Miss Harlequin - Wedding Makeup Artistry & Hair Design

Manhattan and Tri-State Areas

We'll make you look and feel fabulous!

Having worked with over 1,000 Brides worldwide, Miss Harlequin Make up and Hair Founder Lucy Flint, and her hand-picked experienced team of artists, have developed an unfaltering reputation as New York's go to hair and make up specialists for Bridal and Special Events. Miss Harlequin Make Up and Hair caters for every need and number, and we always have an artist whom best fits your personality, your budget, and best of all, your aesthetic. Miss Harlequin Make up and Hair artists are so personable you'll end up wanting them in your wedding.

West 21st street, New York , NY Manhattan and Tri-State Areas (415) 533-5388
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Danielle B

Lucy is AMAZING!!!! I had a wedding hair & makeup trial done by an upscale salon that I hated. After reading tons of amazing reviews I knew I had to try Lucy- and she did anything but let me down. Lucy is not only a total visionary and can translate exactly what you want to a... Read More real product but she's also cool as hell. Such a fun personality and when it came to the wedding day (and 12 girls for hair and makeup) she brought a whole crew just as lively and fun as her ! My whole party had the best time getting done up and might I add our hair and makeup was FLAWLESS. My hair and makeup lasted 12 full hours to boot!! THANK YOU LUCY!! You rock!

2016-07-30T04:15:20 Response from the vendor

Danielle, thank you for leaving me such a glowing review! You and your ladies were a hoot to work with from the moment we arrived. Definitely up there as one of our most fun jobs. Thank you for booking my team and I

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Katherine B

I don't even know where to start. Absolutely amazing team. My hair are very short and my dream was to wear a nice updo but hair stylist prior to that told me it was impossible and I should just get a nice wig. My hair is short because I had chemotherapy for breast cancer and my... Read More hair didnt grow as long as I thought they would in a year. Anyway Natasha made it happen and I have a pictures to show, she did an amazing updo that lasted the entire night and I was blown away, needless to say my mom and bridesmaids hair were on point. Same with my makeup, Gwen did an amazing job, my make up was flawless the entire night. I highly recommend. I felt like a princess because of Natasha and Gwen. I could give million starts if possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Rebecca W

They were great! My make up artist was Liza. She was easy to work with and made adjustments as I requested. I couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Kellen M

I hired Lucy for my wedding day, and it was one of the best decisions I made. We were blessed to work with many excellent vendors on my wedding day, but Lucy and Cati were truly exceptional. I have long, curly hair that has a tendency to frizz - and I got married in New York... Read More City in August. Despite the weather working against me, I wasn't afraid because I trusted Lucy would be able to give me perfect hair on my wedding day. And she did! She used my natural hair texture and curl (which was very important to my husband) to craft me the most beautiful retro updo. I felt stunning. Lucy and Cati also did a wonderful job on my family and friends. They were able to deliver a wide variety of looks while still making them look cohesive. On top of making my whole party look amazing, Lucy and Cati were a joy to hang out with! It felt like I had two extra friends on my wedding day. I would recommend Lucy and her team to anyone on their wedding day. Hiring her was by far one of the best decisions I made.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Florence B

Lucy and her team did a wonderful job on me and my bridesmaids, mother, sister and flower girl. They were punctual and friendly, made us all feel at ease and knew exactly how to make us look our best for this important event. I received so many compliments throughout my wedding... Read More day and felt unbelievably confident. Now that I'm starting to receive some pictures from the day I couldn't be happier with the hair and makeup Lucy did on me. I would 100% recommend her and her team!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Stephanie M

Lucy is the absolute best. She did hair and make up for my best friend's wedding for the bride and all of the bridesmaids. I immediately emailed Lucy to book her for my own wedding. Everyone's hair and makeup looked flawless. Not only is she super talented but Lucy and her... Read More assistants bring fun, laughter, and lightheartedness to the day. I couldn't imagine having anyone else help me create my wedding look and I can't wait to work with Lucy next November!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Michelle W

Lucy and her team were awesome to work with! Lucy, Desi and Cati managed to do hair and makeup for myself (bride) and 4 bridesmaids and 2 mothers in under 3 hours even with some hiccups around seating / setup space. They were able to run with it and not let the issue delay the... Read More schedule. And a special callout to Lucy who was so amazing to work with and ultimately knew my bone structure better than I did. The photos came out amazing and even 15 hours later my face had not melted off :)

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Kate G

Lucy was great when she came and did my hair and make-up on the morning of my City Hall wedding in New York. My husband and I came from the UK to get married in NYC, and I found Lucy online. She was great at responding to my messages before our trip, and was brilliant on the... Read More morning of the wedding, even though it was an early start! I'm a bit clueless about hair and make-up and I'd had a slightly disappointing make-up trial in the UK, so was really only able to tell Lucy what I hadn't liked from the trial, and a vague idea of what I thought I'd like for my look on the big day. She interpreted it fabulously, and made me look great while I still felt I looked like myself! Also, it was a really hot summer's day and my make-up stayed in place all day. Thanks so much, Lucy - I'd recommend you to any future bride. Kate

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Christy R

My wedding hair and make-up were great, and Lucy made the process of scheduling and payment simple. I had Cati as my stylist, and Desi styled my mother and in-law. Both were wonderful ladies to work with, and really helped me stay calm throughout the morning. My typical make-up... Read More is very simple, and Cati really heard me when I said I wanted to look natural. Desi did a wonderful job with my mother, who can be pretty particular. I would definitely recommend to anyone who really wants their make-up and hair stylist to listen to what they want!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Shayna B

Lucy is an absolute rockstar! Words cannot describe how happy my entire bridal party (of 15 picky women!!!!) were- especially me (the bride). Lucy and her team of 4 incredible artists (Desi, Cati, Natasha, Tatiana) arrived to the venue promptly and early. We had a long day of... Read More getting ready - but we managed to run early (does that ever happen during weddings?!) One by one, I saw my friends and family leave their makeup and hair chairs looking like the best versions of themselves. My mom (who, by the way, is the world's most fussy person when it comes to hair and makeup) was BRIMMING with happiness. She looked absolutely stunning. Miss Harlequin was by far one of the best vendors we ended up working with- and by far, the best hair and makeup artists to work with in NYC for weddings. You'll feel like you are working with your best girlfriends, and emerge feeling like the supermodel bride you SHOULD feel like. Can't say enough nice things- book them now!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Pamela K

Lucy was so wonderful to work with for my wedding -- easygoing, responsive, and got it right on the first try at my trial. For someone who never wears makeup or gets prettied up, I am easily intimidated by hair and makeup people, but she made the process feel fun and pleasant.... Read More Since I don't wear makeup ever, Lucy was great about making sure it didn't look like I was too overdone, while still looking my best for the big day. My husband, who hates makeup and told me he would prefer if I didn't wear ANY on our wedding day even approved on the day I came home from my trial - which is a huge deal for him! As for my hair, it was really a "work of art," as my friends called it. I highly recommend Lucy!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Beth M

Lucy did hair and makeup for my low-key City Hall wedding. She really listened to what I had in mind (a very minimal look) and was a pleasure to work with, and very reasonable priced. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Emily M

I'm giving Miss Harlequin 5 stars because of one of her stylists Natasha, who came to my apartment this weekend to do updo's for my mom and I. Her professionalism, warmth, and ability made her such a great stylist to work with! We showed her pictures and she understood exactly... Read More what we wanted. My apartment's fuse even blew halfway through the session and she was great at keeping us calm and collected while we waited to get it fixed! Our hair was perfect and stayed in place for hours.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Sally S

I just got married last week and the day was perfect thanks to Lucy, Cynthia (photographer), the Greenwich hotel and Grand Banks. Lucy is so incredibly talented, kind and stylish. (btw, she also looks like a model. I had my hair and makeup trial in January and i liked it, but... Read More I changed my mind about my hair as the wedding was approaching and Lucy was so easygoing and turned me into the bride of my dreams, I went boxing a week before my wedding and had pretty bloody knuckles that Lucy was able to airbrush with ease. I highly recommend Lucy, she is so professional, efficient and friendly. She's a busy lady, so make sure to book her in advance. :)

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Jamie G

I can't recommend Lucy highly enough. From the trial to the day of, she was literally amazing. I didn't have a specific idea of what I wanted, and she made great recommendations and worked so quickly to show me some options. I felt so comfortable working with her and as someone... Read More who doesn't wear a ton of makeup, I was so glad that the final product felt like me, just enhanced. The whole getting ready process day of with her and Cati was so comfortable and fun. Picking Lucy and Miss Harlequin was one of the best wedding decisions I made and I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Brette H

Miss Harlequin is a wonderful company to work with. My original hair and makeup team fell through, and I contacted Lucy at the last minute, about two weeks before my wedding. She responded right away and answered all of my questions and calmed me down. I was able to schedule... Read More a makeup trial with Cati, which turned out great. Cati and Desi did hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids the morning of my wedding. They showed up on time and were great to work with. My whole bridal party loved the way they looked. I definitely recommend them for weddings. Lucy is A++ at dealing with stressed, crazy brides.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017

Top notch choice! I am thrilled to have chosen Miss Harlequin to my wedding the 10th of June! I could not have chosen any better for the task of making me as a bride feel as beautiful as I ever could! First of all, it was so easy to get in contact with Lucy. She immediately... Read More replied to my email request for the date etc. I live in Sweden and was coming nearly a year later to New York to tie the knot! We had contact through email and I went to New York in November to recog the venue and also do a trial with senior stylist Desi. The trial was so professional and Desi was excellent with make up and hair. Lucy and I have had contact over the months before the big day, and she's been really attentive to my needs as a bride to be and Desi came to the hotel on the day of the wedding! I had changed my mind regarding what kind of make up I wanted, but she made me feel as beautiful as I could ever be! I would LOVE for them to do my hair and make up the next time I visit! Maybe for an anniversary, I just want another reason to be styled by the team of Miss Harlequin. Both Lucy and Desi are highly professionals and I would recommend them to anyone out there what's the extra treatment!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kristie F

I worked with Liza from Miss Harlequin for my wedding this past Saturday. I'm really picky about my makeup and rarely like the makeup I've had done for friends' weddings, but I felt amazing on my wedding day! Lucy, the owner, was a great communicator, and Liza was an amazing... Read More stylist. She showed up early and was relaxed and efficient and fun to chat with and very passionate about her work. She took the time to really understand what I did and didn't want and then far exceeded my expectations. I got tons of compliments on my hair especially, which looked soft and romantic but didn't budge at all throughout the event, and when I unpinned it turned into gorgeous curls that lasted through the next day!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kate W

Lucy was absolutely wonderful to work with - she is flexible, professional, prompt, and easy to be around. She is confident in her work, relaxed in her approach, and diligent in understanding your hair and make-up preferences. My family and I really enjoyed Lucy's company and... Read More looking back on my wedding day, the intimate time spent getting ready in the morning with my mom and sisters will remain a very special special part of the day thanks to Lucy! I would highly recommend Lucy to anyone looking for an amazing hair and make-up experience. All the 5-star ratings don't do her justice!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kate W

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Allison K

My friend had a very small, intimate wedding in Manhattan, and I coordinated with Lucy from Chicago over email. She was wonderful to work with, very professional. All I went off of were her communication skills and her yelp reviews, so I really didn't know what to expect from... Read More her regarding makeup. Her makeup and hair skills were perfect! I have difficult hair, and she worked with it adeptly and made it beautiful. She airbrushes, which I love but forgot to even ask. My makeup was gorgeous. The bride looked astonishing! As did her bridesmaids. Would definitely hire her again in a snap if I'm ever in NYC.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Meredith D

Lucy and her team are absolutely incredible. I found Lucy on The Knot and met her for an initial consultation in April. Unlike some other hair and makeup artists I'd had trial runs with, she perfectly executed looks I'd found online when she tried them on my hair. Her makeup... Read More application was natural and flawless. I was sold -- so much so that instead of going with the style I originally had in mind, I asked her what she would do to my hair given how my dress and hair are if I had no preference. She immediately responded with a beautiful style idea that I ended up adapting. I loved it. It had all of the components of what I wanted but was better. She ended up sweeping my hair to one side so my back was exposed and my hair was in a beautiful wave to one side. It stayed put from 1:00 PM when she finished it and still looked great twelve hours later when the wedding was over. In fact - it seemed to get better throughout the evening as the curls fell but still looked flawless in photographs at the beginning of the day. Mind you, this was a humid summer day of almost 90 degree heat and my hair and makeup stayed perfect through pictures, ugly crying, and hours of dancing. Throughout the planning process she was a dream to work with. She is highly organized and was able to do hair and makeup for eleven women in a short period of time, with the assistance of two other stylist - Tatiana and Paulina, who were both fabulous. Everyone looked beautiful and natural for the wedding -- I cannot wait to see the professional pictures! Lucy is the best and worth every penny.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Janice B

Typically, I don't wear a lot of makeup and when I've had my makeup done in the past... I ended up not looking like myself. For my wedding, it was important to me to look done-up but in a natural way. I gave her a few examples of what I wanted... Lucy nailed it. Lucy and her... Read More entire team know exactly how to enhance your beauty and make your pretty face, even prettier. The can get you the look you want and be flexible if you change your mind (like I did). Lucy is incredibly talented and is so much more than a makeup & hair artist just for weddings. You can trust her and her team to make you look like a knock-out for any event. The year leading up to the big day on May 28, 2017, I saw Lucy for my 1) wedding trial 2) engagement photos 3) rehearsal 4) wedding. She's my go-to if I'm looking to get dolled up for any special occasion. Now I just need to find another special occasion ;)

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Minna K

Miss Harlequin is a precious jewel. From the very first email to the last dusting of setting power, coordinating with Lucy and working with the senior makeup artist (Tatiana) was a high-class experience that truly allowed me to enjoy my wedding day. They are hard-working... Read More perfectionists who will listen to you and collaborate with you to help execute your vision. Tatiana was a super-trooper and worked like a true pro to get me, two bridesmaids and two moms looking glamorous for the rest of the day. Everyone really enjoyed their time in the chair and I couldn't have been happier! Both my makeup and my hair stayed put and perfect into the early morning and I'll say with confidence that I've never felt more beautiful. I had a number of other options fall through in the weeks before my wedding, so I *especially* appreciate Lucy's communication skills and her ability to soothe frayed bridal nerves. Don't overthink it, go with Miss Harlequin and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Virginie T

A great moment with Lucy for my beautiful wedding day. Lucy is amazing, so nice and she did her best for me, i was coming from France to New York to get married, a lot of stress about all the organization but with Lucy everything was perfect ! We were in touch since about... Read More more than 1 year, Lucy was always quick to answer all my questions and really friendly and professional. About my hairs, i wanted something which is natural, elegant, something close to "me", i was so happy with the result ! And for the make up, just one word: AMAZING ! Airbrush is the best especially when you have a photo session for 6 hours in New York with a sunny day.i had the best smoky eyes ever ! Thanks again for everything Lucy, i was so happy, i was feeling like a real princess !

Lucy Flint

I've had a life-long love affair with Make-Up & Hair Styling, and after 15 years working in a Corporate environment I took the plunge and left a successful career in London to pursue my dream of becoming a successful Make Up Artist & Hair Stylist in New York. Fast forward 6 years and a 1000 unique brides later, I'm still living my dream and doing what I love, meeting amazing women in the happiest of circumstances, and bringing their wedding day Make Up & Hair vision to life.