Minneapolis Golf Club

Saint Louis Park, MN

Not a member? That's ok, we'll treat you like one.

Our 90 years of tradition will equip you with professional planning, delicious menus and affordability. You will relive your wedding day for years to come as our spectacular views add sparkle to your day. Enjoy the exquisite Minneapolis Golf Club, conveniently located minutes from downtown Minneapolis!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Bow2008 09

2001 Flag Ave. South, Saint Louis Park, MN

Best Ever Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 1/21/2015

My daughter's wedding was this past weekend, January 17,2015 at the Minneapolis Golf Club. Nancy Johnson Ewald and her team helped to make my daughter's vision for her wedding a reality. The food was divine from the cocktail hour appetizers to the dinner to the desserts.... Read More We did the ceremony and the reception at the Club. The venue is stunningly beautiful and it helped carry on the Great Gatsby theme my daughter and NEW son in law wanted for their wedding. The staff worked efficiently along side our florist and wedding day cooridinator to turn the room over for the reception! Our guests were impressed with the ease of parking and the general overall experience they had at the Minneapolis Golf Club. I highly recommend prospective brides and grooms visit Nancy and get a tour and taste the food. You will not be disappointed! You will be impressed with the professional way you will be treated and the value cannot be beat! Please Nancy Johnson Ewald, Catering Director and get your tour. I promise you will be impressed. Susan McCarthy

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Amanda M

The most amazing day ever! The entire experience for the past year working with Nancy and her staff leading up to our wedding on July 18, ,2015 was incredible. The communication, and recommendation of vendors, and tours of the venue, and food tasting made it a great way to plan... Read More from out of state and have it all fall into place. Nancy assured me, all we had to do was show up and they would take care of the rest; she was absolutely correct! I also can't say enough things about her banquet staff and the manager for the night, Molly. She answered all my questions, kept the place running smoothly with hot food, cold and full drinks, tables set, and deadlines met. My husband and I had a wonderful night and the guests had nothing but positive "oos and ahhhs". I grew up coming to MGC as a little girl, and to cherish such a special day and memories I will never forget, and a place that was top notch is amazing. I highly recommend this as your wedding venue if you want somewhere with easy highway and attraction access, beautiful grounds, and staff that are trained well at what they do. I can assure you, it will be the best day ever, as it was ours! Amanda and Tayton Eggenberger

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Heidi L

Better than imagined! We recently had our reception at MGC and it was so easy! Nancy is wonderful to work with. She will respond to you promptly and is very trustworthy! Let me tell you about the food! We did not do a tasting as it was not in our budget and the food was... Read More phenominal. That is the one thing that everyone brings up to us was how great the food was! I would highly recommend this venue and their staff. Everyone was great to work with. The venue is beautiful so you dont need much decorating! I am so happy we chose the Minneapolis Golf Club.

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Stephanie D

Minneapolis Golf Club is a wonderful wedding venue. It is set up great for a cocktail hour and reception. The staff is great. Nancy is very responsive, helpful and understanding of budgets, etc. We got a ton of compliments from our guests. The food was awesome too!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Laura K

The Minneapolis Golf Club was an absolutely wonderful place to have our wedding ceremony and reception! Nancy was extremely helpful, and a pleasure to work with. On the day of the event (9/5/15) every single detail was perfect, and everything went without a hitch. The staff... Read More working the wedding was awesome!! We had multiple people tell us how great the service was. I wouldn't change anything!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Lindsay H

Nancy and her team at the Minneapolis Golf Club surpassed every one of our high expectations for our wedding day! The staff was so gracious and attentive, making both us and our guests feel so special. The venue and course is gorgeous and will make for great photo opportunities.... Read More And the food was out of this world - our guests were raving! We could not have done it without the amazing coordination and attention to detail that Nancy has - it was the most perfect day in every way. We would highly recommend the MGC to anyone who asks and would give anything to relive our day there over and over again!

Wonderful Ceremony & Reception Site!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Sarah G

We could not have asked for a better site to have both our ceremony and reception. Nancy emailed us right away when we submitted an initial email and was very, very responsive throughout the planning process and afterwards. Knowing she was going to be there on the day of eased... Read More my Type-A crazy mind completely. We had a couple of meetings with Nancy (including some last minute drop ins so additional people could see the space) and a great food tasting. We couldn't taste the appetizers but all the food was fabulous and we have received wonderful feedback about it. We took all of Nancy's suggestions (uplighting, food counts, etc) and she was spot on. Our estimate only ended up with us owing another $125. It was great not to have surprise expenses to throw off the budget. I know there's more I should mention but I can't remember enough details even anymore even though it was only two weeks ago. The day was a blur as everyone said it would be and I am so glad I was able to enjoy it mostly because I had so much confidence in the venue!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Scott H

We hosted our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club on August 28th. The day was just perfect! Nancy and her team were amazing to work with throughout the planning. She gave us great ideas and helped us understand the best places to invest to create a wonderful evening for our... Read More guests. The day of, everything was executed according to plan. We had many compliments from guests on the food, the staff and the elegance of the golf club. I could have not asked for a more perfect way to begin our marriage!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Christina F

My wife and I had our ceremony and reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club on June 13th, and everything was amazing! From the first meeting to the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly with Nancy. She diligently worked with me and my wife to make everything perfect... Read More and to coordinate with all of our other vendors. The food at the Minneapolis Golf Club was delicious, and I mean delicious! That and the service were mostly what our guests had to complement us on. The inside decor is beautiful and did not require much additional decoration for the ceremony or the reception. The turnover of the room from the ceremony setup to the reception setup was perfectly timed as well as it allowed our guests to visit and have a few drinks and appetizers in the other two rooms. The staff was very professional and diligent in their work and made everything perfect. We could have not asked for a better venue to celebrate our wedding day! Thank you all at the MGC!

Amazing Venue and Coordinator!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Adam D

We had our wedding at Minneapolis Golf Club in July 2015 and couldn't be more pleased with how it went! We received many compliments about how beautiful the location was and how good the appetizers/food were. Nancy and her staff were excellent to work with. Whenever we had... Read More questions she gave us suggestions that ended up being spot on. I would definitely recommend this venue for those getting married in the future!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Jill

Our wedding reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club was perfect! We had our reception at MGC earlier this summer and we can’t stop talking about it. Nancy was so helpful and great to work with throughout our entire planning process - the initial meeting, menu tasting, final... Read More walk through and the day of the wedding. She provided us with a list of vendors, which was especially valuable and helped us make decisions that were within our budget. The food was amazing. - we received so many compliments from our guests. Nancy and her staff took care of everything. We had no worries and knew we were in good hands. Our day was everything we hoped for and we would highly recommend the Minneapolis Golf Club!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Anne S

We held our wedding reception at Minneapolis Golf Club on May 9, 2015 and we couldn't have been happier about our decision. Nancy Johnson Ewald, the event coordinator, was a consummate professional and made the planning process very easy for us. She met with us multiple times... Read More and assured all of the important details were addressed. Nancy was great at listening to our ideas and gave us great advice, including vendor recommendations that fit our taste and style, to make our reception perfect...and within our budget! When the big day arrived, MGC took care of everything and it was better than we could have imagined. We had several guests go out of their way to tell us how much they loved the food, the staff, and the beautiful venue. Nancy and her experienced crew had all of the details worked out and we were able to relax and enjoy the celebration with our guests. That was the biggest relief for us, we did not have to think about any venue-related details. It was truly a perfect evening and we highly recommend Nancy Johnson Ewald and the Minneapolis Golf Club. Anne and Reed

A beautiful location

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Kolleen B

We loved working with the Minneapolis Golf Club. Nancy and her staff are easy to work with and Nancy gave us great recommendations of other vendors to use. Our guests enjoyed the venue, food & service. We would highly recommend the Minneapolis Golf Club.

Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 12/26/2014 Kelly G

We got married in December, and the venue was decorated for Christmas. It was absolutely gorgeous! We had our Ceremony first and then a cocktail hour. During the cocktail hour they flipped the room for the reception. Everything was beautiful! Nancy was absolutely AMAZING to... Read More work with! She had awesome suggestions and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. Nancy knows what looks good together and helped us make decisions on what tablecloths and napkins would look best with our centerpieces. She is able to visualize the whole look, and her insight was extremely valuable. We asked her questions about her thoughts on things like flip flops by the dance floor and kid bags, and she gave her honest opinion on both-kids bags are a nice thing to have, and flip flops often don't get used. I can't say enough good things about Nancy. She was absolutely wonderful!!!! There were a couple of things that I wish would have been a little different. For the food tasting you have to pay for the entrees that you are try and the maximum you could try was 4. We also weren't able to try any appetizers or late night food. They also don't put the centerpieces on the table for you, so our wedding party had to miss half the cocktail hour placing centerpieces on the tables. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married and have our reception. Knowing that the staff knew what they were doing and took care of the flow of everything the day of was a huge relief. I highly recommend anyone that is looking for a venue to take a tour here!

Minneapolis Golf Club

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kate S

My husband and I were very impressed after using the Minneapolis Golf Club for our wedding. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful all throughout the planning process. The catering director was easy to reach via email and answered all my questions timely. She has much... Read More experience running wedding receptions and it was apparent! The package includes everything and there are no surprise fees like many of the other reception venues in the area. The reception ran smoothly and the staff was gracious and helpful. We were very impressed with the venue and would recommend to other wedding couples without hesitation.

Beautiful and FUN Reception Venue!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Michael J

We held our reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club on October 18, and it was an absolute delight!! On top of that, every speck of the planning process was simple and well-organized. Nancy was a huge help in our initial planning process, and was even kind enough to provide a... Read More list of suggested vendors. We really appreciated this, as we had a relatively short window for planning! We visited the club a couple of times before the reception for a tour, a menu tasting, and then a final walk-through with Nancy. Each time the staff was extremely courteous, and professsional, going above and beyond to be sure we were comfortable. We simply cannot say enough good things about Nancy - she is well organized, straightforward, and has a good deal of experience in the industry. It was great to have her recommendations around how much food to have, and the overall event timeline! We did not have many decorations (read, zero decorations), but we did have a card box, escort cards, and dessert delivered the day-of to serve as table centerpieces, and MGC handled the set up for all of this. It was great to not have to think about it, and I really appreciated this extra step Nancy and her team took to make our day go smoothly! The menu had many choices, which made it easy for us to create a night that would be inclusive for all of our guests. We also appreciated a wide range of price points for appetizers and entrees, which helped us stay in our budget. During the reception (and still the week after), guests told us many times that they loved the food and how wonderful the service was. The facilities are absolutley beautiful, and we had a WONDERFUL time. We would definitely recommend MGC to anyone looking for a reception venue. Thank you Nancy and MGC team for all of your help!!

In LOVE with our wedding at MGC

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Audrey B

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Minneapolis Golf Club on 10/11/14 and couldn't have chosen a better venue for our special day!! We knew from the first day that we met with Nancy and toured that we wouldn't have any worries about our wedding day, Nancy truly knows... Read More how to put her Brides and Grooms minds at ease!! She and her staff were absolutely amazing to work with before and on the night of our wedding!! We received so many compliments about how elegant it was from the butler passed appetizers to the elegant look of the MGC. Nancy was fantastic with communication and always answered any questions in a timely manner. We met with Nancy the Wednesday before the wedding and she calculated an estimated total for us. We wanted to include appetizers and told Nancy what our budget allowed and she was more than willing to choose appetizers that were within our budget and we trusted her with that! I can only say positive things about working with Nancy, Molly and the rest of her staff at the Minneapolis Golf Club and would LOVE to recommend MGC to any bride and groom!

Fantastic Venue!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Mollie M

We decided on the Minneapolis Golf Club for a few reasons: central location, easy to work with Event Director (Nancy), value and space accommodations. The venue offered tastings before the wedding to help us select our dinner options (the cost was added to our final bill).... Read More This first run with the venue also helped us with questions we didn't even know we had because this meeting was also a relaxed review with the Event Director. The week before the wedding we had our final meeting with Nancy, she walked us through our budget in order to maximize our dollars to provide the best experience for our guests including food and beverage. The day of our wedding went so smoothly! I was allowed in the venue to get ready with my wedding party in the morning. The space I was given was fantastic, it was up away from the location of the reception hall. The service staff in the morning were so helpful, they stopped by for drink and food orders while we got ready. They were extremely helpful and extremely polite, it made the beginning of my day so relaxed. Nancy was also easily accessible throughout the entire event with any last minute questions I had. We also had another Event Coordinator, Molly, checking in on us throughout the day and night and ensuring everything was taken care of for us. I don't know that I can say enough about how great my experience was with the Minneapolis Golf Club!

Great Time!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Megan H

Our wedding was on 10/4/14 at the Minneapolis Golf Club! I would highly recommend this place! It was beautiful! The atmosphere, food and service was excellent! Nancy had some great suggestions for our cocktail hour and reception! We really enjoyed our in-person meetings with... Read More her. So many of our friends said it was the best wedding food they have ever had, and we couldn't agree more!

In a Word: Perfect

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

Our experience with MGC was superb. Nancy was incredibly helpful, offering names of vendors she's seen success with in the past as well as answering questions we didn't even think to ask ourselves. Her experience in the industry was obvious upon our first meeting and it made... Read More the whole day run smoothly. She was even able to accommodate an 8 foot trellis we decided to use in our ceremony a week prior to the wedding! I know this site states the room's capacity is 250, but I feel that might be a little crowded. We had 180 guests attend and we heard a collective sigh of relief when they saw the spacious avenues between tables, yet the lighting and atmosphere provided the intimate setting we were looking for. This number also allowed us to keep the dinner tables off the dance floor - no one lost their spot when the music started. Finally, the food. This was the number one compliment I received that night. Appetizers were passed by respectful and approachable waiters (who actually saved some for us knowing we would be pulled in every direction), dinner was served warm with thoughtful culinary presentation, and dessert (we did a variety of goodies at a station) was gone in ten minutes. The only complaint our guests had was that they wanted more! I would definitely recommend.

No wonder it's a Best Of Winner!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Jessica L

I held my ceremony and reception at the Minneapolis Golf Club on 9/6/14. I could not have picked a better location! Everything turned out perfectly, the staff was wonderful, the food was amazing, and everyone had a great time. Nancy Johnson Ewald definitely knows how to plan a... Read More wedding. She helped us determine what food to serve, how many hors d'oeuvres we needed, and how much alcohol was necessary. She answered questions very quickly! MGC offers a lounge, which is a great place to get ready! It was nice to be on site to do any last minute set up as well. As I mentioned, we held both our ceremony and reception at the venue's ballroom. It took an hour to "flip" the room, which was perfect for cocktail hour. It is necessary to have a florist, on-site coordinator, or family/friends to help with any centerpieces that are brought in. However, MGC provides complimentary centerpieces, which turned out really beautifully! The food is absolutely amazing and the portions are definitely big. No one will leave hungry! We had approximately 220 guests and served the Wild Rice Chicken Cashew and Cracker Crumb Walleye. I have received so many compliments post-wedding about the food and how delicious it was. Along with compliments about the food, the guests were blown away with the space and how smoothly everything went between the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone. You can make it as affordable or as expensive as you'd like. There's no need to spend much on additional decorations, because the overall decor of the venue is gorgeous on its own. The windows create an amazing atmosphere throughout!

Such an AMAZING Day/Venue/Coordinator!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Sara J

We held our wedding reception at the MGC on 8/23 and the day was just perfect! They just remodeled this winter and I was obsessed with the new gold & black design throughout the club. I have heard so many compliments over the last few weeks from guests who just LOVED the... Read More appetizers (I hear the egg roll was amazing) and the chicken dinner that was served. I was also very pleased that they do not have a cake cutting fee- so we ended up bringing in Coldstone ice-cream cake which was a huge hit! I had quite a few high maintenance requests from switching out the color of our linen the day before (after it was already set), to bringing in a 100lb swan full of flowers that needed a sturdy table to sit on, adding extra tables and a surprise video entrance that Nancy was SO great about handling. I also have to mention that they do provide table linen that hangs to the floor... linen n' effects were shocked when I told them that as they said majority of venues do not provide it and it probably saved us $100s. From recommending DJ's to food, Nancy did such an amazing job and you can trust that you'll be in good hands with her years of experience. All around, just a perfect night! * And I highly recommend using the uplighting! : )

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 Stacy S

We had our wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club on 8/16/14 and it went amazing! Nancy was so helpful throughout the whole process, because we had no idea what we were doing. She helped us make decisions that were in our price range. We were able to have the club for the whole... Read More day which made everything so easy for everyone involved in the wedding. All of the staff there was extremely helpful, professional and nice, they were great to work with! I had no stress on my wedding day, thanks to the helpful staff at MGC. I received many, many compliments on the food and how beautiful the venue was. I'm still receiving compliments on everything after people have gone to other weddings, telling me how great our food was. Also we now have beautiful pictures because of the gorgeous setting! Everything was perfect for our day! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

A perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 9/01/2014

Minneapolis Golf Club was fantastic! I had always heard great things about the venue and they delivered on all accounts. We enjoyed working with Nancy during the planning phase to ensure that all of our requests were setup for the day of our wedding. Nancy was on site during the... Read More entire event, and it was such a relief to know that we could trust our big day to someone with so much experience in the industry! We found all the staff on site to be truly a pleasure to work with as they were very professional and responsive to our requests. The food was unbelievable, both in presentation and in taste. The Chefs were easily able to accommodate all of our last minute changes and dietary requests, and all of our guests raved about the quality of their meals! As an event planner in the hospitality industry, I really appreciated how seamless the process was and how everything came together just as we planned. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location or better service. 10 out of 10!

Great Food - Beautiful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Bianca K

We absolutely loved having our July 2014 wedding at the Minneapolis Golf Club. We hosted roughly 150 guests (which was the perfect amount of people for not having tables on the dance floor at the reception) and held both our ceremony and reception at the venue. Nancy was helpful... Read More in person and we were so happy with the service and food. They were very accommodating of food allergies (gluten, dairy, etc.) and even worked with a guest on the day of to make sure that she was able to eat the meal. Our guests all raved about the food for weeks afterward (the walleye was amazing!). The new updates really class up the interior and gave it an elegant and modern feel. The only drawbacks to MGC was that there is a high service charge on all food/beverages (21%) and some of the fees seemed unnecessary (candy buffet fee). The club also has some odd rules about photography on the property. We realize that it is an exclusive members-only place but it is so beautiful and we would have loved to have more images on the course with the entire wedding party. We were able to go on the course as just the bride and groom though so not all is lost. Overall, it was absolutely an incredible venue and we are very pleased with how everything turned out. We are still constantly told that it was the most beautiful wedding that people have been to (we may be slightly bias...) and Nancy and her team were very accommodating and helpful. Definitely take a tour of this hidden gem!