Minneapolis Golf Club

Saint Louis Park, MN

Book Your Wedding with Minneapolis Golf Club

A BALLROOM IN SAINT LOUIS PARK, MN

The Minneapolis Golf Club is a desirable venue for special occasions. The wedding venue is located in Saint Louis Park, Minnesota and hosts wedding receptions in elegant style. With a focus on tradition, couples have wedding celebrations that last a lifetime in memories.

Extraordinary architecture and impeccable landscapes create a fairy-tale setting, while 100 years of tradition provide exceptional planning and services. The Minneapolis Golf Club offers the following space options for wedding receptions:

Grounds. With acres of lush landscapes, beautiful greenery and seasonal blooms, the grounds of the Minneapolis Golf Club are gorgeous with many picturesque settings. With the rolling hills and the beauty of the grounds, couples have tranquil settings, evoking the emotions of the day.

Clubhouse. The Minneapolis Golf Club Clubhouse is elegant for wedding receptions. Descend the beautiful stairway to meet the groom or have a small intimate gathering on the terrace. The interiors of the clubhouse are beautiful with large windows and architectural lines that are breathtaking. The ballroom is romantic and includes a dance floor.

With wedding days sculpted to create lifetime memories, couples have a wonderful choice in a wedding venue at the Minneapolis Golf Club. The venue has over 100 years of tradition in professional planning and catering. The Minneapolis Golf Club hosts weddings, accommodating up to 240 guests in elegant style.

No birdseed, rice or confetti are allowed. Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. For more information on hosting a wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club, please contact the venue directly. The site does require a signing of a contract and deposit to reserve a date.

With over 100 years of tradition, couples have few concerns that their wedding day won't be anything but flawless, when hosted at the Minneapolis Golf Club. The venue offers couples hosting their wedding many extra perks, including the following:

• Bridal changing room
  • Coat check room
  • Newlywed photo opportunities

Not a member? That's ok, we'll treat you like one.

Our 100 years of tradition will equip you with professional planning, delicious menus and affordability. You will relive your wedding day for years to come as our spectacular views add sparkle to your day. Enjoy the exquisite Minneapolis Golf Club, conveniently located minutes from downtown Minneapolis!

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

2001 Flag Ave. South, Saint Louis Park, MN (952) 525-2532

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Johanna L

We can't even begin to express how great our wedding day was at the Minneapolis Golf Club. The whole process from booking the venue last fall, to the day of events; was all very well organized and relatively stress-free. The planning structure that the staff has organized... Read More keeps you on track and tells you exactly what you need to have completed along the way. Leading up to the big day, the staff were quick to respond to any questions and were flexible and accommodating with any changes we had. We received many compliments on how great the food was and how courteous the staff were the whole night. We appreciated how the event manager communicated with us during the reception and kept us informed of everything that we needed to know along the way. Overall, my husband and I would highly recommend the Minneapolis Golf Club and were so thrilled with how amazing our reception was!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Danielle R

We had our wedding reception here in September 2017! MGC is seriously the best venue and worth every penny! We love the historic feel of the golf club. We had about 155 people at our wedding and the space was perfect! I love the set up in the ballroom. Our guests were on the... Read More dance floor all night. Nancy and her staff are so amazing at their jobs. Even our guests agree! The food was delicious, we had the filet mignon and crispy tuscan chicken. Everything went so smooth and it made our day so perfect. Thank you MGC!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Jo T

I cannot say enough positive things about the Minneapolis Golf Club as a reception venue. The space is so beautiful, the food is amazing, and the service is incredible. I was so happy with how everything went on our wedding day. Our guests raved about the food and event space.... Read More Working with Nancy was also wonderful. She always answered my emails promptly and was very helpful. I am so happy we had our reception here and I can't thank Nancy and her staff enough! You guys do an amazing job! My only suggestions would be fans or something for the dance floor and the option to clean up the next day. But neither of these things were big deals, and maybe we were all just dancing too much :)

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Holly K

I am so grateful that we chose MGC for our wedding! Nancy and her staff made the process so easy and definitely put up with me and my (sometimes) high maintenance mother. The grounds are absolutely spectacular and we received so many compliments on the incredibly elegant (but... Read More not stuffy) venue. The food was also a huge hit as well! Exactly what I wanted with a country club wedding. Cannot recommend Nancy and Minneapolis Golf Club enough!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017

We had our wedding reception here this past August and it was amazing. The venue was very easy to work with and Nancy was on top of everything. I have absolutely zero complaints! Our pictures with the course in the background turned out gorgeous as well. Great place.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Krystal G

We held our reception at the MGC and I can't say enough how wonderful it was! Our wedding was almost a month ago today, and here are the things we thought were the major points to highlight about being at this gorgeous space: 1) Having an on-site coordinator is clutch. Nancy... Read More and her team made sure that we knew exactly how our tables would be laid out, advised on how many people comfortably can fit at each table, allowed us to drop our décor off early, and were always available for questions during the planning process and the day of. We didn’t have to worry about a thing! 2) Having an on-site coordinator is great, but having one who knows this business like the back of her hand is pricesless. After we gave Nancy our estimated headcount, she gave us a ratio of how many beef vs. chicken plates were likely, how much beer and wine our friends and family would consume, and the right amount of appetizers... after it was all said and done, for our wedding of 200 people, she was $154 off! My husband and I are still stunned at how dead-on she was. We saved the final bill just because we’re nerds who love numbers and we were so impressed by her skills. 3) The space is stunning. A piece of advice: try to amplify the vibe of the place, and your look will be elevated beyond your dreams! We’ve seen a few people try to fight the décor, but if you choose colors that compliment the taupe walls, warm lights, and brown chairs, you can really transform it without even having to bring much in. We did gold chargers, lots of greenery, and candles galore and the space was drop dead gorgeous. I cried when I walked into the reception hall and saw it all. In addition to the aesthetic appeal, you get lots of space for your guests, and you will LOVE the food. Which brings me to my next point…. 4) …THE FOOD IS AMAZING. A friend of mine texted me afterward (unprompted) and said "your wedding food ruined me for all other weddings". Even at our tasting, we were shocked at how delicious it was and how big the portions were. We chose the stuffed mushroom caps, cheese curd and sausage, caprese, and meatball appetizers. For main dishes, we went with the Tuscan chicken and beef short rib. We received sooo many compliments on it all! The only drawback I would caution about is that it can be a little hard to try to host your entire day here. We originally booked the space because we wanted a location that fit our budget (MGC was actually the most affordable of all of the locations we looked at!) and allowed the day to be hosted all in one location. After planning to do the ceremony there, we ended up changing plans quite late in the game because it was going to be really hard to get quality photographs at the venue with our family and wedding party due to the restrictions on photography. While we knew this going in, my husband and I weren’t going to be able to go onto the golf course until about 3pm because it was a Saturday in summer and a busy golf day. Obviously, with a wedding timeline, 3pm is waaay to late to start portraits, so we ended up booking somewhere else. Overall, I cannot recommend this venue enough for a reception, but would potentially advise somewhere else for ceremony if wedding party / family photography is really important to you. Thanks again to the MGC staff for making our reception absolutely wonderful! ☺

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Briana G

The MGC was amazing! We knew right away this was where we wanted to have our wedding reception. The space is so elegant and classy we barely needed any decorations. Nancy was great to work with, she was very responsive throughout the whole planning process when I had random... Read More questions. Our guests just loved the food! Everything ran so smoothly and the staff was amazing the day of. This venue is a great value. We would highly recommend the MGC for your wedding reception! -Briana & David

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Emily D

When selecting a wedding venue, the choice becomes numerous small decisions and outside factors all rolled into one huge decision. Is it available on the date we want? Is it big enough? Is it pretty enough? How will the transportation to and from the venue work? How is the food?... Read More How is the price? The questions go on and on. However, between you, me, and the internet, the biggest reason we picked the Minneapolis Golf Club as our venue is one that I feel is often overlooked. My wife and I took all of these factors into consideration before choosing to get married at the Minneapolis Golf Club. As soon as we walked through the front doors we knew we liked the style and class of the place. The over 100 year old building exudes a feeling of class and elegance the second you walk in the door. A person could spend hours looking at all of the intricacies within the design of this venue (and it feels like we did). On top of that, the food was spectacular and the size was perfect for our event. All of that being said, after looking at about a dozen different venues, my wife and I were stuck between the Minneapolis Gold Club and one other venue that also met all of our qualifications. The reason we picked the MGC was one that we did not expect, and that reasons name is Nancy Johnson. Nancy is the catering director at MGC and I cannot imagine a person who is a more perfect fit for her job. From the second I first shook Nancy's hand, two things were very apparent. First, that my wife an I both instantly felt a connection with her, and second, that this woman really knew what she was doing. She could instantly answer any questions we had for her (even some of the weird and less common ones). Therefore, after hours of pro and con charts and discussion, my wife and I put all of our marbles in the MGC basket because of Nancy, and we never regretted it for a second. Time after time Nancy went above and beyond what was expected of her to help us get to and through our special day. If ever there was an issue with the planning process (drapery for example), Nancy personally walked us through the problem to make sure we were comfortable with the solution. She truly made everything easier. On the actual day of our wedding, we learned that another thing Nancy shines at is hiring her support staff. While we were lucky enough to have Nancy at our event personally, she can't be everywhere at the same time. That being said, her support staff was never too far away to help with anything that we needed. The few minor bumps that we had to deal with were resolved quickly and seamlessly. All of that being said, our wedding night was as close to perfect as it possibly could have been, and we have Nancy and the Minneapolis Golf Club to thank for that. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone who asks. It truly was an amazing night. -Bryan and Emily

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Karen P

We had the best experience working with the Minneapolis Golf Club for our Friday wedding! Our guests loved the grilled salmon and Tuscan herb chicken, as well as the beautiful, classic venue. For the price, we couldn't have picked a better place in Minneapolis!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Joelle F

MGC was the perfect venue for our summer wedding! The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff was wonderful. I can't say enough good things about Nancy; she truly made the reception planning portion of the wedding a breeze and on the day of the wedding she made... Read More sure everything ran smoothly. Highly recommend you check out MGC for any event!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Maren W

Our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club was everything we could have hoped for. I cannot say enough great things about Nancy and her incredible staff. Our mind was put at ease from our first meeting and she continued to exceed all our expectations! The classic elegance of the... Read More venue suited our sparkling winter wedding perfectly. My whole family was able to relax and enjoy the day because we knew that everything was under control. You can't ask for anything more than that!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Alissa A

MGC was amazing for our reception. They have someone on staff the whole time and take care of everything behind the scenes. The food was great! And all the tables, chairs, linens, and staff was included in the price. It was a fair price for food and drink. Great experience!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Kate K

This is a LONG overdue, but much earned review for Nancy and her team and the Minneapolis Golf Club. My husband and I had our reception at the MGC this past summer (7/16/16) and every single detail was thoughtfully considered and beautifully executed. All of our guests raved... Read More about the incredible food was and the attentive and polite the staff. They turn the ballroom into the most elegant environment. Every aspect of this place is gorgeous and classy. Nancy was a dream to work with every step of the way by laying out her recommendations and taking our ideas and making them a reality. She took a tremendous amount of stress off of me. If anyone is even remotely considering the Minneapolis Golf Club, please do not hesitate to meet with Nancy and tour the club.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Angie L

Nancy and her team are simply the best. We could not have been happier with our wedding at the Minneapolis golf club. They hustled all the food out and our guests were blown away by the portion sizes and how delicious the food was. I love the curb appeal the the feel of the... Read More space. Besides my husband, the best decision I made was to have our reception here! The details are just impeccable. Could not be happier.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Garrick F

We held our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club this past weekend. We have to say thank you to the staff for making both nights wonderful. First, Nancy is great! We knew from the initial tour and sit down that she was going to be fun to work with.... Read More It is clear to see that Nancy has a passion for this. Molly, the manager on duty that weekend, did a fantastic job keeping things organized and running smoothly. The bartenders were friendly and very personable to talk to. The wait staff was diligent about getting food out in a timely fashion. We can't say enough great things about the level of service we received this past weekend. Thank you again, Minneapolis Golf Club, for making our wedding weekend one to remember!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Whitney M

The MGC was the perfect venue for our 200 person wedding! Nancy was amazing to work with and helped figure out every detail so that my husband and I could relax on the big day! The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Our live band fit in the room well and the sound was great.... Read More Our guests continue to tell us that we had the best wedding food they've ever tasted! The pork was superb! Thank you MGC for making it a day we will always cherish!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Taylor H

I had my ceremony and reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club on October 29, 2016. From the chandeliers in the foyer to the fireplaces in the cocktail room to the grand ballroom, Sam and I loved the Minneapolis Golf Club in St. Louis Park from the moment we stepped foot through... Read More the double doors. At 100 years old, it gives off a classic, historic, elegant, timeless vibe—exactly how I wanted my wedding to feel for our guests. The venue coordinator, Nancy Johnson, and her team were incredible to work with. They answered any and every question I had throughout the planning process, recommended some great vendors, and were constantly offering suggestions to make our big day as special as possible. And the food! Our guests could not stop raving about the appetizers (the cheese curds and Philly cheesesteak egg rolls were favorites) and entrées (walleye and filet mignon) we selected at our tasting. Everything came out hot, on time, and perfectly cooked. They also provided mimosas in the morning and deli trays for the gals while getting ready. The day was more perfect than we could have imagined, thanks to this team. When we returned from our honeymoon and realized they had gifted us a certificate to come back for dinner, I nearly broke down in tears remembering how perfect they made our day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Jenny M

We had our reception here over the summer and unfortunately I would not recommend it to anyone. So many things went wrong that could have and should have been avoided. It's a beautiful place and the course is stunning, but I think future couples should be prepared to deal with... Read More what we went through. First, the capacity states 240, but Nancy said 220 would be more comfortable. We had 203 total and it was insanely tight. There was about 2 feet between tables, including the head table (along the windows). No room to breathe or move around! It was awkward and we and our guests felt very cramped. Second issue - we were arriving in a limo after an hour long cocktail service and wanted everyone seated so we could get inside and freshen up before the grand march without being seen by everyone. It was Nancy's idea for her or her assistant to run out to the limo and personally let us know once we were in the clear to come inside unseen. After arriving exactly when we said we would and sitting in the limo for about 25 minutes waiting for everyone to be seated and for them to let us know, we finally had to send a groomsmen inside to see what was going on. Nobody was seated and literally nothing was happening. We were behind schedule, so finally he started forcing people to sit which was NOT his job. Nancy and Paige were nowhere to be seen (Nancy ended up being out of town). It was so tacky and tasteless for us to have to do this ourselves. Third issue, the dance floor. We had a large band performing and they were to set up at the end of the room by the windows overlooking the course. The band needed more space apparently than the staff expected, so they had to set up their equipment on half of the dance floor. Keep in mind this is all happening the morning of, while I'm preparing to get married and am not at all worrying about the reception venue as Nancy and her staff have assured me that all of our plans are nicely in place. We arrive to find that half of the dance floor is covered by the band itself, there's about 6 x20 feet for guests to dance on. It was ridiculous and SO embarrassing. Our party wanted to dance, but most people couldn't fit and had to dance on the carpet instead. When I brought this to their attention while following up after the wedding, I was told I should have approached them to move the dance floor. Really? I told them that they could have moved the dance floor out so the band would not be on it at all and just put tables on the dance floor if necessary (that would later be removed), but apparently that idea didn't come to mind when setting up. Nancy and her team took zero responsibility for our reception setup looking like a joke (besides our flowers from Richfield Florals and Events - those were amazing). Even people who weren't at the wedding have commented on how small the dance floor looks in pictures. The food was decent, not as good as during the tasting, but good enough. Oh yea, our head table was not served anything to drink until AFTER the welcome toast. I expressed all of this to Nancy and was met with denying they did anything wrong. Nancy and her "team" made us feel so confident and that everything was under control. We had read great reviews and thought we had made a great choice, but I would not use this venue if I could and do it all over again.

2016-09-16T16:38:51 Response from the vendor

Dear Jenny and Jon Tichich, I want to thank you again for having your reception with us and sorry to hear you were not satisfied. Even though I would relish the opportunity to be at every single event sometimes it is not possible as mentioned... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Bridget R

Great staff and wonderful food! We worked with Nancy and she was great- professional and patient. Little to no complaints!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Cari C

Our wedding was on 9/4/2016. This venue was absolutely perfect. Working with Nancy and her team was a dream. We received multiple compliments on the appetizers we picked. We also had a slight issue come up a few days before the wedding and Nancy was able to resolve the problem... Read More right away for us. She also knows several vendors and those recommendations were also a joy to work with. Nancy will go out of her way to make sure your day is nothing but perfect!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Sarah A

What an amazing day! Our wedding reception was at the Minneapolis Golf Club on July 23, 2016. The wedding theme was more vintage and the building (both inside and out) was a perfect back drop for what we were looking for. From the beginning, Nancy and her team of Molly and... Read More Paige, were absolute professionals in planning out and discussing the ideas we had to make our day special. All of the food was exquisite (especially the late night pizza) and I heard so many wonderful compliments from our guests about how beautiful the reception site was. If we ever had any questions or concerns, Nancy was there for us every step of the way to assure us that the question was answered or she would have a solution to the problem. The only sad part was that we couldn't take wedding photos on the golf course due to the rain that fell earlier in the day, but you cannot control the weather on your wedding day and you just need to do the best you can to make it extra special. We we're still able to get photos on the 10th hole and use the beautiful landscaping around the venue as a background. The skies cleared up at the end of the day, so we did get some wonderful sunset photos that I'm sure will turn out amazing. Overall I would highly recommend the Minneapolis Golf Club as a wedding reception site especially if you are looking for a once in a lifetime event for your special day.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Lindsay H

We had our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club on July 15, 2016. From the first time we looked at the golf club, we had a great feeling about the place and people we would be working with. Throughout the planning process, Nancy Johnson answered every question I had promptly and... Read More professionally. The in person meetings we had went wonderfully. I couldn't say more good things about all of the people we were in contact with. Nancy knows her stuff! The prices are definitely fair and are actually much better than most places. We loved knowing how much it would cost and we didn't have to worry about extra charges popping up. On the day of the wedding, everything went according to plan. We used the upstairs room to get ready in. It is so spacious and beautiful. It was perfect for our hairstylists and makeup artists. The staff was so sweet and fun. Everyone was extremely professional. Our pictures turned out great and there were a ton of cool places in front of the building to take pictures. Our guests were blown away by the beauty and uniqueness of a club. It is definitely not a typical golf club and has a different feel that we loved. I loved having my wedding at MGC and would recommend anyone to have their wedding there!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club in June of 2016. It was one of the best receptions that I have ever been to and not just because it was my own. The venue is beautiful and Nancy and her team are absolutely amazing! Nancy took care... Read More of everything and had suggestions for everything that I had questions on. She is extremely organized, but very flexible. The reception planning process was far less stressful knowing that everything would be taken care of. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful location and wonderful employees that ensure everything runs very smoothly.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Danielle A

We held our reception at the Minneapolis golf course last summer and we could not have asked for a better venue! Almost a year later our guests still talk about how wonderful the food was! Nancy and her team ensured everything ran smoothly leaving us worry free. The guests... Read More particularly loved the butler passed hors d'oeuvres and the steak and shrimp entree!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Anne

The Minneapolis Golf Club and Nancy Johnson and staff were a pleasure to work with in planning our May 2016 wedding. It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. First, the venue is beautiful and hardly needs any decorations (which was great because I was NOT a DIY... Read More bride). We got tons of compliments on the venue. The MGC was affordable and had very straightforward pricing - which is huge if you have looked at the pricing at other venues that have many hidden costs. The food was delicious - we had the Pasta Primavera and Wild Rice Cashew Chicken - and we had great service. Molly who works with Nancy is also great! Nancy Johnson answered all my questions in the months leading up to the wedding and had great suggestions for vendors and other tips. She even called and clarified an order with one of my vendors during our final meeting so I didn't have to. I highly recommend the Minnesota Gold Club! They know what they are doing.