Miss Harlequin - Wedding Makeup Artistry & Hair Design

Manhattan and Tri-State Areas

We'll make you look and feel fabulous!

Having worked with over 1,000 Brides worldwide, Miss Harlequin Make up and Hair Founder Lucy Flint, and her hand-picked experienced team of artists, have developed an unfaltering reputation as New York's go to hair and make up specialists for Bridal and Special Events. Miss Harlequin Make Up and Hair caters for every need and number, and we always have an artist whom best fits your personality, your budget, and best of all, your aesthetic. Miss Harlequin Make up and Hair artists are so personable you'll end up wanting them in your wedding.

West 21st street, New York , NY Manhattan and Tri-State Areas (415) 533-5388
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Danielle B

Lucy is AMAZING!!!! I had a wedding hair & makeup trial done by an upscale salon that I hated. After reading tons of amazing reviews I knew I had to try Lucy- and she did anything but let me down. Lucy is not only a total visionary and can translate exactly what you want to a... Read More real product but she's also cool as hell. Such a fun personality and when it came to the wedding day (and 12 girls for hair and makeup) she brought a whole crew just as lively and fun as her ! My whole party had the best time getting done up and might I add our hair and makeup was FLAWLESS. My hair and makeup lasted 12 full hours to boot!! THANK YOU LUCY!! You rock!

2016-07-30T04:15:20 Response from the vendor

Danielle, thank you for leaving me such a glowing review! You and your ladies were a hoot to work with from the moment we arrived. Definitely up there as one of our most fun jobs. Thank you for booking my team and I

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Shayna B

Lucy is an absolute rockstar! Words cannot describe how happy my entire bridal party (of 15 picky women!!!!) were- especially me (the bride). Lucy and her team of 4 incredible artists (Desi, Cati, Natasha, Tatiana) arrived to the venue promptly and early. We had a long day of... Read More getting ready - but we managed to run early (does that ever happen during weddings?!) One by one, I saw my friends and family leave their makeup and hair chairs looking like the best versions of themselves. My mom (who, by the way, is the world's most fussy person when it comes to hair and makeup) was BRIMMING with happiness. She looked absolutely stunning. Miss Harlequin was by far one of the best vendors we ended up working with- and by far, the best hair and makeup artists to work with in NYC for weddings. You'll feel like you are working with your best girlfriends, and emerge feeling like the supermodel bride you SHOULD feel like. Can't say enough nice things- book them now!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Pamela K

Lucy was so wonderful to work with for my wedding -- easygoing, responsive, and got it right on the first try at my trial. For someone who never wears makeup or gets prettied up, I am easily intimidated by hair and makeup people, but she made the process feel fun and pleasant.... Read More Since I don't wear makeup ever, Lucy was great about making sure it didn't look like I was too overdone, while still looking my best for the big day. My husband, who hates makeup and told me he would prefer if I didn't wear ANY on our wedding day even approved on the day I came home from my trial - which is a huge deal for him! As for my hair, it was really a "work of art," as my friends called it. I highly recommend Lucy!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Beth M

Lucy did hair and makeup for my low-key City Hall wedding. She really listened to what I had in mind (a very minimal look) and was a pleasure to work with, and very reasonable priced. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Emily M

I'm giving Miss Harlequin 5 stars because of one of her stylists Natasha, who came to my apartment this weekend to do updo's for my mom and I. Her professionalism, warmth, and ability made her such a great stylist to work with! We showed her pictures and she understood exactly... Read More what we wanted. My apartment's fuse even blew halfway through the session and she was great at keeping us calm and collected while we waited to get it fixed! Our hair was perfect and stayed in place for hours.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Sally S

I just got married last week and the day was perfect thanks to Lucy, Cynthia (photographer), the Greenwich hotel and Grand Banks. Lucy is so incredibly talented, kind and stylish. (btw, she also looks like a model. I had my hair and makeup trial in January and i liked it, but... Read More I changed my mind about my hair as the wedding was approaching and Lucy was so easygoing and turned me into the bride of my dreams, I went boxing a week before my wedding and had pretty bloody knuckles that Lucy was able to airbrush with ease. I highly recommend Lucy, she is so professional, efficient and friendly. She's a busy lady, so make sure to book her in advance. :)

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Jamie G

I can't recommend Lucy highly enough. From the trial to the day of, she was literally amazing. I didn't have a specific idea of what I wanted, and she made great recommendations and worked so quickly to show me some options. I felt so comfortable working with her and as someone... Read More who doesn't wear a ton of makeup, I was so glad that the final product felt like me, just enhanced. The whole getting ready process day of with her and Cati was so comfortable and fun. Picking Lucy and Miss Harlequin was one of the best wedding decisions I made and I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Brette H

Miss Harlequin is a wonderful company to work with. My original hair and makeup team fell through, and I contacted Lucy at the last minute, about two weeks before my wedding. She responded right away and answered all of my questions and calmed me down. I was able to schedule... Read More a makeup trial with Cati, which turned out great. Cati and Desi did hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids the morning of my wedding. They showed up on time and were great to work with. My whole bridal party loved the way they looked. I definitely recommend them for weddings. Lucy is A++ at dealing with stressed, crazy brides.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017

Top notch choice! I am thrilled to have chosen Miss Harlequin to my wedding the 10th of June! I could not have chosen any better for the task of making me as a bride feel as beautiful as I ever could! First of all, it was so easy to get in contact with Lucy. She immediately... Read More replied to my email request for the date etc. I live in Sweden and was coming nearly a year later to New York to tie the knot! We had contact through email and I went to New York in November to recog the venue and also do a trial with senior stylist Desi. The trial was so professional and Desi was excellent with make up and hair. Lucy and I have had contact over the months before the big day, and she's been really attentive to my needs as a bride to be and Desi came to the hotel on the day of the wedding! I had changed my mind regarding what kind of make up I wanted, but she made me feel as beautiful as I could ever be! I would LOVE for them to do my hair and make up the next time I visit! Maybe for an anniversary, I just want another reason to be styled by the team of Miss Harlequin. Both Lucy and Desi are highly professionals and I would recommend them to anyone out there what's the extra treatment!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kristie F

I worked with Liza from Miss Harlequin for my wedding this past Saturday. I'm really picky about my makeup and rarely like the makeup I've had done for friends' weddings, but I felt amazing on my wedding day! Lucy, the owner, was a great communicator, and Liza was an amazing... Read More stylist. She showed up early and was relaxed and efficient and fun to chat with and very passionate about her work. She took the time to really understand what I did and didn't want and then far exceeded my expectations. I got tons of compliments on my hair especially, which looked soft and romantic but didn't budge at all throughout the event, and when I unpinned it turned into gorgeous curls that lasted through the next day!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kate W

Lucy was absolutely wonderful to work with - she is flexible, professional, prompt, and easy to be around. She is confident in her work, relaxed in her approach, and diligent in understanding your hair and make-up preferences. My family and I really enjoyed Lucy's company and... Read More looking back on my wedding day, the intimate time spent getting ready in the morning with my mom and sisters will remain a very special special part of the day thanks to Lucy! I would highly recommend Lucy to anyone looking for an amazing hair and make-up experience. All the 5-star ratings don't do her justice!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kate W

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Allison K

My friend had a very small, intimate wedding in Manhattan, and I coordinated with Lucy from Chicago over email. She was wonderful to work with, very professional. All I went off of were her communication skills and her yelp reviews, so I really didn't know what to expect from... Read More her regarding makeup. Her makeup and hair skills were perfect! I have difficult hair, and she worked with it adeptly and made it beautiful. She airbrushes, which I love but forgot to even ask. My makeup was gorgeous. The bride looked astonishing! As did her bridesmaids. Would definitely hire her again in a snap if I'm ever in NYC.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Meredith D

Lucy and her team are absolutely incredible. I found Lucy on The Knot and met her for an initial consultation in April. Unlike some other hair and makeup artists I'd had trial runs with, she perfectly executed looks I'd found online when she tried them on my hair. Her makeup... Read More application was natural and flawless. I was sold -- so much so that instead of going with the style I originally had in mind, I asked her what she would do to my hair given how my dress and hair are if I had no preference. She immediately responded with a beautiful style idea that I ended up adapting. I loved it. It had all of the components of what I wanted but was better. She ended up sweeping my hair to one side so my back was exposed and my hair was in a beautiful wave to one side. It stayed put from 1:00 PM when she finished it and still looked great twelve hours later when the wedding was over. In fact - it seemed to get better throughout the evening as the curls fell but still looked flawless in photographs at the beginning of the day. Mind you, this was a humid summer day of almost 90 degree heat and my hair and makeup stayed perfect through pictures, ugly crying, and hours of dancing. Throughout the planning process she was a dream to work with. She is highly organized and was able to do hair and makeup for eleven women in a short period of time, with the assistance of two other stylist - Tatiana and Paulina, who were both fabulous. Everyone looked beautiful and natural for the wedding -- I cannot wait to see the professional pictures! Lucy is the best and worth every penny.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Janice B

Typically, I don't wear a lot of makeup and when I've had my makeup done in the past... I ended up not looking like myself. For my wedding, it was important to me to look done-up but in a natural way. I gave her a few examples of what I wanted... Lucy nailed it. Lucy and her... Read More entire team know exactly how to enhance your beauty and make your pretty face, even prettier. The can get you the look you want and be flexible if you change your mind (like I did). Lucy is incredibly talented and is so much more than a makeup & hair artist just for weddings. You can trust her and her team to make you look like a knock-out for any event. The year leading up to the big day on May 28, 2017, I saw Lucy for my 1) wedding trial 2) engagement photos 3) rehearsal 4) wedding. She's my go-to if I'm looking to get dolled up for any special occasion. Now I just need to find another special occasion ;)

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Minna K

Miss Harlequin is a precious jewel. From the very first email to the last dusting of setting power, coordinating with Lucy and working with the senior makeup artist (Tatiana) was a high-class experience that truly allowed me to enjoy my wedding day. They are hard-working... Read More perfectionists who will listen to you and collaborate with you to help execute your vision. Tatiana was a super-trooper and worked like a true pro to get me, two bridesmaids and two moms looking glamorous for the rest of the day. Everyone really enjoyed their time in the chair and I couldn't have been happier! Both my makeup and my hair stayed put and perfect into the early morning and I'll say with confidence that I've never felt more beautiful. I had a number of other options fall through in the weeks before my wedding, so I *especially* appreciate Lucy's communication skills and her ability to soothe frayed bridal nerves. Don't overthink it, go with Miss Harlequin and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Virginie T

A great moment with Lucy for my beautiful wedding day. Lucy is amazing, so nice and she did her best for me, i was coming from France to New York to get married, a lot of stress about all the organization but with Lucy everything was perfect ! We were in touch since about... Read More more than 1 year, Lucy was always quick to answer all my questions and really friendly and professional. About my hairs, i wanted something which is natural, elegant, something close to "me", i was so happy with the result ! And for the make up, just one word: AMAZING ! Airbrush is the best especially when you have a photo session for 6 hours in New York with a sunny day.i had the best smoky eyes ever ! Thanks again for everything Lucy, i was so happy, i was feeling like a real princess !

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Rachel E

Had Lucy do my hair/makeup for my wedding earlier this year. She was absolutely wonderful! I found her on Yelp and loved the way she did curls. I wanted to wear my hair down but also had a dress I wanted to show off my back in, so asked her if she could do a side-swept sort of... Read More old-hollywood/vintage curly style. I did a trial and she completely nailed it. I also adored my makeup, which was very natural. My now-husband couldn't stop saying how perfect I looked at the event. But I also still looked like me, which was very important to me! It's also very important to note that Lucy is a wonderful person to talk to and I completely enjoyed spending my wedding morning hanging out with her. I would recommend her without hesitation to anyone.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Amy J

Lucy was exactly what I was looking for to create my wedding day hairstyle. From the moment I made my enquiry (which was quite last minute!), Lucy was helpful in being flexible to meet my needs, and I felt reassured from the outset. On the day itself, Lucy arrived in good time,... Read More was chatty and friendly, and in no time at all, made the vision I had in my head come to life. We had an outdoor wedding in Central Park, so I wanted quite a relaxed/messy style, that would nevertheless last all day without me needing to worry about it, and that's exactly what Lucy created for me with no fuss, stress or drama. I also really appreciated her going the extra mile to help my chief bridesmaid with her hairstyle at the last minute on the morning! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lucy, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Polina B

Being a wedding photographer myself I had a privilege to work with many great make up artists & hair stylists in the industry. But when it came to my own wedding I could think only about one person whom I wanted to hire on this special day, and this person was Miss Harlequin! I... Read More think I called Lucy same day as we booked the venue. Let me tell you the truth: the only make-up that I use is foundation and mascara. So it was very important for me that my make-up will be very natural, yet will make me look more beautiful than ever! I didn't want to look back at the pictures from my wedding not being able to recognize myself. And that's exactly what Lucy does!! The person looks just like her everyday self, but an upgraded stunning version! Talking about hair - my hair is shoulder length and I have bangs. I wear bangs for many years now and thought that I want to keep it for my wedding hairstyle too. But after Lucy finished my beautiful makeup I realized that I want my face open. And she made this happen!! My husband is very picky in pretty much everything. He is very specific with what he likes and what he doesn't. He LOVED my hair and make-up and I think it already a huge compliment to Lucy's work. Dear Miss Harlequin, I can't thank you enough for being a part of our day! All of us (me, my husband, our daughter and our photographer) loved not only your work, but also your wonderful personality! I can't wait to work with you again. Next time in my regular role of a wedding photographer. ;)

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Ansley L

Lucy was AMAZING!! So sweet and so easy to work with! I got married at noon so she had to be at my hotel room bright and early at 6:30AM. She was early and ready to go. She put me at ease and made me look like a goddess!! Some of my bridesmaids got their HMU done by Desi. They... Read More all looked great and she listened to all the different wants and made them a realty.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Sarah M

I had a great experience with Lucy and her associate Cati for our recent wedding. Lucy was attentive and easy to get in touch with from when I booked my trial, and Cati--who did my hair and makeup--was very sweet and did a great job. While I loved my look from the trial, I... Read More decided to tweak a couple of things to go for a slightly more natural look for the day of. Cati listened EXACTLY so that on my wedding day, everything was perfect! My new husband and our guests all loved the look, and it really looked like me--still myself, but my best self. I would absolutely recommend Cati and Lucy!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Lu C

Lucy was a true godsend. What a fun and amazing personality! And so so talented! I felt so gorgeous on BOTH my wedding days! My husband and I said our first wedding of the week at the courthouse on a Monday morning. Lucy was at my place bright and early at 6:30 on a very rainy... Read More morning, ready to work and help me pull together my look. We laughed and had fun and drank tea and in no time at all I felt more gorgeous than ever! We snapped gorgeous photos and I felt appropriately glam for our courthouse event! Then! For our big wedding party, with family in from out of town, and our Soho party later that week, Lucy came to help me get ready at the Crosby Street Hotel with my girlfriends and sister and our awesome photographer, John Keon. She fit right in like family, had some champagne, and before I know it, I looked EXACTLY like my trial look -- feeling 100% confident and the most beautiful I ever felt. Lucy was warm, comforting, friendly, SO SO SKILLED, and the best I could have ever wanted. I knew from minute one at my trial that she would be the best to work with -- and I only ever met her. Why search when you found perfection!? I only wish I could get married once more so we could do it all over! I am most certain I will look to her again for other events and big moments in my life -- she is like a swat team for my confidence!! Thank you, thank you, Lucy!

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Briana Z

I wish Lucy came in pocket-size so I could take her every where with me! She not only is a delight to be around on your most important day, but she did a FABULOUS job on what I would consider an intricate hairstyle. She nailed the perfect look for my NYC elopement! I can't say... Read More enough fabulous things about her! Oh, did I mention the city was shut down due to a BLIZZARD and she still made it to my hotel with a smile on time! TROOPER!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Kate M

Lucy and her team were amazing! I will admit, I really struggled as a bride with how to wear my hair and makeup. In my heart of hearts, I wanted to wear my hair down, flowing with a pop of red lip! But I had never done that before and to be honest, my hair does not hold a... Read More curl AT ALL. I expressed this to Lucy and I have to say, she was amazing. She listened to what I wanted and was patient, trying a few different things on me in my trial until we found the look that matched exactly what I had in mind. I felt amazing on my wedding day, and everything held and lasted the full day. Additionally, Lucy and her teammate worked with my mom and maid of honor, who both loved the experience and looked fantastic! We couldn't have been happier. Lucy - thanks for hearing me and giving me the wedding look I've always wanted!

2017-01-24T08:59:06 Response from the vendor

Such a lovely day with you Kate. Thank you for booking us. xx

Lucy Flint

I've had a life-long love affair with Make-Up & Hair Styling, and after 15 years working in a Corporate environment I took the plunge and left a successful career in London to pursue my dream of becoming a successful Make Up Artist & Hair Stylist in New York. Fast forward 6 years and a 1000 unique brides later, I'm still living my dream and doing what I love, meeting amazing women in the happiest of circumstances, and bringing their wedding day Make Up & Hair vision to life.