Miss Harlequin - Wedding Makeup Artistry & Hair Design

Manhattan and Tri-State Areas

We'll make you look and feel fabulous!

Having worked with over 1,000 Brides worldwide, Miss Harlequin Make up and Hair Founder Lucy Flint, and her hand-picked experienced team of artists, have developed an unfaltering reputation as New York's go to hair and make up specialists for Bridal and Special Events. Miss Harlequin Make Up and Hair caters for every need and number, and we always have an artist whom best fits your personality, your budget, and best of all, your aesthetic. Miss Harlequin Make up and Hair artists are so personable you'll end up wanting them in your wedding.

West 21st street, New York , NY Manhattan and Tri-State Areas (415) 533-5388
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Danielle B

Lucy is AMAZING!!!! I had a wedding hair & makeup trial done by an upscale salon that I hated. After reading tons of amazing reviews I knew I had to try Lucy- and she did anything but let me down. Lucy is not only a total visionary and can translate exactly what you want to a... Read More real product but she's also cool as hell. Such a fun personality and when it came to the wedding day (and 12 girls for hair and makeup) she brought a whole crew just as lively and fun as her ! My whole party had the best time getting done up and might I add our hair and makeup was FLAWLESS. My hair and makeup lasted 12 full hours to boot!! THANK YOU LUCY!! You rock!

2016-07-30T04:15:20 Response from the vendor

Danielle, thank you for leaving me such a glowing review! You and your ladies were a hoot to work with from the moment we arrived. Definitely up there as one of our most fun jobs. Thank you for booking my team and I

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Ansley L

Lucy was AMAZING!! So sweet and so easy to work with! I got married at noon so she had to be at my hotel room bright and early at 6:30AM. She was early and ready to go. She put me at ease and made me look like a goddess!! Some of my bridesmaids got their HMU done by Desi. They... Read More all looked great and she listened to all the different wants and made them a realty.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Sarah M

I had a great experience with Lucy and her associate Cati for our recent wedding. Lucy was attentive and easy to get in touch with from when I booked my trial, and Cati--who did my hair and makeup--was very sweet and did a great job. While I loved my look from the trial, I... Read More decided to tweak a couple of things to go for a slightly more natural look for the day of. Cati listened EXACTLY so that on my wedding day, everything was perfect! My new husband and our guests all loved the look, and it really looked like me--still myself, but my best self. I would absolutely recommend Cati and Lucy!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Lu C

Lucy was a true godsend. What a fun and amazing personality! And so so talented! I felt so gorgeous on BOTH my wedding days! My husband and I said our first wedding of the week at the courthouse on a Monday morning. Lucy was at my place bright and early at 6:30 on a very rainy... Read More morning, ready to work and help me pull together my look. We laughed and had fun and drank tea and in no time at all I felt more gorgeous than ever! We snapped gorgeous photos and I felt appropriately glam for our courthouse event! Then! For our big wedding party, with family in from out of town, and our Soho party later that week, Lucy came to help me get ready at the Crosby Street Hotel with my girlfriends and sister and our awesome photographer, John Keon. She fit right in like family, had some champagne, and before I know it, I looked EXACTLY like my trial look -- feeling 100% confident and the most beautiful I ever felt. Lucy was warm, comforting, friendly, SO SO SKILLED, and the best I could have ever wanted. I knew from minute one at my trial that she would be the best to work with -- and I only ever met her. Why search when you found perfection!? I only wish I could get married once more so we could do it all over! I am most certain I will look to her again for other events and big moments in my life -- she is like a swat team for my confidence!! Thank you, thank you, Lucy!

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Briana Z

I wish Lucy came in pocket-size so I could take her every where with me! She not only is a delight to be around on your most important day, but she did a FABULOUS job on what I would consider an intricate hairstyle. She nailed the perfect look for my NYC elopement! I can't say... Read More enough fabulous things about her! Oh, did I mention the city was shut down due to a BLIZZARD and she still made it to my hotel with a smile on time! TROOPER!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Kate M

Lucy and her team were amazing! I will admit, I really struggled as a bride with how to wear my hair and makeup. In my heart of hearts, I wanted to wear my hair down, flowing with a pop of red lip! But I had never done that before and to be honest, my hair does not hold a... Read More curl AT ALL. I expressed this to Lucy and I have to say, she was amazing. She listened to what I wanted and was patient, trying a few different things on me in my trial until we found the look that matched exactly what I had in mind. I felt amazing on my wedding day, and everything held and lasted the full day. Additionally, Lucy and her teammate worked with my mom and maid of honor, who both loved the experience and looked fantastic! We couldn't have been happier. Lucy - thanks for hearing me and giving me the wedding look I've always wanted!

2017-01-24T08:59:06 Response from the vendor

Such a lovely day with you Kate. Thank you for booking us. xx

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Epiphany W

Loved my wedding hair and make-up! As someone who is half black and half Native American, I have A LOT of hair (down to the middle of my back and very curly). It can seem daunting to even the most skilled hair stylists. Lucy was able to tackle it without a sweat, I was very... Read More pleasantly surprised at her skill and confidence. She was able to work within our budget and was very easy to work with! Loved her personality and you can tell she loves what she does. Did I mention I loved my hair! Only had to do one trial to know she was the one! Also she was able to do the hair of two of my bridesmaids and my mother. They all loved their hair as well. For my makeup she was able to look at the picture and perfectly replicate it. Not too much make up or cake-y and not too light. My hair and airbrush makeup lasted the whole day and several outfit changes: from robe to wedding dress to get away dress to after party. I really enjoyed working with her and would recommend her to anyone. I've posted some non professional photos on her Yelp site for you to check if you wish. Thank you Lucy for making me look and feel like a princess on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 C B

I used Miss Harlequin to do my hair & makeup for my wedding 2 weeks ago in Brooklyn. I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out! Cati also came as a 2nd hair/makeup and worked on my MOH, who also loved her look. Miss Harlequin (Lucy) was so sweet and fun to work with. I... Read More mentioned after my trial that I might want to change my hairstyle and she was very flexible saying as long as I just brought pictures, she'd do whatever I wanted! She also used airbrush makeup, which was amazing!! I got married on a day when it was sunny and a high of around 85 degrees, so I was super nervous that my makeup would come off before the wedding even started (I don't handle heat well). Even when I was sure my makeup was coming off, it looked as if it had just been done. If you want someone to do your hair and makeup who is very low-key/chill, easy to work with, and will make you feel totally comfortable, Miss Harlequin is a great choice!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Bethany W

Lucy did my hair and makeup for my wedding on August 6, 2016. During the trial 4-5 months before the wedding she did an amazing job listening to what I wanted and helping me decide the best look for me. The day of the wedding she was on-time, organized, and had everything she... Read More needed to make me, my mom and my sister look fantastic! She is easy to talk to and makes everyone feel at ease. I loved my hair and makeup, and more importantly, so did everyone else!! Thank you so much Lucy!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Nicky M

EXCEPTIONAL, AMAZING, AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Now I have your attention, there are no words to fully convey to you how amazing this lady is! I'm from the North of England and planned our wedding in New York purely from recommendations and reviews and to put it plainly you need Lucy to... Read More provide hair and make up for you on your big day! I have worked in the wedding industry for a decade and have worked with countless people none of whom come close to the level of professionalism and exceptional talent that I had the pleasure of experiencing on my big day from Lucy. From the minute she arrived at our hotel it was like we'd known each other for years, to say she put me at ease is a massive understatement. With regards to her incredible skills, I showed her a picture of what I had in mind which she basically recreated exactly as I asked and what's probably most important, I still looked like me....the best me I could look like, but still me. To put it simply, the service you will receive will be second to none....stop looking, you've found the person you need! x

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Beth S

Lucy is such a professional and made me, my sister and my husband's sister all look amazing for my wedding. We all have very different looks and she accommodated each of us.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

Lucy is pure magic! She did my hair and make-up for my wedding day and I loved how I looked! No one has ever pulled off my hair and make-up to perfection and I thank you, Lucy for making me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day, even 8 hours later! She will do exactly... Read More what you want adding tips if your unsure. Lucy is kind, patient and calm, the ideal person you want on your wedding day. I am a fussy person and never liked my hair or make-up professionally done. My hair is limp and always comes down straight, and make-up either too much for my big features or I feel tarred and feathered...well, my hair stayed up even after I took the bobby pins out AND my make-up looked natural and felt natural, exactly what I asked. She really is a miracle worker!! I am blessed to have found Lucy who is so talented in both hair and make-up! You won't be dissapointed

Reviewed on 8/19/2016

Lucy Flint, Thank you for making my three princess's and I look fabulous for the family wedding and reception. You were very professional in every aspect. You were very punctual and had us ready for both events on time. You listened to the request of my daughters and gave them... Read More exactly what they wanted to do for their hairstyles/makeup. You were very patient and understanding with my young kids and answered all their makeup related questions and made them feel so pampered! All day, I felt like a celebrity with different looks for the morning wedding and evening reception. You're a very talented and warm individual and we were very glad to have met you! Ever since our first conversation ...to the day of the event, you made this entire process fun, flawless and fabulous! You delivered on all your promises!! I would recommend you to anyone who wants to feel and look gorgeous for any kind of events! Thanks for everything!!

2016-08-24T19:04:54 Response from the vendor

What kind kind words Arpita. Thank you for taking the time to write this. I had such an amazing day with you and your 3 beautiful daughters. Come back to New York soon!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016

I LOVE LUCY! =) I first met Lucy in San Francisco when I needed a hair/makeup artist for my birthday celebration! I loved my look! She is very creative and helped me find the ideal look for the dress I was wearing. Since then, I fell in love and used her multiple times any... Read More time I had an event to go to. Coincidentally, she moved to New York =( and I happened to win a wedding contest that was going to be held in New York. I contacted her again for her services for events I needed to attend that led up to my wedding. I referred to her to my mother, sister-in-law, and mother-in-law and they were absolutely satisfied with her work. If you are looking for a creative artist, look no more, because Miss Harlequin is the best at what she does!

2016-08-24T19:06:21 Response from the vendor

Angela, I wish you lived in New York, imagine how much fun we'd have getting you ready for all these fabulous events you attend. Thank you for your words x

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Kate B

I can't say enough good things about Lucy! At the trial she understood exactly what I wanted in my wedding day look. Her confidence was refreshing and her overall demeanor is so chill. My bridesmaids were SO impressed with her and her team on the big day. Compared to other... Read More stylists I looked into, her pricing is really reasonable for NYC, especially for her skill level. Lucy is so great - book her!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Melissa G

Lucy and her assistant Cati were amazing! From the very first time I met Lucy for my trial I felt completely at ease and that she was really listening to my ideas. We tried a couple hair and makeup styles and she really helped me narrow down the look I wanted while also giving... Read More me advice on what would look best in pictures and hold up throughout the day. On my wedding day, the ladies were prompt, professional, and a complete riot to have around. They made the getting ready time with my bridesmaids fun and special. I was so thrilled with my makeup and hair for the wedding and I cannot recommend Lucy enough!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016

Lucy did makeup for me and two ladies in my wedding party this weekend, and I could not have been more thrilled with her work. We absolutely loved the natural, not overly made up looks she did for us. Her motto is, you're going to look like you looking your best (and not like... Read More a Kardashian). At my photographer's suggestion, I specifically sought someone like Lucy who would do airbrush foundation. My look was not only a beautiful version of my natural self but it lasted the whole day. And she was a pleasure to have around in the nuttiness of wedding day prep. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Wesley G

Lucy and one of her colleagues did my hair and makeup (along with the makeup for my mom, mother-in-law, and maid of honor) for my June 4 wedding and it was perfect! Everything was exactly what we decided on during my trial (for my hair: up, volume, texture, for my makeup: as... Read More natural as possible) and Lucy could not have been easier to work with. I don't wear much makeup on a daily basis and I wanted to feel as much like myself as possible so an extra shout out for my makeup. I would highly recommend Lucy without hesitation.

2016-08-08T20:11:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks Wesley for your kind words and for taking the time to write such a lovely review. So glad Karina and I were able to help make your day that little bit easier. Looking forward to seeing the pro pics.

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Desi P

Lucy is absolutely amazing!! I was referred to her by my sister in law (who by the way looked so natural and flawless on her wedding day). She really listened to what I envisioned and the style/look I wanted. I sent her a few pictures and we talked through what I wanted at the... Read More trial. She listened to my feedback and noted some of my ideas. I have to say it all came together perfectly on my wedding day. My make up stayed on all night, and everyone complimented me on my hair. The most important thing for me was to look natural, and she really delivered the classic look I wanted. I already recommended her to my co-worker. The best part is she is super fun to chat with, and has great energy. Hopefully I'll have another event soon, where I can book her again! :)

2016-08-04T09:58:46 Response from the vendor

Ah Desi, thank you. I can't wait to see the pictures, you were such a stunning stunning and super fun bride. Yana and I had a blast working with you and your party.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Lucy was such a pleasure to work with, very cool and professional; and her rates are competitive. She is a great listener and encouraged me to be completely honest during my trial. The day of both events (2-day wedding), Lucy was punctual and adapted quite well to the chaotic... Read More surroundings. She was able to capture the simplicity I was looking for and my hair and make-up stayed put for the entire eight hours. I highly recommend Lucy for any hair/make-up needs!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Shannon M

I was looking for a Hair Stylist and Make Up Artist for a christmas party I was going to this last year and Lucy from Miss Harlequin was recommended to me through a friend who's wedding hair and make up she did last year. Lucy is super fun, super professional and super... Read More English which only serves to add greater interest to the service! Lucy made me feel relaxed and pampered and I left to go out not only feeling unbelievably confident but safe in the knowledge I still looked like me... I felt a million dollars only without that price tag!! Lucy comes Highly Recommended.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Miss Harlequin - or Lucy as she is also know recently did my hair and make up for my wedding. Not that I like singing my own praises but I looked amazing! The make up was absolutely perfect - Lucy actually knew what I wanted before I actually did. I had an awful lot of... Read More comments about my hair and make up specifically and that my make up artist had done such a fantastic job. My make up stayed on all day and my hair also stayed put even through lots of sweaty dancing! Needless to say Lucy was incredibly professional, she has an extensive kit with make up for all skin types. She has an excellent rapport and is very calming which is especially helpful for nervous brides. She is incredibly experienced and definitely has a natural talent and is very quick at her work. I would definitely use her again for all future occasions where my make up just isn't up to scratch and I give her a five out of five every time. She has great energy and is fun to be around - amazing!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

I met Lucy through a mutual friend and loved getting to know her over dinner one night last winter. When I found out she was a makeup artist I confirmed her on the spot for my wedding. One year later, she made me look beautiful and worked her magic on my mother and my... Read More bridesmaids. When you plan a wedding, as someone reading this review might already be aware, it's best to work with people who are professional and kind, and who will put you at ease as you work your way through the never-ending checklist. Lucy is all of these things, and my trust in her was absolute (so much so that my trial was mere days before "the big day"). I recommend her whole-heartedly to anyone seeking a makeup artist for any special occasion.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Lucy and Cati did makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, the moms, and my flower girl on a super tight schedule before my Sunday luncheon wedding. They did a fantastic job! Lucy was always easy to communicate with, responded to emails immediately, and totally understood my desire... Read More for natural-looking makeup that wasn't too caked on. The airbrush foundation sounds scary until you actually do it, and it turns out it makes it look more natural, not less. Would definitely recommend working with Lucy!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 kathryn w

Lucy did the hair and makeup for myself, my mom, my mother-in-law, and my sister for my January wedding. Working with her was absolutely lovely. She's punctual, thorough, and prepared - she had everything under control. At the same time, though, she was relaxed, and put... Read More everyone else at ease. She was the best combination of being an absolute professional while also feeling like a (very talented) friend who just happens to be making you look gorgeous. I would highly, highly recommend Lucy!

Lucy Flint

I've had a life-long love affair with Make-Up & Hair Styling, and after 15 years working in a Corporate environment I took the plunge and left a successful career in London to pursue my dream of becoming a successful Make Up Artist & Hair Stylist in New York. Fast forward 6 years and a 1000 unique brides later, I'm still living my dream and doing what I love, meeting amazing women in the happiest of circumstances, and bringing their wedding day Make Up & Hair vision to life.