ML Photo & Film

We are Marissa and Lauren, the M and the L that make up ML Photo & Film. We are a dynamic duo, two sisters, with a passion for photographing and filming weddings. We adore capturing all the pretty details from your day but it's the candid moments we really focus on. For us, your wedding day is about capturing the moments you're going to cherish for a lifetime; the laughter you share with your bridesmaids as you’re getting ready, the giddiness you express as you get into your wedding dress, the sweet words that you say during your vows, and the epic dance moves you bust out with family and friends while on the dance floor.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 Kerbie D

I don’t even know where to begin with expressing how AMAZING Marissa & Lauren are! I had the pleasure of working with ML as both a vendor & a bride. Marissa is absolutely fantastic at what she does! I knew from the minute I got engaged that I needed Marissa for my wedding... Read More photographer & I couldn’t have made a better choice. Our family, wedding party and guests can’t stop saying enough good things about all of our wedding photos. I love how Marissa and her second shooter captured all the little details that you want to keep as forever memories & of course, perfect portraits. Marissa made my husband and I feel so comfortable during our photo sessions & I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun taking pictures before! We are going to have to order multiple wedding albums because all the pictures are just that PERFECT! You can’t go wrong with this dynamic duo!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Erin W

Marissa and Lauren are fun, professional, and exceedingly gifted! Our stunning engagement and wedding photos seem to be the talk of the town, thanks to ML’s attention to light, detail, and their ability to make you smile and laugh your way through the shoot! We got our photos... Read More and videos quickly (a preview in 10 days and the full gallery in less than a month!), and they consistently responded to our emails within an hour. At the wedding, Marissa, Lauren, and their crew captured every moment because they were genuinely enjoying themselves - the perfect combination of being stealth and being engaged! Finally, they made the whole process EASY - suggesting a list of possible portraits and customizing to the unique details of our wedding; being organized, authoritative, and calm during the wedding; and going above and beyond to get to know us prior to the event... they even took us out to dinner twice! I cannot recommend them highly enough. Worth every penny, as the memories they captured are priceless! (Also, definitely don’t pass on the video... it’s SO worth it!)

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Kayla B

If you're overwhelmed with wedding planning, make this one decision a little easier and book Marissa and Lauren for your photo/video! We could not be happier with how they worked out for our wedding. Day of and weeks after we're still getting comments from our family about how... Read More impressed they are about their professionalism and the quality of their work. Marissa even offered to take my wedding invitations home with her and ship them back to me so that she could ensure I had a good range of photos of them (since I designed them, they were an important detail to me!). Our wedding day had some bipolar Texas weather, and Marissa was always monitoring it and on top of when and where we could take photos. It took the stress off of us! After the wedding, Marissa also sent me a few photos early of my dad and me in time for Father's Day. Lauren also did an amazing job with the video, and we got multiple remarks that it looked like a movie preview. My dad had originally thought I should pass on getting a wedding video and tried to talk me out of it, and after seeing Lauren's work, he commented how happy he was I didn't listen to him! Another thing to note is that because the two are so used to working with each other, you won't run into issues of photographers getting in the way of video or video getting in the way of photo as you might if you hired two separate vendors. Anyway, I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Vivian S

I had the opportunity to plan and coordinate a beautiful wedding with Marissa, Lauren, and their two assistance. They are very sweet and easy to work with! Marissa was fast with her response before the wedding, she double checked my timeline and gave me very constructive... Read More feedbacks. On the day of the wedding, her team actually finished group photos EARLY during cocktail hour! The newlyweds and their wedding party were able to join cocktail hour with their guests, which is incredibly rare! Bravo to her team to be able to capture amazing photos AND stay on top of the flow, all night long! They knew exactly what was happening next, and was always ready to snap/film away. I would recommend them to all of my clients without hesitation!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Ashley L

If you want to make new best friends with an insanely talented sister duo hire Marissa and Lauren to photograph and video your wedding. My husband, Steven, and I cannot stop gushing over their work done for our 9/23 wedding in Austin.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Ashley S

You can officially stop searching for your wedding videographer! Lauren is the absolute best! She is so outgoing, fun, nice and easy to work with. She is so accommodating and makes fantastic videos. I have received countless compliments of how well the video(s) turned out. I... Read More could not be more pleased with Lauren and this experience.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Rebecca H

Cannot recommend Marissa enough for wedding photography! She is a dream to work with and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the planning process. We absolutely love looking at our wedding photos because they take us right back to the day, and our family and guests... Read More still rave about her professionalism and beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 David M

ML Photo & Film had spectacular photography on our summer outdoor wedding at Memory Lane Event Center in Dripping Springs, Texas!! Marissa and Lauren both captured the greatest moments of our wedding and they both utilized the natural light beautifully. The photos were ones we... Read More will treasure for the rest of our lives! Marissa was very easy to work with and it was a great pleasure getting to know her! We also had Marissa do our engagement photos in Austin that were all very perfect as well! Overall, it was a blast working with ML Photo & Film and I would highly recommend them to anyone!! If you are looking for someone who is a good communicator, loves what she does, and makes the photography process fun, then Marissa is your perfect photographer!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Amber K

Lauren and Marissa are seriously THE BEST! If you are looking for a wedding photographer and videographer please do yourself a favor and book ML photo and film. They are so sweet, easy to work with, and most importantly talented. I was overwhelmed how beautiful everything turned... Read More out. Several friends and family have commented that our wedding photos are the most beautiful they have ever seen. I feel so fortunate to have found them. Thank you Marissa and Lauren!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Britani A

Marissa and Lauren did an amazing job capturing our wedding day! The photos and video were so beautiful. They were amazing to work with. Both captured the attention to detail that we put into the wedding. We had a FaceTime call with them the week of our wedding to go over the... Read More timeline and make sure we had everything crossed off the list. The photo preview and 3 minute video were up on their blog and Facebook super quick. We were so excited to share the preview with our family and friends. It is so nice to look back on the most perfect day and relive it. My husband and I would definitely recommend ML Photo & Film. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Christine D

I researched so many different photographers in the Austin area soon after getting engaged, and I cannot be happier that I found ML Photo & Film. From the beginning of my wedding planning to post-wedding, Marissa and Lauren were our most organized vendor. They were always on top... Read More of things, from schedule to answering questions promptly to providing recommendations. It is truly amazing. We got married in peak wedding season, and to be honest, there were times with our other vendors that made me a little nervous that they would not deliver on the day because there is so much going on. That never happened with Marissa and Lauren even though I know they were also very busy. These sisters are the sweetest, extremely mindful, and talented. I cannot recommend them enough! My only regret is that I didn't splurge for the videography because I know it would have been top-notch.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Brittany B

ML Photo and Film is truly the best decision we made when planning our wedding. They captured our May wedding at LBJ Wildflower Center perfectly. The photos and videos are exactly as we remember the day, sunny, happy and full of happy tears and dance moves. Not only did they... Read More capture our day exactly as we remember it but they put in the work ahead of time to make sure they knew exactly what we wanted. From asking and knowing what shots were important to us (to the extent Marissa reminded me of a shot I'd mentioned to her months ago) to how long we wanted to spend in family shots - no detail was missed! I simply don't have enough good things to say about Marissa and Lauren. The highlights are: -They are personable. We always felt at ease with them at my bridals, engagement dinner and the entire wedding day they were easy to work with and kept us laughing and feeling amazing. -They are extremely organized. What bride doesn't love their photographer/videographer to answer their questions completely and so so quickly? -They are fast! We had our short video and about 40 photos within two weeks of our wedding. That is unheard of but couldn't be more meaningful to us and other couples. The added bonus is that Marissa and Lauren are sisters and they work together so effortlessly!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Samantha Z

I could not resist writing a review for the incredibly sweet and talented Lauren! I did not have the great pleasure of meeting her sister Marissa (because by the time I met with Lauren I had already hired a photographer), but having seen her photos afterwards I have no doubt... Read More they are a dynamic sister duo. Lauren and I met while my own sister was briefly in town and it was honestly hilarious. We had so much fun, and instantly felt like friends! I had a pretty tight budget to work with, but Lauren was so accommodating in creating a package that met and exceeded all of my needs. Lauren was constantly reaching out to touch base throughout the whole planning process. We even met a week or two before the wedding to finalize all the details. My fear was that I would be focused on the video camera and not act myself, but Lauren blends seamlessly into the background while sneakily catching the most incredible footage. She is so kind and puts you so at ease, that even if you were to catch her at work it would feel like being videotaped by a friend. I haven’t even received my full-length video yet, and I already feel compelled to write this review. I have not stopped sobbing since the minute she sent me the highlight video. Not only did she capture all the amazing moments between my now husband and I, she set the memories to a gorgeous soundtrack with a voice-over of my sisters sweet MOH speech. There are so many incredible family dynamics at play at a wedding, even aside from the couple, and I feel like Lauren captured all those moments beautifully as well. I can’t wait to see the rest of the footage, and I know I will cherish those memories forever. Thank you so much Lauren, and I cannot recommend her enough!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Sarah K

ML Photo Film is the best wedding photographer/videographer duo you could want for your wedding. Marissa and Lauren both went above and beyond for our wedding and I can't even tell you enough amazing things to say about them. Marissa does an amazing job at making you and... Read More your groom feel completely confident in front of the camera. She tells you exactly what to do to ensure the photos capture that authentic laughter and smile between the two of you. Marissa is awesome at knowing the best light, isn't afraid to get her hands dirty to get a good photo, and gets very creative especially when it comes to the details photos. Lauren is amazingly talented at not only filming the videos but also at putting them together in an effortless way. She some how picks the most special moments to include in the video. I cried watching the video they did for us, let alone just previewing others before we selected her for videography. Beyond their amazingly talented skills, Marissa and Lauren are two of the most amazing, down-to-earth, sweetest people you will meet. They bring a calming spirit to the wedding day (they know what they are doing) and are just fun to hang out with even when they aren't taking your pictures or videoing. To top it all off they have the most personal touches throughout the entire process. We received some just because chocolates in the mail with a personalized note telling us how excited they were above our wedding day (you guys, who does this still?)! It was the cutest and made us so excited for them to be a part of our day. Thank you girls for making our day so very special. It truly would not have been as special without you two there to capture it all.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Diana G

Lauren filmed out big day, and we couldn't have been happier! She is very accommodating to any changes or requests that you have, and completely understanding of any questions you have. We didn't even notice when she was there, and everything caught was so natural. She has an... Read More amazing vision, and it showed through on our wedding video. We can't stop getting watery-eyed every time we watch it!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Emily T

We hired Marissa as our wedding photographer and from the booking process, to our engagement portraits, to our actual wedding day, Marissa was a DREAM to work with! Our engagement session was so fun and that was a great chance to get to know Marissa and her personality for our... Read More wedding. Our wedding photos are absolute perfection, and are a great testament to the talent of Marissa, as well as Lauren- who shot as our second photographer. Pricing was perfect for our budget, but they could easily charge more for the quality of the photos and the amazing time and care given to us. I wish we could have our wedding again just to have more beautiful photos from Marissa and Lauren!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Brittany M

These girls are the best! The sweetest sisters ever. I absolutely love their work and loved working with them!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Samantha W

It's been 4 months since our wedding and I am still speechless when I look at our photos! Seriously, they're incredible. Marissa and Lauren are both the funnest, sweetest, and most talented team to work with... our families and whole wedding party loved them! They made sure to... Read More get all the photos I wanted plus about 1,000 more haha... honestly, there are way too many great photos to choose from, and we love all of them! Moments I didn't even know one of them was around to capture - those are some of my favorites. Marissa also did our engagement photos and made us look like models... seriously, we look that good because she was able to make us not feel awkward standing in a field of knee high weeds whispering silly things at each other. I wasn't really interested in bridal portraits from the beginning, but thankfully my family talked me into it because they are GORGEOUS! Again, she made me look like a model with her magical camera. I will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives. *Highly recommend the package that includes the wedding album- Marissa did a FANTASTIC job putting it together and making changes when I couldnt decide between 1 beautiful photo from another. It's really, really beautiful. Couldn't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 shane p

Marissa and Lauren were so awesome during our whole wedding journey. They did our wedding photos/videos as well as our engagement photos. They were so professional, friendly, so easy to work with and overall just awesome people. I highly recommend hiring them. Our pictures and... Read More video turned out better than we expected and I couldn't help but cry and get teary eyed every time I see and watch our pictures and video. They truly captured the essence of our wedding and it resonated with the work that they do. I am forever grateful with their team for their work and you won't be disappointed hiring them.

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Pamela P

We are so happy to have found this sister duo!! I fell in love the minute we saw just the preview of pictures!! The most beautiful pictures...thank you so much Marissa!!! You ladies captured this very special day for us...which will we be able to cherish the rest of our lives!!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Lindsay L

I simply cannot put into words how grateful I am for Marissa and Lauren. I whole-heartedly endorse them! What a wonderful duo! They are incredibly easy to work with and have such a fantastic eye for their craft. After meeting with them the first time, I felt like we were... Read More friends! They are very detail oriented but also so so personable. Their easy-going nature made it a pleasure to have them spend time with us the whole day. They didn't miss a beat and were so energetic the entire day. Their attention to detail and organization made me feel at ease! They were very organized while I was planning the wedding and I was so grateful that I knew they had all details in order. True to themselves, they were also so organized during the wonderful but hectic wedding day. For example, I had just a few orange roses in my bouquet and asked them to make sure I was holding my bouquet at a good angle to show the roses. EVERY picture has the orange I wanted and they were very kind to remind me to hold my bouquet the right way. Plus, both offered expert ideas and thought of fun variations in the poses I suggested. They were completely on-top of things and helped make sure we got all of our pictures in, which was so relieving to be able to trust in them for such an important part of the day. They completely captured the sentiment of our wedding day through video and photos! It is incredible! I am SO glad we chose to do both the video and photo package. The day went by so quickly and I am so grateful to have amazing wedding photos and videos to review. Each photo makes me smile for hours- they are simply stunning! I also have received so many compliments on our wedding video- I have been told how unique and perfectly crafted the video is. PLEASE choose M&L for your wedding photography and videography. You will be in such good hands!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Crystal P

Marissa and Lauren are PHENOMENAL!! They are both truly talented artists with an obvious passion for their work. Throughout the whole process they were quick to communicate, so prepared and professional, and such a joy to be around!! We have gotten SO many compliments on our... Read More photos and video from them! The hard work that they put into capturing our day is so evident in the final product. We seriously could not be happier!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Valerie C

These girls were so amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVE my wedding photos! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Amy

Marissa and Lauren are not only extremely talented, but they are also such a joy to be around and to work with - which I found to be super important on such a big day! We couldn't be happier with our choice to use them to capture our wedding day. They were both so patient... Read More with our family members and friends and also professional from the very beginning. It is obvious that making their clients happy is their first priority. We had the joy of booking Marissa a year after we saw the beautiful work they had done for my brother's wedding, and I am so glad we did! I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Morgan C

Marissa and Lauren photographed and filmed our wedding on December 19th, 2015 and WOW, they blew us away. When we were searching for a photographer, we met with several, but as soon as we met Marissa, it was a no brainer. She was so professional, prepared, and knowledgeable. She... Read More was always so genuine and really cared about our day. Leading up to the wedding, they were in correspondence with some of our vendors and coordinated timing with them. They were so easy to talk to while we were planning and were extremely helpful and responsive, answering our many questions cheerfully! On the day of the wedding, Marissa and Lauren were there early to scope things out. They took charge from the get go and had a clear plan. Because of them, everything flowed so smoothly. They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and just let us have fun! We thought they were impeccable at the wedding, but getting the photo and video back were really what blew us away. Marissa and Lauren captured every moment of our magical day so perfectly, from the details to the goofy moments. They captured our personalities so well - they looked so natural and relaxed, but oh so stunning! The lighting, the music, the backdrops, the posing, was all perfect. We could not have asked for more from a photographer! Going with ML Photo & Film was by FAR the best decision we made when planning our wedding!