Miss Harlequin - Wedding Makeup Artistry & Hair Design

Manhattan and Tri-State Areas

We'll make you look and feel fabulous!

Having worked with over 1,000 Brides worldwide, Miss Harlequin Make up and Hair Founder Lucy Flint, and her hand-picked experienced team of artists, have developed an unfaltering reputation as New York's go to hair and make up specialists for Bridal and Special Events. Miss Harlequin Make Up and Hair caters for every need and number, and we always have an artist whom best fits your personality, your budget, and best of all, your aesthetic. Miss Harlequin Make up and Hair artists are so personable you'll end up wanting them in your wedding.

West 21st street, New York , NY Manhattan and Tri-State Areas (415) 533-5388
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Sophia T

I cannot begin to explain the level of quality and professionalism this team has. Absolutely outstanding work! I saw Lucy Flint twice before my wedding and she was so incredibly collaborative but more importantly fun and inviting! She's committed to you and making sure you look... Read More wonderful for your day. Not only that, I had 4 bridesmaids and 2 mothers and only allotted 3 hours for all hair and makeup and they did a phenomenal job! I was actually done EARLY! The most important factor here is that they can do hair AND makeup. It truly makes life easy. Also - their ability to literally do ANY STYLE you want is amazing. Finally, the quality of the make up they use is some of the best in the industry! My makeup did NOT BUDGE and I barely had any shine throughout an entire day (that was HOT)! I would not hesitate for a second to do at the very least a trial with Lucy's team. But I will guarantee you will NOT be disappointed if you select this team for your day. They're seriously the best in the business. Thank you team!!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Laura B

I would highly recommend Miss Harlequin to any bride looking for hair and makeup services on her big day! Unlike a lot of the competitor businesses which only offer makeup alone or hair alone, Miss Harlequin is a fantastic choice if you want to just keep things easy (yes... Read More please!) and they do both at a very reasonable price. The entire team was EXTREMELY nice and fun to be around. You only want good vibes on your wedding day and Miss Harlequin provides that. And let's not forget how freaking beautiful we looked thanks to Lucy's team! My bridesmaids and I felt amazing on my wedding day and I can't thank Lucy's team enough. Cati did my hair/makeup and Natasha and Gwen did hair/makeup for my bridesmaids. I also had to pleasure of meeting Lucy during my trial and she was so cool and had AMAZING style! New York and Brooklyn ladies who want to look elegant, hip, and not like you're going to prom on your wedding, then look no further than Miss Harlequin. I literally cannot say enough positive things. Do not hesitate to book them!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Joanna M

My partner and I both live in the UK and we decided to elope to New York. Being based in the UK trying to organise key elements of a wedding especially something as important as the brides hair and make up could have been a nightmare but then I found Lucy and her team! I made... Read More contact with Lucy via email having reviewed her portfolio on her website and from the very first contact she made the whole process as simple as possible. I was able to ask any questions prior to arriving in New York which helped with any last minute planning. Once the day arrived Lucy was very professional yet made the how process and very calming. The finished look was perfect she truly made me feel beautiful and ready for my photos! Thank you

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Olivia S

Lucy made my day! She came all the way out to my grandmothers home in Queens, and was there for me all morning. Her sense of style is compounded by the ability to really listen to what the client wants - both me and my maid of honour came out feeling like a million bucks. The... Read More price is a little more than other places, but it is so worth it to know you are getting the best possible look on your special day. I cannot recommend Miss Harlequin highly enough :)

Reviewed on 11/05/2017

Lucy is amazing! She was my and my mom's make up and hair artist for my wedding this past May. The process all the way from booking to choosing a style to the day-of was a breeze. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Lucy is a pleasure to have around. The day of the... Read More wedding she arrived on time with all the equipment necessary to make sure she could do her work well no matter the location and our makeup/hair preferences. She's so easy to talk to! It was very nice getting to know her and sharing a portion of such a special day with her. I will absolutely work with her again for my hair and makeup for future special occasions. Thank you Lucy!!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Lainie K

After multiple trials I chose Lucy at Miss Harlequin who made me look and feel more beautiful than I ever have. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Emily W

Dear Lucy, I hope this review comes through- currentkyvtravelling remote on our honeymoon but had to connect and share as soon as we could. Thank you for being a part of our special day, and one of the lovely memories I’ll have - the hair and makeup was exactly what I had... Read More envisioned. And with our day being a small and intimate sunset ceremony in Brooklyn - with only our closest family members- it was such a pleasure to have your truly warm and genuine presence as well. It felt like having another friendly face, along with our closest loved ones too. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Gina G

I'm not exaggerating when I say that booking Lucy from Miss Harlequin to do my bridal hair for my wedding last month was literally the least stressful and most easy vendor booking and experience for the entire event. I cannot recommend her skill and expertise enough. She nailed... Read More the complicated 19th century/historical hair style I wanted on the very first trial. She is extremely knowledgeable and so easy to talk to. She is also a very calming presence which came in handy when she became my impromptu event planner the day before my wedding. When I did not feel well she even offered to go pick me up some medicine from the drug store. Not only is she a total hair master, but she even kept thinking of even better ways to improve my hair style during the months leading up to the wedding. I was very impressed by her dedication. I wore a lot of hair extensions (as per my request), but Lucy worked her magic and I didn't need to change my hair style at all during the entire wedding. I was previously worried about the weight of the extensions, but Lucy made this and all my other bridal worries disappear Iike a magical fairy godmother. She also breezed through my bridesmaid's and my mother's hair styles. In a blink of an eye they were done and totally satisfied with her work. She is extremely professional and personable, and working with her from initial email to the hug goodbye after my wedding reception was a pleasure. To any bride looking for a bridal stylist look no further than Miss Harlequin. If I could rate Lucy and her business 10 stars I would. She is a true artist.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brenna R

From the initial trial to our actual wedding day, both of us (being two brides) were over-the-moon about Cati's friendly personality, spot-on service and attention to detail. Our looks were exactly what we wanted and truly represented our personalities. We couldn't be happier... Read More with Miss Harlequin's rates, services and exceptional hospitality.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jon C

We used Miss Harlequin for hair and makeup as part of a vow renewal in New York, 15 years after we got married. The hair and make-up artist Tatiana was fantastic and did such a lovely job with my wife. Miss Harlequin were helpful and responsive with all of the details, which was... Read More particularly appreciated as we are based in the UK. I would have no hesitation to recommend them, and they contributed to making our day very special.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Nancy D

I had the pleasure of working with Lucy for my 40th birthday party and I couldn't have loved the experience and results more. Lucy is incredible at making you feel at ease and comfortable and I wanted to chat with her all night! Everything Lucy did for my look was perfect. From... Read More the colors she chose for my makeup to way the way she expertly wove some crazy extensions into my hair for the most breathtaking braid - I've literally never felt more beautiful. Lucy is the perfect person for making you look your best for a special night, I can't recommend her enough. Thank you Lucy!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Carly W

From the very start, Lucy was calm, funny, and quick to respond. She was able to suggest beautiful options for my shorter hair that still felt 100% me. On my wedding day, I was floored by how amazing and natural Lucy made me look! On top of all that, she was so sweet and funny,... Read More I could have hung out with her all day!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Michelle M

Miss Harlequin is fantastic. Everybody I interacted with was so warm and friendly. Cati did my hair and makeup for the wedding and she did a wonderful job. I wanted to make sure that I still looked very much like myself and she did just that--except a much more glamorous... Read More version!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Lauren E

Cati did a wonderful job with my wedding hair and makeup. I had a very small and simple ceremony, and on most days I don't wear any makeup, so I was worried about looking like I was wearing too much makeup on my wedding day. Cati arrived at my hotel room at 7AM and, after... Read More discussing the look I was hoping for, she proceeded to make me look appropriately glamorous. She was also very friendly and easygoing. I was thrilled with the look, and so was my family. It was such a relief to have my hair and makeup professionally done at the hotel I was staying in, so I didn't have to venture out to a salon so early in the morning. Miss Harlequin offers a great service. I'm so glad to have worked with them and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others. Thank you Cati and Lucy.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

Lucy was amazing! She arrive at 5 am doing hair and make up,for me and my wife! We loved her,she is professional but funny and so outgoing,she make you feel comfortable straight away! We love her result,our make up last all day,and the photo ??? Omg just beautiful! Def... Read More recommend her and her team! Professional and helpful!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

I can’t recommend miss harlequin highly enough. We were travelling from the UK and were very apprehensive about booking make up and hair services without a trial. Lucy and the team were fantastic in alleviating all our fears through prompt responses to my emails (despite the... Read More time difference it felt like having a real conversation)! I sent some pictures over of the look we wanted to achieve and a picture of us and Lucy assured us it was doable!! On the day the 2 stylists arrived promptly and set to work! Given they were styling my wife and I it could have been quite chaotic but they were amazing! They were fun and friendly and confident in what they were doing. The end result was amazing and surpassed our expectations. I would definitely recommend the team to anyone looking for wedding hair and make up!!! I just wish we could do it all again!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jyoti E

I am so happy I found Miss Harlequin. Paulina from Miss Harlequin was my hair stylist and I can't say enough nice things about her. She was very attentive to my ideas of how I wanted to look, and styled my hair beautifully. It was picture perfect. I highly recommend doing a... Read More hair or make up trial so your stylist knows exactly what you want. My trial was amazing too and so I booked immediately. Love Miss Harlequin. Love Paulina. Recommend without any reservations!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

Lucy was a rockstar! She is so cool and super sweet. I felt like I was spending my pre-wedding hours with an old friend. She and her amazing second artist Abby did hair and makeup for me and my entire bridal party. Everyone looked like a goddess and was the most beautiful... Read More version of themselves. I wanted to simply enhance everyone's natural beauty, and they nailed the makeup. For hair, there were lots of braids and waves for a free-spirited bohemian vibe, and everyone looked awesome. Our looks lasted from 8am to well past midnight, and I couldn't be more thankful for Miss Harlequin!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Erin R

Lucy is a talented artist and was a calming force in my wedding day. She arrived promptly and transformed my small apartment living room into a full service salon. I looked and felt great!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Emily T

Lucy (the owner of Miss Harlequin) did a great job on my hair for the wedding. I had a friend who is a makeup stylist doing my makeup, but I needed someone to step in at the last minute and pinch-hit for my hair, as I had changed my mind about what I wanted. I did a trial with... Read More her the week before my wedding and felt Lucy did a great job - she was kind, professional and courteous. On the day of the wedding, she arrived on time, and she worked with me to get the style exactly how I wanted, which took a few tries. She also provided some basic hair styling for my mom and aunt, and she was an absolute gem with my aunt, who did not understand that having your hair styled didn't mean having it washed (like at a salon). Lucy was wonderful and kind to her and tackled what could have been a tricky moment with aplomb. But the best part was that she was just a ball to have in the room with us getting ready. She had a great energy - was fun to talk to and have around and really got on with all my bridesmaids. She helped keep the vibe in the room joyful, upbeat and positive even when I was stressed out about things. I was so happy I chose Lucy to help me look beautiful on my wedding day and could not recommend her more highly.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Robin T

Lucy is an amazingly talented wedding makeup artist/hair stylist, and for her quality of work, you literally cannot find a better deal in the city! I got married on May 20th at 3 West, and I did a lot of research for each of my vendors - I contacted around 10 makeup artists.... Read More Lucy had the best reviews, the most reasonable pricing (especially for airbrush), and the all-in-one versatility that I needed (a lot of people either do makeup or hair but not both). She came with 2 other girls for myself, my mother / mother-in-law, and 4 bridesmaids about 4 hours before when I needed to be ready by. It was such a pleasure working with her and hearing about her fun career / her own amazing wedding (seriously ask her about it, she's sooo cool) that the time just flew by. I had felt that my hair was a bit too loose after the trial, which she really took into account and put in extra bobby pins and gel to make sure it stayed on better. On wedding day, my hair stayed up amazingly well from when it was done by 1pm to when my afterparty ended at 3am, and the airbrush makeup lasted through many tears. Lucy is worth every penny, I cannot be happier with how my wedding pictures turned out!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 emily s

Lucy provided the perfect touch of NYC glam for my rustic Catskills wedding in August. She was absolutely amazing and from the time I met her at my trial, I knew I wanted her to be part of the day. She trekked up to the mountains with her supplies and did hair and makeup for me,... Read More my mom and my new mother in law. She even did a little styling of the nervous groom's hair. I felt amazing and the hair and makeup lasted through summer humidity, late night dancing, and watching fireworks in the rain. On top of providing amazing hair and makeup, Lucy was truly a calming and reassuring presence to everyone and I wholeheartedly recommend her and her team to anyone considering her services!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kristie C

"I had searched for somewhere affordable to do hair and make up for my relatively small wedding (50ish people). I found Miss Harlequinn, and within an hour I was hearing back from Lucy with details. Due to the time frame of my wedding (mid morning) she offered to do it herself... Read More which completely shocked me since I was expecting one of her team members. I had my trial a few months before, and she was very easy going and great! I had a lot of fun when I thought I wouldn't and she did a great job of making my rather flat thin hair look amazing. The day of the wedding she came to my apartment at 6am, and was wonderful and very attentive. My hair and make up looked great and stayed in place the entire day. I would highly recommend for any function."

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Mandy S

Lucy and her team did hair and makeup for five of us on my wedding day and it all turned out beautifully! We all felt like the best version of ourselves, which is exactly what we were hoping for. I did a hair and makeup trial early on and had so much fun with Lucy that I knew I... Read More wanted her to be a part of my wedding day. I even changed my mind on what I wanted in the way of wedding hair (post-trial) and Lucy worked with me on the fly and put together a gorgeous updo. The team was efficient but patient, and was friendly and fun to be around. I had a tight schedule and they amazingly worked with us to make it all happen. They were flexible and super responsive. And of course, I have to mention that my makeup and hair lasted through a late night! Highly, highly recommend Miss Harlequin!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Michelle W

"I would just like to comment on the appointment I had for my hair & make up by Miss Harlequin on September 26th in New York. Wow is my reaction to how I was presented for my wedding in Central Park. The make-up was absolutely fabulous and my hair do, half up half down was... Read More amazing. I looked absolutely stunning (picture attached) Thank you so so much for making my wedding that extra special "

Lucy Flint

I've had a life-long love affair with Make-Up & Hair Styling, and after 15 years working in a Corporate environment I took the plunge and left a successful career in London to pursue my dream of becoming a successful Make Up Artist & Hair Stylist in New York. Fast forward 6 years and a 1000 unique brides later, I'm still living my dream and doing what I love, meeting amazing women in the happiest of circumstances, and bringing their wedding day Make Up & Hair vision to life.