Our pictures turned out great and there were a ton of cool places in front of the building to take pictures. Our guests were blown away by the beauty and uniqueness of a club. It is definitely not a typical golf club and has a different feel that we loved. I loved having my wedding at MGC and would recommend anyone to have their wedding there!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club in June of 2016. It was one of the best receptions that I have ever been to and not just because it was my own. The venue is beautiful and Nancy and her team are absolutely amazing! Nancy took care... Read More of everything and had suggestions for everything that I had questions on. She is extremely organized, but very flexible. The reception planning process was far less stressful knowing that everything would be taken care of. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful location and wonderful employees that ensure everything runs very smoothly.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Danielle A

We held our reception at the Minneapolis golf course last summer and we could not have asked for a better venue! Almost a year later our guests still talk about how wonderful the food was! Nancy and her team ensured everything ran smoothly leaving us worry free. The guests... Read More particularly loved the butler passed hors d'oeuvres and the steak and shrimp entree!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Anne

The Minneapolis Golf Club and Nancy Johnson and staff were a pleasure to work with in planning our May 2016 wedding. It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. First, the venue is beautiful and hardly needs any decorations (which was great because I was NOT a DIY... Read More bride). We got tons of compliments on the venue. The MGC was affordable and had very straightforward pricing - which is huge if you have looked at the pricing at other venues that have many hidden costs. The food was delicious - we had the Pasta Primavera and Wild Rice Cashew Chicken - and we had great service. Molly who works with Nancy is also great! Nancy Johnson answered all my questions in the months leading up to the wedding and had great suggestions for vendors and other tips. She even called and clarified an order with one of my vendors during our final meeting so I didn't have to. I highly recommend the Minnesota Gold Club! They know what they are doing.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Katie D

We could NOT be happier with how everything turned out for our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club. We planned our wedding from Dallas Texas and Nancy was AMAZING the work with, even with the distance. I am naturally a worrier and the day of the wedding things went so smoothly... Read More I didn't even have to think about what was going to happen next, they had everything covered! The food was very good and everyone was raving about it. HIGHLY recommend this as your wedding ceremony/reception location. Katie and Jacob

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Michelle S

We cannot thank the MPLS Golf Club staff enough for helping make our wedding so wonderful! We received many compliments about the wonderful food (served hot!), staff, and venue. We received a booklet of information after our first visit that included a checklist leading up to... Read More the big day - this was so helpful to reference throughout the planning process to make sure we had everything in order. The staff is very responsive, which left little to worry about leading up to our wedding. We highly recommend this venue to others, and will forever remember our amazing reception and experience thanks to this incredible team! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing in our special day!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Alexandra C

From the first time we toured the Minneapolis Golf Club, I knew I wanted this to be my wedding reception venue. This 100 year old golf club had a classic charm and impeccable service. Nancy, the wedding coordinator, was a dream to work with. She kept me calm throughout the... Read More entire planning process, even helping with a few creative decisions and vendor recommendations. Many guests complimented me and my husband on the service provided by the golf club staff as well as the appetizers and food served. We were very pleased with how quickly the plated dinner was served. Everything ran very smoothly logistics and time-wise. Molly, a staff member, was attentive to our every need... thank you Molly!!! Nancy and her staff certainly have weddings down to a science. Thank you Minneapolis Golf Club for a wedding we, and our guests, will not soon forget.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Molly N

Where do we even start? The Minneapolis Golf Club was outstanding for our wedding reception site and made for a perfect venue! You are truly in the best hands with Nancy and her staff. From day one, Nancy is always there to answer any questions and she couldn't have been more... Read More responsive with all the questions we had (emails, calls, etc. with random questions that came up throughout the planning). We had a live band, dessert bar and photo booth and the set-up was beyond perfect. Not to mention, the food is so delicious and would recommend the Chicken Wild Rice, especially for a fall wedding. The MGC is the real deal and package, especially when it comes down to value and trying to stay within a reasonable budget. Nancy is honest and upfront and will make sure to work with the vision you want to bring to life. There is so much charm and elegance to the MGC, perfect for any wedding. We would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Anna G

We held our reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club and couldn't be happier with our decision. Nancy and the staff were great, they were very helpful throughout the whole process. The venue itself is gorgeous, you don't need much for decorations. We received many compliments on... Read More the venue and the food. Would highly recommend this venue to others.

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Stephanie D

Minneapolis Golf Club is a wonderful wedding venue. It is set up great for a cocktail hour and reception. The staff is great. Nancy is very responsive, helpful and understanding of budgets, etc. We got a ton of compliments from our guests. The food was awesome too!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Laura K

The Minneapolis Golf Club was an absolutely wonderful place to have our wedding ceremony and reception! Nancy was extremely helpful, and a pleasure to work with. On the day of the event (9/5/15) every single detail was perfect, and everything went without a hitch. The staff... Read More working the wedding was awesome!! We had multiple people tell us how great the service was. I wouldn't change anything!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Lindsay H

Nancy and her team at the Minneapolis Golf Club surpassed every one of our high expectations for our wedding day! The staff was so gracious and attentive, making both us and our guests feel so special. The venue and course is gorgeous and will make for great photo opportunities.... Read More And the food was out of this world - our guests were raving! We could not have done it without the amazing coordination and attention to detail that Nancy has - it was the most perfect day in every way. We would highly recommend the MGC to anyone who asks and would give anything to relive our day there over and over again!

Wonderful Ceremony & Reception Site!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Sarah G

We could not have asked for a better site to have both our ceremony and reception. Nancy emailed us right away when we submitted an initial email and was very, very responsive throughout the planning process and afterwards. Knowing she was going to be there on the day of eased... Read More my Type-A crazy mind completely. We had a couple of meetings with Nancy (including some last minute drop ins so additional people could see the space) and a great food tasting. We couldn't taste the appetizers but all the food was fabulous and we have received wonderful feedback about it. We took all of Nancy's suggestions (uplighting, food counts, etc) and she was spot on. Our estimate only ended up with us owing another $125. It was great not to have surprise expenses to throw off the budget. I know there's more I should mention but I can't remember enough details even anymore even though it was only two weeks ago. The day was a blur as everyone said it would be and I am so glad I was able to enjoy it mostly because I had so much confidence in the venue!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Scott H

We hosted our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club on August 28th. The day was just perfect! Nancy and her team were amazing to work with throughout the planning. She gave us great ideas and helped us understand the best places to invest to create a wonderful evening for our... Read More guests. The day of, everything was executed according to plan. We had many compliments from guests on the food, the staff and the elegance of the golf club. I could have not asked for a more perfect way to begin our marriage!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Christina F

My wife and I had our ceremony and reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club on June 13th, and everything was amazing! From the first meeting to the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly with Nancy. She diligently worked with me and my wife to make everything perfect... Read More and to coordinate with all of our other vendors. The food at the Minneapolis Golf Club was delicious, and I mean delicious! That and the service were mostly what our guests had to complement us on. The inside decor is beautiful and did not require much additional decoration for the ceremony or the reception. The turnover of the room from the ceremony setup to the reception setup was perfectly timed as well as it allowed our guests to visit and have a few drinks and appetizers in the other two rooms. The staff was very professional and diligent in their work and made everything perfect. We could have not asked for a better venue to celebrate our wedding day! Thank you all at the MGC!

Amazing Venue and Coordinator!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Adam D

We had our wedding at Minneapolis Golf Club in July 2015 and couldn't be more pleased with how it went! We received many compliments about how beautiful the location was and how good the appetizers/food were. Nancy and her staff were excellent to work with. Whenever we had... Read More questions she gave us suggestions that ended up being spot on. I would definitely recommend this venue for those getting married in the future!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Jill

Our wedding reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club was perfect! We had our reception at MGC earlier this summer and we can’t stop talking about it. Nancy was so helpful and great to work with throughout our entire planning process - the initial meeting, menu tasting, final... Read More walk through and the day of the wedding. She provided us with a list of vendors, which was especially valuable and helped us make decisions that were within our budget. The food was amazing. - we received so many compliments from our guests. Nancy and her staff took care of everything. We had no worries and knew we were in good hands. Our day was everything we hoped for and we would highly recommend the Minneapolis Golf Club!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Anne S

We held our wedding reception at Minneapolis Golf Club on May 9, 2015 and we couldn't have been happier about our decision. Nancy Johnson Ewald, the event coordinator, was a consummate professional and made the planning process very easy for us. She met with us multiple times... Read More and assured all of the important details were addressed. Nancy was great at listening to our ideas and gave us great advice, including vendor recommendations that fit our taste and style, to make our reception perfect...and within our budget! When the big day arrived, MGC took care of everything and it was better than we could have imagined. We had several guests go out of their way to tell us how much they loved the food, the staff, and the beautiful venue. Nancy and her experienced crew had all of the details worked out and we were able to relax and enjoy the celebration with our guests. That was the biggest relief for us, we did not have to think about any venue-related details. It was truly a perfect evening and we highly recommend Nancy Johnson Ewald and the Minneapolis Golf Club. Anne and Reed